New RagNOrok loggin

orangewaldo

Awards
Hello all,

I have been found worthy to test and log my experiences with the new RagNOrok by MST. Take the red pill and follow me down the rabbit hole to see how the journey goes. I will start posting very shortly after it arrives and look forward to responding to any questions as best as I can.
Last but not least don't forget your towel.

-one must civilize the mind, but make savage the body-
-Mongo-

orangewaldo

Awards
So the goods arrived today with and it was stuffed with extras! Tomorrow will certainly be the first if it's cardio or chomping on some weights. Lets see where this rabbit hole goes shall we?
20141004_222257.jpg

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nice I'm In !

orangewaldo

Awards
Tried the goods for the first time last night about 40 minutes before a run and a few lessons are below.
1. This stuff tastes damn good! I mean you could serve this in a big glass with an umbrella in it kind of good. Most important to me is the citric acid content doesn't set my gut on fire. I've had GERD (acid reflux) since eating some Iraqi food in 2005 and a significant portion of supplements kill me especially before a run. I am happy to report no stomach issues with RagNOrok at all. I would like to see stevia extract used instead of sucralose in the future, but that is my personal preference.

2.The tingles are just right, at least for a cardio session. I've tried a LOT of pre from multiple companies over the years and some leave feeling like crackhead, or with no sensation at all. The wind from running made it feel like I was cooling off faster than normal and I wanted to go faster as a result.

3. The endurance was great. This could be a result of diet and I get that, but where I could jog where I normally walked and run slower where I would normally jog. I dropped a full minute from 2 miles time and wish the weather would have held out to see where I would have ran out of juice.

4. The mojo that MST worked with the flavor and ingredients had a 2nd effect. My throat and mouth didn't feel coated with junk during my run, at least no more than normal. Some pre have that effect and it's just aweful.

RagNOrok may have become my new favorite pre cardio supplement and that is heavy praise for me. I'll have to try it before a ruck march to see if it beats out MANs GameDay. MST sure has a winner here, that much I can say.

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
Happy to see you're enjoying it so far. Let's keep up the hard work

orangewaldo

Awards
First day in the weightroom today and another list for you. 1 scoop slightly rounded.
1. This stuff really really tastes good. I would consider a name change, something that hints at the tropical taste maybe hurricane or something.
2. Wow what a rush. I ran out of workout long before I ran out of energy. I even added 3 sets of other things to my workout regiment.
3. Not only did I have more go, but I cut my recovery between sets to 30 seconds to see how it went and on 30 seconds I was good to go.
4. I noticed more tingle this time, but that might have to do with how quickly I drank it.
5. The caffeine content is just right for me. I am a coffee addict because toddlers , and one of them lights to party at night.
The workout routine will follow. It's Jay Cutler's program on bodybuilding.com, but hey hes a champ for a reason.

*update* workout list is here .http://my.bodybuilding.com/workouts/viewworkoutlog/orangewaldo/5433e3360cf2248721195876

Last edited:
jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
I take RagNOrok on an empty stomach and always get blasted with the beta alanine tingles. So it may have something to do with the amount of food you've taken with it. I know some people don't like to workout like that though.

orangewaldo

Awards
I take RagNOrok on an empty stomach and always get blasted with the beta alanine tingles. So it may have something to do with the amount of food you've taken with it. I know some people don't like to workout like that though.
The tingles weren't overwhelming, I would call them just right for myself even on an empty stomach.

orangewaldo

Awards
Yesterdays and todays workout were in the afternoon. so a longer list.
1. I forgot to mention mixability so far. 3 shakes in a cup and done. I drank todays out of a regular glass that I mixed in with a spoon on about 14 oz. Still disolved super easy. I am impressed that 3 stirs with a plastic knife left almost nothing at the bottom. well done.
2. Today the Tingles were crazy. Not sure what the difference was because I ate my mid-morning snack just 10 minutes before the dose.
3. The resiliency that RagNOrok Elite gives me is crazy. I've cut my rest periods to the amount of time it takes to add or subtract weight and I find myself adding weight after each rep. Just when I think I can't add any more, I can.
4. MST has created something that has no crash. Zero. None. Going on little sleep I can take 1 scoop, just one, and crush a workout without feeling like im gonna pass-out when I get home. I had to force myself to leave the gym yesterday because I could tell that my energy level was far outliving my muscular ability. The energy builds up like a diesel engine and its just sticks around. Not overwhelming and super usable without putting me into a wall.
I noticed that I can't link my workout log here so its copied below. Pardon the format its heavy in images on bodybuilding.

CLOSE-GRIP FRONT LAT PULLDOWN
View Guide
MUSCLE TARGETED: Lats
EXERCISE TYPE: Strength
EQUIPMENT TYPE: Cable
WEIGHT/REPS
TARGET 10-12 REPS
155LBS. X 10REPS
REST BETWEEN SETS 1 MIN 21 SEC
SET 2 :WEIGHT/REPS
TARGET 10-12 REPS
185LBS. X 10REPS
REST BETWEEN SETS 0 MIN 44 SEC
SET 3 :
WEIGHT/REPS
TARGET 10-12 REPS
175LBS. X 8REPS
REST BETWEEN SETS 0 MIN 30 SEC
SET 4 :
WEIGHT/REPS
TARGET 10-12 REPS
160LBS. X 10REPS
REST BETWEEN EXERCISES 1 MIN 0 SEC

LYING T-BAR ROW
MUSCLE TARGETED: Middle Back
EQUIPMENT TYPE: Machine
Lying T-Bar Row Lying T-Bar Row
SETS:3 | TOTAL WEIGHT: 1,660 Lbs. | TOTAL REPS: 28
SET 1 :
WEIGHT/REPS
TARGET 10-12 REPS
45LBS. X 12REPS
REST BETWEEN SETS 0 MIN 42 SEC
SET 2 :
WEIGHT/REPS
TARGET 10-12 REPS
70LBS. X 9REPS
REST BETWEEN SETS 0 MIN 2 SEC
SET 3 :
WEIGHT/REPS
TARGET 10-12 REPS
70LBS. X 7REPS

LEVERAGE ISO ROW
View Guide
MUSCLE TARGETED: Lats
EQUIPMENT TYPE: Machine
Leverage Iso Row Leverage Iso Row
SETS:3 | TOTAL WEIGHT: 5,300 Lbs. | TOTAL REPS: 34
SET 1 :
WEIGHT/REPS
TARGET 10-12 REPS
130LBS. X 12REPS
REST BETWEEN SETS 0 MIN 26 SEC
SET 2 :WEIGHT/REPS
TARGET 10-12 REPS
170LBS. X 12REPS
REST BETWEEN SETS 0 MIN 30 SEC
SET 3 :WEIGHT/REPS
TARGET 10-12 REPS
170LBS. X 10REPS

SEATED CABLE ROWS
View Guide
MUSCLE TARGETED: Middle Back
EQUIPMENT TYPE: Cable
Seated Cable Rows Seated Cable Rows
SETS:7 | TOTAL WEIGHT: 10,398 Lbs. | TOTAL REPS: 74
SET 1 :
WEIGHT/REPSTARGET 10-12 REPS
117LBS. X 12REPS
REST BETWEEN SETS 0 MIN 22 SEC
SET 2 :
127LBS. X 12REPS
REST BETWEEN SETS 0 MIN 1 SEC
SET 3 :
137LBS. X 12REPS
REST BETWEEN SETS 1 MIN 1 SEC
SET 4 :
147LBS. X 12REPS
REST BETWEEN SETS 0 MIN 28 SEC
SET 5 :
157LBS. X 10REPS
REST BETWEEN SETS 0 MIN 32 SEC
SET 6 :
167LBS. X 7REPS
REST BETWEEN SETS 0 MIN 34 SEC
SET 7 :
147LBS. X 9REPS

REST BETWEEN EXERCISES 0 MIN 0 SEC
BUTT-UPS
View Guide
MUSCLE TARGETED: Abdominals
EQUIPMENT TYPE: Body Only
Butt-Ups Butt-Ups
SETS:2 | TOTAL REPS: 20
SET 1 :
10REPS
REST BETWEEN SETS 0 MIN 28 SEC
SET 2 :
10REPS

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
Looks to be a solid workout. Love to hear that you're enjoying our product.

orangewaldo

Awards
So yesterday was leg day. I was exhausted all day and almost skipped my workouts. Started sipping Rag when I was getting sleepy at work and within 30 minutes my motivation had certainly picked. I am an avid coffee drinker, and Rag still managed to kick my butt out of the sleep trench. Did a heavy leg day and got sleepy again at home so sipped some more. Later I went for my daily constitutional and the motivation was so high I ran my two miles and then I ran two more. LIST TIME!
1. Rag seems to have no end to endurance. There is no logical reason that I had enough juice to run over 4 miles after a leg workout. I also had no cramping during or after. I had a big dinner 2 hours before and the Rag had me asking for more when I should have been passed out on the couch.

2. I've started drinking 1 scoop and mixing 1/3 -1/2 a scoop with my intra workout mix to keep the motivation going on super tired days. It seems to add fuel to the fire without making me want to climb the walls or start a hostile takeover.

3. It's been a week and the only downside is the container is only 30 servings and I wish it was bigger.

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
Glad to hear you're enjoying it, orange. I'll talk to the higher ups and see if we can get that SUPERMEGA120SERVINGS container out soon haha

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Looking great man, really appreciate all the details you're putting into your log

orangewaldo

Awards
We've been traveling for a few days now and the mini humans have wrecked my workout schedule but they're worth it. I'm still doing cardio and tried a run without rag for a control group and it sucked bad. I crawled back to the house after 3 miles hurting. I took a half scoop of rag and it brought me back from the dead. List time.
1 . Drinking a gallon of water a day while taking rag is highly recommended. I drank a lot of water while we were making the trip and it clearly wasn't enough.

2. If you find yourself having to work out without you pre of choice then rag will bring you back to life.

orangewaldo

Awards
So we've returned from the family trip. My rag is still packed in a suitcase somewhere so I had to fall back on NOxplode for my workout today...and meh. After using rag for so many workouts, xplode just feels weak and sad. I'll be diggin for the miracle jar of rag tonight because i tmiss the good times.

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
Hope it was a good trip. Looking forward to the next workout :D

orangewaldo

Awards
So I came back from our family trip with the cold from hell. Still not 100%, but not contagious any more so I tried working out. I didn't want to go and the extra day of rest might have made sense, but oh well. I had a tiny bit of motivation when I started drinking rag 30 minutes prior. As the clock ticked on my motivation level grew because I didn't feel like a walking dead extra any more. I wasn't pumped up when I walked in the gym, but I still felt like working out. Some leg work later and I was physically exhausted, but still able to think and process info. This stuff is truly amazing and I wouldn't have made it to the gym without it. Not my best workout, but better than nothing.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah I've been sick for a couple weeks myself and just got better. Bad chest cold so I stayed away from the gym. Not a fan of getting sick at all! Time to increase the glutamine intake ;)

Glad you were able to make it, losing time is no fun

orangewaldo

Awards
I participated in day 47 of a cross country relay yesterday. I'm part of veterans organization focused on increasing health through fitness called TEAMRWB and we're running a flag from the Golden Gate Bridge to DC entirely on foot. It was long day filled with relays of 1-3 miles for everyone. I only ran 6,I think, but they were 8.30 miles carrying a regulation flag. I was toast, donesky, tapped out after the first leg of 1.5 miles but rag kept bringing me back for more. 1 scoop 30 minutes prior, 1 scoop throughout the day, and half scoop to get me in the car and home. I'm not that sore today and the only supp I'm taking is rag, besides a daily vitamin right now. This stuff is truly an all in one solution for me.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Great to hear! Sounds like a great org to be part of

orangewaldo

Awards
Chest workout yesterday. Not a lot of sets, but lift so heavy.
The focus I get from Rag still impresses me. I was so drained yesterday that I didnt want to go the gym, but figured if rag can drag me out of the coffin I'll go. Sure enough drank it 30 minutes prior and I was ready to go. I wasn't pumped but I got in all the sets and reps with a little gas to spare for abs.
Rag can and will take your training up a notch or 2. I went from F@(# it not going to yeah, I can lift that and maybe a few pounds more. I'm going to try a scoop and half to see if that can push me past the z monster on long days.
I ended up showing off the container to some of the people I ran with on Sunday, keep in mind these are serious running junkies, and they came away impressed by the label.

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, Rag has been proving very useful for endurance purposes.

orangewaldo

Awards
Got back to working out in my old gym this morning. Drank1.5 scoops on my and it it wasn't enough time for the full effect. My energy levels maxed out about 20 minutes in and after that there was no stopping me. Heavy back day and still had energy to spare, had me wishing I made it to gym earlier. Best part is I still don't feel like I need anything else than water and food afterwards.

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
How's your weekend going? Watching any football today?

orangewaldo

Awards
Had a awesome workout on Fri. Turns out though that taking musings and Rag the means you have to drink obnoxious amounts of water. 1.5 scoops might be a little much. A lot more tingle but no extra energy or a better recovery.
Also yes, I'll be watching the Seattle game.

orangewaldo

Awards
Back in the gym this morning. Personal advice: A cold lasting longer than 5 days is probably not a cold and bloody mucus is bad mmmkay.
Now that am getting better, Rag has more intense effect. 1.5 scoops this morning was too much. 1 and quarter may be the sweet spot, and whoo doggy was I tingling. I blazed through chest day, added 2 more exercises, and was still going strong. I tell you what RagNOrok is the real deal.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Good to hear you've gotten better and loving the RagNOrok! Nothing worse than a long cold/sinus infection keeping you out of the gym.

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I've been waking up with sniffles recently. Luckily, no full blown cold yet. Just trying to keep it curbed with mucinex and other goodies.

Glad you're still liking RagNOrok, orange.

orangewaldo

Awards
Another glorious workout this morning. This is the first time I have noticed the super pump that other loggers have mentioned. Massive arm day and I had to drop the last set of curls because it felt like my arms were going to explode. It may be due to the drugs im still on for my sinus infection which include mucinex and steroids. What has not changed is the focus and energy. Plenty of go power and still only need the amount of time it takes to add or drop weight in between sets. Still no crash after a workout.
Also went running with the dogs last night on half a scoop and found the first downside for me. Mixing Rag with a doggie bag of sinus infection drugs upsets my acid reflux when running. It HAS NOT (emphasis) caused any problems up to this point with my GERD so last night was surprising but worth noting for future users.

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for those details. Sometimes those can be really important to others. :D

orangewaldo

Awards
Attended my National Gaurd drill this weekend and it was range weekend. Those of you with military experience know that is a long long process that starts early and ends late. Couldnt work out until saturday night, so I went for broke. huge shoulder workout and I still had enough juice to go through a deadlift workout. ending with a near PR single lift of 405. Then I ran a mile. I would never have dreamed of doing that the other pre-workouts. It's rare for a product like RAG to come along that you can truly use for anything and just switch workouts in the middle. I LOVE this stuff, and you will too.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Great stuff with that near PR, sounds like you had a great workout. And much respect on being a member of the National Guard!

orangewaldo

Awards
One of the reasons I love RAG is MST has not added anything I would deem "suspect" I have used many products from many companies over the years and the military has told me there are things I can not take. A few companies have made products that outright hurt their users and killed them in one.
Taking a look at the RAG label shows tested ingredients used professionals. No kidney failure here.
Now on to a workout. Heavy chest workout yesterday, not a lot of exercises, but a whole lot of reps. Free weights for the win! 1 scoop and RAG still hits hard. I'll keep going back to the comparison of a big diesel truck. Takes longer to kick in for me than some other prodcuts, but I can count on the power curve staying maxed for at least 2 hours. I can't remember ever taking a product where I ran out of time before I ran out of enerygy EVERY WORKOUT. At this point , my body has adjusted and the tingles are not present any more, but the rush still is.

orangewaldo

Awards
Had to skip the workout yesterday. Drank most of my RAG on the way out of work only to take the kid to the hospital. This is where RAG not having a huge rush at the begining wasa big benefit. I was energized, believe you me but I didn't feel like raging against the machine.
Today was hug leg day though. PR's in every exercise, and there were more than a few. The torque curve was super strong today and I kept steaming through. on the downside, I saw the bottom of the container for the first time and it was sad. Only a few more entries to go then you will have the pleasure of reading my full review in all its glory.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
One of the reasons I love RAG is MST has not added anything I would deem "suspect"
This was what drew me to the MST product line years ago :) No gimmicks, no hidden or unknown/unproven substances, only contents that are tried and proven, just the plain truth.

orangewaldo

Awards
This was what drew me to the MST product line years ago :) No gimmicks, no hidden or unknown/unproven substances, only contents that are tried and proven, just the plain truth.
I looked at the labels of some other products that I have taken and realized that I am placing a large amount of trust in those chemists, truth be told, and that they wont kill me. Looking at MST products has revealed ingredients I can pronounce, and know where they came from. And the truth shall set you free.

Todays workout was a huge back day. I tried to go for a PR on deadlift, but that didn't seem like a good idea after leg day. I broke off the floor at 425 but didnt get past my shins. I was impressed that RAG gave me the ability to go back and take another swing at the barbell just 24 hours later. This stuff is legit! Still no crash. Just strong workouts, with great focus, and the will to go bigger at each exercise.

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
I looked at the labels of some other products that I have taken and realized that I am placing a large amount of trust in those chemists, truth be told, and that they wont kill me. Looking at MST products has revealed ingredients I can pronounce, and know where they came from. And the truth shall set you free.

Todays workout was a huge back day. I tried to go for a PR on deadlift, but that didn't seem like a good idea after leg day. I broke off the floor at 425 but didnt get past my shins. I was impressed that RAG gave me the ability to go back and take another swing at the barbell just 24 hours later. This stuff is legit! Still no crash. Just strong workouts, with great focus, and the will to go bigger at each exercise.
Love it

orangewaldo

Awards
Todays lunch hour was the last workout on MST's glorious trial with RagNOrok ELITE. There was a little over a scoop left so I just went for broke and poured it into the water jug. A glorious arm workout with some additional ab work thrown in because, hey abs! By now the usual suspects have risen to the top
1. No caffeine rush, but once it kicks in there's nothing you won't want to lift.
2. The tingles have gone away by now because I have adapted to it
3. Still going strong, NO crash!
4. I still love that tropical pinacoladawhateverelse flavor.

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
Great review, brotha. Thanks again for the log

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
All good things must come to an end :) Thanks again for the log and review

orangewaldo

Awards
So I used noxplode for a reference today... Complete weak sauce. I would have better off with 2 cups of coffee. OH Rag, how I miss thee.