Misfit28 focuses in on Cannibal Genius and DaVinci

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Genius1__72805.1407638685.1280.1280.jpg
DaVinci_Bottle_1__52492.1407638685.1280.1280.jpg

I was lucky enough to be chosen to log both of the nootropic powerhouses from Chaos & Pain, Cannibal Genius and Cannibal DaVinci!

I have read a lot about nootropics lately, as I have been losing focus quite often, and almost have a brain fog type effect at times. It makes me less productive, and not able to get **** done. I'm hoping these might help me out :D

I've read quite a bit about racetams and other focus enhancing ingredients lately, and I am stoked to give these a run!

I got my bottles last night, and just took my first doses together on an empty stomach at about 9:12AM, except for some coffee with coconut oil and some CreXcel ;)

I did my final deload workout of the week this morning, and trained on 2 scoops of Stimino this morning.

Here are the product labels, with DaVinci on the left and Genius on the right:

davnici.png
genius.png

In preparation for this log, I have done a baseline test on Quantified Mind. I'm hoping that this will supplement my personal observations while using this product.

As I type this, I feel a strange pinpoint focus creeping in. It's actually really nice. Can't wait for it to fully kick in :)

I'm about to do another round of Quantified Mind to see if anything has changed yet. It will be really interesting to see the results.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Subbed

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm so sorry for the lack of updates lately! Work and life have been a bit busy lately.

I will give you guys an update tomorrow around lunch, maybe tonight if I get a chance.

I have had a chance to take Genius first, followed by DaVinci later in the day, but I prefer them both together, I believe.

The busy nature of the last few days at work have put both of these products to the test, and I must say I am impressed so far.

Do the effects build with these over time?

As I said, I will have a more detailed experience to relate soon! Thanks for hanging in there for me :)

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Excited to hear progress

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
In for this one!

Let's do this!!!

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So far, so good with these two products. I have tried both together, Genius first and then DaVinci, empty stomach and with food. I haven't tried Genius pre workout yet. It says on the bottle not to use DaVinci pre workout, as you might be too calm to really smash the weights.

So far, my best results are both of them together, fasted with some caffeine. Right now I'm using CL Stimino at 2 scoops on my rest days in the morning with DaVinci and Genius. I can really feel the focus kick in! Over the weekend, I took both with Stimino and got a lot done, including a little leisure reading while I was doing some chores around the house :)

I need to run my Quantified Mind test now, to see if there is a difference :)

I have noticed I am much faster typing and coming up with something to say in conversations and/or email.

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
So far, so good with these two products. I have tried both together, Genius first and then DaVinci, empty stomach and with food. I haven't tried Genius pre workout yet. It says on the bottle not to use DaVinci pre workout, as you might be too calm to really smash the weights.

So far, my best results are both of them together, fasted with some caffeine. Right now I'm using CL Stimino at 2 scoops on my rest days in the morning with DaVinci and Genius. I can really feel the focus kick in! Over the weekend, I took both with Stimino and got a lot done, including a little leisure reading while I was doing some chores around the house :)

I need to run my Quantified Mind test now, to see if there is a difference :)

I have noticed I am much faster typing and coming up with something to say in conversations and/or email.
I'm interested in the results of your test

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm interested in the results of your test
I just did the test, at a slightly different time than I did last time.

Here are the results:

C & P DaVinci and Genius testing.jpg

Interestingly, I did markedly better on sorting, slightly lower on finger tapping, and better on design copy. I also was a good bit better on reaction time. However, I had a lower score on coding. I also had a better score at the visual backward digit span test.

I'm really interested to see if these improve over time. I will attempt to do some more before and after tests, most likely on my rest days, like today. I got a later start than normal today.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed. Sorry been injured. Upside. ..I finally curled 70s! Buhahaha!

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Glad to have you! Hope the injury isn't too bad.

Curling 70s, huh? :eek:
Jesus. I could do it, butttttttt the form would be ****ed up lol

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Hehe, same here!

Maybe one day :D
I won't lie though I can do 50's with pretty good form. If I drop down to 35 it's so I can really maximize that pump.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I really didn't start doing curls until pretty recently. Probably why I only have 15" arms, LOL.

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
I really didn't start doing curls until pretty recently. Probably why I only have 15" arms, LOL.
Haha it happens!

I power lifted for years, now it's building.
Ahh too be young again.

JK

I am young!!!

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, I did a lot of hypertrophy work while I was on Osta. Now back to heavy and low rep stuff.

I'll be 40 in March :eek:

I'll keep lifting as heavy as I can as long as I can ;)

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Quick update:

I waited until after breakfast but before lunch to dose both Genius and Davinci, and am liking the effects. Had a conference call and was very focused and keyed in :)

I also seemed to be more verbally fluid.

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Quick update:

I waited until after breakfast but before lunch to dose both Genius and Davinci, and am liking the effects. Had a conference call and was very focused and keyed in :)

I also seemed to be more verbally fluid.
Love that it's working.

I have ADD. For real.

Might have to try this and see how it works.

Hey pyrobatt can you take this stuff on cycle?

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Love that it's working.

I have ADD. For real.

Might have to try this and see how it works.

Hey pyrobatt can you take this stuff on cycle?
Me too! It's quite awesome so far.

It's kinda odd, though. Sometimes I don't notice the effects as much, and other times it hits really hard and is quite noticeable.

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Me too! It's quite awesome so far.

It's kinda odd, though. Sometimes I don't notice the effects as much, and other times it hits really hard and is quite noticeable.
Look at your diet on that one.

Empty stomach = intensified results.

And so on.

Atleast this has been my personal experience.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Look at your diet on that one.

Empty stomach = intensified results.

And so on.

Atleast this has been my personal experience.
That's usually the case for me, but oddly enough it hit me pretty hard today when I took it between meals on a semi-empty stomach. Sometimes on an empty I haven't felt it!

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
That's usually the case for me, but oddly enough it hit me pretty hard today when I took it between meals on a semi-empty stomach. Sometimes on an empty I haven't felt it!
Hmmmm. What did you eat?

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hmmmm. What did you eat?
This morning I had greek yogurt, a PB & J sandwich, 1.5 cups oats with cinnamon and coconut oil and a banana. That was at about 9 AM. I took my supps at about 10:45 AM.

I have heard that racetams are better absorbed with fats, so maybe that's it.

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
This morning I had greek yogurt, a PB & J sandwich, 1.5 cups oats with cinnamon and coconut oil and a banana.

I have heard that racetams are better absorbed with fats, so maybe that's it.
Yah that could definitely be a possibility. How long after you meal did you ingest it?

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
yes!

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh and SUBBED!

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So sorry for the lack of updates in here, I've been ridiculously busy lately!

I've been dosing both DaVinci and Genius about the same time every day. I am really enjoying the focus aspects of both products. I take them solo if an activity warrants. Today I took Genius preworkout with 1 scoop of Max Out. I honestly didn;'t like it too muchm, and my focus was not much better than without. In fact, I think it increased blood flow to my head a little too muchy, as I got a bit of a headache while Squatting. I think I'll stick with post workout dosing from now on :)

I will also be doing more Quantified Mind tests in the future :)

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
So sorry for the lack of updates in here, I've been ridiculously busy lately!

I've been dosing both DaVinci and Genius about the same time every day. I am really enjoying the focus aspects of both products. I take them solo if an activity warrants. Today I took Genius preworkout with 1 scoop of Max Out. I honestly didn;'t like it too muchm, and my focus was not much better than without. In fact, I think it increased blood flow to my head a little too muchy, as I got a bit of a headache while Squatting. I think I'll stick with post workout dosing from now on :)

I will also be doing more Quantified Mind tests in the future :)
Do it!!!

Side note... I am ****ing sore today. Lol.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I want to sincerely apologize for the lack of updates in this log so far!

I'm still enjoying both products every day. I don't take it preworkout, as I felt it made my head hurt too much.

I'm not noticing as many acute effects any more, but I feel like I am getting some residual chronic effects from doing it every day. I feel more fluid in my thought processes, and my ability to use the correct word at the correct time seems to be enhanced. I also feel more calm.

I will do another Quantified Mind test on Wednesday to see if there is any more change.

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So far I am loving this nootropic stack. I think taking the two supps separated by a little bit of time makes them each more effective.

I once again apologize for the sporadic updates, and hope to post more regularly starting next week. I still have quite a bit of both left, especially the Genius, as it is a 2 cap per day dose with 90 caps in the bottle.

I am much more fluid in my language abilities, and end up being more logical about decisions. This results in me being much more decisive and less unsure. I'm not sure if this is a common result or not, but i like it :)

I missed my Quantified Mind test on Wednesday, so hopefully will do it again next week.

BTW, so far I have enjoyed dosing these supps on an empty stomach with a cup of coffee with added coconut oil :)

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
So far I am loving this nootropic stack. I think taking the two supps separated by a little bit of time makes them each more effective.

I once again apologize for the sporadic updates, and hope to post more regularly starting next week. I still have quite a bit of both left, especially the Genius, as it is a 2 cap per day dose with 90 caps in the bottle.

I am much more fluid in my language abilities, and end up being more logical about decisions. This results in me being much more decisive and less unsure. I'm not sure if this is a common result or not, but i like it :)

I missed my Quantified Mind test on Wednesday, so hopefully will do it again next week.

BTW, so far I have enjoyed dosing these supps on an empty stomach with a cup of coffee with added coconut oil :)
Hell yeah, get those fats!

Are nootropics fat soluable?

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hell yeah, get those fats! Are nootropics fat soluable?
Yes, I believe they are. I have read conflicting information about consuming them on an empty stomach and with a fat source. I seem to get better results fasted with just a fat source like coconut oil in my coffee.

I'll be giving more regular updates this next week, but I am really impressed with the cognitive enhancement that I have seen so far.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes, I believe they are. I have read conflicting information about consuming them on an empty stomach and with a fat source. I seem to get better results fasted with just a fat source like coconut oil in my coffee.

I'll be giving more regular updates this next week, but I am really impressed with the cognitive enhancement that I have seen so far.
I would avoid calcium. Fats are fine. Although. ..empty stomach is my fav!

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Absolutely! I've experimented a couple of different ways, and empty with just the coconut oil in coffee is the best way for me.

As I said before, the effects of these supps are actually kinda subtle. I just noticed myself being a bit more fluid in conversations and e-mail. Very interesting!

On workout days I take them a little later, after my post-workout meal.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I totally forgot to include my current training routine! I just started the second cycle of this program from a friend of mine:

Workout routine.jpg

I know it's small, but basically lots of low rep heavy paused and unpaused lifts with accessories :)

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Having some mixed results with these, but I think I may be coming down with a cold. That definitely plays a role.

TBH, not having much difference with DaVinci. Then again, I am so busy with work and the kid (and trying to get another part time job), that I have little time for creative pursuits.

I find that Genius basically helps me get **** done. It gives me a clarity to cut through the BS and do what needs to be done. It doesn't make me aggressive, just more clear headed and logical. The most success so far with Genius has been dosing it on an empty stomach with coffee and coconut oil alone.

I feel like this log has been sporadic. I am still lifting four days a week, but don't use either supp pre-workout.

I am determined to dose it tomorrow on my rest day and do another quantified mind test after coffee/coconut oil and see what happens.

As I said before, I believe the effects of both of these supps to be more subtle than super noticeable.

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Having some mixed results with these, but I think I may be coming down with a cold. That definitely plays a role.

TBH, not having much difference with DaVinci. Then again, I am so busy with work and the kid (and trying to get another part time job), that I have little time for creative pursuits.

I find that Genius basically helps me get **** done. It gives me a clarity to cut through the BS and do what needs to be done. It doesn't make me aggressive, just more clear headed and logical. The most success so far with Genius has been dosing it on an empty stomach with coffee and coconut oil alone.

I feel like this log has been sporadic. I am still lifting four days a week, but don't use either supp pre-workout.

I am determined to dose it tomorrow on my rest day and do another quantified mind test after coffee/coconut oil and see what happens.

As I said before, I believe the effects of both of these supps to be more subtle than super noticeable.
**** colds. I had one forever earlier this month.

**** sucks.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agreed, I hate them. Seems like I'm just about out of the woods with this one, thankfully!

Focus is still pretty good after dosing Genius, I have a few days of DaVinci left (30 serving bottle), as I don't take DaVinci every day like I do Genius. Genius still has quite a few doses, as it is a 45 serving bottle.

I have been swamped with work, and didn't even hit the gym yesterday. Hit it this morning for heavy Deadlifts and some Volume Bench.

DL:

135 X 5
225 X 5
275 X 3
315 X 3
350 X 1
325 X 6 X 2

Bench:

45 X 5
95 X 5
115 X 5
135 X 5
155 X 3
180 X 1
175 X 3 X 2
165 X 3 X 6
160 X 4
155 X 2
155 X 4
155 X 4

Bench felt weak today. I was supposed to do 165 for 6 sets of 6, and had to drop down a lot. Only got 4 reps on the lower weights :(

It's OK, everyone has off days ;)

More thoughts later today :)

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Agreed, I hate them. Seems like I'm just about out of the woods with this one, thankfully!

Focus is still pretty good after dosing Genius, I have a few days of DaVinci left (30 serving bottle), as I don't take DaVinci every day like I do Genius. Genius still has quite a few doses, as it is a 45 serving bottle.

I have been swamped with work, and didn't even hit the gym yesterday. Hit it this morning for heavy Deadlifts and some Volume Bench.

DL:

135 X 5
225 X 5
275 X 3
315 X 3
350 X 1
325 X 6 X 2

Bench:

45 X 5
95 X 5
115 X 5
135 X 5
155 X 3
180 X 1
175 X 3 X 2
165 X 3 X 6
160 X 4
155 X 2
155 X 4
155 X 4

Bench felt weak today. I was supposed to do 165 for 6 sets of 6, and had to drop down a lot. Only got 4 reps on the lower weights :(

It's OK, everyone has off days ;)

More thoughts later today :)
Yes, everyone has off days.

I'm about to have all on days if this G8 keeps working like it does.

It's been years since I actually woke up with energy.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes, everyone has off days.

I'm about to have all on days if this G8 keeps working like it does.

It's been years since I actually woke up with energy.
Awesome! I've been wondering how well that stuff works. I need to pick some up :)

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So, I am down to my last dose of DaVinci today. I still have a few more doses of Genius left.

I still have been enjoying Genius much more than DaVinci. I may be able to tell better after I have finished them both, but so far I definitely get the most effect from Genius.

As I said before, though, I have not been engaged in many creative endeavors lately. I have noticed over the time of this log that my verbal fluidity is markedly improved, and I am better able to articulate my thoughts. I think the Noopept may be more responsible for this. and I think it gets better with chronic use.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hit an all-time PR on DL today, powered by Genius and a scoop of Presurge.

Happy Halloween all! Off to IHOP now :D

Genius really zeroed in my focus. Only lifting three years in November. Previous PR was 360 when I was heavier. Hit 385 today, after heavy squats yesterday, unfortunately 405 wouldn't budge. My quads and glutes were still sore from yesterday, so I think 405 is attainable.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
OK, guys. I finished both bottles off (Genius lasted a bit longer) and took two weeks off to provide a more detailed review of the effects before and after.

Here is my review. I am rating these supps on the following: Focus, Memory/Recall. and Mood. I purposely left out Creativity, as I felt it wouldn't be fair. I honestly haven't been creative in a long time, and don't have much time for creative pursuits :(

Here are my ratings:

Genius

Focus: 8/10

Memory/Recall: 8/10

Mood: 9/10

DaVinci

Focus: 7/10

Mood: 8/10

I feel that Genius was the most effective of the two for me, from an acute use perspective. Both have subtle effects as well, and I enjoyed them both, but Genius was the only one I managed to use pre-workout. It gave me a really good zoned-in focus that let me get my work done in the gym. I have had some great preworkouts that also helped me out with this. My mood seemed to be noticeable better while on both of them, and my verbal fluency was markedly improved. In fact, even almost two weeks later, I feel more fluid in conversations and intellectual activities. I also seem to be able to recall things more easily as well. Both of these also had a calming effect on me as well, leading to a more rational thought process in almost any situation. Even my wife has commented on how even-keeled my mood has been lately, LOL.

I took both solo, and definitely noticed more acute effects from Genius. This was my first true foray into the nootropic world (i.e. racetams), besides things like ALCAR and other stimulants found in various preworkouts. I will absolutely be looking at more racetams in the future due to my experiences with these products. I will most likely pick up a bottle of Genius in the future, although I am not 100% sure about getting more DaVinci until I am able to devote more time to creative pursuits.

In closing, I think that the NooPept in Genius was the one most responsible for the effects that I noticed while taking these supplements. I apologize for the lack of updates lately, I have had a few issues with myself and my son that kept me from logging as much as I normally do. I will post a review on both products very shortly.

Thanks to pyrobatt and the C & P team for giving me the opportunity to try both of these products!

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Posted my review for Genius, but it seems that DaVinci is not up yet.

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
OK, guys. I finished both bottles off (Genius lasted a bit longer) and took two weeks off to provide a more detailed review of the effects before and after.

Here is my review. I am rating these supps on the following: Focus, Memory/Recall. and Mood. I purposely left out Creativity, as I felt it wouldn't be fair. I honestly haven't been creative in a long time, and don't have much time for creative pursuits :(

Here are my ratings:

Genius

Focus: 8/10

Mood: 9/10

DaVinci

Focus: 7/10

Mood: 8/10

I feel that Genius was the most effective of the two for me, from an acute use perspective. Both have subtle effects as well, and I enjoyed them both, but Genius was the only one I managed to use pre-workout. It gave me a really good zoned-in focus that let me get my work done in the gym. I have had some great preworkouts that also helped me out with this. My mood seemed to be noticeable better while on both of them, and my verbal fluency was markedly improved. In fact, even almost two weeks later, I feel more fluid in conversations and intellectual activities. I also seem to be able to recall things more easily as well. Both of these also had a calming effect on me as well, leading to a more rational thought process in almost any situation. Even my wife has commented on how even-keeled my mood has been lately, LOL.

I took both solo, and definitely noticed more acute effects from Genius. This was my first true foray into the nootropic world (i.e. racetams), besides things like ALCAR and other stimulants found in various preworkouts. I will absolutely be looking at more racetams in the future due to my experiences with these products. I will most likely pick up a bottle of Genius in the future, although I am not 100% sure about getting more DaVinci until I am able to devote more time to creative pursuits.

In closing, I think that the NooPept in Genius was the one most responsible for the effects that I noticed while taking these supplements. I apologize for the lack of updates lately, I have had a few issues with myself and my son that kept me from logging as much as I normally do. I will post a review on both products very shortly.

Thanks to pyrobatt and the C & P team for giving me the opportunity to try both of these products!
Nice review!

May need to check out these products as an alternative to my ADD medication.