LG science EPIC powder log

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
Hey guys been a longgggg time since ive done a log so bear with me.

So I got a tub of LGs new revised preworkout EPIC

Serving Size: 2scoops (To the fill line) – 8g
Servings Per Container : 40
Active% DV : 13500mg%
Propriety Blend
Creatine Monohydrate
Glycine
Taurine
BCAA 2:1:1
L-Alanine
Beta Alanine
D-Aspartic Acid
Caffine
Bitter Orange
Hordinine
Corynanthidine

Glycine and Alanine are cool addiditions plus your BCAAs you got 4 stims the bottom 4 ingredients, Creatine beta alanine DAA I could care less about and in a 6g active prop blend theres no way your getting a high enough dose of any of those so to me they are irrelevant in this case however still a nice looking preworkout for stimulants and muscle protein synthesis or breakdon prevention nutrient uptake. and depending on dose of alanine can be beneficial for stable blood glucose levels I believe

SO day one. LIttle back story my wife just got new job so she has training about 5 hours away for 13 weeks one week training one week back home on job.SO this week shes at training so I went with her since I work from home as online nutrition and fitness coach. So long drive yesterday and the dog was up all night so 4am came fast I started with 3 scoops (1.5servings)

I cant say anything about taste I mix a bunch of stuff in there ill wirte my pre/intra workout concoctions below but 3 scoops seemed to deliver as far as stims and pumps go. Ran out of time in gym defintlty could have kep going but wife had to get ready for work

preworkout
15g EAAs
10g BCAAs
3 scoops EPIC
35g vitargo
30g malto
40g Gatorade powder (dextrose)

intra workout
10g EAAs
5g BCAAs
10g glutamine
35g vitargo
30g malto
40g Gatorade powder (dextrose)

was a back day dealing with injury and just coming off a show 2 weeks ago the strength and intensity are just coming back just couldn't pull deadifts today from nagging injury

500km Row
wide pull downs 4 sets
long fabric handles pulldowns 4 sets
smith bent over rows 4 sets
t bar rows 4 sets
sigle arm cable rows 4 sets
face pulls 4 sets
lat press downs 4 sets
reverse pec dec flys 4 sets

75 min total

OVerall good first experience with Epic ill probably only dose 1 serving tomorrow and maybe take a sip solo just for flavor experiment LOL

8-14b resized.jpg

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
In and off to a great start!! Back looks great!

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
In and off to a great start!! Back looks great!
thank you ive been working on back detail pretty hard lately as a physique competitor its hard to show off musculature in our poses we cant all out flex and the poses don't allow for it anyway so ive been working on bringing up muscles that will give back some detail while relaxed longggggg way to go.

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
different view and highlighted muscles here also mostly relaxed or, i guess comfortably flexed would be better statement

Attachments

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You have a lot of definition! Your lat spread/taper are fantastic!!! How did you do in your show?

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
You have a lot of definition! Your lat spread/taper are fantastic!!! How did you do in your show?
I did Team Universe and North Americans this year didn't place very well I don't have the size to compete at national level im supposed to do 2 more phoenix Europa and Miami Nats but ill probably take the rest of the year off and just grow. Last year I did 5 shows so I think that kinda hurt me for this year. NOt a long enough offseason to improve much and too much dieting my metabolism suffered im sure so it was harder to get into condition this year. Ill get some stage pics up I nailed conditioning just don't have size required for National level shows Ive done 3 national shows and its been the same each time ill do great at regional NQs but come Nats I just need to bring up some lacking parts.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Wow! 5 shows? That's amazing! Just being able to have the conditioning to step on stage that many times says a lot!! Yes, very taxing on the body and metabolism!! I'm sure with a year off to put on size- you'll come back and rock the stage!!!

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
Wow! 5 shows? That's amazing! Just being able to have the conditioning to step on stage that many times says a lot!! Yes, very taxing on the body and metabolism!! I'm sure with a year off to put on size- you'll come back and rock the stage!!!
Ya ive done 2 this year already both national level shows I think im done I know my wife is done with "prep matt" LOL

day 2 chest day
took 3 scoops again (1.5 servings) I told myself yesterday I only need 2 but I did 3 anyway and its completely unnecessary plus with the yohimbine you guys call it something weird though im pretty sdensitive to it so I should back off anyway. Stim wise 1serving is plenty so will defintly try that tomorrow see if its not too much yohimbine because it messes with my stomach a little and I cant eat for awhile after taking it

Chest day
smith incline tempo sets 4 sec negatives full one second pause then right up no lockout constant tension
Flat bench ( I never flat barbell bench but there is zero machines at the gym im at this week
slight incline DB twist press
pec dec flys
lowish cable flys
rope press downs superset with dips

killer pump the smith tempo sets really started things off nicely

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
so two days in a row of 2 scoops (one serving) that seems to be my sweet spot. Much more comfortable still plenty of stim

yesterday was leg day dealing with back issues sucks so couldn't go as heavy as id like so just did some time under tension stuff

today was shouolders and probably the best workout ive had since my show about 3 weeks ago

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ya ive done 2 this year already both national level shows I think im done I know my wife is done with "prep matt" LOL
Haha that's one thing I fear putting my hubby through! Or maybe it's the crap he will say/do to pick on me! Lol

Back problems are rough...glad you were able to work with TUT though!!

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
frday arms
saturday legs round two. i hit legs twice a week once heavy once lighter with high TUT.

2 scoops (one serving) is definitly where its at for me.

also off subject but finally hit long term goal of iver 225 pounds with abs not as lean as id like to be but ill take it

Attachments

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In for this. Welcome back to logging Matt. What brought you back out?

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Awesome! Congrats on hitting the goal! I think you look great!!

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
In for this. Welcome back to logging Matt. What brought you back out?
hey man,
Work from home I do coaching fulltime now www.bossbody.net so im on the computer all day logging helps me stay focused since comp season for me is over.

Awesome! Congrats on hitting the goal! I think you look great!!
thank you a lil puffier then id like to be but still happy where im at

STill 2 scoops doing the trick today was leg I added an extra scoop to my intra drink wich really seemed to help keep me powered through my workout. Im finally getting my strength back and almost fully recovered from the 2 shows this year things are going to be getting fun soon once im 100% and add In some goodies to really help bulk

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
i did same protocol today 2 scoops with my pre cocktail and 1 with my intra thats the winner for me it allows me keep high intensity for 75-90 minute workouts. Ill be stickinh with this route im also going to have my wife (docbrown on here) try some shes a junkie high stim tolerance even nore then me and i weiigh 75 pounds more. But she likes high stims pres like stimaholic, crackhead and og marinade

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Lol I love it! I think she will enjoy it as well!!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Would love to see Doc in here too. She recently had or has a comp, right?

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
Would love to see Doc in here too. She recently had or has a comp, right?
she was about 12 weeks out but we had had to move we moved from alaska to texas so that changed things

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
still doing same protocol works great one serving pre 1/2 intra works perfect everytime. Leg day i do 1/2 and 1/2 i dont like too many stims on leg day wich is wednesday and saturday. Rene (docbrown) has been using it also shes really liking it says its very comfortable energy boost not overwhelming just enough to get the job done

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That's a big move!!...smart to add 1/2 a dose intra workout!! Might have to try that! Glad you both are enjoying it!

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'd like to see what you think of 3 servings just to see if that is too much for you. Did you try it yet? I have done 2.5 but not 3... Your back is looking good by the way...I hate you genetic freaks, my build is for carrying kids across the tundra not competing in bodybuilding. Genetic freak for year 4000 BC...that's me

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
I'd like to see what you think of 3 servings just to see if that is too much for you. Did you try it yet? I have done 2.5 but not 3... Your back is looking good by the way...I hate you genetic freaks, my build is for carrying kids across the tundra not competing in bodybuilding. Genetic freak for year 4000 BC...that's me
haha caveman look lol.

i havent done more then 1.5 at a time 2 total but thats over a 2 hour period im quite sure it would be too much for me. ill try 2 servings pre and 1 intra tomorow since theres no time limit on my workout its hack squat hell day. heres an action shot from today killer shoulder pump. do u guys want detailed workouts? i can definitly do that i just feel like no one reads them and just wants to see product info but anything i can do to improve this review for you im more then willing

Attachments

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
so did the double serving pre and extra intra and it was really awesome. crushed my leg workout was not uncomfortable at all like most of the time when i take high stims espexially leg day and high stims.

Dont remember excat amounts of sets and reps but
leg extensions and curls warm up
hack squat 2 sets of 20 warm up then wprked up 5 plates a side and drop setted that on the second set of 5 plates a side
Leg press worked up to 11 plates a side and drop setted all the way dkwm 1 at a time. when i got to three i dropped to 1 a side and single legs back and forth no rest
walkimg lunges till failure 3 sets
some hangstring stuff standing single leg stiff leg deads seated curls
i did calf stuff between each set too
could have kept going but wifr was done for like 30 minutes before she finally said hey wrap it up lol. Im running low on this im so inpressed ill need to pick up more maybe run an LG stack been awhile since ive ran a whole LG stack. So that may happen since its offseason and i can just have fun

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Haha love it! Sounds like the epic really had you on fire!! I definitely agree that it's not a bad stim effect! Nice clean energy that lasts!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
How are things going?

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
How are things going?
thinhs are great i messed up left town for a week and forgot this grabbed the wrong bottle (i wont name) but was previously one of my favorites but now this stuff really is i wonder how the liquid compares. But ya tge other brand was too uncomfortable stimwise compared and mega crash eich didnt happen before but with epic i dont get that its really a nice smooth steady energy. havent checked price yet but ill be picking some up becuase its so comfortable. I feel like if i mixed it with a pump product like Xcels Kreapump this woulld be hands down amazing

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
max dose leg day again this happened x10 then drop set one plate a side all the waybdown to single plate per side at that point switched to single leg back and forth until basically was crippled i need a wheelchair

Attachments

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Gotta hate leaving town and forgetting things!! I've done that before! I agree about the clean energy! Way to go on the drop set!! Those are always fun--until you try to get up! Lol

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Any final thoughts on the Epic?

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
Any final thoughts on the Epic?
yes i need to order more lol stuff rocks i miss it, ill write a full review here and in reviews section shortly

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
yes i need to order more lol stuff rocks i miss it, ill write a full review here and in reviews section shortly
Haha Glad you enjoyed it! That would be great! Thank you!