label is nice and shiny

didn't have to dig for the scoop

mixed 2 scoop with 8oz of water

chzcake01

Awards
  • Established
About Me:
33 years old, 5'6, 160lbs.

I lift 3 days a week using a basic split (legs/shoulders, back/triceps, chest/biceps) with each session lasting around 50-70 minutes. I do 40-60 minutes of cardio 2-3 days a week.

I use myfitnesspal to track my calories. My TDEE is around 2350-2400 calories and I usually eat 1800-2200 calories per day.

I've been alternating between san fierce domination and CL white flood reborn for a while now. I used LG anadraulic state gt in the past which tasted terrible but was very effective. I'll compare Epic to these 3.

9/13:

Took 1 serving (2 scoops) half an hour before going to the gym. Initial impressions:

Taste- 9/10, tastes exactly like italian lemon ice, not overly tart, pretty enjoyable
Mix- 8.5/10, little bits settled at the bottom but nothing major
Energy- 4/10, usually 200-250mg of caffeine is the sweet spot for me and it feels like there's probably half that in 1 serving
Focus- 4/10, didn't get the "tunnel vision" or "laser focus" that I get from my usual preworkout supps
Pump- 1/10, don't think this is advertised as giving major pumps, so i'll probably leave this part out in the future
Endurance- 7/10, only category where I think it's comparable to the other preworkouts I use
Strength- 7/10, able to do a few more reps and/or increased the weight on most lifts

Felt BA tingles but no rush of energy or that feeling where you want to go destroy the weights. Worked out back/triceps today. Overall a decent workout today.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
In! :) Very good feedback!

chzcake01

Awards
  • Established
9/14:
took 1 serving this morning and worked out legs/shoulders.
had a pretty good workout today. on most lifts I was able to squeeze out a few more reps than usual and/or did an extra set.
So far I think Epic aids in strength and endurance but the lack of energy/focus is annoying. I might go for 1.5 servings next time.

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Also, you can feel free to adjust the dose up to 3 servings. No one typically runs a single serving of any preworkout.

chzcake01

Awards
  • Established
9/15: rest day, didn't take epic
9/16: cardio day (60 minutes), didn't take epic
9/17: upped it to 3 scoops (1.5 servings), worked out chest/biceps and felt really good throughout (65 minutes). i'd probably bump both energy and focus to 6/10. at this dosage it's comparable to fierce domination. will try 4 scoops (2 servings) next time.

chzcake01

Awards
  • Established
9/18: rest day
9/19: cardio day (50 minutes)
9/20: worked out back/triceps. took 4 scoops of epic today and it was too much. gonna stick w/3. got through the workout but halfway through I felt like throwing-up and light headed.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
9/18: rest day 9/19: cardio day (50 minutes) 9/20: worked out back/triceps. took 4 scoops of epic today and it was too much. gonna stick w/3. got through the workout but halfway through I felt like throwing-up and light headed.
Ooo not good!! Definitely don't want you getting sick unless it's just from training intensity! ;) Hope the 3 scoops is going better for you

chzcake01

Awards
  • Established
9/21: rest day
9/22: cardio day (65 minutes)
9/23: legs/shoulders. took 3 scoops and it's looking like that's the sweet spot for me. energy is nice and smooth. again epic really helps with strength and endurance; for almost every exercise i'm upping the weight and doing 2-5 extra reps.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Love it!!! That seems to be what I'm hearing the most- increased strength!! Glad you're finding your sweet spot! 3 is perfect for me as well!

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, you have to find your sweet spot. Mine is 3 scoops (1.5 servings).

chzcake01

Awards
  • Established
9/24-9/26: rest days, wasn't feeling well
9/27: cardio (35 minutes)
9/28: chest/bicep workout. took 3 scoops of epic before walking to the gym. smooth, long lasting energy got me through a solid workout (55 minutes). I've been eating under my TDEE (roughly 15%) for a while now and it's nice that my lifts haven't gone down. A lot of my lifts have actually increased; not significantly but still worth noting.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
9/24-9/26: rest days, wasn't feeling well 9/27: cardio (35 minutes) 9/28: chest/bicep workout. took 3 scoops of epic before walking to the gym. smooth, long lasting energy got me through a solid workout (55 minutes). I've been eating under my TDEE (roughly 15%) for a while now and it's nice that my lifts haven't gone down. A lot of my lifts have actually increased; not significantly but still worth noting.
Glad you're feeling better! That is definitely great that strength has not gone down and even increased!

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Give us an update on your sweet spot on dosing. Try 3 scoops and see what you think of that! Too much for you? ;)

chzcake01

Awards
  • Established
Glad you're feeling better! That is definitely great that strength has not gone down and even increased!
Thanks, the weather is changing so people are starting to cough/sneeze/etc.

9/29: rest day
9/30: cardio (45min)
10/1: back/tricep. took 3 scoops again and blasted through my workout (see below) with lots of energy to spare. felt more focused today but still not much in terms of pump. I'm going to stick w/3 scoops for the rest of the log.

Deadlift: 6x5
Chin-up: 3x10
Seated close grip row: 3x8
Seated wide bar row: 2x10
Reverse grip bb row: 3x8
Single arm db row: 3x12

tricep pushdown: 4x8
db overhead extension: 3x8
Skullcrusher: 3x8
cable reverse curl: 3x12

chzcake01

Awards
  • Established
Give us an update on your sweet spot on dosing. Try 3 scoops and see what you think of that! Too much for you? ;)
I've been using 3 scoops last few workouts. Seems like that's the sweet spot for me.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks, the weather is changing so people are starting to cough/sneeze/etc. 9/29: rest day 9/30: cardio (45min) 10/1: back/tricep. took 3 scoops again and blasted through my workout (see below) with lots of energy to spare. felt more focused today but still not much in terms of pump. I'm going to stick w/3 scoops for the rest of the log. Deadlift: 6x5 Chin-up: 3x10 Seated close grip row: 3x8 Seated wide bar row: 2x10 Reverse grip bb row: 3x8 Single arm db row: 3x12 tricep pushdown: 4x8 db overhead extension: 3x8 Skullcrusher: 3x8 cable reverse curl: 3x12
Ahh yes! We've got a lot of that going around here as well! Extra energy is awesome!! Great work!!

chzcake01

Awards
  • Established
10/2: rest day
10/3: cardio (30 minutes)
10/4: leg/shouder day: took 3 scoops and had another great workout. energy is smooth and steady w/no crash. again i'm really impressed that my lifts are going up while i'm at a caloric deficit.

squat: 4x8
leg press: 3x10
hamstring curl: 4x10
calf raise machine: 4x12

seated military press: 4x8
upright row: 3x10
side cable raise: 3x10
rear delt fly: 3x12
barbell shrug: 4x10

chzcake01

Awards
  • Established
10/8: took 3 scoops. been a while since i've worked out chest/bicep, felt really strong today.

flat bench db press: 4x8
machine incline press: 3x8
decline bb press: 3x10
db incline fly: 3x12

bb curl: 4x10
db hammer curl: 3x10

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
How are things going?

chzcake01

Awards
  • Established
10/9: rest day
10/10: rest day- needed an extra day off because of doms, haven't had them this bad in a long time
10/11: cardio day (45 minutes)
10/12: back/tricep day, took 3 scoops, pretty good workout, epic has really helped with reducing rest time between sets and squeezing out extra reps for each lift.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
10/9: rest day
10/10: rest day- needed an extra day off because of doms, haven't had them this bad in a long time
10/11: cardio day (45 minutes)
10/12: back/tricep day, took 3 scoops, pretty good workout, epic has really helped with reducing rest time between sets and squeezing out extra reps for each lift.
Good feedback bud... do you dose pre cardio?

chzcake01

Awards
  • Established
10/13: rest day
10/14: cardio- 30 minutes
10/15: legs/shoulders, woke up feeling tired so i took 3.5 scoops and it was exactly what i needed

squat: 3x10
leg press: 3x8
hamstring curl: 3x10
seated calf raise: 3x15

seated military press: 4x10
side cable raise: 3x8
barbell shrug: 3x10

energy/endurance/focus were all high, strength kinda flat-lined this week probably because i've been under TDEE for so long.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Love that the Epic gives that boost of energy you need on days when energy is just not there!!

LGSciences

Awards
10/13: rest day
10/14: cardio- 30 minutes
10/15: legs/shoulders, woke up feeling tired so i took 3.5 scoops and it was exactly what i needed

squat: 3x10
leg press: 3x8
hamstring curl: 3x10
seated calf raise: 3x15

seated military press: 4x10
side cable raise: 3x8
barbell shrug: 3x10

energy/endurance/focus were all high, strength kinda flat-lined this week probably because i've been under TDEE for so long.
So what did you end up thinking overall? Was three scoops was your limit?

chzcake01

Awards
  • Established
So what did you end up thinking overall? Was three scoops was your limit?
3.5 scoops for last couple workouts. i'll post final review soon.

10/16: rest
10/17: rest- needed an extra day off
10/18: cardio- 25 minutes
10/19: chest/bicep workout. great workout thanks to the extra day off and increased calories this week (+300 per day).

chzcake01

Awards
  • Established
10/20: rest
10/21: cardio- 35 minutes
10/22: back/tricep workout, solid workout, energy/focus/endurance/strength were all high, was able to do extra reps on almost all lifts, plenty of energy and didn't want to leave the gym

Deadlift: 5x5
Chin-up: 3x10
Seated close grip row: 3x10
Seated wide bar row: 2x12
Reverse grip bb row: 3x8
Single arm db row: 3x12

tricep pushdown: 4x10
db overhead extension: 4x10
Skullcrusher: 3x8

chzcake01

Awards
  • Established
Final Review:

Taste- 10/10, went from liking this flavor to loving it, good balance of tart and sweet
Mix- 8/10, there was some settling at the bottom, if you drink it fast then it's not a problem, if you sip it slowly then it might bother you
Energy- 1 serving= 4/10, 1.5 serving= 7/10, smooth and long lasting energy, again could use more "kick"
Focus- 1 serving= 4/10, 1.5 serving= 7/10, just decent here
Endurance- 1 serving= 7/10, 1.5 serving= 9/10, noticeable decrease in rest time
Strength- 1 serving= 7/10, 1.5= 8/10, able to do a few more reps and/or increased the weight on most lifts

Overall: at 1.5 servings i'd give this an 8/10. not a fan of the prop blend but it does work pretty well. helps give you solid workouts but nothing special.
performance-wise i actually prefer the old anadraulic state gt to epic. to conclude, this is a decent pwo supp but i'll stick to san fierce domination and cl white flood.

Thanks again to LGScience for this opportunity to run this log.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Final Review:

Taste- 10/10, went from liking this flavor to loving it, good balance of tart and sweet
Mix- 8/10, there was some settling at the bottom, if you drink it fast then it's not a problem, if you sip it slowly then it might bother you
Energy- 1 serving= 4/10, 1.5 serving= 7/10, smooth and long lasting energy, again could use more "kick"
Focus- 1 serving= 4/10, 1.5 serving= 7/10, just decent here
Endurance- 1 serving= 7/10, 1.5 serving= 9/10, noticeable decrease in rest time
Strength- 1 serving= 7/10, 1.5= 8/10, able to do a few more reps and/or increased the weight on most lifts

Overall: at 1.5 servings i'd give this an 8/10. not a fan of the prop blend but it does work pretty well. helps give you solid workouts but nothing special.
performance-wise i actually prefer the old anadraulic state gt to epic. to conclude, this is a decent pwo supp but i'll stick to san fierce domination and cl white flood.

Thanks again to LGScience for this opportunity to run this log.
Thanks for honest feedback! We appreciate your log big guy...