Epic log! (LG Sciences New EPIC Powder)

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards

Heyoooo
Got this new preworkout yesterday, Epic powder in the blue flavor. I never had the pleasure of trying the OG liquid epic, but I heard it is totally legit.

Cracked the plastic film and had a little powder everywhere. Apparently the seal wasn't sealed because it was inside the lid when I unscrewed it. Consider this your first quality complaint LG. Better check that glue step in manufacturing! I ain't mad at ya! Love you guys! LG Sciences

Let's get to brass tacks.
Flavor: Tasted like a blue raspberry candy, tiny amount of funk in there, but overall very pleasant and refreshing. 7/10

Obligatory Mixes part:
It suspends in water like every other supplement. 10/10

Dose: Dos scoops (see what I did there)
To the fill line! Looks like a 5g. Scoop guess I dosed 10g. Instead of 8 because I missed the fill line part.

Ingredients! Hefty dose of proprietary blend!
This raises LOTS of questions.
How much Caffeine mg's? Beta alanine? (I didn't feel any paresthesia, so it must not have very much). Creatine? Is there 5 g? Do I need to supplement more creatine to get to 5g.? It has bcaa? How much total leucine is there? DAA? Never seen DAA in a preworkout! Honestly that's pretty cool! Anyway, I could go on, but the fact is I actually had a good training session. Good intensity, lots of endurance, solid pump, focus, etc. I'm quite looking forward to the many training sessions I have ahead of me with epic.

40 doses on label claim so thats a pretty good value.

Today I trained back and bis, and I'm actually training around a wicked shoulder injury. Started out slow and light, figuring out what I could do and finally settled on machine row and smith machine bentover row. Once my shoulder warmed up I was able to hit things pretty hard. I'd say I did about 15 total sets of 10-20 reps for back. The dropset I ended with on the machine row is going to hurt tomorrow lol. Followed this up with lots of preacher curls. Back feels great, and big. Deadlifts tomorrow!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
First! :)

Hate that the seal was broken! Definitely have to fix that! Glad you liked your first experience! I'm trying the Lemon Ice today!

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
Dosed 2 levelish scoops. Got caught up with work for about 35 minutes, did my shoulder rehab and started deadlifting. I was in a super good mood and totally pumped to lift. I wish I had started deadlifting about 22 minutes after taking the epic instead of 40 plus. Going to try this next session, about 20ish minutes pre lifting I will take epic. So yeah Epic got me in a great mood and super excited to lift. I didn't go for any Pr's or anything but overall it was a nice session, and heavy weight was moved. Did not have any grinders, weight moved fast and forcefully. Next two days rest days followed up with paused squats on Monday.

Deadlifts!

4" deficit deads
135x10 225x10 315x5 365x3 405x1 455x1
Put my belt on and switched to over/under grip
505x1

Deadlift
385x1/3 405x1 455x1
Over/under grip for next 3 sets
475x1/1
505x1
405x1 315x8/8/4

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Strong #'s on deads!! I noticed the good mood myself!!

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Great start!

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
Gotta play catch up. Going through a rough time with my shoulder. Squatted several days ago bit basically had to turn it into a deload and quit early. Finished off legs a couple days later.

Took 3 scoops. Again, did not feel beta alanine.

Front squat
185x5 225x3 275x1 Felt something was off shut these down.

3 count paused squats
135x5 185x5 225x6 315x1

Picked it up 2 days later.
3 scoops Epic. Kind of Meh in the feels. Good energy though.

Leg press 10 rep sets with 1 plate per side up to 6 pps then a 7ppsx5x5

Then calf Raises with 5pps for 3 sets to failure. I had an ok pump. Thought it would have been better.

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
3 scoops yesterday for what was meant to be strict presses and lats. Shoulder was all jacked up so it turned into a rotator cuff day. Lol. Hit my rotator cuff real good with banded internal and external rotation and cuban rotations. Had a good pump deep in the shoulder and followed it up with rear delts on the pec Dec with low weights to failure. For what I did it was a good therapeutic session. Good energy, pumps, and focus.

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
Upped the dose to 4 scoops. Still did not feel beta alanine tingles! (Paresthesia) Deadlift day again. Had good focus and energy output.

4" deficit deadlift
Topset 510x1 PR

Deadlift @70%
390×5×5

Hyperextensions with 25lb plate
15 / 10

Happy with this. Would have liked to pull more sets but I ran out of time.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Some strong sessions! How's your shoulder feeling? Did the 4 scoops feel better for you other than the beta alanine?

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
Some strong sessions! How's your shoulder feeling? Did the 4 scoops feel better for you other than the beta alanine?
Yes. Going to try 5 scoops next squat or deadlift day.

Shoulder has problems. Weak rotator cuff and scapula. All I can do is internal and external rotations, long rehab process. Thanks for asking though.

Took 2 scoops today. Good energy and focus, started training with some elliptical sprints at max resistance for 4 sets of 15 seconds. I've never taken a preworkout and cardio ' d like that... Holy crap I almost died lol.

Followed this up with my banded internal and external rotations and supported db cuban rotations. Never taken a preworkout just to do rehab before either, what can I say, I'm hard core and need progress fast!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yes. Going to try 5 scoops next squat or deadlift day. Shoulder has problems. Weak rotator cuff and scapula. All I can do is internal and external rotations, long rehab process. Thanks for asking though. Took 2 scoops today. Good energy and focus, started training with some elliptical sprints at max resistance for 4 sets of 15 seconds. I've never taken a preworkout and cardio ' d like that... Holy crap I almost died lol. Followed this up with my banded internal and external rotations and supported db cuban rotations. Never taken a preworkout just to do rehab before either, what can I say, I'm hard core and need progress fast!
That should be nice and intense for squat and dead days! Lol Shoulder problems can be quite frustrating but sounds like you're doing the right things by rehabbing it!! Haha love intense cardio like that!

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
Took 5 scoops for squats several days ago. Kinda messed with me taking that many scoops but I had a pretty good session. Did not feel overly stimmed or crash hard after. Got a pr and went for another but it just wasnt there.

Front squat
Topset 315x5 PR

Back squat
Sets of 5 up to 315 then
365x3 405x1 wraps 455x1 510xfail.

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
4 scoops for deadlifts yesterday. Getting back on a program, for squats and deadlifts anyway.

Juggernaut method

4" Deficit deadlift
135x10 225x8 315x5 335x1

Deadlift
335x10/10/10/10/12

That 5 sets of 10 were tough. It is worth mentioning I do deadstop deadlifts. I don't do that crossfit bouncing touch and go BS. My glutes and hams are barking.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Strong work!!

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
Took 4 scoops and had a strong session. Exhausting, brutal, and many other adjectives. Epic pulled through and helped out.

Front squat
Topset 315x1

Back squats
305x10/10/10/10/10

I might die now.

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
Been using 1 scoop to go do my shoulder rehab junk, and goof off pretty much.

Internal and external rotations followed by lots of preacher curls. 1 scoop is enough to get me in the mood to lift, give me some focus and push hard on my sets.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Took 4 scoops and had a strong session. Exhausting, brutal, and many other adjectives. Epic pulled through and helped out. Front squat Topset 315x1 Back squats 305x10/10/10/10/10 I might die now.
Aren't those just the best??!! Sucks and you feel like dyeing in the midst of it all but then you feel great afterwards!!

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
It's been 5 days, squats! 4 scoops of Epic, I find four scoops to be very sufficient.

Front squat
Topset 340x1

Back squat
280x5 315x5 340x10/10/10

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
4 scoops for deadlifts. I'll be doing a final review here soon, tub is over half gone.

Deadlift
(all double overhand and dead stop)

4 " deficit
135x10 225x8 315x5 405x1/1

305x5 345x5
Belt on
375x10/10/10

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Very strong Deadlifts!!

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
5 scoops for squats, I'll do a final review tonight and end this on a high note.

Squat
Front squat 135x1/1

Front squat 7 second pause, 15 second static hold at the top
135x 185x1 225x1 275x1

Back squat
135x5 185x5 225x5 275x5 305x3 355x1
380x10 probably a pr.

Squat 380x10: http://youtu.be/YcjJ7k0-lrY

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
I've still been using this 3-4 times a week. I've been taking 1 scoop and doing my rehab followed up with assistance training. Things have been going well for me. I'm able to start doing compound upper body movements, albeit with pretty light weight. One scoop is effective for me to put some intensity into my training with some focus. Some people would say that epic is kinda weak but honestly I can get results with 1/2 a dose up to 2.5 doses. Sorry I never did a final review, I will get to it soon, I'm In the middle of a 48 hour work week.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm glad you've been enjoying it! Life gets busy! Thanks for dropping by to give an update! When you do your final review, will you also leave a review in the product review section?

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
Final review

Epic Preworkout

Flavor: Like a blue raspberry candy overall very pleasant and refreshing. 7/10

Obligatory Mixes part:
It suspends in water like every other powder supplement 10/10

Dose: Two scoops to fill line. 40 servings in the tub. I assume this is a 5 g. Scoop so it's very easy to overdose and get 10 grams per serving. So for all intents and purposes a serving is 10 grams and has 32 servings per tub. IMO, LG should just get an 8 gram scoop.

Ingredients! Hefty dose of proprietary blend! Kind of ridiculous the amount of ingredients, and with only 6 grams of active ingredients you are for sure not getting science validated doses of some ingredients. If you tell me it's got beta alanine I want face tingles! (Which I didn't feel even with 5 scoops) I like what they included but it would have been nice to get dosages.

What it did.
Increased my mood, focus, energy, intensity, and improved my training.

What doses I used.
1 scoop up to 5 scoops.

Packaging is nice but includes no claims.

Feels.
1 serving did make a difference over taking nothing.
I honestly didn't feel a lot of difference between 2 scoops and 4, 1 and 3 etc.
5 scoops did have me very amped up and jittery. I had a lot of good sessions with this tub. I mainly used it for a mild boost to my shoulder rehab and accessory movement days, and it worked very well. Really increased intensity and focus. On my compound movement days and using 4 and 5 scoops I was smoking big weights with lots of energy.

Overall out of 5 stars I give it a 2.5 I think the ingredients need some boosts, as well as letting me know what I'm using. I think it's a bit much taking 5 scoops to go deadlift heavy when comparatively I can take 1 Small scoop of stimaholic and get the same or better results. I feel like this would be a good preworkout for a beginner which is absolutely not LGSCIENCES target consumer. The market currently has loads of fantastic products and to compete with them LG needs to do some work on this product.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Final review

Epic Preworkout

Flavor: Like a blue raspberry candy overall very pleasant and refreshing. 7/10

Obligatory Mixes part:
It suspends in water like every other powder supplement 10/10

Dose: Two scoops to fill line. 40 servings in the tub. I assume this is a 5 g. Scoop so it's very easy to overdose and get 10 grams per serving. So for all intents and purposes a serving is 10 grams and has 32 servings per tub. IMO, LG should just get an 8 gram scoop.

Ingredients! Hefty dose of proprietary blend! Kind of ridiculous the amount of ingredients, and with only 6 grams of active ingredients you are for sure not getting science validated doses of some ingredients. If you tell me it's got beta alanine I want face tingles! (Which I didn't feel even with 5 scoops) I like what they included but it would have been nice to get dosages.

What it did.
Increased my mood, focus, energy, intensity, and improved my training.

What doses I used.
1 scoop up to 5 scoops.

Packaging is nice but includes no claims.

Feels.
1 serving did make a difference over taking nothing.
I honestly didn't feel a lot of difference between 2 scoops and 4, 1 and 3 etc.
5 scoops did have me very amped up and jittery. I had a lot of good sessions with this tub. I mainly used it for a mild boost to my shoulder rehab and accessory movement days, and it worked very well. Really increased intensity and focus. On my compound movement days and using 4 and 5 scoops I was smoking big weights with lots of energy.

Overall out of 5 stars I give it a 2.5 I think the ingredients need some boosts, as well as letting me know what I'm using. I think it's a bit much taking 5 scoops to go deadlift heavy when comparatively I can take 1 Small scoop of stimaholic and get the same or better results. I feel like this would be a good preworkout for a beginner which is absolutely not LGSCIENCES target consumer. The market currently has loads of fantastic products and to compete with them LG needs to do some work on this product.
Thanks for the honest feedback, we appreciate the thorough log... :)

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thank you broken bottle for your log and review! We really appreciate your opinion!