Chaos & Pain Olympus Helios - Sponsored

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
It seems Pyrobatt intimidated Wayne enough to send me a jug o' Helios and I couldn't be more excited.

we've formulated the strongest anti-inflammatory / joint support supplement on the market. Time to stop pouring a bottle of ibuprofin down your throat every day and get on board the anti-pain train with Olympus Helios, which is jam-packed with anti-inflammatory, pain reducing, joint health-improving ingredient we could throw into it. These are the best joint supplements for weight lifting on the market.

So, what is going to hit you faster than micronized acetominophen and last far longer, too? How about a blend of Essential Amino Acids (Lysine, Methionine, Threonine, Phenylalanine, and Tryptophan), Microlactin, Cissus, Vitamin C, Curcumin, Astagaloside Extract, Bromelain, 5-HTP, Betaine, Choline, Piperine, Silicon, and Vitamin K1, which combine to wash over you like a thousand tiny fairy hands, massaging away your pain.
Aside from the misspelling of ibuprofen and acetaminophen these promises give me tingles and jingles.
I've got tendonitis in my knees, elbows, sore wrists (Injured one further somehow cashing in on birthday sex the other night, go figure), an ankle still reeling from an old sprain, a spine made from hatred and wicker, multiple shoulder dislocations... any and all relief is welcome.
I've been hitting up the local crossfit joint for conditioning work lately, so my body hates me a bit more than usual.

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
I was too excited and too hurt to not take a scoop immediately after my workout last night. Another again this morning.

It tastes WAY better than the powder smells. It doesn't by any means taste like cherries and limes, but it's kind of mellow and fruity with a hint of citrus, which was a happy surprise. It IS orange, so I have to wonder if I got mango mislabelled as cherry-limeade?

I am completely confused by the instructions on the tub. It says to take on an empty stomach, but that it works better with food. Is my reading comprehension in the ****ter, or did someone screw up the label?

I know Jamie's old joint concoction was always taken on an empty stomach, so that's how I'm doing this. If it's wrong, someone lemme know.

Edit: Let's throw the workout in here:

1 Power Clean + 1 Push Press + 1 Push Jerk EMOM for 8 Minutes @185lb

3 Rounds For Time
50 Double Unders
1 Lap Sled Pull
10 Push Press 135
================
17:20
—Rest 3 minutes
Row 1000m For Time

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm In !

namorbrowneye

Awards
I think its a typo on the label bro I take it on an empty stomach and I feel the effects are more noticeable than when taken with food.

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
It says to take on an empty stomach, but that it works better with food. Is my reading comprehension in the ****ter, or did someone screw up the label?
I think its a typo on the label bro I take it on an empty stomach and I feel the effects are more noticeable than when taken with food.
I re-read it last night. It is written confusingly, but technically correct - take on an empty stomach.

Woohoo!
Good to have ya!

Last night:
Clean Complex – 1 Pwr Clean + 1 Sq Clean + 1 Hng Sq Clean @ 155lbs
—1 every 90 seconds for 9 minutes (7 sets).

5 Rounds For Time
7 Deadlifts 315lb
20 Wall Balls 20lb
====================
19:09
—Rest 3 minutes
Run 800m For Time - My calves are sooo tight from the previous double unders that this took almost 6 minutes.

Got my 20 wings and 4 PBRs last night and a cute girl insisted on getting my number.

Woke up this morning at 220lbs. Also calves. Oh man my calves. They feel like they're trying to explode from my legs like little Alien Chestbursters.

Got myself a scoop in post-workout and another on waking.
Knee was a bit sore yesterday and is less-so today, despite all the wall balls. (as I was writing this, I slammed it into the corner of my desk, awesome.)

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
SUBBED!

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
Been doing two scoops a day.

Been busy all weekend, so here's Friday's workout:

Strict Press: 10xbar, 10x65, 10x95, 10x115, 10x135
Push Press: 5x155, 5x175, 5x195, 5x215, 2x3x225
Strict Press: 5x4x155
Pullups: 3x5
Curls: 20x80
Shrugs: 10x405, 10x495x 10x585, 10x675

The night was cold and the gym seemed to still have the AC on, just couldn't warm up, barely broke a sweat. Knee freaked out on the last rep of pressing 225, and my lower trap tweaked on the shrugs, so I threw in the towel.

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
Also, two things on Helios:

Saturday morning when I woke up, had a girl do a blind taste test of Helios. She said it tasted like cherries. So, apparently my tongues doesn't know its elbow from its ******* and my Helios flavor was correctly labelled.

The other thing: I had an enormous rock of bioperine in the tub. Freaky. Maybe something to mention to the manufacturer?

How do I know it's bioperine? I'm glad you asked. I initially thought it was just a rock, since it's black and solid, so I put my tongue on it. I dunno, that's just how I take in the world. Anyway, it's a solid rock of black pepper extract, most definitely.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Also, two things on Helios:

Saturday morning when I woke up, had a girl do a blind taste test of Helios. She said it tasted like cherries. So, apparently my tongues doesn't know its elbow from its ******* and my Helios flavor was correctly labelled.

The other thing: I had an enormous rock of bioperine in the tub. Freaky. Maybe something to mention to the manufacturer?
More common than you think. I suggest breaking up chunks of ingredients and shaking the bottle , letting it settle and shaking it up again to mix it up. I had a tub of enhanced, modern bcaa, sns focus xt and purple wrath with clumped ingredients. It all has to do with temperature imo on the delivery trucks. If it gets above 80 then get ready for clumps. Once mixed it should be a non issue.

Once you have a high BP problem from yohimine like I did when it was clumped in another product you will forever shake the container. NEVER AGAIN! felt like I was dieing!

I will however mention it to wayne and get back to you. Like I said though it had to have been a temp issue.

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
Haha, this is not a clump. (And I definitely shake all my tubs) It's definitely 100% solid black something.

It occurred to me that I confused bioperine with piperine and google images indicates that that's no black so... I dunno. It's black and peppery.

Maybe it's silicon coated in piperine? It looks like silicon.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha, this is not a clump. (And I definitely shake all my tubs) It's definitely 100% solid black something.

It occurred to me that I confused bioperine with piperine and google images indicates that that's no black so... I dunno. It's black and peppery.
I'm telling you. Crush that up with the scooper. Mix it in. It's nothing more than ingredients clumping together forming a solid clump of powder.

Put your fav pre in the sun for a few hours and it'll do the same thing.

I will mention it to wayne though

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
Last night's workout:

Squat: 5x95, 5x135, 5x185, 5x 205, 5x225, 5x5x255

For Time
1 Squat Clean + 2 Lunges @135lb
7 Toes to Bar
2 Squat Clean + 4 Lunges
7 T2B
3 Squat Clean + 6 Lunges
7 T2B
4 Squat Clean + 8 Lunges
7 T2B
5 Squat Clean+ 10 Lunges
7 T2B
4 Squat Clean + 8 Lunges
9 T2B
2 Squat Clean + 4 Lunges
9 T2B
1 Squat Clean + 2 Lunges
====================
27:10
Easily the slowest by like 9 minutes, and I was modified.
Absolutely obliterated my bad knee.
Pain level was just a bit lower than a bone fracture.
Took a scoop of Helios and hopped in the shower when I got home... knee pain was minimal in like 20 minutes. Unbelievable.
Felt a thousand times better on waking and wasn't swollen at all. I can walk up stairs. Down still sucks, but up is nearly pain-free.

This stuff is baller for immediate relief.

warrior737

Awards
I picked some of this up with a recent sup order. I am definitely interested to see how it works out. Cherrylime. I also picked up some bcaas and the pre to check out. The price point on these items is great right now on nutra.

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
Played with my "rock" this morning. I managed to snap it in half, but I'd need a hammer to do any more damage to something that hard. It's like soft plastic. This might be most cissus, judging by the brown inside.

warrior737

Awards
Played with my "rock" this morning. I managed to snap it in half, but I'd need a hammer to do any more damage to something that hard. It's like soft plastic.

Use the little side of your cheese grader .... lol SRS

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Played with my "rock" this morning. I managed to snap it in half, but I'd need a hammer to do any more damage to something that hard. It's like soft plastic. This might be most cissus, judging by the brown inside.
Holy ****....ima rip that picture and send to wayne...

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
Jamie and Wayne insist on sending me a replacement tub. Entirely unnecessary to me, but they're the kind of cats that like to make it right. Solid dudes, solid company.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Jamie and Wayne insist on sending me a replacement tub. Entirely unnecessary to me, but they're the kind of cats that like to make it right. Solid dudes, solid company.
That looks like something out of a science fiction film. Looks like we sent you a meteorite. Lol!

I would have sent you another tub as well

That's cissus. Haha!

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
Loving this stuff.
Two days after feeling like my knee was completely obliterated, I'm walking around and hopping up stairs like it's no big.
Additionally, I was perfectly fine after paying a nice girl back for some birthday beers last night, and that's usually awful for my knee.

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
I should have gotten a picture of last night's dinner. I'm busy setting up a guest bedroom for folks coming out this weekend, so no time to cook. Fridge had a coupon for two 16" cheesesteaks - $13. Shwing.

Meal guesstimate:
Calories: 2310
Protein: 175g
Fat: 90g
Carbs: 200g

Woke up 7lbs heavier with size on the traps and pop in the serratus.

Cheesesteaks are the perfect refeed food: discuss.

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
Had some house guests for a wedding and spent the entire weekend eating and drinking my face off (and only went back up to 227, woo).
Also Friday, I did some ninja warrior shyt with a ziplining course, which was a killer workout for hands and forearms.

Got my new tub in finally - USPS was being a complete jerk and would have delivered it three days ago, but required additional postage.

The good: New tub is completely powder - no solids. There's also no moisture pack in it, which never seemed to help CnP's products before anyway. It tastes better, too, and more like cherries.

The bad: No scoop. Luckily, I've already got one.

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
High Bar Squat: 5x95, 5x135, 5x185x 4x225, 5x5x265

For Time
1000m Row
50 45lb Overhead Lunges
30 GI Janes (Burpee - Pullups)
========================
20:16

I remembered my TK sleeves, so the squats and lunches were easier, but the lunges were definitely rough on the bad knee. I was hobbling until I could get some Helios in me, then went out drinkin' and forgot about the knee.

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
Close Grip Bench Press: 12xbar, 10x95, 10x135, 5x185, 5x205, 5x235, 3x265, 1x295, 1x305, 5x5x235

For Time
20 Strict Handstand Pushups
Run 400m
20 Hang Power Clean @135lb
Run 800m
20 Push Jerk @135lb
Run 400m
========================
22:17

2x (Ski Erg – 20 sec all out + max hollow rocks immediately after ski erg) - the ski erg is this upright ski-style c2 rower
–Rest 90 sec between

Knee did great on the runs, was rough when I got out of the car after the workout, but some Helios and a hot shower got me out for some sandwiches and rum. A bit on the sore side this morning.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Loving this stuff.
Two days after feeling like my knee was completely obliterated, I'm walking around and hopping up stairs like it's no big.
Additionally, I was perfectly fine after paying a nice girl back for some birthday beers last night, and that's usually awful for my knee.
What I like to hear!

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
Thursday before beach weekend: random bodybuilderish stuff and wanted to try out pre-exhaustion technique...

Wide Grip Incline Bench: 10x95, 10x135, 10x155, 10x175, 10x195, 5x215, 2x3x225, 5x215, 5x195, 2x5x175, 3x8x135
Alternating Seated Leg Extensions: 20+x5x120
Alternating Laying Leg Curl: 10x5x40
Cheat Curls: 8x110, 10x100, 15x80, 2x15x70
Squats: 10x95, 10x135, 10x185, 4x10x135
DB Rows: 2x10x95, 2x10x105, 2x10x115, 4x15x125

Saturday and Sunday mornings were sundry handstand pushups, pushups, situps, lunges, hollow rocks, band pullaparts, and band curls to get some beach pump, followed with scotch, cigar, bacon, eggs, potatoes, and sausage.

Both Saturday and Sunday I swam something like 1.5 miles and walked back... when I got out of the water Saturday, some folks accused me of being a triathlete haha. (as a lifetime fatty, I'm calling this a PR lol)

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
Came back from the beach with some niiice sunburn.

Had to cut my sesh short because of woman problems.

Squats: 5x95, 5x135, 5x185, 5x225, 5x5x275

Just started playing with ArA again, so as long as I don't directly injure my knee working out, I won't be dosing Helios immediately after the workout.

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
Another quick night because of woman solutions.

Klokovs: 10xbar, 10x65, 10x85, 10x105, 10x1115, 10x125, 8x135, 5x145
BTN Push Press: 8x155, 5x175, 3x195, 2x215, 2x5x175, 8x155
Pullups: 8,5,4

Shoulder started off a bit pinchy, but it's fine now.

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
I was amused when, on my drive home from the gym, I realized I had done both glutes for the sloots and curls for the girls.

Deadlift: 5x225, 5x315, 5x365, 3x405, 3x455, 3x1x495, 3x3x405
Stiff Leg Deficit Deadlift: 8x315, 4x5x315
DB Hammer Curls: 4x15x35, 4x15x20

Slammed 20 wings with a few PBR's, then brought a friend home for a couple hours of hip mobility work.
Definitely needed some Helios this morning.

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
Sorry cats, been busy workin' a new job, trying to get another, life sh*t. Missed a couple workouts:

Friday:
Wide Grip Incline Bench: 10x95, 10x135, 10x155, 10x175, 10x195, 4x10x155
Lever Row: 5x15x135
DB Clean/Press: 3x75, 3x85, 1x90, 1x95, 1x100, 4x3x85

Wrecked my knee stumbling to my buddy's house Saturday night. Awesome.

Monday:
Deadlift: 5x225, 3x315, 3x405, 2x1x455
10 Minute AMRAP 405lb Deadlift: 30 reps
Strict Press: 10x45, 10x65, 10x85, 10x95, 3x10x115, 3x10x95

Knee feels worlds better, still sore though. IF it wasn't for this Helios, walking would suck so bad.

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
Hardly impressive, but a good baseline workout to see where your strength is at.

[video]https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5O9dYc9w5vmcVMyRDRzb3BhRUE/view[/video]

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
New job and life wrecking my posting time. Review inbound.

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
Looking forward to the full review. I have battled with joint issues for the past few years .... old injuries etc.... Getting old sucks :) I have tried Flexible by Formutech ...... have not been lucky enough to try out this new Chaos & Pain product yet. I know Jamie and Wayne make some kick ass products so I am curious to see how this new joint supp stacks up to Flexible.

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
I haven't tried Flexible, but I can tell you that Helios is the only thing I've ever taken that takes me from crippled-to-tears to merely limping inside an hour.

warrior737

Awards
I haven't tried Flexible, but I can tell you that Helios is the only thing I've ever taken that takes me from crippled-to-tears to merely limping inside an hour.
I think its delicious. One downfall of this product is the coloring hat it can leave on your hand from the curcumin. You need to wash it off pretty quick before it stains. Other than that I definitely like it.