AE joins the dark side with the help of Death Star Labs

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hello again....AE is back with another log. A big thank you to the DSL team for this opportunity. Have been contemplating a dark side return for a while, and this seemed like a great opportunity to do it. Que the intro music for Halo and Trien. I have been cutting recently just to see if I can get back down to the 198lbs division and maintain my strength. THe weight cut went well, so now its time to focus again on the strength.

38 years old 5' 10" 202lbs.

Been lifting since I am roughly 11 years old. I do 7 days a week of fasted cardio at 350 am and lift 6 days a week.

Monday-Legs/Bis
Tuesday- Shoulders/Back
Wednesday- off
Thursday- chest
Friday- Legs/Bis
Saturday- Back/Shoulders
Sunday- chest, tris

Here are the other supps I am currently using:
Orange Triad/Greens
Generic Kmart caffeine
Pro Nom 23
Select
In-Sync probiotic
Cycle Armor

Thats it, I am typically a keep it simple kind of guy

I will do my absolute best to update everyday with a rundown of the morning activities. Doses are on an empty stomach, prior to leaving work and prior to getting in.

Welcome aboard!!!!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Reserved for mid log and final review.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In for AE epicness. Kill it bro! :)

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok, first doses are not in as of yet, but in a little while.

Just as an idea of what my morning run looks like.

50 minutes on treadmill 3.7-4.6mph @ 12% incline for the entire time

I increase .1 mph every 5 minutes

Awesome sweat, and will be using this model for the entire cycle

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just finishing up my workout right now. Just wanted to toe that I will be updating the information in a bit. I noticeable aspect right now has been energy. It very well could be a placebo affect, but I am up and roaring before 4am.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Chest and Tris

So...thanks to the dog, I was up a little earlier than expected. Here is a rundown of the morning's activities

Treadmill
50 mins 12% incline 3.7-4.6mph
Energy was good, by the time I got to lifting I felt really strong. Sweat was crazy

Chest

Incline BP 2 sets @ 225lbs for a smooth 5 reps per, 3 sets @ 205 for 8
Incline db flys 4 sets @ 65lbs for 8-10*(super set)
Incline db press 4 sets @ 65lbs for 8-10*(super set)

Triceps
JM Press 6 sets 2 sets @ 185lbs sets of 8-10
2-arm db ext super sets 75lbs & 55lbs to failure at each weight. (going to be sore as hell tomorrow)

Throughout this run, I am expecting some of those numbers to increase. However, I am looking at running this at a slight caloric deficiency to see if I can stay roughly between 202-206lbs but see some solid strength gains.

Tomorrow is my modified leg day. I usually go lower rep on Fridays since I focus on heavy back on Saturday

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
In running the same stack with the addition of 4-ad and about 12 days in And cutting up nicelu

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome.....I am really looking forward to some solid results.

Just finished up about 20 minutes ago. Here is the rundown

Treadmill
42 minutes 12% 3.7-4.6mph

Legs:
Box squats 6 total sets 2 sets @ 315 3 per 12"box
GHR 6 sets 3 sets weighted w/25lbs plate

Bi's
Glass hammer curls 5 sets 50lbs sets of 10-12
Seated incline curls 4 sets 45lbs to failure (crazy burn)

Legs are downright shot...I actually hope I didnt burn out too much since I am set for deads tomorrow.

Energy still good, not as pronounced. A bit rundown, several late nights at work, which is rough when you get there prior to 7am and arent leaving until 7-8pm. Will do a weigh in tomorrow to get an overall feel.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome.....I am really looking forward to some solid results. Just finished up about 20 minutes ago. Here is the rundown Treadmill 42 minutes 12% 3.7-4.6mph Legs: Box squats 6 total sets 2 sets @ 315 3 per 12"box GHR 6 sets 3 sets weighted w/25lbs plate Bi's Glass hammer curls 5 sets 50lbs sets of 10-12 Seated incline curls 4 sets 45lbs to failure (crazy burn) Legs are downright shot...I actually hope I didnt burn out too much since I am set for deads tomorrow. Energy still good, not as pronounced. A bit rundown, several late nights at work, which is rough when you get there prior to 7am and arent leaving until 7-8pm. Will do a weigh in tomorrow to get an overall feel.
I definitely know what you mean about the long days at work brother. I feel your pain! Numbers look good on those lifts.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I definitely know what you mean about the long days at work brother. I feel your pain! Numbers look good on those lifts.
thanks man. It's crazy. My job requires so many nights and crazy days. Just got off the treadmill 50 minutes 12% 3.7-4.8 mph Crazy sweat. Got back and shoulders later.

As an update. Weight this am teetering between 199-200.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Back again with another solid workout

Here is a rundown of todays back/shoulder workout

Treadmill warmup
33 minutes 12% incline 3.6mph

Back
Deads (6 sets) 1 set 405lbs 5 reps
BB rows (4 sets) sets of 135, 155, 185, 185
Wide chins (4 sets) BW to failure

Shoulders
Seated press (5 sets) sets of 135, 135, 155,185,185
DB Lateral superset (4 sets) 30lbs side and rear

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rough day....put in a lot of work and now feel like I need a nap

AM cardio
50 minutes 12% 3.8-4.7mph

Afternoon workout
treadmill
35 minutes 12% 3.7-3.8mph

Chest
Flat BP 1 set 315lbs 2 reps 2 sets @ 225lbs 12 reps per
Incline db flys (4 sets) 65lbs sets of 8
Incline db press (4 sets) 75lbs (maximum weight of my dbs) sets of 12

tris
CGBP (6 sets) 3 sets @225lbs 5-7reps
Bench dips (4 sets) 25-45lbs plate on lap to failure <this exercise kills my shoulders>
2arm db ext (4 sets) 75lbs to failure

All this weighing 198 this am :woohoo:

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good start to the day today

Treadmill
45 minutes 12% 3.7-4.3mph

Legs
Explosive box squats (6 sets) no set exceeding 225lbs sets of 12
GHR (4 sets) 25lbs plate sets of 8

Bi's
Glass hammer curls (5 sets) 50lbs sets of 10
Concentration curls (5 sets) 40lbs sets of 8

Started to run out of time, so called it a day. Might do a little extra cardio tonight after dinner.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Shoulder and back day today. Cardio was typical at 45 minutes, had a great sweat going and was loosened up nicely for the lift

Shoulders
Seated BB Press (6 sets) 2 sets @ 185lbs 3-4 reps
Side/Back db lateral super set (4 sets) 30lbs sets of 8-12 per

Back
Reverse hyper w/bands (5 sets) awesome stretch!
Wide grip chins (5 sets) BW to failure <need to get a belt that holds extra weight>
Meadow Rows (3 sets) 1 35lbs 1 10lbs 1 5lbs sets of 8

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A couple of quick thoughts.

Strength is stagnant right now....which I think is more a result,of being in week one. Vascularity is definitely up as is energy.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Off day cardio this am for 50 minutes as usual.

Nothing out of the ordinary.

Will post an updated weigh in tomorrow on chest/tris

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Been a bit crazy of a day, and will be at work till after 9pm tonight, so I will have a better update tomorrow with the last 2 days worth of work :)

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Some good and some bad

Lets start with the good.

Last 2 days have been good workouts. Both days I have hit 45 minutes on the treadmill and got a crazy sweat going prior to lifting.

Thursday was chest/tris
Incline BP 2 sets @ 275lbs for 2 each :woohoo:
Floor press sets @ 225bs
Incline flys 4 sets @ 60lbs

Jm press/cgbp superset 8 total sets

Friday legs/bis
GHR weighted 25lbs plate 4 sets to failure
1 leg db lunges 5 sets

I try to keep my friday leg workouts different since I try and hit deads every saturday or every other saturday.

Onto the bad. As I took my tablets out today for preparation, there are many in the trien bottle that are chipped and broken. Many fragments came out. The Halo bottle seems ok thus far.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Workouts have been fairly solid. Saw slight strength increase during yesterdays deads. Hit 455lbs for 2 which is big for me. Everything is sore today which is a huge plus.

Additionally, cardio has been constant. Fasted cardio between 45-50 minutes consistently and with a slight increase in energy starting to increase speed.

Will provide a more detailed updated later today after chest/tris

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A bit of a rushed workout this am. Somehow the volume on my alarm clock was turned down. So roughly a half hour went by before my wife got up.

Did get in legs and bis but need to make up the cardio. Focused primarily on lower weight higher reps for legs. On bis worked hammer curls and seated incline curls for sets of 10-12 on both w/ 45lbs dbs.

A thought from yesterday's chest/tris is that I weighed in at 198 and hit 315 for a double. :woohoo:

Strength is definitely making a steady climb, would definitely like to see more of that.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Moved my typical Tuesday lift to Wednesday since I will be able to go in late. The beauty of that is I will have some time to focus on shoulders tomorrow more than normal.

Standard incline fasted cardio this am for 50 minutes. Sweat was/is crazy.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So this is what its like to live like everyone else. Not used to getting up at 4:45, which is immensely late for me. However, here is how it broke down

Typical 50 minute cardio, energy was good and sweat was through the roof

Shoulders
Seated BB Press 1 set @ 205lbs 2 reps :woohoo: considering I weigh under 200lbs, I was thrilled
DB Lateral supersets @ 30lbs side and rear

Back
Wide chins 5 sets to failure
BB Rows sets up to 225lbs for 5
Meadow Rows sets with 50lbs to failure

Felt good and have to admit, strength is slowly improving and I am leaning out really nicely. Very pleased thus far.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Been a good couple of days. Just finishing my treadmill time right now, which I have been in for over 40 minutes.

Will update my lift shortly.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn, what a day. Workout was great, but work is absolutely killing me. Its a hell of a day when you cant make meetings because student behavior requires police :)

The workout was solid with a typical day of cardio and the legs/bis.

Been focusing a little more on explosion off the low box on squats and then higher reps for GHR. In terms of the explosion, not really focused on high reps, but primarily focused on higher weight for low reps.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Quick update. Body weight 196lbs and pulled 475lbs with relative ease. :woohoo:

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Weight has been staying put at 198lbs and strength has been steadily increasing.

Was able to flat bp 325lbs for 1 on sunday, which I was pleased with considering my bodyweight.

Additionally, in terms of body composition, definitely continuing to lean out. My new work pants are certainly looser around the middle.

Roughly 1 week left before PCT kicks in.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Doing some morning cardio right now. Missed a few workouts as my daughter suffered a bad leg injury. However, now she is more comfortable and able to move around a little better. So I will combo chest and shoulders today.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Typical morning cardio. Legs and bis scheduled for this afternoon prior to a pediatric orthopedic surgeon appointment. Poor kid most likely needs surgery.

Checked the bottles this am...halo last dose on Thursday and after getting rid of all the broken trien pieces, that last dose is tomorrow.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
some final thoughts

Overall I saw some pretty decent strength increases. Nothing over the top, but enough to be able to connect it to this run. My body weight remained relatively unchanged, so overall that brought about a positive sentiment to the run.

Out of 5 stars I would rate this a 3.5. I would really have liked to see a stronger recomp effect.

PCT begins tomorrow :)

dkgreene88

dkgreene88

Awards
  • Established
Overall I saw some pretty decent strength increases. Nothing over the top, but enough to be able to connect it to this run. My body weight remained relatively unchanged, so overall that brought about a positive sentiment to the run. Out of 5 stars I would rate this a 3.5. I would really have liked to see a stronger recomp effect. PCT begins tomorrow :)
how was yourpct...layout and results

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Awesome log