Putting Noxygen and AminoD through the test

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Morning All,
Super pumped to test drive Noxygen and Watermelon Amino D. For those that know me, there are only about 3-4 companies I truly respect and enjoy and Purus Labs is one of them. This is not a line. Heck the CEO was my second guest of SuppTalk, definitely download it if interested.

So anyway,
42 yr old, hovering around 12% BF, Summer is over and although I am not looking to bulk my cardio is not where it should be.
I train 4-5 days a week, sometimes one bodypart, sometimes 2. Days of heavy lifting are over as I generally hoover in the 10-15 rep ranges.

So everyone is touting how versatile Noxygen is, I plan in truly running it through the ringer.
Each day will be a different product, PWO’s, BCAA’s, Powdered Thermos and the list goes on.
If there is something specific you want me to mix it with then suggest it.

Thank you for following and enjoy the ride.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
So today decided to right for the Purus Labs trifecta right out of the box.
Noxygen + Crisp Apple Condense (Pre)
AminoD – Watermelon – intra, 1 scoop

When I first received Noxygen, surprised at how small it was. When you open and look/feel it, reminds me of moon dough (for all you parents out there). Mixed it with Condense with a shaker ball
Noxygen
Taste – although it is unflavored it slightly toned down the flavor of Condense, no issue here.
Mixability – always use a wire whisk ball to mix everything, avoid clumping, sediment etc

AminoD
Taste – spot on Watermelon, nothing unique but certainly flavorful to the palate
Mixability – again, used wire whisk ball.

Workout:
Wanted to put this immediately to the test & worked Bi’s, Tris and forearms
Bi’s (5 sets) of Straight bar curls (12 reps), (4 sets) single arm preacher curls
Tri’s – (4 sets) inclined skull crushers (12 reps), (4) sets rubberband kick backs
Forearms (4 sets) reverse curl straight bar, stopping at 90 degree angle

First day impression – did not feel overly pumped until towards the end of my workout. Triceps were full and biceps had that air type pocket on the inside of the elbow but I did look swole.

Here we are an hour later and the elbow air feeling has subsided but still look & feel full.

Trying to upload some pics but not being cooperative....Stay tuned

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
:wave2:

Shel_23

Shel_23

Awards
Can't wait to see how it works with everything

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm subbed!

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Decided to do an impromptu workout at the gym while kids swam. 12/sets of calf's and 5 sets tricep pushdown.

Having a grilled chicken sub and another scoop of AminoD....

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Morning All,
Super pumped to test drive Noxygen and Watermelon Amino D. For those that know me, there are only about 3-4 companies I truly respect and enjoy and Purus Labs is one of them. This is not a line. Heck the CEO was my second guest of SuppTalk, definitely download it if interested.

So anyway,
42 yr old, hovering around 12% BF, Summer is over and although I am not looking to bulk my cardio is not where it should be.
I train 4-5 days a week, sometimes one bodypart, sometimes 2. Days of heavy lifting are over as I generally hoover in the 10-15 rep ranges.

So everyone is touting how versatile Noxygen is, I plan in truly running it through the ringer.
Each day will be a different product, PWO’s, BCAA’s, Powdered Thermos and the list goes on.
If there is something specific you want me to mix it with then suggest it.

Thank you for following and enjoy the ride.
Really looking forward to this. The product was made to pair with just about any other product. The price and versatility make it an almost perfect adjunct combination.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
What's up folks. So todays menu.....

A non Stim pump product containing Citrulline, BA, Creatinol, Agmatine and Norvaline. I am not here to promote other company products thus I will refrain from name dropping. If Aaron or Grambo are ok with it, I will otherwise PM me directly if you are interested.

So unfortunately had a short window today due to work.

Banged out some shoulders

Inclined DB front raises 5 sets
Curl Bar upright rows 5 sets
Barbell shrugs 3 sets

Now let me say I was in the zone today, felt very good and energetic, kind of unusual as I typically use caffeinated products. Some of the lifts I felt like I could have kept going with reps but instead actually cut myself short to add more weight.

Example - uprights - 95, I generally do about 12 but unconsciously hit 20 and stopped.

Also had my AminoD fueling me for intra.

So day 2, stamina and overall energy seemed very good.

[video=youtube;N-dpGSC9GCY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-dpGSC9GCY[/video]

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Sunday morning...

On the 7th day God relaxed...I didn't.

So I feel like a Dad trying to stump a kid with Noxygen being the kid..

Today - iced coffee, a protein peptide blend and of course Noxygen. Slammed this down and waited about 20 minutes watching Seinfeld to kill the time.

10 mins treadmill, 3,5 mph....

On the agenda - chest

Decline bench 5 sets. Interesting as my 2nd warmup - skin was already stretching, very uncommon..hmm

Incline flyes 5 sets

Flat flyes.

So I am getting over a rotator cuff injury and cannot go heavy, rather focus on high reps, low weight

Lifts that were generally 12-15 reps, again found myself doing 18-20 reps, like butter baby

2 hrs later, chest still looking and feeling full....

On the downside, been finding a few bees flying around my basement gym. Noticed a discoloration in the drop ceiling, get my ladder, move the paneland find a bees nest in the ceiling :eek5::eek5: Pest control coming on Tuesday......

Anyway, enjoy the day!

[video=youtube;SgvCMxYPOFs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgvCMxYPOFs[/video]

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Sunday morning... On the 7th day God relaxed...I didn't. So I feel like a Dad trying to stump a kid with Noxygen being the kid.. Today - iced coffee, a protein peptide blend and of course Noxygen. Slammed this down and waited about 20 minutes watching Seinfeld to kill the time. 10 mins treadmill, 3,5 mph.... On the agenda - chest Decline bench 5 sets. Interesting as my 2nd warmup - skin was already stretching, very uncommon..hmm Incline flyes 5 sets Flat flyes. So I am getting over a rotator cuff injury and cannot go heavy, rather focus on high reps, low weight Lifts that were generally 12-15 reps, again found myself doing 18-20 reps, like butter baby 2 hrs later, chest still looking and feeling full.... On the downside, been finding a few bees flying around my basement gym. Noticed a discoloration in the drop ceiling, get my ladder, move the paneland find a bees nest in the ceiling :eek5::eek5: Pest control coming on Tuesday...... Anyway, enjoy the day! YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgvCMxYPOFs
Nice update.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
So unfortunately no work out due to the bee issue.

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That sounds horrible about the bees!

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
When I lifted on Sunday killed 2-3. Later that day saw a few more. Noticed a spot in my drop ceiling, thought pipe was leaking , moved the tile and saw the nest.

Pest control here today.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
OK so this was pulled out of my drop ceiling.

ForumRunner_20140909_150855.png

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow...f that

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hi guys,

My apologies as it has been a crazy week. Did get in a 20 minute workout which should have taken an hour.

Mixed Noxygen with a PWO and AminoD intra

Back

(4) Lat pulldowns - wide grip to front
(4) Cable Rows
(4) Sets DB rows with 2 drop sets of 4 diminishing weights.

I sped thru this due to meetings etc etc.

So, can't quite say I felt too much when I did this yesterday. Perhaps because the workout was quite quick?? Not sure

Today though, pleasantly sore as it has been a while since I had some DOMS...

I will be back in the saddle 100% starting tomorrow.

Thanks for sticking with me!

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You ever have one of those days when everything seems to be going all roses? His was for me.
Woke up did 30 minutes of fasted cardio watching Oblivion.
2 hours of work then the weights.

Double dosed today,
Non Stim Preworkout + 1 scoop of Noxy – 30 mins prior
AminoD + 1 scoop Noxy intra.
Legs today
Extensions 4 sets
Squats 5 sets
Sumo Deads 5 sets
Good Mornings 4 sets
Today I felt alert and felt that I could keep going. Weight that I usually rep out at 12, was up to 20 and with this, I started adding more weights, overall focus was on, something I haven’t had in a while.
My only issue was that after set 2 of leg ext, my quads were soo blown up, I had to take longer rest periods for the tightness to go down, but not a bad spot to be in.

I have been a little more sore than usual but I think it is the extra weight/reps that have been putting in. Again nothing to complain about.
Stay tuned, we’re just getting started here boys.!

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice man!

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
So I am a little behind the 8 ball but will be posting throughout the day.

So of course Murphy's law, after posting about having great day, Coached my sons soccer practice and tweaked my knee pretty good...oh well, life goes on.

Saturday:

Amino D, Pump PWO (non stim) and Noxygen then very quick arms

4 sets 21 supersetted with reverse curls
Forehead curls - rubber bands wrapped around the cage, head high and bring arms to eyes/forehead (5 sets)
5 sets of tricep pushdowns....

Quick & painless, definitely full and swollen to the point my daughter looked at me and said "holy cow Dad"

Success

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Sunday - Chest Day

(1) Cap of fatburner, Amino D + (1) Scoop of Noxygen preworkout

4 sets incline chest
4 sets decline
4 sets incline flyes
4 sets flat flyes

Today I looked and felt full but not overly pumped...if that makes sense...

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Monday

(1) Caffeinated PWO + Noxygen.....(1) Scoop of AminoD Intra

Shoulders
(4) sets Machine shoulder press
(4) sets of DB front raise
(4) sets of rear delts

Today I looked very swollen but didnt feel the skin tightness.

Legs still hurting from Friday.

So here is my evaluations thus far

AminoD - great product, definitely seems to help fuel me intra. I am probably on my 15th serving and it no longer tastes like watermelon any further. Kind of hard to put a finger on it, don't get me wrong, still very palatable.

Noxygen - for the most part it has been very positive. The product really seems to shine with larger bodyparts of exercise that is prolonged and not a get in/get out type of thing.

Stay tuned, still a few things to throw at this bad boy.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Been doing 1 or 2 scoops of the N.O.?

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
(1) but may start upping the dose.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Weds workout. At the office they have a lat pulldown so figured back day.

Forgot to pack my Noxygen :dead: but did have my Amino D

4 sets lat pulldowns to the front, wide grip
"" "" close grip
4 sets cable rows
4 sets DB rows
4 sets hyperextensions

So everything went up like butter but I know would have been much better if I had my noxy

AminoD is starting to deplete as I am drinking it 1-2x a day....not good

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Friday workout

Powdered Thermo, 1 scoop of Noxy

Now this is perhaps the last combination I could come up with.

Let me say I like my thermo but generally find myself adding Agmatine or a non stim pump product to assist with the weights

Just triceps today

4 sets of pushdowns - after set three Tris were screaming from being full of blood
5 sets incline skull crushers
5 sets Tricep kickbacks

So mission accomplished, my thermo now had the pump factor added to it

One thing I have noticed is that by adding Noxy to products it makes the overall concoction a tad bit sweeter....

[video=youtube;GelXx8EXzaM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GelXx8EXzaM[/video]

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Friday workout Powdered Thermo, 1 scoop of Noxy Now this is perhaps the last combination I could come up with. Let me say I like my thermo but generally find myself adding Agmatine or a non stim pump product to assist with the weights Just triceps today 4 sets of pushdowns - after set three Tris were screaming from being full of blood 5 sets incline skull crushers 5 sets Tricep kickbacks So mission accomplished, my thermo now had the pump factor added to it One thing I have noticed is that by adding Noxy to products it makes the overall concoction a tad bit sweeter.... YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GelXx8EXzaM
Sweeter huh? What products/flavors you running? :)

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Saturday - quick trap workout.

2 scoops of Noxy in BCAA formula

5 sets of upright rows
5 sets - barbell shrugs
3 sets behind the back shrugs

Very quick exercise, felt good.

Monday

Preworkout with 2 scoops of Noxy

Bi's and Tri's

5 sets hammer curls supersetted with tricep extensions, behind the head straight out
5 sets of preacher curls supersetted with tricep pushdowns

5 sets weighed ab crunches...

So for this workout, super swole, almost painful but large and in charge.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Sweeter huh? What products/flavors you running? :)
so far the test run

BioGro
Formutech Level II (Fruit Punch) - liked this mixture
EVL Engn - Blue Razz - 2 scoops, very sweet
AminoD - sweetened it almost masking the true watermelon flavor
Endurance BCAA Orange

I also started mixing the AminoD + Formutech Flexbible fruitpunch making a very nice cocktail

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
yesterday back workout

2 scoops of Noxy and ME AmiNO

Back baby:

(4) sets V bar pulldown. (into my 2nd set, back was screaming with a pump)
(4) sets DB rows
(4) sets laying down on bench and bar extended over my back
(4) sets wide grip pulldowns.

Workout was intense, back on fire, arms pumped feeling great.

So unfortunately today was my last scoop of AminoD :angryfire:

Will be wrapping things up and leaving reviews

[video=youtube;K695M-vZsb8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K695M-vZsb8[/video]

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
In for that final review!

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Kickass log :)

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looking forward to ur final review.
Great detail!

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hi Folks - very first video review.....not the most polished but as I said, thumbs up for Noxygen

[video=youtube;-LgLQEn6Bvo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LgLQEn6Bvo&feature=youtu.be[/video]

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Thank you for taking the time to log for us.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys. Will get around to doing one for Amino D

Am I the only one that noticed things getting sweeter by adding Noxygen?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Thanks guys. Will get around to doing one for Amino D Am I the only one that noticed things getting sweeter by adding Noxygen?
I never really noticed that.

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks guys. Will get around to doing one for Amino D

Am I the only one that noticed things getting sweeter by adding Noxygen?
Yep and that makes sense considering the glycerol. It's subtle usually but it's definitely there.
I actually like the BlueRaz Lemonade AminOD better with it.