• Start date
Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Got me a tub of Purus labs AminoD I try out. It's an essential amino acid supplement and I chose the strawberry Limade flavor.

I've been using for a few days but just getting my log up now since I was out of town.

First impressions are flavor is pretty good. Not over powering or heavy "amino" after taste.

I'm using it intra with my glycofuse. I've been using HBCD/Peptapro as my intra for a while and will be subbing a portion of my peptapro with the aminoD. 1 scoop on normal days and 2 scoops on my heavy days and non on my off day.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
1st.
Glad ya like it so far.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Got a few more workouts in using AminoD. Something I notice of AminoD vs. Other EAA products and no gross amino after taste. I don't know how this is done with flavoring but I dig my mouth not tasting like poop.

As far as recovery goes I don't see much of a drop off vs. my full dose of peptapro. I'll try a full dose of EAA (20gr/3 rounded scoops) and completely take out the peptapro and see how recovery is.

I've seen AminoD as BOGO or buy 2 get 1 free all over so this would be very competitive vs buy peptapro in bulk and tastes waaaaaay better.

WILL_I_AM

WILL_I_AM

Awards
Was just considering getting the AminoD and Purus Labs Condense but as always I was sketchy about the flavors. I drink whatever I buy and don't complain, but of there are decent tasting options out there that work just the same I'd like to get those. Good/quick reviews on it! Thanks

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Was just considering getting the AminoD and Purus Labs Condense but as always I was sketchy about the flavors. I drink whatever I buy and don't complain, but of there are decent tasting options out there that work just the same I'd like to get those. Good/quick reviews on it! Thanks
Try it out man, doubt you will be disappointed.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
They both taste good. Big fan of sour apple condense

WILL_I_AM

WILL_I_AM

Awards
Has anyone ever taken the Condense & Noxygen or DPol together in a stack? If so what were the pumps like?

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed buddy! Pretty pumped to hear your thoughts on aminOD

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Has anyone ever taken the Condense & Noxygen or DPol together in a stack? If so what were the pumps like?
I shot you a PM, but look at it this way:
Stacked N.O. from the Ronnie Coleman line, Nitrix 2.0 are all @ the $45 + mark, even Hemavol is $30 & that's just @ 1 scoop; You could have Condense and NOxygen around the $40 mark and add in d-pol that's usually $30 or less.
For under $70 you got a test booster with nitrates, a pre work with pump ingredients (40 servings), & a pump enhancer with $40 servings as well.

:wave2:

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Heavy legs with 20gr AminoD intra has DOMS minimal. Pretty happy, looks like it hold up to Peptapro well in comparison and tastes MUCH better. Much better than any other EAA supplement I've ever used before too.

I was thinking all this stuff was, was Kool-aid but given the recovery benefits I've come to the conclusion it's probably actually EAA's :)

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Heavy legs with 20gr AminoD intra has DOMS minimal. Pretty happy, looks like it hold up to Peptapro well in comparison and tastes MUCH better. Much better than any other EAA supplement I've ever used before too. I was thinking all this stuff was, was Kool-aid but given the recovery benefits I've come to the conclusion it's probably actually EAA's :)
Good stuff!

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha it definitely is pretty tastey stuff.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haha it definitely is pretty tastey stuff.
I'm gonna use it next prep as my last/sleep meal. I'll probably throw 3 scoops in my 32oz container and drink it before bed and when I wake up to pee. I liked using CellKEM but it's really expensive. Bulk make my mouth taste like sh!t

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Just picked up two more tubs of AminoD. Gonna use two scoops in my intra from now on bc it masks the taste of 10gr Bulk EAA in my intra pretty awesomely. (Is that a word?) that also gives me over 5gr of Leuicine too
What flavors did you get?

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just picked up two more tubs of AminoD. Gonna use two scoops in my intra from now on bc it masks the taste of 10gr Bulk EAA in my intra pretty awesomely. (Is that a word?) that also gives me over 5gr of Leuicine too
Excellent strategy. Glad it's something you can use! I love the taste myself. I take a 32oz Nalgene bottle to work with me and drink on that during the day. Helps with recovery since I'm on my feet up to 14 hours at a time.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Excellent strategy. Glad it's something you can use! I love the taste myself. I take a 32oz Nalgene bottle to work with me and drink on that during the day. Helps with recovery since I'm on my feet up to 14 hours at a time.
Always great finding a GOOD tasting amino product bc they usually have a sh!t after taste.

I've added some significant size while using AminoD. That's def not the only reason but it's played a big part in my recovery to train more often and being able to talk to people post workout without my mouth smelling like poop from the EAA :)

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Always great finding a GOOD tasting amino product bc they usually have a sh!t after taste. I've added some significant size while using AminoD. That's def not the only reason but it's played a big part in my recovery to train more often and being able to talk to people post workout without my mouth smelling like poop from the EAA :)
Good to hear. Never told us what flavors you got though?

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha honestly they're all pretty good.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
AminOD still exceeding your expectations?

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
AminOD still exceeding your expectations?
Crap. Forgot to post up in here becUse it's just become a staple to be honest. I've been cutting with with bulk EAA just to save a few bucks (ordered 500gr bulk from TN with my HBCD & whey Isolate order) and they cut pretty good. Taste is still on point.

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Crap. Forgot to post up in here becUse it's just become a staple to be honest. I've been cutting with with bulk EAA just to save a few bucks (ordered 500gr bulk from TN with my HBCD & whey Isolate order) and they cut pretty good. Taste is still on point.
That's a good way to use it honestly. Bulk EAA is not the best tasting stuff..... Ha

For me it's a major accomplishment for a product of ours to be a staple. This ones in that category.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
How's things going man?

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How's things going man?
Jut decided to cut back on carbs and training volume. Joints are taking a beating and feel a little run down. Good news is more bang for my buck with only training 4 days a week.

I'll get an uodate pic today as well. Hitting legs but it'll be high volume. My left knee is killing me, really hope I didn't tear my minuscus (been a problem since college) kind of looks and feels that way.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Jut decided to cut back on carbs and training volume. Joints are taking a beating and feel a little run down. Good news is more bang for my buck with only training 4 days a week. I'll get an uodate pic today as well. Hitting legs but it'll be high volume. My left knee is killing me, really hope I didn't tear my minuscus (been a problem since college) kind of looks and feels that way.
Well keep us posted. You were hitting more than 4 days a week?

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I had surgery back when I was about 19 for a torn meniscus. At least its a fairly fast recovery process. (For a knee injury at least)

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice buddy. Lookin Good

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
You got a final review for us?

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bill, do you have a regular training log here on AM as well?

Gosh, I'm so picky about amino products. I've been sticking to Modern BCAA+ tabs lately and just taking like 20 of them haha. Looking forward to your final review.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Final Review

I still have some left over but I feel redundant posting about how awesome these are each day lol.

Taste: 10/10
This shines here NO WICKED AFTER TASTE!!!! The gross amino after taste and breathe doesn't really exist (unless you mix it in a very small amount of water. I love the strawberry Limade. Refreshing

Mixability: 8/10
Doesn't give too much of a problem in a shaker. Minimal mixing issues and no grit

Those two are the biggest issue with any amino supplement and AminoD was top notch and better than pretty much any other EAA supplement is tried.

Recovery was that of Peptapro, didn't notice much of a difference in my intra drink.

I sell training and recommended it to every person interested in a "workout drink to make me not so sore that tastes good"

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
:bigok:

Thanks for the review.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the review buddy. Its always nice to have someone as experienced as yourself run logs and post reviews (positive or negative) because you know your getting an honest review with No BS or unrealistic expectations. Again thanks bud

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like seeing a board veteran in good standing give a review like this, really shouldn't be a doubt in people's' minds now about the product