MST Ultra-Shred Log - Lincoln's Cut

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
shred.jpg

Shred-ULTRA™ combines potent thermogenic & adaptogenic ingredients to promote energy, healthy appetite control & fat burning while providing comprehensive adrenal support.* Adrenal fatigue is a common problem for people who use stimulants regularly and is the main cause of the lethargy, crash, cortisol spike and tolerance build up associated with many traditional weight loss products. Shred-ULTRA™ provides high potency adaptogenic nutrients and herbs to support adrenal function.*

New & Improved!
Super Potent Formula*
Green Coffee Bean Extract
Raspberry Ketones
Coleus Forskohlii
High Potency Adaptogens*
Clean Energy*​

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Like to say thanks to MST for giving me the opportunity to run this and all the free sample goodies. :) Going to be running 5/3/1 with accessory work that I found on Jim Wendler's site. Going to be in the gym 4 times a week, and have 4 cardio session of 2 mile walks. For this log I want to cut up a bit so I will be eating below my TDEE, roughly 500-1000 calorie deficient every day, looking to cut 2lbs a week. Protein will stay consistently high, with moderate fats and carbs will be manipulated between moderate and low.

Stats;
5'9
180lbs

Max(s);
Bench: 300lbs
Squat:500lbs
Deadlift:400lbs
Military Press: 180lbs

Shred Ultra Dosing;
3pills, 2 times a day. (6 capsules a day)
First dose before workout and second mid day.

Staples;
Vitamin C: 3g dailly
Creatine Mono 5g daily
Cod oil 3g daily
Multi
AR-5 BCAA

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Video Log #1 Intro

[video=youtube;SAnpVVgPCik]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAnpVVgPCik&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Just a bit of an intro. To go into more detail later about food/training later on. To clear up what I was asking in the end.. Has anyone experienced extreme abdominal muscle tightness after performing an ab exercise after their typical leg work? It was the weirdest thing as my whole abdominal area tightened up and I was just frozen in a kind of pain.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Aug 31st

Started up today, noticed I was more fierce in the gym than usual and weights felt lighter. Explored the gym a bit and found the leg extension machines and a calf raising machine, so giving those a try. Energy was smooth for the most part, by the second dosage I found that I was getting real warm and a bit uncomfortable, but that is to be expected as I started out at max dosage. Hunger was nonexistent as I had to force myself to take back my food.

Training;
Squat
Warm up- 1x5x180, 1x5x225, 1x3x270
Working sets- 1x5x290, 1x5x335,1x5x380
Front squat- 3x10x180
Leg press- 1x10x720, 1x10x820, 1x10x1,010
Leg extension- 3x10x110
Calf raise- 3x10x110
Crunch- 3x10x60, 2 sets body weight

Breakfast; chicken nuggets, protein shake
Lunch; 1 cup of peanuts, some milk
Dinner; chicken breast & rice, protein shake

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Sep. 1st
Happy Labor Day all! Woke up a bit sickish, there is a stomach flu going around so might of got a little bit of that. Rested up in the morning and hit up the gym later on for chest/tricep day. Left my workout log at home so kind of winged it. Felt like a really short workout compared to leg day.

Bench
1x5x90
1x5x120
1x3x135

1x5x155
1x5x180
1x5x200
Close grip bench press: 3x10x180
Db incline press: 3x10x70 (each dumbell)
Overhead extension: 3x10x85
Tricep pulldown: 3x10x110

Breakfast; chicken nuggets and rice
Lunch; protein shake, 1 cup of peanuts
Dinner; chicken breast, garlic cheese noodles

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Solid workout. Hope you're not sick
Thanks. Yeah I've been kind of sickish but I'm pretty much fully recovered. It didn't really effect any of my workouts except for yesterday's, which I will post in a bit, strength was down and felt like puking, but that could be because I was pushing it too hard while recovering from that stomach virus. In hindsight I probably shouldn't be lifting while sick/recovering, but I'm pretty much over it.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
September 3rd
My worst day for this log and hopefully the last bad day I will have. Hit up the gym and found I had lost a great amount of strength and throughout the workout from beginning to end felt like throwing up. Pushed through and did the minimum amount, didn't really push it. Looking forward to Friday workout and crushing the weights harder as I couldn't push it this day.

Deadlift;
1x5x145
1x5x180
1x3x215
1x5x235
1x5x270
1x5x305
Db row: 3x10x70,75,80
Shrug: 3x10x180
Lat pulldown: 3x10x150
Hamstring curl: 3x10x110

Breakfast: 1cup of peanuts, protein shake
Lunch: turkey
Dinner: chicken breast, stouffer mac, protein shake

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
September 5th
Strength was more on point today, that being said I wasn't overly struggling by the end of the workout. Added in some exercises that I never did before so started off the weights a bit light on them. The two exercises are side laterals and face pulls, I've been doing some research and found that I was barely working my rear delts, so hoping to see some easy gains on that and nail down the form of these two exercises.

Overhead press
1x5x65
1x5x80
1x3x95
1x5x120
1x5x135
1x1x155
Side laterals: 3x10x20DBs
Face pull: 3x10x150
Barbell curl: 3x10x95
Concentration curl: 3x10x45DB
Hammer curl: 3x10x45DB

Breakfast; protein shake, 1 cup of peanuts
Lunch; 4 servings of milk, turkey
Dinner; chicken breast, rice

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
September 7
Smooth workout today. Strength has been shaky, but that is to be expected from everything. Made improvements in almost each exercise except for a few. Haven't been documenting my cardio so just gonna fill in the blank on that, I do 2 mile walks on all days I'm not in the gym. Get pretty crazy sweats on that 2 mile walk, usually I wouldn't be and in the gym I have been sweating more so I frequently drink from the fountain between sets.

Squats;
1x5x180
1x5x225
1x3x270
1x3x315
1x3x360
1x3x405
Front squat; 3x10x140
Leg press; 1x10x720x 1x10x810, 1x10x910
Leg extension; 3x10x130
Calf raise; 3x10x150

Breakfast: Soft Pretzel, protein shake
Lunch: cup of peanuts, chicken nuggets
Dinner: 4patty hamburger, baked potato slices

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Great workout
Thanks man. Anyone else experience random pumps in triceps or calves from your knowledge? Been getting some wicked pumps in my tris and calves randomly recently.

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man. Anyone else experience random pumps in triceps or calves from your knowledge? Been getting some wicked pumps in my tris and calves randomly recently.
Not from my knowledge. I'm also running Shred Ultra currently. I'm really liking that I haven't felt any tolerance build up. Three caps still feels like three caps to me even though I'm a couple of weeks in.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Not from my knowledge. I'm also running Shred Ultra currently. I'm really liking that I haven't felt any tolerance build up. Three caps still feels like three caps to me even though I'm a couple of weeks in.
Weirddd, have never experienced random pumps in tri or calves. Yeah I was consistently wired last week, but that also was probably because I was pretty drained from everything so it picked me up. Going to post another update today with an added in video, but after I get home, at school right now.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
[video=youtube;aRoIIEKdwzE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRoIIEKdwzE[/video]

Log #2 fixed the quality on the video, for some reason the other wasn't hd.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
September 8th
So today weighed myself in the morning before eating anything, found that I'm at 171lbs now. This wasn't much of a surprise as my pants fit much better now and are not uncomfortable. Mostly a drop in water but still a big difference from last weigh in. My set goal for the end of this log will probably be between 168-170 not too far away, but don't want to go down too fast.

Training-
Bench; 1x5x90 1x5x110 1x3x135 1x3x155 1x3x180 1x3x200
Close grip bench: 3x10x155
Incline db press: 3x10x80
Tricep pulldown: 1x10x110, 1x12x90, 1x16x60
Overhead Exten.: 3x10x80

Breakfast; protein shake, 1cup of peanuts
Lunch; 4 servings of milk, turkey
Dinner; chicken breast, rice

MySTeek

MySTeek

Awards
  • Established
Great work so far, Mr President!

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
September 10th
Rough workout today. Messed up my form on deadlift on my last set and felt like I tore my right bicep/rotator cuff. The rest of the workout went somewhat smoothly beyond my arm throbbing. Luckily tomorrow is a rest day so hopefully all will be well for overhead press day.

Deadlift
1x5x145
1x5x180
1x3x215
1x3x250
1x3x290
1x1x325
DB row: 1x10x70, 1x10x80, 1x10x85
Shrug: 3x10x180
Lat pulldown: 1x10x135, 1x8x150x 1x10x90
Hamstring curl: 1x10x90, 1x10x110, 1x10x130

Breakfast; 4servings of milk, turkey
Lunch; cup of peanuts, protein shake
Dinner; hamburger, chicken nuggets

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
Hope everything is good to go with your shoulder. Definitely don't want to mess that up

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Great work so far, Mr President!
Ha thank you. It is funny because a buddy of mine just got off a cycle(prohormone) and he says he could of gained more but his life got a bit hectic so he is really down about it. I just shook my head and told him even though he is off doesn't mean you don't gain, it might be harder to do, but if you push it you will become stronger and bigger. This log is a pretty good indicator as I am still gaining strength slightly in a cut even though it was a bit shaky last week.

Hope everything is good to go with your shoulder. Definitely don't want to mess that up
It is good as new. Today was shoulders/bicep day and all was good.

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
Ha thank you. It is funny because a buddy of mine just got off a cycle(prohormone) and he says he could of gained more but his life got a bit hectic so he is really down about it. I just shook my head and told him even though he is off doesn't mean you don't gain, it might be harder to do, but if you push it you will become stronger and bigger. This log is a pretty good indicator as I am still gaining strength slightly in a cut even though it was a bit shaky last week.

It is good as new. Today was shoulders/bicep day and all was good.
Good!

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Ah man been doing the math after looking in my bottle I notice there is only like a few more days supply left. Boy does time fly.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
September 13th
Didn't update this yesterday so going to do that now. Hit up the gym yesterday and mixed up my bicep work, which I think was very effective as they are sore as hell now. I think I've found that my biceps are being overshadowed by my triceps by a bit, which might be because I'm trying to train both muscles in the same way. It has worked in the past but my biceps have plateaued from it.

OH Press
1x5x65
1x5x80
1x3x95
1x3x115
1x3x130
1x3x145
Side laterals: 3x10x25, 2x12x20
Face pulls: 1x10x135, 1x10x150, 1x10x165
Bar curls: 2x10x105, 1x10x95
Superset-concentration curls: 1x10x40, 1x6x55, 1x10x40
Superset-hammer curls: 1x10x55, 1x12x40, 1x10x55

Breakfast: protein shake, cup of peanuts
Lunch: chicken breast
Dinner: chicken thighs, chips

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
September 14th
Kind of ****ed up in the gym today. Messed up my reps on my squat so didn't lift as heavy. Mixed up the rest of my routine seeing as I goofed badly on my main lift. Experimented with some rep ranges and threw in some different finishers.

Squat; 1x5x180, 1x5x225, 1x3x270
1x5x380, 1x1x405
Front squat: 1x10x180, 1x10x190, 1x10x200
Leg press: dropset- 1x20x640, 1x15x540, 1x8x450
Leg Exten.: 2x10x130, 1x10x150, 90 to failure.
Calf raise: 1x15x170, 1x10x210, 1x15x170

Breakfast; 4 servings of milk, cup of peanuts
Lunch; turkey sandwich, protein shake
Dinner; chicken and rice

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
Still looks like a solid time in the gym though, brotha

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Still looks like a solid time in the gym though, brotha
Thanks man, just got bummed cause I goofed up in the beginning of the workout, but I think I made up for it by the end.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Final Review

This stuff is potent and hits you hard every day of use. From day one I used max dosage and every other day after felt the same spring as the previous day. That has to be the great thing about this product, it has added on adrenaline support so no adapting after a week of same dosages. Even though some days I was clearing only 1500 calories I still wrecked in the gym. I did up the calories for a few days because of being sick, so ultimately felt like I could of lost more, but need to help out the immunity. Hit all time personal records on a few different exercises, one in the beginning being the leg press. The first few days were a bit shaky as I was using max dose (6pills), so I could barely relax, it wasn't a jittery energy, but like a smooth clarity. Wasn't really prepared for it, but it defiantly helped me focus in on class and I was 2 weeks ahead in my homework in all classes after all was said and done. :eek: I'd personally not recommend taking full dose of 6 pills if you are cutting as it was a killer the first week cause of dramatic water drop, unless you are supplementing with sodium. Another thing I have to say is that these pills are huuuuuge compared to other fat burners I have taken, they were no trouble taking, but it did peak my interest when I first opened the bottle. Loved this stuff for preworkout, but even more so for studying/school. ;) Gonna order another bottle and run that in November, want to get to at least 9%bf before bulking in winter.

Starting Weight: 180lbs
View attachment 107000

Ending Weight: 171lbs
View attachment 107001

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
Final Review

This stuff is potent and hits you hard every day of use. From day one I used max dosage and every other day after felt the same spring as the previous day. That has to be the great thing about this product, it has added on adrenaline support so no adapting after a week of same dosages. Even though some days I was clearing only 1500 calories I still wrecked in the gym. I did up the calories for a few days because of being sick, so ultimately felt like I could of lost more, but need to help out the immunity. Hit all time personal records on a few different exercises, one in the beginning being the leg press. The first few days were a bit shaky as I was using max dose (6pills), so I could barely relax, it wasn't a jittery energy, but like a smooth clarity. Wasn't really prepared for it, but it defiantly helped me focus in on class and I was 2 weeks ahead in my homework in all classes after all was said and done. :eek: I'd personally not recommend taking full dose of 6 pills if you are cutting as it was a killer the first week cause of dramatic water drop, unless you are supplementing with sodium. Another thing I have to say is that these pills are huuuuuge compared to other fat burners I have taken, they were no trouble taking, but it did peak my interest when I first opened the bottle. Loved this stuff for preworkout, but even more so for studying/school. ;) Gonna order another bottle and run that in November, want to get to at least 9%bf before bulking in winter.

Starting Weight: 180lbs
View attachment 107000

Ending Weight: 171lbs
View attachment 107001
Thanks, brotha.

Do you mind posting your review here (http://anabolicminds.com/forum/product-review/210736-shred-ultra-90-a.html) as well?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the review! Looks like you definitely had great results from it.