Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Got a shiny tub of this stuff waiting for me when I got home from work Friday:

mf bottle.jpg

So here we have 5g of Glutamine/serving, 3g of Fiber, & 500iu of Vit D thrown in for good measure (because there's about 50 reasons your diet can only benefit from more D).

Here's the breakdown:

mf panel.jpg

Directions say to mix one level scoop w/ 8-16oz water and consume immediately, 1-4 times/day. Glutamine runs through the system pretty quickly, so multiple doses/day are likely the best way to maximize the recovery.

Hoping to improve digestion of foods (I've recently decided to pursue the 220lb weightclass & have accordingly had to increase how much I eat) and promote faster recovery with the help of Muscle Fiber.

Currently training for a powerlifting meet 6wks from now on October 11th, and trying to recover from & keep up with my training is of paramount importance right now this close to the competition.

Thanks so much to Finaflex for the chance to see what this new product can do!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Some initial first impressions:

This is a pretty big tub; just shy of 1lb of white, soft powder. Not grainy or gritty, softer like waxy maize starch but not remotely as messy.

This stuff mixes AWESOME. Shaker or just a spoon/fork in a cup of water work equally well. Water turns slightly cloudy.

Taste is truly nonexistent. Drank it a couple times in about 16-20oz water and no different than regular water. NO bad smells or tastes.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Took some with my preworkout drink before Friday night's squatting, & immediately post in my shake. Then again before bed. It's now Sunday and legs/back aren't very sore at all (definitely improved compared to normal).

I've been drinking 2-3 servings through the day since Friday evening and thus far already feel like muscle recovery has been positively affected. Also trained my accessory day yesterday and not really sore from that either.

It's worth noting this is the first time I've used Glutamine over 5g, and on a multiple-dose/day protocol. So far so good!

S

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
1st

another guy dosing pre & post workout, interesting
will enjoy following this

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
1st

another guy dosing pre & post workout, interesting
will enjoy following this
Not necessarily, but I'll prob try to implement this some. Certainly didn't hurt! I routinely hit the jon before I leave for the gym, so I wanted to see how the fiber would treat my stomach on just some protein, pbutter & oats. No issues. No issues with any dose thus far. If anything things are better.

We shall monitor and see!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Inb4 it comes out.

Very detailed, as always, Hyde.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'll sub to dis here intestinal log

turff49

turff49

Awards
In on this too. Great log so far. Not messy or stained...

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In on this too. Great log so far. Not messy or stained...
I see what you did there! Lol

Great to have all of you around! Please feel free to ask & discuss away in this log if there's anything you wanna know about Muscle Fiber or how I'm using it.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Hy hide!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm in

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Day 4

Welcome!

I see what you did there.

Ate 2/3 of a batch of hamburger helper last night, half of it at 8, then the rest at 9. Dranked some Muscle Fiber in between & I think it really made the 2nd half much more manageable. Proceeded to demolish a huge chocolate oreo concrete then around 10pm.

I was dropping weight too fast, but fixed that problem. Was 215ish after bathroom this morning. Just not used to eating for 220 weightclass yet.

Today was Explosive Deadlift training, & drank Muscle Fiber w/ preworkout meal & postworkout meal.

Deadlift 135x10, 5, 225x5, 315x2, 355x2x6 sets
4" Blockpulls 380x5x2 sets
2" Deficit 330x6x2 sets
2" Blockpulls w/ Mini Bands 315x1, 365, 415 (plus 40lbs tension?)
Lat Pulldowns 140x15x3, 150x15
Bbell Shrugs 275x10, 315x10x2
Db Farmer's Walks 100s x30 sec x3 sets walking various directions
McGill Pullups BWx10

Time for BBQ later on :)

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Love block pulls. That's my B3 in the DC program, what do you have your calories at for you to reach 220?

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hamburger helper sounds yummy....

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Love block pulls. That's my B3 in the DC program, what do you have your calories at for you to reach 220?
On that seafood diet brother. Mainly just trying to hold weight around 212-216. If it moves to either extreme I adjust the eats to keep it there. Waking up at 212 was the signal to put the hammer down this weekend; problem solved w/ some hotdogs, potato salad, and porksteaks last night :biggthumpup:

Protein source at every meal. Lifting days I'm eating 250-300 carbs (usually closer to 250) between meals 2-5 (5 being preworkout) with healthy fat added at meals 1 & 5. Then 50g carbs from Karbolyn and 2 scoops Amino IV intra. Usually 2-6 serving of veggies, w/ 2-4 being the norm. Scoop of Isolate post and one more meal, or a big blend protein shake w/ some nut butter and that's it if it's pretty late. So carbs are prob 350.

Off-days like today veggies and fats go up a little, and carbs drop both over meals 2-5 as well as losing the intra shake. So carbs are prob 150 or less.

This is my mon-friday diet. Weekends vary radically, and as I'll actually slowly lose weight on my work diet I usually have a lot of lenience on the weekends depending on goals. Protein is prob close to 300 most days, never under 200 even on weekends.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I should note that I'm not sporting any abs at this weight, and it's taken a bit of ego-checking to let things get sloppier. But the power is just there, all the time stronger, and I know I need to gain some more weight before I bother cutting some fat.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Day 5

I wanted to lift so bad today, no DOMS even after that killer workout yesterday. None. Tomorrow is heavy bench, and I'm gonna lay it down!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In short: eat all the things.

Yes?

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Eww getem doo'

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Day 7

In short: eat all the things.

Yes?
Well, it's actually pretty structured, but the weekends that goes out the window other than I shoot for 100-150g carbs preworkout over 2 meals since I tend to sleep in and then lift mid afternoon as opposed to starting lifting at 6-6:30. This setup has proven to work really well from both a performance & enjoying life perspective. I don't carry any guilt; if I want something I have it but usually at least 80% of my weeks intake is from what I consider clean nutrition sources.

Eww getem doo'
Boyyyy, did I :firedevil:

Yesterday was Week 5 of the Cube, Heavy Bench

Competition Grip Benchpress 45x5, 5, 95x5, 135x5, 185x5, 215x2, 230x2, 2, 2
CGBP 240x2x2
4-Board Press 255x1
3-Board Press 275x1
1-Board Press 285x1
1" Off Chest Pause Press 215x5, 5
Neutral Grip Pulldowns 150x15, 15, 140x15, 15
Seated Rear Delt Flys 20x15, 15, 15, 15
Neutral Grip Pullups 8, 6, 6

After all my prescribed heavy work, I started working down boards w/ my comp grip and working up weight, pressing 285 off a 1-board on my chest, which means I can certainly do it off my chest if I was fresh. 281 is my best in competition, & with 5 more weeks to train things are looking good!

Muscle Fiber is def increasing my movements. Not immediately after taking it or anything, but I went from being regular to usually having a 2nd smaller passage somewhere throughout the day. I also think it might be helping with digestion whenever I drink it alongside beef meals.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Definitely something to note!
I've tried it twice now in my preworkout drink, which is consumed a while after a bowl of rolled oats, 2 scoops of pro blend, & 1-2tbsp of pb. I think it helps with the oats too. Not a huge difference; these were foods I enjoyed regularly as is. But things just seem to be working smoother, and I'll keep an eye on it.

turff49

turff49

Awards
Good info here!

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
In for pics

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Day 8

Been using Muscle Fiber at 2 scoops/day last 2 days. Back to one movement/day. Big music festival this weekend so will prob stick to 2/day this weekend.

Wk 5, Rep Squat

Squat 45x5, 5, 135x5, 225x5, 315x2, 355x6, 7, 6 (PR)
Oly Squat 375x3, 1
Beltless Pause Squat 275x6, 295x6 (PR)
Lying Leg Curl 110x15, 15, 15
Back Extensions BWx12, +45x12, 12, 12
Hang from Handles til Grip Fails BWx3 sets

I hate Rep Squat day. I tried for a double on the 2nd olympic set, but I just couldn't come off up off my calves I was so gassed from the volume of squatting prior to it.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Day 11

Saturday morning hit a PR on Strict OHP - 155x7+1 after 20-30 sec rest. Did some floorpesses, tri extensions, facepulls, kb swings, and superlight leg extensions to help move blood after Fri night's squatting.

Music Festival was boss. Anyone who's never heard of Vintage Trouble, check this out:

[video=youtube;7XyUcJiXOi4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XyUcJiXOi4[/video]

These guys played about 10ft from my face. Got the lead singer's backsweat on me when he came out into the pit. Like James Brown meets Mick Jagger. Epic live performance; topped the festival in my opinion.

I only took 1 scoop/day on sat & sun to avoid having to sit in the porto-potties. Didn't go at all on saturday and Sunday morn after my dose had an epic movement. Muscle Fiber is so easy to predict/implement. Soreness also wasn't too bad all weekend considering I had Rep squat friday and was walking/standing ALL day sat & sun.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Tonight was

Wk6, Rep Deadlift

Deadlift 135x10, 5, 225x5, 315x5, 365x2, 405x8, 8
4" Blockpulls (beltless) 430x3, 2
2" Deficit Dead 380x8, 8
Widegrip Pulldowns 120x15, 130x15, 15, 15
HS Shrugs 115/side x10, 10, 10
Db Farmer's 120s, 110s, 95s til failure
Averagegrip Pullups 6, 5 ss w/ same grip pulldowns 150x10

Feeling beat up. Come on, Glutamine! Smashed some pre & post workout today in addition to my morning dose. Hoping to curb the DOMS as best as possible from all the heavy pulling.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pullin' like a boss.

Congrats on the OHP PR.

You're a braver man than I. I might've skipped my daily dose if a public portopotty was my only bathroom option.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
God I love the cubes programming. Looks like your gains are making gains.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Pullin' like a boss.

Congrats on the OHP PR.

You're a braver man than I. I might've skipped my daily dose if a public portopotty was my only bathroom option.
I was a little worried, but it panned out really well somehow. And thank you; strict OHP is a tough lift for me to grow. Looking for the day when I can rep 225 :)

God I love the cubes programming. Looks like your gains are making gains.
I freakin' HATE the rep day on squat and dead. The only time it's good is the last 3wk wave, which starts next wk. Volume is dropped further as weight % continues to increase, and the rep days serve more to get some additional heavy work in close to the meet vs a hypertrophy-focus like they are in the first wave. I really hope I'm ready in time. I've got 5 wks counting this wk, but I wanna smash PRs in all 3 lifts. I wanna total over 1,300 this time.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Day 14

Off-day

Yesterday
Wk 6, Explosive Bench

Comp grip Bench 45x5, 5, 95x5, 5, 135x5, 185x2x 6 sets
CGBP 205x5
Comp grip Bench 235x1, 265x1
CGBP 205x5, 5
1" Pause off Chest 185x8, 8, 8
Widegrip Pulldowns 140x15, 15, 120x15, 15
Cable Side Raises ss w/ Cable Front Raises 10lbs x12/10, 12/10, 12/10
Pullups 10, 6, 6

Took 2 scoops of MF other morning in my shake, no noticeable difference in movements and mixed just as well w/ no extra liquid. This stuff mixes awesome.

If you leave your drink for a while, drinking it VERY slowly, it will settle, but mixes back up very easily. And when it mixes it stays mixed really well. You don't have to shotgun it; I have it with a sitdown dinner and it doesn't remotely separate. I'm talking like 90 min sitting.

S

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
90min sitting?!! holy wow
note directions for use - drink immediately after mixing!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
90min sitting?!! holy wow
note directions for use - drink immediately after mixing!
Oh, I know - I double-read everything. But I'm also testing boundaries, because inquiring minds want to know. I had it in a shaker of water/mio flavor last wknd as we headed out the door. This is "backup hydration" to get me to and from wherever my next meal and hydration will be lol. But it shakes right back up perfectly, even after sitting for a couple hours in the car.

Had some BIG movements last couple days, but staying regular at once/day right now in general. Recovery is good.

Which is good, because I'm squatting tonight and gonna be in a car all day tomorrow :bigeyes2:

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Day 15

Tonight's training

Wk6, Heavy Squat

Competition Squat 45x5, 5, 135x5, 225x5, 315x3, 375x2, 2, 2
Olympic Squat (ATG) 395x2, 2 (PR city baby!)
Beltless Pause Squat 355x5, 5 (PRs also)
Db Farmer's Walks 100s x3 trips at least 30 sec
Lying Leg Curl 110x15, 15, 15
Back Extensions BW+25x12, 45x12, 60x12, 70x12
Mid Grip Palms-Facing Pullups 10, 7, 6

Holy crap I was strong as all getout tonight. Never squat 395 hams-on-calves, and I did 2 doubles with it after some heavier doubles in my competition stance/bar placement. And the control on the pause squats at this weight is insane. I'm gonna smash some PR's at this meet.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh, here we are.

Very nice PRs...

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice PR's... guess that box of spaghetti fueled the fire!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Day 16

Woke up at 5am to go w/ a buddy to Indy to help him buy a car. Red 06 Corvette Z06, huge head/cam/intake and tuned to run on E85. Thing is a beast, 611 horsepower to the tire and over 500ft lbs. We got pulled over about 5 min after leaving the guy's house for no plates (of course). Cops let us go since they couldn't pin us for anything.

Had a giant fried meal at Gray Bros Cafeteria. If you're ever around there, it's worth your time:

photo (6).JPG

Finally got home. Press/accessory training isn't happening. Gf wants to go to the food festival in Forest Park. I'm kind of done binging on crappy foods. I know this is prob not the best mentality when I'm struggling to gain (clean) weight right now, but a man can only eat so much grease!

I could go for some chicken breast and spinach right about now...

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That is a lot of grease.. Fried food makes me feel sick, tbh. It doesn't stop me from eating it from time to time though

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That is a lot of grease.. Fried food makes me feel sick, tbh. It doesn't stop me from eating it from time to time though
I have a pretty iron stomach, and I took half of it almost to go for a 2nd meal later. I watch the scale hard when I'm trying to gain, and try to make constant adjustments. If I lose weight I have to get more aggressive, and if the scale rises more than 2lbs in a day I have to pull back a little til things smooth out to evaluate.

I don't like a fixed diet, or counting calories (especially while bulking) so I just try to make steady progress for now. 1lb/wk would be perfect.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Day 17

The is quite the tray of food Hyde!
Boy you aren't kidding. I had to take half of that tenderloin beast home for the next meal!

Tonight had some wonderful green steak curry and rice; went out w/ the gf for Asian. So good; wish you guys could have tried it!

This morning mixed 2 scoops of Muscle Fiber w/ plain water and drank it w/ my 6 eggs + salsa for meal one. The water was just as good as normal, even with 2 scoops in about 18oz. Muscle Fiber works as well plain as it does in shakes or flavored drinks!

I've been very regular lately, but it's been perfect. Not messy, not a constipated battle. Just smooth, 1/day sailing. Loving it.

Accessory Day

Strict Standing Press 45x10, 95x8, 115x8, 135x5, 145x5, 155x5, 165x5, 135x10 (PR)
Floor Press 45x10, 135x5, 185x5
-added elbow sleeves 225x5
-added Full Boar Slingshot 245x5, 265x5
-added wrist wraps 285x4
Widegrip HS Rows 2pps x20, 3x12, 12, 12, 3+25 x8, 8
Rope Tricep Pressdown Worked down the stack, 5 reps/weight, no rest, failed at 65 then back up the stack+40 reps at the lowest settings
Ez Bar Curl ss w/ Face Pulls 40x15, 50x15, 15, 15 & 4x20 at various weights

Floor Press was a blast. My elbow sleeves aren't supportive, but the material is heavy enough that combined w/ the Slingshot it ties them in like sleeves on a bench shirt. Massive amount of support/pop. I just wanted some heavy tri work and to get some bigger weight on my hands. Bonus; my elbow didn't hurt like it normally would on floor press and nothing hurts or is sore. Gear is so joint friendly.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What do the wrist wraps do on benching?

Congrats on the PR and BR.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Hyde Supplement Logs 176
Hyde Supplement Logs 186