Gut Relief - FinaFlex Muscle Fiber Log

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
I'd like to thank FinaFlex for the opportunity to log this unique product.

Some BACKGROUND INFO ON ME
  • Supplement fiber regularly, try to get ~20g soluble and ~40g insoluble per day. Main sources are fiber rich cereals (Allbran, Fiber One), fiber rich bars (Fiber One, Quest) and some psyllum husk now and then.
  • I try to incorporate as much greek yogurt as my budget allows. Probiotic source of choice.
  • Coming off a long antibiotic run, gut is literally in the ****ters ATM. Still regular, but you can tell stuff isn't digesting very well, I get bloating, gas, food doesn't sit well, etc.
  • Never taken a fiber supplement before (except psyllum husk, bought bulk)
  • Never taken a glutamine supplement before
  • Will be taking alongside a probiotic supplement (first time using one, Now 50 billion)

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
UNBOXING

First thing I noticed is god damn -that's a big tub! This is because 1) it has 60 servings and 2) each serving is quite large.
The packaging is a very modern sleek white tub. It is sealed for freshness/quality with a standard aluminum glue-on/rip-off seal. Comes off as they normally due leaving some stuck on the sides. No powder floating out as soon as I opened. No strong smells. Scoop was on the top.

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
RESERVED FOR MIXABILITY/FIRST THOUGHTS
Took first dose on an empty stomach. Had a meal 15-20m later.

MIXABILITY
Mixed in 8oz cold water. Mixability was quite bad. Clumped and fell to the bottom. Mixing with a spoon helped dissolve only about 50% of the powder.

TASTE
Honestly, horrible. Tastes artificial and is hard to get down. Reminds me of bulk instantized leucine (both mixability and taste).
I'm plan to try the following two things:
1) Throw the powder in my mouth and chase with water/drink
2) Flavor with leftover protein flavoring I have. I have vanilla, lemon pie, cinnamon roll and chocolate mint.

IMMEDIATE REACTION
No diarrhea, need to visit the bathroom, stomach discomfort or other sides.

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
RESERVED FOR LOG SUMMARY & FINAL REVIEW

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is gonna be good...

turff49

turff49

Awards
Interesting. Mine mixed with a spoon. 20 seconds. And it totally dissolved. Also, mine had no taste whatsoever.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is that a normal or atypical response to when you drink powders?

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
Is that a normal or atypical response to when you drink powders?
That they taste bad? No really. My taste buds are fine. Just tried another serving and can verify to me it has a strong aftertaste. I tried flavoring it with the lemon pie, helped a bit with the initial flavor but the main problem (aftertaste) is still present. I'm surprised I'm the only one seeing this.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That they taste bad? No really. My taste buds are fine. Just tried another serving and can verify to me it has a strong aftertaste. I tried flavoring it with the lemon pie, helped a bit with the initial flavor but the main problem (aftertaste) is still present. I'm surprised I'm the only one seeing this.
Everyone just responds differently.

I was just curious if mixing powders was something that just outright didn't appeal to you.

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
Everyone just responds differently.

I was just curious if mixing powders was something that just outright didn't appeal to you.
I honestly don't get the question lol. If your asking if I'm too lazy or don't like stirring that's not the case.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I honestly don't get the question lol. If your asking if I'm too lazy or don't like stirring that's not the case.
No, no, not at all.

For example, some people cringe at the thought of taking pills, powders, etc.

Was just asking if this applied to your personality.

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
No, no, not at all.

For example, some people cringe at the thought of taking pills, powders, etc.

Was just asking if this applied to your personality.
Nop. Supplement junkie right here. In fact I use bulk leucine on the regular, which is probably one of the most disgusting things you could drink. Mucle Fiber isn't at that level but it certainly no G8.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nop. Supplement junkie right here. In fact I use bulk leucine on the regular, which is probably one of the most disgusting things you could drink. Mucle Fiber isn't at that level but it certainly no G8.
Lol. There isn't anything I can think of that matches the new G8 flavor.

My wife won't come around me when dumping bulk BCAA's into a shaker. Says it make her want to gag.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yep this guys is thorough. That I like. Let's see how this unfolds.

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
Closing up the day. 3 doses.
I apologize for the following, but it's a necessary part of this review.
My first stool of the day was inconsistent. There was a single wet shart (been getting these a lot since I started antibiotics, much less since I incorporated probitics and prebiotics). Last real stool of the day was perfect. Too early to tell if it's the MF's (Muscle Fiber) doing but hopefully it'll become something consistent.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
hopefully it'll become something consistent.
pun intended?
I appreciate you going where no man really cares to go with regards to descriptive benefits...that of course is part of the importance of the product..excellent

turff49

turff49

Awards
Good details in here. No apologies needed. We need to know.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
pun intended?
I appreciate you going where no man really cares to go with regards to descriptive benefits...that of course is part of the importance of the product..excellent
Pun 100% intended.
Had an unsettled stomach after breakfast today. This has been a constant up to now. Something to monitor or improvement.

2 scoops whey
2 tbsps cocoa
1 scoop pb2
1/2 cup cheerios
1/2 cup kashis
1/2 cup allbran
1 cup Lipton tea
1 scoop MF

(No didn't mix it all together, that would give anyone a bad stomache ache)

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ooh. Tasty looking breakfast.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
SHould be interesting to see if the Muscle Fiber can sort you out. Great detail so far (even the sh*tty stuff...)

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
Breakfast was tolerated better today than the other day. Huge meal at flat top went down fine. Just a little bit bloated after but not bad considering the amount of food.

Dosed in the morning and ~1h after the feast.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Did it mix/taste any differently?

Happy to hear your stomach wasn't as unsettled today.

turff49

turff49

Awards
hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
Here's some updated pics:

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
The fact that I didn't want to die after every single one of those meals is a sign to me that gut health is improving.

The escape pipe has been ok. A little too watery for my taste, but the good kind, maybe lot's of bacteria being pushed out. I'm seeing less solids, and more importantly I'm having less 'sharts'

turff49

turff49

Awards
The fact that I didn't want to die after every single one of those meals is a sign to me that gut health is improving. The escape pipe has been ok. A little too watery for my taste, but the good kind, maybe lot's of bacteria being pushed out. I'm seeing less solids, and more importantly I'm having less 'sharts'
Glad everything is gliding though!

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
that's some funky underwear you're wearing in that top pic...where do you shop at?

great news on the sharts, that tickles our hearts!

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
that's some funky underwear you're wearing in that top pic...where do you shop at?

great news on the sharts, that tickles our hearts!
21st century posing trunks lol

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glad to hear things are moving through you well. I have never had 'Steak and Shake'. Although, I have seen it a time or two when in the USA.

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
Glad to hear things are moving through you well. I have never had 'Steak and Shake'. Although, I have seen it a time or two when in the USA.
Their shakes are good, as are the melts. I don't like their burgers at all.

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
I apologize for the lack of updates. There's just no acute effects to report. Simply put, I feel my gut health is improving substantially, and I think MF has played a good part in that. 2 scoops a day, usually on an empty stomach is more or less what I've been doing. Even preworkout, with/without food never had problems with it.

Digestively, I have much less average bloating and stools are much better than they were 2 weeks ago. I say average because I still have gotten bloating and still do get sharts or loose stool, but it's MUCH less frequent now.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
no worries on update frequency bro - if nothing stands out, no pressure to have you post just to post
if you notice something worth discussing, discuss!
if not, then 1-2x weekly peeking your head in to let us know you are alive, is all good

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Solid update ... we are glad that Muscle Fiber is helping you resolve your digestive issues.

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
So interesting thing, I kinda was on the road and busy for two days and didn't really get around to dosing. Coincidentally, those were the two worst bathroom days in a while.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
So interesting thing, I kinda was on the road and busy for two days and didn't really get around to dosing. Coincidentally, those were the two worst bathroom days in a while.
that is interesting indeed..

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I missed a day yesterday myself, felt ridiculously bloated last night.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wonder how long after dosing re-starts that things return to normal, assuming that's the reason...

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
I wonder how long after dosing re-starts that things return to normal, assuming that's the reason...
Mmm I'd say a whole day.

On another note I got blazed and pigged out on pizza and then pizza chocolate chip cookies last night. Woke up 6h later feeling full and somewhat bloated but not that horrible 'I have a brick in me' feeling. Took a squat and stuff cleared out and felt 100%

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What's a pizza chocolate chip cookie?

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
I think he was still blazed when he type that one....
Nah it's a thing. They put a giant chocolate chip cookie in a deep dish pizza oven. Comes out super moist and greasy.

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
...I've seen it all now lol. Carb up?
Not really, more like fat up lol. Kinda a cheat meal but I purposefully left 2K or so for it, but I'm sure I ate about 3.5K but 1.5K extra cals one day won't do any harm.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not really, more like fat up lol. Kinda a cheat meal but I purposefully left 2K or so for it, but I'm sure I ate about 3.5K but 1.5K extra cals one day won't do any harm.
Well from your avatar - you seem to know what your doing anyway lol

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
Well from your avatar - you seem to know what your doing anyway lol
Thanks brah, much appreciated. It's one thing to look good at 5' 6", so props go to you bigger guys who actually have to shift a dozen lbs to see changes

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What is your weight in the pic ??