Feeling the burn with EpiBURN Pro and DCP 2.0

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
I guess I should start this log now. I have a current one going for StimaHOLIC and AminoFusion but not really sure anyone follows that one. I had been asked to do a long on EpiBURN by USPLabs and I know the BPS guys follow any log I do with their products.

I came off a cycle of their Combusion recently and that really set me up well for Epi and DCP. Combustion isn't stim heavy so it was a nice break from that.

Most people ask how EpiBURN compares to the OG oxyelite and you really can't compare the two. OEP had DMAA in it so that made it a step down from Ephedra. EpiBURN uses clean energy and doesn't give jitters or anything like that. It crushes appetite first thing in the morning and if you workout in the afternoon, a second dose will have you sweating buckets. Combine that with DCP and you are sweating through sweatshirts and tshirts at the same time.

Today I did a second leg day of the week in preparation for relaxing this weekend with maybe a few runs worked in (school starts for me online tomorrow and I'll be super busy until December).

I'll try to post my stats later and my attempt at calculating body fat percentage. I only have a tape measure to work with and the first time I did it I was around 25-26% and after 2-3 weeks on EpiBURN I'm at 24.5%. I'm weighing in at 120.8 down from 123 the last few weeks so overall I'm pleased with the progress!!

HawaiianHulk1

HawaiianHulk1

Awards
I guess I should start this log now. I have a current one going for StimaHOLIC and AminoFusion but not really sure anyone follows that one. I had been asked to do a long on EpiBURN by USPLabs and I know the BPS guys follow any log I do with their products. I came off a cycle of their Combusion recently and that really set me up well for Epi and DCP. Combustion isn't stim heavy so it was a nice break from that. Most people ask how EpiBURN compares to the OG oxyelite and you really can't compare the two. OEP had DMAA in it so that made it a step down from Ephedra. EpiBURN uses clean energy and doesn't give jitters or anything like that. It crushes appetite first thing in the morning and if you workout in the afternoon, a second dose will have you sweating buckets. Combine that with DCP and you are sweating through sweatshirts and tshirts at the same time. Today I did a second leg day of the week in preparation for relaxing this weekend with maybe a few runs worked in (school starts for me online tomorrow and I'll be super busy until December). I'll try to post my stats later and my attempt at calculating body fat percentage. I only have a tape measure to work with and the first time I did it I was around 25-26% and after 2-3 weeks on EpiBURN I'm at 24.5%. I'm weighing in at 120.8 down from 123 the last few weeks so overall I'm pleased with the progress!!
Awesome... I've only finished one week of it and I'm loving it.. And for a big dude trying to maintain size, I think I'll have a change of heart and come down in weight.. My strength is still there though

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm looking forward to following along Levyii! Are you planning to work on losing fat until school starts? That's basically what I've been doing, and EpiBURN has been fantastic so far. It looks like you've already got a good start with just over 2 lb. dropped.

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
I'm looking forward to following along Levyii! Are you planning to work on losing fat until school starts? That's basically what I've been doing, and EpiBURN has been fantastic so far. It looks like you've already got a good start with just over 2 lb. dropped.
I actually plan to run the cut through two bottle of EpiBURN with a break after that. I'm trying to get down to 15% body fat or so and have at least 10% still to go.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I actually plan to run the cut through two bottle of EpiBURN with a break after that. I'm trying to get down to 15% body fat or so and have at least 10% still to go.
excellent progress!!!

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey Levyii, how are things going? Do you have any updates for us on your progress?

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
Hey Levyii, how are things going? Do you have any updates for us on your progress?
I'm so sorry it took so long to post updates! I started my masters last week so it's been a bit crazy! So far there actually isn't a change in BF %, and my weight has steadied out at 119.8 but that could be due to the lack of cardio last week. I haven't worked out since Friday but today is a large volume leg day followed by the stair master no matter what lol. I think it's been about a month that I've taken EpiBURN and I'm now starting to feel that "sweating all the time" effects that everyone else was getting. Yesterday in the car on the way to the beach I was sweating through my shirt WITH the AC on. I'm definitely seeing more definition in myself, especially my legs so I'm really excited to see what the next four weeks brings!

HawaiianHulk1

HawaiianHulk1

Awards
I'm so sorry it took so long to post updates! I started my masters last week so it's been a bit crazy! So far there actually isn't a change in BF %, and my weight has steadied out at 119.8 but that could be due to the lack of cardio last week. I haven't worked out since Friday but today is a large volume leg day followed by the stair master no matter what lol. I think it's been about a month that I've taken EpiBURN and I'm now starting to feel that "sweating all the time" effects that everyone else was getting. Yesterday in the car on the way to the beach I was sweating through my shirt WITH the AC on. I'm definitely seeing more definition in myself, especially my legs so I'm really excited to see what the next four weeks brings!
Awesome., congrats on the masters.. keep killing It

TimC

TimC

Awards
Hey what's up guys/gals I haven't tried the EpiBurn yet but can't can't wait to. I'm bulking right now. I'm sure I could prolly still use it I just chose not too. Look forward to booking up with you all on here.

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
Hey what's up guys/gals I haven't tried the EpiBurn yet but can't can't wait to. I'm bulking right now. I'm sure I could prolly still use it I just chose not too. Look forward to booking up with you all on here.
Tim!! It's Michelle! Thanks for joining my log! I gotta do better at posting!

TimC

TimC

Awards
Tim!! It's Michelle! Thanks for joining my log! I gotta do better at posting!
hey what's up I'm about to get involved on here again I used to be on here about a year or so ago and now I'm back lol gonna start up a AminoLIFT and some other threads pretty soon.

HawaiianHulk1

HawaiianHulk1

Awards
hey what's up I'm about to get involved on here again I used to be on here about a year or so ago and now I'm back lol gonna start up a AminoLIFT and some other threads pretty soon.
Let's get it Rollin homie..

HawaiianHulk1

HawaiianHulk1

Awards
Let's get it Rollin homie..

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
are you still using dcp 2.0?

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
are you still using dcp 2.0?
Yes I am but I only have about a day or twos worth left. It's been an amazing addition to my stack!!! I may pick up a second bottle it's been so good!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yes I am but I only have about a day or twos worth left. It's been an amazing addition to my stack!!! I may pick up a second bottle it's been so good!
i agree, it is one of my favorites.

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So what's the word Levyii? How has EpiBURN been treating you? What's your master's in by the way? I just started mine as well (chemistry) so I understand you being super busy! You're hard at work developing both your mind and your body, good for you!

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
So what's the word Levyii? How has EpiBURN been treating you? What's your master's in by the way? I just started mine as well (chemistry) so I understand you being super busy! You're hard at work developing both your mind and your body, good for you!
Cassie! Man I suck at keeping up in this blog! Haha. EpiBURN has been going great! Done my first bottle, on to the next. I'm at 23% body fat at 119.4lbs right now.

Today I did back and bis and I'll post the workout once I get in my computer!

My masters is in HR Management. Nothing like chemistry though! Damn!! We just started classes a few weeks ago!

TimC

TimC

Awards
You both are awesome at going back to school and hitting the gym and balancing life that's awesome! I can't wait to use my EpiBurn I'm hearing such great things about it. One question I do have though is how much does it curb your appetite? IMO all my meals are important and I don't want to be skipping meals cause then my body won't know what's up and store up some meals as fat you know what I'm saying? What's your take on it ladies or guys that have been using it.

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
You both are awesome at going back to school and hitting the gym and balancing life that's awesome! I can't wait to use my EpiBurn I'm hearing such great things about it. One question I do have though is how much does it curb your appetite? IMO all my meals are important and I don't want to be skipping meals cause then my body won't know what's up and store up some meals as fat you know what I'm saying? What's your take on it ladies or guys that have been using it.
Tim,

I actually think it goes a good job delaying my morning meal. I take 2 caps in the am if I know I'm going to workout close to that dose (my other dosing method is one first thing in the am, a second before workout and a third before dinner). If I am running errands and can't get to a meal right away it helps keep me from wanting to eat my entire car first thing in the am, but I don't skip the morning meal, if that makes sense?

my workout yesterday was going to be biceps and shoulders but I did biceps and back instead:

Biceps

Spider curl with E-z bar
7 sets of 10 reps

Standing EZ bar curl
3 sets of 10 reps

Incline DB Curl
3 sets of 10 reps

Cable Hammer curl Rope attachment
7 sets of 12 reps

This was different from my normal bicep routine, I like to switch it up every few weeks so as not to let my body get used to any one routine

Back

Wide grip pull-up (assisted)
3 sets of 10

Chinups (assisted)
3 sets of 10

lateral row hammer strength
4 sets of 12

bent over row DB One hand
4 sets of 12

Straight arm pulldown
7 sets of 12 reps

I've been doing the FST-7 for the last few weeks and love the pump I get each time I do the 7 sets!

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cassie! Man I suck at keeping up in this blog! Haha. EpiBURN has been going great! Done my first bottle, on to the next. I'm at 23% body fat at 119.4lbs right now.

Today I did back and bis and I'll post the workout once I get in my computer!

My masters is in HR Management. Nothing like chemistry though! Damn!! We just started classes a few weeks ago!
Ok, so it looks like your overall weight dropped a tad, but I imagine the mirror is where you notice the most difference. What are you using to measure body fat? I never trusted any of those do-it-yourself methods. HR Management... I don't know the first thing about it lol. It's a busy time no matter what you're going for.

Sweet! Checking it out right now!

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
Ok, so it looks like your overall weight dropped a tad, but I imagine the mirror is where you notice the most difference. What are you using to measure body fat? I never trusted any of those do-it-yourself methods. HR Management... I don't know the first thing about it lol. It's a busy time no matter what you're going for.
Well unfortunately I only have a tape measure to go off of for body fat calculations. I don't have any calipers and didn't want to spend the money on some lol. My husband said he can definitely see that I'm leaning out more and the areas where I tend to hang on to fat the longest are shrinking so that's a good sign!! I'll try to take some "after" pictures. I have "before" photos from back in June so there should be a difference by now :)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Well unfortunately I only have a tape measure to go off of for body fat calculations. I don't have any calipers and didn't want to spend the money on some lol. My husband said he can definitely see that I'm leaning out more and the areas where I tend to hang on to fat the longest are shrinking so that's a good sign!! I'll try to take some "after" pictures. I have "before" photos from back in June so there should be a difference by now :)
be nice if you could post pre and post pics side by side....

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
be nice if you could post pre and post pics side by side....
Absolutely will do! Soon as I get those post pics taken haha. Just cracked open bottle number two of EpiBURN today. I feel an 8 week cycle is best, at least for my body!

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Gotcha. I probably wouldn't bother trying to calculate a percentage from measurements. If they're going down in the right places then that's good enough haha. Photos are an amazing tool to show progress because you look at yourself every day so you might not notice the changes. Looking over progress pictures from previous show preps it is pretty cool to see the transformation, even though some of that time I remember feeling like I wasn't making any progress. I agree with thebigt, post those pics up!

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
So this week weight has stayed the same at 119.4. Keep diet pretty good, maybe salt content was a tad high. Ate pasta last night too lol. Calories are 1417 and I don't eat back workout calories.....but maybe my calories are too low again. I may bump it up to 1500 next week and see what that does. I burn almost 400 calories a day at the gym so maybe that's the problem. Thoughts Cassie?

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So this week weight has stayed the same at 119.4. Keep diet pretty good, maybe salt content was a tad high. Ate pasta last night too lol. Calories are 1417 and I don't eat back workout calories.....but maybe my calories are too low again. I may bump it up to 1500 next week and see what that does. I burn almost 400 calories a day at the gym so maybe that's the problem. Thoughts Cassie?
Are you doing any kind of refeeds or cheat meals, or carb or calorie cycling of some sort? Incorporating refeeds or carb heavy cheat meals has been a huge tool for me to progressively get leaner on a cut. If you're not doing anything like that, I'd start there rather than increasing daily intake.

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
Are you doing any kind of refeeds or cheat meals, or carb or calorie cycling of some sort? Incorporating refeeds or carb heavy cheat meals has been a huge tool for me to progressively get leaner on a cut. If you're not doing anything like that, I'd start there rather than increasing daily intake.
Haven't really dabbled in that at all. Wasn't sure how to do it. I have 124g of carbs a day, do I increase carbs and lower protein and fats while keepig the same calories on a refeed day, or do I increase carbs AND calories? And if refeeding, should carbs be lower the other days? Sorry for all the questions!! You are a wealth of knowledge!!

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haven't really dabbled in that at all. Wasn't sure how to do it. I have 124g of carbs a day, do I increase carbs and lower protein and fats while keepig the same calories on a refeed day, or do I increase carbs AND calories? And if refeeding, should carbs be lower the other days? Sorry for all the questions!! You are a wealth of knowledge!!
A wealth of knowledge...I'm flattered! haha. Unless I'm within say 8 weeks of a show my refeeds aren't that strategic. Basically, I just go have ONE meal, make sure it is carb heavy, and beyond that I get whatever I want. Once per week is a good place to start and that way you can do it on the weekend if you have a dinner date or something. I really don't think you need to stress out about planning things perfectly, reducing other macros and adding carbs on a special rotation. Just go have yourself a bowl of pasta once in a while. :)

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
A wealth of knowledge...I'm flattered! haha. Unless I'm within say 8 weeks of a show my refeeds aren't that strategic. Basically, I just go have ONE meal, make sure it is carb heavy, and beyond that I get whatever I want. Once per week is a good place to start and that way you can do it on the weekend if you have a dinner date or something. I really don't think you need to stress out about planning things perfectly, reducing other macros and adding carbs on a special rotation. Just go have yourself a bowl of pasta once in a while. :)
Haha! Excellent! I try to track everything or I'll eat 3x what I should lol. Weekends is when we usually do pasta or pizza and stuff! Guess I'll do French toast or usplabs pancakes tomorrow morning!

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha! Excellent! I try to track everything or I'll eat 3x what I should lol. Weekends is when we usually do pasta or pizza and stuff! Guess I'll do French toast or usplabs pancakes tomorrow morning!
USPlabs pancakes don't count lol!

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
Happy birthday Cassie!!

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
Aww thank you guys! Levyii, did you end up having a cheat or refeed meal of some sort?
Um......I had a baconator from Wendy's and we are at Texas Roadhouse where I had three rolls and a whole sweet potato with my steak.....Hahahahah a bit of a weight increase from water retention but I sure looked leaner this am!!

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Um......I had a baconator from Wendy's and we are at Texas Roadhouse where I had three rolls and a whole sweet potato with my steak.....Hahahahah a bit of a weight increase from water retention but I sure looked leaner this am!!
Haha yeah I'd expect some water retention to happen after that! Let us know how your next workout goes. Having been dieting on low cal intake and ~100g carbs/day I bet it'll you'll feel stronger in the gym after that.

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
Haha yeah I'd expect some water retention to happen after that! Let us know how your next workout goes. Having been dieting on low cal intake and ~100g carbs/day I bet it'll you'll feel stronger in the gym after that.
Sure hope so! Only problem is I can't get into the gym until Tuesday. They closed for the installation of a new AC so tomorrow is cardio and home workout! Maybe I'll push-up until I puke!

HawaiianHulk1

HawaiianHulk1

Awards
Sure hope so! Only problem is I can't get into the gym until Tuesday. They closed for the installation of a new AC so tomorrow is cardio and home workout! Maybe I'll push-up until I puke!
Should have told them let you get that sweat on.. Haha

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
Should have told them let you get that sweat on.. Haha
Right? Most of us were upset it was closed since it's an Air Force reserve base and it's closed on the weekend anyway. To add two extra days to that is not nice!

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
So I haven't been in the gym since Thursday ?? we didn't go today due to some errands that were ran. Tomorrow will hopefully be a gym day but Thursday is going to be leg day and I plan to destroy my quads and hams. Going for 5 sets of 15 reps of squats. With 5 sets of 15 reps for sumo deadlift and then everything in between!

HawaiianHulk1

HawaiianHulk1

Awards
So I haven't been in the gym since Thursday ?? we didn't go today due to some errands that were ran. Tomorrow will hopefully be a gym day but Thursday is going to be leg day and I plan to destroy my quads and hams. Going for 5 sets of 15 reps of squats. With 5 sets of 15 reps for sumo deadlift and then everything in between!
Invest in a home gym.. I would so do that if I had the funds.. I hate when people stare.. I'm sure you'll get a good sesh in.. I would if I was away for that long..

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
Invest in a home gym.. I would so do that if I had the funds.. I hate when people stare.. I'm sure you'll get a good sesh in.. I would if I was away for that long..
Haha I wish I could invest in a good home gym. I have a few dumbbells and could have done some at home exercises, but I think I needed the week off. It was a good break from the gym for a bit. Some other good news, I weighed in at......118.2 today!

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
Ok, so everyone asked for them and here they are! The photos on the left are from the beginning of June at 124lbs. The ones on the right are today at 118. Now, everyone will clearly see that I am not good at shredding down quickly like many people can lol. I think my calories or diet may be off but I'm making progress. Also, for those new to my logs, last year I suffered a torn carotid artery that resulted in a stroke and stent placement. So many of my workouts are lower weight, higher volume due to not being allowed to lift heavy. I just started squatting with the free bar instead of the smith and have been keeping it light to work on good form. Anyway, here are the photos. Thoughts, suggestions, inspiration, it's all welcomed!

131.jpg

141.jpg

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You look great Levyii! There are obvious changes from the pictures at 124 to the ones at 118. Your arms and midsection show more definition and your hips look slimmer. As for the time off, sometimes thats not such a bad thing. We tend to skip over deload periods because it feels wrong to go without lifting. It looks like you just had a little forced rest time that you probably needed anyways.

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
You look great Levyii! There are obvious changes from the pictures at 124 to the ones at 118. Your arms and midsection show more definition and your hips look slimmer. As for the time off, sometimes thats not such a bad thing. We tend to skip over deload periods because it feels wrong to go without lifting. It looks like you just had a little forced rest time that you probably needed anyways.
Thanks Cassie!! Yesterday was leg day and I did some sumo deadlifts for the first time in a few years. I learned two things: I have a week lower back and am walking like I'm 80 today, 2: I needed a belt again. I got a cheap (price) one from sports authority because the Inzer I wanted will take 4-5 weeks to come in. It's a Valeo and it worked pretty well today. Wore it while doing the USPLabs shoulder video they posted. As it's the weekend and my gym is closed, these two days will be spent resting. Have a good weekend everyone!!

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is there something I'm missing, like a past injury? It seems strange to need to wear a belt for shoulder training.

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
Is there something I'm missing, like a past injury? It seems strange to need to wear a belt for shoulder training.
It's a technique I got from a friend of mine who wears one all the time. I found it helped with lifting control and not straining. If I hold my breath or strain at all im likely to blow out my carotid artery in my neck again. He wears his belt for just about everything. Also, my back was so sore after deadlifts that it kept my back straight and took the pressure off the sore muscles there