Getting big and bold with pBold from LG Sciences!!!!

jcastil7

jcastil7

Awards
Welcome to my unsponsored log of LG Sciences new product, pBold!!!

Since this product is relatively new to the market and not a whole lot of reviews or logs are currently out there on pBold, I decided I would put my experience up for everyone to read.

First, a little bit about myself... I am 27 years old, 5'10" and I weighed in this morning at 191.6#. I don't know my body fat percentage, but I will see if I can't have one of my coworkers help me out with that using the skinfold calipers.

I have been lifting off and on since I was 16, but only seriously lifting within the last 3 years. I am a competitive Brazilian jiu jitsu fighter and typically compete in the Medium-Heavy weight division (up to 194.5 lbs with the gi on). I lift to enhance my jiu jitsu, not to be a bodybuilder, as I consider myself an athlete. I am a personal trainer and student in my senior year at Arizona State University, studying Exercise and Wellness. I am also currently studying to take the NSCA-CSCS exam.

I bought two bottles of pBold and plan on dosing 3mL in the morning and 3mL in the evening for 8 weeks. I will start stacking Erase from PES and Dopadex from Analyzed Supplements as my PCT during the last two weeks of my pBold run.

My goals for the duration of this log is to increase strength, power and lean body mass while decreasing body fat mass. Most of my workouts consist of either resistance training or plyometric training. Jiu jitsu sparring is my cardio.

Day 1 - Thursday, 21 Aug.

First dose of pBold was taken at approximately 11:15 am, after I received my package from FedEx. I had already completed my workout for the day, but I will cover that anyhow and use today's workout as a starting point...

Chest/Shoulders/Triceps

Flat Barbell Bench Press:

Warm Up - 135# x 8 reps
Set 1 - 205# x 8 reps
Set 2 - 205# x 8 reps
Set 3 - 205# x 8 reps
Set 4 - 205# x 8 reps
Set 5 - 210# x 6 reps

Bar Dips:

Set 1 - Bodyweight x 12 reps
Set 2 - Bodyweight x 12 reps

Cable Pec Flies:

Set 1 - 65# x 8 reps
Set 2 - 65# x 8 reps
Set 3 - 65# x 12 reps

Lateral DB Raises:

Set 1 - 30# DB's x 10 reps
Set 2 - 30# DB's x 10 reps
Set 3 - 30# DB's x 8 reps

Barbell Shrugs:

Set 1 - 225# x 8 reps
Set 2 - 225# x 8 reps
Set 3 - 225# x 12 reps

Cable Triceps Pulldowns w/ Rope:

Set 1 - 42.5# x 12 reps
Set 2 - 42.5# x 12 reps
Set 3 - 42.5# x 12 reps

I realize the weights on the cable exercises seem low, but it has been my experience that not all cable machines are created equal. Just sayin'...

I will try to post pictures of my current physique tomorrow. Any and all feedback is appreciated. Thanks for reading and I hope you decide to stick around for this journey! :)

jcastil7

jcastil7

Awards
Day 2 - Friday, 22 Aug.

Weight: 190.2#

I took my second dose of pBold yesterday around 8:00 pm and today's first dose at around 7:20 this morning. I did notice a huge increase in appetite, but I don't think it was due to the pBold yet. LG Sciences does claim pBold will increase appetite, so it could have been a placebo effect yesterday. I really wasn't thinking about my appetite or what other effects I am supposed to see from pBold yesterday because I had just started...

Anyhow, I forgot to cover my diet yesterday. I don't have a strict diet nor do I track my diet. I eat every few hours simply because I tend to eat smaller portions. I try to eat high protein, high carb, but I allow myself the pleasures of life. I have dieted down before, and I found it to be miserable. And since I am not a bodybuilding or physique competitor, I don't need to be shredded.

I don't normally workout on Fridays other than jiu jitsu, so no lifting stats today. Sorry, guys!

Thanks for reading!

**I tried posting the pics from my album, but I can't since I don't have enough posts yet. If you would like to see my pics, you may visit the album I created in my profile. As soon as I can, I will add the pictures here in the thread. Thank you for your patience!

Bult

Bult

Awards
  • Established
I'll follow along I have been interested in pBold and LG sciences lately.

jcastil7

jcastil7

Awards
Day 3 - Saturday, 23 Aug.

Weight: 191.8#

I took my second dose of pBold around 7:45 pm last night and my first dose for today around 7:10 am. I give dosing around every 12 hours is a good way to start. My without for this morning...

Back/Biceps/Rear Delts

Bent Over Barbell Rows:

Warm up - 45# x 8 reps
Warm up - 135# x 8 reps
Sets 1-5 - 205# x 6 reps

Pull Ups:

Sets 1-3 - Bodyweight x 8 reps
Set 4 - Bodyweight x 10 reps

Inverted Rows (feet elevated on 30" box):

Sets 1-3 - Bodyweight x 12 reps

Single Arm DB Rows:

Set 1 - 100# DB x 6 reps each arm
Sets 2-3 - 100# DB x 8 reps each arm

Incline DB Biceps Curls:

Sets 1-3 - 25# DB's x 8 reps

Rear Delt Flies w/ Theraband:

Sets 1-3 - Blue Theraband x 12 reps

I felt good this morning. Strong. Probably because I got to rest up yesterday. Jiu jitsu was not intense. More of an exchange of knowledge and technique. Pretty chill.

I'm not sure when I am supposed to see any effects from pBold, but I will be sure to post any and all effects when noticed. Thanks for reading!

jcastil7

jcastil7

Awards
Day 4 - Sunday, 24 Aug.

Weight: 191.4#

I took my second dose of pBold around 7:00 pm last night and my first dose for today at around 8:15 am.

I think perhaps I was just really hungry that first day, because I haven't really felt that strong of an appetite since then. Of course, I am not sure how long it should be before noticing any effects from the pBold... Perhaps I will hit up LG Sciences and find out.

Today was leg day!

Barbell Back Squat:

Warm up - 135# x 8 reps
Warm up - 225# x 6 reps
Sets 1-3 - 275# x 5 reps
super set with​
Depth Jumps - 24" Box x 5 reps​

Barbell Deadlift:

Sets 1-3 - 365# x 5 reps
super set with​
Kettlebell Swings - 20kg x 5 reps​

DB Romanian Deadlift:

Sets 1-2 - 80# DB's x 8 reps

Standing Cable Crunches:

Sets 1-3 - 52.5# x 12 reps

I wrapped it all up with some stretching and foam rolling. Overall, I felt pretty good considering I haven't really squatted since last week. I spent the last two leg days performing a lot of plyo work. I have my beginning measurements lying around my apartment somewhere. I will put those up at some point today for those interested. Thanks for reading!

jcastil7

jcastil7

Awards
Day 5 - Monday, 25 Aug.

Weight: 192#

I took my second dose of pBold around 7:45 pm last night and my first dose around 5:15 am this morning. Yesterday was the first day I've hit legs hard in a couple of weeks, so I was expecting to be a lot more sore today. Perhaps it will come on later or maybe the pBold is helping with the recovery. Hard to say at this point...

Today was chest, shoulders and triceps.

Warm up - 135# x 8 reps
Sets 1-3 - 225# x 6 reps
super set with​
Plyo Push Ups - Bodyweight x 6 reps​

Cable Chest Press:

Sets 1-3 - 52.5# each side x 12 reps

Cable Pec Flies:

Sets 1-3 - 32.5# each side x 12 reps

Lateral DB Raises:

Sets 1-3 - 25# DB's x 12 reps

Triceps Extensions (performed on Smith Machine):

Sets 1-2 - Bodyweight x 12 reps

Barbell Shrugs:

Sets 1-3 - 225lbs x 12 reps

Last week my traps were super sore after doing shrugs. I hadn't really done heavy shrugs a long time, so I am hoping that the pBold helps with the recovery this week and I won't be sore this time around. I usually train jiu jitsu on Monday afternoons, but class was cancelled so I wasn't able to get my "cardio" in.

I got lazy yesterday and didn't put my starting measurements up, but here they are now (in centimeters)...

Neck - 42 cm
Chest - 107 cm
Shoulders - 127cm
Waist - 88 cm
Thigh - 63 cm
Calf - 40 cm
Arms - 40 cm

If anyone has any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Thanks for reading.

jcastil7

jcastil7

Awards
Day 6 - Tuesday, 26 Aug

Weight: 191.2#

Definitely a little sore today, but nothing too extreme. Appetite seems to be pretty steady, but I do not feel it has increased at all. I emailed LG Sciences to see how soon I should start noticing any effects from pBold and what effects I should be noticing. The product description says an increase in appetite, lean body mass and strength, but I am wondering if there are any other effects, negative or positive.

I took my second dose yesterday around 4:00 pm, before I went into my internship, and my first dose this morning round 7:00 am. Today was back and rear delts.

Bent Over Barbell Rows:

Warm up - 45# x 10 reps
Warm up - 135# x 8 reps
Sets 1-3 - 205# x 6 reps
super set with​
Single Arm Explosive Rows w/ Surge 180 - 6 reps each arm​
Set 4 - 210# x 6 reps
super set with​
Single Arm Explosive Rows w/ Surge 180 - 6 reps each arm​

Pull Ups:

Single Arm DB Rows:

Sets 1-3 - 100# DB x 10 reps each arm

I felt pretty strong, but my right bicep was giving me a little bit of trouble. I am not sure why. Perhaps I strained it while performing deadlifts or during my pec flies yesterday. I didn't notice any pain at the time of either of those movements, but it didn't feel good today. Hopefully it does not persist. My weight seems to be staying stable even though my jiu jitsu training has not been very intense the last week, which I mentioned before is my source of cardio.

I am hoping to hear back from LG Sciences soon, or to get a response from a rep here in the log. That would be nice. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for reading.

jcastil7

jcastil7

Awards
Day 7 - Wednesday, 27 Aug

Weight: 190.2#

I heard back from Jason over at LG Sciences this morning. He informed me that I should start noticing effects such as an increase in appetite and strength around the second week and an increase in lean body mass after in the following weeks. He feels it is one of the best products they have. I sure hope so. ?

Yesterday, I took my second dose around 4:30 pm. This morning I took my first dose around 7:10 am, I believe. My arm feels a lot better today than it did yesterday. Perhaps the pBold is starting to speed recovery. That would be nice. Not sore at all today, either. A good start.

Leg day!

Barbell Back Squats:

Warm up - 135# x 8 reps
Warm up - 225# x 6 reps
Sets 1-3 - 285# x 6 reps

Supine Leg Curls:

Sets 1-2 - 8 reps each leg

**This exercise is performed by placing the heel of the leg performing the exercise on a towel and the other leg being raised off of the floor. I extend my hips, lifting my butt and lower back off of the floor and maintain this position throughout the exercise. I then flex the knee of the working leg, contacting the hamstrings and bringing my heel as close to my butt as I can. I then extend at the knee as far as I can while keeping my hipps, lower back and opposite leg off of the ground. This completed one repetition.

Pikes:

Sets 1-3 - 10 reps

Russian Twist on Swiss Ball:

Sets 1-3 - 15# x 16 reps (8 to each side)

My hamstrings began to cramp up, which is why I stopped with the leg curls. It could have been because I trained fasted this morning and I hadn't had a ton of water before lifting. I felt ok on the squats. Not the strongest I've felt, but better than last week. Hoping to hit 315#-325# for 6 reps by the end of this cycle.

Thanks for reading!

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
does this pbold have the 3,5,7 included in the formula?

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Glad Jason got back with you! I'd like to follow along and see how this works for you! :) Great log/work so far!

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
In! Definitely should notice the initial effects in roughly 2 weeks...

jcastil7

jcastil7

Awards
xR1pp3Rx - No, this pBold has the following:

Serving Size - 3mL
Proprietary Blend - 80mg

17beta-{1-Ketoethyl}-Delta-1,4,6-androstatriene-3-one,17a-ol

Tocotrienols

Glad to have everyone following along! Welcome and I hope you enjoy!

jcastil7

jcastil7

Awards
Day 8 - Thursday, 28 Aug

Weight: 192.2#

So, apparently I gain weight after leg day... haha Anyhow, I took my second dose yesterday around 3:15 pm. I've been trying to take my second dose before I head into my internship, but I think 3:00-4:00 pm might be a little early. So, I may start taking my pBold with me into my internship so I can dose around 6:00-8:00 pm. I took my first dose this morning around 5:25 am. I haven't worked out yet today. I had some homework to get through before I could lift, so I will probably hit chest, shoulders and triceps later today. I will be sure to post that up after.

I started to notice an increase in appetite yesterday. I ate a little more than usual. And I feel good today. No soreness, but I am a little stiff. That could be because I haven't moved around a whole lot so far today.

I am glad to have hvactech in here! Nice to have a LG forum rep checking in.

jcastil7

jcastil7

Awards
Boom! Just finished my swole session. haha

Chest/Shoulders/Triceps

Warm Up - 135# x 8 reps
Set 1 - 225# x 8 reps
Set 2 - 225# x 8 reps
Set 3 - 225# x 8 reps
Set 4 - 225# x 6 reps
Set 5 - 225# x 6 reps

Bar Dips:

Set 1 - Bodyweight x 12 reps
Set 2 - Bodyweight x 12 reps
Set 3 - Bodyweight x 12 reps

Flat DB Pec Flies:

Set 1 - 35# DB's x 12 reps
Set 2 - 35# DB's x 12 reps
Set 3 - 35# DB's x 12 reps

Lateral DB Raises:

Set 1 - 30# DB's x 10 reps
Set 2 - 30# DB's x 10 reps
Set 3 - 30# DB's x 10 reps

Barbell Shrugs:

Set 1 - 235# x 12 reps
Set 2 - 235# x 12 reps
Set 3 - 235# x 12 reps

Cable Triceps Pulldowns w/ Rope:

Set 1 - 52.5# x 12 reps
Set 2 - 52.5# x 12 reps
Set 3 - 52.5# x 12 reps

I felt really good today. Strong. I got a massive pump, which is always an awesome feeling. I am hoping to hit 250# on flat bench for 8 reps by the end of this 8-week period. I am at the start of week 2, so I feel it is possible if I push it and pBold is as powerful as the claims. That is all for now. Thanks for reading!

jcastil7

jcastil7

Awards
Day 9 - Friday, 29 Aug

Weight: 191.8#

When I first stepped on the scale this morning, it read "189.9#". That didn't seem right. I mean, I did wake up in the middle of the night to use the restroom, but there was no way I dropped that much weight in a day considering how much I ate yesterday. So, I readjusted the scale and stepped back on. 191.8#. That made more sense.

I took my second dose yesterday around 6:45 pm and my first dose today around 7:45 am. I feel great today. Not sore. Not stiff. I got amazing sleep. Today is my rest day, so I will be taking it super easy today and let my body fully recover for an intense training day tomorrow.

I used the skin calipers today to check my body fat, but I feel the skin calipers I used squeeze too hard. They are definitely not like the ones found in my exercise physiology and exercise testing labs. These are the big, clunky ones that you can get for like $15. Anyhow, according to the skin calipers I used this morning, my measurements were:

Chest: 3 mm, 3 mm, 3 mm
Abdomen: 7 mm, 7 mm, 7 mm
Thigh: 9 mm, 10 mm, 10 mm

I used the Jackson-Pollock 3-Site Body Density formula for men and got my body density to be approximately 1.08. Then, using the Siri Body Fat equation, my body fat came to 5.6%. I am aware enough to know that I am nowhere near 5% body fat. That being said, I will see if I can't get my hands on a better set of skinfold calipers.

As always, thanks for reading. Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Realistically anything single digit bodyfat is awsome.... glad everything is going well in here :)

jcastil7

jcastil7

Awards
Yeah. The last time I checked was earlier this summer. I was able to use some high quality calipers from lab and my body fat was around 9-10%. I was a few pounds heavier at the time, but still... I don't think I that lean. I think 10% is pushing it. But we are our own worst critics I suppose.

jcastil7

jcastil7

Awards
Day 10 - Saturday, 30 Aug

Weight: 194.4#

Sooo... weight is up this morning. Understandable considering yesterday was a rest day and I ate a large, thin crust pizza from Papa John's last night for dinner. Delicious and I in no way regret it. :) But I do look a little softer today... :(

I took yesterday's second dose around 6:45 pm and I took this morning's dose around 8:10 am. My sleep seems to be getting better. I am not sure if this is because of the pBold, but it sure is nice to get some really restful sleep. I had been struggling to fall asleep and stay asleep this summer.

Today was back and posterior delts. I usually throw in biceps, too, but my right bicep was still bugging me a bit. It didn't start giving me trouble until late in the workout. That is when I made the decision to skip curls today...

Bent Over Barbell Rows:

Warm up - 45# x 8 reps
Warm up - 135# x 8 reps
Sets 1-5 - 215# x 6 reps

Pull Ups:

Sets 1-4 - Bodyweight x 10 reps

Inverted Rows (feet elevated on 18" bench):

Single Arm DB Rows:

Sets 1-3 - 100# DB x 12 reps each arm

super set with​
Face Pulls on Surge 360: 12 reps​

I made some strength and power improvement, I think. Added a little bit of volume with the DB rows and added some weight on the bent over barbell rows. I am definitely going to need to do some foam rolling later for my erectors. They are feeling a bit tight.

As always, thanks for reading.

Last edited:
love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Awesome job on the bf!!! That's great!! Very strong pulls too!!!

jcastil7

jcastil7

Awards
Awesome job on the bf!!! That's great!! Very strong pulls too!!!
Thanks love2liftkat! Working hard over here.

Day 11 - Sunday, 31 Aug.

Weight: 191.0#

Sorry I didn't post this up yesterday. I slept in until about 9:00 am, which I never get to do, and after lifting, I was pretty much busy the rest of the day with jiu jitsu and a Labor Day bbq at my friends' apartment. I took my second dose on Saturday around... 4:15 pm, I believe. We went to a Rockies vs DBacks game Saturday night, so I took my pBold before I left. Sunday morning doses were taken at 9:10 am and 5:30 pm. I took this morning's first dose at around 10:30 am. I got to sleep in today as well. :)

Sunday's workout was legs!!! I didn't get to work on accessory movements because I got to the gym later than normal and I was short on time.

Barbell Back Squats:

Warm Up - 135# x 8 reps
Warm Up - 225# x 6 reps
Sets 1-3 - 280# x 6 reps
super set with​
Depth Jumps w/ 24" Box - 6 reps​

Barbell Deadlifts:

Sets 1-3 -365# x 6 reps
super set with​
Power Cleans - 95# x 6 reps​

I definitely could have done heavier power cleans, but there wasn't really a need for it. According to the studies I read up on, when super setting power/plyometric moves with traditional lifts, the power/plyometric movements should be anywhere from 0-30% 1RM. So, 95# was sufficient, I think.

Day 12 - Monday, 1 Sept

I didn't lift today. Decided to relax and spend the day with my fiance. I don't get a lot of time to spend with her since I am going to school full time, working an internship 15 hours per week, training jiu jitsu 3-5 times per week and working my regular personal training job on top of it. After having gone through a divorce because of being away for too long (deployment with the army), I definitely understand and have a greater appreciation for spending time with your significant other.

As always, thanks for reading. Let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited:
jcastil7

jcastil7

Awards
Day 13 - Tuesday, 2 Sep

Weight: 194.0#

So, after sitting around all day on Monday, I was definitely itching to hit the weights. I just picked up where I left off and hit chest and shoulders.

Warm up - 135# x 8 reps
Sets 1-3 - 235# x 6 reps
super set with​
Sets 4-6 - 235# x 6 reps

Lateral DB Raises:

Sets 1-3 - 30# DB's x 12 reps

Barbell Shrugs:

Sets 1-3 - 245lbs x 12 reps

I kept this workout short and sweet. I decided to opt out of the cable/DB flies and just hit more sets of bench press. I felt pretty strong. Unfortunately, I got distracted and forgot to hit triceps. Oh well. Hopefully I continue to make these strength gains. Monday's second dose was taken around 6:30 pm and Tuesday's doses were taken at approximately 8:30 am and 6:45 pm.

Day 14 - Wednesday, 3 Sep

Weight: 191.2#

Not sore at all, even after lifting heavy, which is a good sign, but my right bicep is still a little tender. I took my first dose at 7:30 am. This morning's workout was back/biceps and posterior delts.

Pull Ups:

Warm up (scapular pull ups) - Bodyweight x 12 reps
Set 1 - Bodyweight x 8 reps
Set 2-5 - Bodyweight + 15# x 8 reps

T-Bar Rows:

Set 1 - 100# x 12 reps
Set 2 - 125# x 12 reps
Set 3 - 125# x 8 reps

*Weight is the weight loaded on the bar and does not include weight of the bar itself. These rows were performed using my jiu jitsu gi top as a handle by wrapping the gi around the bar and grabbing the lapels.

Single Arm DB Rows:

Standing DB Curls:

Sets 1-3 - 25# DB's x 12 reps

Hanging Knee Raises:

Hanging Windshield Wipers:

Sets 1-3 - Bodyweight x 4 reps each side

Because I workout at my workplace, I can't always use some of the equipment because clients are being trained. So, I had to stay out of the way a bit today. But overall I felt I got a good workout in. The T-Bar rows with the gi allows me to work on my grip strength a bit, which will definitely be important here in about a 7 weeks.

I feel like my appetite has plateaued a bit. I am eating more than when I started the pBold, but I can't see myself consuming many more calories on a daily basis. Recovery seems to be faster and strength has increased some. Can't wait to see what the next two weeks will bring.

jcastil7

jcastil7

Awards
Day 15 - Thursday, 4 Sep

Weight: 193.4#

I took my second dose yesterday around 3:00 pm, before I went in to my internship. My first dose was taken at about 8:15 this morning.

As you can see, my weight has been fluctuating quite a bit. I would be worried about this normally, but I discovered there is another jiu jitsu tournament coming up and I've decided to compete in that one. The registration is cheaper, there is a submission only open weight division and the weight class I would normally compete in goes up to 200# without the gi, instead of 194.5# with the gi. That gives me a lot more room to play with and this competition is also part of the Europa here in Phoenix. A much better deal, I think.

Leg Day!

Barbell Back Squats:

Warm up - 135# x 8 reps
Warm up - 225# x 6 reps
Set 1 - 295# x 6 reps
Set 2 - 295# x 6 reps
Set 3 - 295# x 2 reps

Single Leg RDL:

Set 1 - 70# x 8 reps each leg
Set 2 - 70# x 8 reps each leg

DB RDL:

Set 1 - 80# DB's x 8 reps
Set 2 - 80# DB's x 8 reps

I would have liked to hit more reps on the last set of squats, but I set the bar wrong on my traps and it was not a very comfortable sensation. That kinda sucked my motivation to finish the squats. But I feel fairly confident I will be able to hit 300# for at least 6 reps on my next leg day. I don't know if I have already set a goal for squats on here, but I would like break my previous 1RM of 365# (pre-knee injury back in March). Seeing as this is only the start of Week 3 of 8 and pBold is supposed to be some bad*** stuff, I'm really hoping to break past that plateau.

I may decide to hit some deadlifts a little later tonight. We will see how I feel. I guess I just feel like I didn't accomplish much today in my workout because I didn't complete that set.

As always, thanks for reading. Feel free to ask any questions.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Bar position is crucial for me to even think about squatting... too high and it crushes my upper traps, too low and my back feels it..

jcastil7

jcastil7

Awards
Bar position is crucial for me to even think about squatting... too high and it crushes my upper traps, too low and my back feels it..
Yeah, hvactech, I don't know exactly how it was sitting on my traps, but I definitely had what felt like nerve pain. Not fun.

So, I ended up hitting some deadlifts last night between clients. I took my second dose of pBold about 40 minutes prior (at roughly 5:30 pm).

Barbell Deadlifts:

Warm up - 225# x 6 reps
Warm up - 315# x 6 reps
Set 1 - 385# x 6 reps
Set 2 - 395# x 6 reps
Set 3 - 405# x 5 reps

I felt good. A little tired on the last set there, but overall not bad. I am glad my strength hasn't suffered too much with my deadlifts considering I haven't consistently performed deadlifts in a long time and I suffered that dang knee injury in March. About 1.5 years ago, I hit 425# for 3 reps but that was with a belt. I have since gone away from the belt and now do all of my lifts raw.

Day 16 - Friday, 5 Sep

Today is a rest day... except for the jiu jitsu at noon. I feel like I am looking leaner and my muscles are looking fuller. But it could just be all in my head. I will do a progress pic at the end of 4 weeks and take some more measurements. I don't expect a huge change, but a small change would be nice.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Definitely putting in hard work! Glad you spent time with your girl on Monday! It's hard to balance it all sometimes but as you know, well worth it! :)

jcastil7

jcastil7

Awards
Day 17 - Saturday, 6 Sep

I took my second dose on Friday around... 6:45 pm, I believe. I was at my internship, so I can't be 100% sure when I took it. I took my first and second doses of pBold at around 8:15 am and 6:50 pm, respectively. My workout for Saturday morning was chest and back... but it was short and sweet.

Warm up - 135# x 8 reps
Set 1 - 230# x 8 reps
Set 2 - 230# x 8 reps
Set 3 - 230# x 8 reps
Set 4 - 230# x 8 reps
Set 5 - 235# x 7 reps

Weighted Pull Ups:

Warm up (scapular pull ups) - Bodyweight x 8 reps
Set 1 - Bodyweight + 20# x 8 reps
Set 2 - Bodyweight + 20# x 8 reps
Set 3 - Bodyweight + 20# x 8 reps
Set 4 - Bodyweight + 20# x 8 reps
Set 5 - Bodyweight + 20# x 8 reps

Meadow Rows:

Set 1 - Bar + 50# x 12 reps each arm
Set 2 - Bar + 50# x 12 reps each arm
Set 3 - Bar + 50# x 12 reps each arm

This was my first time ever doing meadow rows. I really liked this exercise and I think I will keep them in my routine. It gave me a solid pump. I actually had a great pump throughout the whole workout.

Day 18 - Sunday, 7 Sep

Weight: 196.0#

I ended up just taking another rest day. I had to work at my internship and then deal with some AC issues at my condo. So, by the time I got home I was just not in the mood to do anything but sit on the couch and watch t.v. I took my doses of pBold at around 9:10 am and 6:00 pm.

Day 19 - Monday, 8 Sep

Weight: 195.8#

So, the reason for the weight gain was an increase in calorie consumption this weekend. I am not too worried about it as I should drop back down by the end of the week. Possibly even by tomorrow. I took my first dose of pBold at around 5:10 am this morning. Today was leg day!

Barbell Back Squats:

Warm Up - 135# x 8 reps
Warm Up - 225# x 6 reps
Set 1 - 285# x 6 reps
super set with​
Sets 2-3 - 290# x 6 reps
super set with​

Walking Lunges:

Sets 1-2 - 44# kettlebells x 8 steps each leg

DB RDL:

Sets 1-2 - 100# DB's x 8 reps

Overall, I felt pretty strong. The first set of 290# felt great, but the second set of 290# was a lot harder. After lifting, I got a couple of hours of rest and then went to jiu jitsu. I was the only one to show up, so my instructor and I sparred for roughly 45 minutes. All I can say is I am wiped! My instructor is a black belt under Pedro Sauer (for those who know jiu jitsu) and is roughly 6'4", 250#. So, he is a lot bigger than I am and a lot better. He kicked my a$$, but it was a great session. Learned a lot and got a good workout.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I love meadow rows!! I have been doing meadows mountain dog routine. Definitely some good exercises to incorporate! Great job on the squats too!

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I love meadow rows!! I have been doing meadows mountain dog routine. Definitely some good exercises to incorporate! Great job on the squats too!
Meadows rows and his routines are awesome. I worked with him for almost a full year. What a great time that was, painful though!

jcastil7

jcastil7

Awards
Day 20 - Tuesday, 9 Sep

Weight: 193.8#

So, I took my second dose of pBold before I went into my internship on Monday. Somewhere around 3:00 pm. I took my first dose of pBold on Tuesday morning around 8:30 am, I believe, and my second dose was taken around 4:00 pm before work. On Tuesday, I hit chest, triceps and shoulders.

Warm up - 135# x 8 reps
Sets 1-3 - 240# x 6 reps
super set with​

Cable Chest Press:

Sets 1-3 - 52.5# each side x 12 reps

Cable Pec Flies:

Sets 1-3 - 32.5# each side x 12 reps

Lateral DB Raises:

Cable Triceps Extensions (with rope):

Sets 1-3 - 42.5# x 12 reps

Barbell Shrugs:

Sets 1-3 - 255lbs x 12 reps

I was pumped to be able to hit 240# on flat bench press for 6 reps. I think there is definitely a good chance I will be able to hit 250# within the next two weeks. I don't know if I can say that pBold is the reason for my strength gains (15# on my 6 rep max in 3 weeks), but it very well could be.

Day 21 - Wednesday, 10 Sep

First dose of pBold was taken around 5:00 am and my second dose was taken around 4:00 pm. I hit back, biceps and rear delts.

Meadow Rows:

Warm up - Bar x 8 reps each arm
Sets 1-4 - Bar + 90# x 6 reps each arm

Weighted Pull Ups:

Sets 1-4 - Bodyweight + 20# x 8 reps

Single Arm DB Rows:

DB Hammer Curls:

Sets 1-2 - 25# DB's x 12 reps each arm

Rear Delt Flies with TheraBand:

Sets 1-2 - Blue TheraBand x 12 reps

Hanging Knee Raises:

The hardest part of this workout was getting a good grip on the dang meadow rows. It ended up really working my forearms, which I didn't realize until later at jiu jitsu when my forearms cramped up. This morning they are both super sore, which never happens anymore because of jiu jitsu. It is kind of a nice feeling because it means my grip is going to become stronger for deadlifts and jiu jitsu.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Meadows rows and his routines are awesome. I worked with him for almost a full year. What a great time that was, painful though!
Wow! That's too cool!!! No doubt it was painful but very educational I'm sure!!

@jcaatil7 meadows really are killer for your grip! Many people use straps- which you may like on days that you have jiu-jitsu. Nothing wrong with a stronger grip for deads though. I use the straps as it gets heavy but my hands are nowhere near wrapping around the bar! Lol

jcastil7

jcastil7

Awards
@jcaatil7 meadows really are killer for your grip! Many people use straps- which you may like on days that you have jiu-jitsu. Nothing wrong with a stronger grip for deads though. I use the straps as it gets heavy but my hands are nowhere near wrapping around the bar! Lol
I have heard of people using straps, but I try to avoid using straps because I want to keep my grip strong for jiu jitsu. But I can definitely see the need for straps. I could barely get my hand around the bar! haha Thanks for the support, by the way. :)

Day 22 - Thursday, 11 Sep

Weight: 194.2#

I took my first dose of pBold around 5:10 am and my second dose around 3:30 pm. I hit the weights a little later than usual, as my fiancee wanted to lift with me and I had to wait for her to get off of work. It was leg day and I couldn't wait to throw some more weight on the bar for this session...

Barbell Back Squats:

Warm up - 135# x 8 reps
Warm up - 225# x 6 reps
Set 1 - 305# x 6 reps
Set 2 - 305# x 7 reps
Set 3 - 305# x 6 reps

Supine Single Leg Curls (w/ 10# Sand Bell)

Set 1 - 8 reps each leg
Set 2 - 12 reps, both legs simultaneously
Set 3 - 8 reps each leg

So, I had originally wanted to perform DB RDL's, but my forearms were so sore, I had almost no grip strength. A bit frustrating, but I switched over to the supine leg curls. The leg curls are probably more functional for jiu jitsu, anyhow. After the first set, my left hamstring started to cramp up, so I performed the second set with both feet on the sand bell. By the third set, I felt good enough to go back to single leg.

I was pumped to be able to hit 305# for 7 reps! I had apparently miscounted somewhere along the way, but my fiancee was there counting for me and thought I was going for 8, which is why she didn't stop me at 6 reps. On my next leg day, I will be shooting for 310#, maybe 315# for 6. We shall see!

As always, thanks for reading. Don't hesitate to ask any questions.

jcastil7

jcastil7

Awards
Day 23 - Friday, 12 Sep

Rest day. The only activity I really performed was some jiu jitsu, but the most intense part of that was the warm up. We just covered some of the Gracie self defense and then I did one light sparring/flow session.

Day 24 - Saturday, 13 Sep

First dose for today was taken at around 7:50 am. Today was chest day! (with some accessory movements...)

Warm up - 45# x 8 reps
Warm up - 135# x 8 reps
Set 1 - 240# x 8 reps
Set 2 - 240# x 8 reps
Set 3 - 240# x 6 reps, 1 rep, 1 rep
Set 4 - 240# x 6 reps, 1 rep, 1 rep
Set 5 - 240# x 6 reps, 1 rep, 1 rep

*On Sets 3, 4 & 5 I performed rest-pause reps because I knew I couldn't get 8 straight reps.

Lateral DB Raises:

Barbell Shrugs:

Sets 1-3 - 265# x 12 reps

Overall, I was pretty happy with my bench today. I am slowly, but steadily, increasing my strength. I didn't expect AAS-like gains, but I don't think I really expected this type of strength gain either. I started this log only hitting 205# for 8 reps. So, an increase of 35# in 24 days is pretty solid, in my opinion. I have no doubt I will be able to hit 250# for 8 by the end of Week 6. So, maybe I will up the goal and shoot for 260# for 8 reps by the end of this cycle.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Great feedback and progress! If I remember correctly pbold helped set new bench pr's for me without any change in my diet

jcastil7

jcastil7

Awards
Great feedback and progress! If I remember correctly pbold helped set new bench pr's for me without any change in my diet
That's awesome, hvactech. I haven't changed my diet at all, except eating a little more maybe.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Which version are you using... the black or silver bottle?

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have heard of people using straps, but I try to avoid using straps because I want to keep my grip strong for jiu jitsu. But I can definitely see the need for straps. I could barely get my hand around the bar! haha Thanks for the support, by the way. :)
Haha...absolutely! I enjoy following logs and seeing all of the hard work!! ...Love that your fiancé trains with you some!! You don't find that very often!!.....That's amazing strength increases in less than a month! Glad you're having great results!

jcastil7

jcastil7

Awards
Haha...absolutely! I enjoy following logs and seeing all of the hard work!! ...Love that your fiancé trains with you some!! You don't find that very often!!.....That's amazing strength increases in less than a month! Glad you're having great results!
Yeah, it's awesome that she WANTS to train with me. And the strength has been incredible. Can't wait to see the final results.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
There are two different bottles!? I am using the black bottle.
We reformulated to a concentrated bottle.... same active in a lesser volume, the new is a 2ml serv size which is the equivalent to your 3ml serv size

jcastil7

jcastil7

Awards
We reformulated to a concentrated bottle.... same active in a lesser volume, the new is a 2ml serv size which is the equivalent to your 3ml serv size
Ahhh... Got it. The 3 mL is fine. Filling the dispenser can be a bit of a pain sometimes, though.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Ahhh... Got it. The 3 mL is fine. Filling the dispenser can be a bit of a pain sometimes, though.
Its both the same thing... just a smaller bottle, yeah its tricky...

jcastil7

jcastil7

Awards
Its both the same thing... just a smaller bottle, yeah its tricky...
Extra tricky for me as the piece that is supposed to be placed in the bottle neck fell inside. Haha But my first bottle is almost empty anyhow. Hopefully I don't have the same problem with the second bottle.

jcastil7

jcastil7

Awards
Day 25 - Sunday, 14 Sep

Weight: 193.8#

So, I took my second dose of pBold around 4:00 pm yesterday. I took my first dose this morning around 5:50 am. I had a client early this morning, so I went in beforehand to hit back, biceps and posterior deltoids.

Weighted Pull Ups:

Warm up (scapular pull ups) - Bodyweight x 12 reps
Sets 1-4 - Bodyweight + 28# x 8 reps

Meadow Rows:

Sets 1-3 - Bar + 60# x 12 reps

T-Bar Rows:

Set 1 - Bar + 115 x 12 reps
Set 2 - Bar + 120 x 12 reps
Set 3 - Bar + 125 x 12 reps

DB Hammer Curls:

Sets 1-2 - 25# DB's x 12 reps each arm

Bent-Over Reverse Flies w/ DB's:

Sets 1-2 - 25# DB's x 12 reps

I got a decent pump. Nothing great. But overall a great workout. I felt strong. The pull ups were a lot easier than I had anticipated them to be, so I will definitely be adding weight next time.

Only a couple of days left until my first 4 weeks are complete. I will be sure to post pics of progress. As always, thanks for reading.

jcastil7

jcastil7

Awards
Day 26 - Monday, 15 Sep

Weight: 195.6#

I took my second dose of pBold around 5:00pm last night. As it turns out, I had to open my second bottle last night as my first bottle was pretty much empty. So... I got about 24.5 days out of the bottle, which is 5.5 days short of what is stated on the label. A little disappointing, but it happens. For the second bottle, I was able to successfully implant the nozzle (if that's what it is) in the top which will make dosing easier.

No weightlifting today. But there will be jiu jitsu. I also found out the tournament I was going to compete in at Europa got cancelled. So, it looks like I'll be competing at the Arizona Southwest Classic. It's on the same weekend, so timeline hasn't changed. But now I'll have to cut down a few pounds to compete in the weight class I want.

That is all for now. Thanks for reading.

jcastil7

jcastil7

Awards
Day 27 - Tuesday, 16 Sep

Weight: 196.2#

Sorry I didn't get to this yesterday. I worked out in the morning and then I had homework and studying for a midterm exam I had last night. Then, I was unexpectedly greeted at home with having to make decisions regarding wedding invitations. So, a bit of a stressful/busy day yesterday.

Chest/Shoulders:

Warm Up - 135# x 8 reps
Sets 1-3 - 245# x 6 reps
super set with​
Plyometric Push Ups - 6 reps​
Set 4 - 250# x 6 reps
Set 5 - 263# x 3 reps
Set 6 - 245# x 5 reps

Lateral DB Raises:

Sets 1-3 - 30# x 10 reps

A short, but sweet, workout. I was pretty pumped to hit 265# for 3 reps. My original intention was to train legs yesterday, but my knee was bugging me. I am not sure why. My leg even gave out on me while walking to class last night. A weird situation, for sure. Perhaps I need a deload week. Or just give the legs a bit more rest, especially since I am training jiu jitsu on top of my lifting, which is a lot of leg work. Today I plan on lifting back and biceps. Maybe I will work some traps and triceps in as well since I didn't work them yesterday.

I may start my PCT a little earlier than planned to help drop some water weight. I will be using the new formula of Erase from PES along with Dopadex from their sister company, Analyze Supplements. But I am going to try to plan it so the PCT is ending at the time of the tournament (Oct. 25-26).

That is all for now. Don't hesitate to ask any questions! Thanks for reading.

jcastil7

jcastil7

Awards
Legs feel fatigued... And I didn't even do all that much! I'll fill you all in later today.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I imagine your legs are fatigued from all the training you do!! Strength sounds like it's good otherwise though! Good thing you were able to switch up your competition! I'm sure that was frustrating.