LDubs EP1C Journey (Unsponsored & Unbiased)

LDubs

LDubs

Awards
Hello ladies and gents! I decided to post up a log of my observations while taking Olympus Labs EP1C. Now I must forewarn you, this may not be the most detailed log out there, I just don't have a lot of extra time. I will however make sure that I give details on observations of each day while taking EP1C. My main reason for doing this is I wanted to record and share my observations with everyone as this is a newer, and very hyped up product. I promise to give an unbiased and honest account of my experience running this. I am currently on my second day now.

Let me share a little bit about myself. I am a 30 year old male. I weighed myself this morning, fasted, and I weighed in at 209.6 and I am 6' 2" to put the weight into perspective. My training is a version of GSLP. I train early mornings, fasted, with 18g BCAAs. The only other supplements I will be taking besides the EP1C are a multi vitamin, fish oil, BCAA, Preworkout, and Whey protein. I am going to be eating slightly under maintenance during this run.

I have 2 bottles of EP1C and plan to run 2 caps/day. This will allow me to run this for 60 days (8 1/2 weeks). I am dosing it 2 caps 20-30 min. preworkout on days I train and 1 cap AM and 1 cap PM on off days.

Things I am going to be watching for:
Weight changes
Endurance increases
Strength gains
Catching breath quicker between sets
Increased pump/vascularity

Thanks for following along and providing encouragement, advise, or even criticism!

LDubs

LDubs

Awards
Day 1
Off day, no noticeable effects to report.

Day 2
The only observation today was sweating slightly more than normal during my workout this morning.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Totally in on this. Will be purchasing my 2 bottles of Ep1c this week.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In this!!!!! I am excited for this one. I did read a post from crowbar46 where he said that he found research that states taking doses separately will have a better effect than taking the 2 of them at once. He also found that having the EP1C with fats will help it be absorbed. Not sure if you want to try that or not but he did a bunch of research to find out how to take it best.

Increased sweating is definitely something everyone has been experiencing including myself.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In this!!!!! I am excited for this one. I did read a post from crowbar46 where he said that he found research that states taking doses separately will have a better effect than taking the 2 of them at once. He also found that having the EP1C with fats will help it be absorbed. Not sure if you want to try that or not but he did a bunch of research to find out how to take it best.

Increased sweating is definitely something everyone has been experiencing including myself.
Do you think fish oil is a sufficient source of fat to take it with?

LDubs

LDubs

Awards

Thanks for following!

I actually saw his post and was thinking I may pick up one more bottle of epic and run it for closer to 11 weeks dosing like this: training days - 2pre wo, 1cap at night. Off days- 1 am/1pm.

I will begin dosing like mentioned right away and pick up the extra bottle in the next couple weeks.

LDubs

LDubs

Awards
Starting measurements:

Weight: 209.6 lbs
BF%: 18
Right bicep: 15 1/4
Left bicep: 15 3/8

I will report any changes to these.

All measures were taken on day 2. Weight was taken yesterday morning, fasted. Other measurements taken last night.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Never mind. Just answered that question, it's not.
What was the reason for the decision that it was not going to be effective? Were you referring to fish oil caps if so then yeah i wouldn't think so since most are enteric coated and would not dissolve until it got to the intestines. However is there another reason that you found? Very curious.
Thanks for following!

I actually saw his post and was thinking I may pick up one more bottle of epic and run it for closer to 11 weeks dosing like this: training days - 2pre wo, 1cap at night. Off days- 1 am/1pm.

I will begin dosing like mentioned right away and pick up the extra bottle in the next couple weeks.
That would be pretty awesome.

Starting measurements:

Weight: 209.6 lbs
BF%: 18
Right bicep: 15 1/4
Left bicep: 15 3/8

I will report any changes to these.

All measures were taken on day 2. Weight was taken yesterday morning, fasted. Other measurements taken last night.
Great measurements are hard to refute. Do you plan on doing any pictures?
Spaniard, jaycuda, g0hardorgohom, Olympus Labs come check the log out.

BigRed1974

BigRed1974

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Looking forward to using Ep1c after my cycle

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Only in the amount of fat in each cap, approximately 1 gram. Seems like a better source would be a scoop of peanut butter.

Olympus Labs

Olympus Labs

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
subbed!

LDubs

LDubs

Awards
Great measurements are hard to refute. Do you plan on doing any pictures?
Yeah, ill post up pics tonight.

I originally wanted to so that I could look for myself to see any changes to physique, but then chickened out because my body is not as lean or big as most the guys here. I guess I got a little self conscious. However, I know I like logs with pics better than logs without, so what the fuk, ill do it. I just gotta wait till the wife gets home so she can take some for me.

LDubs

LDubs

Awards
Rear double bi. I took two in different lighting to try and give the best idea of where I'm at right now.

20140820_205546-2.jpg

20140820_164245-1-1.jpg

LDubs

LDubs

Awards
Where I'm at right now is a starting point for my physique. I'm not at all happy with the way I look right now. I am hoping that by the end of this run there will be a dramatic difference in my appearance.

LDubs

LDubs

Awards
Day 3:
Off day, not really anything to report.

Day4:
Just got done working out. I wasn't sweating quite as much as on day 2, not sure I can say anymore than normal really. I didnt notice anything on my main lifts today, which are 5, 5, 5+ reps. However, I did complete a few more reps than I expected on my accessory work, which is in the 12-15 rep range. Was it the EP1C? Not sure. I have had great workouts in the past where I finish thinking, "that was a great workout!" We'll know its the ep1c if this keeps happening/improving. Its got me hopeful though!

LDubs

LDubs

Awards
Oh and another day 4 note. I did have a pretty nice pump by the end of the workout, but nothing that is too out of the ordinary or mind blowing.

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Where I'm at right now is a starting point for my physique. I'm not at all happy with the way I look right now. I am hoping that by the end of this run there will be a dramatic difference in my appearance.
You are on your way bro....let's do this!!!

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Late but in! Gotta catch up with this on Sunday when I've more time to be online again.

Good luck!

LDubs

LDubs

Awards
Day 5

I woke up really sore this morning. I've seen other users report increased DOMS. We'll see if it continues.

Also, I am starting to notice some increased muscle fullness throughout my body and a little more vascularity in my forearms.

Looking forward to tomorrows workout!

Olympus Labs

Olympus Labs

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
this might end up doing real well for you if you're aiming for recomp. Is your diet at maintenance or are you in a deficit?

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Did you take 2 caps PWO on Day 1? Just got mine in today!!

LDubs

LDubs

Awards
this might end up doing real well for you if you're aiming for recomp. Is your diet at maintenance or are you in a deficit?
Yeah that's what I am hoping! I am just under maintenance. Depending on the day im between 200-400 under.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well day 1 was an off day, but day 2 I took 2 caps about maybe a half hour before working out.
Yeah I just popped 2 about an hour before. Heavy deads and weighted pull up day!! I'm already pretty intense at the gym, be interesting to see what this stuff does!!

LDubs

LDubs

Awards
Day 6

Average workout this morning. My alarm went off and I still felt dead tired. Had to drag myself out of bed to get ready. I can't say I noticed much of anything out of the ordinary during my workout today.

I weighed myself today and was up a pound and a half at 211.4 lbs. Strange since I'm eating under maintenance. Could this be due to increased glycogen retention? I am feeling fuller all over and dont look any fatter, if anything I look slightly leaner in areas.

RJW719

RJW719

Awards
  • Established
Subbed! I'm really curious about epi. Many people seem to be getting good results with it.

LDubs

LDubs

Awards
Day 7

Off day. Slight increase in vascularity continuing.

Day 8

Off day.

LDubs

LDubs

Awards
Day 9

Weighed in at 209.8 lbs this morning. So, basically back to where I started now which is more what I was expecting to see from this. Hopefully weight will continue to drop a bit while strength and endurance increase. Didn't notice anything out of the ordinary during my workout today.

LDubs

LDubs

Awards
DAY 13

Ooookay, now we're in business!

Today was by far the best workout I've had since starting EP1C. My rest between sets was down to a minute, sometimes slightly less. Usually I'm resting between 1.5-2.5 min. This decrease in rest is just since my last workout on Thurs. where i was still needing longer. Sweating like a mofo. Felt strong, felt focused. Just killed it.

Weight this morning: 209.4 lbs (-0.2 lbs)

Hopefully this continues for the next 8 weeks.

RJW719

RJW719

Awards
  • Established
Nice man! Glad to hear things are starting to get good. What's your dosing like right now?

LDubs

LDubs

Awards
Training Days:
2 caps preworkout (first thing in the morning), 1 cap before bed.

Off days:
1 cap AM, 1 cap PM

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Accidentally deleted all my subscriptions. Re-subbing!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good stuff LDubs look forward to continued feedback.

LDubs

LDubs

Awards
DAY 16

Last night I only got about 4.5 hours of sleep. I think my workout suffered a bit from that this morning. I just couldn't get in the zone. Nonetheless, I was able to have a decent workout.

My rest periods were significantly shorter. Well under a min between sets. Finished up and looked at the clock like, "wow!" Couldn't believe I got done that fast.

I didn't really notice any endurance during the set, like getting more reps though.

As far as the pump goes, I cant say it was any better than what I would have gotten with thw preworkout alone.

My weight has dropped once again. Today's weight: 208.8 (-0.8 lbs)

LDubs

LDubs

Awards
I was asked through pm about side effects so I thought I ought to share my observations with everyone.

I have had zero negative side effects other than slight stomach discomfort after taking the 2 cap dose on an empty stomach preworkout.

My other doses are with food so it could be from taking it on an empty stomach. OR, it could be that when taking 2 caps thats what's causing it. Then again, it could be a combination of those things.

Either way, its not horrible discomfort and it only lasts for 1-3 hours.

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I guess Im late getting to this party.. :thumbsup: