booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Welcome to my Myokem Magnitropin lean bulking log. The guys over at Myokem were generous enough to allow me to log a bottle of their new muscle building supplement Magnitropin. This product has quite the exciting ingredient panel and looks to have true potential to be a top notch natural anabolic.; Alas, only time will tell! So lets see what we're working with:

[h=3]Magnitropin Supplement Facts[/h] Serving Size: capsules
Servings per Container: ~24

Amount Per Serving% Daily Value
Magnitropin™ Proprietary Matrix4.3 g**
Paederia foetida extract (20:1) **
Cistanche deserticola extract (20:1) **
Gentiana lutea extract (10:1) **
(-)-Epicatechin **
Black pepper extract (std. min. 95% Piperine) (fruit) **

What Are My Goals

I have two main goals for this fall/winter:
1) Build as much new muscle as possible (I'd like to gain at least 5lb of muscle by next spring)
2) Stay relatively lean (Low teens BF%) so that I don't have to cut for 6mo out of the year to be in shape for a week vacation.

I have always been on the higher bf side (with no particular diet/maint i tend to sit around 18-20%) but i would like to change this. This year's bulking will be my first long term attempt at a lean bulk and maintenance. I want to make a true lifestyle change that I can maintain year round and be able to enjoy dinners out and occasional indulgences without guilt (or not eating at all - cutting) or reckless abandon (bulking).

Where I'm At Now

Currently, 26, 5'10", 172 lbs, 12% bf (total guesstimate) - I spent Jan 1 - Jul 10 cutting. Went from 205lb @ 21% bf (est) to 155lb @ 7-8% bf (calipered lower but estimated about there). July 11-19 I went on an all inclusive cruise and came back 26lb heavier... Oops. The last few weeks I've been cutting/reverse dieting to lose some of the ridic amount of water and fat I gained during vacation. For the rest of the month of august I will be slowly adding in calories to begin my reverse diet. The last week I will be on vacation but it'll be a family one so the food will be much more controlled. Through the fall I want to be able to relax my diet a lot from my cutting diet and enjoy football parties and family dinners so that is my goal in getting my calories up.

I severely injured my left hamstring 6/6/14 (grade 2 strain, just shy of tearing) so I've been working to come back from that. I wasn't even able to walk without a severe limp for 2 weeks and it was well over a month before I could even lightly jog. I'm about 95% and most lifts are fine to do now. I still haven't tried full sprints yet though so that will have to happen soon.

Current 1PR's:
These were all in the spring, since cutting for so long strength has gone down thus PR vs 1RM (current estimated 1RM in parentheses)
Squat - 315x1 (275)
Bench - 230x1 (205)
Deadlift - 315x1 (295)
OHP - 175x1 (135)

Staple Supplements I Use

- Multi
- Fish oil (4g/day)
- Protein (currently Select/Oxyelite)
- Creatine (have been off since mid July, will start back at 5g/day pwo 9/2)

Supplements I'm Using Currently
None. Just finished up Cannibal Alpha and am taking a few weeks off of everything to let me body settle. I've been on a stim break since mid July as well so when I get back to the grind after labor day (9/2) I'll be clean and clear for some pre workouts and muscle building magic!

Diet
I'll be running a very simple 40/40/20 p/c/f split with all of my carbs periworkout. Calories will start at 2000kcall and get bumped up as needed to build and hold at a reasonable leanness. A typical weekday will look like this:
Meal 1 (6am) - 6 egg whites/ 2c spinach
Meal 2 (9am) - 8oz pork/ salad
Meal3 (12pm) - 1c oats/8oz chicken/salad
Train (3pm)
PWO Shake (4:30pm) - 1sc whey
PWO Meal/Dinner (5:30pm) - 8oz chicken/2c Cheerios/1c Almond milk/veggies
Pre Bed (9pm) - 1c Almond Milk/1T PB/1sc blend protein

Training
I will be doing a modified PHAT routine that has me training 6 on 1 off, with 3 power and 3 hypertrophy days.
Mon - Hyper Lower
Tue - Hyper Push
Wed - Hyper Pull
Thu - OFF
Fri - Power Lower
Sat - Power Push
Sun - Power Pull
Repeat

Anything Else?

- I'll be posting start pics at the end of the month when I return from vacation and begin the bulking

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed cause we're both logging together. Nice #'s for being that lean. I feel like a weakling compared to you, haha.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Subbed cause we're both logging together. Nice #'s for being that lean. I feel like a weakling compared to you, haha.
Ha thanks man. Those are like baby numbers around here. I've ways been more concerned about looks vs actually being strong (as I'm not really) so it's all about checking my ego lately.

I've actually lowered all my weights this last week and really focused on form and not going to failure so in truly working the muscles as not just throwing weight around.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ha thanks man. Those are like baby numbers around here. I've ways been more concerned about looks vs actually being strong (as I'm not really) so it's all about checking my ego lately.

I've actually lowered all my weights this last week and really focused on form and not going to failure so in truly working the muscles as not just throwing weight around.
I just updated my thread with my current maxes and stuff since I forgot to initially include them.

But yeah, I agree. I've been trying to lean out lately but also focus on form and clean reps to avoid injuring myself or looking like a jackass. I think I've hit a happy medium of bar speed/form while still challenging myself pretty well. My #'s are weak compared to everyone in my gym as well. Everyone in my gym seems to Bench 315+ and Squat and Deadlift ridiculous #'s for reps.....ahha.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I just updated my thread with my current maxes and stuff since I forgot to initially include them.

But yeah, I agree. I've been trying to lean out lately but also focus on form and clean reps to avoid injuring myself or looking like a jackass. I think I've hit a happy medium of bar speed/form while still challenging myself pretty well. My #'s are weak compared to everyone in my gym as well. Everyone in my gym seems to Bench 315+ and Squat and Deadlift ridiculous #'s for reps.....ahha.
That's the beauty of my gym... I'm normally the only person there, and even when I'm not, most of the other patrons are 75+yrs old and can barely move. With the exception of 1 other dude I've seen around I'm the biggest and strongest by far ha. Nothing boosts the ego like out-benching an 80yr old lady ;)

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's the beauty of my gym... I'm normally the only person there, and even when I'm not, most of the other patrons are 75+yrs old and can barely move. With the exception of 1 other dude I've seen around I'm the biggest and strongest by far ha. Nothing boosts the ego like out-benching an 80yr old lady ;)
LOL. Yeah, my gym is a meathead powerlifting gym. Best lifting atmosphere ever (grunting, dropping weights, yelling, etc), and really hypes me up to work harder.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
subbed because I will be logging this later

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
LOL. Yeah, my gym is a meathead powerlifting gym. Best lifting atmosphere ever (grunting, dropping weights, yelling, etc), and really hypes me up to work harder.
There are def days i wish I had that kind of atmosphere but knowing there will never be anyone to get in the way or use the power rack is a great feeling ha. The only person that ever moves the pegs around and such is me.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Crap I just realized I misspelled MAGNITROPIN in the title... Admin can you fix this?

Fixed. Thanks!

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
There are def days i wish I had that kind of atmosphere but knowing there will never be anyone to get in the way or use the power rack is a great feeling ha. The only person that ever moves the pegs around and such is me.
these gyms bring a different type of intensity for sure. Sometimes I would rather a quiet gym myself because it's me time

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
these gyms bring a different type of intensity for sure. Sometimes I would rather a quiet gym myself because it's me time
I hear you on the "me" time. I wear baggy sweatshirts, a beanie, and headphones; give everyone the "don't talk to me" death stare when they even look near me; and leave my phone in the car. All I want is to get in, and do my work.

hulkish1

hulkish1

Awards
I use to have a nice meathead gym dim lit but everything was maintained the place was a dive compared to others i have used. i miss it for sure. i moved away from it and now have about 10g invested in my own meathead layer. 750sq ft garage that has never seen a car in it since i moved in lol

Myokemist

Awards
I suppose I'll join the party too...LOL

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I use to have a nice meathead gym dim lit but everything was maintained the place was a dive compared to others i have used. i miss it for sure. i moved away from it and now have about 10g invested in my own meathead layer. 750sq ft garage that has never seen a car in it since i moved in lol
If I lived in a house I'd totally rock a home gym.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
If I lived in a house I'd totally rock a home gym.
I was supposed to have squat rack combo setup delivered today... Fcking Sears shipped it so poorly it got destroyed and they lost parts in the truck. So now I have to wait another 3 weeks. So furious there are no words

hulkish1

hulkish1

Awards
that sucks! i stick with the trusty shady craigslist lol

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
that sucks! i stick with the trusty shady craigslist lol
That'll be where I get all the weights from for sure ha.... Finally gonna replace the old skinny bar and concrete filled plastic weights that I have to use all of for pretty much any exercise I do at home. Worst part is trying to figure out what they actually weigh to get an idea of what I'm lifting. Who the hell wants to add up 8.8lb + 14.4lb + etc... whoever designed those was a diick.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
That'll be where I get all the weights from for sure ha.... Finally gonna replace the old skinny bar and concrete filled plastic weights that I have to use all of for pretty much any exercise I do at home. Worst part is trying to figure out what they actually weigh to get an idea of what I'm lifting. Who the hell wants to add up 8.8lb + 14.4lb + etc... whoever designed those was a diick.
And the gf comes through for my bday and gets me started:

image-3543281788.jpg

Myokemist

Awards
hulkish1

hulkish1

Awards
more like dry ice lol,

i always bring a tactical knife with me, you never know if someone is going to think i have a purrty mouth

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
more like dry ice lol,

i always bring a tactical knife with me, you never know if someone is going to think i have a purrty mouth
haha I always made my gf take a pic of the car that pulled up when she was about to sell concert ix in case she disappeared

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Got this bad boy today! What a tease minutes before I leave for vacation. I'll be plotting my mass over the next week and when I come home... ITS ON!

image-1057931121.jpg

image-436586818.jpg

papapudgy

papapudgy

Awards
I'm in... does anyone know when the 20% sale ends on nutraplanet?

Myokemist

Awards
I'm in... does anyone know when the 20% sale ends on nutraplanet?
Should be any day. It was supposed to be a 2 week intro sale.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
On my way home from vacation today. Will post up starting stats and pics tomorrow morning and get this bad boy rolling!

The only question that remains is to run solo or stack with ABE/ara? Thoughts?

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
On my way home from vacation today. Will post up starting stats and pics tomorrow morning and get this bad boy rolling!

Well, I think it's ingredient profile is pretty comprehensive. I think it'd be good to run it solo.

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards

i'd run it solo just so you get a good gauge of it's effectiveness

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
ma, are you in the fantasy football league? we need one more and we draft tomorrow night

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So tomorrow will begin day 1 of my dosing. I'll be jumping straight into my planned workouts so it'll be a power leg day right off the bat!

Dosing will be 3 caps pre workout (fasted) and 3 caps with my pwo meal.

That's gonna be a standard weekend dosing for me. Weekdays I'll be doing 3 caps with my pre workout meal and then 3 caps with my pwo meal

Any different thoughts on dosing especially related to the weekends?

Myokemist

Awards
So tomorrow will begin day 1 of my dosing. I'll be jumping straight into my planned workouts so it'll be a power leg day right off the bat! Dosing will be 3 caps pre workout (fasted) and 3 caps with my pwo meal. That's gonna be a standard weekend dosing for me. Weekdays I'll be doing 3 caps with my pre workout meal and then 3 caps with my pwo meal Any different thoughts on dosing especially related to the weekends?
I would advise taking with food. It has blood sugar lowering effects.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I would advise taking with food. It has blood sugar lowering effects.
So should I dose pwo and then later in the day with another meal?

Myokemist

Awards
booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yeah that would be best given your training schedule.
Weekdays look good though? About 2hrs pre and 1 hr post so doses roughly 4hrs apart

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Starting pics. Weighed in will be tomorrow morning once I've gotten some water back in my system after a dehydrating 12hr car ride.

image-3366646626.jpg

image-2023739157.jpg

Will take my first dose pwo tomorrow per the big mans recommendations and then second dose later in the day.

Also got my schedule mixed up and it's power pull day instead of legs so you know what that means... DEADLIFTS! Woo. Can't wait to be back in the gym after a nice week off.

Myokemist

Awards
frankz2

frankz2

Awards
Also in here. This is currently near the top of my list for a lean bulk this winter as well.

turff49

turff49

Awards
Get some Taurine to take. You may get some cramps. 5grams morning 5 evening.