ma70's Myokem Magnitropin Log.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hello everyone. I've been selected to log Myokem's new natural anabolic, Magnitropin. It's a proprietary blend of:

Paederia foetida extract (20:1) --> Test Booster
Cistanche deserticola extract (20:1) --> Test Booster
Gentiana lutea extract (10:1) --> Increase Hunger
(-)-Epicatechin --> Myostatin Inhibitor
Black pepper extract (std. min. 95% Piperine) (fruit) --> Absorption Enhancer

I am 24 years old and I've been training for 2 years, although it's really been 1 year of serious training (dialed in workouts/diet/etc). Normally, I utilize a powerbuilding style approach to working out, which is basically doing high intensity compound lifts with low volume (usually I lead things up to multiple heavy doubles), followed by bodybuilding style assistance exercises.

I usually workout in the AM fasted (unless BCAAs count as being fed) then I try to get my calories in throughout the day. Judging by all of the anecdotal information for these, along with my actual experience with Epicatechin, I see no problem with dosing Magnitropin pre-workout (without food) and then later on with food.

Current Weight as of 8/10/14 (Dry): 193 lbs
Current Weight as of 9/1/14 (9 days into cycle): 197 lbs
Current Weight as of 9/9/14 (17 days into cycle): 198 lbs
Final Weight as of 9/16/14 (24 days into cycle): 199 lbs

Keep in mind, these are not actual 1RM's, which may or may not be higher but I prefer to train submaximally so I do weight percentages based on my training max to ensure clean reps that aren't ugly and questionable. I live a pretty busy lifestyle so I have to leave some in the tank for my actual life.

Old PR's from 2-3 Months Ago at 203 lbs (when lifting at maximum intensity):
Bench Press: 220 x 3
Pendlay Row: 185 x 3
Overhead Press: 140 x 4
Deadlift: 325 x 3
Squat: I prefer volume on these but I still base the weights on a % max. No recent record since I like doing these 5x5 style. 255 lbs 5x5 was my best.

Best Overall PR's as of now at 198-199 lbs:
Bench Press: 230 x 1
Pendlay Row: 205 x 2
Overhead Press: 145 x 1
Deadlift: 360 x 1
Squat: Untested

Diet:
I generally like to go for 0.8g Protein per lb bodyweight and 0.4g Fat per lb bodyweight and then I fill the rest of my calories with carbs to hit my maintenance of ~2700 calories. During this recomp/lean bulk, I will try to be as disciplined as possible to hit a slight caloric surplus, but my appetite already is pretty monstrous and I have a feeling this supplement will push me over the edge and this is gonna be a nasty ass bulk. As stated above though, this may not even matter because I am doing a LOT of jogging.

Supplements I will be running alongside:

Protein Powder (usually a mix of custom 50/50 mix of Whey/Casein spiked with 5g SNS Leucine) or PES Select
SNS Creatine (5g on Workout Days taken with Protein Powder)
Scivation Xtend BCAAs (1 Scoop Pre-Workout)
Controlled Labs Orange Triad (6 tabs per day)
Controlled Labs Oximega (6g per day)
Antaeus Labs Achilles (4 caps per day)
iForce Joint Help (4 caps per day)

I'm only running these because last time I ran an anabolic with Epicatechin in it (Follidrone) it really gave me ridiculous endurance so I drove myself into the ground with insane volume, so I'm taking no chances this time. I've run Anabeta, X-Gels, and Follidrone so I can compare how this works compared to the other anabolics I've tried and give a good final word. After a long first post, let the games begin!

Pics are below. First one is a shot taken dry (relatively) one day before I'm going to start the log. Second one is on Day 25 (1 day after the supplement is finished), with some carb bloat. I am not flexing in either picture.

day1oflog.jpg
day24oflog.jpg

Final pic/weigh in is up. I'm 199 lbs right now up from 193. Starting this log, I was on a very low carb diet (under 100 carbs) so I can accustom the weight gain to a mix of water weight/all that other good stuff from the extra carbs, but also some from the supplement. I ate on a constant 400-700 calorie surplus this log, and on some days, it was so brutal I didn't even count and in the final picture, I didn't gain that much fat if at all. (I couldn't get the angle and stuff that I got on the first picture but I can generally tell that my mid section is the same). What I should add is that my back is looking more defined/bigger and my legs gained size (my jeans are overall tighter around my legs). I also nailed out many various PRs that I'm proud of. These are the results that I've noticed on my short 24 day run and most anecdotal feedback shows that it's ingredients Cistanche/Epicatechin shine in the later weeks.

Some things I noticed during the course of time:
- Possible strength increase (depends how you perceive strength. I was constantly able to increase weights/reps on my exercises but since I've haven't maximally lifted until the end of the log, it's hard to tell)
- Increased muscular endurance (as seen by my constant assistance exercises increasing)
- Better cardiovascular endurance (easier breathing in between sets and easier to jog/sprint)
- Reduced perception of fatigue (I just felt like I could push through my workouts even though they were lengthy sometimes)
- Hunger
- Vascularity/pumps (especially when working out)
- Positive body composition effects (I ate on a massive surplus and I barely gained fat IMO)
- Libido boost
- Oily skin (maybe this was just me, but I'm acne prone)
- Increased sweating (but maybe this is due to extra volume/shorter rest, etc)

Other things I noticed that went away:
- Cramping (after hydrating more after the first workout, I never had this again. No Taurine required)
- Hunger (yes, I've listed this twice. Some days the hunger was manageable. Some days the hunger was ridiculous. I am not sure if it's the timing of taking it that effects this)

Thanks to Myokem for allowing me to log this! It's a great product for bulking and it'll definitely force you to eat. You definitely shouldn't be afraid to eat on this though because I feel it's body composition effects help mitigate the fat gain. I'd run this for a second bottle if I didn't have to mind my food budget. The ergogenic effects were great though and definitely will help you push past plateaus.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Myokemist, I am training for the Super Spartan Race on September 7 (so I'm doing a lot of conditioning). Do you want me to start logging after that, or do you want me to log this as soon as possible? I am just making sure to ask because I don't want to skew weight room results due to my sudden increase in conditioning work.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In man! Good info for the intro!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
In to compare. We're gonna have a good time ;) I'll be starting mine after labor day (going away for vacation next week with nowhere to train)

hulkish1

hulkish1

Awards
i would say start close to the same time and hell run a dual log to compare results if you want

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In to compare. We're gonna have a good time ;) I'll be starting mine after labor day (going away for vacation next week with nowhere to train)
The timing should be pretty close for when we're both gonna start.

Myokemist

Awards
@Myokemist, I am training for the Super Spartan Race on September 7 (so I'm doing a lot of conditioning). Do you want me to start logging after that, or do you want me to log this as soon as possible? I am just making sure to ask because I don't want to skew weight room results due to my sudden increase in conditioning work.
Start ASAP. Obviously, there's the potential to reduce size gains, but this would be a good test to show how effective Magnitropin is.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Got mine too. Such a tease as I'm walking out the door for vacation ha.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm in!

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just put up a picture of me being relatively dry (no food) but maybe some carb bloat. That'll be my day 1/"before" picture. Hopefully I lean out or build some mass by the end, although it'll be uncertain since I'm doing a crapload of cardio for the Spartan Race prep. I'm a bit shy about posting up pics in general cause everyone here seems to be ripped or jacked, so sorry for the lack of pics.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alright, today starts the Magnitropin cycle. 3 caps pre-workout, then I will do 3 caps later on in the day.

Day 1:

10 Sprints (about 60-80 yards), while walking back to starting point in between. (I do this first because the quads absorb the impact when sprinting and I don't want to wear out my quads before doing this)

Lying Leg Curls: (I like to do these before Squats because my knees feel better when my hamstrings are warmed up)
2 stacks, 1x15
2 stacks, 1x15
4 stacks, 1x15
4 stacks, 1x12
4 stacks, 1x9
4 stacks, 1x6

Squats: (Squat volume is down because of all the jogging I do on off days, and the sprinting I do before the workout.)
135 lbs x5
185 lbs x5
225 lbs x5
275 lbs x5

Single Leg DB Lunges:
30 lbs x10x2 (I do each leg at a time)

Romanian Deadlifts: (Just to stretch out my hamstrings)
95 lbs x 15
95 lbs x 15
95 lbs x 15

Post Workout Thoughts:
Hydration is very, very important. Normally I am able to pull off this routine (I have 20 oz of water before my workout), but when I started doing my lunges my hamstrings felt like they were going to cramp up, so instead of doing 3 sets of 10, I just did one set of 10 on each leg. I normally stretch out my hamstrings afterwards with light Romanian Deadlifts, and I got through those fine because I was careful, but I think I need to increase the amount of water before workout. This wasn't really a thing with Epicatechin, so it must be the Paederia foetida or the Cistanche (or maybe I just suck this morning). This wasn't a wasted workout though, because while it may be placebo, my endurance definitely seemed better (until the slight feeling of cramps towards the end). Not feeling the hunger increase that is supposed to happen yet (from the Gentiana lutea) but I'm typing this 20 minutes after the workout when I usually have a stunted appetite. One I start eating I will see if my hunger becomes stronger/uncontrollable.

I will post up my macros at the end of the day or tomorrow morning. The goal of the next workout will be to actually finish all of my lunges, and maybe add slightly more Squat volume.

shirt

Awards
I picked up some of this while on sale to start in November. So, I'm eager to see what you get out of it.

Seem to be off to a good start....nice workout.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I picked up some of this while on sale to start in November. So, I'm eager to see what you get out of it.

Seem to be off to a good start....nice workout.
Thanks! My legs are toast right now. Haha. I wish I didn't cramp up towards the end

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
Alright, today starts the Magnitropin cycle. 3 caps pre-workout, then I will do 3 caps later on in the day.

Day 1:

10 Sprints (about 60-80 yards), while walking back to starting point in between. (I do this first because the quads absorb the impact when sprinting and I don't want to wear out my quads before doing this)

Lying Leg Curls: (I like to do these before Squats because my knees feel better when my hamstrings are warmed up)
2 stacks, 1x15
2 stacks, 1x15
4 stacks, 1x15
4 stacks, 1x12
4 stacks, 1x9
4 stacks, 1x6

Squats: (Squat volume is down because of all the jogging I do on off days, and the sprinting I do before the workout.)
135 lbs x5
185 lbs x5
225 lbs x5
275 lbs x5

Single Leg DB Lunges:
30 lbs x10x2 (I do each leg at a time)

Romanian Deadlifts: (Just to stretch out my hamstrings)
95 lbs x 15
95 lbs x 15
95 lbs x 15

Post Workout Thoughts:
Hydration is very, very important. Normally I am able to pull off this routine (I have 20 oz of water before my workout), but when I started doing my lunges my hamstrings felt like they were going to cramp up, so instead of doing 3 sets of 10, I just did one set of 10 on each leg. I normally stretch out my hamstrings afterwards with light Romanian Deadlifts, and I got through those fine because I was careful, but I think I need to increase the amount of water before workout. This wasn't really a thing with Epicatechin, so it must be the Paederia foetida or the Cistanche (or maybe I just suck this morning). This wasn't a wasted workout though, because while it may be placebo, my endurance definitely seemed better (until the slight feeling of cramps towards the end). Not feeling the hunger increase that is supposed to happen yet (from the Gentiana lutea) but I'm typing this 20 minutes after the workout when I usually have a stunted appetite. One I start eating I will see if my hunger becomes stronger/uncontrollable.

I will post up my macros at the end of the day or tomorrow morning. The goal of the next workout will be to actually finish all of my lunges, and maybe add slightly more Squat volume.
cramping could be a multitude of things, hopefully it was just an odd morning. great workout though bro!

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
cramping could be a multitude of things, hopefully it was just an odd morning. great workout though bro!
Yeah I hope it was an odd morning. Sorta annoyed me though cause I was catching my breath pretty easily in between sets.

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
Yeah I hope it was an odd morning. Sorta annoyed me though cause I was catching my breath pretty easily in between sets.
The worst :/

When I tried TTA, the cramps were brutal

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Ya 20oz is like nothing for water. You could've taken an extra whiz overnight and lost more then that. Try having a big glass upon waking and then your normal pre.

That's interesting doing te leg curls before squats. My knees get sore now and again so maybe I'll try some light sets to warmup and then squat. Usually I just do 5min on the airdyne bike rotating pedaling forward and backwards

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
Ya 20oz is like nothing for water. You could've taken an extra whiz overnight and lost more then that. Try having a big glass upon waking and then your normal pre.

That's interesting doing te leg curls before squats. My knees get sore now and again so maybe I'll try some light sets to warmup and then squat. Usually I just do 5min on the airdyne bike rotating pedaling forward and backwards
My last elg workout I actually did ham curls and leg ext before squats. Felt I was much looser

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cramping could be a mineral/electrolyte imbalance as well. Increase your water, and maybe start dosing magnesium and potassium with an increased water intake.

Off to a great start tho!

Myokemist

Awards
Cramping has been a common side with Magnitropin. I get cramps in my hands from time to time.

Appetite usually kicks in 3-4 days. Some people notice it right away, but took me 4.

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
Cramping has been a common side with Magnitropin. I get cramps in my hands from time to time.

Appetite usually kicks in 3-4 days. Some people notice it right away, but took me 4.
My client who's running it noticed it immediately. No cramps for him, but said he had 1,600 calories post wo worth of protein powder, eggos and pop tarts... Was still hungry after but ran out of eggos lol

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
Subbed. Is the cramping something that reportedly goes away over time or requires additional measures to alleviate?

Myokemist

Awards
Subbed. Is the cramping something that reportedly goes away over time or requires additional measures to alleviate?
It's on-going. Increased electrolytes/hydration hasn't helped. Haven't tried taurine yet though.

Myokemist

Awards
My client who's running it noticed it immediately. No cramps for him, but said he had 1,600 calories post wo worth of protein powder, eggos and pop tarts... Was still hungry after but ran out of eggos lol
Gainz for daiz

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, I copied the leg curl before squatting idea from a good t-nation article and it ended up helping me out.

Also, I am normally fine on 20oz of water which is why this workout surprised me. The BCAAs I take have an electrolyte complex in them so maybe I should take two scoops instead.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oops, just saw Myokemist's post. Any idea where the cramping comes from?

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Betchu he's going to start to hate his grocery bill lolol

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
good luck!!!

Myokemist

Awards
Oops, just saw Myokemist's post. Any idea where the cramping comes from?
It's definitely coming from the paederia, but haven't been able to pinpoint why. I ran Paederia by itself during the R&D phase and had the same issues.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Macros for today:
2900 calories
210g Protein
135g Fat
(Fill the rest with carbs. This is how I usually do this to make sure I get enough dietary fat/protein)

Doing some benching tomorrow. Hopefully my legs don't cramp up while I'm using leg drive.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's a whole lotta fat! You cycle your carbs/fats to coincide with the days you lift and rest?

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's a whole lotta fat! You cycle your carbs/fats to coincide with the days you lift and rest?
I normally do a good job of cycling them, but the problem was yesterday I was pretty low on protein by the halfway point of the day and I needed to stay satiated so I just ate burgers (which have a decent amount of fat in them). I only ate 200 over maintenance though. I did decent volume yesterday so I think that's what had me so hungry, or it's the supplement. Who knows? I'm trying to remain as strict/controlled as possible though.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 2:

Bench Press: (some leg drive on these. I was too scared of cramping up if I leg drove really hard)
Bar x5
115 x4
135 x3
155 x2
175 x1
205 x2
205 x2
205 x2

DB Incline Press: (not too steep of an angle. Maybe 30 degrees?)
45 lbs x 10
45 lbs x 10
45 lbs x 10
45 lbs x 10
45 lbs x 10

Tricep Pulldown:
6 stacks x 15
6 stacks x 10
6 stacks x 10

Post-Workout Thoughts:
Good workout. Weight was all pretty easy/manageable and I handled volume pretty well. For the next workout, I plan on doing another double and more Tricep Pulldowns. I hydrated with 40oz water today instead of 20oz and there were no cramps, but then again, I never come close to cramping on Bench Press days. I was sweating a lot during the workout and getting good pumps, but not going to put these effects on the supplement yet. Endurance is great.

hulkish1

hulkish1

Awards
I haven't had cramps from this but the appetite increase is silly

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Since I'm done eating, I'll post today's macros.

~2750 calories
183g protein
92g fat
Fill rest in with carbs

turff49

turff49

Awards
If cramping starts again dose 5 grams taurine with your preworkout and another 5gr before bed.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If cramping starts again dose 5 grams taurine with your preworkout and another 5gr before bed.
I may buy some bulk taurine in the future for cases like this. Good advice!

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 3:

Pendlay Row: (Rows off the floor and reset within each rep. I don't bounce it off the floor)
95lbs x4
115lbs x3
135lbs x2
155lbs x2
165lbs x1
175lbs x2
175lbs x2
175lbs x2

One Armed DB Row: (I do the reps for the right arm, then the reps for the left arm right after, then I take a break)
50lbs x 10 x 2
45lbs x 10 x 2
45lbs x 10 x 2
45lbs x 10 x 2
45lbs x 10 x 2

Lat Pulldown:
9 stacks x 10
9 stacks x 10
9 stacks x 10
9 stacks x 10
9 stacks x 10

Seated Cable Row:
7 stacks x 15
7 stacks x 15
7 stacks x 15
7 stacks x 15
7 stacks x 15

Post Workout Thoughts:
Great workout today. Breathing is pretty easy even though I'm doing a good amount of volume and muscular endurance is great. Epicatechin started working fast for me, but I don't know about Cistanche. Also I'd like to point out that I'm sort of "acne prone" and usually using test boosters just brings out more oiliness on my skin, and well, my skin is getting pretty oily. Not sure if it's related to the supplement yet though or if it's in my head. Next goal is to do another heavy double and maybe increase the weight on the DB rows. No cramps or anything close to them to report today. Hunger seems to be normal (I'm always hungry so I got used to controlling it). We'll see if I start becoming uncontrollably hungry soon (like I was on Anabeta)

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alright my appetite has officially increased. My stomach is growling like CRAZY. Whew.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yesterday's macros:
~3000 calories
195g protein
110g fat
Fill the rest with carbs.

Day 4:
5 mile morning jog. Rest/cardio day.

hulkish1

hulkish1

Awards
nice jog as long as its a cool morning with no humidity.

glad to see the hunger is kicking in already next is the full body pumps and the horny part