Abe's OSTAR1NE PCT

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Just got off my cycle of DMZ and m1t oxime, so it is not a time to rest but push through these upcoming week and further on to maintain my hard work through the previous 6 weeks. Training is split into a three day split with upper body/lower body/ accessory day, German volume training approach with added in pyramid sets/drop sets for a mix of rep ranges. Nutrition is based off of protein intake and calories, so I don't count carbs/fats.

Stats;
185lbs
17-18% bf
5'9

Max;
Bench; 305lbs
Deadlift; 400lbs
Squat; 500lbs

PCT;
Nolva 20/20/10/10
OSTAR1NE 5mg/5mg/5mg/5mg
Form-xt 6ml a day split into 3 dosages breakfast/lunch/dinner

Staples;
Creatine Mono 5g daily
Cod oil 3g daily
Multi
AR-5 BCAA

Attachments

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established

First day into pct, so took my first dosage of osta, nolva, and form-xt. Parachuted the nolva with some juice so the taste was no problem, but the form you have to hold in your mouth which always is weird for me as it is very acidity when you keep it in your mouth and it goes down rough.

Training;
Deadlift 5x10
Front squat 5x10
Hamstring curl 10x10 (always love the pain in the hammys after this)
Hammer curls 10x10
Tricep pulldown 10x10
Bicep tension squeeze 5x10s

Food;
Chicken nuggets
1/4 gallon of milk
Protein shake
Rice
Chicken breast

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Hit up the gym later in the day, so not sure how everything is but my strength was down significantly. My diet over the weekend was at maintenance but now weight is 181, possibly a sign of lost water from going from surplus back down to maintain. The gym is better in the morning in my opinion as I don't have to wait for things though I have to as school starts up soon.

Training;
5x10 deadlifts
10x10 flat bench press
10x10 incline dumbell press
10x10 overhead press
6x10 shrugs

Food;
1/4 gallon of milk
Chicken nuggets
Grilled cheese
Protein shake
Chicken breast
Rice

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Pretty good day in the gym today, probably the best since coming off cycle. That being I was feeling weak on my deads, but pushed through leg press as it is a new exercise I tossed in and I'm liking it. Weight is steady at 180lbs now.

Training;
10x10 squats
5x10 deadlifts
10x10 leg press
10x10 rows
10x10 lat pull downs

Food;
1/4 cup of milk
Chicken nuggets
Rice
1 cup of peanuts
Chicken breast

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Accessory day. Getting all of those small things I wasn't able to focus on during the week directly. Joints were a bit rigidity on front squats so upping the cod oil slightly for a few days. Feeling damn good haven't had the typical crashes I would have in the evening, just smooth energy all day.

Training;
10x10 front squats
10x10 hamstring curls
5x10 concentration curls
5x10 hammer curls
10x10 tricep pulldowns
5x10 tricep extensions
10x10 wrist curls

Food;
Chicken nuggets
Rice
Grilled cheese
1/4 gallon of milk
Chicken breast
1 cup of peanuts

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Been feeling really hungry about those leg presses, just recently added them in after much debate and love them, it is a great ego boost to push such a heavy weight so easily, though It might not carry over to my other lifts it is good to keep me motivated and that is what makes a good day. So, in short had to hit then up today even though it was a upper body day.

Training;
10x10 chest fly
10x10 incline press
10x10 db press
10x10 shrugs
10x10 OH press
10x10 leg press - - current pr 10x730

Food;
1/4 gallon of milk
Chicken nuggets
Grilled cheese
Protein shake
Chicken breast
White cheddar premium Mac

Jared.P

Awards
in for this. i'll be quietly following. starting my first epi run on monday, and looking into this SARM business and seeing what i may like to do in one of my future planned cycles

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Worked on form today a bit as my knees have been killing me more then usual, with some slight tweaking I found that I was locking up to much on squats.

Training;
10x10 deadlift
10x10 squats
10x10 calf raises
5x10 leg press
10x10 row
10x10 lat pulldowns

Food;
1 cup of peanuts
1/4 gallon of milk
Protein shake
Chicken nuggets
Mozzarella noodles
Chicken breast

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed. Just started ostar1ne myself;)

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
in for this. i'll be quietly following. starting my first epi run on monday, and looking into this SARM business and seeing what i may like to do in one of my future planned cycles
Subbed. Just started ostar1ne myself;)
Aye glad to have you guys :). So far it has been treating me great, strength was a bit shakey at first but now it is stable with minimal lost.

Wolfy3d2000

Wolfy3d2000

Awards
  • Established
Aye glad to have you guys :). So far it has been treating me great, strength was a bit shakey at first but now it is stable with minimal lost.
What about your weight brah? Holding steady?

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Nice dude. Hoping that Osta lets you keep those hard earned gains!
Ha thanks. So far looks good for keeping most of my gains, just need to keep pushing and improving in each lifting session. I have been looking at changing up my routine and been looking at 5/3/1 and dogg crapp training but they have small volume compared to GVT, I've always used higher volume so might be a good change of pace.

Wolfy3d2000

Wolfy3d2000

Awards
  • Established
I've done both 5/3/1 and Doggcrapp. Why not the best of both worlds. Check out this article Jim Wendler combines the two. http://www.t-nation.com/workouts/531-rest-pause-6-week-challenge
Have you used this program? Just wondering if you do it the way Jim laid it out here. I've been doing 5/3/1 for about 6 months and my bench and OHP have started to stall, was looking to switch things up for a bit and this seems like a great way to keep the principals of 5/3/1 while changing the routine. Just wondering if it would be advisable to keep Squat and Deadlifts days the same, then do the DC style rest pause for OHP and Bench keeping it a four day split,

BigRed1974

BigRed1974

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Have you used this program? Just wondering if you do it the way Jim laid it out here. I've been doing 5/3/1 for about 6 months and my bench and OHP have started to stall, was looking to switch things up for a bit and this seems like a great way to keep the principals of 5/3/1 while changing the routine. Just wondering if it would be advisable to keep Squat and Deadlifts days the same, then do the DC style rest pause for OHP and Bench keeping it a four day split,
I haven't tried this layout. I ran just regular 5/3/1 for almost a year and got some good results. But I do like Rest Pause training as well so I could see it working pretty good.

Jared.P

Awards
while i realize everyone is different, and depending on how long you've been training i'm a little surprised you stalled so quickly on 5/3/1. i've been going almost a year straight now, including a 5 month cut and have been able to hit my minimum reps every single workout with the exception of one 5's bench week (low glycogen). i would look into form and diet and adjust from there and also look into stretching.

abe - here's to hoping the ostarine helps!

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Awesome thanks guys. It is just hard to figure out what next program to try out next when there is so many good ones. GVT is great and I'm stilling progressing but I think a changed a pace is due as I have run this protocol for what seems like over a year about.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Really been hitting the gym hard but research maybe even more so today. Looking up a new routine is like picking only one piece of candy at a candy shop with over a million different types of treats. Thinking about running 5/3/1 BBB with some added in accessory work.

Training;
10x10 front squats
10x10 hamstring curls
5x10 hammer curls
5x10 concentration curls
3x10 straight barbell curl
5x10 overhead extension
5x10 tricep pulldown
3x10 close grip bench press

Food;
1/4 gallon of milk
1 cup of peanuts
Protein shake
Chicken nuggets
Homemade Mac
Chicken breast

Jared.P

Awards
Real fan of 5/3/1 bbb here. I yhink youd like it with the gvt stuff youve been doing

Wolfy3d2000

Wolfy3d2000

Awards
  • Established
8.15 Really been hitting the gym hard but research maybe even more so today. Looking up a new routine is like picking only one piece of candy at a candy shop with over a million different types of treats. Thinking about running 5/3/1 BBB with some added in accessory work. Training; 10x10 front squats 10x10 hamstring curls 5x10 hammer curls 5x10 concentration curls 3x10 straight barbell curl 5x10 overhead extension 5x10 tricep pulldown 3x10 close grip bench press Food; 1/4 gallon of milk 1 cup of peanuts Protein shake Chicken nuggets Homemade Mac Chicken breast
Lol I hear you on that. If you'd like I could PM you a routine Jiggzz from SNS helped me setup. It's 5/3/1 with accessory work.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Real fan of 5/3/1 bbb here. I yhink youd like it with the gvt stuff youve been doing
Yeah there is volume to it so that will keep me satisfied.

Lol I hear you on that. If you'd like I could PM you a routine Jiggzz from SNS helped me setup. It's 5/3/1 with accessory work.
Sure i could use a good example of added in accessory work. You have run it with success? Size gains? Strength gains?

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Weighed in today, at 181 so going to be more careful with food intake this week. Finally have a kind of outline for my program for next month, it is 5/3/1 with some accessory. I will post it later to get some critique.

Training;
10x10 db bench
10x10 incline bench
10x10 overhead press
10x10 shrugs

Food;
1/4 gallon of milk
2 cup of peanuts
Protein shake
Chicken nuggets
Grilled cheese
Chicken breast
Rice

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Some critique?

Bicep/shoulders
Overhead press 5/3/1
Side lateral raise 5x10
Seated face pull 5x10
Barbell curl 5x12
Concentration curl 5x12
Hammer curl 5x12

Back
Deadlift 5/3/1
Db Row 5x10
Shrugs 5x10
Lat pulldowns 5x10
Hamstring curls 5x10

Chest/tricep
Bench 5/3/1
Close grip bench 5x10
Incline db 5x10
Tricep pushdown 5x12
Overhead extension 5x12

Legs/abs
Squats 5/3/1
Front squats 5x10
Leg press 5x10
Leg extensions 5x10
Calf raises 5x10
Reverse calf raise 5x10

Jared.P

Awards
my only critique would be the volume. 20+ sets AFTER the main lift is, in my opinion, a bit excessive. keep in mind the last set on 5/3/1 is an "all out" set, so you might not need that much extra volume.

other than that i think it looks pretty good

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
my only critique would be the volume. 20+ sets AFTER the main lift is, in my opinion, a bit excessive. keep in mind the last set on 5/3/1 is an "all out" set, so you might not need that much extra volume. other than that i think it looks pretty good
So maybe cut down on the sets 3-4? I just wanted to make sure I hit all my bases like not missing any body parts/muscles? I probably won't make the last set an all out set because of all the volume.

Jared.P

Awards
So maybe cut down on the sets 3-4? I just wanted to make sure I hit all my bases like not missing any body parts/muscles? I probably won't make the last set an all out set because of all the volume.
i think that goes with *why* you chose 5/3/1. the entire point of the routine is to get stronger, and lift maximal weight. if that is your goal, the last set NEEDS to be all out (minus 1-2 reps as in the book) and the main lift needs to be 100% priority. all other lifts in that case would be just what they are: accessory.

if you just want a change of pace with a layed out progression plan and getting stronger is more or less secondary to the goals, how you have it layed out is fine. i might knock it down to 3-4 sets anyways just to see how it feels and go up from there if you need/want

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
i think that goes with *why* you chose 5/3/1. the entire point of the routine is to get stronger, and lift maximal weight. if that is your goal, the last set NEEDS to be all out (minus 1-2 reps as in the book) and the main lift needs to be 100% priority. all other lifts in that case would be just what they are: accessory. if you just want a change of pace with a layed out progression plan and getting stronger is more or less secondary to the goals, how you have it layed out is fine. i might knock it down to 3-4 sets anyways just to see how it feels and go up from there if you need/want
From what I read from Wendler he says to keep the last to the minimum or slightly over. I'm looking for both size and strength, size a bit more, but strength aids in that IMO. And true I think I will go for 3 sets and see how that treats me, thanks :)

www.jimwendler.com/2012/09/531-and-bodybuilding/

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Pretty crazy day today. Someone in my gym was taken out on stretcher, no idea what happened but they were knocked out...

Training;
10x10 deadlifts
10x10 squats
10x10 calf raises/reverses
5x10 leg press ---new pr: 905x10
10x10 rows
10x10 lat pulldowns

Food;
1/4 gallon of milk
Chicken nuggets
Rice
1 cup of peanuts
Chicken breast
Homemade Mac

Jared.P

Awards
From what I read from Wendler he says to keep the last to the minimum or slightly over. I'm looking for both size and strength, size a bit more, but strength aids in that IMO. And true I think I will go for 3 sets and see how that treats me, thanks :)

you chose a different modification of the routine than what i've used. id say you're good to go!

Contaygious

Contaygious

Awards
  • Established
Hey so how do feel the 5g is working? I'm thinking 10mg right now for my current pct...i heard week three is where it really shines, but then we'll be done almost right?

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Hey so how do feel the 5g is working? I'm thinking 10mg right now for my current pct...i heard week three is where it really shines, but then we'll be done almost right?
5grams sounds crazy lol. It has been treating me well.

Contaygious

Contaygious

Awards
  • Established
Lol yeah 5mg haha

Contaygious

Contaygious

Awards
  • Established
Word! Do you think 10 is overkill then? For pct

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Word! Do you think 10 is overkill then? For pct
10mg overkill? Well for pct it still suppressive even at 3mg I hear so I kept it at 5mg. You could try 10mg but I think that would be the max.

CT3

CT3

Awards
  • Established
I've got my osta on the way. Planned on 10 for pct myself.

Jared.P

Awards
Btw Jared P, you logging your epi cycle?
I started on Sunday, waiting for something exciting to happen before I post much and times been real short. I will log it though for sure

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Just a bit of an update. Decided to make this week a deload, so no time in the gym until next week where I will be changing my routine and start a whole new log. It will be bit more organized and be updated 4 times a week. So stay tuned.

And recovery wise I feel great and all seems well. Of course I don't have bloods to say all is good, but I feel pretty good and running smooth.
Current weight: 182

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just a bit of an update. Decided to make this week a deload, so no time in the gym until next week where I will be changing my routine and start a whole new log. It will be bit more organized and be updated 4 times a week. So stay tuned.

And recovery wise I feel great and all seems well. Of course I don't have bloods to say all is good, but I feel pretty good and running smooth.
Rest and heal, to fight another day;)

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Let us know when you're getting the new start up and running, since you're one of the few running at a lower dose (<20 mg). This is most interesting though to see how your results will compare.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Rest and heal, to fight another day;)
Oh yeahhhh I want to be fully recover for my shredding time.

Let us know when you're getting the new start up and running, since you're one of the few running at a lower dose (<20 mg). This is most interesting though to see how your results will compare.
Well I was going to halt osta after these 4 weeks as that is all I wanted for is pct. next log is a sponsored one with ultra shred