8 Weeks to Awesomeness

blondmuscle

blondmuscle

Banned
Awards
Hey guys, so I had started back on a program in early July but hurt my neck so I had to take some time off from the gym. So anyway, after analyzing my current situation, I realize I need to cut up big time. For starters, I'm sitting at 5'11, around 213.5 lbs, but I'm around 18% fat. Basically, for the past couple of years, I've been living a pretty crappy lifestyle, drinking way into the night and eating whatever I want. So instead of messing around with bulking and getting fatter, I've chosen to cut for 8 weeks and evaluate from there. Most likely, I'll continue the cut after the 8 weeks. But I'll worry about that later. For now, the focus is to drop some fat and improve my overall health and fitness via diet and consistent training. I'm cutting out the ice cream, the candy, the late nights meals at Waffle House and replacing that with more lean meats, fruits, veggies and nuts. And as to the party lifestyle, well, I'm 115 days sober today, so I think that issue is working itself out nicely too. So I've detailed below my supplementation, nutrition and training for the next 8 weeks. Supps PES Alphamine (2 scoops upon waking, 1 scoop 6 hours later) on workout days PES Alpha T-2 (2 pills in the morning, 1 pill 6 hours later) on weekends BPS Dermacrine (4 pumps in AM) BPS Endosurge Turbo (2 caps AM, afternoon and prebed) BPS Adrenosurge (1 pill w/ morning Alphamine dose, 1 pill w/ afternoon Alphamine dose) IronFlex Formabolic (2 pumps AM, 2 pumps PM) Whey (26 grams preworkout and 26 grams postworkout) Multi (First Meal of the day) Nutrition As to nutrition, I'm starting at 2500 for the first two weeks and will plan on dropping 100 calories every two weeks. So for the first week, I'll aim for 219 g for protein, 187 g carbs and 97 g fat. I'll also be adhering to Intermittent Fasting (IF) for the 8 week cut. It'll be interesting to see how the Alphamine, Alpha T-2 and IF work together on my bodyfat levels. Meal 1 and 2 will be roughly: 625 calories 54.75 grams of carbs 54.75 grams of protein 22.25 grams of fat Meal 3 will be roughly: 1,250 calories 109.5 grams of carbs 109.5 grams of protein 44.5 grams of fat Training As for training, I'll hit the weights five times a week, with some light walking in the mornings when I walk my dog. So my split will be as follows: Monday - Back & Bis Tuesday - Chest & Tris Wednesday - Legs Thursday - Shoulders Friday - Bis & Tris Saturday - Cardio (HIIT) Sunday - Cardio (Walk or Hike) Granted, life happens, and I know and plan that work and family commitments will get in the way of things (like my neck injury), but I plan on following the plan as much as possible. If for some reason I can't make a workout, I'll try and improvise and at least go for a walk or do a bodyweight exercise routine. I plan on making daily posts, but Saturday will be dedicated toward progress pics. Which brings me to the pics I've attached here. These pics were taken yesterday morning. As you can see, I'm looking kind of puffy and heavy. There is some muscle under there, but I haven't seen it in a long time so I'm really looking forward to this cut. I'll post pics every two weeks to gauge progress. Thanks!
photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 3.JPG

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Subbed

I like the supplement choices.

blondmuscle

blondmuscle

Banned
Awards
Monday - July 28 - Back and Bis

50 Pullups (broken down into several sets, as many reps as possible with each set)
4 sets barbell rows @ 135
4 sets Hammer Strength High rows @ 180
4 sets cable rows @ 165
4 sets deadlifts @ 225
4 sets barbell shrugss @ 225
4 sets barbell curls @ 65
4 sets back extensions (bodyweight, +10 lbs, +20 lbs, +30 lbs)

Morning Weight

Nutrition
Calories: 2470
Protein: 170
Carbs: 227
Fat: 100

Nutrition was a little off due to some crazy stuff at work but I'll focus more on preparing my portions better. I felt super strong in the gym despite my 3 week layoff. The deads felts amazing too!

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nice looking stack there dude! In for the ride!

blondmuscle

blondmuscle

Banned
Awards
Tuesday - July 29 - Chest & Tris

4 sets Barbell bench @ 225
1 sets barbell bench @ 315
4 sets barbell decline @ 225
2 sets dumbbell incline @ 70
2 sets dumbbell incline @ 65
4 sets dips @ body weight
3 sets high cable crossovers @ 50
3 sets low cable crossovers @ 45
3 sets supported leg raises

Morning Weight

Nutrition
Calories: 2444
Protein: 234
Carbs: 187
Fat: 81

Nutrition was much more on point today so I'm happy about that. I crushed the gym again, felt really strong on bench especially. I attempted 315 and performed a nice solid rep without the aide of my spotter. One thing to note here, I'm focusing on good clean reps; no bumping off the chest, no jerky movements, just focusing on a solid contraction.

As to the supps, I'm really feeling good. Sleeping harder, feeling more Alpha, etc. When I take my Adrenosurge with the Alphamine, I feel really focused and in-tune. Usually the Alphamine makes me feel too cracked out. So I think this combo really kicks ass for those who have a high stim tolerance.

The Dermacrine is pretty easy to put on. I'm just applying the 4 pumps on my shoulders, upper back and collarbone area. Any gel on my hands gets rubbed on the tops of my feet or my balls. Which feels really good by the way. The Formabolic goes on easy too, just 2 pumps in my inner bicep morning and night. The Endorsurge Turbo is making my libido sky rocket a bit too. And I noticed there's a little more volume than last week, if you know what I mean. Can't wait to see how I feel with this stack on week 2 and beyond!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
great results!!!

btw-a wingdinger is 2nd cousin to a hootinanny, hope that helps!!!!

blondmuscle

blondmuscle

Banned
Awards
Wednesday - July 30 - Legs

5 sets barbell front squats @ 135
4 sets leg press @ 270
4 sets leg extensions @ 155
4 sets leg curls @ 70
4 sets seated calf raises @ 140
3 sets crunches

Morning Weight

Nutrition
Calories: 2963
Protein: 210
Carbs: 231
Fat: 136

Nutrition was a mess today! My girlfriend and I cooked dinner and she brought some loaded baked potatoes from Arby's to accompany the steaks and salads I made. I neglected to check out the calorie count on those baked potatoes so I was shocked when I looked it up later and noticed that one single potato had 630 calories, 28 grams of fat and 76 grams of carbs. So that right there put me about 463 calories over my daily goal. I hit legs for the first time in a few weeks and was surprised how much endurance and strength I had lost. Oh well, I guess that's just part of the game!

Started noticing a bit of acne on my face, nothing crazy, just a pimple here or there. I picked up some products to help with that and started using them promptly. Otherwise I'm feeling fuller too. Don't know it that's placebo or not, but I just feel pumped up!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
this stack hits pretty quickly, not surprised to see you noticing effects already.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Glad to hear. Did you experience results this fast?
yup...the formabolic/dermacrine combo kicks in quickly, the endosurge takes a little longer...by next week you should be rockin, better warn the wife/girlfriend!!!!

blondmuscle

blondmuscle

Banned
Awards
yup...the formabolic/dermacrine combo kicks in quickly, the endosurge takes a little longer...by next week you should be rockin, better warn the wife/girlfriend!!!!
Haha! Will do! I'm already a sexual tyrannosaurus so it sounds like now she's really gonna be in trouble! And please excuse the reference to "Predator." I just couldn't help myself.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Haha! Will do! I'm already a sexual tyrannosaurus so it sounds like now she's really gonna be in trouble! And please excuse the reference to "Predator." I just couldn't help myself.
sounds like she will be in trouble then, this stack had my libido to the breaking point, lol....my wife threatened to go stay with her mother on several occassions!!!

blondmuscle

blondmuscle

Banned
Awards
sounds like she will be in trouble then, this stack had my libido to the breaking point, lol....my wife threatened to go stay with her mother on several occassions!!!
Oh snap! Now that's intense! How'd you manage to keep her around?

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
she got the new car she had been wanting.....
BigT knows what's up lol give her what she wants and you'll get what you want... Always lolol

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
BigT knows what's up lol give her what she wants and you'll get what you want... Always lolol
lol...she would have gotten it anyways, so it was win win!!!

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
subbed to follow your progress!!

blondmuscle

blondmuscle

Banned
Awards
Thursday - July 31 - Boulders

5 sets barbell standing military press @ 135
4 sets lateral raises @ 30
4 sets plate front raises @ 45
4 sets dumbbell shrugs @ 85
4 sets facepulls @ 80, 90, 100, 100

Morning Weight

Nutrition
Calories: 2468
Protein: 181
Carbs: 228
Fat: 91

Well, I'm not really doing to well with my nutrition. This Intermittent Fasting thing is a whole lot harder than I thought. It's proving to be difficult to cram my meals in from noon to 8 pm, especially since work always seems to pick up around 2 pm. It's starting to get a little stressful just to pile in the food, especially my protein, to make sure I'm getting the calories I need. I'll keep pluggin away at the diet to try and get this more on point.

Training-wise though I'm killing it. I feel really strong despite the setback with my neck earlier in July. I haven't pressed anything overhead in a bit and the military press really felt good. So I'm really looking forward to seeing what kind of strenth gains I make in the gym.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thursday - July 31 - Boulders

5 sets barbell standing military press @ 135
4 sets lateral raises @ 30
4 sets plate front raises @ 45
4 sets dumbbell shrugs @ 85
4 sets facepulls @ 80, 90, 100, 100

Morning Weight

Nutrition
Calories: 2468
Protein: 181
Carbs: 228
Fat: 91

Well, I'm not really doing to well with my nutrition. This Intermittent Fasting thing is a whole lot harder than I thought. It's proving to be difficult to cram my meals in from noon to 8 pm, especially since work always seems to pick up around 2 pm. It's starting to get a little stressful just to pile in the food, especially my protein, to make sure I'm getting the calories I need. I'll keep pluggin away at the diet to try and get this more on point.

Training-wise though I'm killing it. I feel really strong despite the setback with my neck earlier in July. I haven't pressed anything overhead in a bit and the military press really felt good. So I'm really looking forward to seeing what kind of strenth gains I make in the gym.
i would take it slow and easy rather than risk a re-injury. i think i've herad somewhere before that it is a marathon not a sprint!!!

blondmuscle

blondmuscle

Banned
Awards
i would take it slow and easy rather than risk a re-injury. i think i've herad somewhere before that it is a marathon not a sprint!!!
Word. I'm going to wait another week before I start piling on more weights and reps.

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
Thursday - July 31 - Boulders 5 sets barbell standing military press @ 135 4 sets lateral raises @ 30 4 sets plate front raises @ 45 4 sets dumbbell shrugs @ 85 4 sets facepulls @ 80, 90, 100, 100 Morning Weight 211.8 Nutrition Calories: 2468 Protein: 181 Carbs: 228 Fat: 91 Well, I'm not really doing to well with my nutrition. This Intermittent Fasting thing is a whole lot harder than I thought. It's proving to be difficult to cram my meals in from noon to 8 pm, especially since work always seems to pick up around 2 pm. It's starting to get a little stressful just to pile in the food, especially my protein, to make sure I'm getting the calories I need. I'll keep pluggin away at the diet to try and get this more on point. Training-wise though I'm killing it. I feel really strong despite the setback with my neck earlier in July. I haven't pressed anything overhead in a bit and the military press really felt good. So I'm really looking forward to seeing what kind of strenth gains I make in the gym.
I totally understand the struggle to fit calories in while doing IF. I was supposed to eat 2200 yesterday and at maybe 60% of that....and are past the 8hr window...

blondmuscle

blondmuscle

Banned
Awards
I totally understand the struggle to fit calories in while doing IF. I was supposed to eat 2200 yesterday and at maybe 60% of that....and are past the 8hr window...
Yeah, I hear ya man. I feel like I really have to just make my first meal larger than I originally wanted just to make sure Im ok. Do you have any thoughts on how to make this easier?

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I hear ya man. I feel like I really have to just make my first meal larger than I originally wanted just to make sure Im ok. Do you have any thoughts on how to make this easier?
A good fatty steak with eggs and maybe some oats or bread. I was able to take in 600 cals my first meal with steak and ground turkey with Ezekiel tortillas

blondmuscle

blondmuscle

Banned
Awards
A good fatty steak with eggs and maybe some oats or bread. I was able to take in 600 cals my first meal with steak and ground turkey with Ezekiel tortillas
Good point. I guess I'm realizing that with IF, I need to lighten up a bit on the whole "clean eating" concept and make sure I'm hitting my macros first!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good point. I guess I'm realizing that with IF, I need to lighten up a bit on the whole "clean eating" concept and make sure I'm hitting my macros first!
That's right 90/10 rule. 90% clean 10% "dirty".

If you saw my log and the foods I eat lolol you'd lose it. But I follow flexible dieting..

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
That's right 90/10 rule. 90% clean 10% "dirty". If you saw my log and the foods I eat lolol you'd lose it. But I follow flexible dieting..
Soon as I get to the BF % I want to be at I'm going to be a little more flexible in my diet. But until then I try to eat as clean as possible with as few setbacks as I can

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Soon as I get to the BF % I want to be at I'm going to be a little more flexible in my diet. But until then I try to eat as clean as possible with as few setbacks as I can
You should be flexible with your diet now. In the most basic logic, our body assimilates cho/fat/pro. So, in theory all you have to do, is stay on point with your macros (and be in a deficit- to lose weight)

I use to be a "clean eater" and IIFYM is better ten fold. My rebound from my show has been great, little to no fat accumulation AND I've had NO food restrictions.

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
You should be flexible with your diet now. In the most basic logic, our body assimilates cho/fat/pro. So, in theory all you have to do, is stay on point with your macros (and be in a deficit- to lose weight) I use to be a "clean eater" and IIFYM is better ten fold. My rebound from my show has been great, little to no fat accumulation AND I've had NO food restrictions.
My problem is with all the crap they put I to some of those foods. Although not 100% proven, nitrates can cause cancer, more specifically prostate cancer. My husband ate a lot of processed meats and hotdogs and sausage over the years. I searched for the natural versions and began juicing and we kept his cancer to 1% while we waited for his surgery. Again, not proven completely but I'm sure it helped.

What do you eat currently?

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My problem is with all the crap they put I to some of those foods. Although not 100% proven, nitrates can cause cancer, more specifically prostate cancer. My husband ate a lot of processed meats and hotdogs and sausage over the years. I searched for the natural versions and began juicing and we kept his cancer to 1% while we waited for his surgery. Again, not proven completely but I'm sure it helped. What do you eat currently?
Everything in moderation. Serious, ice cream, tacos, pancakes, French toast, pizza, poptarts, doughnuts, burgers and fries. I do keep my fats lower (always get fat free or reduced fat- I'm only alloted 62g a day) list goes on...

blondmuscle

blondmuscle

Banned
Awards
What's up guys! I've been crazy busy the past couple of days and have been slacking on my postings. So here's my futile attempt to catch up!

Friday - August 1 - Arms

4 sets barbell curls @ 75
4 sets skull krushers @ 70,70,80,80
4 sets dumbbell curls @ 40,40,35,35
4 sets dumbbell overhead triceps @ 35,35,30,30
4 sets concentration curl machine @ 50,45,40,35
4 sets camber cable tricpes pushdowns @ 75

Saturday - August 2 - Rest

But I ended up helping a buddy move for about an hour so that felt like some cardio.

Sunday - August 3 - Hike/Swim

A couple of us went to Stone Island and Burgess Falls State Park. We probably hiked for 35 minutes or so total, and we swam around and dove off cliffs for 30 minutes or so. Doesn't seem like much, but I was wore out by the time I got home!

Monday - August 4 - Chest, Back

4 sets barbell bench @ 225,245,265,265
Superset w/
4 sets barbell rows @ 185

4 sets Hammer wide chest press @ 180,200,220,220
Superset w/
4 sets Hammer Iso-lateral row @ 180,200,220,220

4 sets bodyweight dips
Superset w/
4 sets bodyweight pullups

4 sets chest fly machine @ 125
Superset w/
4 sets cable closegrip row @ 165

4 sets deadlifts @ 225

4 sets barbell shurgs @ 225

Tuesday - August 5 - Rest

Traveling for work so I'm taking a rest day. :(

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
well deserved rest day...35 mile hike!!! damn!!!