Cutting with CORE HARD and CORE ABC

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just ran a month of Alphamax test booster and loved it. Now starting Core HARD and CORE ABC.

I'll be running this log up into my no-gi grappling tourny Aug 30th. I plan on cutting 20 pounds with hard training and dieting. Sitting at 205 right now, I want to compete at 185.

Other supplements I'll be running,
Core PRO
Super Cissus- 4 caps a day
Cannibal Claw- 3 caps a day
Shift- 3 caps a day
Diablo (off days only)- 3 scoops on off days
Preamp
COP

At the moment I'm really trying to just figure out what works for me with cutting weight, so far in the last couple weeks it hasn't been going very well, so looks like I'll be cutting the carbs and cals lower. My first update will be tomorrow after training.

core hard and abc.jpg

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
good luck!!!

loved the samples of abc and fury and starting to see good results from alpha, and the profile of hard looks very nice!!!

core nutritionals is happening now!!!

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Friday

Morning Weight- 203.8lb

Pre-Workout
1.5 scoops of Preamp + 8mg of ephedrine
2 scoops of Core ABC

Cardio
Running- 3 miles
Sprints- 10 meter, 20 meter, 30 meter, 40 meter, 50 meter, 60 meter, 70 meter, 80 meter, 90 meter, 100 meter
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday

Morning weight- 203lb

Pre-Workout
Preamp- 2 scoops
2 scoops of Core ABC

Circuit #1
Incline DB Flys- 35'sx25 reps, 35'sx20 reps, 35'sx15 reps
Reverse band rear delts- 15/15/15
Leg ups- 25 reps, 25 reps, 25 reps
Sit up/twist- 25 reps, 25 reps, 25 reps
Plank- 30 sec, 30 sec, 30 sec
Repeated 3 times

Circuit 2
Flat db flys- 35'sx20, 35'sx15, 35'sx12
Reverse band rear delts- 15/15/15
Side v-ups- 25, 25, 25
Leg ups- 25, 25, 25
Plank- 30 sec, 30 sec, 1 min

Circuit 3
Jumping squats on big step- 5, 5, 5
Jumping squats on top of picnic table- 5, 5, 5
V-ups- 25 reps
Plank- 30 sec
Run- 400 meters
Repeat 3 times

Thoughts
I hate dieting... last 5 days I've had about 40-60g of carbs a day, I'm used to over 200g everday, but I want to get to 195 quick, than I'l slowly hit 185 up to the comp. So far the dieting, fat burners and Core hard is working good for only 4 days in, woke up at 201.1lb this morning. 6 more pounds to go until I can up my food intake. Resting today, tomorrow I have grappling, will update tomorrow night!

I do have to say the CORE ABC is awesome, loving the blue raspberry taste.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You always put in some great circuits.. nice job bro.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks bro!

I messed up and ate Micky D's last night, just so frustrated with the low carbs lol. So woke up at 204 today... going to be a medium amount of carbs today, get in some hard grappling tonight, I should hopefully be 201 again by tomorrow... than low carb day for a few days. I'd like to be 195 by next week... just gotta push it hard.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Monday

Pre-workout
PREAMP- 1.5 scoops
Push 10- 1 scoop
COP- 2g
Taurine- 4g

Intra
2 scoops of Core ABC

Workout (MMA and grappling)

MMA class was 1 hour, lots of wrestling drills, than grappling was 1 hour.

Thoughts
Reallly not feeling it in the gym with such low carbs everyday, I think if I try to drop to 185 to compete I'd rather do it over a few months so I do it the healthy and right way. I'm just going to compete at 205, I was performing better around 205-215 in the gym. Plus I'm starting a new job on the 11th with a lot of hours, it's going to be rough hitting the gym to grapple after 5x 10 hour days a week but I'll getter done.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Congrats on the new gig!

...and only makes sense to compete at a higher weight.. at 185 you'll have no energy to compete.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thursday

Morning weight- 212lb

Pre-Workout
N.O Shotgun- sample pack
Core ABC- 2 scoops

Workout (Push Day)

Circuit
Incline DB Press- 65'sx18 reps, 65'sx15 reps, 65'sx12 reps, 65'sx12 reps, 60'sx12 reps, 60'sx10 reps, 60'sx10 reps, 60'sx6 reps(slow)
Shoulder Raises Circuit 10's (side/ front/ side thumbs up/ front thumbs up/ side thumbs down/ front palms up)- 60, 45, 30, 30, 30, 30, 30, 30
Close grip push ups- 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10
Repeated 8 times

Post-Workout- 1 scoop of Crexcel

Thoughts
Well been carbing up hard the last couple days, already put on 12 pounds, actually look leaner than I did, more full, increased vasculairty, feeling much better. Got grappling tomorrow, can't wait!!! I will be eating more heathy again starting tomorrow, but eating a healthy amount, keep my weight around 208 and focus on cutting/recomping.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Monday

Pre-workout
PREAMP- 1.5 scoops
Push 10- 1 scoop
COP- 2g
Taurine- 4g

Intra
2 scoops of Core ABC

Workout (MMA and grappling)

MMA class was 1 hour, lots of wrestling drills, than grappling was 1 hour.

Thoughts
Reallly not feeling it in the gym with such low carbs everyday, I think if I try to drop to 185 to compete I'd rather do it over a few months so I do it the healthy and right way. I'm just going to compete at 205, I was performing better around 205-215 in the gym. Plus I'm starting a new job on the 11th with a lot of hours, it's going to be rough hitting the gym to grapple after 5x 10 hour days a week but I'll getter done.
i agree with this....i had concerns with how fast you were planning to drop weight!!!

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Friday

Morning weight- 213lb

Pre-Workout
Preamp- 2 scoops
Core ABC- 2 scoops
COP- 2g

Workout (Grappling)

Drills-30min
2x6min rounds
2x20min rounds

Thoughts
Had a great workout, what a wicked last 2 rounds of 20min each, cardio was def pushed, I'm feeling much better with the added weight.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That was a quick 12... but if your lean all's good
Not too lean right now but I'm looking a bit leaner at 212 compared to 201.

I'm loving the carbs this week.

Tomorrow I got weights and cardio.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Friday

Morning weight- 213lb

Pre-Workout
Preamp- 2 scoops
Core ABC- 2 scoops
COP- 2g

Workout (Grappling)

Drills-30min
2x6min rounds
2x20min rounds

Thoughts
Had a great workout, what a wicked last 2 rounds of 20min each, cardio was def pushed, I'm feeling much better with the added weight.
if i were that guy...now is when i would say 'told you so', lol.

glad you are feeling better tommy!!!

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
if i were that guy...now is when i would say 'told you so', lol.

glad you are feeling better tommy!!!
aha no doubt you were right.

28 more days to go!!!

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sunday
Weight Circuit
---------------------------------------------------

Tuesday

Workout #1
Wrestling techniques and drills 30min
Jiu Jitsu techniques and drills- 30min

Workout #2
Warm up- Sprints, squats, leg ups, sit ups, planks
Gi-Jiu Jitsu- techniques and drills- 1 hour
Gi-Grappling- 30min
----------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday

Workout #1
Boxing- 30min
Grappling- 30min

Workout #2 (Speed circuit)
Bench Press- 105lbx20, 105lbx20, 105lbx20
DB Rows- 35'sx15/15, 35'sx15/15, 35'sx15/15
DB Skullcrusher/press- 35'sx10, 35'sx10, 35'sx10
Rear delt bands- 10, 10, 10
DB Curls- 35'sx15, 35'sx10, 35'sx10
Overhead DB Press- 35'sx15, 35'sx15, 35'sx15
Side raises- 10'x20, 10'sx20, 10'sx20
Ball crunches- 25, 25, 25
Leg ups- 25, 25, 25
Plank- 30 sec, 30 sec, 1 min
Repeated 3 times

--------------------------------------------------------------

Friday (Chest, Tri's and Shoulders)

Incline DB Press
Set 1- 35'sx12
Push ups- 10 reps
Set 2- 85'sx11 reps
Set 3- 85'sx8 reps
Set 4- 85'sx7 reps
Set 5- 60'sx15 reps

Circuit
Incline DB Press- 60'sx5, 60'sx5 (Speed Reps)/ Switch to Flat DB Flys- 60'sx5, 60'sx5, 60'sx5
DB Raises(side, front, side thumbs up, front thumbs up, side thumbs down, front palms up)- 10'sx35, 10'sx35, 10'sx35, 10'sx35, 10'sx70
Explosive clap push ups- 10, 5, 5, 5, 5
Repeated 5 times

1 arm flat DB Press (back and forth)- 60'sx5/5, 5/5, 3/3, 3/3, 3/3, 3/3/, 2/2, 1/1, 1/1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Satursday

P90X Ab Workout

Thoughts
Had a busy week, but tried to get as much training as possible in. Resting today, start my new job tomorrow, can't wait :D

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looks like a busy week indeed. Nice numbers on the db presses.. Good luck with the new job bro.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
looking good!!!

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Monday
Started my new job
---------------------------------------------------

Tuesday
Got some sort of stomach flu... ended up puking 8 times a work and they sent me home.... not a good 2nd day impression ugh.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday (Push Workout)

Incline DB Press
Set 1- 35'sx12
Set 2- 70'sx5
Set 3- 85'sx12
Set 4- 85'sx8
Set 5- 50'sx21

Circuit
Flat DB Flys- 50'sx12, 50'sx10, 50'sx8
DB raise circuit (side, front, side thumbs up, front thumbs up, side thumbs down, front plams up)- 15'sx35, 15'sx35, 15'sx35
Close grip diamond push ups- 15, 15, 12

--------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, Boxing cardio

Boxing on heavy bag, 5x10min rounds

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thoughts
Wow was I ever sick Tuesday, I never puked since I've been a baby and I ended up throwing up 8 times Tuesday, hitting the bathroom 13 times! I've never felt so sick, must have been some sort of stomach bug, my stomach keeps getting bloated upset for the last few days, I've been trying to have smaller meals and added in yogurt, hopefully my stomach is not too upset tonight for grappling.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i'm more of a boxing fan....but did you say 5 [10] minute rounds? holy cow, 3 minute boxing sparring rounds had me tanked!!!

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Feeling better bro?
Feeling much better today! Had a great grappling workout.

i'm more of a boxing fan....but did you say 5 [10] minute rounds? holy cow, 3 minute boxing sparring rounds had me tanked!!!
Same here actually, love boxing more than grappling, but never tried competing in boxing yet, after this grappling tourny I've love to try an amatuer boxing match and an amatuer mma fight.

Yup 5x10min rounds, my conditioning is def getting up there again, feel like I can pound the bag forever. The boxing gym down where I live is actually closed for all of August, so in September I plan on starting back up and focusing on that more than grappling, see where I end up next, just know I'm super pumped to do this grappling tourny!

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well been super busy with the new job, my body is not used to working so many hours of hard labour and training as much as I can with the grappling. Training tho has been going perfect, weight is right around 208 a week before.......yesterdays grappling didn't go so well in the end, rounds went great, I feel strong and explosive, my arm was in a weird position at the bottom of half guard, the way I pushed up on the weird position we were in on a scramble something tore in my elbow/funny bone/ lower forearm area. I heard some pretty loud pops, but didn't feel any pain so I didn't think twice and kept grappling, did 4 more 6min rounds after that with no pain.... Well about an hour later after once I was cooled down I was feeling it, just kept getting worse all night, having a hard time using my left arm at all right now, some movements really hurt, I have no idea how I'm going to get through the next week of lifting heavy boxes all day... but I'll give it my best. Obviously I won't be competing in the grappling comp now, but they normally have one every couple months so it's not the end of the world.

So I'm going to try my best to not hurt it more at work, take a break from lifting, see how it feels in a few days, when everything is good, I'm going to just go back to a weight lifting routine and only grappling/box once every friday until I'm no longer working this job, it's only seasonal so I will be going all out again sometime in December. I hope it doesn't take more than a couple weeks to heal, or lets hope it doesn't get worse at work....

Loving the combo of Core Fury, Core ABC and Core Hard. Will update in a few days.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gotta say work really freaking sucked today, moved over 1000 heavy boxes today, my arm is killing me... actually dropped a box near the end of my shift, felt a pretty strong tug in the injury... not sure if I made it worse or what ^-^ ....another day of boxes tomorrow lol. Iced it, took some advil as well. Going to take some advil before my shift this time, I forgot this morning.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Back at weight lifting again, just hitting up the gym as much as possible while focusing on work. Not doing much grappling or boxing, about once a week lately. But loving hitting the weights again. Right now I'm using Core Fury, Core ABC and Core Pro!

Pre-Workout
1.5 scoops of Core Fury, 2 scoops of Core ABC, 2g of COP, 3g of Creatine Nitrate

Wednesday (Chest/Back)

Incline DB Press- (7 sets)- 30'sx12, 45'sx8, 60'sx6, 80'sx13, 80'sx9, 80'sx7, 80'sx6
Super Set
Hammer Strength rows- (6 sets) 90x12, 140x12, 180x10, 140x15, 140x10, 140x8

Dips- (4 sets)- 10 reps, 8 reps, 8 reps, 6 reps
Super Set
Chin ups- (4 sets)- 6 reps, 5 reps, 4 reps, 3 reps

Cable crossover- (4 sets)- 40'sx12, 40'sx12, 40'sx12, 40'sx12
Super Set
Pulldowns- (4 sets)- 140x12, 140x12, 140x12, 140x12

Push ups- (4 sets)- 20, 15, 10, 10
Super Set
Reverse rear delt crossovers (4 sets)- 30'sx10, 30'sx10, 30'sx10, 30'sx10

Circuit
Facepulls- 30x12, 30x12, 30x12, 30x12
Shoulder Raise Circuit- 15x20, 15x20, 15x20, 15x20
Shrugs- 50x12, 40x12, 40x12, (drop set 40x12, 35x10, 30x10, 25x10, 20x10)

Treadmill- 2min running, 1 min walk, repeated 7 times- 21min total.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That was a strong, solid workout ... are you all healed up?

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That was a strong, solid workout ... are you all healed up?
Yup! arm is all healed up.

Had a sick arm workout at home today, can't remember it all or I'd post, did a lot of random stuff I normally don't do lol. But pumps were good!

Yesterday I did some grappling, felt real good, weights at 216lb right now, slowly claiming back up, feeling stronger every workout.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yup! arm is all healed up.

Had a sick arm workout at home today, can't remember it all or I'd post, did a lot of random stuff I normally don't do lol. But pumps were good!

Yesterday I did some grappling, felt real good, weights at 216lb right now, slowly claiming back up, feeling stronger every workout.
Great to hear JD

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looks like I'm just in time! Looking to see how the road to recovery goes.