love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hey guys and gals! BulkPerf with BPS hit me up and asked me to give MacaPro a run for them. Not enough female input on this all natural root supplement with lots of great benefits! Here are a few links about the product/roots benefits! So, first off let me thank BPS and BulkPerf for this opportunity! :) Excited!

http://www.livestrong.com/article/113291-benefits-maca-root-women/#page=2

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/bulk-performance-solutions/macapro-60-caps.html

A little about me just incase you haven't followed my logs before! I grew up lazy and overweight. Started my journey about 2008...took several years to get serious but I'm in this baby now! No stoping me! ;) I've lost ~70lbs and at least 20% bf! I train a 4 day split with cardio 4-5x's a week. I am currently in a cut/recomp. I will add pics soon and throughout the log. I'm not anticipating the MacaPro to do much about the fat loss - just training my butt off in the gym and keeping it clean in the kitchen!

Calories 1700
Pro 175g
Carbs 130g
Fat 50g

Attachments

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Forgot to add that the dosage will be 1 pill 3x's a day as recommended. :) Today was arm day! I am currently following John Meadows Mountain Dog training. Just started it this week!

Warm up
Rope pushdowns
20x12
25x12
30x12

DB curls
15x15x3

Tri set
DB kickback 6 reg/6 palm up
15x12
20x12x3

Seated DB Curls w 3 sec negative
15x12-forgot to read how many only supposed to do 8
20x8
25x4/20x6- dropped 25's were a little much
20x8

Overhead rope extensions
35x12
37.5x12x2
40x12

Tri set w 3 sec negative on all sets
Barbell curls with 3 sec negative
40x8
45x8x3(Olympic bar)

Seated Dip - haven't done those machine in years! I like that it keeps my chest out of it.
110x8
120x8
130x8
140x8

Machine preacher curls- wasn't supposed to do 3 sec neg and hard squeeze but I did both anyways! Lol
50x8
50x7-failed
47.5x8
45x8

8 min intervals on treadmill/26 min stair climber

Soreness is much better today! I can move!! Lol today's workout was great! Sampled Quake as my pwo thanks to bcazo!! :) Arms are dead!! I didn't think they would be since I've done high volume for so long but I'm not complaining! ;)

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
You know I'm in on this!!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In!

Strong arm day Kat. I bet your triceps were pumped

I like the use of the dip machine with the Meadows routine, but the handles are just so awkward to get a good feel of.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You are no slacker! Nice job! Much respect!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yay! Thank you and thanks for joining! Haha thanks Jd! Thomas, the one I used had little knobs on the end but it definitely is different than any other exercises. Tris felt strong today but my bis are sore for some reason and didn't feel as strong. Kenpoengineer, thank you very much! Very glad you're joining the crew! :)

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Kat, you've mentioned DOMs soreness several times. Do you have a foam roller or a few baseballs to roll the muscles on? They're lifesavers. Get that blood moving to help with recovery.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Kat, you've mentioned DOMs soreness several times. Do you have a foam roller or a few baseballs to roll the muscles on? They're lifesavers. Get that blood moving to help with recovery.
Yes, I have a foam roller and tennis balls. Prob could find some baseballs...I haven't had any time this week to stretch or roll- could be why it's so bad! I used to carry a tennis ball to work to use if I had down time between patients. I need to do that again! I also started adding in bcaa's to help with recovery too!

turff49

turff49

Awards
In on this for the thrill. Kat always brings it! Good start to a new log. You always give great details!

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm in to Kat :)

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In for a ride!

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Count me in!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Woohoo!! Thanks guys! I ran out of the house and forgot the bottle! Ugh! I'll have to put it in my purse so I'll have it with me all of the time! So only 2 pills today! :-/

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What have we here?:) Subbed.
Hey hey! Look who showed up!! Glad you're here! :)

Here are a few pics to start the log off. Even a swelfie from this morning! (I wore fitted shorts-huge leap for me- I don't wear them in public! Lol) ...I'll be taking progress pics soon to finish up my last log and add to this one! :) Had a fish "taco" for lunch made it with blackened tilapia, broccoli slaw, and an Ezekiel wrap! It was more like a tostada since I had 5 oz of fish on it! Lol

Attachments

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
I'm fashionable late!!! Looking GREAT, nice back shot!!

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Lookin' good Kat!!

That taco looks really good too!! ;)

turff49

turff49

Awards
Strut it if you got it!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm in now too! I'm really looking forward to seeing how MacaPro works for you :)

Great detail and pics so far! Looking good :)

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In!

Just FYI lable has error dosing should only need to be 1 cap 2x per

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
This should be pretty interesting. Very curious to see the effects of a SHBG binder on a female. I know AI's work well for women so very curious on this one since a different MoA. Women don't typically have a lot of testosterone as everyone knows so really curious to see how much of an increase keeping it from being bound provides.

emantest

emantest

Awards
Subbed and I'm with Kleen wanting to see effects on SHBG. I've been thinking about dosing my wife on arimidex the week leading up to cycle, the estrogen comes on like a hammer and adds to my stress level.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
This should be pretty interesting. Very curious to see the effects of a SHBG binder on a female. I know AI's work well for women so very curious on this one since a different MoA. Women don't typically have a lot of testosterone as everyone knows so really curious to see how much of an increase keeping it from being bound provides.
interesting stuff...maca not only has effect on hypothalamus-pituitary axis but adrenals too, should give a feeling of energy and vitality... and also has an effect on the pancreas and thyroid as well. i've tried other maca products in the past with little to no effect, macapro is far superior to the others.....macapro is in a league of it's own compared to the other maca products i have tried!!!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks everyone for joining and the heads up on dosage! Good to know!

@ MrKleen73 and @ emantest - I'm looking forward to it as well! Mine fluctuate like crazy and cause all sorts of unwanted problems!! I'll spare you the details but I'm sure you have experience with your wives!

Got off a few mins early and hubby has to work late so before going home to work on the cake/cookie orders for the week, I came to the gym!
10 mins stair climber
6 sets of chin ups 9,9,9,8,6,6---I've NEVER been able to do 9! Talk about Happy!!! I superset them with 12 hanging knee raises and other ab work
Finished up with another 10 mins on the stair climber!

Forgot my ponytail holder so I started off looking like a prissy girl heading in for cardio and walked out looking like a drenched mess! Hahaha

Ps...Not a fan of the evening gym crowds- too many lurkers! Lol

joh408

Awards
  • Established
In on this Kat!

BigRed1974

BigRed1974

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
In this Biatch!!

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I will b on the sidelines lol..
In to c how this product works for u..
:)

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Glad to have you guys!! :) Off work today but came in at 6:30 to help coach the girls though the MD leg day. Then I trained by myself. Back is much better but don't want to push it. Took my pwo when I left the house but I should've waited till the girls were done. Today was a nice mix up to work around my back.

Walking lunges 25x22 (across the room and back)

Light BB Squats ss w/ ham killers
95x10/12
95x10/12
135x8/12
155x1/12

Stretched on hyper extension 1 min

Leg extensions- these were done 1 set with both legs/1 set single alt legs
90x12- both
30x12-single
70x12-both
30x12-single

SS with BW squats constant tension no lockout
4 sets of 12

Seated leg curls SS w ham killers
50x12/12
30x12-single/12
Lying leg curls SS with ham killers (someone jumped on the seated one)
60x10/10
60x10/12

Wide grip pulldowns 4 sec negative SS with push-ups (hands shoulder width) 12 reps all sets
85x8
100x8
120x6
130x6
140x4--woohoo PR!

ISO lateral row SS w/ bw squat 12 sec hold and 20 pulses
** Weight per side but pulled with both arms at same time
45x12- high bar
70x10-center bar
80x8- high bar
90x6-center bar
110x6-high bar
120x4-center bar
Drop set 110x4, 90x6, 70x6, 45x12- high bar

Kickback machine
90x6
90x6
100x6
110x6

Calve press on leg press with 30 sec rest
230x15
230x15
275x15x4
140x20-failure

Cardio- Open stride elliptical 30 mins hr @ 145-150

Heading up to Atlanta for the night to tag along with a business trip hubby is on as soon as I deliver the cake and cookie order. I plan to hang out by the pool and maybe do more cardio. We will see! Depends on how bored I get being by myself while he's doing his thing! It's a free trip though so I'm not complaining! ;)

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Glad your back is feeling better! Looks like a pretty full workout, even a PR ;)

turff49

turff49

Awards
Have fun in Atlanta. But I don't envy the trip. Hate driving in that madhouse!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Kat your physique, workouts and attitude reminds me an awful lot of my wifes before she got sick. Nice muscle tone and strong as hell for your size. My wife was like you & used to make me feel like a wimp in the gym with her ability to just keep repping out in the 85-90% range and I would fall off quickly. Love mentally and physically strong girls like that. On a good note my wife is improving and thinks she will be ready to get back to the gym and lift soon. She lost about 30 lbs, I keep telling her she will be ripped when she hits the gym and her muscle swells back up. LOL Gotta keep her smiling.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Glad your back is feeling better! Looks like a pretty full workout, even a PR ;)
Thank you! Definitely different but I'm dead tired now! Haha Need some food!

Have fun in Atlanta. But I don't envy the trip. Hate driving in that madhouse!!
Thanks! Yeah I hate it too! That's why I plan to just stay at the hotel! Lol love the new avi btw!! :)
Kat your physique, workouts and attitude reminds me an awful lot of my wifes before she got sick. Nice muscle tone and strong as hell for your size. My wife was like you & used to make me feel like a wimp in the gym with her ability to just keep repping out in the 85-90% range and I would fall off quickly. Love mentally and physically strong girls like that. On a good note my wife is improving and thinks she will be ready to get back to the gym and lift soon. She lost about 30 lbs, I keep telling her she will be ripped when she hits the gym and her muscle swells back up. LOL Gotta keep her smiling.
Wow! I'm speechless!! Thank you so very much!!! I am sorry that your wife has been sick! She's lucky to have you beside her supporting her and keeping a smile on her face!! That's huge! I am so glad that she is improving and will be well enough to get back to the gym too!!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Got progress pics... Sorry if you follow my other log - same pics! Lol Down another 1.7lbs this week from last week and 11 if you count that crazy water weight! Lol Scale read 18% on bf... I really need to get measured though. I feel learner and can see changes- just have a hard time seeing them in the camera. Grr

Attachments

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Look at them curves ;)

Kat, looking good! Your making great progress and knowing how much weight you have lost and have kept with it is an inspiration to a lot of people I am sure!!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thank you Mystere! :)

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looking awesome Kat.

Killer leg workout... Did you give up on the meadows routine?

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Looking awesome Kat. Killer leg workout... Did you give up on the meadows routine?
Thank you Thomas!! No, just this weeks routine was full of hack squats and stiff deads- my back isn't ready for those. :( I wanted to so bad but gotta be patient!
In for this Kat.
Woohoo! Glad your here! :)

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thank you Thomas!! No, just this weeks routine was full of hack squats and stiff deads- my back isn't ready for those. :( I wanted to so bad but gotta be patient!
L:)
Good idea. I forgot about that.

turff49

turff49

Awards
I'm not a fan of stiff leg deads or good mornings. Easy way to hurt yourself. Those 2 exercises are easy to do with too much weight and you not realize it. Just because you think you can do more doesn't mean you should. Work up gradually adding weight. Better safe than sorry.

My avi- thanks. I'm in Myrtle Beach, everyone has a bike here! Lol

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I like stiff legged deads but just because that's the type I started with. I've only tried reg deads a few times. Haven't perfected form. Good mornings scare me at least with the bar- machines are fine. Haha yes they do! Maybe one day I'll get brave and check out myrtle beach! ;)