Bustin Through Plateaus with BPS Combustion and AdrenoSurg

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
While waiting for the stack to ship...I figured I'd post my stats and goals and get this thing all lined up. Currently standing at 120.6lbs. Looking to drop to 112-115 while maintaining lean muscle mass. I lost about 4lbs last month so excited to see where this takes me. I'll be continuing my AstraGin and ActiGin during the log as they won't interfere with results. I'm really interested to see what Combustion does for fat loss. Alphamine was great, but I'm Stims tolerant so it takes a hell of a stim to get me ripping through workouts.

I've been lifting 4-5 days per week. I will be trying to hit all muscles twice a week now and continue with high volume training. I do HIIT 2-3 times a week and when not doing that I run for an hour after lifting. My diet has me not eating carbs at the moment. The only carbs I consume come from vegetables like broccoli and cauliflower, etc. we juice a greens juice once a day in the evening as well. I'm holding steady at 1220 calories a day. I leave one day for carbs/refeed and make that the cheat day where I go 200-300 calories over my current limit.

Excited to log a much better log than the first one!

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
OK! So no supplements yet, but I did take a sample of Norcodrene I got from GNC and I have to say I enjoyed it while waiting for Combustion to ship. Today was a leg day. I found an image online from The Rock's instagram of a leg workout he did for Hercules. Naturally, I had to try it. My legs are my weakest and I spend 2+ hours on them when I work them out. The routine is as follows:

Leg Extension 4x25 reps.

Leg Press Superset with Weighted Walking Lunges 4x50 (Leg press) and 40 steps for Lunges (20 per side)

Hack Squat Machine 4x20

Romanian deadlift 4x12 (I used 12lbs dumbbells at this point lol)

Lying Leg Curls 4x12

Calves

Standing Calf Raises 4x75 (I did 25 of each style: neutral, in and out)

Seated Calf Raise 5x50 not only did I not get to 50 but I couldn't do all the sets either. I think I did 3 sets of 20 and called it quits.

One thing that did happen and it could have been from the hack squat machine, is that my lower back got incorporated somewhere before the deadlifts. It's muscle related, that much I know, and I don't think it's an injury. In fact, it feels the exact way it did 8 years ago when I was fat and did Good Mornings for the first time in my life. I think I'll put some heat on it tonight. Tomorrow is a scan at my doctor to make sure the stent in my carotid artery is doing well and to also make sure I have incurred any damage from lifting weights I'm not supposed to lol. Might do some cardio today and/or tomorrow.

Keeping a watchful eye for the UPS guy.

If anyone wants this workout on IG, the hashtag is #teamhercules

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
First!

Nice leg volume. I noticed slight lower back discomfort today on the hack, but I believe it started with my core failing on heavy squats prior to the hack. I noticed that if I focused on keeping my back flat against the sled it wasn't as bad. Just a thought.

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
First! Nice leg volume. I noticed slight lower back discomfort today on the hack, but I believe it started with my core failing on heavy squats prior to the hack. I noticed that if I focused on keeping my back flat against the sled it wasn't as bad. Just a thought.
Great advice! I may have lifted my ass too much an went too deep on the leg press after the hack. I wanted to press before hack machine but some clowns got to it before I did.

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
Still no package yet.....

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
Alright!!!! Package came and just took my first of Adrenosurge and Combustion! Today is an off day (possibly) so I'll report back on appetite suppression and energy later tonight

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hope it's treating you well!

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm in pimp

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
Starting weight this morning: 124.2

This is due to the three slices of pizza and 4 wings I ate yesterday (it was a cheat day). I tried to keep carbs low today eating lean ground turkey, fish, veggies and egg whites but still felt heavy all day.

I took Adrenosurge last night and I must say my sleep was already much better than it has been. I usually take a ZMA with melatonin before bed but didn't need one last night. Now, I woke up super hungry this morning, partially because of the carbs I ate yesterday. Upon waking I took 1 Combustion and it instantly curbed my appetite. I still ate breakfast but wasn't as hungry as I should have been which is good. I don't get super crazy focus energy from Combustion. It's more of a smooth clear energy, better than coffee (I still drink it though, caffeine has no effects on me anymore lol).

I took another Combustion around 5pm and went on a run with my husband at 6:30 for about 5 miles. I sweat far more than I usually do when we run, despite it being so humid in Florida. Overall I'm pleased so far. My goal is to hit 120lbs by next weekend, which will take a lot of fine tuning in the diet...and lots of cardio after lifting sessions. Tomorrow I'm going to hit chest and tris. I'm also trying out a suggestion that someone on bb.com mentioned. this was the post "Do at least 30 reps daily of a bicep exercise. PLUS, Take a bicep shot daily and witness your progress!! Monday: DB Bicep Curls 4 sets total- use a heavier weight on the lower rep sets 10, 5, 5, 10 Tues: Hammer curls 5 sets total 10, 5, 5, 5, 5 Wed: Concentration curls 3 sets of 10 reps Thurs: Curl Bar Curls 5 sets total 10, 5, 5, 5, 5 Fri: Machine Bicep Curls 3 sets 5 full range reps 5 short ball up bicep reps Saturday: Incline bench bicep curls 3 sets of 10 Sunday: Pick your FAVORITE Bicep exercise 5 sets total 10, 5, 5, 5, 5 Feel free to substitute if you don't have the exact equipment. Don't forget to take some pics!! "

excited to try it!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very detailed post.

I have no doubt you'll see changes doing bicep curls every day. However, I strongly disagree with his/her recommendation. Muscles need rest to grow and to recover. They say the only two muscle groups that can be done daily are calves and abs. I guess because they are smaller muscles, but I still wouldn't do calves daily. Abs sure, but no one wants larger abs.

Just my .02¢

What part of Florida?

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
Very detailed post. I have no doubt you'll see changes doing bicep curls every day. However, I strongly disagree with his/her recommendation. Muscles need rest to grow and to recover. They say the only two muscle groups that can be done daily are calves and abs. I guess because they are smaller muscles, but I still wouldn't do calves daily. Abs sure, but no one wants larger abs. Just my .02¢ What part of Florida?
Well since it's only one exercise a day, I'll give it a try...I can't lift heavy due to docs orders so it will be light weights high reps.

I love in south Florida, 45 min south of Miami and 30 just north of key largo. Central florida is much more humid than it is here though :)

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well since it's only one exercise a day, I'll give it a try...I can't lift heavy due to docs orders so it will be light weights high reps.

I love in south Florida, 45 min south of Miami and 30 just north of key largo. Central florida is much more humid than it is here though :)
Oh, you're way down there. Jealous.

It's a hot and humid one up here in Jax.

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
Oh, you're way down there. Jealous. It's a hot and humid one up here in Jax.
Yeah pretty much at the bottom of the mainland lol. Last time I was in Jax was February, wasn't ready for 40 degrees!!

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
So this is for yesterday, didn't get around to posting.

Workout:
cable crossovers
cable flys
cable crossover low
All three did 3 sets of 15 reps

did single arm triceps back to the machine 3 sets of 15 reps
then rope pushdown first set was a burn set followed by 3 sets of 8 reps
Single arm pushdown 3 sets to failure both over and underhand

Next on to machine fly 4 sets of 15
tricep extention machine 4 sets of 15
chest press machine 4 sets of 15

jumped on cable chest press machine with superset flys 3 sets of 10

Lying db tricep extention 3 sets of 10

Combustion worked great yesterday....still shedding the water I retained from the pizza. I won't take measurements until at least this weekend to see if theres a change.

For those using AdrenoSurge, I know you all say you rest well, anyone have weird dreams while taking it? Seems some of my dreams are two dreams merging into one weird one....could just be me lol. I'll post my leg day from today either tonight or tomorrow

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good Lord, that volume. No wonder you didn't post yesterday, your arms couldn't move.

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
Good Lord, that volume. No wonder you didn't post yesterday, your arms couldn't move.
haha! they were tired but feeling ok today. I don't lift heavy, not allowed to any more. So I try to go for lots of exercises and high reps. It takes longer and longer for them to fail out now lol. I tried the 5x5 thing years go, just wasn't my style for my body type.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
haha! they were tired but feeling ok today. I don't lift heavy, not allowed to any more. So I try to go for lots of exercises and high reps. It takes longer and longer for them to fail out now lol. I tried the 5x5 thing years go, just wasn't my style for my body type.
Whaddya mean, no more heavy weight?

How old are you, or, why not?

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
Whaddya mean, no more heavy weight?

How old are you, or, why not?
lol I'm 31...female....but a year ago I tore open my carotid artery in two places pulling on heavy equipment at work (Coast Guard). Had a stroke and everything. Doctor said no more lifting more than 20lbs ever again as I have a 2.5 inch long titanium stent in my neck. However 20lbs is light for me, I'm supposed to focus on toning and muscle fatigue instead of **** that makes me hold my breath or strain when I lift. So as long as I don't strain ever again, I can slowly go up in weight. Doctors said I should have died as my artery was closed 90% for over 3 weeks :01:

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dude... Ette. That's the most hardcore story I've ever heard, and you're still lifting. That's awesome.

So, my comment about too much volume is null at this point.

Are you able to play around with slow negatives at all? Or does the strain too much?

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
Dude... Ette. That's the most hardcore story I've ever heard, and you're still lifting. That's awesome.

So, my comment about too much volume is null at this point.

Are you able to play around with slow negatives at all? Or does the strain too much?
haha thanks! I try to be as hard core as I can, only way to live! Nah negatives don't strain too much, I've been doing those a lot more. Form control has helped as well. Going slow on the positive and negative and maintaining perfect form and squeezing only the muscle being worked, you'd be amazed how heavy 5-10lbs can be made to feel when done right.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
haha thanks! I try to be as hard core as I can, only way to live! Nah negatives don't strain too much, I've been doing those a lot more. Form control has helped as well. Going slow on the positive and negative and maintaining perfect form and squeezing only the muscle being worked, you'd be amazed how heavy 5-10lbs can be made to feel when done right.
Well, mad props to ya. I agree on the lower weight. I can do a lot of damage myself with lower weights.

What about legs? <20 on legs too?

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
Well, mad props to ya. I agree on the lower weight. I can do a lot of damage myself with lower weights.

What about legs? <20 on legs too?
nah. I go heavier on legs. as long as I don't make that "i gotta crap" face while lifting I'm ok :)

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Great log so far!! I agree with Thomas! That's a very inspiring story! So glad you're ok and still training! You go girl!!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What?! 2 logs? Jeez, you really aren't playing around....

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
What?! 2 logs? Jeez, you really aren't playing around....
Nope! Plus the BPS guys here asked if I could post it here as well and I was happy to :)

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nope! Plus the BPS guys here asked if I could post it here as well and I was happy to :)
That's a solid thing for you to do. We really do appreciate it :)

Very inspired after reading your story, that is amazing! Keep being awesome!

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Things are looking good, and very detailed in here... following!

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
Great log so far!! I agree with Thomas! That's a very inspiring story! So glad you're ok and still training! You go girl!!
Thank you Kat!! Your support is the stuff that keeps me going

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
That's a solid thing for you to do. We really do appreciate it :)

Very inspired after reading your story, that is amazing! Keep being awesome!
Thanks so much! I'm here for you guys! thanks to YOU for letting me try these awesome products!!

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
Ok, so no workout yesterday due to appointments and shopping at Whole Foods for green juice ingredients. I spent the evening calculating new calorie amounts and researching intermittent fasting. I found that I fell into the '1200 calorie' trap of most 'dieters'. I was tracking 1223 calories and I've been stuck at 123lbs since starting this log. Granted it's only been a week, but there should have been some change considering the workouts I was doing. So after some research and math, I found my BMR to be 1316 calories, so as you can see I was actually eating below my BMR calories. That's a big no no. I also found my TDEE was 2040...I think that's a bit high but I workout easily 3-5 days a week for 2 hours each day.

I'm going to attempt intermittent fasting (started today) and on training days consume 2244 calories (+10% TDEE) and on rest days consume 1428(-30% from TDEE). The trouble is going to be trying to consume that many calories in 8 hours on training days. I'm going to give it two to three weeks and see if there are any changes. I consumed all my calories last night and stopped eating by 8:30 and weighed in at 122.8 today but it's obviously too soon to tell if there's an actual affect.

Tuesday's workout:
Legs

Leg Press 4 x 50
Leg curl first set was drop set 2-3 times followed by 3 sets of 25
Standing calf raise 4 x 50
Seated calf raise 3 x 12

Leg extension first set was drop set 2-3 times followed by 3 x 25
Abductor 4 x 20
Goblet squats with 20lb kettle bell 3 x 15

Worked on squats with free bar instead of the smith machine. Trying to get away from the smith machine and realized I need to work on it far more than expected.

Adrenosurge and Combustion

Both supplements are working well. Combustion does a wonderful job of appetite suppression which will make the increase in calories even harder to achieve. I take Combustion 2-3 times a day depending on what I'm doing for the day. Adrenosurge has been wonderful at night and I have stopped taking my PowerFULL for now as I wasn't sure if they would interfere with each other.

Today is another rest day unless the rain holds off then we might go for a run. Tomorrow hopefully we (husband and I) will lift and possibly do some cardio! Happy Thursday everyone!

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
I realize it's been a few days since logging and I apologize. My sister came down from NH for a visit this week so I'll do what I can for posting.

After my last post, we did end up running for 5 miles lol. Was a great workout over all. Combustion and Adrenosurge are awesome. One great thing I can report is a I gave my husband Adrenosurge the other night. He took that instead of his nightly weeweetail of melatonin and Benadryl and he was happy to report the adrenosurge knocked him out!! It takes a fantastic supplement to help him sleep well and I'm happy to say after this run I will be buying a bottle just for him.

I did set myself back however. We went out to eat on Saturday to Bucca Di Beppo, for those of you who have never been, it's an Italian restaurant who's meals serve 2-4 people. I said screw the calories and diet that day and I went back up from 120.4 to 124.8. I suspect it's water weight from the salt in the food, and probably the tiramisu that I ate as well. I hate when I have days like that as I felt my IF and my new calorie plan really took off quickly. But alas, the inner fat kid in me found it's way out again. Hopefully by chugging enough water and going back to eating clean I can fix the foo up.

Tomorrow I am taking my sister to Key West and while we did chest and tris today, it will just be walking around all day tomorrow. Will report back tomorrow how the diet went.

Workout

Cable chest press 3x15
Cable crossover high 3x12
Cable crossover low 3x12
Fly machine 3x15
single arm tricep pushdown overhand 3xfailure then underhand 3xfailure
dip machine 3xfailure

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Enjoy your time with your sister!! I'm sure the weight will be off in no time! :)

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I love that place. Their portions are awesome for cheat days!

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
I love that place. Their portions are awesome for cheat days!
They are! Except when you over consume on everything!!!! And I always want to eat the whole dessert menu!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
They are! Except when you over consume on everything!!!! And I always want to eat the whole dessert menu!
Lol. I'm not big on deserts, but you put some Italian carbs in my face I can't say no.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm with you in that! I can be miserably full but put a dessert in front of me and you'd think I was starving! It's horrible!! Lol

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
I'm with you in that! I can be miserably full but put a dessert in front of me and you'd think I was starving! It's horrible!! Lol
Omg I'm the same way! And was exactly that way this weekend lol

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
Sorry these posts have been lacking! my sister is in town and today we didn't go to the gym. Yesterday we did legs.

#TeamHercules workout:

Leg extension 4 x 25

Leg press superset with weighted walking lunges 4 x 50 (leg press) 40 steps for lunges

Hack squat machine 4 x 20

Romanian deadlift 4 x 12

lying leg curls 4 x 12

Calves

Standing calf raise 4 x 75
Seated Calf raise 4 x 50

Adrenosurge helped me sleep through the night, no waking up last night. I even woke up 10 min before my alarm. I'm loving the sleep effects the longer I take this product!

Tomorrow is Key West with my sister so while no weights will go down, lots of walking will.......and maybe a Mojito will follow Combustion will come along for full thermo effect and appetite suppression!

Have a good weekend everyone. Sister leaves Tuesday and the gym will resume full schedule!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
better sleep seems to be a common effect of adrenosurge....it should help some with stim tolerance also!!! even though combustion is mild on stim, taken with adrenosurge should increase it's effect.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hecka leg volume lady! Have fun with the sis.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
better sleep seems to be a common effect of adrenosurge....it should help some with stim tolerance also!!! even though combustion is mild on stim, taken with adrenosurge should increase it's effect.
The better sleep is def my favorite effect of AdrenoSurge. I made the mistake of taking a full scoop of StimaHOLIC the other day.....definitely can see that AdrenoSurge helped with stim tolerance! 1/2 scoop from now on!

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
OK! Sister's visit was great. I live in a slightly rural area of southern Florida so it's hard to take people all over and show them stuff.

Today I'm back to the gym. I'm going to look into a solid back workout as I haven't done back in quite some time.

I have some bad news though, I ran out of AdrensoSurge early! Actually that good news because my husband likes to take it at night and it has been helping him sleep a lot better. I'm going to purchase a bottle just for him to help him out as we shared this one and he didn't take them until halfway through the log. Combustion is still working great. He is also using that one (we have noticed a trend here). Although some water weight came back, I'm still floating around 121-120lbs so Combustion has helped pushed me past the 123-124 block I was in.

Intermittent fasting is going ok as well. I hate the idea of waiting on breakfast, I'm one of the few that enjoys eggs and bacon first thing in the morning but I'm getting used to it. I really enjoy eating a huge dinner as I sucked down 8oz of short rib steak, 2 1/2 cups of veggies and some quinoa and rice last night.

Will post later today how the workout goes!