test factor for the older guys

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
starting my log for two bottles of Molecular Nutrition's Test Factor. completely different make up of anything i have ever seen before. i don't know what i will use to track the advantage of this product. i am hoping the reps and experienced users of a like product can give me some guidance. should be fun. stats are as follows
5'8"
18% bf
2 day split schedule
using the x reps method of descending reps range (30,20,10 ) usually three to four sets per group.
i am nursing a shoulder tear as this log starts and will find out more as we go. mri is scheduled and then the doctors will set up surgery and recoup time for me which i have read will be 3 months miminum. so my fall bulk wll have to wait. so here we go taking my first dose at 12 pm today. already got a workout in this morning fasted.

tried chest but shoulder gave out on second set of bb bench
did xreps on all sets
db incline bench
pec deck
dips
pullups
overhead tricep extentions
cable skullcrushers
incline db zottman curls
seated calf raises
3 sets 30,20,10 adding 5-10 lbs per set.
bear crawl challenge from the Spartan group starting today 30 per day.

lets roll !

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed, thanks for getting this log up so quickly. Let me know if you have any questions whatsoever along the way. Really stoked for these logs and to hear all of the feedback.

Since the ActeoFit has a strong GDA effect, take 2 caps AM and 2 caps PM both with, or 15 min prior, to carbohydrate containing meals.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
Thanj swole. The usual dosing on the package is sub par. Will do ny second one tonight. I know it is early but in week or two what should I be looking for.

braskibra

braskibra

Awards
I'm a couple days in, very early but I feel pretty full and pumped at the gym, no increase in carbs just taking with a moderate carb meal (30 grams ish). Not to toot my own horn but I felt like I looked really good in the gym today, vascular and pretty pumped

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Annnnd in!

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
Did my double dosage of test factor yesterday.
Trao and arm workout but no like I usually do.time constriction.
Drag curls
Pushdowns
Concentration curls
Reverse curls
Shrugs
Overhead shrugs
Upright rows
Wish I had been at the gym for this could have gotten more.
Closed today so maybe early tomorrow for legs.
Happy fourth my brethren in iron enjoy the freedom!

braskibra

braskibra

Awards
Did my double dosage of test factor yesterday.
Trao and arm workout but no like I usually do.time constriction.
Drag curls
Pushdowns
Concentration curls
Reverse curls
Shrugs
Overhead shrugs
Upright rows
Wish I had been at the gym for this could have gotten more.
Closed today so maybe early tomorrow for legs.
Happy fourth my brethren in iron enjoy the freedom!

thanks bro hope you had a good one too!

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
noticed alot more vacularity in my upper chest today after a small workout. test factormust be starting to come on.first one i have been able to get to or wanted too. long weekend of activities kept us busy. didn't do anything but veg out all day yesterday. i can say i ate pretty good considering we cooked out alot. lots of protein lean burgers, chicken and pork. mass quantities of beer though. i think i have my quota for the year now!

did a multi muscle session today at home .
db bench press, seated curls, zottmans bentover row and bentover laterals with 25s for 8-10
ez bar drag curls, bentover rows, reverse curls 4 sets 10 at 60
leg extentions 108 4 sets 15
pullups 3 sets of 6-8 bw

kind of went in slow didn't want to piss my shoulder off anymore than it already is. still waiting on dr's office to set up surgery. and decide when to do it around my work schedule. i just got promoted so i don't want to take off before we start school. might not look to good on me. nothing big though i had been doing the job anyway no i have the title to go with it. i am really worried about losing everything i have achieved with being out for so long with this surgery . does anyone know of any site i can look at for training while recovering? everything i have is in the basement so getting up and down with the harness they will have me in will be difficult. i know i have to do phy. therapy at home everyday for around 5 minutes to build flexibility back along with strength slowly. if you guys find out anything let me know.

braskibra

braskibra

Awards
I can probably help u out with that my friend, need more info on surgery tho

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That is rough on the need for surgery, but smart call to play it safe and avoid any further injury.

Great to hear about vascularity even in your chest. I hope you had a terrific 4th of July with your friends and family!

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
Headed to the docs tomorrow to get the verdict on surgery. It is a confirmed rotator tear. Screw me!

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Headed to the docs tomorrow to get the verdict on surgery. It is a confirmed rotator tear. Screw me!
Ah damn, sorry to hear that!

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
Surgery set for. monday morning. Four weeks in a sling then eight if rehab.but I will be able to do more once I am healed so thankful for small blessings.
So I am hitting it as hard as I can this week to try and tone up what I will surely lose. Got to learn things like a southpaw.
Did the arm blast workout listed on the home page and it was intense. Try it out fir yourself.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
Surgery set for. monday morning. Four weeks in a sling then eight if rehab.but I will be able to do more once I am healed so thankful for small blessings.
So I am hitting it as hard as I can this week to try and tone up what I will surely lose. Got to learn things like a southpaw.
Did the arm blast workout listed on the home page and it was intense. Try it out fir yourself. .

braskibra

braskibra

Awards
Did the arm blast workout listed on the home page and it was intense. Try it out fir yourself. .

Good luck, get it moving but take it slow with lifting after, big time fail rate up to 1 year with RTC repairs.

When do you start rehab? 8 weeks thats it! geez id hope for more

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good luck with your surgery, I'd discontinue taking Test Factor until you get back in the gym after rehabbing your shoulder.

Once it's all healed up, I'm sure you'll be able to get stronger than ever!

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
Got out of surgery in good shape. Also hada tirn bicep too. I'll find out my total plan Monday. Thanks for the support fellas.I'll bw checking in.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Got out of surgery in good shape. Also hada tirn bicep too. I'll find out my total plan Monday. Thanks for the support fellas.I'll bw checking in.
Glad to hear everything went ok. Torn labrum surgery a 1 1/2 years ago. Just take her slow. Hopefully PT won't be too bad. PT hurt like a mofo every time. Still working out scar tissue.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Glad to hear everything went ok. Torn labrum surgery a 1 1/2 years ago. Just take her slow. Hopefully PT won't be too bad. PT hurt like a mofo every time. Still working out scar tissue.
Damn, sounds painful just reading that!!

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can lift everything pain free that's what matters!!!
Absolutely, cant beat that. I'm in the same boat 95% of the time, heavy bench bothers my shoulders and heavy deads and squats sometimes bother my inguinal area where I had a hernia surgery a few years back.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Absolutely, cant beat that. I'm in the same boat 95% of the time, heavy bench bothers my shoulders and heavy deads and squats sometimes bother my inguinal area where I had a hernia surgery a few years back.
Take that back. Squatting hurts it. I have to play around with the grips. Also can't keep shoulder blades tight which doesn't help with form. lol sorry for hijacking your thread. Hope everything is feeling good.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Take that back. Squatting hurts it. I have to play around with the grips. Also can't keep shoulder blades tight which doesn't help with form. lol sorry for hijacking your thread. Hope everything is feeling good.
Ah ya, squeezing your elbows back/shoulder blades together is paramount for keeping your back rigid enough to handle the big weights on squats.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
how you feeling bo? everything good?

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hope the post surgery recovery is going very well.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
Sore. Adjusting to the meds.would glutamine fish oil anything else possibly aid in recovery?

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sore. Adjusting to the meds.would glutamine fish oil anything else possibly aid in recovery?
I used a lot of fish oil at least 2x the amount. Bromelain. (Sp) and 5MG for 3 weeks and 2MG for 6 weeks of TB 500.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm unsure how much additional fish oil will truly help with the pain. Best of luck with figuring out the right combo to kill the pain and have a great weekend!

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm unsure how much additional fish oil will truly help with the pain. Best of luck with figuring out the right combo to kill the pain and have a great weekend!
Reduce inflammation and promote healing is why I did it

bigguyn10ec

bigguyn10ec

Awards
  • Established
Watching the rehab. I need to get my right one checked. Been a issue for years

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
I started back on test yesterday. U want to see if wil aid in tbe heali g process. Definitely be v a feather in the hat if it does.heres a shot of my bicep.

Attachments

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would suggest waiting on the Test Factor until you are back in the gym. Its effects on your training will be far more noticeable than any potential impact it would have on healing injuries.