Molecular Nutrition's NEW TEST FACTOR: DJ's Daily Log!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

DJ's DAILY TEST FACTOR LOG! With Weekly Video Updates!

Big shout out to MOLECULAR NUTRITION and SwolenONE for allowing me the opportunity to log their NEW TEST FACTOR! I've used MN products in the past including their ArA products X-Factor and X-Factor Advanced and with knowing how well those 2 products have treated me I'm excited to see what the revamped TEST FACTOR can do as far as delivering solid results in the gym and in the mirror! Please follow me along as I attempt to see what MN's NEW TEST FACTOR has in store for me!

STATS
Height: 6'9"
Weight: 244.7lbs (as of yesterday - this will be checked daily)
Goals: Recomp while retaining or gaining strength
Diet: Fluctuates, typically ~ 4000cals as day (40/40/20)
Training: CUBE Method (Powerlifting)

CURRENT TRAINING MAXES/ALL TIME MAXES
SQUAT: 355lbs (365lbs)
BENCH: 290lbs (320lbs)
DEAD: 485lbs (500lbs)

Cube Method is based off of my best meet and/or training maxes. This log will coincide with my second cycle of Cube Method which is a 9 week program that tests maxes in the 10th week. My first Cube method had training percentages based off of my first meet maxes (early March). I blew most of those out of the water and have since readjusted my training maxes and percentages. If anyone has any more questions about this style of training feel free to ask. I do not plan on competing in another powerlifting meet for quite some time as I have a new addition to the family arriving in late August so that will be taking up some of my free time but I'm OK with that :)

THE PRODUCT

NEW Test Factor™ was formulated by the acclaimed research & development team at Molecular Nutrition with two clear goals in mind. First, to support maximum increases in serum total and free testosterone levels, surpassing previous benchmarks. Second, to create a formula that goes beyond the standard T-boosting effects of this category, supporting a wide range of action including increased protein synthesis rates, reduced muscle catabolism, extended muscle endurance, enhanced recovery, and heightened libido/sexual potency. The resulting formula includes some of the most effective bioactive compounds known to sports science, and represents a major step forward in hormonal support supplementation!

Key Benefits of Test Factor:

• Increase Total and Free Testosterone
  • Increase Muscle Mass & Strength
  • Improve Muscle Endurance
  • Preserve Muscle Mass (Anti-Catabolic)
  • Speed Muscle Recovery
  • Support Libido & Sexual Function

Key Ingredients Include:

Sarcosine (N-methylglycine): An amino acid found naturally in the body, sarcosine plays an important role in the biosynthesis of testosterone. It is believed to act primarily by supporting N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) neurotransmission. Sarcosine supports the activity of NMDA in two ways. First, it is a competitive inhibitor of the type I glycine transporter (GlyT1). This reduces glycine uptake into cells, increasing its availability for synaptic NMDA receptors. Second, sarcosine has been shown to be a ligand for the NMDA receptor itself, acting as a co-agonist at the glycine binding site. NMDA is directly involved in hypothalamic GnRH synthesis, which in turn increases the output of gonadotropic hormones, and ultimately testosterone.

AlivEL™ 100 Ultimate Eurycoma longifolia (also known as tongkat ali): This ingredient has been shown in placebo-controlled studies to increase testosterone levels by 37% in men. It has also been shown to reduce cortisol by 16%, which is a stress hormone that can break down (catabolize) muscle tissue. These beneficial effects are mediated by a series of bioactive components in the plant, of which eurycomanone is believed to be the most important. High quality eurycoma longifolia extracts are standardized for their eurycomanone content, with 1% being the previous high mark. The new high-potency extract in Test Factor™ contains TWICE that concentration, a remarkable 2% eurycomanone.

PrimaVie™: This part of the Test Factor™ formula is a special high potency extract of Shilajit, an organo-mineral found in the Himalayan mountain region. The main bioactive component of shilajit is believed to be fulvic acid, an organic polymer. Clinical studies on adult infertile men found that 200mg of shilajit per day (containing 54.8% fulvic acid) for 90 days increased testosterone levels by 23.5% (from 4.85ng/mL to 5.99ng/mL). This level of supplementation was also shown to reduce blood glucose by 6.8%, suggesting other potential metabolic improvement. Test Factor™ exclusively uses PrimaVie™ high potency shilajit extract, which contains a minimum of 60% fulvic acid.

ActeoFIT™: A specialized blend of two herbal extracts, rehmannia glutinosa and cistanche deserticola. Several studies suggest the components of this blend may support exercise performance. One series of preliminary experiments with mice demonstrated an increase in exercise endurance, along with inhibited creatine kinase and improved glycogen stores. This may translate to better performance, along with preserved muscle mass and energy. Another similar set of experiments found hyperplasia and hypertrophy of muscle cell mitochondria, but without damage to the myofibril. This suggests possible benefits for muscle fiber growth, including an anti-catabolic (protein sparing) effect.
Follow me as I attempt to hit new PRs with the help of MN's NEW Test Factor!!!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
[video=youtube;BeNx_9Jkf14]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeNx_9Jkf14[/video]​

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Reserved for Final Review Video

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 1: SQUATTERDAY

BODYWEIGHT: 244.7lbs dry weight upon waking up

PREWORKOUT: 2xTest Factor, 4xX-Factor Advanced, 1 scoop STIMAHOLIC, 1 scoop NOXYGEN

SQUATS - SPEED
135x5wu
185x4wu
225x3wu
250x3,3,3

MODIFIED REVERSE BANDS SQUAT
I don't have bands so instead I go for a heavier single based off my main lift...
285x2
Whoops. Only supposed to get 1 but it felt so good I went for two :)

OLYMPIC STANCE DEEP SQUAT
135x5
185x5,5,5,5,5

LEG PRESS
553x15
553x10+463x5
463x15,15,15

REVERSE HYPERS
BWx12,12,12

GOOD MORNINGS
95x10,10,10

CARDIO
20 mins incline treadmill @ 7.5% incline and 3.2mph pace = 190cals​

I'll comment more on this with the intro video but the first thing I noticed about the TF pills is they literally look like someone took some gravel, crushed it up, and stuck it inside the capsules. It is the strangest looking pill I have ever seen... but after looking at the profile I can't wait to see what it does for me. Since its only DAY 1 I don't have much to comment on other than that today felt really good in the gym. I took 3 days off prior to lifting today and I came in fresh and motivated. Hitting 285x2 really got me stoked mentally and helped me speed through the rest of my workout.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
good start, in.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Im in! Lets see how giants are made!

braskibra

braskibra

Awards
In! how are you dosing, I actually think I am gonna push the second serving after the workout as to not interfere with cortisol response to training, idk just a thought

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In! how are you dosing, I actually think I am gonna push the second serving after the workout as to not interfere with cortisol response to training, idk just a thought
I typically lift in the AM so I'm taking 2 pre (or w/ breakfast if its an off day) and 2 before bed with dinner. I've actually been forgetting to take my second dose so that'll be starting tonight.

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No vids yet? I am disappoint.

And grats on the news! August is the best month. :)

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sexy bottle shot!

Subbed, thanks for getting this log up so quickly. Let me know if you have any questions whatsoever along the way. Really stoked for these logs and to hear all of the feedback.

Since the ActeoFit has a strong GDA effect, take 2 caps AM and 2 caps PM both with, or 15 min prior, to carbohydrate containing meals.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No vids yet? I am disappoint.

And grats on the news! August is the best month. :)
No not yet. Too busy! Started a new job as well so that's been keeping me on my toes! Sooooon :)

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 2: BENCHIN' - HEAVY

FLOOR PRESS
135x5
185x4
225x3
260x2
290x0
275x0
A little aggravated here that I couldn't even floor press my previous max from two weeks ago. Not enough rest? Not enough warm up? Too much warm up? Not sure but it certainly got in my head mentally :(

FLAT BENCH
185x15,15,15

LAT PULLDOWN
130x12,12,12

TRICEP PUSHDOWN
30x100 (not all at once... ended up being 40/20/15/15/10 with very short breaks)

DB SHRUGS
75x15,15,15 with one second squeezes at the top

SEATED DB PRESS
50s x 12,12,12

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 3: LISS CARDIO

2.72 miles in 26:20 ~ 460 calories burned

Will be throwing these in from time to time just to keep the heart healthy. Its been my first time going for a run in nearly a year and my legs/knees were not a fan of it whatsoever. At this point I've only been taking TF with breakfast. Nothing to note yet.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 4+5: REST

BODYWEIGHT: Fluctuating between 244-246lbs the past few days. Started doubling the dose of TF on DAY 4. Also right in the middle of the week with a new job that is keeping me on my toes... so I apologize for the lack of daily updates! Starting to have some sleeping issues but I'm not sure its related to the new job or to TF. We'll see if it keeps up as we head into the weekend.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 6: DEADLIFT - REPS

DEADLIFT
135x5 (sumo)
225x4 (sumo)
315x3 (sumo, knees started to hurt, switched to conventional)
340x3,3,3

4" BLOCK PULLS
375x3,3

OLYMPIC STANCE SQUATS
185x8,8,8,8 (all deep/ATG)

GLUTE-HAM RAISES
BWx10,10,10,10 (hands behind head - I can't add any weight to this because the GHR bench barely supports my height lol and adding weight puts too much pressure on the back of my knees)

STATIONARY BIKE HIIT CARDIO
15 minutes (5 sprint cycles) for about ~ 120 calories

2014-07-03.jpg

2 caps of Test Factor and in the background are 4 caps of X-Factor Advanced

BODYWEIGHT: 244.3lbs

So far so good! I've been continuing the dosing at 2 pills twice a day, once with breakfast and again with dinner (so usually 6AM and 6-8PM). Taking these pills with food hasn't caused any stomach irritation or other GI discomfort problems. The sleeping issues I had described earlier were not related to TF at all and instead I chalk them up to 1) the new job and 2) my wife being pregnant who wakes up 3 times in the middle of the night to pee and 3) a little rat dog Yorkie that seems to enjoy jumping off the bed and returning five minutes later to scratch at the side of the bed so we can let him back up... only for him to jump off again half an hour later and repeat the process. Each time I have woken up in the past this week my mouth has been extremely dry so I'm trying to remedy that by drinking more water throughout the day but sometimes the offset of that is waking up to pee in the middle of the night. BW is staying relatively the same which was expected because I haven't really tweaked my calories much. Strength is so-so at the moment. I felt GREAT during squats, but bench and deadlift had me scratching my head. I was disappointed earlier in the week with not being able to lock out a 290lbs floor press and I tweaked my back slightly doing deadlifts last night but it was tolerable and now I feel OK today with just the usual post-workout soreness. I have noticed some slight increase in vascularity which I can't attribute to anything else besides TF which was kind of a surprise! Tonight is another off day so I can spend it with my wife and then we go into a three day weekend and I will have the intro video filmed and posted tomorrow gokix811!

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
nice volume in there, keep it up!

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
Thanks man. Been so busy at work... time to sub to all the other TF logs ;)
at least you make time to workout, thats the difference between quitters and winners

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
[video=youtube;BeNx_9Jkf14]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeNx_9Jkf14[/video]​

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 7: MOAR REST

Can't grow without it!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 8: FLUFFNBUFF!

BODYWEIGHT: 241.1lbs (dry weight upon waking)

PREWORKOUT: 1 serving IronFlex QUAKE, 1 scoop NOXYGEN (2 caps Test Factor taken with breakfast an hour before)

STANDING CALF RAISE
225x10,10,10,10 (30 sec. rest between sets)

SEATED CALF RAISE
90x10,10,10,10 (30 sec. rest between sets)

BARBELL OVERHEAD PRESS
95x10
105x10,10,10

BARBELL FRONT RAISES
40x10,10,10,12 (4XMM Style)*

DUMBBELL LATERAL RAISES
20s x 10
15s x 10,10,10,12 (4XMM Style)*

BARBELL SHRUGS
225x10,10,10,10 (1 sec. squeeze at the top ea. rep)

DECLINE BENCH PRESS
135x5
185x4
225x8,8,8,8 (one sec. pause on chest ea. rep)

TRICEP DIPS
BWx100

15min., 5 sprint cycles, 110cals

Had a great day in the gym today and ended up working on more than I meant to (I haven't done front/lateral raises in like... a year... so it felt good to randomly throw those in. Today was a little more shoulder heavy than I meant to and that is just fine by me. I had endurance out the wazoo (perhaps from TF??? Quake??? Both???) and just didn't want to leave. Skin is starting to feel a little tighter especially in the forearms and biceps/triceps. Noticed the pumps becoming even more pronounced than usual. Didn't have any heart rate or respiratory rate elevations during training which is a plus (a lot of stimmed preworkouts get me too worked up to perform adequately). I was surprised to see that I had lost a pound when I stepped on the scale even though the diet hasn't changed. I'll be keeping an eye on that. This begins week 2 and tomorrow is Heavy Squats! Looking forward to it!!!

- DJ

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 9: SQUATS - HEAVY

BODYWEIGHT: 243.0lbs
PREWORKOUT: 2 TF (taken with breakfast 1 hr prior), 1 scoop EVOL, 1 scoop ENDURATE, 1 scoop NOXYGEN

SQUATS
BAR x 5
135 x 5
185 x 4
245 x 3
285 x 2
300 x 2
320 x 1
330 x 1

GOOD MORNINGS
BAR x 5
135 x 10,10,10

LEG PRESS
283 x 10
463 x 20,20,20 (same weight as last time but +5reps to each set :D)

STEP UPS (replaces LUNGES)
BW+90x12 (ea. leg)
BW+100x12 (ea. leg)
BW+110x12 (ea. leg)

BACK RAISES
BWx15,15,15,15

LISS CARDIO
3.2mph pace at 7.5% incline for 30 minutes for 390 cals

Snapchat-20140705120250.jpg

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 10: BENCHPRESS - REPS

PREWORKOUT: 2 caps TF w/ breakfast... 1.5 scoops EVOL, 1 scoop Endurate, 1 scoop NOXYGEN, 4 caps XFA

INCLINE BARBELL BENCHPRESS
BAR x 5
135 x 5
160 x 4
185 x 3,3,3,3,3

INCLINE DB PRESS
55s x 20,20

CLOSE GRIP BENCHPRESS
155 x 12,12,12

CABLE FLY
25 x 15,15,15 (weight ea. arm)

TRICEP PUSHDOWN
Rope Separation 35 x 50
Straight Bar 57.5 x 50

20 minutes for 7 sprint cycles and around 150cals burned

Felt amazing today. I can usually throw more weight on for close grip benchpress but after doing all that work in front of it 155 became a challenge. The pumps were much more noticeable today prior to any other workout since I started TF, especially during cable flys (contracting hard throughout the motion. 25 is light but I lifted in a way to make it difficult) and tricep pushdowns. Endurance was solid and the HIIT cardio seemed relatively easy. A solid end to the weekend workouts.

808shredded

Awards
  • Established
I'm in. I bought couple bottles myself. See what I can learn from u before I start my cycle.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Way to kill it in the gym time and time again. Glad to hear you're loving Test Factor. It absolutely has endurance and recovery benefits with the Primavie and ActeoFit, the rest of your stack is certainly helping in those areas as well.

I hope you had a great time celebrating the 4th with your friends & family!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 11 & 12: REST

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 13: HIIT CARDIO

Hopped on the stationary bike and hammered out 20 minutes, 8 sprint cycles for around 5 miles total distance and 160 calories burned. Short, sweet and effective.

Deadlifts later tonight... my favorite :D! As long as my back doesn't give me issues...

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That post serves as a reminder, HIIT and deadlifts are two things I need to be doing more of!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That post serves as a reminder, HIIT and deadlifts are two things I need to be doing more of!
Haha truth! No deadlift tonight my mechanic called and said my car is ready to be picked up. Between travel time and traffic I won't have time for the gym tonight with the exception of a quick HIIT session if I can squeeze it in. Deadlift tomorrow after work. Bringing my gym bag and change of clothes w me so I have no excuse :)! My back is still slightly irritated so another day of resting it should be good.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 15: DEADLIFT - SPEED

DEADLIFT
135x5 (warmup)
225x4 (warmup)
275x3 (warmup)
315x1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1 (Dead stop reps, release of bar, reset)

4" SNATCH GRIP BLOCK PULLS
225x20

OLYMPIC STANCE DEEP SQUAT
185x8,8,8

DB SHRUGS
80s x 12
90s x 12
100s x 12

BACK RAISES
BW x 50

LAT PULLDOWNS
115x15,15,15,15

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 16: BENCHPRESS - SPEED

PREWORKOUT: 2 caps TF (with breakfast)... 1.5 scoops Nitramine, 2 scoops NOXYGEN, 4 caps XFA

FLOOR PRESS
205x5,5,5,5,5 (30 sec. rest between sets)

INCLINE DB PRESS
60s x 15,15,15

TRICEP PUSHDOWN - VBAR
42.5x100

STANDING DB PRESS
40s x 10,10,10

LAYING DB FLYS

35s x 15,15,15

So I skipped the fluff n' buff day and decided to jump right into benchpress. I did for this for two reasons: 1) my chest hadn't been worked in nearly a week and 2) my chest felt great and I was just ready to lift heavy things so I decided to move into Week 3 of the CUBE and will hit up the bodybuilding day at a later time. I meant to film my weekly video today but my wife came home from her baby shower and it was like Christmas at my house for a few hours so I didn't get around to it. Should have that filmed this evening (Tuesday) :D! I've seen some noticeable changes that I'll hit on later.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 17: REST

I could have done squats or bodybuilding today but I had things that needed to be done around the house :)

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 18: HIIT CARDIO

Woke up earlier than usual and drank 2 scoops of Alphamine and hit up the gym at 5:40AM. I've never been in there that early before and I was surprised to see that there were quite a few people getting their fitness on when I arrived. I was only in there for a quick 20 minutes and I thought I'd lay my HIIT cycle out so you all can understand what I mean when I say "x number of sprint cycles."

STATIONARY BIKE HIIT
5 minute warm up pedaling at a low pace with a resistance of 1 (the bikes I use have a resistance setting ranging from 1-25, with 25 being just god awful painfully hard to pedal)
SPRINT CYCLE 1
5:00-5:10 - Pedal as fast as possible at resistance of 1
5:10-5:30 - Pedal as fast as possible at a resistance of 25
5:30-7:00 - Pedal at a low pace at a resistance of 1

From the 5 to 7 minute mark that constitutes one sprint cycle. After that I just continue the cycles until I am finished, doing a minimum of 5 and a maximum of 10 just depending on how I feel that day. Today I did 6 cycles so I completed cycle 6 at the 17 minute mark at which point I just casually pedaled at a resistance of 1 until my heartrate came below 120.

It may sound easy at first but if you do it right it can kick your ass and keep burning your calories well into the rest of your day!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 19: SQUAT - REPS

Took 2 TF with breakfast and hit the gym up around 6PM
PRE: 1 scoop Nitramine, 2 scoops NOXYGEN, 4 caps XFA

SQUAT
BAR x 5 (felt my left knee tweak but it was a non-issue)
135 x 5
225 x 4
265 x 3,3,3,3,3

WIDE STANCE GOOD MORNINGS
135x8,8,8

STEP UPS
BW+100 x 15,15,15 ea. leg (I prefer these to lunges)

OLYMPIC STANCE DEEP SQUAT CHALLENGE
135x50 (cannot return to rack until 50 reps have been completed)

So I went into the gym today with all intentions of having an amazing squat day. I'm not sure if its the new preworkout I'm taking (Nitramine) or what but I was just not with it at all today. The initial lift was good... all of the 265lbs squats felt fine (and surprisingly heavy). When I was doing my wide stance GMs I had a trainer come over and tell me my form was wrong and that I was going to hurt my back. I obliged him and performed the reps as he instructed... however this completely took the tensions away from my lower back and placed it all onto my hamstrings. After he walked away I performed my final set the way I had started but by this time my hamstrings were toast and I could literally feel the muscles micro-tearing as I performed each rep. Not sure if that was form, preworkout, dehydration or a combination of things but it did not feel pleasant and I immediately had concerns about the Oly squat challenge :(! Step ups went fine (I prefer them over lunges because my tall has gets knee problems if I do too many lunges w/ too much weight). The rule for the Oly challenge is to not return to the rack until 50 reps are completely. I got to 25 before I had to give up. My heartrate was sky high and I was sweating profusely. I finished all 50 reps but not how I was supposed to and as light as 135 is its a mother for 50 reps.

New Test Factor is treating me well and I'll touch on that in the video I'm filming tonight for bodybuilding/things that need work day.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Solid workouts, really looking forward to that video.

Glad to hear the Test Factor is treating you well!

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good updates DJ! 5:30am gym crew checking in.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
5:30 am workouts? thats when my work starts lol, I barely have energy to workout at that time

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
5:30 am workouts? thats when my work starts lol, I barely have energy to workout at that time
I was so groggy rolling into the gym at that time I was certain I'd fall asleep on the bike but surprisingly I was more awake throughout the day because of it and when I got off work I didn't have the looming gym trip to worry about.

braskibra

braskibra

Awards
DAY 19: SQUAT - REPS

Took 2 TF with breakfast and hit the gym up around 6PM
PRE: 1 scoop Nitramine, 2 scoops NOXYGEN, 4 caps XFA

SQUAT
BAR x 5 (felt my left knee tweak but it was a non-issue)
135 x 5
225 x 4
265 x 3,3,3,3,3

WIDE STANCE GOOD MORNINGS
135x8,8,8

STEP UPS
BW+100 x 15,15,15 ea. leg (I prefer these to lunges)

OLYMPIC STANCE DEEP SQUAT CHALLENGE
135x50 (cannot return to rack until 50 reps have been completed)

So I went into the gym today with all intentions of having an amazing squat day. I'm not sure if its the new preworkout I'm taking (Nitramine) or what but I was just not with it at all today. The initial lift was good... all of the 265lbs squats felt fine (and surprisingly heavy). When I was doing my wide stance GMs I had a trainer come over and tell me my form was wrong and that I was going to hurt my back. I obliged him and performed the reps as he instructed... however this completely took the tensions away from my lower back and placed it all onto my hamstrings. After he walked away I performed my final set the way I had started but by this time my hamstrings were toast and I could literally feel the muscles micro-tearing as I performed each rep. Not sure if that was form, preworkout, dehydration or a combination of things but it did not feel pleasant and I immediately had concerns about the Oly squat challenge :(! Step ups went fine (I prefer them over lunges because my tall has gets knee problems if I do too many lunges w/ too much weight). The rule for the Oly challenge is to not return to the rack until 50 reps are completely. I got to 25 before I had to give up. My heartrate was sky high and I was sweating profusely. I finished all 50 reps but not how I was supposed to and as light as 135 is its a mother for 50 reps.

New Test Factor is treating me well and I'll touch on that in the video I'm filming tonight for bodybuilding/things that need work day.

Dam 50 reps!!!! thats tough even if its the bar

Anytime u make a variation to a movement the muscles involved are not going to be used to firing in that sequence, im sure if he corrected you to maintain more of an upright chest then your body weight will have displaced backwards causing more eccentric force on your hamstrings at the bottom of the squat. Fried hammys are always a result of this!

good work

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 20: WHATEVER NEEDS WORK DAY

PRE: 1 scoop Nitramine, 0.5 scoop ENDURATE, 4 caps XFA

STANDING CALF RAISES
225 x 15,15,15,15

BARBELL OVERHEAD PRESS
BAR x 5
95 x 5
115 x 10,10,5+5@95

PEC DECK
175 x 10,10,10,10 (4XMM)

DUMBBELL ROW
70 x 10 (ea arm)
80 x 10 (ea arm)
90 x 10 (ea arm)
100 x 8 (ea arm)

SKULLCRUSHERS
70 x 10,10,10,10 (4XMM)

INCLINE DUMBBELL CURL
25 x 15,12,10,8

STRAIGHT BAR REVERSE CURL
45 x 10,10,10

5 cycles, 85 calories in 10 minutes

My freakin' biceps blew up like balloons during the incline DBs and the pec deck shredded my pectorals so bad I almost didn't make it through the last set. I was slowly going through the motions and making sure that the weight was hard to work with staying contracted as hard as possible through the entire range of motion. I will stop posting when I take Test Factor as you all should be able to figure this out by now :D 2 with breakfast and 2 with dinner. Sometimes slightly before if I can remember. The video has been shot and formatted. I'll have it uploaded and prepped for tomorrow morning. Stay tuned as we get to learn about our good friend sarcosine!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dam 50 reps!!!! thats tough even if its the bar

Anytime u make a variation to a movement the muscles involved are not going to be used to firing in that sequence, im sure if he corrected you to maintain more of an upright chest then your body weight will have displaced backwards causing more eccentric force on your hamstrings at the bottom of the squat. Fried hammys are always a result of this!

good work
Thank you sir! I love doing good mornings because I'm very limited with what exercises I can do that target my lower back. Besides GMs here at my gym back raises are my only option... however at my height I can't hold onto too much extra weight because the back raise machine doesn't quite sit high enough up for me to secure my hips and it puts extra tension on the back of my knees. Before this new gym I work out in opened the old one had a great glute-ham setup and I was able to rep out my bodyweight with 45-75lbs in my arms but now I can barely manage 10lbs lol :( I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to walk today but so far I feel fine... another shining quality of Test Factor :D!

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
I imagine not a lot of equipment cater to giants like yourself lol

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
WEEKLY UPDATE #1
SARCOSINE & YOUR GONADS!

[video=youtube;IldUxRfkFcc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IldUxRfkFcc[/video]