8 Week Summer Shred

blondmuscle

blondmuscle

Banned
Awards
Hey guys, so I'm new to the forums, been on here about a month or so. I've posted a few times, but mostly to learn about certain supps and how they stack well together. By the way, this place is pretty awesome. Way better than the other forums out there. So anyway, after analyzing my current situation, I realize I need to cut up big time. For starters, I'm sitting at 5'11, around 213 lbs, but I'm around 16% fat. Basically, for the past couple of years, I've been living a pretty crappy lifestyle, drinking way into the night and eating whatever I want. So instead of messing around with bulking and getting fatter, I've chosen to cut for 8 weeks and evaluate from there. Most likely, I'll continue the cut after the 8 weeks. But I'll worry about that later. For now, the focus is to drop some fat and improve my overall health and fitness via diet and consistent training. I'm cutting out the ice cream, the candy, the late nights meals at Waffle House and replacing that with more lean meats, fruits, veggies and nuts. And as to the party lifestyle, well, I'm 82 days sober today, so I think that issue is working itself out nicely too. So I've detailed below my supplementation, nutrition and training for the next 8 weeks. Supplementation Weeks 1-4 PES Alphamine (2 scoops upon waking, 1 scoop 6 hours later) Lecheeck Nutrition AD-3 PCT (2 caps before bed) iForce Hemavol (2 scoops preworkout) iForce Potassium Nitrate (4 caps preworkout) iForce Compete (2 scoops intraworkout Whey (postworkout) Multi (First Meal of the day) Weeks 5-8 PES Alphamine (2 scoops upon waking, 1 scoop 6 hours later) PES Alpha T-2 (1 cap upon waking, 2 caps 6 hours later) Lecheeck Nutrition AD-3 PCT (2 caps before bed) iForce Hemavol (2 scoops preworkout) iForce Potassium Nitrate (4 caps preworkout) iForce Compete (2 scoops intraworkout Whey (postworkout) Multi (breakfast) Nutrition As to nutrition, I'm starting at 2500 for the first two weeks and will plan on dropping 100 calories every two weeks. So for the first week, I'll aim for 219 g for protein, 219 g carbs and 89 g fat. I'll also be adhering to Intermittent Fasting (IF) for the 8 week cut. It'll be interesting to see how the Alphamine, Alpha T-2 and IF work together on my bodyfat levels. Meal 1 and 2 will be roughly: 625 calories 54.75 grams of carbs 54.75 grams of protein 22.25 grams of fat Meal 3 will be roughly: 1,250 calories 109.5 grams of carbs 109.5 grams of protein 44.5 grams of fat Training As for training, I'll hit the weights four times a week, and cardio three times a week. So my split will be as follows: Monday - Chest, & Bis Tuesday - Legs Wednesday - Cardio (Walk or Hike) Thursday - Shoulders Friday - Back & Tris Saturday - Cardio (HIIT) Sunday - Cardio (Walk or Hike) Granted, life happens, and I know and plan that work and family commitments will get in the way of things, but I plan on following the plan as much as possible. If for some reason I can't make a workout, I'll try and improvise and at least go for a walk or do a bodyweight exercise routine. I plan on making daily posts, but Saturday will be dedicated toward progress pics. Which brings me to the pics I've attached here. These pics were taken last night after dinner, kinda my "last meal" of sorts. As you can see, I'm looking kind of puffy and heavy. There is some muscle under there, but I haven't seen it in a long time so I'm really looking forward to this cut. This Saturday, I'll post more pics of my back and legs, but for now this'll have to do. Thanks!

Attachments

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good luck with your summer shred. I just started a 12 week shred myself. Looking to get to 10% bf
if all goes well. Sitting at 16% right now.

I will be following along to see how your goes. My log is in my signature :)

blondmuscle

blondmuscle

Banned
Awards
Workout - Thursday June 27

Chest / Tri

Flat Barbell Bench
225 x 12
245 x 8
245 x 4

Incline Barbell Bench
185 x 8
205 x 4
185 x 6

Decline Barbell Bench
225 x 8
225 x 8
225 x 8

Dips (bodyweight)
13 reps
8 reps
10 reps

Flyes Machine
80 x 15
95 x 12
110 x 8

Tricep Cable Pushdowns
100 x 15
110 x 12
120 x 8
120 x 8

NUTRITION: First day of IF was pretty cool actually. I wasn't too hungry throughout the morning, just drank lots of water. I hit all three meals about the right time 12pm, 4pm, 8pm), my only problem yesterday was I projected I was about 255 calories shy of my 2500 goal. I'll just have to watch that a little closer today.

SUPPS: I drank 2 scoops of Hemavol and took 4 Potassium Nitrates pre workout. By that third set of bench, I felt so pumped it was ridiculous! I focused on solid, clean reps and really tried to contract the muscles. I also drank two scoops of Compete intra workout, felt like that helped with my endurance as well.

TRAINING: I didn't get as much volume in as I wanted, but I'll be adding my sets and reps slowly but surely.

WEIGHT: Weighed 212.8 in the morning after I got up and peed.

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Workout looks solid bro. Like you said, just need some more volume.

How you liking Hemavol..? Ive been wanting to try it for a while now..

blondmuscle

blondmuscle

Banned
Awards
Workout looks solid bro. Like you said, just need some more volume. How you liking Hemavol..? Ive been wanting to try it for a while now..
Thanks man. I'll be adding in the volume slowly. I'm a little sore today so I think I made the right decision to start of slow and steady. And focusing on that contraction vs just throwing the weight up really made a difference too.

Hemavol is a solid product and this is my second experience with it. I get a get a good pump from it, good endurance too. But stacking it with Potassium Nitrate was unreal. I had a stupid pump last night, looked like a brick ****house. I think the key was having some good carbs preworkout too. But I'll keep you posted as I get more workouts under my belt. Bottom line, Hemavol is worth every penny IMO.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In on this. Good luck in this journey man. :)

blondmuscle

blondmuscle

Banned
Awards
Well, I had a major hiccup last week that stalled any and all progress in the gym and with this log. I got into a pretty bad wreck last week that put me put of commission for a few days. Basically, I've been dealing with some whiplash, so today is going to be my first day back in the gym and on my diet. Life is a real mutha ****a sometimes.

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, I had a major hiccup last week that stalled any and all progress in the gym and with this log. I got into a pretty bad wreck last week that put me put of commission for a few days. Basically, I've been dealing with some whiplash, so today is going to be my first day back in the gym and on my diet. Life is a real mutha ****a sometimes.
That sucks bro... Was wondering what happened to you. Didn't see any updates,...

Hope it goes well :)

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Man that sucks. Hope everything is alright and you get back into the swing of things again soon. :)

blondmuscle

blondmuscle

Banned
Awards
That sucks bro... Was wondering what happened to you. Didn't see any updates,...

Hope it goes well :)
Thanks man. Yeah, I really started off with a bang! (pun intended). Looks like you're log is rocking tho!

blondmuscle

blondmuscle

Banned
Awards
Man that sucks. Hope everything is alright and you get back into the swing of things again soon. :)
Thanks broseph. Feeling much better today so I'm going to go in and do some light work today, get the blood flowing and see where I stand.

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks man. Yeah, I really started off with a bang! (pun intended). Looks like you're log is rocking tho!
Setbacks suck. Come back with a vengeance :)

So. Far so good. Made progress 1st two weeks. Hopefully I'll keep the momentum going.

blondmuscle

blondmuscle

Banned
Awards
Setbacks suck. Come back with a vengeance :) So. Far so good. Made progress 1st two weeks. Hopefully I'll keep the momentum going.
I'm sure you will man. I'll keep following.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
glad your ok man .. back to the grind. you havnt lost anything.

blondmuscle

blondmuscle

Banned
Awards
glad your ok man .. back to the grind. you havnt lost anything.
Thanks man! Yeah, I'm super motivated now. What's funny is I kept taking my supps and look leaner already! Progress pics coming Saturday.

blondmuscle

blondmuscle

Banned
Awards
What's up guys? Happy Fourth to everybody! And to all you Vets, thanks for everything you've done and continue to do for our freedom!

So I'm back at it, neck feels much better! I got two workouts in since the wreck: hit chest on Wednesday and Back on Thursday

Wednesday
4 sets barbell bench press @225 (rest, pause reps)

4 sets hammer bench press @180, 180, 230, 230

4 sets dips

4 sets nautilus pec fly @ 115,120

Thursday
4 sets lat pulldowns @165

4 sets close grip pulldowns @135

4 sets barbell row @ 135,155,155,155

4 sets hammer high row @230

4 sets low cable row @165

4 sets deadlift @ 225

4 sets dumbbell shrugs @80

Feeling good, glad to get some blood flowing! I'll hit shoulders and arms today, legs on Saturday, then rest on Sunday so I can hit the gym hard on Monday.

Some good news, I'm starting to feel and look leaner. Maybe it's just that I don't feel as bloated, but I woke up and can kind of see my abs if I flex in the mirror. I weighed 210.8 this morning, that's down from 211.5/213 when I started. I've attached some pics below, I'm going to try and post every week so I can hopefully see some progress. Please point out weak points, give me suggestions since I'm kinda new to this.

Thanks!

Attachments

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What's up guys? Happy Fourth to everybody! And to all you Vets, thanks for everything you've done and continue to do for our freedom!

So I'm back at it, neck feels much better! I got two workouts in since the wreck: hit chest on Wednesday and Back on Thursday

Wednesday
4 sets barbell bench press @225 (rest, pause reps)

4 sets hammer bench press @180, 180, 230, 230

4 sets dips

4 sets nautilus pec fly @ 115,120

Thursday
4 sets lat pulldowns @165

4 sets close grip pulldowns @135

4 sets barbell row @ 135,155,155,155

4 sets hammer high row @230

4 sets low cable row @165

4 sets deadlift @ 225

4 sets dumbbell shrugs @80

Feeling good, glad to get some blood flowing! I'll hit shoulders and arms today, legs on Saturday, then rest on Sunday so I can hit the gym hard on Monday.

Some good news, I'm starting to feel and look leaner. Maybe it's just that I don't feel as bloated, but I woke up and can kind of see my abs if I flex in the mirror. I weighed 210.8 this morning, that's down from 211.5/213 when I started. I've attached some pics below, I'm going to try and post every week so I can hopefully see some progress. Please point out weak points, give me suggestions since I'm kinda new to this.

Thanks!
Good Job on the progress despite the setbacks. Glad to see your back on track. Keep it up my man..!

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Can definitely see some leaning up going on :)

blondmuscle

blondmuscle

Banned
Awards
What's up guys, sorry I've been MIA. The neck has been a continuous source of pain after the wreck! I ended up giving most of the supps above to a friend since he was going through some hard times and financially and I was out of the game for a few weeks. He been using the supps, loving the results, so I'm trying to encourage him to post a log here. We will see. Thanks for the support tho guys.

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What's up guys, sorry I've been MIA. The neck has been a continuous source of pain after the wreck! I ended up giving most of the supps above to a friend since he was going through some hard times and financially and I was out of the game for a few weeks. He been using the supps, loving the results, so I'm trying to encourage him to post a log here. We will see. Thanks for the support tho guys.
Get some red tams come back stronger..!...

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sorry to hear that...but you are awesome to let a buddy use your stuff in hard times. Hope you can get back into the swing of things soon. :)