Time to GROW with Analyzed AmentoMax and CistaMax!

jwsnowman

jwsnowman

Awards
I want to give a shout out to BPjohn123 for hooking me up with the chance to run a log for Analyzed’s new AmentoMax and CistaMax! This is my first log on here so here goes nothing!

AmentoMax (write up taken from Analyzed)

The "Multidimensional Molecule!"

The featured ingredient in NEW AmentoMax, Amentoflavone, is what our R&D team refers to as a “Multidimensional Molecule.”

You’ve seen these before in the industry...usually the most popular of ingredients. There’s creatine, which doesn’t just increase strength, but it also boosts muscle volume, improves mental function, and a whole host of other benefits. There’s agmatine, which acts as a vasodilator, mood enhancer, fat loss agent, muscle builder, and much more.

And now there’s Amentoflavone, with which preliminary data suggests a multitude of uses for bodybuilders, athletes, and dieters.

Let’s start with strength. The final trigger in muscle contraction is an increase in calcium in the muscle cell. The calcium binds to key muscle proteins that result in contraction, and it has been shown that the more calcium released into the muscle cell, the stronger the contraction. Amentoflavone possesses the highly unique ability to increase calcium release in vitro1. In fact, only one other common compound shares this mechanism: caffeine. Unlike caffeine though, Amentoflavone is 20 times stronger at increasing muscle calcium than caffeine in vitro1. Quite impressive…
In addition, Amentoflavone is a PDE inhibitor, which is a well-known mechanism of vasodilation2-7.Amentoflavone’s ability to inhibit PDE comes in handy not just for those looking for the performance and pump benefits of PDE inhibition, but this mechanism is also associated with improved lipolysis.

Amentoflavone also inhibits Fatty Acid Synthase in vitro8-10, therefore acting on the opposite side of the coin by preventing the body from forming new fatty acids.Finally, when looking at Amentoflavone’s possible impact on mood, it should be noted that it is a negative modulator of the GABA-A receptor, which may improve alertness and wakefulness. Interestingly enough, out of all the constituents of the well-known OTC supplement St. John’s Wort, Amentoflavone was the most powerful 11-19.It should be rather clear that the title “Multidimensional Molecule” holds true for Amentoflavone, which provides benefits in all aspects of life with bodybuilding at the center.Finally after much demand, this expensive and rare compound is available by Analyzed Supplements and offered to you as AmentoMax™.

But I’m sure you have all already studied up on this ingredient by now and know that it holds great potential with any goal in mind, whether it be fat loss or strength gain.

Cistamax (write up taken from Analyzed)
Improve Performance, Enhance Muscular Growth & Recovery!

NEW CistaMax™ by Analyzed Supplements offers Cistanche Deserticola via an extraction process that confers the bioactive ingredients to the user, amplifying the effects mentioned above.

Cistanche Deserticola, is rapidly gaining attention throughout the world for its potential ability to improve performance, enhance muscular growth and recovery, and positively modulate various hormones. This plant, a valuable component of traditional Chinese medicine, possesses several unique compounds called “Phenylethanoids” that have been used for centuries for improving the body’s systems.

Where exercise performance is concerned, Cistanche Deserticola extract has been shown in the murine model to increase time to exhaustion (increased endurance), reduce CK, LDH, and lactic acid levels (improved recovery and reduced soreness), and improve energy storage (increased strength production)1,2. On a microscopic level, the muscle cell stores more glycogen after exercise, meaning a quicker time to recovery and preserved strength for the next exercise session2. The muscle cells also showed growth, in both size and number, of mitochondria2. Mitochondria are the fuel generators of the cell, using up substrates like fat to produce energy. The net result is more efficient energy consumption, which may lead to improved fat loss and strength output simultaneously. It goes without saying that the possibility of improved muscle resilience, size, strength, recovery, and endurance would be beneficial to any serious bodybuilder or athlete.In terms of hormonal modulation, Cistanche Deserticola is an exceptionally powerful androgen found in nature. In a study done in male mice, C. Deserticola acted as an exogenous form of testosterone, mimicking testosterone’s effects in the body and even improving fertility3.

Finally, a brand new 2014 study looked into C. Deserticola’s effect on mammalian lifespan, and it was found that C. Deserticola was a potent life-extending plant, acting by reversing the gradual decline in immune function that accompanies aging4. It also acts as an anti-aging compound through various other mechanisms, as quoted by the authors of another study: “Cistanche deserticola can enhance the ability of learning, memorizing, anti-oxidation, and improve immune function5.”By improving the efficiency with which the body restores itself, C. Deserticola may improve long-term fatigue and physical damage associated with overtraining. Couple this with its unique abilities as a phytoandrogen and muscle performance enhancer and you have an athlete’s dream where natural products are concerned.

Not only does this unbelievable ingredient have fantastic training benefits, but it also has the potential to be a great all-around health supplement with anti-aging properties!

I wanted to be full disclosure with regards to other supplements I am taking as well:
Analyzed Forskolin95 - this basically stays in my stack year round…potentially my favorite supplement
Analyzed Agmatine - for GDA properties when taken with high carb meals
Analyzed Leucine1000 – MPS activation
PES Anabeta Elite (weeks 1-8) – My go to for gaining programs
Analyzed Glycerol Monostearate - Pump/Hydration
PES Erase Pro (weeks 4-12) – My go to for leaning out while keeping lean mass on
PES AminoIV – my favorite amino product and a staple year round for me
Creatine Monohydrate – staple supp
AOR Orthocore – staple multi
Various pre-workouts – I like trying new pre workouts all the time. Sometimes it could be stim free or just a black coffee, other times it could be a higher stim option. I know what different pre workouts do for me before lifting so I feel confident I can differentiate between the effects of my pre workout and the energy the AmentoMax should give me.

Training and Nutrition

I am starting Brad Schoenfield’s Max Muscle Program after being on a High Intensity Resistance (HIRT) training program for the past year. It’s time to add some lean mass over the next 24 weeks and I feel that this program is exactly what I need to get back to serious gains.

Weeks 1-4, I lift 3 days per week with each week lowering my rep range and pushing heavier and increasing the intensity. Every workout is the very same compound lifting schedule…military press, bench press, bent over rows, dead lifts, and squats…the usual mass and strength lifts. Weeks 5-8 are the same idea except I lift 4 days a week in an upper/lower/upper/lower pattern and I add in a couple isolation moves here and there. Weeks 9-12 are a metabolic phase, which will draw on my HIRT program from the past year. The final 12 weeks are hypertrophy based with an overreaching cycle used for the final 2 weeks.

Cardio will be done on non-lifting days for the most part and will be using 15-20 minutes of HIIT for my cardio sessions. HIIT works best for me keeping lean mass while dieting so I figure it should help just as well for maximizing lean mass while staying lean throughout this gaining program.

As for nutrition…I am starting out around 3000 calories/day with a 25p/50c/25f – 30p/40c/30f macro scheme. I will gauge the effects of my macros over the first couple weeks and adjust if necessary.

Dosing Schedule (this log is for Amento and Cista but I will include my dosing schedule of other supps as well)
AmentoMax - I am planning on dosing AmentoMax at 2 caps/day, every day. I’ve seen recommendations that for fat loss properties, it is best taken every day and for strength gains, only on lifting days. I am planning on taking it every day to help minimize fat gain while lifting heavy and gaining strength.CistaMax - I am planning on taking my CistaMax at 4 caps/day, every day as well. CistaMax will be taken with breakfast every day.

Leucine1000
– take around 2-3g with meals that are lower in protein/leucine to help with MPS

Anabeta Elite
– 2 caps with pre workout meal and 2 caps with post workout meal on lifting days. On non-lifting days, 2 caps with my 2 largest meals. Taken from weeks 1-8

Erase Pro
– 1 cap/day with breakfast. Taken weeks 4-12

Forskolin95
– 3 caps/day. 1 upon waking, 1 pre workout, 1 before bed

GMS - 3-6g taken with pre workout.

Agmatine
– most of the pre-workouts I take have agmatine in them so I’ll be using these for GDA purposes for the most part. Probably with a look like this: 1 cap upon waking, 1 cap pre-high carb meal, 1 cap before bed.

AminoIV
– Intraworkout

My stats:
Age – 26
Height – 5’ 11”
Weight – 185lbs
Last weigh in was a week ago and I’ll be stuck in a work camp for a week so this may fluctuate a little with camp food being what it is. Weight may increase or decrease somewhat significantly in a week due to “camp life” but it should come back to what it should be within a few days. Luckily I have a great gym to train at while I’m here.

Lifting experience: ~6 years (~4 years seriously)

I am planning on updating my log on my off days. I’m a crazy busy guy (like most of us are) and I travel a ton for work…but I rarely miss my training. So on off days when I’m not in the gym, I’ll have a bit of extra time to update the log.

I’m really looking forward to these next few weeks to see what these two ingredients can do to help me maximize my training and nutrition! Stay tuned!

jwsnowman

jwsnowman

Awards
AmentoMax References:

• http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10374719 - Properties of amentoflavone, a potent caffei... Eur J Pharmacol. 1999 - PubMed - NCBI
  • http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9834158 - Inhibition of cAMP-phosphodiesterase by biflavone... J Nat Prod. 1998 - PubMed - NCBI
  • http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17893835 - Biflavones of Decussocarpus rospigliosii as phosp... Planta Med. 2007 - PubMed - NCBI
  • http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16557462 - Inhibition of cGMP-phosphodiesterase-5 by biflavo... Planta Med. 2006 - PubMed - NCBI
  • http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17244407 - Antimalarial and vasorelaxant constit... Ann Trop Med Parasitol. 2007 - PubMed - NCBI
  • http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15326548 - Vasorelaxation by amentoflavone isolated from Sel... Planta Med. 2004 - PubMed - NCBI
  • http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3002388 - Inhibition of human platelet cyclic AMP ph... Biochem Pharmacol. 1986 - PubMed - NCBI
  • http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19652385 - Fatty acid synthase inhibition by amentoflav... Biol Pharm Bull. 2009 - PubMed - NCBI
  • http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22767439 - Fatty acid synthase inhibition by amentoflavon... Phytother Res. 2013 - PubMed - NCBI
  • http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22075919 - Inhibition of fatty acid synthase by amentoflavon... Arch Virol. 2012 - PubMed - NCBI
  • http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16129428 - Determinants of amentoflavone interaction at... Eur J Pharmacol. 2005 - PubMed - NCBI
  • http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9204773 - Inhibition of benzodiazepine binding in vitr... Pharm Acta Helv. 1997 - PubMed - NCBI
  • http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16168585 - Biflavones from Rhus species with affinity ... J Ethnopharmacol. 2006 - PubMed - NCBI
  • http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12824018 - Semisynthetic preparation of amentoflav... Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2003 - PubMed - NCBI
  • http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12357391 - Transport of amentoflavone across the blood-brain... Planta Med. 2002 - PubMed - NCBI
  • http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22944105 - Antidepressant and anxiolytic effect... Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2012 - PubMed - NCBI
  • http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18775771 - Review on plants with CNS-effects used in t... J Ethnopharmacol. 2008 - PubMed - NCBI
  • http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17051457 - Effects of St. John's wort extract and single con... Planta Med. 2006 - PubMed – NCBI
  • http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7345444 - Isolation of amentoflavone from Selaginella rupes... Planta Med. 1981 - PubMed – NCBI
CistaMax References:

• Cai, R. L., et al. "Antifatigue Activity of Phenylethanoid-rich Extract from Cistanche Deserticola." Phytother Res 24.2 (2010): n. pag. Web.
  • Han, L. C., and J. F. Hou. "Effects of Cistanche Deserticola Y.C. Ma on Serum Creatine Kinase and Ultrastructures of Skeletal Muscles in Mice." Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 18.12 (1993): 743-45. Web.
  • Gu, Li, Wen-Ting Xiong, Chao Wang, Hong-Xia Sun, Guo-Fu Li, and Xin Liu. "Cistanche Deserticola Decoction Alleviates the Testicular Toxicity Induced by Hydroxyurea in Male Mice." Asian Journal of Andrology 15.6 (2013): 838-40. Web.
  • Zhang, Ke, Xu Ma, Wenjun He, Haixia Li, Shuyan Han, Yong Jiang, Hounan Wu, Li Han, Tomohiro Ohno, Nobuo Uotsu, Kohji Yamaguchi, Zhizhong Ma, and Pengfei Tu. "Extracts of Cistanche Deserticola Can Antagonize Immunosenescence and Extend Life Span in Senescence-Accelerated Mouse Prone 8 (SAM-P8) Mice." Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine 2014 (2014): 1-14. Print.
  • Xuan, G. D., and C. Q. Liu. "Research on the Effect of Phenylethanoid Glycosides (PEG) of the Cistanche Deserticola on Anti-aging in Aged Mice Induced by D-galactose." Zhong Yao Cai 31.9 (2008): 1385-388. Web.

jwsnowman

jwsnowman

Awards
Also just wanted to note that all supps besides the Amento and Cista, are my own. Yes it's all PES/Analyzed but what can I say...nothing else comes close to the effectiveness of their products!

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
Great intro! Good luck bud. I'm in for this!

jwsnowman

jwsnowman

Awards
Great intro! Good luck bud. I'm in for this!
Should be a fun few weeks man! I'll be posting my initial thoughts from my first couple workouts tomorrow. For now let's just say that AmentoMax is already becoming a favourite of mine!

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Wow! Excited to see how this goes!

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
Should be a fun few weeks man! I'll be posting my initial thoughts from my first couple workouts tomorrow. For now let's just say that AmentoMax is already becoming a favourite of mine!
I've been addicted since we released it!

stinkywinky

Awards
Can't wait to hear your feedback man :) just wanted to ask if you recommend any bulking supps from your own experience? Cheers

jwsnowman

jwsnowman

Awards
Alright then...let's get down to my first week of training with AmentoMax and CistaMax!

Now, before we get to the lifts, as I mentioned before, I have been doing HIRT training for the past year and although I have built up a few pounds of lean mass over that time, I haven't tried any sort of heavy lifting in that time frame and was strict with keeping to 30 second rest periods. Obviously this wasn't the optimal environment to keep my numbers up, so it might take me a couple weeks to get back to decent numbers on these lifts...don't flame me yet haha. Also, my squats have never been that great of a lift for me because of a stubborn problem with my knees that I've had. It seems to have finally gone away and I'm looking forward to bringing my squat numbers up!

Also...the first few workouts won't have much detail regarding the effects of the CistaMax as it's effects probably won't become noticeable until a couple weeks in.

Week 1 - 3 sets @ 4-5 reps, RPE = 8

Day 1 - Sunday

Shoulder Press* - 5x140, 5x140, 5x140
Barbell Bent Over Row (overhand) - 5x200, 5x200, 5x200
Bench Press - 5x225, 5x225, 5x225
Deadlift - 5x295, 5x295, 5x295
Squats - 5x195, 5x195, 5x195

Notes:

*Smith Machine used instead of barbell. I didn't have a spotter available and with it being the first time I've been attempting to lift heavier than the past year, I figured it would be a safer idea to opt for the Smith.

Nutrition: not great...last day before leaving for a week on the road so I didn't have my usual amount of food in the house, plus I was scrambling around the rest of the day getting things done before I left.

Supplementation: taken as laid out in the OP.

Energy: Energy levels were excellent! First time I've used Amentoflavone and all I can say is wow! I've never had anything kick in that quickly with noticeable effects like this , besides super high-stim pre workouts (which I did not use for this workout). The difference being with high stims and amento is that there was zero crash, just super smooth energy that did not fade at all.

Mood: Probably the most noticeable effect. My mood was instantly different...I felt like I was on top of the world. I was pretty excited to start a new program as it was but it had been a long weekend up to that point and was feeling a little tired. I popped two AmentoMax, and literally within minutes I was ready to lift...excited to get under the bar, excited to push hard. It was great.

Focus: I don't usually need a focus based product to get me in the zone in the gym. My focus comes from a good energy pick me up and making sure I'm in a good mood...the fact that these two factors were maxed out, my focus was zeroed in.

Pump: I had Agmatine and GMS as a pre workout so I can't say for sure whether the pump I experienced had anything to do with the Amento or not but I was super full and vascular...especially for 4-5 rep lifts. Usually, to maximize my pumps, I've always personally found that 8+ reps works best to get me "all swoled up" but this combo had me pumped up like mad.

Strength: As I mentioned before, my strength was pretty much where I figured. The previous year has taken a bit of a toll on my numbers...but let's continue on to the next couple of workouts this week, shall we?

Day 2 - Tuesday

Shoulder Press* - 5x160, 5x160, 5x160
Barbell Bent Over Row (overhand) - 5x205, 5x205, 5x205
Bench Press - 5x230, 5x230, 5x230
Deadlift - 5x305, 5x305, 5x305
Squats - 5x185, 5x195, 5x195

Notes:

*Smith Machine used instead of barbell. I didn't have a spotter available and with it being the first time I've been attempting to lift heavier than the past year, I figured it would be a safer idea to opt for the Smith.

Nutrition: camp food and working in a mine/processing plant all day with no breaks...do I need to say more?

Energy: Crappy nutrition + long day working = not much energy right? Wrong! AmentoMax to the rescue! Two caps and once again, within minutes...Where's the iron?!?!?!

Mood: Usually after a day like this I'd be hangry as hell...yeah...not this time. This stuff is already becoming a new favorite supplement of mine!

Focus: See above...seriously...awesome

Pump: Once again, I had Agmatine and GMS as a pre workout so I can't say for sure whether the pump I experienced had anything to do with the Amento or not but I was once again super full looking.

Strength: Ok all lifts are up in two days. Muscle memory, maybe...AmentoMax, maybe. 20lb jump in my shoulder press though is pretty significant...probably could've gone up another 5 or 10 lbs too.

Day 3 - Thursday

Shoulder Press* - 4x170, 5x160, 5x160
Barbell Bent Over Row (overhand) - 5x235, 5x235, 5x235
Bench Press* - 5x200, 5x200, 5x200
Deadlift** - 5x345, 5x345, 5x345
Squats - 5x205, 5x205, 5x205

Notes:

*Smith Machine used instead of barbell for both Shoulder Press and Bench Press. I didn't have a spotter available and with it being the first time I've been attempting to lift heavier than the past year, I figured it would be a safer idea to opt for the Smith. The mechanics of the smith machine aren't exactly optimal for a heavy bench so I'm taking the drop in weight in this workout with a grain of salt.
**used a trap bar instead of a straight bar. This could account for the significant jump of 40 pounds.

Nutrition: still on the road up in Northern Labrador...good food isn't exactly easy to come by. Trying to make due with what I have.

Energy: For the hell of it I popped only 1 AmentoMax before this workout...along with a scoop of Komodo Katana which contains 40mg of amentoflavone...so 60mg in total. 230mg caffeine + 60mg amentoflavone = hold on boys & girls!

Mood: Again, usually after a day like this I'd be hangry as hell but as soon as I took my dose of amento, I was ready to hug the world lol. This stuff is happiness in a capsule for me!

Focus: I don't think I need to comment...

Pump: My pre workout stack today had me pumped up to the point of people staring at me in the gym...yeah...I can get used to this

Strength: Lifts are continuing to increase in less than a week, besides the bench press which I think is due to me having to use a smith machine today. This will be confirmed with my next workout.

Week Summary

I'm going to be blunt and to the point on this...I'm impressed. That's really all I need to say and really all that I know what to say about this week of training. As you can see, I use the same lifts all week as a part of this program. I was really interested to see what my recovery would be like. I don't want to say anything definitive too quickly because as I mentioned before, this is the first time in a year that I've done a 5 rep style of lifting so "beginner's gains" could lead me to quick lift increases like this and great recovery, however, this isn't my first time using a 5 rep strength routine and my lifts didn't increase this quickly nor was my recovery this good before.

My next lifting workout should be Sunday where I'll be dropping to 2-3 rep sets so stay tuned!

jwsnowman

jwsnowman

Awards
Can't wait to hear your feedback man :) just wanted to ask if you recommend any bulking supps from your own experience? Cheers
I highly recommend PES Anabeta Elite and Erase Pro. I've had more results from these than anything else designed to help with lean mass gains. Also, Analyzed Forskoin95 is a staple for me year round. And of course, creatine monohydrate...I don't really need to say anything about creatine lol.

First and foremost though...make sure you're eating enough of the right foods! Not too much though...I'm not a fan of the dirty bulking methods a lot of guys use. I like to stay fairly lean year round so I stay disciplined year round...but I can enjoy a little more freely when I'm in a gaining phase of training lol. I personally do believe in IIFYM as long as it's done properly...not whatever the hell you want as long as IIFYM. I use healthy IIFYM lol...and then for my cheat meal (yes I still just have one cheat meal per week when "bulking") I can hang loose!

stinkywinky

Awards
I've heard a lot of positive from Anabeta Elite and Erase Pro :) I've currently using Green Magnitude creatine by controlled labs so I have that covered haha. Thanks for the advice though, I have a fairly balanced bulking diet of meat, lots of veggies and fruit etc. Only occasional cheat meal is post workout or some carbs pre, but decent.

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
How was your trip bud

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm in for this. Great start so far. :)

jwsnowman

jwsnowman

Awards
How was your trip bud
Just got back! Man oh man have I been travelling for work!

Sorry about the delay in getting some new posts up on the log everyone, but I have been without stable internet for about a week...still killing it in the gym though!

I will be posting this weeks workouts on Saturday. All of my lifts are continuing to go up with each day in the gym, even throughout a hectic travel and work schedule and crappy food choices on the road! Loving this stack so far! I can't wait to see where CistaMax can lead me...I've seen a couple reviews where they say that it seems it takes 3-4 weeks for the effects to really kick in...kind of like ABE. Well all I know is, I'm constantly hungry! The next week or two should be very interesting once the Cista and ABE start to really kick in!

This weeks training log will be posted soon!

I should have much better internet access over the next couple of weeks...still will be travelling a lot but I won't be in the middle of nowhere!

jwsnowman

jwsnowman

Awards
Finally! I have a spare minute to update everyone on week 2 of training with my Analyzed stack of AmentoMax and CistaMax!

Week 2 - 3 sets @ 2-3 reps, RPE = 9

Day 4 - Sunday

Shoulder Press* - 3x160, 3x160, 3x160
Barbell Bent Over Row (overhand) - 3x255, 3x255, 3x255
Bench Press - 3x245, 3x245, 3x245
Deadlift - 3x345, 3x345, 3x355
Squats - 3x235, 3x235, 3x235

Notes:

*Smith Machine used instead of barbell. There was no shoulder press rack and the power racks were taken.

Nutrition: Pretty much spot on.

Supplementation: taken as usual

Energy: I don't know how more companies aren't using Amentoflavone in their products!

Mood: Such a happy lifter.

Focus: In the zone

Pump: Beginning to stay nice and full for quite sometime post workout

Strength: Starting to be pretty happy with my lifts for just starting to lift heavy sets again. The numbers are going up!

Day 5 - Thursday (supposed to be Tuesday but I had a business trip to Montreal from Monday-Wednesday and didn't have a chance to get to the gym.)

Shoulder Press* - 2x170, 3x170, 3x170
Barbell Bent Over Row (overhand) - 3x275, 3x265, 3x265
Bench Press - 3x245, 3x250, 3x250
Deadlift - 3x365, 3x365, 3x365
Squats - 3x240, 3x240, 3x240 **These squats were performed the next training day (Saturday) as I had to cut this workout short...places to be! I tacked on 3 extra sets to my squats the following training day.

Notes:

*Smith Machine used instead of barbell. The usual...my gym is way too busy.

Nutrition: 3 straight days of wining and dining clients and business partners....but once I got home back on point.

Energy: After 3 straight days out of the gym, I can usually be a little slow out of the gates with my first workout....not today!

Mood: I can't say enough about this.

Focus: See above...

Pump: Very filled out and vascular

Strength: Lifts going up every day...Am I getting more comfortable with the heavier weights again? Potentially but I gotta say that I've never added weight to all of my lifts this quick before.

Day 6 - Saturday

Shoulder Press* - 3x180, 3x175, 2x175
Barbell Bent Over Row (overhand) - 3x270, 3x270, 3x270
Bench Press* - 3x255, 3x255, 3x255
Deadlift - 2x375, 3x375, 3x365
Squats - 3x245, 2x245, 3x245 **the last training day's squats were done before these 3 sets.

Notes:

*Smith Machine used instead of barbell for shoulder press

Nutrition: nutrition is starting to fall in place....but I was starving all day it seemed. I think the Anabeta Elite is starting to kick in!

Energy: Well...1 amentomax + 1 scoop of Katana (60mg amentoflavone total) = excellent......2 amentomax + 1 scoop of Katana = hnnnnggggg!

Mood: Amazing as usual....except for the fact that I'm hungry going into my workout. Apparently, Anabeta Elite doesn't think my pre workout meal is nearly enough for me!

Focus: stayed focused even through my hunger (this is usually impossible for me)

Pump: low rep pumps? Definitely never experienced these before.

Strength: Still going strong!

Week Summary

I've been loving the past 2 weeks! My mood, strength, and all day fullness (muscular, not stomach...damn Anabeta!) are sky high. CistaMax should be kicking in very shortly! Next week, 1rm!!!

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Finally! I have a spare minute to update everyone on week 2 of training with my Analyzed stack of AmentoMax and CistaMax! Week 2 - 3 sets @ 2-3 reps, RPE = 9 Day 4 - Sunday Shoulder Press* - 3x160, 3x160, 3x160 Barbell Bent Over Row (overhand) - 3x255, 3x255, 3x255 Bench Press - 3x245, 3x245, 3x245 Deadlift - 3x345, 3x345, 3x355 Squats - 3x235, 3x235, 3x235 Notes: *Smith Machine used instead of barbell. There was no shoulder press rack and the power racks were taken. Nutrition: Pretty much spot on. Supplementation: taken as usual Energy: I don't know how more companies aren't using Amentoflavone in their products! Mood: Such a happy lifter. Focus: In the zone Pump: Beginning to stay nice and full for quite sometime post workout Strength: Starting to be pretty happy with my lifts for just starting to lift heavy sets again. The numbers are going up! Day 5 - Thursday (supposed to be Tuesday but I had a business trip to Montreal from Monday-Wednesday and didn't have a chance to get to the gym.) Shoulder Press* - 2x170, 3x170, 3x170 Barbell Bent Over Row (overhand) - 3x275, 3x265, 3x265 Bench Press - 3x245, 3x250, 3x250 Deadlift - 3x365, 3x365, 3x365 Squats - 3x240, 3x240, 3x240 **These squats were performed the next training day (Saturday) as I had to cut this workout short...places to be! I tacked on 3 extra sets to my squats the following training day. Notes: *Smith Machine used instead of barbell. The usual...my gym is way too busy. Nutrition: 3 straight days of wining and dining clients and business partners....but once I got home back on point. Supplementation: taken as laid out in the OP. Energy: After 3 straight days out of the gym, I can usually be a little slow out of the gates with my first workout....not today! Mood: I can't say enough about this. Focus: See above... Pump: Very filled out and vascular Strength: Lifts going up every day...Am I getting more comfortable with the heavier weights again? Potentially but I gotta say that I've never added weight to all of my lifts this quick before. Day 6 - Saturday Shoulder Press* - 3x180, 3x175, 2x175 Barbell Bent Over Row (overhand) - 3x270, 3x270, 3x270 Bench Press* - 3x255, 3x255, 3x255 Deadlift - 2x375, 3x375, 3x365 Squats - 3x245, 2x245, 3x245 **the last training day's squats were done before these 3 sets. Notes: *Smith Machine used instead of barbell for shoulder press Nutrition: nutrition is starting to fall in place....but I was starving all day it seemed. I think the Anabeta Elite is starting to kick in! Supplementation: taken as laid out in the OP. Energy: Well...1 amentomax + 1 scoop of Katana (60mg amentoflavone total) = excellent......2 amentomax + 1 scoop of Katana = hnnnnggggg! Mood: Amazing as usual....except for the fact that I'm hungry going into my workout. Apparently, Anabeta Elite doesn't think my pre workout meal is nearly enough for me! Focus: stayed focused even through my hunger (this is usually impossible for me) Pump: low rep pumps? Definitely never experienced these before. Strength: Still going strong! Week Summary I've been loving the past 2 weeks! My mood, strength, and all day fullness (muscular, not stomach...damn Anabeta!) are sky high. CistaMax should be kicking in very shortly! Next week, 1rm!!!
Great update bro. Lifts going up every day and all day fullness. Two incredibly good reactions to natty products. Im looking forward to the continued feedback. :)

jwsnowman

jwsnowman

Awards
Great update bro. Lifts going up every day and all day fullness. Two incredibly good reactions to natty products. Im looking forward to the continued feedback. :)
I must say I'm pretty stoked for the next few weeks!

I'm looking forward to the results!!!

stinkywinky

Awards
Are you on a strictly strength based routine or are you noticing gains as well? :)

jwsnowman

jwsnowman

Awards
I'm using Brad Schoenfield's MAX Muscle training plan.

The first 8 weeks are a strength phase (weeks 1-4 are no more than 5rm lifts, weeks 5-8 follows the same idea but adds a 6-8 rep accessory exercise for each body part as well)

Weeks 9-12 are a high rep, low rest Metabolic Phase

Weeks 13-24 is a Hypertrophy phase with the last couple of weeks being an over reaching cycle.

I am not only adding strength so far in the first couple of weeks, but I am looking quite a bit larger and fuller. I've had a number of comments already on the visible changes in just a couple of weeks. AmentoMax, CistaMax, and ABE all lend themselves very well to both strength and physique gains.

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
Great job Jeff, are you at Fitness FX?

jwsnowman

jwsnowman

Awards
Thanks for the opportunity to run these!

I've been travelling a lot lately so my GL membership is coming in handy as much as it pains me to say that...not a big fan of the big box gyms but when it's convenient, it helps.

jwsnowman

jwsnowman

Awards
i usually train at the GL on Uteck when I'm home though...I drive by it before and after work so whenever I can get my workout in, it's right there. On the weekends I switch it up a bit and go to The Sackville GL but still have never made it out to FX.

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
i usually train at the GL on Uteck when I'm home though...I drive by it before and after work so whenever I can get my workout in, it's right there. On the weekends I switch it up a bit and go to The Sackville GL but still have never made it out to FX.
I like Uteck but the 1 full rack and 1 half rack are brutal. I left goodlife and just training out of our Mma gym now full time.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In.

jwsnowman

jwsnowman

Awards
Yeah people have begun to not like me there....bent over bar rows, deadlifts, and squats all in the same training session lol.

"What do you mean you have 12 sets left to do?!?!"

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Solid log so far! You're dosing all 4 caps in a single dose? Not splitting them up at all?

jwsnowman

jwsnowman

Awards
I've actually changed my dosing of the CistaMax up from when I first started. Initially, I was taking 4 caps with breakfast, but now I am taking 2 caps with my pre workout meal and 2 caps with my post meal. On rest days I've been taking 2 caps with each of my 2 largest meals. I am dosing it identically as my ABE. I find it easier this way. I don't think that a bolus dose vs a split dose has a difference in effectiveness...Cooper please correct me if I am wrong

jwsnowman

jwsnowman

Awards
Well last week was a big one for my lifts. I hit 1rm PRs in all of my lifts. This week has been a deload week where its basically been light weight, high rep, active recovery. I will be posting up last weeks lifts this weekend. On Sunday, I start the next block of my strength phase which will be a 4 day/week spilt utilizing upper and lower body training days which incorporate both the low rep, heavy weight set scheme I have been using for the past 4 weeks, along with moderate weight, hypertrophy rep range sets as accessory lifts.

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
Well last week was a big one for my lifts. I hit 1rm PRs in all of my lifts. This week has been a deload week where its basically been light weight, high rep, active recovery. I will be posting up last weeks lifts this weekend. On Sunday, I start the next block of my strength phase which will be a 4 day/week spilt utilizing upper and lower body training days which incorporate both the low rep, heavy weight set scheme I have been using for the past 4 weeks, along with moderate weight, hypertrophy rep range sets as accessory lifts.
kill it bro, I'm still following

jwsnowman

jwsnowman

Awards
Without further adieu....Week 3 of training with my Analyzed AmentoMax and CistaMax Stack!

Week 3 - 3 sets: Set 1 @ 4-5 RM (RPE = 8)
Set 2 @ 2-3 RM (RPE = 9)
Set 3 @ 1 RM (RPE = 10)

Day 7 - Monday

Shoulder Press* - 5x160, 3x180, 1x200 (PR)
Barbell Bent Over Row (overhand) - 5x235, 3x265, 1x285 (PR)
Bench Press - 5x225, 3x255, 1x275 (Matched PR)
Deadlift - 5x330, 3x365, 1x385
Squats - 5x205, 3x245, 1x275 (Matched PR)

Notes:

*Smith Machine used instead of barbell. As usual, there was no shoulder press rack and the power racks were taken.

Nutrition: Pretty much spot on. Travelling this week but staying in an extended stay apartment with fridge, stove, oven, etc. Being able to cook your meals on the road is a huge bonus!

Supplementation: I've started taking my CistaMax split up in to two doses. 2 caps with each 2 caps of my ABE. So, on training days, 2 caps Cista + 2 caps ABE with pre-meal and 2 caps of each with my post meal. On non-training days I take 2 caps of each with each of my 2 largest meals of the day.

Energy: Long work day preceded by a long day of travel the day before....AmentoMax shrugs it off like nothing.

Mood: Fantastic.

Focus: Where are the heavy weights?

Pump: Love the looks I'm getting from people as I'm leaving the gym. Always a sign of a great workout!

Strength: PRs anyone?

Day 8 - Wednesday

Shoulder Press* - 5x170, 2x190, 1x200 (Matched PR)
Barbell Bent Over Row (overhand) - 5x245, 3x275, 1x295 (PR)
Bench Press - 5x225, 3x255, 1x275 (Matched PR)
Deadlift - 4x335, 3x375, 1x395
Squats - 4x215, 2x255, 1x295 (PR....Between my second and final set I got a crazy burst of confidence and motivation from out of nowhere. I was going to try to add 10lbs to last weeks 1RM to make it 285lbs but I said screw it and added 20lbs instead....yeah it happened. All the way down but when I came up, it started strong and then I seemed to stall. I thought I was going to have to bail it on the safety bars but I looked up, clenched my teeth and pushed one last time to get just past that sticking point and racked out strong)

Notes:

*Smith Machine used instead of barbell.

Nutrition: Eating well.

Supplementation: No deviations other than my recent change to the CistaMax dosing.

Energy: Pretty tired when I got to the gym and then I got a wicked boost....this stuff is stellar

Mood: I can't say enough about AmentoMax

Focus: See see the comments about my last set of squats.

Pump: 1RMs and getting pumped? I'll take it.

Strength: CistaMax is kicking in now. I'm putting serious increases on my lifts with every training day. This stuff is solid.

Day 9 - Friday

Shoulder Press* - 5x180, 3x190, 1x210 (PR)
Barbell Bent Over Row (overhand) - 5x245, 3x285, 1x305 (PR)
Bench Press* - 5x225, 3x255, 1x275 (Matched PR.....I wen't for 280 and almost had it....so close! Next week this number is going up!)
Deadlift - 5x335, 2x385, 1x400 (PR.....2 years ago I pulled 405 for a 1RM but my form was just terrible so I've never really considered it a PR. This pull of 400lbs was spot on so this is now my heaviest DL rep)
Squats - 5x225, 2x265, 1x300 (PR)

Notes:

*Smith Machine used instead of barbell for shoulder press

Nutrition: Only had 1 meal into me before this training session so I wasn't sure how my strength was going to be affected.....clearly it wasn't.

Supplementation: The usual.....oh and CistaMax? Yeah it's kicking in now for sure....Holy strength gains Batman!

Energy: Wen't into the gym today with tons of energy, ready to break my 1RM PRs one more time before my de-load week.

Mood: Great mood.

Focus: Had one thing on my mind....PRs

Pump: Shoulder press followed by bent over rows = shoulder and back pump of the gods today!

Strength: PRs anyone?

Week Summary:

I feel like I'm training like never before....scratch that....I AM training like I've never trained before. I haven't seen strength gains like these since I first started working out! 3 weeks in and I am stronger, fuller, and performing at an all time high. It's been a couple of years since doing any sort of serious, strength gaining training in my routines and this may account for some of these increases. Beginner gains or muscle memory? Maybe, but it's not like I am a beginner or any reason to believe that the past year or so of HIRT training has decreased my strength that much that my muscle memory is kicking in now.

All that I know is that the stack I am taking is complementing my training and nutrition perfectly....and isn't that what a truly great supplement should do for you?

Next week is my de-load week....only a couple workouts of high rep, lower weight, active recovery sets to prepare to start Block 2 of my Strength Phase the following week.

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
Without further adieu....Week 3 of training with my Analyzed AmentoMax and CistaMax Stack! Week 3 - 3 sets: Set 1 @ 4-5 RM (RPE = 8) Set 2 @ 2-3 RM (RPE = 9) Set 3 @ 1 RM (RPE = 10) Day 7 - Monday Shoulder Press* - 5x160, 3x180, 1x200 (PR) Barbell Bent Over Row (overhand) - 5x235, 3x265, 1x285 (PR) Bench Press - 5x225, 3x255, 1x275 (Matched PR) Deadlift - 5x330, 3x365, 1x385 Squats - 5x205, 3x245, 1x275 (Matched PR) Notes: *Smith Machine used instead of barbell. As usual, there was no shoulder press rack and the power racks were taken. Nutrition: Pretty much spot on. Travelling this week but staying in an extended stay apartment with fridge, stove, oven, etc. Being able to cook your meals on the road is a huge bonus! Supplementation: I've started taking my CistaMax split up in to two doses. 2 caps with each 2 caps of my ABE. So, on training days, 2 caps Cista + 2 caps ABE with pre-meal and 2 caps of each with my post meal. On non-training days I take 2 caps of each with each of my 2 largest meals of the day. Energy: Long work day preceded by a long day of travel the day before....AmentoMax shrugs it off like nothing. Mood: Fantastic. Focus: Where are the heavy weights? Pump: Love the looks I'm getting from people as I'm leaving the gym. Always a sign of a great workout! Strength: PRs anyone? Day 8 - Wednesday Shoulder Press* - 5x170, 2x190, 1x200 (Matched PR) Barbell Bent Over Row (overhand) - 5x245, 3x275, 1x295 (PR) Bench Press - 5x225, 3x255, 1x275 (Matched PR) Deadlift - 4x335, 3x375, 1x395 Squats - 4x215, 2x255, 1x295 (PR....Between my second and final set I got a crazy burst of confidence and motivation from out of nowhere. I was going to try to add 10lbs to last weeks 1RM to make it 285lbs but I said screw it and added 20lbs instead....yeah it happened. All the way down but when I came up, it started strong and then I seemed to stall. I thought I was going to have to bail it on the safety bars but I looked up, clenched my teeth and pushed one last time to get just past that sticking point and racked out strong) Notes: *Smith Machine used instead of barbell. Nutrition: Eating well. Supplementation: No deviations other than my recent change to the CistaMax dosing. Energy: Pretty tired when I got to the gym and then I got a wicked boost....this stuff is stellar Mood: I can't say enough about AmentoMax Focus: See see the comments about my last set of squats. Pump: 1RMs and getting pumped? I'll take it. Strength: CistaMax is kicking in now. I'm putting serious increases on my lifts with every training day. This stuff is solid. Day 9 - Friday Shoulder Press* - 5x180, 3x190, 1x210 (PR) Barbell Bent Over Row (overhand) - 5x245, 3x285, 1x305 (PR) Bench Press* - 5x225, 3x255, 1x275 (Matched PR.....I wen't for 280 and almost had it....so close! Next week this number is going up!) Deadlift - 5x335, 2x385, 1x400 (PR.....2 years ago I pulled 405 for a 1RM but my form was just terrible so I've never really considered it a PR. This pull of 400lbs was spot on so this is now my heaviest DL rep) Squats - 5x225, 2x265, 1x300 (PR) Notes: *Smith Machine used instead of barbell for shoulder press Nutrition: Only had 1 meal into me before this training session so I wasn't sure how my strength was going to be affected.....clearly it wasn't. Supplementation: The usual.....oh and CistaMax? Yeah it's kicking in now for sure....Holy strength gains Batman! Energy: Wen't into the gym today with tons of energy, ready to break my 1RM PRs one more time before my de-load week. Mood: Great mood. Focus: Had one thing on my mind....PRs Pump: Shoulder press followed by bent over rows = shoulder and back pump of the gods today! Strength: PRs anyone? Week Summary: I feel like I'm training like never before....scratch that....I AM training like I've never trained before. I haven't seen strength gains like these since I first started working out! 3 weeks in and I am stronger, fuller, and performing at an all time high. It's been a couple of years since doing any sort of serious, strength gaining training in my routines and this may account for some of these increases. Beginner gains or muscle memory? Maybe, but it's not like I am a beginner or any reason to believe that the past year or so of HIRT training has decreased my strength that much that my muscle memory is kicking in now. All that I know is that the stack I am taking is complementing my training and nutrition perfectly....and isn't that what a truly great supplement should do for you? Next week is my de-load week....only a couple workouts of high rep, lower weight, active recovery sets to prepare to start Block 2 of my Strength Phase the following week.
Great update Jeff, glad you're getting your training in with all the travel lately

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
jwsnowman

jwsnowman

Awards
Agreed. Anymore feedback available OP?
Man I didn't even notice that my last update didn't post!

Give me 2 minutes...I type up all of my update posts on MS Word before posting here so I have it saved!

jwsnowman

jwsnowman

Awards
So.....Week 4 was a simple de-load week so I won't detail workouts as it was all light weight movements and stretching.

One thing I will comment on is my recovery this week. After the past 3 weeks of intense, heavy training, I was half expecting to desperately need this de-load week....after this week I felt like a god ready to destroy my second phase. My recovery has been stellar day in and day out, but usually after taking a week off, it takes me a couple training days to get back into the swing of things again....not after this week. I was ready to destroy my second phase starting with Week 5!

jwsnowman

jwsnowman

Awards
Phase 1 - Block 2

4 training days/week - 3 weeks + 1 week de-load

2 x Upper Body Day & 2 x Lower Body Day

Upper Body Day:
Military Press
Barbell Bent Over Row
Bench Press
Accessory Shoulder
Accessory Back
Accessory Chest

Lower Body Day:
Deadlifts
Squats
Accessory Quad
Accessory Hamstring
Accessory Calf

Week 5

3 sets @ 4-5 RM (RPE = 8) for compound lifts
3 sets @ 6-8 reps (RPE = 7) for accessory lifts

Day 10 - Sunday

Shoulder Press* - 4x180, 4x180, 4x180
Barbell Bent Over Row (overhand) - 5x245, 5x245, 5x245
Bench Press - 5x225, 4x235, 4x235
Lateral Dumbbell Raise - 8x17.5, 8x17.5, 8x17.5
Seated Close Grip Row - 8x180, 8x180, 8x180
High to Low Cable Pec Fly - 8x42.5, 8x42.5, 8x42.5

Notes:

*Smith Machine used instead of barbell. As usual, there was no shoulder press rack and the power racks were taken.

Nutrition: Nutrition looking good...calories starting to increase slowly.

Supplementation: 2nd bottle of ABE, CistaMax, and AmentoMax have started. First bottle of Erase Pro has started.

Energy: Fantastic

Mood: Fantastic.

Focus: Where are the heavy weights?

Pump: The usual fullness I've been experiencing everyday....love it!

Strength: Add more....add more....one more rep....keep the gains coming!

Day 11 - Monday
Deadlift - 4x335, 4x335, 4x335
Squats - 4x225, 4x225, 4x225
Seated Leg Extension - 8x130, 8x130, 8x130
Seated Leg Curl - 8x145, 8x145, 8x145
Leg Press Calf Press - 20x210, 20x210, 20x210 (said screw 6-8 reps on today's calf work)

Notes:

Nutrition: Didn't eat enough today due to work.

Supplementation: Taken as normal

Energy: Actually didn't have great energy today....had a crazy day at work and didn't eat enough throughout the day.

Mood: Although being tired and hangry, my mood picked up after I took my amentomax! As I said before...the energy still wasn't there today.

Focus: Focus was decent but my energy level kind of took away from the usual focus I've been having.

Pump: These were still there!

Strength: Would've loved to see what I could've done with proper nutrition today!

Day 12 - Wednesday

Shoulder Press* - 5x180, 4x180, 5x180
Barbell Bent Over Row (overhand) - 5x255, 5x255, 5x255
Bench Press - 5x235, 5x235, 5x235
Incline Bench Front Bar Raise - 8x40, 8x40, 8x40
Wide Grip Pulldown - 8x120, 8x140, 8x140
Cable Pec Fly - 8x35, 8x35, 8x35

Notes:

*From now on out I'm going to stick with the Smith Machine for these as I have been using it for 4 weeks now...I want to be consistent with my power movements.

Nutrition: Back on track the past couple of days.

Supplementation: As laid out.

Energy: A little low....lot's of heavy lifting at work about an hour pre workout. But....AmentoMax the rescue!

Mood: Great.

Focus: Tunnel Vision today...had it going!

Pump: Good and pumped up today....was pumped up pretty well pre workout due to the lifting I was doing at work!

Strength: The CistaMax and ABE combo is starting to shine now

Day 13 - Sunday

Deadlift - 5x335, 4x345, 4x345
Squats - 5x225, 5x225, 4x225
Seated Leg Extension - 8x140, 8x140, 8x145
Horizontal Calf Press - 20x130, 20x130, 20x130 (said screw 6-8 reps on today's calf work)

Notes:

Nutrition: On the road but eating well.

Supplementation: Taken as normal except......I took 2 scoops of PES Enhanced. Somehow this was the first time I've ever used Enhanced. Yeah.....it was....an experience. Wish I stocked up on this stuff before they discontinued it!

Energy: Woooowwwwwww!

Mood: Happy....and mad at the weights!

Focus: Like nothing I've had before

Pump: I don't think I need to elaborate anymore on how awesome my pumps have been lately!

Strength: Keep adding the pounds!

jwsnowman

jwsnowman

Awards
Week 6

3 sets @ 2-3 RM (RPE = 9) for compound lifts
3 sets @ 6-8 reps (RPE = 8) for accessory lifts

Day 14 - Tuesday

Shoulder Press - 3x190, 3x200, 3x200
Barbell Bent Over Row (overhand) - 3x295, 3x295, 3x295
Bench Press - 2x265, 2x265, 3x265
Single Arm Cable Lateral raise - 8x30, 8x30, 8x30
Wide Grip Pulldown - 8x160, 8x160, 8x180
Pec Deck - 8x145, 8x145, 8x145

Notes:

Nutrition: Nutrition is good. On the road but staying in an extended stay apartment so I can cook all of my meals. This is a huge bonus.

Supplementation: Second time with 2 scoops of enhanced!

Energy: Jumping up and down.

Focus: Turning off the rest of the world

Pump: Great

Strength: CistaMax!!!

Day 15 - Wednesday
Deadlift - 3x385, 2x395, 2x395
Squats - 2x275, 2x275, 2x275
Seated Leg Extension - 8x145, 8x145, 8x145
Leg Press Calf Press - 20x210, 20x210, 20x210 (said screw 6-8 reps on today's calf work)

Notes:

Nutrition: Great

Supplementation: No more enhanced

Energy: Fired up.!

Mood: Fired Up!!

Focus: Fired Up!!!

Pump: Sgt. Swole reporting for duty!

Strength: Literally everyday I put more weight on mostly all of my lifts! When is it every going to stop???

Day 16 - Wednesday

Shoulder Press - 3x210, 3x210, 3x210
Barbell Bent Over Row (overhand) - 3x295, 3x295, 3x295
Bench Press - 3x265, 2x265, 3x265
One Arm Cable Lateral Raise - 8x17.5, 8x17.5, 8x17.5 (this is a lot lighter than the last time I did cable lateralys, however, it was a different machine. I hate how one machine is always different from another...messes with my head sometimes.)
One Arm Cable Low Row - 8x52.5, 8x52.5, 8x52.5
Incline Cable Chest Fly - 8x27.5, 8x27.5, 8x27.5

Notes:

Nutrition: Perfect

Supplementation: As laid out.

Energy: Great.

Focus: Staying focused through all of my workouts lately! No distractions getting in!

Pump: Solid as usual

Strength: I'm continuing to add either reps or more weight to the previous workout!

Day 17 - Sunday

Deadlift - 2x395, 2x395, 2x395
Squats - 2x275, 2x275, 2x275
Seated Leg Extension - 8x160, 8x160, 8x160
Seated Leg Curl - 8x160, 8x160, 8x160
Horizontal Calf Press - 8x230, 8x230, 8x230

Notes:

Nutrition: On the road still but eating well.

Supplementation: As described

Energy: Couldn't be happier with my energy levels lately. AmentoMax is working as described! I've been travelling non stop for work, working long hours, and still manage to get a great pick me up from AmentoMax.

Focus: Had my eyes on the prize today!

Pump: Blown up nicely!

Strength: Just take a look at the last couple of weeks....you should see a rather steady progression. I've never made strength gains like these before!

Next week.....5rm, 3rm, 1rm! Time to hit some new PRs me thinks!!!

jwsnowman

jwsnowman

Awards
I have last week plus this week's training to post up which I will do in the next couple of days. Along with this, I will discuss the gains I have seen over the last 8 weeks.

Hint: I'm blown away as is everyone I've been training with

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have last week plus this week's training to post up which I will do in the next couple of days. Along with this, I will discuss the gains I have seen over the last 8 weeks.

Hint: I'm blown away as is everyone I've been training with
Excited to hear more then. :D

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Love your updates bro. Such great detail. I know what you mean about amentomax still pushing through those workouts even when working extended shifts. I feel the same way with my 12s and working 7 days a week. Sometimes I don't feel I will have a great workout but one I touch the weights all worries are gone.

Thanks for the updates! Sounds like a very solid run here. :)

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
I ran into Jeff a couple weeks ago, definitely some solid lean muscle gains. Keep it up man!

jwsnowman

jwsnowman

Awards
Week 7
3 sets:
Set 1 @ 4-5 RM (RPE = 8)
Set 2 @ 2-3 RM (RPE = 9)
Set 3 @ 1 RM (RPE = 10)

Day 18 - Tuesday

Shoulder Press - 5x180, 3x210, 1x230 (PR)
Barbell Bent Over Row (overhand) - 5x255, 3x295, 1x315 (PR)
Bench Press - 5x235, 2x285, 1x295 (PR)
Single Arm Cable Lateral raise - 8x20, 8x20, 8x20
Closegrip Cable Row - 8x195, 8x195, 8x195
Cable Chest Fly - 8x42.5, 8x42.5, 8x42.5

Notes:

Nutrition: Nutrition is good as it can be while travelling non stop with work and working crazy hours.

Supplementation: The usual layout

Energy: Perfect

Focus: Tuned into my lifts

Pump: Great

Strength: 3 new PRs...and up by 10-20lbs on those at that! This is getting ridiculous!

Day 19 - Thursday

Deadlift - 4x355, 2x395, 1x405 (PR)
Squats - 5x225, 2x275, 1x305 (PR)
Seated Leg Extension - 8x170, 8x170, 8x170
Seated Leg Curl - 8x170, 8x170, 8x170
Standing Calf Raises - 8x195, 8x195, 8x195

Notes:

I hit a 1,000lb total for my Bench, Dead, and Squat for the first time ever (1,005lbs to be exact)!!!! Bench was performed one day and deads and squats on a second day....regardless, I have never hit this total for those three lifts ever before! STOKED!!!

Nutrition: Nutrition is good as it can be while travelling non stop with work and working crazy hours.

Energy: Perfect

Focus: Zoned in!

Pump: Quads are blown up from powerlift rep ranges....this has never happened until this supplement stack.

Strength: And 2 more PRs...I have successfully hit new PRs in all 5 of my core lifts in this strength phase.

Day 20 - Friday

Shoulder Press - 5x180, 2x215, 1x230 (Matched PR *Assisted rep)
Barbell Bent Over Row (overhand) - 5x255, 3x295, 1x325 (PR)
Bench Press - 5x235, 2x285, 1x295 (Matched PR *Assisted rep)
Rear Delt Cable Fly - 8x17.5, 8x17.5, 8x17.5
Widegrip pulldown- 8x170, 8x170, 8x170
Cable Chest Fly - 8x42.5, 8x42.5, 8x35

Notes:

Energy: Great until my last rep on each set....began feeling a little more tired out than usual.

Focus: Nothing getting in my head!

Pump: The most vicious chest/back/arm/shoulder pump I've ever had...this may have had something to do with my 1rm attempts today.

Strength: Another bent over row PR but I couldn't push more on my bench and shoulder press. I actually required a touch of assistance from my spotter on those two lifts.

Day 21 - Sunday

Deadlift - 4x365, 2x400, 1x failed rep
Squats - 5x225, 2x275, 1x failed rep (thank god for safety bars)
Single Leg Extension - 8x90, 8x90, 8x90
Single Leg Curl - 8x90, x90, 8x90
Horizontal Calf Raises - 8x230, 8x230, 8x230

Notes:

Nutrition: Long travel day lead to sub par nutrition

Energy: Felt pretty good but the travel day and crazy hours this week definitely took its toll on me today

Focus: Focus was there but I did find myself losing focus after a couple sets. I feel that my lack of energy today was the reason for my lower focus.

Pump: Another good pump pulled off regardless of other low points today.

Strength: I think I finally hit my fatigue point both mentally and physically over the last couple of days. This was apparent with my shoulder press, bench press, deadlift, and squat 1rm attempts. Thank god next week is a de-load week and then I'm taking a week off for vacation.

jwsnowman

jwsnowman

Awards
Week 8

De-load week. 3 sets of 15-20 rep full body workouts, 3 times during the week. Next week I'm taking a much needed week off.

jwsnowman

jwsnowman

Awards
Ok....so I just got back from a week of vacation and will be beginning the metabolic training phase of the MAX Muscle plan. But first....here is my final impression and review of the products I covered in this log!

As you've all followed along, I was following an 8 week, strength phase of training. This was my first time in a couple years incorporating power/strength lift rep ranges. I was also eating more than I normally would to help with my strength gains. The supplementation of AmentoMax and CistaMax worked extremely well in sync with my training and nutrition. I honestly feel that these two supplements helped with my strength gains over these last 8 weeks. I have never seen strength gains like this before when I've done a strength phase of training, and I've never been so buried with work travel and long hours as I have been over the last 8 weeks. Along with the Amento and Cista, I also used 2 bottles of PES Anabeta Elite along with a bottle of Erase Pro (a second bottle of Erase Pro will be run during my 4 week metabolic phase along with a bottle of PES Norcodrene.)

All in all, these two products were excellent. I said it once in one of my weekly recaps, that the supplements alone didn't provide me with the results I saw, however, they certainly did a perfect job supplementing my training and nutrition.

Oh....I almost forgot! The final weigh-in........

8 weeks ago I started at 185lbs
The final day of my run I weight in at 195lbs
10lb increase in 8 weeks....I'll take it!
This wasn't a full 10lbs of lean mass....I have definitely added some fat mass which I chock up to eating while traveling for work and eating around a hectic work day schedule. I can confidently say that of the 10lbs, I would venture a guess at 6-7lbs lean mass.

For a couple of natural supplements, I will take that kind of gain any day!

Thanks for following along over the last 8 weeks! I hope everyone enjoyed my posts and following along with my training!

And just to let everyone know what's in store after my next 4 weeks of metabolic training....

I will be performing a 12 week hypertrophy phase where I'll be stacking:

PES Anabeta Elite
PES Erase Pro
Analyzed AmentoMax
Molecular Nutrition X-Factor Advanced
Molecular Nutrition Test Factor
Along with the supporting cast I ran with this log

All aboard the gainz train!!!

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
Ok....so I just got back from a week of vacation and will be beginning the metabolic training phase of the MAX Muscle plan. But first....here is my final impression and review of the products I covered in this log! As you've all followed along, I was following an 8 week, strength phase of training. This was my first time in a couple years incorporating power/strength lift rep ranges. I was also eating more than I normally would to help with my strength gains. The supplementation of AmentoMax and CistaMax worked extremely well in sync with my training and nutrition. I honestly feel that these two supplements helped with my strength gains over these last 8 weeks. I have never seen strength gains like this before when I've done a strength phase of training, and I've never been so buried with work travel and long hours as I have been over the last 8 weeks. Along with the Amento and Cista, I also used 2 bottles of PES Anabeta Elite along with a bottle of Erase Pro (a second bottle of Erase Pro will be run during my 4 week metabolic phase along with a bottle of PES Norcodrene.) All in all, these two products were excellent. I said it once in one of my weekly recaps, that the supplements alone didn't provide me with the results I saw, however, they certainly did a perfect job supplementing my training and nutrition. Oh....I almost forgot! The final weigh-in........ 8 weeks ago I started at 185lbs The final day of my run I weight in at 195lbs 10lb increase in 8 weeks....I'll take it! This wasn't a full 10lbs of lean mass....I have definitely added some fat mass which I chock up to eating while traveling for work and eating around a hectic work day schedule. I can confidently say that of the 10lbs, I would venture a guess at 6-7lbs lean mass. For a couple of natural supplements, I will take that kind of gain any day! Thanks for following along over the last 8 weeks! I hope everyone enjoyed my posts and following along with my training! And just to let everyone know what's in store after my next 4 weeks of metabolic training.... I will be performing a 12 week hypertrophy phase where I'll be stacking: PES Anabeta Elite PES Erase Pro Analyzed AmentoMax Molecular Nutrition X-Factor Advanced Molecular Nutrition Test Factor Along with the supporting cast I ran with this log All aboard the gainz train!!!
10 lbs , wow Jeff. I know you work hard, take your training and diet very seriously. When is your next competition?

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome log and great work in here brother. Thanks for keeping such a detailed log it's appreciated and sounds like you really enjoyed this run!

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
Pumped to follow the next one

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agreed! I'm excited to tag along and track his progress as well! Make sure a link is dropped here OP. :)

jwsnowman

jwsnowman

Awards
10 lbs , wow Jeff. I know you work hard, take your training and diet very seriously. When is your next competition?
Yeah man it's been quite the 8 weeks I must say! The results have astonished me. I'll post up my before and after shots this evening. Forgot to post them with my final review.

There's a comp in November but I've decided not to enter. The past 2 years I have come in looking great, last year being a huge improvement on my first show, but I still haven't been big enough to compete with the bigger guys. I'm taking the time to put on the size I need and to do it right. There's a show next May which is my target. I hit the stage at 170lbs @ ~ 7%bf at the last show and I'm looking to hit 180lbs @ ~7% in May.

jwsnowman

jwsnowman

Awards
Agreed! I'm excited to tag along and track his progress as well! Make sure a link is dropped here OP. :)
Over the next 4 weeks I'll be running Norcodrene alongside my second bottle of Erase Pro (started the first during the last 4 weeks of this log), Forskolin95 and AmentoMax. I finished up my last bit of AmentoMax about 2 weeks ago so hopefully a 2 week break is enough lol. I can't see there being too much of an issue.

I'll post the link to that thread in this thread once I start it up this week. I'm two lifting days and 1 cardio day into it so far and the high reps and short rest periods are killing me after 8 weeks of low rep strength training!

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Over the next 4 weeks I'll be running Norcodrene alongside my second bottle of Erase Pro (started the first during the last 4 weeks of this log), Forskolin95 and AmentoMax. I finished up my last bit of AmentoMax about 2 weeks ago so hopefully a 2 week break is enough lol. I can't see there being too much of an issue. I'll post the link to that thread in this thread once I start it up this week. I'm two lifting days and 1 cardio day into it so far and the high reps and short rest periods are killing me after 8 weeks of low rep strength training!
Bad ass! Amentomax is hard to take a break from so I'm surprised you lasted that long! Haha
I look forward to following the new log bro.