Kat's quest to get lean with LG's C2K

Page 27 of 32 First ... 2526272829 ... Last

1. Very nice set! I agree with kleen's advice about being on the inside of your knee. Another thing I would do is put your other arm on your knee and lean forward a bit to take your back out of it and bring the db to full contraction against your chest and hold it for a sec at full contraction.

2. Quote Originally Posted by love2liftkat View Post
    Thanks Kleen... Yeah I normally do... That's what I meant by knee action.
    Very nice and I think you could do it Kleens way because it looked easy for you. I usually like to let the db hang with my torso bent over arm straight and keep elbow in the same position. I'm usually no more than 30s but I'm motivated for some 45s in the morning!! More videos please of heavy squats and dips.
    •   

3. Okay I was watching for your knees to pop the weight up for momentum or something and didn't see it so was kind of wondering what you meant by knee action. I get it now. By the way I am not even sure I can do 8 solid reps at 45 on concentration curls. Then again I can not remember the last time I did them. I normally only go up to about 40 on standing DB Curls.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

4. Quote Originally Posted by Mystere3 View Post
    Very nice set! I agree with kleen's advice about being on the inside of your knee. Another thing I would do is put your other arm on your knee and lean forward a bit to take your back out of it and bring the db to full contraction against your chest and hold it for a sec at full contraction.
    Thanks mystere! I agree with you both! I don't usually go above 35s so I can get that full control/contraction!
    The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Isaiah 40:28b-29

5. Quote Originally Posted by emantest View Post
    Very nice and I think you could do it Kleens way because it looked easy for you. I usually like to let the db hang with my torso bent over arm straight and keep elbow in the same position. I'm usually no more than 30s but I'm motivated for some 45s in the morning!! More videos please of heavy squats and dips.
    Thanks! Definitely wasn't easy! Lol My arms were fighting me bad!! Do it!! I'm sure you can! Haha we will see- heavy squats seem to be a no go until I can get my back to heal but maybe some dips. I could discretely take that video in the women's area but dips would be a lot harder! Lol
    The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Isaiah 40:28b-29
    •   

6. ughh kat eats so much better than me. Send the extra food in the mail thx

7. Quote Originally Posted by love2liftkat View Post
    Thanks! Definitely wasn't easy! Lol My arms were fighting me bad!! Do it!! I'm sure you can! Haha we will see- heavy squats seem to be a no go until I can get my back to heal but maybe some dips. I could discretely take that video in the women's area but dips would be a lot harder! Lol

I want to see heavy squats, too!
    If I live every moment believing, then the chaos in my heart will be a beautiful thing.-
    I am in love, but not in love with someone or something, I am in love with my life. And for the first time, in a long time, everything is inspiring.-

8. Quote Originally Posted by love2liftkat View Post
    Ok here it is...mind you arms are sore and tired from yesterday so there's a little knee action. http://youtu.be/1SwWiyIRG-Y
    That's impressive Kat. Your a beast (in a non manly way) ..
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep / TGB Supplements.com Rep

vujade5 @ TGB - Save 5% off upto $149 / vujade7 @ TGB - Save 7% over $150

9. @ MrKleen73 sorry, I should've been more clear!

Quote Originally Posted by IrishSoldier View Post
    ughh kat eats so much better than me. Send the extra food in the mail thx
    Lol you're so funny! It's on it's way!

Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    Me too! I'd be ecstatic if I could do them!! That's you remember? Lol

10. Quote Originally Posted by vujade View Post
    That's impressive Kat. Your a beast (in a non manly way) ..
    Thank you! And for clarifying too! Lol

11. No need to apologize to me. So you workout on the ladies only side? You must get some crazy looks working out as intense as you do.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

12. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    No need to apologize to me. So you workout on the ladies only side? You must get some crazy looks working out as intense as you do.
    Oh no, not usually...nothing really in there. I just went in there for that video. I do get lots of crazy looks most days-especially if they're new or I go at a different time! Lol

13. Holy cow, sixty-something posts since last night? Good Lawd!?

Nice lifts Kat, and add another to team-Kleen on the C-curls.

Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    You first...
    Not a rep but a fan of Finaflex.

14. Quote Originally Posted by RegisterJr View Post
    Holy cow, sixty-something posts since last night? Good Lawd!? Nice lifts Kat, and add another to team-Kleen on the C-curls. You first...
    Lol, I don't lift.
    If I live every moment believing, then the chaos in my heart will be a beautiful thing.-
    I am in love, but not in love with someone or something, I am in love with my life. And for the first time, in a long time, everything is inspiring.-

15. Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    Lol, I don't lift.
    Ah. New to the game, I see.
    Not a rep but a fan of Finaflex.

16. Quote Originally Posted by RegisterJr View Post
    Holy cow, sixty-something posts since last night? Good Lawd!? Nice lifts Kat, and add another to team-Kleen on the C-curls. You first...
    Haha sorry! Thank you! Yes, promise I usually do them that way!

17. Quote Originally Posted by RegisterJr View Post
    Ah. New to the game, I see.
    Ohhhh yasssss, gonna go to Zumba now!

18. I'll be the jerk...

Your elbow needs to be on or under your thigh not on top... Unfortunately your elbow positioning makes it much much easier and that's why you're able to curl double your standing db curl instead of half like most people. That slight tweak will help with growth big time and the positioning is a bit uncomfortable...

I only say it because I'm sure lots of us my self included have made that slight error.
    I'm just a dude chasing a dream

19. Thanks SB --yes that's been covered! I knew form was bad in the video bc my arms were sore. Just took it to make everyone happy. Elbow is usually inside my thigh. I usually don't go higher than 35s so I can keep it there and keep form right! I would agree that 45 is too heavy to keep form correct!

Ps you're not a jerk!

20. Kat, you did an amazing job. I am so extremely proud of you. Take all this criticism and push forward with it. You can only get better from this... I love you, doll!

21. Quote Originally Posted by love2liftkat View Post
    Thanks SB --yes that's been covered! I knew form was bad in the video bc my arms were sore. Just took it to make everyone happy. Elbow is usually inside my thigh. I usually don't go higher than 35s so I can keep it there and keep form right! I would agree that 45 is too heavy to keep form correct! Ps you're not a jerk!
    I missed someone correcting it then.. Don't wanna beat a dead horse either lol. 35 is still impressive keeping proper form for a dude let alone a chick so... Rock on!
    I'm just a dude chasing a dream

22. Quote Originally Posted by love2liftkat View Post
    Ok here it is...mind you arms are sore and tired from yesterday so there's a little knee action. http://youtu.be/1SwWiyIRG-Y
    That's pretty good Kat , but u can't rest ur elbow on the knee, that makes it easy, lol...
    Next time drop ur elbow towards the inner thigh..
    Ether way, good job!!!!
    Thank u for sharing!
    U will get there girl!

23. Quote Originally Posted by love2liftkat View Post
    Ok here it is...mind you arms are sore and tired from yesterday so there's a little knee action.

http://youtu.be/1SwWiyIRG-Y
    Regardless of the knee action that was impressive to say the least. Trust me it didn't even look like much of a struggle for you. In my gym girls do that exercise with 20 pounds TOPS. Even the ones on gear!! Lol

24. Kat is def one of the strongest girls I've seen at her bodyweight. How many girls do you normally see doing sets of 10 dips? Or +100+lbs bench dips. Or even think about picking up a 45 lb db.

Rock on Kat!

25. Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    Kat, you did an amazing job. I am so extremely proud of you. Take all this criticism and push forward with it. You can only get better from this... I love you, doll!
    Thanks girl! Always pushing forward!

Quote Originally Posted by superbeast668 View Post
    I missed someone correcting it then.. Don't wanna beat a dead horse either lol. 35 is still impressive keeping proper form for a dude let alone a chick so... Rock on!
    Thank you very much! The horse is definitely dead now!! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Magdalena View Post
    That's pretty good Kat , but u can't rest ur elbow on the knee, that makes it easy, lol... Next time drop ur elbow towards the inner thigh.. Ether way, good job!!!! Thank u for sharing! U will get there girl!
    Yes all of that was discussed if you read above. Thank you though! It's all a work in progress!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 737
    Last Post: 11-23-2012, 09:31 PM
  2. Replies: 327
    Last Post: 10-19-2012, 01:24 AM
  3. New Dude to AM looking to get lean & Muscular
    By Rev R in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-19-2007, 01:47 AM
  4. Where to get lean beef?
    By precious_roy in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-24-2007, 06:59 PM
  5. Best way to get started with homebrew chemistry?
    By The Doberman in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-13-2005, 09:56 AM