Follidrone log with CT3

CT3

CT3

Awards
  • Established
I figured I'd start a log just to keep track while on Follidrone. I'm 1 week in already taking 2 caps/day pre-workout. Plan on running 8 weeks.

Weight last week was between 182-184 which has been pretty steady for a few weeks.

The only other supps I'm taking are staples. Pre, creatine, multis, fish oil.

Current max lifts: bench 235, squat 315, dead 375. Hopefully headed into the 1000lb club soon.

CT3

CT3

Awards
  • Established
Day 7 - Chest & Tris

Weight: 185

Bench: warmup: bar x 20, 95x15, 135x10
185x5, 4 sets
195x5, 2 sets
205x2
135x10 with pause

Incline db press
60x10
65x8
70x6
75x5

Max rep dips: 24

Skull crushers: 80x10,10,8
SS
Db flyes: 40x8x3

OH cable extensions and cable kickbacks to finish

Overall good workout. I think strength is up slightly. A couple of weeks ago I gave out and needed a spot for 195x5.

peepingyoda

peepingyoda

Awards
Subbed, I''m enjoying my ride. Good luck on the 1k total. You are not that far off.

CT3

CT3

Awards
  • Established
Day 8 - Legs

Squats: warmup: bar x 10, 135x5,5, 185x5, 225x5
245x4, 2 sets
255x4
265x4
275x3 DS
225x8

Leg Extensions
3 plates x 10, 10, 10 DS 2 plates x 8, DS 1 plate x 8
SS with seated calf raises
Leg Curls
70lb x 3 sets x 10
SS with Standing calf raises

SLDL
185 x 3 sets x 8
SS with decline situps

Finished off with 8 minutes cardio

CT3

CT3

Awards
  • Established
Day 9 - Back & Bi's

Weight: 184

Wide grip pull downs 4x10, 120,140,140,140
Barbell Row 10,10,5,7 135,155,185,185
Preacher curls
DB rows 90x3x10 SS
Incline curls
Close grip pull downs SS
Close grip cable rows
Cable Rope hammer curls 3 sets
35x12 ds 25x8
Ab work

Nothing special today. Didn't get a great nights sleep last night.

CT3

CT3

Awards
  • Established
Day 10 - Shoulders & Bench

Weight: 184.5

Warmup: Rotations
Angled Barbell Push 12,3x10
DB Shoulder Press 50x10,60x8,60x9,65x5,70x3 SS
Upright Row 70x10x4
Bench (warmup between sets) 3x3, 185,205,205 SS
Seated db front raises 3x10
Lateral raises 3x10 SS
Reverse db flyes
Reverse Flye machine 110x10 ds 70x10 ds 50x10
Face pulls 50x12 ds 35x12 ds 25x12

Finished off with some sprints

Nothing extraordinary to note for today. Will be deadlifting tomorrow...

BlumpkinKing

BlumpkinKing

Awards
Subbed. Currently in the last 2 weeks of a cycle going to add follidrone in my pct. Interested how it treats you, good luck brother.

Reactions: CT3
McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Subed

CT3

CT3

Awards
  • Established
Day 11 - Deads & Cleans

Weight: 184.5

Deads 5x3x275(75%)

Squat Cleans 5x5
3 sets @ 135
2 sets @155

Shrugs
225x20x2
275x.... effin strap broke so i dropped down and really focused on the squeeze at the top
135x20x3

4 sets:
Sled push, length of basketball court and back
70lb kb swings x 10
Only about 30 seconds rest in between each of these. Killer.

The 5x3 seemed pretty easy. I'm following a 5/3/1 program on deads so I'm going to stick with it and see what kind of results I can get.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Get some!
Looking good bud. Id be pissed if my strap broke....Im gonna make some BLR straps.

CT3

CT3

Awards
  • Established
Days 12&13 - off days

No weight taken.

I went to the gym with the wife both days. Mostly trained her a little, but I did get in 20-25 minutes light cardio both days.

Weigh in again in the morning. Tomorrow is.... National Chest Day and I'm joining in!

CT3

CT3

Awards
  • Established
Day 14: Chest & Tris

Weight: 184

I thought I loaded up eating this weekend but the scale didn't show it. I tested my bf this morning using the hand held thing at the gym. It said I was 11.8% which I think is low. I know those aren't very accurate but maybe it can be a scale to measure against.

Bench Press:
185x6, 5 sets
155x5, 2 sets with pause

Incline db press:
70x5, 2 sets
75x5
80x5
80x4

Max rep Bosu ball push ups: 33

Skull Crushers:
EZ curl bar - 25lb each side, 3x8 SS
Tri Pull Downs

Strength is feeling good. That's the first time I've done 80lb db's for 5 reps and the 185x6x5 is an improvement in reps over 5x5.

CT3

CT3

Awards
  • Established
Day 15: Legs

Forgot to weigh this morning

Squats:
Warmup: 45x5,95x5,135x5,185x5,225x5
5/4/3/2/1/1: 245/265/275/285/295/305

Leg Press 4x8
6 plates, 8 plates, 8 plates, 10 plates

Leg Extensions
3 plates x 10, 10, 10 DS 2 plates x 10 DS 1 plate x 10
SS with standing calf raises

Light weight leg curls 3x10 SS
Light weight SLDL 3x10x135

Nothing new to report. Hoping to see some strength gains come on over the next couple of weeks.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 15: Legs

Forgot to weigh this morning

Squats:
Warmup: 45x5,95x5,135x5,185x5,225x5
5/4/3/2/1/1: 245/265/275/285/295/305

Leg Press 4x8
6 plates, 8 plates, 8 plates, 10 plates

Leg Extensions
3 plates x 10, 10, 10 DS 2 plates x 10 DS 1 plate x 10
SS with standing calf raises

Light weight leg curls 3x10 SS
Light weight SLDL 3x10x135

Nothing new to report. Hoping to see some strength gains come on over the next couple of weeks.
Just a note.
Your volume and rep range is on the low end. Not saying this is good or bad, the point being the endurance capacity part plays more of a role when you have more room to work with. For example:
You would need to make a 20% strength increase to see 1 more rep in the 5 rep range.
If you were in the 15 rep range you only need 6.6% to see another rep. This is why it seems the high volume guys see alot more early on I believe.
My training partner was in the very low rep range.. He ran the Folli and said he wasnt noticing much on the top end.
Mid cycle we shifted his training to see if made a difference. He went to 15 rep range from 4-6.
Everything changed. He started making progress every week.
Just something to consider.

There are many guys though who gained 1-2 added reps on their 1rm so....This would seem contradictory.
Again just pointing out what Ive seen so far.
Either way I expect increase in the second half ;)

CT3

CT3

Awards
  • Established
I agree, this was a low volume workout.

Next week will be a re(de)load week. I'll go lighter with higher reps and moving forward from there hopefully start seeing some good results.

Good looking out.

CT3

CT3

Awards
  • Established
Day 16: Back & Bi's

Weight: 182 - I've definitely been in a caloric deficit the past two days and the scale showed it today. The first time I've weighed in under 184 in over two weeks. I don't plan on staying in a calorie deficit mode. Need to get it back to maintenance calories and see what kind of recomp effect I can get.

Woke up 30 minutes late so had to get after it this morning.

Wide Pull Downs: 100x15,120x12,140x10,140x10,160x8x140x10
SS with straight arm pull downs 5x10-12

Preacher curls 3x10
SS db rows: 90's x12, 100's x10, 10

Decline curls 3x10
SS Plate loaded bent over rows 3x10

Close grip cable rows 3x10
SS leg raises 3x12

Close grip pull downs 3x10
SS cable rope curls 10,10,10 DS 10 DS 8

I picked up some alphamine and will be using it PWO.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
You should like alphamine pre workout. It gives you great energy and should have you sweating a lot!

CT3

CT3

Awards
  • Established
We'll see. I took 1 scoop today and didn't really notice much from it. I'll down 2 scoops like pixi stix in the morning!

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
We'll see. I took 1 scoop today and didn't really notice much from it. I'll down 2 scoops like pixi stix in the morning!
2scoops is what I like to use. It tastes great to :)

CT3

CT3

Awards
  • Established
Day 17: Shoulders & Bench

Weight: 186.5 - After being down yesterday, my weight shot up today. We'll see if it sticks or is just water weight. This is the heaviest I've ever weighed in the morning.

Dosed two scoops Alphamine + 1.5 scoops Hemavol in addition to 2 caps of Follidrone PWO today and I was definitely amped up and ready to go.

Workout went:

Smith Machine Shoulder Press 3x10 @ 155
DB shoulder press 8,8,6 @ 60lb

DB front raises 3x10 @ 20,25,25

DB side raises 3x10 @ 20

Bench was worked in between sets of front/side raises 5/5/3/3/1/1 - 185/185/200/200/225/225
Had to have a spot on the 225x1 reps but got all of the 200x3 reps solo.

Reverse flye 3x10 SS cable face pulls 3x12

Finished off with 4-200m sprints. Started each sprint on 2 minute intervals. so basically it was 30-35 sec sprint with the remainder ~1:30 rest.

Sirloin + oatmeal for breakfast today..... mmmm

5x1 deads tomorrow @ 80%

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
1st!! :)---or not quite! Lol

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Oh yea Wasme up in here, all the heavy hitters are joining! This is going to be a great log

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
I'm in!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In to follow your progress, brohemoth.

A little video of my 3rd set of 3.

https://vimeo.com/98134685
Some thoughts on your pulling. Back looks safe through all of it, & I like that you don't jerk the bar off the floor. Nothing good comes of that. But the bar seems a touch far out from your shins when you begin the lift (based on where the bar appears to be lining up over your toes), & the first thing that happens every rep to initiate the lift is your butt kicks up to generate force to help you break the ground, which makes it more of a straight-leg & makes lockout more difficult (once it clears the knees you know have a biomechanical disadvantage). Your pullthru is, however, very solid, indicating you really need strength off the floor.

Setup the way you've been doing it (hinging at the hip first to bend down & grip the bar), but try to pull yourself into the bar before you start the lift - this will have the bar on the shins once you tuck into it, & the hips up higher/closer in a stronger position. Think about pressing with your legs/glutes to pull the weight against your body as opposed to rising. You need to get in closer & initiate the pull with the strength of your legs, not inertia of a butt pop & lower back might (which is naturally higher initially but not the safest at max effort).

You said you really want that 1k total, so figured I'd share my thoughts to help you get there faster. I used to pull just like you do now. The trip from 405 to 495 wasn't so bad, but I've had to do a lot of work & learning to claw my way to mid 5s. Hope this helps somehow.

CT3

CT3

Awards
  • Established
In to follow your progress, brohemoth.

Some thoughts on your pulling. Back looks safe through all of it, & I like that you don't jerk the bar off the floor. Nothing good comes of that. But the bar seems a touch far out from your shins when you begin the lift (based on where the bar appears to be lining up over your toes), & the first thing that happens every rep to initiate the lift is your butt kicks up to generate force to help you break the ground, which makes it more of a straight-leg & makes lockout more difficult (once it clears the knees you know have a biomechanical disadvantage). Your pullthru is, however, very solid, indicating you really need strength off the floor.

Setup the way you've been doing it (hinging at the hip first to bend down & grip the bar), but try to pull yourself into the bar before you start the lift - this will have the bar on the shins once you tuck into it, & the hips up higher/closer in a stronger position. Think about pressing with your legs/glutes to pull the weight against your body as opposed to rising. You need to get in closer & initiate the pull with the strength of your legs, not inertia of a butt pop & lower back might (which is naturally higher initially but not the safest at max effort).

You said you really want that 1k total, so figured I'd share my thoughts to help you get there faster. I used to pull just like you do now. The trip from 405 to 495 wasn't so bad, but I've had to do a lot of work & learning to claw my way to mid 5s. Hope this helps somehow.
One of the main reasons for logging and posting videos is for the input. Thanks.

Most "common" gym goers don't realize how technical the dealift actually is.

CT3

CT3

Awards
  • Established
Day 18: Deadlifts +

Weight: 184.5 - I didn't figure the 186.5 would stick, but hey like I said that was the most I've seen in the morning.

This was the 3rd week of a 5/3/1 program for me on deads, so today was 5 sets of 1@ 80%.

Deadlifts:
Warmups: 135x10,185x5,225x5,225x5,275x3
5x1x305

Clean/Front Squat complex
3 cleans from floor + 5 front squats after 3rd clean - 4 times x 155lb

Shrugs & Trap Bar Carry
Shrugs: 135x20,225x15,315x12,225x15
Trap Bar: bar+45 each side - 4 laps around basketball court

Once again the weight felt easy but this is the first time through the rotation so I am expecting to get more difficult.

PWO today was 2 scoops alphamine + 2 caps follidrone

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Thanks for this.. found it informative for myself as well.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
A video of one of the singles today. Probably about the same form-wise as last.

https://vimeo.com/98729240
Form takes time to alter; you're not gonna change it overnight, especially on a higher % pull.

Shoulders stay behind the bar better this pull. Bar still looks too far from your shins - you more or less want it over the middle of your entire foot (usually extremely close to the tab/shoelace knot), unless you have exceptionally big legs. Closer it is, easier it will be to break the ground.

Your bar speed is sick. Digging the workouts, too.

CT3

CT3

Awards
  • Established
I've never really thought about the speed too awful much, just try to get it locked. The guy taking this video pulls with much more speed than me. Or at least in my perspective it's faster.

Good looking out though. I like hearing some feedback on the technical stuff.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I only offer it cuz it's easily my best lift & fav, & if you're serious about cracking the 1k club getting your technique tightened up some is gonna be faster than improving your overall muscle mass & brute strength. Plus the butt pop can get dangerous. First time I pulled 475 was beltless, & I did that, & boy did my back let me know it the next week or so. I was pretty proud, but I knew something had to change or else.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm loving all of the tips and info! I didn't try reg deads until about 3-4 wks ago! Always been a sldl girl! I really like them but they are much more technical than Most people think!

wicked442

wicked442

Board Sponsor
Awards
In for the info and tips ;)
And to see you break into the 1000lb club!

Reactions: CT3
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm loving all of the tips and info! I didn't try reg deads until about 3-4 wks ago! Always been a sldl girl! I really like them but they are much more technical than Most people think!
You might like sumo-style too - uses more lower-body strength & leverage than raw back strength. Popular in powerliting because the bar doesn't have to travel as far to lockout, but especially w/ women because they tend to be stronger at it (especially people with thinner proportions/smaller backs). Watched a gal last weekend weighing 121lbs pull over 350 sumo-style :saeek:

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You might like sumo-style too - uses more lower-body strength & leverage than raw back strength. Popular in powerliting because the bar doesn't have to travel as far to lockout, but especially w/ women because they tend to be stronger at it (especially people with thinner proportions/smaller backs). Watched a gal last weekend weighing 121lbs pull over 350 sumo-style :saeek:
Wow! -Just watched a video! I like the set up on those! Will definitely give them a shot soon! I'm having some issues around my SI joints area right now. Thank you for the tip!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Wow! -Just watched a video! I like the set up on those! Will definitely give them a shot soon! I'm having some issues around my SI joints area right now. Thank you for the tip!!
Youtube elitefts sumo or chris duffin talking about how to set up the form. Dan Green has some really useful vids with JTS (Juggernaut Training Systems) on there too. Some of them might seem a bit advanced, but I remember the elitefts being very easy to understand. Boring but worth not getting hurt.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Youtube elitefts sumo or chris duffin talking about how to set up the form. Dan Green has some really useful vids with JTS (Juggernaut Training Systems) on there too. Some of them might seem a bit advanced, but I remember the elitefts being very easy to understand. Boring but worth not getting hurt.
Awesome thank you! Definitely worth not getting hurt! I love learning new things anyways! :)

CT3

CT3

Awards
  • Established
Days 19 & 20 (Sat & Sun): Off days - Literally did pretty much nothing physically exerting

Day 21: Chest & Tri's

PWO: 2 caps Follidrone + 2 scoops alphamine + 1 scoop hemavol

Bench:
5 sets of 6
185x5, 195x1

Complex: db flat bench, skull crushers, hammer low row
db flat bench - 65's x 8,10,9
skull crushers - ez curl bar +25's x 8,10,6
low row - 3x10

Complex: lying db tri extensions rom floor, hammer low row, banded shoulder rotations
all 3 x10

Max rep heavy band push ups: 11 - haven't done this in a while but the last time I only got 5 or 6.

This was a pretty intense workout. Little rest in between complex sets, basically just enough to go from one spot to the next.

Squats tomorrow. Thinking of going 5x8 no heavier than 225. Open to suggestions here though.

CT3

CT3

Awards
  • Established
All of elitefts's videos are pretty good.

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
I bet that was an intense workout! Nice job man