Fitmax Log - Sponsored

soul0wner

soul0wner

Awards
  • Established
Hey all, I want to thank Performax Labs and cubsfan815 for giving me the chance to log this fat burning pre-workout! I am currently cutting, feels like a permacut :( 5'8" 161 pounds, not sure of my bodyfat. Estimates are around 18% though. Looking to drop another 10-15 pounds. Started Jim Wendler's 5/3/1 today, and also got new macros. 1,996 calories 144P/208C/65F. I hit 1,926 cals today and wasn't too hungry at all today. I took one scoop of Fitmax about 20 minutes before my workout, and I have to say it make my stomach very uncomfortable. Hopefully it was just a one time thing, I was still able to bust out my workout. I am doing a 4 day split instead of a 3 day split. Chest/Back/Deadlift/Shoulders with some assistance work on all days.

Today was Chest. My 1RM is 261, week 1 is W/U, 75%x5, 80%x5, 85%x5(Do as many reps as you can on the last set) Compound lifts only, assistance work is 4 sets of 10-20 reps.

Machine Bench Press
160x14
195x5
210x5
222.5x12

Decline DB Bench Press (My lower chest lacks badly, so doing decline instead of flat or incline)
35x17
35x16
35x18
35x17

Rope Pushdown
50x13
50x13
50x10
50x10

Not too much work today, but I'll probably add another exercise to each set next lifting session.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In!

Never had stomach issues with Fitmax myself, so I will be interested to see how it goes going forward.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Also in! And also never had any stomach issues, nor heard of anyone having any yet. Def. interested to see if it persists. Let us know if you have any questions!

soul0wner

soul0wner

Awards
  • Established
Shoulders today, I dosed one scoop into a shaker and sipped on it slowly. I thought it was going to be different today, but nope.. It just took longer for the stomach ache to kick in, although it didn't seem to last post-workout as long today :) Today's workout was totally fasted, minus 4 fish oil pills. I don't think my empty stomach is the culprit for sure, because yesterday I had a quest bar in my stomach when I lifted. :shrugs:

1RM = 213

Machine Shoulder Press
140x13(W/U)
160x5
170x5
180x9

DB Lateral Raise
15x15
15x12
15x12
15x12

DB Upright Row
20x20
25x16
25x14
25x13

DB Curl
20x12
20x10
20x10
20x10

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Are these your first workouts that you've tried fasted?

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok, just trying to figure out what's up with the stomach issues! Is it just sore or like pukey?

soul0wner

soul0wner

Awards
  • Established
Ok, just trying to figure out what's up with the stomach issues! Is it just sore or like pukey?
Puke like, almost like a slight stabbing pain. Weird stuff for sure.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have never had stomach issues either with it, that is odd for sure. You said you had a Quest Bar with one dose and an empty stomach the other time, right? Can you try it with food. Maybe the empty/near empty stomach and caffeine are causing the pains? Stabbing sounds like hunger pains I get .

soul0wner

soul0wner

Awards
  • Established
I have never had stomach issues either with it, that is odd for sure. You said you had a Quest Bar with one dose and an empty stomach the other time, right? Can you try it with food. Maybe the empty/near empty stomach and caffeine are causing the pains? Stabbing sounds like hunger pains I get .
I don't remember seeing caffeine on the label, and I used to take straight caffeine without any issues. Tomorrow is an off day, so we will see on Wednesday.

soul0wner

soul0wner

Awards
  • Established
Also, isn't a quest bar food? Haha

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also, isn't a quest bar food? Haha
I meant something a little more filling that isn't essentially protein powder mixed with fiber powder lol.

I can't hate on Quest Bars. I am addicted to them. I have 3 or 4 a week.

soul0wner

soul0wner

Awards
  • Established
I meant something a little more filling that isn't essentially protein powder mixed with fiber powder lol. I can't hate on Quest Bars. I am addicted to them. I have 3 or 4 a week.
I gotcha buddy, was just giving you a hard time. Sipping on a half a scoop as we speak, we shall see what happens.

soul0wner

soul0wner

Awards
  • Established
I sipped on half of a scoop pre-workout and during my workout and didn't notice any issues today, I also didn't eat before my workout either :)

Deadlift Day

DB Deadlift
30x12 (W/U)
50x5
52.5x5
55x5

Lat Pulldown
100x17
100x15
100x13
100x14

DB Bent Over Row
30x17
30x18
30x15
30x15

Pretty excited with no stomach issues today, I should be using half a scoop from now on for awhile and see how that treats me.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I sipped on half of a scoop pre-workout and during my workout and didn't notice any issues today, I also didn't eat before my workout either :)

Deadlift Day

DB Deadlift
30x12 (W/U)
50x5
52.5x5
55x5

Lat Pulldown
100x17
100x15
100x13
100x14

DB Bent Over Row
30x17
30x18
30x15
30x15

Pretty excited with no stomach issues today, I should be using half a scoop from now on for awhile and see how that treats me.
Any noticeable increase with focus, energy, or thermo effect with a half scoop?

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No, I didn't really feel much of anything. Haha.
If doing a half to see if it gives stomach issues, I would try to take first half scoop, then 30 mins later take the second half so you get more benefit.

soul0wner

soul0wner

Awards
  • Established
If doing a half to see if it gives stomach issues, I would try to take first half scoop, then 30 mins later take the second half so you get more benefit.
Alright, tomorrow I'll try half about a half hour pre-workout and then sip on the other half during the workout.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Alright, tomorrow I'll try half about a half hour pre-workout and then sip on the other half during the workout.
I don't know if taking the other half intra will do too much. You train fasted in the morning, right? I don't know what time you wake up, but I will give you an idea of what I would do.

Wake up - Take 1/2 scoop
Brush teeth, shower, use the bathroom, etc.
Take the second half and head to the gym

Or you could take the second half in your car at the gym or in the locker room.

What is the time frame between you waking and getting to the gym?

You could try intra too, just have to find the right dosing.

soul0wner

soul0wner

Awards
  • Established
I don't know if taking the other half intra will do too much. You train fasted in the morning, right? I don't know what time you wake up, but I will give you an idea of what I would do. Wake up - Take 1/2 scoop Brush teeth, shower, use the bathroom, etc. Take the second half and head to the gym Or you could take the second half in your car at the gym or in the locker room. What is the time frame between you waking and getting to the gym? You could try intra too, just have to find the right dosing.
I work out pretty much fasted after work. Anywhere from 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Are you doing IF or something like it? Looking at your initial post you have your macros listed, but if you're training fasted that late in the afternoon, what are you doing for nutrition during the day if not practicing IF?

soul0wner

soul0wner

Awards
  • Established
Are you doing IF or something like it? Looking at your initial post you have your macros listed, but if you're training fasted that late in the afternoon, what are you doing for nutrition during the day if not practicing IF?
I guess it's not necessarily "fasted" I have one serving of cottage cheese when I wake up at around 4:30 or 6 am, depending on when I work. And have a quest bar on my first break around 9-9:30 am and chug water all day. Close to a gallon, and then train when I get home from work. That's what I'm used to and I don't really get too hungry during the day. And I eat a pretty big and filling salad after I lift.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Have you calculated your tdee or do you watch your macros? I don't see 1900 calories in therr

soul0wner

soul0wner

Awards
  • Established
Have you calculated your tdee or do you watch your macros? I don't see 1900 calories in therr
Nah man, that's not all I eat dude. I hit my macros daily man. I didn't feel like going on and on about what I eat. Just around training times, since that's what you asked about.

soul0wner

soul0wner

Awards
  • Established
I don't get to eat many calories a day, so I'd rather enjoy them at home after work and lifting.. Hence the not eating much all day.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
All good, just trying to help out with the stomach issues

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Late to the party but I'm here now :D

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How goes it in here sir?

soul0wner

soul0wner

Awards
  • Established
Squat Day from 6/14/14

Squat
90x14 (W/U)
195x5
210x5
222.5x5

Leg Extension
50x17
50x18
50x19
50x20

Leg Press
160x15
160x12
160x11

Weight Sit Up
35lb x 10
35lb x 10
35lb x 10
35lb x 10

Felt good at about between 1/2 scoop and a full scoop!

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Squat Day from 6/14/14

Squat
90x14 (W/U)
195x5
210x5
222.5x5

Leg Extension
50x17
50x18
50x19
50x20

Leg Press
160x15
160x12
160x11

Weight Sit Up
35lb x 10
35lb x 10
35lb x 10
35lb x 10

Felt good at about between 1/2 scoop and a full scoop!
Yay stomach issues may have been unrelated. Can't wait till you can hit that 1.5-2 scoop mark so you can sweat like crazy!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Holy hell at those reps for leg extensions. My quads probably would have burst!

soul0wner

soul0wner

Awards
  • Established
Bench Press
160x14 (W/U)
210x3
222.5x3
235x8

Decline DB Press
35x16
35x16
35x17
35x16

Rope Pushdown
50x12
50x12
50x12
50x11

My triceps were fried by the end of this, so the weak numbers on the pushdown. Felt good on a fullish scoop today. I'm down 70 total pounds from a couple of years ago..good stuff!! Hit 159 on Friday morning!

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bench Press
160x14 (W/U)
210x3
222.5x3
235x8

Decline DB Press
35x16
35x16
35x17
35x16

Rope Pushdown
50x12
50x12
50x12
50x11

My triceps were fried by the end of this, so the weak numbers on the pushdown. Felt good on a fullish scoop today. I'm down 70 total pounds from a couple of years ago..good stuff!! Hit 159 on Friday morning!

I love the feeling of pumped wrecked tris, especially when it's hard to even wash. hair
Nice work on dropping the body weight also.

soul0wner

soul0wner

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys! It's been a long ass journey, and I can't wait to start bulking. I carry all of my mass in my arms, and it looks bad with a tiny ass chest. I can't seem to lose the midsection, only thing stopping me from starting a bulk :(

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks guys! It's been a long ass journey, and I can't wait to start bulking. I carry all of my mass in my arms, and it looks bad with a tiny ass chest. I can't seem to lose the midsection, only thing stopping me from starting a bulk :(
I've been hitting chest twice a routine week and have been incorporating a lot of GVT work and have really increased the size and "shape" of mine, and as you know abs come diet

soul0wner

soul0wner

Awards
  • Established
I've been hitting chest twice a routine week and have been incorporating a lot of GVT work and have really increased the size and "shape" of mine, and as you know abs come diet
Yeah buddy, I can see the top 2 and I'm getting the sides of the next 2 to pop out sometimes. I plan on being ready by the end of July or mid august to start bulking up.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice work on the workout and the weight loss. Glad the fitmax isn't causing any stomach concerns for you lately!

soul0wner

soul0wner

Awards
  • Established
1 scoop down, no issues.. Shoulder Day

Shoulder Press
90x17 (W/U)
170x3
180x3
190x3

DB Lateral Raise
15x15
15x12
15x12
15x12

DB Upright Row
25x17
25x14
25x14
25x14

DB Curl
20x13
20x11
20x10
20x10

Super shaky arms typing this out... Feels good mane! I'm down another .4 pounds even though it doesn't look like it, ha! Damn stomach pouch!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
1 scoop and you're shaky, I envy you!! I wish I could get away with less stims.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think he's shaky from all that arm volume!

soul0wner

soul0wner

Awards
  • Established
I'm thinking of carb cycling on my off days. I'm at 200 for my lifting days, I'm thinking of trying to do 100-150 grams of carbs and upping my fats from 65g to maybe like 70 or 75g?

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm thinking of carb cycling on my off days. I'm at 200 for my lifting days, I'm thinking of trying to do 100-150 grams of carbs and upping my fats from 65g to maybe like 70 or 75g?
I've done something like that in the past, If I remember Correctly I dropped them to around 50 two days a week (off days)

soul0wner

soul0wner

Awards
  • Established
I've done something like that in the past, If I remember Correctly I dropped them to around 50 two days a week (off days)
Damn man, that's a bit too low for me. I'd be eating like 150 grams of fat!