Getting big and Lean with Anabeta/X-gels/Alphamax and more

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Hey all! This will be my first log on the AM forums and I am excited to get it underway! So excited, infact, that I am not even starting it til tomorrow but wanted to get all the details and plans up in case there is any additional questions/concerns/thoughts!

Lets get right into the details

Name:Ryan
Experiences with any one of these products: none (although I used OG Erase with arimistane before)
Lifting Experience: 7 years.
Supplementation Experience: A lot. just about all the basics and then some, now branching out to the bigger and better side. no ph/ds

Height 6ft
Weight ??? I wanna say about 235ish. havent weighed myself in a while though

Max lifts
Bench 285 (estimated max for this lifting cycle 305)
Squat 405 (estimated max for this lifting cycle 410) coming off a pulled hamstring in february, its still pretty tight!
Deadlift 495
Clean 275 (was a power clean with crap form) full cleaned 245 before. (estimated max for this lifting cycle 280)
Snatch 205
Curl: 0 ;) I rarely work biceps directly so if I do, itll be a treat!

Lifting program I will be running is a sort of modified PHAT/Westside Barbell routine given to me that goes 4 days/wk. I dont do my own programming and Ill leave it at that (any questions feel free to DM). The name of the program is 5% Its a nine week program and I will be starting the log on Week 2. just had a 2 week off segment followed by week 1 last week and it killed me. I was so sore... Anyway the premise behind this is working with a lot of percents and low reps, and then finishing the workout with hypertrophy exercises. The goal is that by week 9 (max out week) you add 5% to the max of whatever 3 exercises you focused on. Infact the last week isnt really a max out week, you are required to attempt 105% OR 102% of your max as a working set!

So the goal here is a bulk/recomp, If I could be 235lbs and a lot more solid. I would take that in a heartbeat. But if I gain some weight and end up around 240 as long as Im quite a bit stronger, faster, and well, bigger :) The diet is gonna be a progressive bulk diet though. SO I have enough stuff to cover 8 weeks (and then some with the ARA). because the weights are heavier in later weeks the diet will look like this
Week 1-2 3250kcal
Week 3-4 3500kcal
Week 5-6 3750kcal
Week 7-8 4000kcal
Week 8-end 3500-4k

When I begin the new lifting program I dont know what to expect as far as volume, So I dont know how much food Ill need to consume to make gainzzzzz

Im doing a IIFYM diet, that will be "cleaned up" I dont feel like getting into the argue/debate over clean eating etc. but I will enjoy the occasional brownie or going out to eat as long as it fits the macros. A lot of chicken, turkey an beef will be consumed. along with copious amounts of fruit and rice. Ill try and post my MyFitnessPal post at the end of the day when I log so you get an estimate of what I consumed calorie wise!

Now for the supps....

I also have a bottle of slinsane I will be running for the last 4 weeks and I have some HMB i dont know what to do with. any suggestions?!

SO heres how I will be dosing all these beauties throughout the log:

Alphamax 4caps/day: 2 caps upon waking (either with or without food) and 2 caps immediately before bed, probably on an empty stomach
Anabeta 4 caps/day: 2 caps with my last meal before my workout and 2 caps with my postworkout shake (50-70 protein +carbs) or my post workout meal (usually 15-45min post workout) I usually do 3 scoops of whatever protein im taking in 16oz of water, just because I know I eat at weird times so Id like to get the protein in!
X-Gels Going to start dosing at 4 caps ~30min Pre-Workout with my preworkout drink I will bump up to 5-6 caps a day if I feel like its working great or not enough etc. Ill play around with the dosing possibly after the first 15 workout days.
ALCAR 2g/4caps with my X-gels pre workout
Glycergrow 2-2.5 Scoops with whatever preworkout powder im using about 15min pre workout. just gonna scoop it in my mouth.

IF I throw anything else in I will make sure to let you know. I will also be using creatine protein powders, no NSAID products. and various preworkouts (if you wanna know what im taking just ask :) ).

Thats really All I can think to post right now! Ill be updating with pics tonight/tomorrow morning of my body relaxed etc. Hoping to make the next 8-12 weeks amazing!

Any other questions just ask!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Good morning all today is officially day 1 of the log! Popped two Alphamax caps this morning on an empty stomach and about to eat some breakfast in a few! Ill be posting an update every night of the workout and supps taken/the timing!as well as my calories for the day!

Also ill be posting the body pics tonight taken this morning. Im not sure of the weight but that makes it easier to tell a difference in the mirror!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In.

I'd save the HMB and SlinSane for later. Nice little combo so I'm interested to see your results. Interested in the programming too.

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
In.

I'd save the HMB and SlinSane for later. Nice little combo so I'm interested to see your results. Interested in the programming too.
Welcome aboard! Good call i may save it for the month after I finish this :D depending how much fat I gain IF any ;)

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In!

Let me know if you have any Alphamax questions

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Hey all just another quick update! Gonna be working out at about 5-530 so I just popped 2 anabeta with my meal of 10oz of ground turkey (93/7) and half a bell pepper! my workout should last until about 645-7 and so I will be taking my other two anabeta caps with my post workout shake. its 2 scoops of VPX Syngex and 1 scoop of Gaspari's Myofusion Probiotic. roughly 65g protein 15g carbs and 5g fat!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'll be following. I started my X-Gels/Alphamax stack last Sunday. I suffered a little injury, but I'm working around it.

Do you try to mix your Glycergrow with water or just take it straight?

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Good evening everyone! Checking in tonight with my evening update and workout and thoughts from the first day on the stack! Lets dive right into it.

Dosing for everything was as followed
2 Alphamax at 8am
2 anabeta at 330 with protein/fat meal
2 anabeta post workout with protein shake and big bowl of cereal
2g ALCAR 20min pre workout
4 X-Gels 20min pre workout
2.5 scoops GLycergrow 20min pre workout
and I will be taking 2 more caps of Alphamax before bed!

So idiot me today did not pack any carbs to eat... going into the workout the only carbs I consumed was from 3/4 of an orange bell pepper. so todays workout was absolutely terrible :( I misse tons of reps could barely power through chest exercises and everything was an all around mess. If im not too sore im consdiering trying heavy bench again on thursday... not to mention I kept getting hamstring cramps. looks like ill be forcing myself to drink a lot more water... so lets get into the workout!

Bench Press@80% of max
45x4
135x4
185x3
225x1 pause
Working sets
245x4
245x4
245x3.5
245x2 plus 2 more spotted reps
Humbled here even though i hit 245 for 6x3 last week I knew that stress and lack of carbs were getting to me
225x3+1
225x3+1

SO the plan here was 6x4@80% which would be 245lbs obviously that didnt happen but given that today I consumed 15g carbs up to that point, I was happy that I could even do that. Im disappointed in myself for not preparing myself better though...

Dumbbell Bench Press
65x5
65x5
65x4.5

Again extremely disappointed here as I got 75s for 5 last week

Dips
bwx3
bwx5 (started to get really dizzy)
bwx3

Hip Bridges (with shoulder blades on back and barbell across your waist)
95x8
95x8
95x8

Little backstory here, as I said earlier i pulled my hamstring and february and have been working to heal it up. Well because im so tight in the hamstrings, any sort of glute activation bridge or whatever leaves me cramping hardcore, which is why my first set was terrible. next two sets went ok though.

Glute ham raises
bwx8 (again problems cramping had to take a break after 4)
bwx8
bwx8

Last two sets went much better.

Well after my first day id like to say that I am pooped. I cant really say much about the products besides the fact that the chest exercises had me pretty pumped! I will be posting the my fitness pal pic tonight on what I consumed (calorie etc wise) Immediately post workout i had that protein shake along with a hige bowl of honey comb with 24oz of milk, good for 150g carbs. I still have roughly 120 left along with 80g protein so we will see what I can do with that tonight. I think, just to be safe, Im going to get some chocolate milk and bring it in to work just in case, or have some sort of extra carb source just in case. I completely forgot to make rice (which Ill be doing tonight) and assumed that I had some carbs at work.

Note to self: meal prep better as this wasnt the best start to the log. but its a learning experience, and Ill be damned if I f*ck up the rest of this log because of poor planning!

Tomorrows workout doesnt have much heavy work. mainly accy work with some jump squats as my main lift. Looking to get after it right away and keep building the rest of the week!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
I'll be following. I started my X-Gels/Alphamax stack last Sunday. I suffered a little injury, but I'm working around it.

Do you try to mix your Glycergrow with water or just take it straight?
hey man thanks for following along! Ah an injury? where at? it seems like anytime I start logging a product I end up with a stupid injury *knocked on wood* wishing you back to health!

I didnt try to mix it with water, I heard some things about it and decided I would just take a scoop and chase it with my preworkout drink. That was prolly the best option and i understood why. I put it in my mouth then added water and it was like I had a mouthful of sand. nothing dissolved, then again GMS is a fat not a carbohydrate... :D

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Doesn't appear I can delete posts on my phone.. So refer to the next post due to my mistake :D

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established

Good evening everyone! Just finished my meals off and took 2 more alpha max caps, I'm so full :( life's gonna be rough getting up there past 3500cal. Especially when I couldn't even hit 3k today :( gonna try harder tomorrow!

Goodnight everyone!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Good morning all, another day to get better!

Wanted to start out by saying I got hardly any quality sleep last night. I woke up every 2-3 hours with either a calf cramp or i felt hungry and needed to eat. Never been that bad before. I attribute it to the amount of stress I had yesterday and look forward to getting much better sleep in the upcoming future!

Wanted to start out by saying the DOMS aren't too bad today but I can definitely feel my chest being sore and tight. also my left hamstring is pretty sore where I had the injury months ago, probably because that was the area it was cramping in! Devoted myself to eat >140g carbs before the workout and drink at least 64oz of water. I got some of that flavored sparkling water from walmart that ill be pounding today. for whatever reason I just like the flavor when it is flat so I shook it up :p

Looking to kill this workout today, get in and out and get some solid accessory lifts in as well. I plan on grilling out some steak and chicken tonight so ill have to post a few pics :D Also I have my body shots from yesterday I will be posting this evening!

Supp update. 2 Alphamax were taken on an empty stomach at about 8:30 this morning. Feeling slightly more stress free overall so Im happy to be back on track!

SONG OF THE DAY
[video=youtube;2GADx4Hy-Gg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GADx4Hy-Gg[/video]

Been diggin this lately!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I want to give hip bridges a try. They look like they'll blow the hamstrings up!

On Saturday, I was doing RDL and felt a pop on the outside of my left hamstring. I dropped the weight. I did not do anything else for hamstrings that day, I just did some leg presses and extensions with some cardio at the end. There was slight swelling and I had a limp in my step for a few hours. I was able to do my normal cardio the next day at the same pace I normally would. My ROM increased too. I was able to do rack pulls yesterday at a heavier weight than last week. And I did my hypertrophy leg day today and was able to use slightly heavier weights than last week. I still feel some tightness though. But everyday it is getting better, so I have no idea what I did.

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
I want to give hip bridges a try. They look like they'll blow the hamstrings up!

On Saturday, I was doing RDL and felt a pop on the outside of my left hamstring. I dropped the weight. I did not do anything else for hamstrings that day, I just did some leg presses and extensions with some cardio at the end. There was slight swelling and I had a limp in my step for a few hours. I was able to do my normal cardio the next day at the same pace I normally would. My ROM increased too. I was able to do rack pulls yesterday at a heavier weight than last week. And I did my hypertrophy leg day today and was able to use slightly heavier weights than last week. I still feel some tightness though. But everyday it is getting better, so I have no idea what I did.
theyre amazing for glutes and hamstrings, 6 reps burns the chit outta you. make sure you use a ***** pad though... otherwise the bar always rubs my hip flexors funny and pinches a nerve which results in some serious pain/numbness haha

AH we were in the same boat i partially tore my left hammy doing sprints in feb. And sometimes when I stretch mine will pop as well, from what I was told by the AT staff, and some personal research, is the pop may be a tear in actual scar tissue rather than the muscle itself. For instance when I wake up in the morning I do my normal big stretch like everyone does, and my hamstring pops. it never fails. but I walk around just fine right after it. It sounds like either it was just some sort of scar tissue pop or a very very mild strain. ALl the best to you though! Its been 4 months and mine is still tight as hell

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Good evening everyone, typing this as I finish cooking up the last of my chicken. hoping the 4lb package I got yields me at least 36oz... Anyway, a solid workout nonetheless today! Stress levels are dropping too thank god, long story short, I have a pretty crazy aunt, who is medically diagnosed with medical issues, she is my god mother as well and was just recently diagnosed. She essentially disowned my whole family (which is plenty, I have 9aunts and uncles on one side) and closed the bank account she opened for me which I had personally put money into, as well as shut off my iphone which she paid the monthly bill for (because of good grades) She essentially just FLIPPED. so Ive been running around trying to get money back and find a phone plan!

All this aside I was really dialed in for my workout today, so lets get into everything like yesterday. ENough drama, its time to work.

Macros will be posted later tonight again once I finish up!

Dosing protocol today
2Alphamax upon waking 2 will be taken before bed
2 Anabeta elite taken with a carb meal at 330 last two will be taken when this chicken finishes :)
4 X-Gels taken 30min pre workout
4 ALCAR taken 30min pre
2.5 Scoops GLycergrow consumed with my preworkout drink.

I like this dosing schedule through the first two days. very convenient.

Now on to the workout!!

Jump Squats 8x3 @45% of max squat
45x2
95x2
135x2
165x2
180x3
180x3
180x3
180x3
180x3
180x3
180x3
180x3

I was very happy with these and i consider it a PR. your basic half squat squat then jump! hamstring held up great!

Assited Band Pull up Used the 2nd largest band on a scale of 1-5 5 being the biggest 1 being the smallest, this is how I will keep track of progress!
3 reps without a band
8reps with band
7 reps with band
8 reps with band

Lat Pull Down
120x8
140x8
140x8

Seated Cable Row
150x8
170x8
180x8

weighted side planks
2 sets of 30 seconds on each side holding a 20lb dumbbell overhead

handing straight leg raises (slight momentum used, not my intent :p
3 sets of 10

Also after did some quick clean and jerks with just the bar, working on my hip drive. A few years back I had herniated my L1 and L2 discs catching a powerclean because my back bent not at my lower lumbar vertebrae, and because I already had/have lordosis, I have to focus on arching my lower back when performing lifts. otherwise, it bends in the middle rather than where a normal arch should be. IF THAT MAKES SENSE, SO anyway, I tried focusing on pulling the bar up rather than falling back, because thats where I feel the pinch in my spine! Worked on a few things and Im ready to get my cleans in tomorrow. maybe ill get a video!

All in all the workout felt much better than yesterdays. DOMS in the chest are a bit painful today but it was expected. Hopefully my legs are a little fresher tomorrow. I did some rolling out and light stretching of the hamstrings.

Just finished eating so Im going to go ahead and call er a night. about to take my alphamax!

The past two nights havent gave me a good nights rest so hoping the alphamax kicks in a bit! Again that can be attributed to stress probably. but I have noticed a bit more aggressiveness/rage ;)

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Macros for the day! Struggled again with carbs... Some days it's easy other days I feel like it's impossible to achieve my goal... I'm trying to do this as "clean" as possible but I feel like I'm gonna have to resort to whole milk/chocolate milk and gummy worms pre workout!

Also on a side note. I forgot if I took my alphamax tonight, pretty sure I didn't, so I took two caps just now.... Well I got OCD about i and counted all the pills expecting 112 left but I have 115... So thanks for the 3 extra caps Performax :D

raz_kaz248

Awards
sucks about the drama, but great workout.

Do what I do with taking lots of pills, make little baggies ahead of time or get one of those vitamin chests things.

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
sucks about the drama, but great workout. Do what I do with taking lots of pills, make little baggies ahead of time or get one of those vitamin chests things.
thanks man, and yeah I just found an old vitamin container that I'm going to use, I basically did the little baggy thing for when I was on the go :p

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would try to get some more fiber too. What are your carb sources? Are you having trouble with your carb hitting or goal or over shooting it?I did lying legs yesterday, light ones. I noticed if I went too far down and then contracted, I would feel a pop. It didn't hurt though. When I felt it, I recalled feeling it before doing lying leg curls. So, I don't know if it is scar tissue like you said or if I have tendinitis in that area. My ROM is prefect today. I have my heavy leg day Saturday. I MIGHT try RDL 4-6 rep range and work on my form or I may just wait until next week.I do not think it is the muscle because I can still sprint, do presses, and squats. At the time, only direct work was bothering it.

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
I would try to get some more fiber too. What are your carb sources? Are you having trouble with your carb hitting or goal or over shooting it?I did lying legs yesterday, light ones. I noticed if I went too far down and then contracted, I would feel a pop. It didn't hurt though. When I felt it, I recalled feeling it before doing lying leg curls. So, I don't know if it is scar tissue like you said or if I have tendinitis in that area. My ROM is prefect today. I have my heavy leg day Saturday. I MIGHT try RDL 4-6 rep range and work on my form or I may just wait until next week.I do not think it is the muscle because I can still sprint, do presses, and squats. At the time, only direct work was bothering it.
Basically my carbs are coming from juices/sauces/ tonight I at least had some beans, but lately its been fruit veggies, milk and cereal! Once I get paid next week Ill be picking up some more stuff to hit my carb goal.. as long as I hit my protein goal Im happy but fat has been lacking and so has carbs. back to the cereal grind!

As far as your hamstring goes I definitely think it may be a tendinitis issue or something along those lines. which sucks considering youre using x-gels and its hard to take joint support at the same time :p The good news is, theres no pain so the chance of there being a tear is slim to none! :D

Good evening everyone! Let me start out by saying today was a much better workout than I expected and Im actually very happy with the results. despite this stupid pain in my left hamstring from the cramps, I managed to make it through the everything A-OK. I did sit on a lacrosse ball a bit and go through range of motion stuff throughout the day and after and dam did that hurt. Hoping that i broke up a bit of the problem, although right after I roll around on it, im pain free. then about 15min after the pain comes back, but it doesnt hurt when I pull and didnt hurt when I squated. so hopefully tomorrow it holds up for 6x4 squats!!

Lets get into dosing and the workout from today!

2 Alphamax upon waking at 830 AM 2 will be taken at 1030 as I head to bed
2 Anabeta taken with my pre workout meal at 3 which was 10oz of chicken and a bowl of cereal with mandarin oranges 2 taken with my dinner meal at about 8. steak and a protein shake.
4 X-gels taken 15min pre workout
4 ALCAR taken 15 min pre workout
2.5 scoops glycergrow taken 15min pre workout

Workout time
Warm up on the eliptical for 2.5min and bike for 2.5min

Power Cleans (no straps all from the ground) 4x3@80%
45x5
95x2
135x2
185x2
205x1
225x3
225x3
225x3
225x3
135x2 full clean after just to see how the legs feel.

Once the weights start jumping again I may be forced into catching these in a squat, itll be a positive considering Im supposed to just "do what I can to get them" rather than focus on proper form and technique. my overall form looks better though so its promising looking ahead to the heavier cleans

Power Jerks
45x3
95x3
135x5
155x5
165x5
Also on these im really focusing on form, mobility, and proper jerk form, I can really feel it in my rotator cuff especially my subscapularis because im not use to having my elbows as high as I do. Hopefully this helps me shelve the weight better on my cleans!

Romanian Deadlifts
135x8
155x8
165x8

Did these light and got a good feel in my glutes, wanted to make sure my hamstring was still ok while I finished!

"Trapi's
135x6
135x6
135x6
135x6
Dmitry Klokov basically came up with these himself. you are essentially doing a snatchpull/upright row from your waist using a snatch grip
great trap builder.
[video=youtube;LuRO3J7c_z8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuRO3J7c_z8[/video]

Weighted toe touches
3x12 with a 25lb plate.

These are just putting your legs up in the air and holding the plate straight up trying to touch them.

So that was the workout, I did a little rolling out after. and the ham string is still sore but whatevs I guessssssssss

Looking to hit heavy squats tomorrow and be absolutely dead by the time I leave! macros incoming soon!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established

Macros for today! Very pleased with this :) fat is a little low but that's ok. Just need some peanut butter ;) very happy with how carbs went and my bad with the protein! It's week one so I'm still positive and happy with how things were going. Eating a little ice cream right now to end the night!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That trap movement looks pretty good. I might have to give it a shot. What kind of cereal have you been eating?

raz_kaz248

Awards
been doing snatch grip high pulls from hang for a bit now...love it!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
That trap movement looks pretty good. I might have to give it a shot. What kind of cereal have you been eating?
He swings it quite a bit but hes used to it i guess, just throw on some straps with 135 or something and it makes you crazy sore the next day.

As far as cereal goes, I just get whatever Im feeling when I grocery shop (poor college kid checking in) I usually get the big industrial sized bags of whatever. Currently finishing off some honeycomb and cocoa pebbles. I would like to try some fiber one or at least special k, but im sick and tired of seeing "soy protein and soy protein crisps" in 95% of the cereals..

Since my multi quote isnt working..
raz ive been alternating them with cable upright rows lately. I basically try to pull the cable/handle up past my head. Im not a fan of supplementing cable lifts for olympic lifting but it hits my traps really well.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
He swings it quite a bit but hes used to it i guess, just throw on some straps with 135 or something and it makes you crazy sore the next day.As far as cereal goes, I just get whatever Im feeling when I grocery shop (poor college kid checking in) I usually get the big industrial sized bags of whatever. Currently finishing off some honeycomb and cocoa pebbles. I would like to try some fiber one or at least special k, but im sick and tired of seeing "soy protein and soy protein crisps" in 95% of the cereals..Since my multi quote isnt working.. raz ive been alternating them with cable upright rows lately. I basically try to pull the cable/handle up past my head. Im not a fan of supplementing cable lifts for olympic lifting but it hits my traps really well.
I have the Original Fiber One on hand. It is good to take a handful or so to get that fiber in. Any cereal, granola bar, cereal bar, etc. that is "high protein" contains some type of soy. But soy here and there will not do anything negative to your physique. It is good to get different types of protein in due to different amino makeups. I've been killing Lucky Charms for a few weeks now! I work at BJ's Wholesale Club and last month, they had an in store coupon for Lucky Charms and I had a manufacturers coupon. I think the BJ's one was $2.50 or $3 and the other one was for .$50. I ended up paying ~$3.50 for two family sized boxes of Lucky Charms. I always look for bargains like that since I am also a poor college student :( one more year!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
I have the Original Fiber One on hand. It is good to take a handful or so to get that fiber in. Any cereal, granola bar, cereal bar, etc. that is "high protein" contains some type of soy. But soy here and there will not do anything negative to your physique. It is good to get different types of protein in due to different amino makeups. I've been killing Lucky Charms for a few weeks now! I work at BJ's Wholesale Club and last month, they had an in store coupon for Lucky Charms and I had a manufacturers coupon. I think the BJ's one was $2.50 or $3 and the other one was for .$50. I ended up paying ~$3.50 for two family sized boxes of Lucky Charms. I always look for bargains like that since I am also a poor college student :( one more year!
I was considering hopping on the metamucil train.... ;) or whatever, Ill see what I can do, either that or once I pick up some decent groceries Ill get some higher fiber bread.

AHhh must be nice to get stuff like that pretty cheap. I have a few friends who have farms so I get a lot of eggs for dirt cheap from him. and I try and have at least one 3 different types of meat per week to switch things up. tilapia is just killing me lately, so i had tuna, top round steak and chicken this week. then obviously whey and casein from milk and dairy.

Whats your major? Kinesiology? as most of us are... I went the physical Education route So ill be in school for 2 more years and then student teaching probably!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I grauated in May as a History major. Now, I have this next year for my secondary education degree, my concentration is in social studies. I passed my Praxis II test already. I have 4 classes in the fall and student teaching in the spring!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Awesome man! Congrats! Im so worried about this portfolio thing I have to submit through the college.. its all online now and they did a piss poor job explaining how to use it... Praxis II in 1.5 years for me!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Good evening all! Today was another struggle all around. Had so many issues at work with stupid customers and other employees not taking care of their customers. In short, I work at the same place as my mom and stepdad do, and my mother is my manager, well anything I do wrong because she is my mother, I get "tattled on" or they act like im completely incompetent because I work with my mother... I cannot wait to find a new job. I really would like to work at a GNC or vitamin shop or something along those lines and its always been a bit of a dream to be a company rep for a while so I get some experience there!

Well enough about the day lets get into the subpar workout....

Again for the 2nd straight week I could not finish my squats because of issues with cramping/tightness. you havent' died and seen the other side until you experience a quad cramp oh lord. So im gonna go ahead and replay the first week in my head and explain why I believe the weightroom was not my place. And of course, how i will improve my next weeks to start kicking ass again because honestly Ive hit 8x3 at heavier than what I have today without an issue. ok so here we go

I took 2 weeks off completely from lifting about a month ago, this is my 2nd week back. I worked which means a lot of sitting down, not much moving, pretty low key. I ate pretty shotty that didnt help. okay so moving on to last week. I did squats monday and got cramps and felt tightness. but it was my first week back so i expected a little set back, no biggy i moved on because I hit good numbers on my bench. so the week overall went ok, I hit all my numbers with the exception of the squat. perfect. I come in this week with a new supplement regimen.

I was so focused on eating properly and cleaning things up this week, that I lacked all other important aspects. like staying active at work and not sitting for 5 hours. not drinking enough water. and obviously when it came to lifting, knowing when enough is enough and moving on. Also I moved around a few things on my lifting schedule and really stacked up friday. thats going to change in this upcoming week. SO here is my solutions to the problems

1. Stay on my feet, do more at work.
2 16oz of water will be drank every hour. even if I have to force myself. looking back I only use the restroom maybe twice when im at work to pee.. and I drink 48oz at the most.
3 DRINK WATER PRE WORKOUT LIKE ITS MY J-O-B. Im cramping like crazy because im not drinking enough water with glycergrow and the rest of the supps! Especially glycergrow, you need to drink AT LEAST 16oz with that!! thats my problem!
4 warm up properly rollout and get my mind right
5 bring headphones. I need to be a lot more intense than I am.
6 Lastly meal prep better and EAT MY F*CKING carbs idk why im afraid of them, like Im afraid to get bloated and fatter. someone, anyone JUST YELL AT ME AND TELL ME TO STUFF MY FACE WITH QUALITY CARBS PRE WORKOUT.

thank you. I need you guys to help me out!

I also may bump up the carbs to over 300 per day.

Dosing for today

2 Alphamax upon waking 2 taken right before bed
2 Anabeta taken at 3pm with a meal, 2 taken with the alphamax before bed
4 X-Gels 30min Preworkout
4 ALCAR 30min pre
2.5 scoops glycergrow 30min pre

Lets get into the workout.

Back Squat 6x4 @80%
135x3
185x2
225x1
275x2
315x1
325x4
325x4
325x4
325x4
325x4
325x0 as stated early I basically got under the bar and tried to unrack it and i started locking up.... I struggled through that since the 3rd set but I knew it was a good way to tear something so i stopped

Speed bench

Wasnt very speedy because I was still sore from bench on monday
135x3
185x1
195x3
195x3
195x3
195x3
195x3
195x3
195x3

Didnt attempt the 8th set. on my 2nd rep of my 5th set my left pec really felt sore and was starting to pull so I didnt want to injure that too, its still a little tight but these next days are going to help it immensely.

dumbbell curls
25x10
25x10
30x10

Skull Crushers
50lbs on the ez bar (idk what the ez bar weighs)
70lbs on the ez bar
70lbs on the ez bar

one arm rear delt flye
25x8
25x8
25x8

some stretching and I was out

Not focused on macros these next few days, as bad as it sounds, Im just gonna eat everything in sight and try to recover. essentially thats how im going to start next week too, also going to try and start drinking a lot more water tomorrow. Maybe ill get some crystal light packets, but I will be at least 96oz in by the time im done with work. Hey, water still counts if its mixed with crystal light right? ;)

No macros tonight as im above my protein goal so im just gonna eat whatever I find in the fridge. :D

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How did i miss this great log :D I love the detail with nutrition and workout description. Interesting split, but you're putting up nice numbers brother. Definitely subbed!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
How did i miss this great log :D I love the detail with nutrition and workout description. Interesting split, but you're putting up nice numbers brother. Definitely subbed!
Ayyy thanks for following along man! Next week is going to be great. much better than this week!!!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Hey all, good afternoon! Off from the gym today and its a much needed recover weekend. Focusing on chugging water today and Ill only be supplementing with the Anabeta and ALphaMAX! Quads and hammies are very sore along with the chest. ill have a rough estimate macro breakdown at the end of the day but im not too concerned with it this weekend! Good news is I got a little money to go get some decent groceries finally!

Hoping everyone has a great start to their weekend as well

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
EAT YOU DAMN CARBS, THROW!!! :p

Don't be scared of carbs. They are your friend, especially with your goals and the stuff you're using. Personally, I like to split my carbs 50/50, roughly. If I train the the afternoon, I try ti get 50% of my carbs pre workout in however many meals I need and the other 50% post workout. If I train in the morning, I try to do the same, but I don't like to eat heavily pre workout so it is more like 30/70. If you are concerned about carbs, I could link you to a good article about carb cycling. I love this approach of eating. Also, keep in mind, you could eat no carbs and all protein, if you're eating more than you're burning, you'll become a fatty no matter what the source of food you eat.

As far as water goes, try this: buy a liter bottle. As soon as you wake up, chug that thing. I was watching a video with Evan Centaponi and he advises doing this for a few reasons. Most people, start cutting water out at night so they are not up all night using the bathroom and since most people sleep through the night or do not consume water during the night, they are somewhat dehydrated. Chugging that liter helps people get hydrated first thing in the morning.

Lastly, do not apply to GNC. I don't know if you know, but they work on commission. A commission job can be tough and they want you to push their products and other products they you may not like and know are trash. Also, whenever I go into my local GNC, they jump down my throat, because they work on commission and want a sale. The Vitamin Shoppee is a lot more chill from what I have seen. I filled out an app there a while ago and they actually called me yesterday to interview, but I am getting more hours at my current job and do not want to work non stop during my break, I would like a little time to myself!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Good morning all! Sorry for the lack of posts last night, basically life happened, had a little get together with the family and girlfriend and cooked out, watched movies and ko'd early. I kept a myfitnesspal log for most of the day but in the end I didnt track stuff :(

Overall, I was probabloy aronud 275g protein, 340-360g carbs and 100-140g fat. SO lets call it a refeed. back on the tracking today!

ANYHOW,
dosing for yesterday was.....
2Alphamax upon waking and two right before bed (with ice cream ;) )
2 anabeta with my big meal for lunch and 2 taken right before bed, with my supper/ice cream :)

Just wanted to clear that stuff up. Gonna give a week one review tomorrow as well just my thoughts on the product overall! I felt bad I didnt post last night so I had to post right away this morning :)

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
EAT YOU DAMN CARBS, THROW!!! :p

Don't be scared of carbs. They are your friend, especially with your goals and the stuff you're using. Personally, I like to split my carbs 50/50, roughly. If I train the the afternoon, I try ti get 50% of my carbs pre workout in however many meals I need and the other 50% post workout. If I train in the morning, I try to do the same, but I don't like to eat heavily pre workout so it is more like 30/70. If you are concerned about carbs, I could link you to a good article about carb cycling. I love this approach of eating. Also, keep in mind, you could eat no carbs and all protein, if you're eating more than you're burning, you'll become a fatty no matter what the source of food you eat.

As far as water goes, try this: buy a liter bottle. As soon as you wake up, chug that thing. I was watching a video with Evan Centaponi and he advises doing this for a few reasons. Most people, start cutting water out at night so they are not up all night using the bathroom and since most people sleep through the night or do not consume water during the night, they are somewhat dehydrated. Chugging that liter helps people get hydrated first thing in the morning.

Lastly, do not apply to GNC. I don't know if you know, but they work on commission. A commission job can be tough and they want you to push their products and other products they you may not like and know are trash. Also, whenever I go into my local GNC, they jump down my throat, because they work on commission and want a sale. The Vitamin Shoppee is a lot more chill from what I have seen. I filled out an app there a while ago and they actually called me yesterday to interview, but I am getting more hours at my current job and do not want to work non stop during my break, I would like a little time to myself!
Thanks Ant ;) Now do that everyday please ;) I used to carb cycle BUT I found that on programs where I was trying to build strength, it affected me mentally and physically. LAst summer I tried it and ended up losing quite a bit of weight, but my strength declined as well. I cycled between 75-150g and then had a refeed day. I probably wasnt doing it right but I just need to make sure im doing about 70-30 because im working out at 5pm every night. The problem is I KNOW I need them, and I love them! the issue is if I feel bloated or just heavy because of too many carbs I just feel like crap. I used to be 260lbs (9th grade) managed to drop down to 198 my frosh year of college with a decent diet, and now im working my way back to 235-240 but more solid, so thank god i dont have a scale because id be spazzing out over my weight on the daily :( SO from here on out im going to be trusting in the supplements to help me, and I will hit my numbers!!!

As for water, dont even get me started. I just go full potato sometimes. I started doing that with a 16oz bottle after reading that same article. right now im working on 16oz bottle every hour-hour and a half, and its been working. I peed like 9000 times yesterday BUT i managed 112oz of water . so theres that!

I heard GNC members work off commission which sucks but thats a job I would really like to have, as a supplement retailer, I feel itd help me out quite a bit actually! Ill see if I can find a local nutrition shop and start there. My job right now isnt the greatest but i just got a raise to $9.00/hr after 7 years of service at the place...

Little reminders everyday are the reason I keep going! Thanks a ton man I appreciate it!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Quick question for anyone who wants to chime in with regards to anabeta. so im going to dose it 4 caps with 4 meals on off days. Does it matter the spacing between the meals/caps? Just wondering because I ate 11oz of steak at about 10:30 and took 1 cap and now eating a half a cheese steak at 12. i took another cap with this meal as well.

Just curious!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You might get responses to your question if you post it in the main supplement section. I have not use AB, otherwise I would comment on it.

I am going to link you to the carb cycling article I refer to. I do not follow it to a T, but somewhat close. I do 2 high days, 3 medium days, and 2 low days. My low days are 184 carbs at ~150 lbs. The article gives a breakdown for bulking and cutting.

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/the_carb_cycling_codex

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
You might get responses to your question if you post it in the main supplement section. I have not use AB, otherwise I would comment on it.

I am going to link you to the carb cycling article I refer to. I do not follow it to a T, but somewhat close. I do 2 high days, 3 medium days, and 2 low days. My low days are 184 carbs at ~150 lbs. The article gives a breakdown for bulking and cutting.

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/the_carb_cycling_codex
Ill have to throw that up, im sure its been answered before, Ill just have to do some searching, thanks for the article btw i appreciate it a ton, Ill be reading that tomorrow and trying to figure out the best way to approach this bulk for optimum results! Ill come to you if I have any questions ;)

Good evening all! Another low key non lifting day that consisted of me working, eating, and remodeling basically my whole room with my girlfriend.. shes a home designer sooooo this happens a lot!

Again kept my macros until she brought over some food from her cousins graduation party, overall I ended up with 268g protein 366g carbs and 114g fat. another good recover day for me hitting way above my numbers.

SO with that being said dosing was as followed.

2 alphamax caps upon waking and 2 caps taken at 1045 with some juice
1 anabeta taken at 10am with breakfast (11oz steak)
1 taken at lunch with half a philly cheese steak
1 taken with a huge dinner (2 pulled pork sandwiches some pasta salad, some whipped fruit salad, and some cupcakes :D )
1 taken with the 2 alphamax before bed with 8oz of cran/apple juice.

heading to bed with some good meal prep under my belt and a bunch of carbs ready for next week (ill upload the pic tomorrow)

have a good evening everyone!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Hey all just finishing up the meals today and going to be hitting the sack a little early today! ILl jump right into things since Im actually really excited to get back into training tomorrow, Im very determined to hit my numbers.

Dosing today was 2 alphamax caps taken upon waking and 2 will be taken right before bed.
1 anabeta was taken with breakfast
1 anabeta was taken with lunch (same meal as breakfast)

and the last 2 were taken with dinner which was a little heavier (steak potatoes deep fried calamari)

Not sure what my weight is at but my body is feeling devent especially after eating as much crap as I did this weekend. As far as training goes im considering going and squatting tomorrow with my benching and then work on front squats on thursday, I will see how everything feels tomorrow when I make the final decision but I just want to get back to hitting my squats without issues and cramping. SO training aside lets talk diet. Ill be following the Carb cycling routine that Ant posted on Page 2 courtesy of T-Nation. With that being said Im a little skeptical on how much I should be eating Basied on those numbers, but what I came up with was... (based on 4 days of training per week)
High carb days (2days per week)
352g protein
440g carbs
135g fat

Moderate carb days
352g protein
352g carbs
135g fat

Low Carb days
352g protein
264g carbs
135g fat.

And well I guess these are the bulking guidelines im going to try and follow! My high carb days will be monday and thursday, moderate will be tuesday and wednesday, and low will be friday saturday and sunday!

this plan courtesy of Christian Thibaudeau, So ill be trying this and depending on how much weight i start to gain/how I feel, I may switch things up! But im hoping for the best in this situation! Ill be tracking everything I do as well. ALso will be carrying around the gallon jug of water and some walmart brand water flavorer in order to hit my water goal and stop my stupid cramping. Hopefully all these carbs and the water are gonna not bloat me, but rather keep me hydrated when I get into the weight room!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As far as the diet goes, you just have to play with it. I do not follow it exactly, I modified it for me. Here is my outline.

2 Low Carb Days

2,325 cals
184g carbs
200g protein
the rest comes from fat

3 Moderate Carb days
2,575 cals
254 carbs
200 protein
the rest comes from fat

2 high carb days
2,825 cals
325 carb
200 protein
the rest from fat

My carbs were lower, but I worked my way up. I am about 150-152, so I do not follow the 1.5g of protein per pound of bodyweight. I shoot for 1.25. My current intake is a little more, but I always seem to overshoot it, so I go with 200 grams.

I do combine carbs+fat+protein in my carb and protein meals. I keep the fat somewhat low in those meals and my carbless meals (veggies only) are more fat than the other meals with protein.

On low carb days, I have two starchy carb meals, moderate is 3 starchy carb meals, and on my high days 4 starchy carb meals. Do not get too fixated on that though. Just hit your macros for the day. I have also noticed, for me anyways, I recover well when I got 50%+ of my carbs post workout, whether I have 1 meal of 4 post workout. If you would like, I could give you links my personal MyFitnessPal journal. I also do 2 low, 3 mod, and 2 high because I train 5 days a week. I know the link says 3 low if you train 5 times, but I work better on more carbs.

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
As far as the diet goes, you just have to play with it. I do not follow it exactly, I modified it for me. Here is my outline.

2 Low Carb Days

2,325 cals
184g carbs
200g protein
the rest comes from fat

3 Moderate Carb days
2,575 cals
254 carbs
200 protein
the rest comes from fat

2 high carb days
2,825 cals
325 carb
200 protein
the rest from fat

My carbs were lower, but I worked my way up. I am about 150-152, so I do not follow the 1.5g of protein per pound of bodyweight. I shoot for 1.25. My current intake is a little more, but I always seem to overshoot it, so I go with 200 grams.

I do combine carbs+fat+protein in my carb and protein meals. I keep the fat somewhat low in those meals and my carbless meals (veggies only) are more fat than the other meals with protein.

On low carb days, I have two starchy carb meals, moderate is 3 starchy carb meals, and on my high days 4 starchy carb meals. Do not get too fixated on that though. Just hit your macros for the day. I have also noticed, for me anyways, I recover well when I got 50%+ of my carbs post workout, whether I have 1 meal of 4 post workout. If you would like, I could give you links my personal MyFitnessPal journal. I also do 2 low, 3 mod, and 2 high because I train 5 days a week. I know the link says 3 low if you train 5 times, but I work better on more carbs.
I like your set up man, I may switch it up after a week, just to get a feel, I may lower the calorie goal a bit because I just find it hard to believe that I need 440g carbs to bulk "cleanly", yes i do IIFYM and thats what I focus on rather than timing but I think its a bit much, same with protein, I think Ill be bulking at 1.25-1.3g protein per lb of bodyweight but 1.5 again seems like a lot, even if I do put in an hour and a half session! if you wanna post a link to your MFP you can and then I can ass you as a friend on mine too if youd like. IM gonna play around with the carbs a bit too just to see which works best. I noticed today went fairly well (Ill put all the info in my next post) but Id like to see where the sweet spot is with the timing! thanks for the info again man, much appreciated

this was my day but to be honest I feel like a fat piece of crap right now ;)

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Good evening Everyone! Starting my 2nd week on this stack and teh start of the week has gone much better than expected so far. Im going to go ahead and hop right into my thoughts about where IM going from here.

First off, I have decided that starting next week I will be doing a new lifting program, This program is too tough and I think its unrealistic the more I look at it. it was made by a kinesiology student/former teammate of mine. While the base is a good thought, I cant justify moving up an additional rep with the same weight each week for 4 weeks when Ive been struggling to get the original set/rep range, so I will be going back to the other program I was on which has me squatting 4 days per week. gonna get lotsa gains then I hope! SO thats where Im at with this program, I would have considered sticking with the program if I could have hit my sets without my knees bowing in and i start letting my hips go up first and my back bending over.

As far as the diet goes, Im going to follow it for the week and then adjust accordingly next week with the new plan, I felt great through the workout tons of energy and everything I just feel a little bloated and fat right now ha, i guess thats bulking life.

Supplementation is going to stay the same, except I need to find out if I can use less glycergrow or possibly cut it out for a while.. as bad as it sounds, the pump is getting painful during squats and its causing me to not be able to hit my numbers. I even had over a gallon of water in my system before the lift and still had pump/cramplike issues on my last set!

Other than that I was happy with most of the workout. Ive been stretching in between sets and after the workout lately because my left pec gets really tight to the point where my ROM fails and I cant even get to 90 degrees on dumbbell/barbell bench.

Lets get into it

Back Squat
45x3
135x3
185x3
225x2
275x1
315x1
325x5
325x5
325x5
325x4 (help on the 5th)
325x2(help on the last 3)

So by my 2nd set my vastus medialus were so pumped it hurt to squat down with just bodyweight... I was struggling hard and like I said before, knees were bowing, looked like goodmornings for a few sets..

Bench Press
45x3
135x3
185x3
225x1
245x4
245x4
245x4
235x4
235x4
235x3
These were supposed to be by 5 but again, I could barely get 4 last week so 5 wasnt going to happen... again this program is frustrating and Ill make more progress on the other plan im sure..

Dips
bwx10
bwx7
bwx6

Dumbbell Bench Press
70x5
70x5
70x4

Could not get that 5th rep because of the tightness in my pec. And the pump didnt help!!

Glute Ham Raises
bwx8
bwx8
bwx8

these were tough as a cramped a bit again during sets so I essentially stretched until I was okay to complete.

Skull Crushers
60lbs+barx10
60lbs+barx10
60lbs+barx10

about 15min worth of stretching and I was done.

So essentially I was very frustrated with not being able to get my reps and when I did they were sloppy. SO I believe the other program is going to benefit me more as far as strength goes.

Also I think im going to switch glyergrow from 2.5-1.5 scoops or 2 scoops because the pump is just INSANE, and unfortunately it hinders my lifting a bit... Ill be the first person to ever complain about the pump :D

Im excited to get back into it tomorrow and hit some solid numbers tomorrow and get quite a bit of hypertrophy in the mix.

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Alright everyone good morning and hope everyone has a great Tuesday! I've started off morning with lots if research trying to find the best bulking diet for me and I've come to the conclusion that once and for all I will be carb cycling but with my own numbers put in. I've came up with the numbers for:

High carb day: 3475
375g carbs
325g protein
75g fat

Moderate carb day:3275
325g carbs
325g protein
75g fat

Low carb day:3120
325g protein
275g carb
80g fat

I'm going to stick with this until the end of the log and possibly throw up an additional 250cal in carbs in the reservoir after week 4. The reason being is I never knowingly dieted at 4kcal and damn it's tough. I felt like crap last nightI figure this way I can control my bulk, still gain the strength I want and still gain that size I'm after! I'm going to stick with this and hopefuly I'll see the results I'm looking for. Any thoughts? This is going to be an 8 month bulk so I'm not looking to gain 40lbs of fat and 15lbs of muscle ;) trying to control this as much as possible til it hit a great mark then maintain. Sorry again for changing things up on you guys ;)

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That looks like a solid plan! I agree with not wanting to put on so much fat during a bulking phase. I used to not give a crap, but since my surgery, I became lean and do not want to have to cut for an extended period of time. Personally, I think any natural should not gain more than 1-1.5 pounds a month. That is 12-18 pounds in a year. And to even think all of that is muscle is wishful thinking. At the bottom, I will link an article that dismisses the typical bulking/cutting phases. Oh and IIFYM/Flexible Dieting for the win!!

You're right about the pumps. Try wearing knee sleeves! My quads feel like they are going to blow, same with my hamstrings after doing slow negatives on isolation work!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/AntM1564

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/the_truth_about_bulking

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
That looks like a solid plan! I agree with not wanting to put on so much fat during a bulking phase. I used to not give a crap, but since my surgery, I became lean and do not want to have to cut for an extended period of time. Personally, I think any natural should not gain more than 1-1.5 pounds a month. That is 12-18 pounds in a year. And to even think all of that is muscle is wishful thinking. At the bottom, I will link an article that dismisses the typical bulking/cutting phases. Oh and IIFYM/Flexible Dieting for the win!!

You're right about the pumps. Try wearing knee sleeves! My quads feel like they are going to blow, same with my hamstrings after doing slow negatives on isolation work!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/AntM1564

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/the_truth_about_bulking

Thanks for the posts man much appreciated! I agree with you. I think naturally (with supplementation such as what Im currently using) you could realistically gain 15lbs of muscle a year and probably 30lbs total if you hit your macros and increased them smart. Also I feel that IIFYM is pretty great, although I see a lot of articles on here discussing timing and the like, so its interesting reading contrasting statements as well. I currently wear a hamstring sleeve on my left hamstring but dang my tear drops were cryin ;)

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Good evening all! Hope everyone had a happy tuesday and continue to have a great evening! Not much to say that hasnt been said so far today So ill get right into everything!

Dosing for today was as followed:
2 alphamax upon waking and 2 alphamax taken 10 minutes ago after meal
2 anabeta taken 1.5hrs pre workout with a meal (125g carbs) 2 taken 10min ago (10pm) with last meal of the evening
4 x-gels taken 30min pre workout
4 ALCAR taken 30min pre workout
1.5 scoops Glycergrow taken 30min pre workout
over 1gal water drank today!

body was sore but felt decent overall today, happy that im starting to see more vascularity as well and I look/feel fuller muscle wise!!

Lets get into the workout!

Jump Squats
45x3
95x3
135x3
185x3
205x3
205x3
205x3
205x3
205x3
205x3
205x3
205x3 PR here for all these reps at this weight! Shame I probably wont be doing them much anymore with the new plan.. we will see if I can fit it in!

Band Pull ups (used black band which is 2nd smallest band, not much help)
BWx5
BWx6
BWx6 Felt awesome! Ill probably stay at this band size until I get 10 good reps!

Lat Pull Down
130x8
150x8
150x8

Started to feel my first back pump EVER today doing these!

Low Cable Row
150x8
170x8
180x7+1
Last rep was sloppy but was working on about 1:30 rest, so I was happy with those clean reps! Forearms were thrashed by this point!

Strict lateral Raises
25x8
25x8
25x8

ABS
30sec planks with 30sec rest in between

Alternating oblique crunches
Started with Right sidex30
Left sidex30
Rightx20
Leftx20
Rightx10
Leftx10

Diamond crunch (put your legs as if you were doing a butterfly stretch)
30 reps/20/10

Did 5 reps of leg raises in between those but for whatever reason my left lat was bothering me during the leg raises :p

A little stretching and rolling out and I was out of there!

Overall a pretty basic workout but Im glad I finished it with the intensity and energy I did!

MAcros for today arent going to be posted because I was a little distracted/left my food scale with my mother who went out with my stepdad so she had my measuring tool!

SO I know I was under for the day, probably sitting at roughly 3000cal total, but Im ok with that. I also got home and passed out in bed for about an hour before I woke up and realized I needed to meal prep. well Got a couple lbs of ground beef (93/7) and a lb of gorund turkey (93/7) and some chicken in the slow cooker and so ill be set on protein for a while! didnt have my food scale so couldnt measure it but ill just bring it all tomorrow and measure as I eat :D hoping the chicken turns out, fingers crossed! Tomorrow is another moderate carb day with some cleans (probably power cleans) So im hoping to hit my numbers without any problems especially with this sore back! Ive had lat problems before with it just being over stretched/strained so hoping for the best, knock on wood!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ah, meal prepping. I just got back from work and did some. I am going to throw some chicken breast in the slow cooker before I go to bed tonight. Gotta love that thing!