getting my flex on with formutech flexible

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
Flex-Powder_zps6213f472 (640x554).jpg

new log starting today with Formutech Flexible and will be on my pct come the 30th clomid 50mg a day for thirty days boosted with daa. this past cycle didn't turn out like I wanted due to money . hopefull the fall one I will be able to afford everything at once and really up the dosage to get some gains .

back pumps have increased to epic stages as usual and joints are hurting everywhere. one is caused by overexerting bicep and shoulder joint but I feel like crap from sinus infection plus yard work. Flexible has worked for me in the past and with the added cissus it should make a world of difference in my overall demeanor and outlook.

been off for three days due to really being busy and should be able to get back to it tomorrow . Starting the week with back and triceps Tuesday

shoulders Wednesday at home

legs Thursday at work
biceps in the evening

chest Friday afternoon

tris, calves and shoulders again on Saturday

abs every evening at home and at the y on tues and Friday nights.

upped my workout regime to larger sets to increase the fat burn for summer also adding cardio to the lineup.

my training sessions are usually limited rest so I get an achieved heart rate through that and usually no cardio is included but for now I need the additional fat burn to help bring out the definition better . overall I am happy with what I am seeing so far. weight is standing at 175 ish which is the usual for me . very defined in the shoulders and upper pec area when lifting just trying to get a little more size on the legs and less in the abs .

should be a fun time ahead. logging daily
stats stand at 5'8" 175 52 yrs old
2 day split

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Great to this will help you

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Chef - I know you have run a log or 2 in the past for us.....look forward to following this as well!

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
thanks guys I hope I get to feeling better so I can get so good out of this.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
in on this!

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
gonna have to put off training for a couple days . my back is seized up with pumps and or strains . I just quit a ph that had it inflamed and I also did some yard work for my wife sunday which set up a major strain( no fault of hers , I had been putting this off) I am gonna head home from work this morning I can't stand at all and having to had stand for two back to back ballgames last night did it in. hopefully Thursday I will get back into it. I am officially off oral ph's and the like from here on out. I just can't take the sides that go along with these things. my next cycle will be straight up liquid, even dbol got me tore up the third week in and no amount of taurine will help. the tren and test I was on did me great so I will stick to pining in I need anything like that from now on.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In to see the joint relief effects for us older lifters. Heal up brother. Back issues are terrible!

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
gonna have to put off training for a couple days . my back is seized up with pumps and or strains . I just quit a ph that had it inflamed and I also did some yard work for my wife sunday which set up a major strain( no fault of hers , I had been putting this off) I am gonna head home from work this morning I can't stand at all and having to had stand for two back to back ballgames last night did it in. hopefully Thursday I will get back into it. I am officially off oral ph's and the like from here on out. I just can't take the sides that go along with these things. my next cycle will be straight up liquid, even dbol got me tore up the third week in and no amount of taurine will help. the tren and test I was on did me great so I will stick to pining in I need anything like that from now on.
yikes dude, load up on potassium, taurine, and water. that should help you out

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
That's a detour for training alright

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Good luck and speedy recovery!

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
Took my first dose this morning. I had forgotten how sweet it was. Gonna have to cut it with cherry limeade from now on. At the docs for sinus infection. Got to feel better for this weekend. Lots to do.

Will get in a shoulder workout this afternoon. Given that it doesn't seize up on me again.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Took my first dose this morning. I had forgotten how sweet it was. Gonna have to cut it with cherry limeade from now on. At the docs for sinus infection. Got to feel better for this weekend. Lots to do.

Will get in a shoulder workout this afternoon. Given that it doesn't seize up on me again.
Back in the saddle today. Love it!

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Injuries suck plain and simple

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
got in a good arm workout the other day prior to starting and it was an epic pump . it seems since I did dbol last month the arm pumps have been so huge. I gained around an inch on my arms on this thing so I will most definitely continue it. explosive supersets trisets and quadsets . truly overload !

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

good luck with that shoulder! be careful and let us know how it goes!

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
got shoulders in yesterday afternoon.

solid sets

standing laterals 7 sets 15 light weight
reverse incline laterals 5 sets 15
front raises 5 sets 10
single arm cable raises 5sets 10
db shrugs 5 sets 15
calf raises on leg press 5 sets 20
I don't do presses because of arthritis is my right shoulder , there is no cartilage between the bones of my shoulder and arm just in case anyone was wondering.
probably taking today off and hopefully hit it early tomorrow with back or chest at the YMCA. I suppose to take the dog to get its stiches out but it depends on time , it is first come first served on Saturdays and it is a 40 minute ride there so we will see.
this routine gets my shoulders the workout they need they are one of my better parts

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Solid workout Chefbo. I'm jealous of your volume man. Glad to see you getting stronger. Old guys doing work brother!

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
got shoulders in yesterday afternoon.

solid sets

standing laterals 7 sets 15 light weight
reverse incline laterals 5 sets 15
front raises 5 sets 10
single arm cable raises 5sets 10
db shrugs 5 sets 15
calf raises on leg press 5 sets 20
I don't do presses because of arthritis is my right shoulder , there is no cartilage between the bones of my shoulder and arm just in case anyone was wondering.
probably taking today off and hopefully hit it early tomorrow with back or chest at the YMCA. I suppose to take the dog to get its stiches out but it depends on time , it is first come first served on Saturdays and it is a 40 minute ride there so we will see.
this routine gets my shoulders the workout they need they are one of my better parts
Great work and nice setup to work around your shoulder issue. That's what it's all about, man. Do work!

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
Solid workout Chefbo. I'm jealous of your volume man. Glad to see you getting stronger. Old guys doing work brother!
I can do it using the lighter weights my muscles get so full after these. check out mindandmuscle.net and look at articles by dr. todd lee or just search the body part you want. he does volume training and doesn't go so heavy that it gets you into trouble. I am finding more and more people really taking injury into account when training, Charles Glass, Todd and Vic of Vicnatural.com. these are solid trainers and bodybuilders so I take what they say into account. a lot of yougher dudes want to be Branch Warren or Jay cutler and press the world , I say go ahead big boy do it while you can!

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I can do it using the lighter weights my muscles get so full after these. check out mindandmuscle.net and look at articles by dr. todd lee or just search the body part you want. he does volume training and doesn't go so heavy that it gets you into trouble. I am finding more and more people really taking injury into account when training, Charles Glass, Todd and Vic of Vicnatural.com. these are solid trainers and bodybuilders so I take what they say into account. a lot of yougher dudes want to be Branch Warren or Jay cutler and press the world , I say go ahead big boy do it while you can!
Great advice. Quite familiar with Charles but haven't heard of the others.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'll have to look at these

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
taking the flexible each day . shoulder is my main issue these days . the cartilage is gone under the shoulder blade and that is causing great arthritis issues that wake me with searing spasms in the wee hours of the morning. aside from that and this pissy sinus infection all is good.

pool party cookout later today . many beverages to be had and bad food but its all good . being a veteran this is a special weekend for me to remember my brothers and sisters in harms way and the ones that we have lost. raise a flag and raise a toast to any of them you may know. we owe them everything.

should be able to get somewhat of a workout in tomorrow if the gym is open before we go to see my sis in the hospital and off to the pool of r my cardio with the kids. I make them do SEAL situps hanging off the edge of the pool . they love it.

got in 15 minutes of box fit yesterday along with a simple chest workout and some arms , here is the setup.

5 sets of 20 incline db presses
superset with incline db curls and hammers
machine decline press 4 sets to failure.

had ot run to 7 hours of softball games after that so that was it and maybe for the weekend.

HAVE A WONDERFUL AND SAFE WEEKEND !

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for your service Chefbo! Happy Memorial Day!

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
did some chest work last night at home
drank my flexible 1/2 prior . still getting over this sinus crap and feelin glike it most of the day. aches are worst then ever. going to get adjusted today at 230

did flat bench 5 sets 20
superset incline db curls
superset with close grip bench

leg extensions 25 each leg then to failure on both for 4 sets

just didn't have the feeling . so I am gonna take the rest of theweek off to rest and recoup. don'tw want to hurt myself and give my shoulder and back a much needed rest. maybe do some swimming this weekend for exercise. I will do abs and cardio of some sort just no lifting. got to get back to myself.

on the flexible note though - I still believe this is way over sweetened dextrose and sucrose are over loading the carbs in this thing. maybe a different flavor would help but I am having to cut this with lemonade to make it drinkable. not mixing too well also. reminds me of MANS SPORTS pf3 but not that bad. that stuff would just clump up and drop to the bottom. this usually just stick around the rim. may need to be looked at . jmo!

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
did some chest work last night at home
drank my flexible 1/2 prior . still getting over this sinus crap and feelin glike it most of the day. aches are worst then ever. going to get adjusted today at 230

did flat bench 5 sets 20
superset incline db curls
superset with close grip bench

leg extensions 25 each leg then to failure on both for 4 sets

just didn't have the feeling . so I am gonna take the rest of theweek off to rest and recoup. don'tw want to hurt myself and give my shoulder and back a much needed rest. maybe do some swimming this weekend for exercise. I will do abs and cardio of some sort just no lifting. got to get back to myself.

on the flexible note though - I still believe this is way over sweetened dextrose and sucrose are over loading the carbs in this thing. maybe a different flavor would help but I am having to cut this with lemonade to make it drinkable. not mixing too well also. reminds me of MANS SPORTS pf3 but not that bad. that stuff would just clump up and drop to the bottom. this usually just stick around the rim. may need to be looked at . jmo!
good call on taking some time off. limiting yourself a bit to prevent further injury isn't always the easiest decision!

Sorry you're not liking the flavor too much, man. Different strokes for different folks, right? Perhaps we'll release this in the tropical punch flavor like we did recently with our Level 2 thermo powder and you'll have a different option. There's always the caps too! At the end of the day, it's the most solid joint formula on the market so, flavor aside, I'm excited to see how you feel about your final results. I'm betting you'll be pleased!

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
yeah , it will work out. on another note getting a second opinion via my chiro yesterday . she told me to get an appt.with an orthopedic surgeon to take a look at it . sounds like impingement more than arthritis to her. maybe something they can fix. I sure hope so . it weakens me so much on my pushing lifts.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yeah , it will work out. on another note getting a second opinion via my chiro yesterday . she told me to get an appt.with an orthopedic surgeon to take a look at it . sounds like impingement more than arthritis to her. maybe something they can fix. I sure hope so . it weakens me so much on my pushing lifts.
that would be great if you can get it fixed!

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I always make surgery the last option

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
of course I couldn't stay away and did legs and back last night . light set on the back but got a great workout regardless

legs 4 sets 10-15 rep range
seated curls
lying curls
extensions
seated calf raises-5 sets 15 reps 110

back 4 sets 10 reps
pullups 5 sets to failure on each
medium grip pulldowns squeeze at the bottom 110
seated rows- 100
bentover rows-65 underhanded

gonna do leg presses today 400 with calf raise superset

t bar rows- 4 sets
hack squats-4sets
incline wide grip press-7 sets
incline db press
flat bench-medium grip

everything lighter than usual
flexible is doing good since this is a bone issue shouldn't come into play with my shoulder I just need to watch it.

got invited to do a super cardio session Monday evening at a friends house that does those Spartan Races. he has a large truck tire for tossing , bucket carries, planks , pushups burpees, situps all in store for me and the rest of the helpless victims. should be a burner!

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thats it man...work around the injury......onward and upward!

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
Flexible at work 230

Arm day
Super session no rest between cycle
3 sets beyond failure
Seated bicep curl
Hammers
Dip machine
Preachers
Tricep Pushdowns
One arm tricep extension
Rest and repeat two more times.
Finish with standing curls

Skin spilting vein popping pump. Rich piana is a mutant!

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Flexible at work 230

Arm day
Super session no rest between cycle
3 sets beyond failure
Seated bicep curl
Hammers
Dip machine
Preachers
Tricep Pushdowns
One arm tricep extension
Rest and repeat two more times.
Finish with standing curls

Skin spilting vein popping pump. Rich piana is a mutant!
Damn dude...en fuego, (that's Chinese for "on fire")

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How's it going in here?

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
Wwent to the orthopedic friday.mri for a torn rotator cuff.surgery is probable.
Got a leg/back workout in yesterday in 45mins.
Legs
100@100 calve raises
4/15@90-leg ext.
4/15@80-curls
Back
Two arm lat pulldowns on cable machine 4/failure
Seated rows 90/4-10
Cable rear delt flyes 25/4-15
Bentover db rows-50,40,30@10

Feelings alitte weaker since I had to take time off for work and family activities so workout wasn't the same length but gave it my all.
Still on flexible, fish oil, liver support, Clomid, lean cuts, are done. Looking for a rep job with mindandmuscle.com to come this month to rep forerunner and deathstar supps.this will help with next cycle.
Test e-1000 wk
Deca-300
Dbol-25-50 ad
Week6-12 tren a 300-600 wk
Going for a huge bulk lots of food.may adjust amounts after more research but have ran similar before just not the tren which I loved. Not sure about the flexible yet I am sore as hell so I may neef to up my consumption each day I keep leaving it at home instead of taking it to work.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Torn rotator?! Oh man, you never get a break! Wish you well with that surgery. You are still moving a lot of iron in spite of things. Nice job Chef!

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
WOW.....you are the second person I know in 2 weeks to go for RC surgery........sucks but hopefully you will be back better than ever!

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Seems to be going around

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
mri will tell the extent of it . he hopes it is an easily fixable tear. didn't bother me all that bad until sunday evening . bicep hurt quite a bit and the pain last night wasn't as horrible as before. just when I am making great gains this stuff usually happens . it was my back last time . did a small amount of arms yesterday just some drag curls and standing dbs. then went to the pushdowns and was fine until rep 18 . must have turned the wrong way and wham! that shoulder screamed at me . so I quit and iced it . still hurt the rest of the day and evening. leaving on vacation next Saturday so I hope it gets planned before I go . these are hard appointments to get scheduled .

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
mri will tell the extent of it . he hopes it is an easily fixable tear. didn't bother me all that bad until sunday evening . bicep hurt quite a bit and the pain last night wasn't as horrible as before. just when I am making great gains this stuff usually happens . it was my back last time . did a small amount of arms yesterday just some drag curls and standing dbs. then went to the pushdowns and was fine until rep 18 . must have turned the wrong way and wham! that shoulder screamed at me . so I quit and iced it . still hurt the rest of the day and evening. leaving on vacation next Saturday so I hope it gets planned before I go . these are hard appointments to get scheduled .
that's some bad luck right there, man, definitely sorry to hear it!

Where are you going on vaca?

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
to the beach, myrtle to be exact. haven't had one in two years so we are ready.

got my chest on yesterday , shoulder is feeling better today than before.

4 sets 8-10 on most sets

flat bench 135
incline-105
decline-105
incline flyes to failure-25's I used a low fly on this coming closer to the chest for a huge squeeze.
one arm cable dips-52lbs
I tweeked my shoulder on a decline so I only got two sets but I think it may have made it better. I slept through the night only waking up again because my body was so tuned to wake up a t 3.15 but went right back to sleep with only a little stress around 4:30.

it is so cooll to feel all the muscle I work when I work them. not strong as I was when on cycle but I have lost around 10 lbs so I am back around 174 now. leaning out in the belly area/

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Enjoy the beach! Glad the shoulder is better. Some good rest on vacation will do you well.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Nice. Rain here and working

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice. Rain here and working
same here, busy busy busy! I'll be going back down to florida in a couple of weeks though so it's all good

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Lucky

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
arms last night

warm up 5 minutes on treadmill full run
15 wide grip pullups

full circuit no rest 4 sets 10-15 rep range on most until fatigue set in then got around 5-8

rope pushdowns 105-drop set on last set to 20lbs
seated French curls 65
one arm cable concentration curls 25
standing dumbbell curls 30/25/15
preacher wide grip barbell curls 65
rest
and
repeat 3 more times

was gonna try for some calf raises but didn't have the wind in me. no use risking any injury because of energy.

shoulder bothered me slightly at first but I am adjusting the training techniques to compensate for it. doesn't seem to bother the overall workout.

great pump and vascularity when I do these. I really get to see the hard work paying off. they get so full of blood they flatten out and hide the veins by the end of the sets. I still need to shed 10 lbs of water and fat overall, it may not happen but still pumped about it all. one week to go and I am still white as a sheet! i'll stick out like a sore thumb ....tourist for sure!

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
arms last night warm up 5 minutes on treadmill full run 15 wide grip pullups full circuit no rest 4 sets 10-15 rep range on most until fatigue set in then got around 5-8 rope pushdowns 105-drop set on last set to 20lbs seated French curls 65 one arm cable concentration curls 25 standing dumbbell curls 30/25/15 preacher wide grip barbell curls 65 rest and repeat 3 more times was gonna try for some calf raises but didn't have the wind in me. no use risking any injury because of energy. shoulder bothered me slightly at first but I am adjusting the training techniques to compensate for it. doesn't seem to bother the overall workout. great pump and vascularity when I do these. I really get to see the hard work paying off. they get so full of blood they flatten out and hide the veins by the end of the sets. I still need to shed 10 lbs of water and fat overall, it may not happen but still pumped about it all. one week to go and I am still white as a sheet! i'll stick out like a sore thumb ....tourist for sure!

That's a serious circuit!!! I should do a circuit training day, the HIIT aspect of it would be a nice addition to my routine