MyoSynergy Log

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Figured I'd start a log of this solo. My training over the past couple of months has really turned the corner for my lower body lifts. I'm up to handling 7 plates on squat and ~615 on deadlifts now. My right shoulder is still in the process of healing, but I'm able to bench light again. The main problem with it now is technical as I've forgotten how to set up and get locked in for bench.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Previous training for the past couple of months can be found here.

Some recent training vids:

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Feedback has been really good on this so far, can't wait to see you put it to the test.

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
I'm about a week into it so far and I'm VERY impressed with it.
How come? Just interested in what you have noticed.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How come? Just interested in what you have noticed.
Usually my body is shot after I attempt any PRs in full gear. About a month ago, I attempted 7 plates with reverse bands and I can tell my CNS was pretty much done for the day. Yesterday, I did 7 plates straight weight and still had plenty of gas left to hit accessories.

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Usually my body is shot after I attempt any PRs in full gear. About a month ago, I attempted 7 plates with reverse bands and I can tell my CNS was pretty much done for the day. Yesterday, I did 7 plates straight weight and still had plenty of gas left to hit accessories.
Awesome! Glad to hear the product is working!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
3/19
OHP
145x8x3

HS Row (Pronated)
190x10x3
Speed Bench (1-board)
135x3x3
155x3x2
185x1x2

Blast Strap Row/Tricep Ex/Band Pressdowns/Band Facepulls BWx10x3/BWx10x3/10x3/20x3

Cambered Curls/IYT
95x8x3/15x6x3

My OHP is struggling right now. Not sure what is causing it. Positive of the day was that I'm getting some bench technique back. My lower body finally locked in and I also figured out the pain subsides when I lift my head off of the bench. One thing I do need to still work on is driving myself into the bench instead of pushing the bar away from me. I've managed to somehow move down a belt size as well.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
5/21
Speed Pulls

Sumo
415x2x7

Walking DB Lunges
50x20x2

Hypers/Donkey Calf Raises/Band Pallof Press (light)
BW+45x15x3/400x15x3/10x3

Still learning the suit in terms of how to load it more effectively at the bottom. I'm able to get enough tension at 315 to where the weight is off of the ground just by pulling myself into position, but I'd like to get that higher if possible.

Some notes on MyoSynergy:
1. I am sweating so god damn much with this stuff. I'm drenched by the time I've done a few warm-up sets.
2. My work capacity is significantly up in terms of I have energy left even after working up to PRs. I usually just do some abs and calves when I work to new PRs, but I've been able to actually do some real assistance work.
3. Sleep, mood, and appetite seem about the same.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
5/23

Speed Bench
185x3x6

T Bar Row
135x10
160x10x2
180x10x2

Incline DB Press (5s negative with Fat Gripz)
50x10x3

Inverted Row/Pullaparts (mini)
BWx10x3/20x3

Side Laterals/Tate Press
30x12x2/40x12x2

HS Preacher/Rope Pressdowns
50x10/60x10
70x8/70x10
70x8-drop-50x8/70x10

Getting my leg drive back on bench and putting the weight on my lats. Still not back to 100% technique, but each time I'm improving. Luckily, the rest of the crew has a meet next week and that'll take away the temptation to shirt up for at least another month or so.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just now seein this. I agree with ya on the sweating, too. I like it. I normally don't sweat.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
5/25

Squat
Worked up to 615x1

Uni LP
360x10x4

Standing Cable Crunches
130x15
150x12x3 PR

DB Side Bends
70x15
80x15

Everything was a bit off today. At first, I was mad, but then it occurred to me that I've advanced to where 615 is an off day. That made me feel a bit better and out everything into perspective. I have a deload next week and then switching gears to raw and brief only work for a three week wave or two.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wondered what had happened to the old log... in on this one.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I usually don't denote this, but DOMS is really high the past few days. My entire PC from the top of my traps to the bottom of the hams is sore as hell.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are you following a specific diet with the myo?

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Definetly concur with the DOMS. It was kinda refreshing actually.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Over the past few days, I've noticed something very odd after my dose: my burps taste like ****ty egg rolls.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
5/27

OHP
155x7
145x10

Meadows Row
90x15
115x10x3

Speed Bench
185x3x6

Lat Pulldowns
200x10
220x8x2

BB Curls/Side Laterals
100x8x3/35x12x3

Pressdowns/Facepulls
60x15/60x15
70x15x2/70x15x2

Felt really good today. Corrected my OHP a tad, got some good lat work in, and have almost gotten my bench form back. I'm not going to be touching on bench until everything feels 100% and will be sticking with a 1-board. We finally got in a Core Blaster so I can get a better ROM on Meadows now and am getting some really good contractions on it because of this. The pumps on this have been insane and I would actually compare them to the pumps you get on a good oral.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
3/28

Sumo
Worked up 600x1

Hack Squat
315x8x2
365x8 PR

Good Morning
225x8
275x8
315x6 PR

Ab Wheel
BWx10x3

And......I ripped off my callous again. It ripped off on my last pull and cut out my planned attempt to hit a PR. After that, I decided to go really heavy on the assistance work. Everything is feeling good and I'll have to come up with some sort of plan. I may have to start doing some speed squats and rack pulls with straps for a few weeks to let this heal.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I vote straps for sure. Not like you have had grip issues. You're getting to be going really heavy often. How ya feelin?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I vote straps for sure. Not like you have had grip issues. You're getting to be going really heavy often. How ya feelin?
My grip is actually what has held me back from getting over 600, but healing the hand is more important at the moment. Most of the grip work that I do is plate pinches while loading the plates onto the bar.

Overall, I feel great. CNS is still feeling solid and I'm able to go heavier more often since I don't get much CNS strain from bench right now. The crew is also competing this week and I've been more or less training as though I have one as well. After this weekend, I'll be out of a suit for squat and doing more doubles and triples.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My hand is ****ed so badly so right now. I can't even monkey paw anything.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dude, you need some Jergens and a pumice stone
I've never had this happen until a few weeks ago. I got too eager to jump back into heavy pulling and it ripped off again.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Jesus fck. That's all the way jacked up. That thing looks like it needs home surgery. Looks like it's a good time to be squatting 2x/wk this cycle.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I want to pick at it so ****ing badly.

That's not weird..ok?
Oh, dude. I'd have that thing gnawed down to nothing. No homo (all homo?).

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
5/30

Bench (1-board)
225x5
245x3
275x1x2

HS Row (neutral)
190x10x3

Cable Row (wide and pronated)
160x12x3

Prone Incline DB Shrugs/Rear Flys
70x15x3/25x15x3

Machine Preach Curls/Leaning Overhead Rope Extensions
100x15/60x15
120x8x2/70x8x2

Still finding my way on benching. Pulled back slightly on my arch, which allowed me to increase the surface area for foot contact and set up more on my lats. I slowly made the adjustments and really hammered on the second set with 275. The first one was a little ugly, but the second one looked much better with good speed. After that, I shifted focus to the posterior chain for my upper body. Super slow reps and pulled back on the pounds to get good TUT and contractions.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Itching to lift, especially after seeing Henry Thomason squat 1020 in a singly ply and walking it out.
It's ok, you're still healing and getting better. August!

That's freaking crazy!