MyoSynergy Log

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. Right on the money. Those looked weightless. Notice any difference pulling in the deadlift suit versus the squat suit?
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

2. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    Right on the money. Those looked weightless. Notice any difference pulling in the deadlift suit versus the squat suit?
    The pop off of the floor is noticeable even with straps down. The flare of the legs is built perfectly for me and I'm able to go slightly wider with some extra external rotation at the femur. It took about 4-5 uses to really get the hang of it and find optimal stance/positioning for me. I've also noticed that even with the straps extra tight, I don't have trouble getting full air like I did with my Ace.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

•   

3. I know what you mean with the air, that really surprised me the first time I tried pulling straps up. It seems like you're able to load the suit with your hips closer to the bar, instead of a squat suit where you have to sit back more to load the suit.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

4. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    I know what you mean with the air, that really surprised me the first time I tried pulling straps up. It seems like you're able to load the suit with your hips closer to the bar, instead of a squat suit where you have to sit back more to load the suit.
    The cut of the legs helps out on that. I've also made some small technical adjustments on the initial portion of the pull that have helps.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

5. 6/6

Bench
    Ram
    275x3
    295x3
    Add Shirt (2-board)
    365x3
    405x2

HS Rows
    190x8x4

Cable Rows (wide and pronated)
    180x12

Cambered Curls/Prone Rear Fly
    95x12x3/35x12x3

Rolling DB Ex/Band Pressdowns (light
    30x15x2/15x2

After a ****ty week that included getting laid off, I needed this day. Bench was moving well and I hit a smooth groove on the Ram, which wasn't happening about a month ago. On a whim, I threw on the shirt just to see how it felt. The groove was 100x better than last time, my positioning was about where it should be, and I had speed. I'm ramping up for the August meet and will be smashing PRs.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

•   

6. Great job! You're getting stronger!!
    If I live every moment believing, then the chaos in my heart will be a beautiful thing.-
    I am in love, but not in love with someone or something, I am in love with my life. And for the first time, in a long time, everything is inspiring.-

7. Good work
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

8. Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    Great job! You're getting stronger!!
    Danke. Now you need to get your stuff together and compete.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Good work
    Thanks, man. The MS has to be increasing glycogen storage because my shirt was tight as hell.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

9. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Danke. Now you need to get your stuff together and compete. Thanks, man. The MS has to be increasing glycogen storage because my shirt was tight as hell.
    I don't wanna...
    If I live every moment believing, then the chaos in my heart will be a beautiful thing.-
    I am in love, but not in love with someone or something, I am in love with my life. And for the first time, in a long time, everything is inspiring.-

10. Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    I don't wanna...
    Ummm...didn't you just say you want to hit 400+ on deads? It doesn't count unless it's on the platform.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

11. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Ummm...didn't you just say you want to hit 400+ on deads? It doesn't count unless it's on the platform.
    It counts to me

12. Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    It counts to me
    Don't be a brat.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

13. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Don't be a brat.
    I do what I want...

14. Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    I do what I want...
    We all know that.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

15. 6/8

Squat
    145x3
    235x3
    325x3
    Add Jack briefs
    415x2
    465x2
    Add Ace Suit and Inzer Gripper wraps
    505x2
    555x2
    595x1
    635x1x2

Rolling Hypers/Donkey Calf Raises/Ab Wheel BW+25x15x2/400x15x2/BWx15x2

My Jack briefs are too small for me now. They throw me forward and I was having a hell of a time sitting back, which is something I very, very rarely have a problem doing. I'll be sticking with my Ace briefs from now until I decide to buy a new pair of briefs (I don't have any plans of buying any for awhile) and definitely for the rest of the training cycle.

I have another bag of the MS on the way and will be running it until after the meet, which will give me ~11-12 weeks using the product to gauge its efficacy over longer periods of time.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

16. Do you notice the rubber threads breaking on those wraps? Still taking Nerve Restore?
    [email protected]

17. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Do you notice the rubber threads breaking on those wraps? Still taking Nerve Restore?
    I haven't noticed them, but my wraps are a month old and no more of the NS. I finished the second bottle about 3 weeks ago.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

18. Hmmmm... Calf raises.

19. Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    Hmmmm... Calf raises.
    I know you're not familiar with assistance training and why certain things are done. It's ok...we're all friends here.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

20. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I know you're my familiar with assistance training and why certain things are done. It's ok...we're all friends here.
    Huh?!

21. Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    Huh?!
    Exactly.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

22. A couple of notes regarding pre-meet training:
    I have 7 or 8 training weeks to go (still waiting on final date). If it's 7, I'm going to do 3:1:2:1 leading into meet week. If it's 8, I'm go to do two 3:1 cycles leading into meet week. I'm going to leave the gear be and not make any adjustments to anything except maybe using the Overkill knee wraps.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

23. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    A couple of notes regarding pre-meet training:
    I was thinking the exact same
    [email protected]

24. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    I was thinking the exact same
    Tried to add a picture from the app and hit send instead and didn't cancel the post in time.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

25. Plan on hitting a third attempt from reverse band ala Brian Carroll?
    [email protected]

26. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Plan on hitting a third attempt from reverse band ala Brian Carroll?
    Third attempt is 705 and I did that straight weight a few weeks ago, but it was a bit high. It felt solid on my back, though. I'll have to play it by ear and see how everything goes each week. I'd like to take it again at some point, though, so it's not a huge shock to the system.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

27. I went in and did some mobility work today along with 10, ~30yd Prowler pushes. It may have been that I was the only one going heavy yesterday and it threw off my timing, but I noticed my conditioning was bad yesterday. I'm not doing these to drop any weight, but I know it'll end up happening in some form or fashion. The last time I implemented these into my routine was last Fall and I got down to 208, IIRC, within 6 weeks or so. I won't be cutting weight for this upcoming meet and am undecided about which weight class I will be doing most often. I also got confirmation that the meet is the first weekend in August, which is 8/2.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

28. 6/10

OHP
    Worked up to 195x2 PR

T-Bar Row (weight added)
    135x15
    160x15x3

2-board Press
    225x5
    245x5
    255x5

Cable Row (wide and pronated)
    180x12
    200x12x2

Prone Rear Fly/Pressdowns
    35x12/100x15
    35x12x2/110x15x2

Cambered Curls/Side Laterals
    85x15x2/25x15x2

Got a wild hair up my ass and decided to do some ultra heavy OHP. After that, I went lighter and focused on M-M connection on the assistance. There was a little discomfort on the board press, but that was from a bad setup since I had to use the ****ty benches that feel like they're lubed with butter. The main thing for me is getting that setup down and maintaining position.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

29. 6/11

Sumo (+120# chain)
    405x1x8

SS Yoke Bar GM (I think it's an 82# bar)
    172x8x3

Prowler Pushes (90# loaded)
    60Mx5

Speed, speed, speed. Today was all about speed on the pulls and the GM. Positioning wise, this is probably the best my sumo has ever felt and looked. Part of it is improved pop from the suit and part of it is focusing on the aforementioned hovering technique. I forgot how much I hate the Yoke bar and how much I suck at them as well. By the end of the Prowler, I was absolutely done. It took about 45 minutes before the flu went away, but I know this will pay dividends in terms of conditioning and overall energy throughout the day.

MyoSynergy notes and mini review:
    This stuff is the real freaking deal. The DOMS subsided after a few weeks, but the fullness has stayed. I've taken many a test booster/ergogenic supplement in my 12+ years of training and only a handful have actually truly impressed me and this is one. The only other one that has even approached this is the old Activate and Rebound XT stack circa 2005, but the fact that my strength is continuing to climb even at a much more advanced stage in my life is truly impressive. In terms of body comp, I haven't taken pics in awhile, but I will once I finish my second bag. By no means is it a priority or even a tertiary goal, but there has defintely been improvements as I've dropped a notch in my lifting belt with my weight roughly the same.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

30. Very encouraging to hear Rodja.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. PLer's Myosynergy Log
    By Sean1332 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 133
    Last Post: 07-01-2014, 12:48 PM
  2. Ms_Mac's MyoSynergy Log
    By ms_mac in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 06-06-2014, 11:26 PM