booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Got my tub of Purus Labs NOxygen last night thanks to the AaronJP1 and the rest of the Purus boys. Tonight will be my first workout using this. I'm running an ECY stack so this is perfect timing for me to try out a pump product.

Some details about my diet/training:

Diet: Using a modified CBL type diet, no carbs pre workout. I usually eat 2 meals (9am/12pm) and lift around 3p. With this layout you can see why pumps are harder to come by as theres very little in my system to help produce a good pump. I'm counting on NOxygen to help here.

Training: I've just switched to a 2on-1off schedule with a simple push/pull split. Workouts look like this:
Push:
Squat (5x5)
Leg Extension (3x8-12)
Military Press (5x5)
Lateral Raise (3x8-12)
BB Bench (5x5)
Incline Smith Throat Press (3x8-12)
Skull Crushers (5x5)
Rope Pushdowns (3x8-12)
Leg Press (FST-7)

Pull:
Deadlift (5x5)
Hamstring Curl (3x8-12)
Wide Pullup (5x5)
Wide Lat Pulldown (3x8-12)
BB Bent Over Row (5x5)
Incline DB Row (3x8-12)
T Bar Row (5x5)
Neutral Grip Seated Cable Row (3x8-12)
Rear Delt Fly (4x8-12)
Machine Pullover (FST-7)

Dosing will follow the instructions on the label. 1-2scoops pre workout. i'll try it solo initially just to see what the "unflavored" flavor is like as well as mixability.

As always, I'm open to suggestions for diet/training/dosing/etc as well as any questions or comments. Welcome aboard!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
:wave2:

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
it's almost like sugar water! Although the ecy stack sounds pretty awesome for fat burning. If the pumps aren't good enough without the food maybe try throwing in a banana pre? I train fasted and experience the same troubles

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
it's almost like sugar water! Although the ecy stack sounds pretty awesome for fat burning. If the pumps aren't good enough without the food maybe try throwing in a banana pre? I train fasted and experience the same troubles
Well by throwing carbs in I would negate the yohimbine that I'm using for fat loss as its useless in the presence of insulin. Thus my dilemma ha

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So yesterday was Day 1. Pull day. Took 1 scoop 30 min before my workout. Here's my initial impressions:

Serving - Kind of difficult to get a really accurate serving with the clumpy consistency. Its definitely the most interesting texture I've ever seen ha. Love the label on the top "Clump up the volume'

Mix - mixed 1 sc with 8oz of water. You really have to shake for quite awhile to get everything dissolved as the clumps can be a bit tough to break up and mix in. Once it was mixed there was no sediment. The issue here is the amount of foam that shaking creates. Its almost 50% foam and even after 5min of sitting this hardly goes away. Kind of a pain to drink and caused me to burp 3042984893245 times throughout my workout.

Taste - nothing special. VERY lightly sweet, definitely not a bad taste. I would recommend adding in some flavor for the future just for enjoyment. The consistency of it leaves an almost chalky feeling in your mouth. Seems like you just drank flour water.

Now to the important part:

Vascularity - this was the highest point for me. Vascularity was off the charts. All of the veins in my forearms looked double their normal size. The were bulging and full for over an hour after my 60min workout.

Pump - Noticed that I felt much tighter even after my first couple heavy deadlift sets. Arms, shoulders, back all felt tight. The pumps never got to a "skin splitting" level but there was a noticeable difference between nothing and taking this.

Endurance - This was another strong point. I felt like I was not only far less fatigued, but also recovered faster. i was able to finish my workout almost 15min faster then normal and felt great leaving the gym. I would have stayed longer but had an appt to make.

Overall - 1 scoop was sufficient for what was expected. I would have hoped for more pumps but the full body tightness and vascularity were quite nice. I'm going to try 1 scoop for some HIIT this afternoon just to see the effects on endurance mostly but I will also comment on any vascualrity/muscle fullness I experience.

I will try out 2 scoops for my push day tomorrow. and see if that produces better pumps.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
in for 2 scoops, I will be doing the same buy also using 1 scoop of condense / dpol effectively getting 2g of nitrates. That will be the limit though for me

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Flavors may not happen as it was designed to be mixed in any drink/supplements. Think: pre, creatine, Gatorade, intra drink.... Etc.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Took 1 scoop about 45min before I got home to run. I hadn't eated for about 3hrs at this time so I wasn't expecting too much pump. I did notice some increased vascularity and maybe a slight pump in my back towards the end of my run. Endurance did seem a bit higher and legs felt less burn on some of the hills. I definitely think this had some effect in increasing my time to fatigue as well as lactic acid buildup (I assume due to better oxygen transport). I can see this being useful for someone running sprints especially.

2 scoops this afternoon. Can. Not. Wait.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So two scoops had an even better effect on vascularity. I had serious veins in my forearms after doing squats ha. These only got better after beginning my OHP and other upper body exercises. The pump was only slightly better then with 1 scoop but felt a little different. More of an actual pump vs just tight/full muscles. Still not "skin splitting" or "painful" which surprised me. I did dose a bit closer to my workout though so this may have had something to do with it.

Today's plan is to dose 2 scoop a bit further from my workout time and see how that impacts things. So far this stuff is pretty good. Not great, but definitely better then plain agmatine for me.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Good to hear.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
I had the same thing as you! Forearm veins durings squats. Thought I was going crazy hah

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Friday:pull - 2sc 35min pre

Was already noticing vascularity when I got to the gym so i knew I was gonna be good to go. Around set 3 of my first exercise (deads) I had quite a good back pump going. Not painful/debilitating but a nice flush of blood there that I felt like helped me keep a straighter back ha. As I went through My workout the vascularity was insane. The vein in my bis was literally throbbing and sticking out with every rep. I even had some shoulder vascularity. Pump was still good but not great. Have to say I'm a little disappointed here but then again I don't seem to do well with most pump products.

Saturday was an off day so I just took 1 scoop and went for a run. I ended up running about twice as far as planned and really felt like I couldve kept on going which was great. This really seems to help prevent lactic acid buildup as I felt great going up and down the hills where I run. This may be the best area for this product IMO.

Sunday: Push - 2sc 30min pre (fasted)

Fasted workouts are always the toughest to get a good pump going soI didn't have too high of hopes here. I was also coming off a low carb day so I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of a pump I was able to build once I got about 1/3 of the way through my workout. Nothing skin splitting again but the combo of low carb and fasted makes this nearly impossible. I felt nice and tight for about an hour pwo as well which was fun.

Overall I'm enjoying the product thus far. Pumps are a bit less then I had hoped for but the vascualrity and endurance seem to be absolutely top notch.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
i don't notice much of a pump with noxygen solo either but it really does shine in vascularity! I honestly feel this is more for vascularity and increasing NO levels vs blood flow hence the mediocre pump. I could always be wrong though!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
i don't notice much of a pump with noxygen solo either but it really does shine in vascularity! I honestly feel this is more for vascularity and increasing NO levels vs blood flow hence the mediocre pump. I could always be wrong though!
I was under the impression it was MOSTLY for pump ha. But you're right in line with what I'm seeing so maybe it just needs some rebranding.

Edit... Looking at the container its marketed as a "muscle volumizer" not sure how that's different from a pump but its certainly doing the rest of what the label claims!

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
The theory behind NO products is if you can get more blood into the muscles, you will have a greater pump effect and possibly better nutrient delivery. When I combine noxygen with another pre the pumps are glorious though. It's meant to be an addition to other pre's IIRC

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
The theory behind NO products is if you can get more blood into the muscles, you will have a greater pump effect and possibly better nutrient delivery. When I combine noxygen with another pre the pumps are glorious though. It's meant to be an addition to other pre's IIRC
I'll have to try it with something else then as well and see. I've just been using te noxygen as I'm taking a fat burning ecy stack so don't really want too many other stims. Maybe something lifht like fitmax

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Off day today so cardio only. I decided to try a scoop early this moring (fasted) before my HIIT session. Really seems to help with the leg burn when doing sprints or even hills. I'll do the same this afternoon for my other cardio session.

IMO the oxygenation/endurance aspects are by far the best part of this product.

Also gave a couple scoop to one of my coworkers as he claims he "never gets vascular". We'll see about that ha. Will report back later today.

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Honestly this is going to be variable from person to person. It should help increase muscular hydration and increase muscular volume, especially if you coincide the use with positive hydration.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Off day today so cardio only. I decided to try a scoop early this moring (fasted) before my HIIT session. Really seems to help with the leg burn when doing sprints or even hills. I'll do the same this afternoon for my other cardio session. IMO the oxygenation/endurance aspects are by far the best part of this product. Also gave a couple scoop to one of my coworkers as he claims he "never gets vascular". We'll see about that ha. Will report back later today.
Yeah report back. The endurance aspect could benefit multiple athletes.

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How the hell did I miss this?? I'm subbed now though

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
How the hell did I miss this?? I'm subbed now though
This guy... So late ;)

Yesterday's pm cardio turned into just a nice brisk walk so nothing really to note here.

Talked to my buddy at work about his experience and here's waht he had to say:
"I've been getting pretty solid pumps regularly lately but today I felt far harder then normal. And earlier on. I actually saw the veins in the top of my forearms too (he said he'd never seen these before)."

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This guy... So late ;)

Yesterday's pm cardio turned into just a nice brisk walk so nothing really to note here.
"
That's the best form of cardio for me lol

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
That's the best form of cardio for me lol
Ha I def don't mind it while I'm doing it or after but I feel like I'm wasting my time when I'm thinking about it before. Just doesn't seem hard enough to show results but it sure does in the long run.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Took my normal 2 scoops right before heading to the gym. This def makes a huge difference as I didn't have nearly the same pump, tightness, or vascularity until well into my workout. 30min+ is def the way to go for me. Yesterday was low carb as well but that hasn't seemed to have too much impact with this product which is great. If you like keto and still want to get some benefit from a pump product this is a solid option.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Good to hear about ya benefiting from it!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yesterday was pull day. Low carb again and vascularity was equally impressive as it has been. Some slight pump above normal (really good compared to normal 2-3 days of low carb). I really felt the benefit of yesterday was in the endurance that seems to falter on low carb diets. I tend to crash mid way through workouts and this was not the case, even with no stimmed pre.

Looks like roughly 3-4 more workouts worth (including cardio days that I use it) so i should finish up early next week. I'm going away for some of the weekend so I may or may not update for a couple days. Worst case I'll get a few days at once on Tuesday but I figure I'll find a few min here and there.

My buddy at work keeps asking me if he can take another try of this because he enjoyed the vascualrity it gave him ha. I told him to go buy his own!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So I decided to bring the noxygen with me and use it pre morning and afternoon jog. It's hard to compare exactly with here vs home as the terrain is diff and I hasn't actually measured the fist but I still feel like it helps my endurance incredibly. Also my grandma noted that my veins were bulging out of my forearms while I was moving furniture and then again when putting the docks in ha. Took two scoops each yesterday and today. Looks to be one more 2 sc day worth. It's tough to get the bottom out with the consistency. Gonna have to just add water to the tub and shake to get it all ;)

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
So I decided to bring the noxygen with me and use it pre morning and afternoon jog. It's hard to compare exactly with here vs home as the terrain is diff and I hasn't actually measured the fist but I still feel like it helps my endurance incredibly. Also my grandma noted that my veins were bulging out of my forearms while I was moving furniture and then again when putting the docks in ha. Took two scoops each yesterday and today. Looks to be one more 2 sc day worth. It's tough to get the bottom out with the consistency. Gonna have to just add water to the tub and shake to get it all ;)
So you're almost out of the tub in about 2 weeks time? Were you taking 2 scoops everyday since you got the product?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So you're almost out of the tub in about 2 weeks time? Were you taking 2 scoops everyday since you got the product?
Yep. Two scoops for gym days and 1sc am/1sc pm for most of the cardio days. I just enjoyed the endurance so much I couldn't help it ha. Also I think I packed some of my scoops pretty tight. Dosing is kinda difficult with the consistency.

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yep. Two scoops for gym days and 1sc am/1sc pm for most of the cardio days. I just enjoyed the endurance so much I couldn't help it ha. Also I think I packed some of my scoops pretty tight. Dosing is kinda difficult with the consistency.
If it's doing what you want it to do then it's working perfectly! You're not the only one saying it's increasing endurance.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
If it's doing what you want it to do then it's working perfectly! You're not the only one saying it's increasing endurance.
For sure. That's not something I was expecting to see either so it's def not a placebo effect or anything. Love when you discover a "hidden" use for something like this.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yesterday I did a pull workout at home in the evening when I got back. Just couldn't resist a little lift session after a couple days with no weights ha. Lots of improvisation with the limited equipment I have but I made it all work. I measured out one whole scoop (what I could get easily) and estimated there was about 1.5sc left after that (see the pic below). Getting all of it out with the scooper was impossible due to the texture so I decided to go all in and just add water to the tub ha. It took some serious shaking to get it all to mix as it foamed up and didn't move much. After a few min of trying this I would shake a bit, dump it into a shaker cup, add more water to the tub and repeat til I was satisfied ha.

There must've been some more then I normally take as I was really feeling the pumps even with my oddball contraptions that i was lifting with (combos of bands and free weights). I felt really full and muscles were very tight. Especially my traps/upper back. I finished with a set of fst-7 face pulls and this had my rear delts looking the best I think they ever have. I'll post up my final review in the next post.

Thanks again to Grambo and the rest at Purus Labs for the chance to try such a unique product!

image-3037257190.jpg

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
FINAL REVIEW

NOxygen Final Review:

Taste: Not really applicable here as this is "unflavored" but it does have a pleasant, sweet flavor to it. It's just fine to drink straight up and mixes with any flavor.

Mix: 7/10 - An interesting mix product as it does get quite foamy and the texture when drinking it is sort of "flour water" like or even creamy. With a good amount of shaking you can get it all to mix well but it can take some time to get the clumps to disappear.

Pump: 7/10 - no "skin splitting" type pumps from this but I did get nice fullness and felt tight during my workouts. I had hoped for more pump then I got, but was not completely disappointed. The fullness was nice and seemed to last for quite awhile pwo.

Vascularity: 10/10 - This was a great effect for me (and for my buddy at work who I found out stole another two scoops after I left one day! - which explains why my tub seemed to disappear so fast ha). I had veins blowing out of my forearms even on leg days when there was hardly any grip involved.

Endurance: 10/10 - The absolute high point of this product IMO. I found that 1 scoop pre cardio had me going harder, farther, and longer then I planned almost every time. My legs burned far less and I felt that recovery between sets or during sprints was increased significantly. I was not expecting this and instantly became addicted to adding this to my cardio sessions. I would highly recommend this to anyone that runs obstacle races (competitively) or something of the like.

Miscellaneous: The consistency of this product is one of the oddest things I've ever seen. It's almost like a play dough esque, half wet powder. Very hard to describe. This makes the dosing quite difficult and consistency could be an issue. I tended to just pack the scoop as tightly as possible to eliminate as much variability as could be. Also, the end of the tub is a pain as it sticks to the bottom/sides and gets into the corners. You either need a fork or something sharp to scrape it out or to just add water to the tub (what I did).

Overall: 9/10 - I gave this a pretty high rating but not for the things I was expecting. I went into this thinking that I was trying out a true pump product but found that its best use for me was in the endurance aspect. The pumps were good enough to use again but the true shining feature of this stuff is in the endurance and recovery aspects. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for these features in their workouts or even for cardio. This would most likely be a total game changer for someone doing something high intensity like crossfit or interval training.

Thanks again to Grambo and the rest at Purus labs for letting me log this truly unique product.

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the log and final review man! Nice job

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
NOxygen Final Review: Taste: Not really applicable here as this is "unflavored" but it does have a pleasant, sweet flavor to it. It's just fine to drink straight up and mixes with any flavor. Mix: 7/10 - An interesting mix product as it does get quite foamy and the texture when drinking it is sort of "flour water" like or even creamy. With a good amount of shaking you can get it all to mix well but it can take some time to get the clumps to disappear. Pump: 7/10 - no "skin splitting" type pumps from this but I did get nice fullness and felt tight during my workouts. I had hoped for more pump then I got, but was not completely disappointed. The fullness was nice and seemed to last for quite awhile pwo. Vascularity: 10/10 - This was a great effect for me (and for my buddy at work who I found out stole another two scoops after I left one day! - which explains why my tub seemed to disappear so fast ha). I had veins blowing out of my forearms even on leg days when there was hardly any grip involved. Endurance: 10/10 - The absolute high point of this product IMO. I found that 1 scoop pre cardio had me going harder, farther, and longer then I planned almost every time. My legs burned far less and I felt that recovery between sets or during sprints was increased significantly. I was not expecting this and instantly became addicted to adding this to my cardio sessions. I would highly recommend this to anyone that runs obstacle races (competitively) or something of the like. Miscellaneous: The consistency of this product is one of the oddest things I've ever seen. It's almost like a play dough esque, half wet powder. Very hard to describe. This makes the dosing quite difficult and consistency could be an issue. I tended to just pack the scoop as tightly as possible to eliminate as much variability as could be. Also, the end of the tub is a pain as it sticks to the bottom/sides and gets into the corners. You either need a fork or something sharp to scrape it out or to just add water to the tub (what I did). Overall: 9/10 - I gave this a pretty high rating but not for the things I was expecting. I went into this thinking that I was trying out a true pump product but found that its best use for me was in the endurance aspect. The pumps were good enough to use again but the true shining feature of this stuff is in the endurance and recovery aspects. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for these features in their workouts or even for cardio. This would most likely be a total game changer for someone doing something high intensity like crossfit or interval training. Thanks again to Grambo and the rest at Purus labs for letting me log this truly unique product.
Thank you.
Glad you enjoyed it.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Also submitted my review to the NP store since there's nowhere in the reviews section yet.