Fueling the Mountainman INFERNO

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey Everyone,
Pyrobatt felt sorry for my fat a$$, so he let me log Cannibal Inferno. The profile is awesome and I'm seriously looking forward to dropping some BF during this log.

Current Stats:

6' 1"
207 lbs
~12 - 13% BF

BB Bench
280 1RM
195 10 RM

Squat
295 3RM - I'm a home gymer so I NEVER have a spotter
235 10RM

OHP
155 1RM
115 10RM

Deadleft
415 1RM

My current training split:
Chest / Delts
Quads / Calves
Lats / Traps
Hams / Calves

Off days are peppered in where I feel necessary, but I have gone 3 weeks without a day off using this split recently. The set and rep protocol is a PHAT style, but I do it on a monthly basis instead of a weakly basis. Next week is the start of my next hyper phase, but I'll be including HIIT into my sets and after my lifting.

Additional supps:
Mega Krill Oil (I tend to find it a little more effective than fish oil)
CreXcel Creatine (Part of PWO)
Kre-Alkalyn (Post WO)
Dymatize Elite XT Vanilla
BCAA's (both pre and post WO)
Multi 2x/day
Calcium/Magnesium (PWO)
Preworkouts are Formutech Volatile on upper body days, and VPS N.O. Shotgun (OG) on leg days

Diet has been pretty spot on lately. Protein has always been high, 250 to 300 gr. per day, more if I can swing it. Been trying to keep carbs a little lower, due to my wife commenting on my midsection a little while ago. I still keep them up on WO days though, around 300 to 400 gr. I've started to track it on my phone with my macro tracking app. It's made a big difference on how much I truly eat now.

I am a home gymer but I have a pretty solid setup. 450 lbs. in Oly weights including bar, and 100 lbs. in standard weights. Sometimes I have to mix my Oly plates in with the standard plates to get my DB's heavy enough, and it ain't pretty, but it works.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
An update pic from a couple days ago.

ForumRunner_20140505_143009.png

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
2 doses so far today and even though my temp is verging on 100 degrees all the time (summer time kind of sucks for me because of that) I feel extra warm already, and we've only topped out at 49 degrees here today.

I did a very abbreviated back workout today right after my first dose of Inferno (I took with PWO), half way through I started to sweat a little extra. Tomorrow is hams and calves so we'll see if this is a continuing trend.

No effect on appetite yet, but generally I have a hard time with appetite suppression anyway. Unless I stuff myself silly I start getting hunger pangs 2-1/2 to 3 hours after eating.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yesterday was an off day helping my wife at the house, and getting things done that I had been putting off during the winter. But I can say that my 3rd day of Inferno started to show it's hunger supression qualities, I only ate 3 times yesterday, and that was almost forcing myself to eat. The heat generation aspect is definitely all there. During the day I find myself having to step outside to cool off, and at night I wake up overheating, throwing the covers off to cool down.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today was hams and calves. The office called me in a panic needing me to come in to deal with some issues for the afternoon so I had to knock out a quick workout after getting the kids up and off to school and getting my wife settled while I'm gone for a few hours.

Standing Smith Machine Calf Raises / SLDLs, 45 secs. rest
115 x 10, BW x 10, 115 x 8, BW x 8 / 225 x 6, fast concentrics
115 x 10, BW x 10, 115 x 8, BW x 8 / 285 x 5

Machine Leg Press Calf Raises / Lying Cable Ham Curls, 30 seconds rest
*160* x 10, BW x 10, *160* x 8 / *60* x 6, fast concentrics

BB Seated Calf Raises / Assisted Russian Ham Curls, no rest
225 x 10, BW x 10, 225 x 8 / BW x 6
225 x 10, BW x 10, 225 x 8 / BW x 6

Standing Smith Machine Calf Raises / SLDLs, 30 secs. rest
95 x 10, BW x 10, 95 x 7, BW x 8 / 225 x 5, fast concentrics
95 x 10, BW x 10, 95 x 7, BW x 8 / 225 x 6, fast concentrics

I needed a fan for the first time this year, even though it was only 48 degrees outside again. Sure wish spring would show up for real.

I dosed my morining Inferno as soon as I woke up, and went fasted until my workout. That was about 5 hours and not once did I feel hungry. I'm keeping my protein high and my carbs as low as possible, hopefully making this more of a recomp than a cut, but we'll see where that gets me from a BF stand point in 27 days.

ODoyle99

Awards
I'm in too!

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Chest and Delts

Woke up with a weird "knot" on the ball of my right foot. This affected my HIIT a little because I wasn't able to do any running or jumping work, so I used the heavy bag for 15 - 20 seconds after every set.

Decline BB Bench Press / DB Lateral Raises
185 x 6 / 20s x 6
225 x 3, 185 x 3 / 25s x 5
185 x 5 / 20s x 5

Haven't done decline ANYTHING in years. Definitely a very different feel after doing flat and incline for so long. Felt pretty weak on them though.

Pec Deck / DB OHP
*60* x 6 / 55s x 6
*70* x 5 / 55s x 5
*80* x 5 / 50s x 5

Dips to Smith Incline Press / Thumbs Up Raises to BB Upright Rows
BW x 6 - 135 x 6 / 10s x 6 - 95 x 7
BW x 6 - 145 x 6 / 10s x 6 - 95 x 7
BW x 6 - 155 x 5 / 10s x 6 - 95 x 6

Last 2 sets were done rapid fire with no rest
BW x 6 - 135 x 6 / 10s x 6 - 95 x 6
BW x 6 - 135 x 6 / 10s x 6 - 95 x 6

It was 38 degrees outside (friggin' winter, JUST LET GO ALREADY!) and 42 degrees in the gym, but I was sweating A LOT compared to before Inferno when I worked out in those temps. I haven't hit the heavy bag in a while either. It got me winded pretty fast doing speed work, and tore my knuckles up pretty good, but felt awesome getting back to beating the sh!t out of something.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Vermont. Just can't seem to hold a steady warm temp here yet. So irritating.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've never been to Vermont but every time I see a pic, it's beautiful!
Only 2 times a year do we have a weird transition during our season changes. From autumn to winter, and winter to spring. During these 2 times is when Vermont looks like sh!t. Other than that it's pretty nice here. Just expensive as all get out to live here. Summer here is amazing. So many things to do and weather is almost always perfect.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just need winter to just friggin' back off until Dec.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yesterday and today are off days due to lots of stuff going on, as well as a late night at the bar last night, which included breaking up 2 fights. Even after taking my first dose of Inferno, even though it has great energy generating properties, I don't know if I could muster the energy for a workout. 4 hours of sleep sucks.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm in brother MM. In northern Ohio it was a low of 32 and then 82 two days later!

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm in brother MM. In northern Ohio it was a low of 32 and then 82 two days later!
This spring (if you can call it that) had just been do weird. Always good to have you KP.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
late but subbed!

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Daughter was up most of last night with a fever of 100.8, and a pretty bad headache. The fever eventually broke, and her headache got a little better, but mommy was taking care of her. I was able to at least get some sleep and knock out a pretty good HIIT workout, even if it was only for 15 minutes. I did shuttle runs with weights for 25 to 30 seconds at a time, and was sweating my A$$ OFF! I have noticed that my appetite has been far less than normal as well. Had to force myself to eat a couple times yesterday.

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Daughter was up most of last night with a fever of 100.8, and a pretty bad headache. The fever eventually broke, and her headache got a little better, but mommy was taking care of her. I was able to at least get some sleep and knock out a pretty good HIIT workout, even if it was only for 15 minutes. I did shuttle runs with weights for 25 to 30 seconds at a time, and was sweating my A$$ OFF! I have noticed that my appetite has been far less than normal as well. Had to force myself to eat a couple times yesterday.
Sounds like the Inferno is doin it's job!

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Love this stuff! Just trying to imagine what this would do stacked with Follidrone. Epic!

ODoyle99

Awards
Sounds like a good HIIT session man! I need to start doing some of those..I just hate cardio so much lol

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Doing HIIT like that (with weights and going all over the place) makes it go by so much faster and easier. Plus, I try not to do the same HIIT workout 2 times in a row.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So it's been a very rough week. My wife and I are seperating, most likely divorcing. And I totalled my truck Friday night with a severe concussion resulting. Haven't been able to much, including eating and sleeping, let alone training. But once I'm able to get back into it I will certainly start posting again. Thanks for the patience.

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
So it's been a very rough week. My wife and I are seperating, most likely divorcing. And I totalled my truck Friday night with a severe concussion resulting. Haven't been able to much, including eating and sleeping, let alone training. But once I'm able to get back into it I will certainly start posting again. Thanks for the patience.
Wow man sorry to hear that! Take you time and sort things out. I hope you recover quickly from that concussion. Remember were all here for you.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's terrible brother! My best wishes for you and family!

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow man sorry to hear that! Take you time and sort things out. I hope you recover quickly from that concussion. Remember were all here for you.
That's terrible brother! My best wishes for you and family!
Thank you guys. I always appreciate the kind words. I'll try to stay active here, need to keep my mind busy.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sorry to hear that brother !

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sorry to hear that brother !
Thanks pyro. I'll get back into the swing of things and once I do I'll get back to logging the Infreno. It was going pretty well until recently. I'll put up a review when I can as well. Thank you for being patient with me.