PLer's Myosynergy Log

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks Matt and the rest of the Evomuse crew for allowing me to log this new product. I'm very excited for it.

Training:
I'm a 220lb, 26yo powerlifter. I competed in my third meet last Saturday so I'm getting back into training again this week. I lift 4x a week, Deadlift/Upper/Squat/Upper. I'm suffering from a strained left AC joint and have an impinged right supraspinatus. My upper days will be loads of back work, and bis/tris. I'll shift to overhead pressing in a bit, then incline pressing with the slingshot. Horizontal work will be on hold. I won't be gathering a new 1RM on anything this log, but I do track rep PRs so I can assess how this product does for my strength.

Diet:
I'm carb backloading. It's been quite some time since I've eaten around maintenance. I've been on a permabulk until now lol I want to see how eating around maitenance treats me and adjust it from there. I work two days on two days off so my workout times change quite often.

Supplements:
Evomuse Nerve Restore
Orange OxiMega
Orange Triad
Stimul8 when needed
Bulk Cissus

If you all feel any of the above supps will get in the way of the integrity of the log, then I'll cease usage immediately.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think everything that isn't EvoMuse should immediately be thrown away and you should never buy it again...I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In. :D

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think everything that isn't EvoMuse should immediately be thrown away and you should never buy it again...I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul.
I need me some French toast!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I need me some French toast!
Hey, that sounds good. I think I will go make some...in my kitchen....right here in my house....where i have the protein french toast mix...

D

domore

Awards
O'Doyle rules!!

S

SilentSavage0523

Awards
  • Established
In brah

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Myosynergy Day 1. Prewo dosing.

What was meant to be a post-meet deload....Squats

Prewo
Put on the neoprene shorts 2 hrs in advance
Lax mash
Groin stretch
Lateral Hip distraction
Myofascial psoas stretch

14" Cambered Bar Foam Box Squat
Worked up in doubles every 25/45lbs
End sets were:
405+80lbs chain x 5 doubles

Paused Front Squat
225x2x8 5" Pause, shoulders said hell no

Deficit Bulgarian Split Squat
40'sx2x15

14" Cambered Bar Suspended Good Morning
155x10
205x2x10

I said deload but....everything was fast and stayed fast. **** it.

Channeling my inner Chuck Vogelphol with a monolift wide stance. Videos in a few.

D

domore

Awards
Myosynergy Day 1. Prewo dosing. What was meant to be a post-meet deload....Squats Prewo Put on the neoprene shorts 2 hrs in advance Lax mash Groin stretch Lateral Hip distraction Myofascial psoas stretch 14" Cambered Bar Foam Box Squat Worked up in doubles every 25/45lbs End sets were: 405+80lbs chain x 5 doubles Paused Front Squat 225x2x8 5" Pause, shoulders said hell no Deficit Bulgarian Split Squat 40'sx2x15 14" Cambered Bar Suspended Good Morning 155x10 205x2x10 I said deload but....everything was fast and stayed fast. **** it. Channeling my inner Chuck Vogelphol with a monolift wide stance. Videos in a few.
I can definitely recognize a difference in performance/feel if I skip my prehab/mobility movements, especially banded hip distractions.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I can definitely recognize a difference in performance/feel if I skip my prehab/mobility movements, especially banded hip distractions.
I fully agree. I do major mobilizations the night prior to whatever I'm doing the next day, then prewo/post. Rodja recently got me into a piriformis release and then the psoas stretch. I also learned from my meet prep that if I wear the Rheband shorts for an hour before, I move much easier. Seeing a chiro weekly helps too..

S

SilentSavage0523

Awards
  • Established
Good!

A what's up buddy?? Studying for May? I'm not lol

Annnnnd 1 serving down the hatch along with Nerve Restore. Off to go do some light squatting.
Nah. Transfering but gonna try and take Nov

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In boss!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Upper & Weak Point

Lax mash pec/delt/TSpine
Thoracic mob drills

Swiss Press Bar Pendlay Row
*Explosive as possible, middle neutral grip
245x3Rx4S

Seated Cable Row
*focus on TUT, wide neutral grip, miniband resisted
100+Miniband x4x10

Deadstop AMRAP Dumbell Row
*wrist straps
150x20 each arm

Triceps w/ Rope attatchments/Dumbell Preacher Curls
100x3x15/25x3x15

Facepulls/X-Band Side Step/Banded Pallof Press
55x3x30

Rotator Cuff
Side Lying 45deg Abduction
Low Pulley External Rotation

D

domore

Awards
I fully agree. I do major mobilizations the night prior to whatever I'm doing the next day, then prewo/post. Rodja recently got me into a piriformis release and then the psoas stretch. I also learned from my meet prep that if I wear the Rheband shorts for an hour before, I move much easier. Seeing a chiro weekly helps too..
Absolutely. I've been battling an extremely tight psoas that has been leading to other issues (e.g., tight lower back, tight hip flexors). I've been digging a softball into my stomach (about two inches left or right of my belly button) to loosen it up.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been digging a softball into my stomach (about two inches left or right of my belly button) to loosen it up.
I did that the other day with a kettlebell on top of it. ****ing miserable lol

Starting the training program up again on Monday with some conventional deadlifts, explosive high rep RDL's and more unilateral work. I'll shift back into sumo the week after..unsure on how I'll use the box for squatting...not often, I know that. Never used it much before. I'm thinking of ways to test numbers for any significant changes in strength from Myosynergy. Edit: Meh at the last idea. I don't really want to work above the 600 range in the next month or so for squats so I'm thinking of comparing AMRAP sets with %70. Also I track PRs on assistance lifts.

D

domore

Awards
I did that the other day with a kettlebell on top of it. ****ing miserable lol

Starting the training program up again on Monday with some conventional deadlifts, explosive high rep RDL's and more unilateral work. I'll shift back into sumo in another two weeks...unsure on how I'll use the box for squatting...not often, I know that. Never used it much before. I'm thinking of ways to test numbers for any significant changes in strength from Myosynergy. Possibly a heavy AMRAP squat set to calculate a 1RM to compare against my true 1RM. I've tested front squat and suspended good mornings, so I can re-test those as well.
Oh, yeah, the kettlebell just freaking digs it in further. I feel like I need to throw up while I'm doing it.

Unilateral work and exercises outside of the sagittal plane are overlooked, or even blatantly ignored. Even people who think they know how to program are transforming themselves into the bilateral, sagittal man. People need some SLDLs, step-ups, lateral lunges, bulgarian split squats, etc. in their lives.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh, yeah, the kettlebell just freaking digs it in further. I feel like I need to throw up while I'm doing it. Unilateral work and exercises outside of the sagittal plane are overlooked, or even blatantly ignored. Even people who think they know how to program are transforming themselves into the bilateral, sagittal man. People need some SLDLs, step-ups, lateral lunges, bulgarian split squats, etc. in their lives.
You might appreciate this regarding glutes since you mentioned SLDL. Its why I mentioned high rep RDL
http://youtu.be/3u2wzSCJYzw

And your post was very well put. I used to half ass my unilateral work, lack of neutral spine, **** form, and other times I just flat out ignored it. I had some nasty hips. They're still beat up, but I still make them work for me lol I was out at Cressey Performance last year and was encouraged to do anterior held unilateral work, which I phased out of because it sucked, but front squat held lunges are great. I've been on a BSS and rear lunge kick recently.

D

domore

Awards
You might appreciate this regarding glutes since you mentioned SLDL. Its why I mentioned high rep RDL
http://youtu.be/3u2wzSCJYzw

And your post was very well put. I used to half ass my unilateral work, lack of neutral spine, **** form, and other times I just flat out ignored it. I had some nasty hips. They're still beat up, but I still make them work for me lol I was out at Cressey Performance last year and was encouraged to do anterior held unilateral work, which I phased out of because it sucked, but front squat held lunges are great. I've been on a BSS and rear lunge kick recently.
I'll check out that video in a bit.

It was amazing to see how weak I was in other planes, even though I was squatting something ridiculous. I would do some lateral lunges or lateral step ups, and it would be unbelievable how much more I had to work. I really enjoy Cressey's work. I still need to get up and see him.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Deadlift

Conventional
405x3Rx6S

Romanian Deadlift
*Fast & Explosive as possible
185+Short Miniband x3x20

Rear Dumbell Lunges
40x4x12

Tri Set
Seated Banded Wall Squats
x3x30sec

Miniband Triple Threats
x3x15

Cambered Bar Ab Rollout
x3x10

Decent day. First time pulling conventional in a while.

Dosed 8 caps preworkout. No effects really as of yet. No GI issues or any ill effect.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Are you going to dose 8 caps pwo through the whole log or do you think you may split it up 4/4 at some point?

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hm prewo unless reps say otherwise, I'll continue prewo dosing.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Upper

Pendlay Rows
135x10
225x5
275x3x3
275x6

Bodyweight Supine Row
4x10

One Armed Banded Pulldown
Light x3x10

Tate Press
50x4x8

AMRAP Barbell Curl
Bar x Whatever

Rotator cuff:
Cuban Press-Bar x3x8
ss w/ L-Lateral Raise 10x1x12

Side Lying 45deg Abduction
ss w/
Side Lying External Rotation

Half-Kneeling Anti-Rotation Cable Press
x8

Decent workout. I miss training the bench press, so my upper days usually leave me feeling depressed lol I got a nice bro pump with some of the 'fluff' excercises and had a good day actually.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ran 1.5 miles this morning. Dosed a half servng when I woke up and I'll take the other half tonight. No training today.

I'll be starting a new training program from Brian Carroll on Monday. It'll be an Off-Season 10-Week training block. It'll still go Deadlift/Bench/Squat/Weak Point. Instead of training using percentages from a previous 1RM, it'll be based off of Rate of Percieved Exertion or percentage of effort for how I'm feeling that specific day.

If I notice strength gains from Myosynergy, I'll pick up another bottle to finish up the training block, as I'll be testing each lift at the end of it.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So you are taking 5 in the morning, and 5 at night or PreWo on workout days?

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I had the impression that the dosage was to be 8 caps as per Domore. Should I dose 10? On lifting days, I had been taking 8 caps preworkout. Today, I don't consider a 1.5 run anything, so I figured I would split the dosage seeing as it's an off day.

Recommendation?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No you are correct, sorry....I did send testers the second batch.

Split dosage on an off day works for me. I definitely have my eye on your new routine and the overall effects you will see. If you start gaining strength I will send you a second batch and we can extend this log.

S

slimsaw00

Awards
  • Established
OK now I'm confused.... I received a batch that states to take 7/day... is this correct it should I bump it to 8??

Thanks DSade

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
OK now I'm confused.... I received a batch that states to take 7/day... is this correct it should I bump it to 8??

Thanks DSade
There were 3 batches total...the first bottles were 50% underfilled. The second batch was better, but still not on (which is why it was adjusted to 8 cap recommendation.)

The last batch that came in needs to be dosed at 7 per day. The instructions sent match the batch you were sent.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No you are correct, sorry....I did send testers the second batch. Split dosage on an off day works for me. I definitely have my eye on your new routine and the overall effects you will see. If you start gaining strength I will send you a second batch and we can extend this log.
I appreciate the clarification. I know it's gotta be a pain in the ass lol

I'm looking forward to the shift in training method.

S

slimsaw00

Awards
  • Established
There were 3 batches total...the first bottles were 50% underfilled. The second batch was better, but still not on (which is why it was adjusted to 8 cap recommendation.)

The last batch that came in needs to be dosed at 7 per day. The instructions sent match the batch you were sent.
Thanks! I was following label directions.. just getting clarification since I was seeing different dosages in the log section.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ran 1.5 miles this morning. Dosed a half servng when I woke up and I'll take the other half tonight. No training today.

I'll be starting a new training program from Brian Carroll on Monday. It'll be an Off-Season 10-Week training block. It'll still go Deadlift/Bench/Squat/Weak Point. Instead of training using percentages from a previous 1RM, it'll be based off of Rate of Percieved Exertion or percentage of effort for how I'm feeling that specific day.

If I notice strength gains from Myosynergy, I'll pick up another bottle to finish up the training block, as I'll be testing each lift at the end of it.
Real interested to see what this training looks like. I am with you on picking up more if things go well, as I'd plan to run it all the way through July's meet if it treats me right. :)

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Real interested to see what this training looks like. I am with you on picking up more if things go well, as I'd plan to run it all the way through July's meet if it treats me right. :)
I just hafta get used to RPE now lol The offseason seems fairly easy and submaximal. The 10-Week Pre-Contest block is no joke though. He has you hitting your openers for doubles and taking the second attempt for a few singles. Then a couple weeks out you take your third attempt from a light band lol

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Daytime eats. I'll be in some training for two weeks the week after next, I'll try to keep carb backloading them but we'll see. May end it then.

Attachments

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lower

Warmup
Foam roll abductor
Lax mash glute med/TFL/hams
Bulgarian split squats

Safety Squat Bar Low Box Squat, Belt only
482x6x2 SxR

Walking Dumbell Side Lunge-30 Degrees
40x3x8

Dumbell Split Squat
40x2x20

Glute-Ham Raise/XBand Walk
Minibandx4x10/Mini x 3 trips around gym

Haven't had too good of sleep the past two nights so I knocked out the squats real fast and did some fluff work to address weaknesses. Off I go to the chiro for Graston now.

Despite being tired, and it being a morning fasted session, I felt pretty good. Dosed one serving of both Myosynergy and Nerve Restre preworkout. I only have a couple days left of Nerve Restore. Very good product. Experiencing better scapular retraction/mind-muscle connection, and feel that it's benefited my left hip flexor.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll be hoping on some MyoSynergy as soon as it gets to my mailbox.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bolt mentioned in his log, and I experienced it too-I had an increase in DOMS during my last upper training. Granted 275x6 is heaviest I've rowed for reps.

I also had a great quad pump from the unilateral work. No prewo supps were taken, and it was a fasted state.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
DOMS is evident. Spent last night just doing some MFR and mobility work for my hips and shoulders. This evening will be another upper session.

D

domore

Awards
DOMS is evident. Spent last night just doing some MFR and mobility work for my hips and shoulders. This evening will be another upper session.
What is your tool of choose for MFR?

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What is your tool of choose for MFR?
Depends on what's aching. Lacrosse ball for anything, Beastie Ball for specific spots, Softball is good for the side hip/tfl. Rumble roll ITB/Quad.

Last night was digging the beastie balls into my hamstrings/groin, which didn't feel good one bit. Then still working on the pecs & thoracic. Hit up some SuperD hip stuff afterwards and thoracic mob drills. Shoulders are still jacked out of position.

funkd0c

funkd0c

Awards
  • Established
Depends on what's aching. Lacrosse ball for anything, Beastie Ball for specific spots, Softball is good for the side hip/tfl. Rumble roll ITB/Quad.
I love my extra firm beastie ball and rumble roller. I've had more success with ITB/quad release with these two than any other "tools"

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I love my extra firm beastie ball and rumble roller. I've had more success with ITB/quad release with these two than any other "tools"
They're worth it!

I got hit hard by allergies and/or a cold. Tried to lift but I just wasn't feeling it today. Felt like smashed *******.

Did some pullaparts, rotator cuff work, heavy banded standing crunches, and dumbell side bends. May do some farmer walks tomorrow. Deadlift Monday with the new program.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
They're worth it! I got hit hard by allergies and/or a cold. Tried to lift but I just wasn't feeling it today. Felt like smashed *******. Did some pullaparts, rotator cuff work, heavy banded standing crunches, and dumbell side bends. May do some farmer walks tomorrow. Deadlift Monday with the new program.
I'm about 1/3 of the way through so far. It's an interesting read with a lot of perspective on lifting and life.

D

domore

Awards
Depends on what's aching. Lacrosse ball for anything, Beastie Ball for specific spots, Softball is good for the side hip/tfl. Rumble roll ITB/Quad. Last night was digging the beastie balls into my hamstrings/groin, which didn't feel good one bit. Then still working on the pecs & thoracic. Hit up some SuperD hip stuff afterwards and thoracic mob drills. Shoulders are still jacked out of position.
Well, i misspelled choice, so I'm glad you caught my drift.

Anyway, I'm pretty much on the same boat. I only use a roller for my quads/IT. I'm using a softball-sized ball for mostly everything else, and it is doing wonders. I've been doing a lot of distraction movements, which have been making me feel better.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well, i misspelled choice, so I'm glad you caught my drift. Anyway, I'm pretty much on the same boat. I only use a roller for my quads/IT. I'm using a softball-sized ball for mostly everything else, and it is doing wonders. I've been doing a lot of distraction movements, which have been making me feel better.
SuperD and KStarr definetly have good stuff.

So, I was definetly sick last night, not allergies. I went full exorcist vomit in the bathroom at 3am. Feel better so I look forward to lifting tomorrow.