EvoMuse Myo-Synergy Log

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. Registered User
    Answers

Month 1 MyoSynergy Impressions:

-DOMS has leveled off a bit. Still quite a bit above what is normal, especially at this level of my training block. If I do anything a little different I get DOMS in places that usually never do. Hasn't hampered ability to train at all though.
    -Endurance and work capacity were improved greatly over the training cycle. Ability to maintain intensity at the same weight was very apparent. Conditioning work and higher rep accessory work was also much easier than usual. Volume was really high at times and I had no issues maintaining weight for most of the sets (compared to the usual I would drop weight a bit on the 2-3 load drop set days).
    -I did note some initial muscle fullness and vascularity. Honestly after a month I wouldn't say muscle fullness or pumps is anything super noticeable, but vascularity is definitely increased over baseline.
    -I hit several PRs so far over this month. That is quite an accomplishment as I don't usually reach top levels or hit PRs this soon after a competition. The Deadlift numbers are the most impressive as they had been stuck for a bit before competition, so to hit some so easily this soon after had me sold.
    -I ate around maintenance. I noticed some apparent fat loss, but weight stayed around baseline. So recomp effects were had.
    -Considering I ate at maintenance the PRs are even more impressive.
    -After a couple more days I'll compare this months recovery graph to last months. I will say I don't feel I necessarily had improved recovery, but gains did seem to be faster.

So first month was a success. So much so that I purchased 2 more packs to run. Next ~2 months will be very interesting considering calories will increase and I'll be adding more supplements that I have experience with again. Considering I took time off from stimulants, really only used some staples, and was just coming off a competition I was very impressed. Can't wait to see what the next 4 weeks brings.
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com

2. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SauceMonkey22 View Post
    Damn good stuff!

Idk what to use during my cut now, Myo, Folli, or jump into the Clear Muscle bandwagon. All depends if CM goes on sale during MDW.

How do you feel this would be during a cut to get "stage lean" @bolt10?
    Honestly I think that might be a perfect situation for it. HICA has muscle preservation effects and Forskolin has muscle preservation and fat loss benefits so those two plus the epi in conjunction with the rest of the formula should be quite effective at preserving muscle and keeping gym performance up.
    PES Representative
  3. Registered User
    Answers

god damn lol my poor wallet. happy there's alot of great natty supps coming out though
    Ya some solid stuff. I'll be honest based on how this has gone so far if I ever do really try to cut hard any time soon (I don't need to, but hypothetically) I think Norcodrene + MyoSynergy + 2-3 Forskolin-95 would be money.

I do plan to update after tomorrow again...I need to weight myself. My house scale blows, but I'll be at a gym with a scale I've used quite often that is consistent so it'll show how much my weight has changed this month.
    PES Representative
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

the moment of truth i suppose then!

I'm currently logging BPS' Combustion and DCP 2.0, seeing good things so far. Coach had me eating at maintenance with a refeed day, and still lost 1.4 lbs in two weeks. Calories starting decreasing tomorrow, so when I begin to hit the "wall" so to speak I'm gonna try to throw something in to retain LBM. My Ara run ends in about 2 weeks, also sitting on some AmentoMax that I'll probably toss in.
    Yummmm....AmentoMax would fit very nicely with Combustion and DCP 2.0. I haven't gotten around to that DCP yet but absolutely loved the original.
    PES Representative
  5. Registered User
    Answers

It's solid thus far, definitely thermogenic effect, and thermos I haven't noticed at all. Have you ran AmentoMax yet? I was gonna do the 2 caps pre wo, but curious if you've got other ideas / experiences
    I actually am popping open a bottle to start some this week. I have used Amentoflavone in Norcodrene, Katana, and Uncut before (big fan). I plan to add 1 cap to Katana starting tomorrow, which would be equivalent to 2 caps of AmentoMax in regards to Amentoflavone dosage.
    PES Representative
  6. Registered User
    Answers

Week 5 Day 1- May 26:

Squat w/Belt Work up to x3 @9 1 Down Set
    2ct Pause Bench Work up to x3 @9 1 Down Set

Memorial Day lifting! It was pretty hot in the gym so much of this was a mental struggle, but was quite happy with how it all went.

Squats w/Belt:
    Warm Up- Bar x 10, 135lbs x 5, 225lbs x 5, 275lbs x 3, 325lbs x 3
    365lbs x 3 @7
    385lbs x 3 @8
    405lbs x 3 @8.5
    Drop
    385lbs x 3 @8

2ct Pause Press:
    Warm Up: Bar x 10, 95lbs x 5, 135lbs x 3, 155lbs x 3, 175lbs x 3
    195lbs x 3 @7
    205lbs x 3 @8
    215lbs x 3 @9
    Drop
    205lbs x 3 @8.5

Was pretty happy with this session. Squats are moving back up and bench went well even on a crappy bar and bench.

Week 5 Day 2- May 27:

Deadlift w/Belt Work up to x3 @9 1 Down Set
    Bench Touch and Go Work up to x8 @10 1 Down Set
    Front Squat Work up to x 5 @8 Repeats, 3 sets

Feeling pretty tired so kept it conservative today.

Deadlift w/Belt:
    Warm Up- 70kg x 5, 110kg x 5, 130kg x 3, 150kg x 3
    170kg x 3 @7
    182.5kg x 3 @8
    195kg x 3 @9
    Drop
    185kg x 3 @9.5
    Grip Work @ 142.5kg

Matched last week's PR. I felt it moved a little slower, but I was a little tighter and form just a notch better so I'll take that. Grip work left my hands close to raw....

Bench Touch and Go:
    Warm Up: Bar x 10, 45kg x 10, 60kg x 5, 70kg x 5
    80kg x 8 @7.5
    85kg x 8 @8.5
    90kg x 8 @10
    Drop
    85kg x 8 @10

Front Squat:
    60kg x 5
    80kg x 5 @6
    85kg x 5 @7
    90kg x 5 @8
    Repeat
    90kg x 5 x 3 @8, 8, 8.5

I didn't like my form last time on these so these were some conservative RPEs on the Front Squats. Probably too easy, but each rep was perfect and looked much better today.
    PES Representative
  7. Registered User
    Answers

Yesterday I was feeling a little crazy so I did some real random stuff for GPP work...surprisingly I felt pretty good waking up today despite the fact I did that and the fact my AC stopped working so I slept in some crazy heat.

Week 5 Day 3- May 29:

Competition Bench Work up to x3 @9 1 Down Sets
    2ct Pause Squat Work up to x3 @9 1 Down Sets
    Close Grip Incline Press Work up to x5 @8 Repeats 3 Sets

Comp Bench:
    Warm Up- Bar x 10, 40kg x 10, 60kg x 5, 80kg x 3
    90kg x 3 @6.5
    97.5kg x 3 @8
    105kg x 3 @9
    Drop
    100kg x 3 @9

Finally. Back at matching PR weight. I felt really good here today. I do see a couple things in my form that need addressing, but considering how this "felt" I was happy, despite the miscues.

2ct Pause Squats:
    Warm Up: Bar x 10, 80kg x 5, 110kg x 5, 130kg x 3
    145kg x 3 @7
    152.5kg x 3 @8
    160kg x 3 @9.5
    Drop
    150kg x 3 @8.5

160kg was only a 9.5 because I was a little punk and didn't pause long enough on the final rep. I hit it pretty easy so there was no need to be apprehensive. Either way big PR.

Close Grip Incline Press:
    Warm Up: 40 x 10
    55kg x 5 @6
    62.5kg x 5 @7
    70kg x 5 @8
    Repeat
    70kg x 5 x 3 @8, 8, 9

Solid endurance. On my Repeat work I really want to get in the volume and would rather undershoot the RPE than overshoot, so again it wasn't too tough, but probably right where I need it.

Supplement Notes:
    -Noticing some more leaning out, even though I bumped cals up a bit and splurged a bit this weekend.
    -Endurance is still up.
    -I don't think my recovery is improved (TRAC seems to be chilled out and not asking for more lately), but I am improving strength pretty much everywhere.
    -Probably mostly due to the heat around here lately (and my AC broke yesterday), but this past week or so I have been sweating buckets.
    PES Representative
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  110 lbs.
    Answers

Is there any place I can purchase Myo-Synergy? This is one of the only really promising looking supplements I have seen in a long time.
  9. Registered User
    Answers

Following
  10. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Colby3316 View Post
    Is there any place I can purchase Myo-Synergy? This is one of the only really promising looking supplements I have seen in a long time.
    I'd go check the EvoMuse subsection for more info. I know Dsade is probably having more produced, but I believe it is out of stock right now and I don't know when more will be in (so glad I bought some more before I ran out lol).

As an update I woke up with some triceps soreness....they never get sore (other than so far them getting sore a couple times in this log). Feels kind of weird.
    PES Representative
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Answers

I ordered my last package from Evomuse directly. I believe he has another batch done within a few days
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  258 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Colby3316 View Post
    Just checked NP, is listed as in stock at NutraPlanet. There is also the Evolutionary Muse Store page for future referrence.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve

Recoverbro
  13. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

There are pouches available at the Evomuse shopify store, and Nutraplanet will have more pouches today.

The next run will be done in about 7 days.
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  258 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    Supplement Notes:
    -Noticing some more leaning out, even though I bumped cals up a bit and splurged a bit this weekend.
    -Endurance is still up.
    -I don't think my recovery is improved (TRAC seems to be chilled out and not asking for more lately), but I am improving strength pretty much everywhere.
    -Probably mostly due to the heat around here lately (and my AC broke yesterday), but this past week or so I have been sweating buckets.
    I too have noted an increase in sweating. I am generally an easy sweater, but we are talking shirt soaked, front and back, collar bone to belly button.

Recoverbro
  15. Registered User
    Answers

Week 5 Day 4- May 30:

Deficit Deadlift Work up to x3 @9 1 Down Set
    Pin Press (Chest Level) Bench Work up to x3 @9 1 Down Set
    2" Deficit SLDL Work up to x5 @8 Repeats 3 Sets

Deficit Deadlift:
    Warm Up- 60kg x 5, 110kg x 5, 135kg x 3, 150kg x 3
    160kg x 3 @7
    170kg x 3 @8
    180kg x 2 @10**
    180kg x 3 @9.5
    Drop
    165kg x 3 @9

**Short story too much mind

Longer version...I noticed some leaning on my pulls today (more on that later) so I was thinking way too much instead of just getting set and executing. I pulled the 3rd rep and stopped at the knees. Idk why, it moved fast, just didn't like my positioning. Was pissed and I don't usually do this, but felt I had to hit it mentally. I went back, stopped thinking so much, and pulled it. Not sure if I am happy I hit it or mad I went at it when I probably should have stopped.

Pin Press (Chest Level) Bench :
    Warm Up: Bar x 10, 40kg x 10, 60kg x 5, 80kg x 3
    90kg x 3 @6.5
    97.5kg x 3 @8
    102.5kg x 3 @9
    Drop
    97.5kg x 3 @8

Felt good so jumped up a bit to hit more than I had planned to.

2" Deficit SLDL:
    110kg x 5 @6
    122.5kg x 5 @7
    135kg x 5 @8
    Repeat
    135kg x 5 x 2 @8, 9
    130kg x 5 @9

Weird day. Blah. I felt strong, just some odd stuff gong on. Gonna take the weekend to reboot then back at it on Monday like usual.
    PES Representative
  16. Registered User
    Answers

Week 6 Day 1- June 2:

Squat w/Belt Work up to x3 @9 1 Down Set
    Pin Press (Chest Level) Bench Work up to x5 @9 1 Down Set

Squats w/Belt:
    Warm Up- Bar x 10, 60kg x 5, 110kg x 5, 130kg x 3, 150kg x 1
    165kg x 3 @7
    175kg x 3 @8
    185kg x 3 @9.5
    Drop
    175kg x 3 @9

Pin Press:
    90kg x 3 @7
    95kg x 3 @8
    100kg x 3 @8.5
    Drop
    95kg x 3 @8.5

Today is a perfect example of taking what is there. I was super tired waking up this morning and struggled to get in the zone. Weights were a bit tougher than anticipated, so went conservative and didn't push it. There is always next time.

Supplement Notes:
    -Not too much extra to report. I am holding onto my current body fat % even with more food intake. Weights seem to be moving in the right direction.
    -I really thought by now DOMS would lower a bit, but still riding pretty high. I was sore all weekend after those deadlifts.
    -Hit up a solid conditioning session on Saturday and was blown away by my work capacity. I was really killing it, but I could keep going without my heart rate hitting levels it normally would be at that workload.
    PES Representative
  17. Registered User
    Answers

Week 6 Day 2- June 3:

Bench Touch and Go Work up to x4 @9 1 Down Set
    2ct Pause Squat Work up to x 7 @9 1 Down Set

Deadlift w/Belt:
    170kg x 3 @7
    182.5kg x 3 @8
    195kg x 2 @9.5
    Drop
    180kg x 3 @9.5
    Grip Work @ 145kg

Ok so this absolutely BLEW. My hand almost tore and the bar felt glued to the floor. It really only felt that way on the top set (otherwise I would have NOT chosen to hit that weight). I was beyond pissed, between this, Friday's deadlift mess up, and Monday's struggle with weights that shouldn't be a struggle, I almost lost it.

I laid on the ground for a good 10 minutes and decided life isn't always good, workouts won't always go as planned, but it was over so it was time to move the F(*& on.

Bench Touch and Go:
    Warm Up: Bar x 10, 45kg x 10, 60kg x 5, 80kg x 4
    90kg x 4 @7
    95kg x 4 @8
    100kg x 4 @9
    Drop
    95kg x 4 @9

2ct Pause Squat:
    60kg x 7
    110kg x 7 @7
    125kg x 7 @8
    140kg x 7 @9
    Repeat
    130kg x 7 @9.5

I read my whole notebook and don't think I've ever done 7s on these. The weight was a PR (which I really needed after how I was feeling earlier). These absolutely blew though...7 reps with 2s in the bottom made the set feel eternal.

Week 6 Day 3- June 5:

Chain Squat Work up to x3 @9 1 Down Sets
    Push Press Work up to x7 @9 1 Down Set

Comp Bench:
    95kg x 3 @7
    100kg x 3 @8
    105kg x 3 @9
    Drop
    100kg x 3 @9

Was really going to take this slow, considering how hard squatting and deadlifting had been this week. Worked up, felt good, and hit the same top set as last week. I did a more gradual buildup so it was more work than last week.

Chain Squats:
    Warm Up: Bar x 10, 60kg x 5, 100kg x 3, 100kg (Add 1 Chain) x 3, 100kg (Add 2 Chain) x 3, 120kg x 1
    135kg x 3 @7
    145kg x 3 @8
    155kg x 3 @9
    Drop
    145kg x 3 @9

Been forever since I did these...but crushed them. I was super tight today, but was good by the first work set.

Push Press:
    Warm Up: 40 x 5
    45kg x 7 @7
    50kg x 7 @8
    55kg x 7 @9
    Repeat
    50kg x 7 @8

I've been doing some work to improve my overhead positioning (scap/thor relationship...mostly stuff from the JTS article a little while back) and did that stretch posted in Sean's log as well. Seems to be paying off...my strength here still sucks, but this was an improvement over past times with this exercise and it "feels" better.

Ok so the week started off horrible, but I've tried to regroup and things got better today with me keeping calm about it.

Another side note, total bro move, but it was real hot today so most of today's work was done shirtless...my traps and clavicle were not fans of my bars knurling.

Supplement Notes:
    -These DOMS. Really, its getting repetitive, but this stuff is surpassing ArA in terms of this for me.
    -I hit a little "whoosh" this week and seemed to have dropped some weight and gotten leaner. Despite upping my calories. I am upping carb intake some more as well.
    -I don't run very often, but did some running for conditioning this week, and 400m and 800m work wasn't as bad as usual (still sucks). I was pretty happy with performance there.
    PES Representative
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  258 lbs.
    Answers

Week 6 Day 2- June 3:

Bench Touch and Go Work up to x4 @9 1 Down Set
    2ct Pause Squat Work up to x 7 @9 1 Down Set

Deadlift w/Belt:
    170kg x 3 @7
    182.5kg x 3 @8
    195kg x 2 @9.5
    Drop
    180kg x 3 @9.5
    Grip Work @ 145kg

Ok so this absolutely BLEW. My hand almost tore and the bar felt glued to the floor. It really only felt that way on the top set (otherwise I would have NOT chosen to hit that weight). I was beyond pissed, between this, Friday's deadlift mess up, and Monday's struggle with weights that shouldn't be a struggle, I almost lost it.

I laid on the ground for a good 10 minutes and decided life isn't always good, workouts won't always go as planned, but it was over so it was time to move the F(*& on.

Bench Touch and Go:
    Warm Up: Bar x 10, 45kg x 10, 60kg x 5, 80kg x 4
    90kg x 4 @7
    95kg x 4 @8
    100kg x 4 @9
    Drop
    95kg x 4 @9

2ct Pause Squat:
    60kg x 7
    110kg x 7 @7
    125kg x 7 @8
    140kg x 7 @9
    Repeat
    130kg x 7 @9.5

I read my whole notebook and don't think I've ever done 7s on these. The weight was a PR (which I really needed after how I was feeling earlier). These absolutely blew though...7 reps with 2s in the bottom made the set feel eternal.

Week 6 Day 3- June 5:
    Chain Squat Work up to x3 @9 1 Down Sets
    Push Press Work up to x7 @9 1 Down Set

Comp Bench:
    95kg x 3 @7
    100kg x 3 @8
    105kg x 3 @9
    Drop
    100kg x 3 @9

Was really going to take this slow, considering how hard squatting and deadlifting had been this week. Worked up, felt good, and hit the same top set as last week. I did a more gradual buildup so it was more work than last week.

Chain Squats:
    Warm Up: Bar x 10, 60kg x 5, 100kg x 3, 100kg (Add 1 Chain) x 3, 100kg (Add 2 Chain) x 3, 120kg x 1
    135kg x 3 @7
    145kg x 3 @8
    155kg x 3 @9
    Drop
    145kg x 3 @9

Been forever since I did these...but crushed them. I was super tight today, but was good by the first work set.

Push Press:
    45kg x 7 @7
    50kg x 7 @8
    55kg x 7 @9
    Repeat
    50kg x 7 @8

I've been doing some work to improve my overhead positioning (scap/thor relationship...mostly stuff from the JTS article a little while back) and did that stretch posted in Sean's log as well. Seems to be paying off...my strength here still sucks, but this was an improvement over past times with this exercise and it "feels" better.

Ok so the week started off horrible, but I've tried to regroup and things got better today with me keeping calm about it.

Another side note, total bro move, but it was real hot today so most of today's work was done shirtless...my traps and clavicle were not fans of my bars knurling.

Supplement Notes:
    -These DOMS. Really, its getting repetitive, but this stuff is surpassing ArA in terms of this for me.
    -I hit a little "whoosh" this week and seemed to have dropped some weight and gotten leaner. Despite upping my calories. I am upping carb intake some more as well.
    -I don't run very often, but did some running for conditioning this week, and 400m and 800m work wasn't as bad as usual (still sucks). I was pretty happy with performance there.
    The iron giveth and the iron taketh away. We've all been there my man.

Recoverbro
  19. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by taman6886 View Post
    The iron giveth and the iron taketh away. We've all been there my man.
    Ya it was rough, but I ended the week well.

Week 6 Day 4- June 6:

Deadlift w/Chain Work up to x3 @9 1 Down Set
    Pin Press (Chest Level) Bench Work up to x4 @9 1 Down Set
    Pendlay Row Work up to x7 @9 1 Down Set

Deficit w/ Chain:
    Warm Up- 70kg x 5, 110kg x 5, Add 1 Chain x 3, Add 2 Chain x 2, 130kg x 1
    140kg x 3 @7
    150kg x 3 @8
    160kg x 3 @9
    Drop
    150kg x 3 @8

Was going to take it real easy today because of the recent deadlift disasters (lol). Things felt fast, but I had this real weird not around my QL/Erector on the left side. It was real tight, but didn't seem to effect things and I actually got up close to a PR on this. Felt good and fast. I belted up the drop set because the back was tight and it honestly made it feel more like a 7ish but called it 8 anyways.

90kg x 4 @7
    95kg x 4 @8
    100kg x 4 @9
    Drop
    95kg x 4 @9

Felt really good again. A whole rep more than same weight on Monday.

Pendlay Row:
    40kg x 10
    60kg x 7 @6.5
    70kg x 7 @7.5
    80kg x 7 @9
    Drop
    75kg x 7 @8.5

My Pendlay Rows usually suck so this was a big PR. Honestly not sure exactly where it came from.

Of course as soon as my workout ended my back feels fine and not tight at all. Sigh.

Supplement Notes:
    -Ok so I mentioned I was leaning out...well now I am seeing some extra lower ab veins. Definitely dropped some body fat since the start of this. Legs are also more vascular than usual
    -Today's workout I actually felt like I didn't do enough and had energy after it was over. This is something that has happened with some of my "lower volume" workout days.
    PES Representative
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  167 lbs.
    Answers

great work on those deads man. iv noticed while on myo recently doing deadlifts during reverse diet, or pretty much all compounds seem to feel lighter no matter what weight you do, grip strength improvments on deads are definitely a big one, or grip on barbell rows, can tell since not using straps as much
  21. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Answers

Nice Sean!!!!!
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  22. Registered User
    Answers

Week 7 Day 1- June 9:

Squat w/Belt Work up to x2 @9 2 Down Set
    2ct Pause Bench Work up to x4 @9 2 Down Set

Squats w/Belt:
    Warm Up- Bar x 10, 70kg x 5, 110kg x 5, 130kg x 3, 150kg x 1, 160kg x 1
    170kg x 2 @7
    180kg x 2 @8
    187.5kg x 2 @9
    Drop
    180kg x 2 x 2 @8.5, 9

Kept it conservative. Probably closer to 8.5, but it wasn't super deep like usual so it gets a 9.

2ct Pause Press:
    Warm Up: Bar x 10, 40kg x 10, 60kg x 5, 75kg x 4
    85kg x 4 @7
    92.5kg x 4 @8
    97.5kg x 4 @9.5
    Drop
    90kg x 4 x 2 @8, 9

Overshot just a tad. Felt good though and set up and movement feeling more refined.
    PES Representative
  23. Registered User
    Answers

Week 7 Day 2- June 10:

Deadlift w/Belt Work up to x3 @9 2 Down Set
    Bench Touch and Go Work up to x7 @10 2 Down Set
    Front Squat Work up to x 4 @8 Repeats, 4 sets

TRAC finally asked for more volume again..

Deadlift w/Belt:
    Warm Up- 70kg x 5, 110kg x 5, 130kg x 3, 150kg x 1, 170kg x 1
    180kg x 2 @7
    190kg x 2 @8
    200kg x 2 @9
    Drop
    190kg x 2 @9
    180kg x 2 x 2 @8, 9
    Grip Work @ 150kg

After last week I didn't know how this would go. Took what was there and hit a PR.

All that volume felt like death though.

Bench Touch and Go:
    Warm Up: Bar x 10, 45kg x 10, 70kg x 5
    82.5kg x 7 @7.5
    87.5kg x 7 @9
    92.5kg x 7 @10
    Drop
    85kg x 7 x 2 @9, 10
    80kg x 7 @10

Front Squat:
    70kg x 4
    80kg x 4 @6
    87.5kg x 4 @7
    95kg x 4 @8
    Repeat
    95kg x 4 x 3 @8, 8, 9
    90kg x 4 x 2 @8, 9

After all this volume I felt like death. Hands are raw, muscles are pretty fatigued, and I am just overall tired. Pretty solid lift though and numbers up throughout.
    PES Representative
  24. Registered User
    Answers

Today's lesson...just get the work in.

Week 7 Day 3- June 12:

Competition Bench Work up to x2 @9 2 Down Sets
    2ct Pause Squat Work up to x4 @9 2 Down Sets
    Close Grip Incline Press Work up to x4 @8 Repeats 4 Sets

TRAC asked for 2 more sets today on top of the already high stress.

Comp Bench:
    95kg x 2 @6.5
    102.5kg x 2 @8
    107.5kg x 2 @9.5
    Drop
    102.5kg x 2 x 2 @8.5, 9
    97.5kg x 2 x 2 @8, 9

2ct Pause Squats:
    Warm Up: Bar x 10, 80kg x 5, 110kg x 5, 130kg x 2
    140kg x 4 @7.5
    147.5kg x 4 @8.5
    Drop
    140kg x 4 x 3 @8, 8, 9
    132.5kg x 4 @8.5

Was aiming for 155kg on top set today. Meh. 147.5 was harder than anticipated and I had a ton of volume to do so instead of being stubborn I just called it there.

Close Grip Incline Press:
    Warm Up: 40 x 10
    60kg x 4 @6
    67.5kg x 4 @7
    75kg x 4 @8
    Repeat
    75kg x 4 x 5 @8, 8, 8, 8.5, 9

The end. I am dead. Pray for me for the amount of deficit pulls I will have tomorrow. I still feel a bit of DOMS from Tuesday's pulling.

Supplement Notes:
    -I am still seeing very nice benefits in endurance. Volume is insane this week and I am not fatiguing as fast as I'd expect.
    -DOMS are slowing down a bit or I am just getting used to feeling them all the time.
    PES Representative
  25. Registered User
    Answers

Week 7 Day 4- June 13:

Deficit Deadlift Work up to x4 @9 2 Down Set
    Pin Press (Chest Level) Bench Work up to x @9 2 Down Set
    2" Deficit SLDL Work up to x4 @8 Repeats 4 Sets

Killing the recovery apparently..TRAC had me add 2 more sets.

Deficit Deadlift:
    Warm Up- 60kg x 5, 110kg x 5, 130kg x 3
    150kg x 4 @7
    160kg x 4 @8
    170kg x 4 @8.5 or ~375lbs for those non-commies around here
    Drop
    160kg x 4 x 2 @8, 9
    150kg x 4 x 2 @7.5, 8.5

Felt 10000000000x better than two weeks ago when I failed. Grip was super strong today. I kept it conservative due to the volume (so I could through it and not totally die). 4th rep I reverted to a bit of a butt rise, but everything was nicely done today.

Warm Up: Bar x 10, 45kg x 10, 65kg x 5, 85kg x 2
    95kg x 2 @7
    100kg x 2 @8
    105kg x 2 @9
    Drop
    100kg x 2 x 4 @8, 8, 8.5, 9

Meh. Off and on with Bench. Clicked better on the back off sets (hence me not having to drop again), top set could have been better. Need to line the wrists up better.

2" Deficit SLDL:
    110kg x 4 @6
    125kg x 4 @7
    140kg x 4 @7.5
    Repeat
    130kg x 4 x 5 @7.5, 8, 8, 8.5, 9

I don't remember this too much. By this point I was running on mental energy to get through it. Looked good and the pulls were all fast on film. I did take pretty short rest too.

By the end of all this I was BEAT. Stretched and then devoured some food and prayed for some sparing on the inevitable DOMS tomorrow.
    PES Representative
  26. Registered User
    Answers

Week 8 Day 1- June 16:

Squat w/Belt Work up to x4 @9 1 Down Set
    3ct Pause Bench Work up to x2 @9 1 Down Set

TRAC asked for 2 more sets today.

Squats w/Belt:
    Warm Up- Bar x 10, 70kg x 5, 95kg x 5, 120kg x 4, 140 x 2
    155kg x 4 @7
    165kg x 4 @7.5
    177.5kg(~390lbs) x 4 @8.5
    Drop
    170kg x 4 @9
    160kg x 4 @8, 8.5

Went better than expected to made a jump up a bit from last time I did 4s. Surprised how things moved today. It was scorching in the gym today, so things felt a lot harder than they looked on tape (looked pretty simple ). Maybe I should have shot to tie a PR (180kg x 4) if I'd worked up to it different. Either way happy with this.

3ct Pause Press:
    Warm Up: Bar x 10, 40kg x 10, 60kg x 5, 70kg x 2, 80kg x 1
    90kg x 2 @7
    95kg x 2 @8
    100kg(~220lbs) x 2 @9
    Drop
    95kg x 2 @9
    90kg x 2 @8, 9

Felt good warming up so decided to build up to a PR tie. Didn't get to tape the top set, but filmed the first back off. Forarms aren't lined up with how I want, seems to be an upsetting recent trend.

Vid of top Squat set, final Squat set, and first drop set for Bench:

Side notes:
    -Killed some solid Mexican on Saturday. Also destroyed some Talenti Sea Salt Caramel. Sunday crushed pulled pork, baked beans, and random side dishes. Going out again to eat today. High School Graduations to attend (blahh), but the food due to this time of year is kind of worth it.
    -Been real tired lately. Probably all this volume, but my recovery is awesome right now. Never seen TRAC trends the way it is looking right now.
    PES Representative
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Answers

Solid squats, Bolt
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  28. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Solid squats, Bolt
    Thanks. I played with a real narrow grip on that final set. I kinda liked it...if my shoulders/elbow holds up I may try to stick with it.
    PES Representative
  29. Registered User
    Answers

Week 8 Day 2- June 17:

Deadlift w/Belt Work up to x4 @9 1 Down Set
    Bench Touch and Go Work up to x3 @9 1 Down Set
    303 Tempo Squat Work up to x 4 @8 3 Repeats

Again 2 extra sets via TRAC.

Deadlift w/Belt:
    Warm Up- 60kg x 5, 110kg x 5, 130kg x 3, 150kg x 2
    165kg x 4 @7
    177.5kg x 4 @8
    187.5kg x 4 @9
    Drop
    177.5kg x 4 @9
    170kg x 4 @8, 9
    Grip Work @ 152.5kg

Had a tad bit of trouble locking the upper back. This comes and goes and is something I am continually working on. Otherwise everything was pretty easy today. Grip work actually went real well (so hopefully that is a good sign for future heavy pulls!).

Bench Touch and Go:
    95kg x 3 @7
    100kg x 3 @8
    105kg x 3 @9
    Drop
    100kg x 3 @9
    95kg x 3 @8, 9

Felt form was better than yesterday. Still trying to fine tune my benching.

303 Tempo Squat:
    90kg x 4 @6
    100kg x 4 @7
    110kg x 4 @7.5
    Repeat
    110kg x 4 x 4 @8, 8, 8.5, 9

Maybe a little too conservative here, but figured my quads were shot from yesterday (most DOMS they've had in awhile) and I had a lot of volume to get in anyways.
    PES Representative
  30. Registered User
    Answers

Week 8 Day 3- June 19:

Competition Bench Work up to x4 @9 1 Down Sets
    Chain Squat Work up to x2 @9 1 Down Sets
    Military Press Work up to x4 @8 3 Repeats

1 extra set via TRAC.

Comp Bench:
    Warm Up- Bar x 10, 40kg x 10, 60kg x 5, 70kg x 2, 80kg x 2
    90kg x 4 @7
    95kg x 4 @8
    97.5kg x 4 @9
    Drop
    92.5kg x 4 @9
    90kg x 4 @8.5

Chain Squats:
    Warm Up: Bar x 10, 70kg x 5, 110kg x 3, 110kg (Add 1 Chain) x 3, 110kg (Add 2 Chain) x 2, 130kg x 1
    140kg x 2 @7
    150kg x 2 @8
    160kg x 2 @8.5
    Drop
    150kg x 2 x 2 @8, 9

Military Press:
    45kg x 4 @6
    50kg x 4 @7
    55kg x 4 @8
    Repeat
    50kg x 4 x 2 @8, 9
    45kg x 4 x 2 @8, 8

Shoulder was bugging out today. I slept weird (woke up with my neck hurting and in some odd position). I had a bunch of crap that was rough doing the first rib mobilization work. Nothing that should be an issue, but I had to keep things lighter on the presses today due to it.

Some progress pics. Not exactly when I started MyoSynergy, but close enough. Considering I haven't even really "cut calories" I am quite pleased.
    Attachment 102775

First pic is most recent**
    PES Representative
  31. Registered User
    Answers

MyoSynergy Update:

Ok so I know I haven't exactly been updating too much specifically about Myo. I am done with another packet and have one more (should last me right through my mock meet). Once I finish that I'll give a full update, with measurable changes in 1rm. Regardless of how that goes, I have felt it has been beneficial so far (more on how when I do a final review) and will be grabbing more to run again sometime.
    PES Representative
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Answers

MyoSynergy Update:

Ok so I know I haven't exactly been updating too much specifically about Myo. I am done with another packet and have one more (should last me right through my mock meet). Once I finish that I'll give a full update, with measurable changes in 1rm. Regardless of how that goes, I have felt it has been beneficial so far (more on how when I do a final review) and will be grabbing more to run again sometime.
    How long have you been on now, 2.5 months?
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  33. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    How long have you been on now, 2.5 months?
    Roughly 9 weeks I believe.
    PES Representative
  34. Registered User
    Answers

MyoSynergy Final Review Pt1:

Ok so I still have a week and a half left of MyoSynergy. I'll write a Pt.2 review after next week's mock meet and a week off to see how things go without MyoSynergy. I still feel I can write a pretty good overview of what I have noticed throughout this now though.

I originally wanted to based the review off several things so I'll go over how it did/didn't impact these areas:

Strength: We will see this after the Mock Meet. So TBD. Did hit some PRs though.

Endurance: This was the biggest area of note. I noticed this pretty quick. Ability to repeat efforts, hit more reps at a given intensity, and ability to hit higher reps on my accessory work with added weight was noted throughout the log. The biggest effect was seen on above 10 rep sets. My GPP days are usually higher rep and my endurance and work capacity went up a lot during this (to it kind of blew my mind levels at first).

Next, ability to "repeat effort" was greatly improved. For those unfamiliar with my training I use RPE to determine difficulty. When it reaches a certain level if I haven't reached the required volume for the day I have to drop more weight to get the volume in. I very rarely had to drop the weight on the submaximal work sets, which was quite out of the ordinary.

Recovery: Ok so I showed a comparison with TRAC for the first month, but won't toss up another. I didn't really see any "improved recovery" that was significant. In the second month I did hit a level that had some very marked recovery, but it was only for 2 weeks. That said I didn't see a decrease in recovery despite the increasing in weights and volume over the course of the log. I noticed quite a bit of DOMS, but nothing that hurt performance.

That covers what "I expected to look for". During the log a couple things beyond that manifested:

Pump: I seemed to note an increase in pumps and muscle fullness. Nothing mind blowing, but considering I wasn't using any volumizers or pump agents the first half of the log I was quite impressed. Muscles felt "denser". Vascularity was up and pumps came fast when I did anything of decent TUT and volume.

Recomp: I felt this happened beyond what I expected. I've been training quite awhile so gains don't come fast. I also try to stay relatively lean (10-12%) the vast majority of the year. I was eating quite a bit and still managed to drop some fat. I did lose a couple pounds at a certain point, added more food, and regained a pound or so. Pictures show this better (first pic in each is before, after pics are the second/third in each):

Name:  MyoProgress.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  60.3 KB
    Name:  March-June 2014.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  44.4 KB

Overall: While I still have to see how my total strength levels pan out, I did enjoy this. To the point I bought more and will purchase again.
    PES Representative
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.
    Answers

MyoSynergy Final Review Pt1:

Ok so I still have a week and a half left of MyoSynergy. I'll write a Pt.2 review after next week's mock meet and a week off to see how things go without MyoSynergy. I still feel I can write a pretty good overview of what I have noticed throughout this now though.

I originally wanted to based the review off several things so I'll go over how it did/didn't impact these areas:

Strength: We will see this after the Mock Meet. So TBD. Did hit some PRs though.

Endurance: This was the biggest area of note. I noticed this pretty quick. Ability to repeat efforts, hit more reps at a given intensity, and ability to hit higher reps on my accessory work with added weight was noted throughout the log. The biggest effect was seen on above 10 rep sets. My GPP days are usually higher rep and my endurance and work capacity went up a lot during this (to it kind of blew my mind levels at first).

Next, ability to "repeat effort" was greatly improved. For those unfamiliar with my training I use RPE to determine difficulty. When it reaches a certain level if I haven't reached the required volume for the day I have to drop more weight to get the volume in. I very rarely had to drop the weight on the submaximal work sets, which was quite out of the ordinary.

Recovery: Ok so I showed a comparison with TRAC for the first month, but won't toss up another. I didn't really see any "improved recovery" that was significant. In the second month I did hit a level that had some very marked recovery, but it was only for 2 weeks. That said I didn't see a decrease in recovery despite the increasing in weights and volume over the course of the log. I noticed quite a bit of DOMS, but nothing that hurt performance.

That covers what "I expected to look for". During the log a couple things beyond that manifested:

Pump: I seemed to note an increase in pumps and muscle fullness. Nothing mind blowing, but considering I wasn't using any volumizers or pump agents the first half of the log I was quite impressed. Muscles felt "denser". Vascularity was up and pumps came fast when I did anything of decent TUT and volume.

Recomp: I felt this happened beyond what I expected. I've been training quite awhile so gains don't come fast. I also try to stay relatively lean (10-12%) the vast majority of the year. I was eating quite a bit and still managed to drop some fat. I did lose a couple pounds at a certain point, added more food, and regained a pound or so. Pictures show this better (first pic in each is before, after pics are the second/third in each):

Name:  MyoProgress.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  60.3 KB
    Name:  March-June 2014.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  44.4 KB

Overall: While I still have to see how my total strength levels pan out, I did enjoy this. To the point I bought more and will purchase again.
    Looking good there bolt! Great job!
  36. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

The difference in your serratus area is very telling. Excellent log...thank you again!
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  37. Registered User
    Answers

Multiquote is bugging. So you two up there thanks! Honestly strength hasn't gone up as much as I'd like, but this last 2-3 weeks I've had some stupid out of gym stuff happen. Still aiming at some small PRs though. I'll update after.
    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    The difference in your serratus area is very telling. Excellent log...thank you again!
    No problem, thanks again for giving me the opportunity. I wish I could get a better pic of the vascularity. My whole core is pretty veiny which isn't something that happens very often. To get stronger while losing some fat over this time frame is quite impressive.
    PES Representative
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  167 lbs.
    Answers

man mirin. whatever is bugging you outside the gym, just keep your head down and find your groove again. for strength iv noticed bumping the dose to 14 caps did wonders for strength increases, expensive but can always go back to normal dose but 200mg epi(-)- seems like a sweet spot compared to first 3 weeks i ran it on just 7. paired with AmentoMax pre wo, your mock meet should be a walk in the park
  39. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Auslifter View Post
    man mirin. whatever is bugging you outside the gym, just keep your head down and find your groove again. for strength iv noticed bumping the dose to 14 caps did wonders for strength increases, expensive but can always go back to normal dose but 200mg epi(-)- seems like a sweet spot compared to first 3 weeks i ran it on just 7. paired with AmentoMax pre wo, your mock meet should be a walk in the park
    Thanks! Ya life can be a pain, but I am not upset. The added stress is from new adventures, challenges, and opportunities. It sucks when it hurts my gym performance, but in the big picture it isn't the end of the world. I am gonna have a deadlift party with some friends while doing my mock meet too...should be crazy.
    PES Representative
  40. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Answers

You and I are almost identical in both albino and leanness
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er