EvoMuse Myo-Synergy Log

Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last

  1. in this bish


  2. I got 1rms now after today's meet. I'll update when home and after I have my buddy edit the video.

    Thanks to all who are already following along...
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    I got 1rms now after today's meet. I'll update when home and after I have my buddy edit the video.

    Thanks to all who are already following along...
    Nice! How'd you do?
    EvoMuse

  4. Quote Originally Posted by domore View Post
    Nice! How'd you do?
    7/9 for 1145lbs total (445/245/455) at 165lbs. Not as well as I wanted so I'm feeling pretty motivated to get on my grind for July.
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com

  5. Pretty good man!!!
    ...::: Olympus Labs Athlete & Representative :::...
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -
    •   
       


  6. Unsubbed

  7. Edit: Posted it down below with videos as well.
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com



  8. Week 1 Day 1- April 28:


    Squat w/Belt Work up to x5 @9 0 Down Set
    2ct Pause Bench Work up to x3 @9 0 Down Set


    Squats w/Belt:
    Warm Up- Bar x 10, 60kg x 5, 100kg x 5, 135kg x 5
    150kg x 5 @7.5
    160kg x 5 @8.5

    Down a little bit from usual, but about the normal drop off I see on Monday's after competing. Hip felt fine so that was a big positive.



    2ct Pause Press:
    Warm Up: Bar x 10, 40kg x 10, 60kg x 5, 80kg x 3
    90kg x 3 @8
    95kg x 3 @9

    Same as squats. Just a little down from usual.



    I did feel very tired all day Monday. Just felt drained.



    Week 1 Day 2- April 29:


    Deadlift w/Belt Work up to x5 @9 0 Down Set
    Bench Touch and Go Work up to x7 @10 0 Down Set
    Front Squat Work up to x 6 @9 0 Down Set

    Deadlift w/Belt:
    Warm Up- 60kg x 5, 110kg x 5
    150kg x 5 @7
    160kg x 5 @8
    170kg x 5 @8.5

    Again, down a little, but overall felt better than yesterday. Surprised sets of 5 on Deadlifts wasn't absolute death.



    Bench Touch and Go:
    Warm Up: Bar x 10, 40kg x 10, 60kg x 7,
    80kg x 7 @7.5
    85kg x 7 @8.5
    90kg x 7 @10

    Front Squat:
    60kg x 6
    80kg x 6 @7
    90kg x 6 @8
    95kg x 6 @8.5



    Felt better today compared to yesterday. Still tired, but I am not dragging and no aches or pains.
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com

  9. Week 1 Day GPP1- April 30th

    Back to my usual GPP work on Wednesdays. Still feeling a bit sick (head cold), but no issues training wise.

    Warm Up
    then
    10-Minutes Max Reps for Meadows Rows
    then
    10-Minutes Max Reps for Barbell Ab Rollouts
    then
    Cosgrove Complex for time
    then
    15 minutes mobility work

    Felt really good overall. I hit more reps then I had last time I hit this and finished the complex faster as well. Possible increases in Endurance from MyoSynergy already?



    Week 1 Day 3- May 1:

    Competition Bench Work up to x5 @9 0 Down Sets
    2ct Pause Squat Work up to x3 @9 0 Down Sets
    Close Grip Incline Press Work up to x6 @9 0 Down Sets


    Comp Bench:
    Warm Up- Bar x 10, 40kg x 10, 60kg x 5
    80kg x 5 @7
    85kg x 5 @8
    90kg x 5 @9

    2ct Pause Squats:
    Warm Up: Bar x 10, 60kg x 5, 100kg x 5, 120kg x 5
    130kg x 3 @7
    140kg x 3 @8
    150kg x 3 @9

    Starting to feel a bit back to normal. These felt good. Knees swam a bit on the last set, but I felt stronger on these than I had in a long time.



    Close Grip Incline Press:
    Warm Up: 40 x 10, 50 x 6
    60kg x 6 @7
    65kg x 6 @8
    70kg x 6 @8.5

    Head is super congested, but I was able to lift no issues. Everything felt better than last time and I seem to be getting closer to hitting my stride again. Sumos on tap for tomorrow! This could get interesting...

    Supplement Notes:
    -I didn't think I'd have much to update on this soon, but I have noticed a couple things (but more time will tell if they are related to MyoSynergy or not).
    -DOMS is up. I am low stress/volume with my training this week, yet I am pretty sore all over. Traps and triceps are two areas I don't note a ton of DOMS usually, but I am feeling it pretty strong today.
    -Endurance appears to be up. During my GPP session yesterday I crushed my old rep PR and finished my complex with ease. Also, PRd on incline close grip today (still really weak there ). So at the very least I am recovering quickly from my competition already.
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com

  10. Nice pauses!

    I should have mentioned the DOMS as well. Normally don't get DOMS from training my back since it's high frequency, but I had it the day after the heavy rowing.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Nice pauses!

    I should have mentioned the DOMS as well. Normally don't get DOMS from training my back since it's high frequency, but I had it the day after the heavy rowing.
    Ya its kind of weird right now. I don't usually get much anymore and my volume is really low AND I am not even at full strength. I wonder what next week will be like.....I have 303 Tempo Squats sometime next week so if this keeps up I might not be able to walk after those.
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com

  12. I have it significantly today in my chest. This is a really promising effect.

    My chest is also still "inflated" from last nights workout.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

  13. Not really sure how to bring this up, but since both of you are here....can you keep an eye on any positive changes in your...manhood?

    I don't want to taint (see what I did there?) the feedback by suggesting anything, but let me know when playtime comes around with your partner if you notice anything different.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

  14. Ha! Whenever the time 'arises' I'll be observant.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  15. Libido and doms sounds like good effects so far..



  16. Week 1 Day 4- May 2:


    Sumo Deadlift Work up to x3 @9 0 Down Set
    3ct Pause Bench Work up to x4 @9 0 Down Set
    2" Deficit SLDL Work up to x6 @9 0 Down Set

    Sumo Deadlift:
    Warm Up- 60kg x 5, 100kg x 5, 120kg x 3
    140kg x 3 @7
    150kg x 3 @8
    160kg x 3 @9

    Not much to say. Been over a year since I've done these, but have them in to give em a try for a bit. Going to have to play around with foot placement some to find what is most comfortable, but not too bad today. They got hard pretty quick. Stopped at 160kg because it got real hard to break from the floor, but lock out was still easy. The number of things I need to work on is pretty high, but I didn't think it went to bad for a first time.

    Here are some vids of a couple sets...go easy on me because I see quite a bit to work on:



    3ct Pause Bench:
    Warm Up: Bar x 15, 40kg x 10, 60kg x 5
    80kg x 4 @7
    85kg x 4 @8
    90kg x 4 @8.5

    I have a TON of these in this training cycle...gonna be brutal but should be quite helpful. Not too far off from PR territory already.

    2" Deficit SLDL:
    Warm Up: 100kg x 6
    120kg x 6 @7
    130kg x 6 @8
    140kg x 6 @9
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com

  17. Week 1 MyoSynergy Impressions:

    -It has only been around a week so I don't expect to be able to tell much and trends will be easier to see after a few more weeks, but I did notice some things worth noting so far.
    -I noticed increase DOMS throughout the week. Traps, tris, chest, and hamstrings were areas where it was most apparent. Will have to keep an eye on this in coming weeks as volume increases.
    -Endurance did seem to be up. Hit some solid numbers on some assistance lifts, supplmentary exercise work, and conditioning. Interested to see if this keeps improving over the course of the log.
    -I felt "puffy" at the start of the week, but look leaner towards the end. No idea why I felt puffy, but will keep an eye on body comp as this continues. Calories will be bumping up a bit next week due to increased training volume.

    Here is my recovery graph for the week. The red shows some indications of that increased DOMS, but the other recovery markers all look great, especially the week after a competition. Will compare future weeks with this and May's whole month read out with all of April's readout at the end of the log:
    Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  73.8 KB
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com

  18. Check out the big brain computer skillz on brad!
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

  19. Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    Week 1 MyoSynergy Impressions:

    -It has only been around a week so I don't expect to be able to tell much and trends will be easier to see after a few more weeks, but I did notice some things worth noting so far.
    -I noticed increase DOMS throughout the week. Traps, tris, chest, and hamstrings were areas where it was most apparent. Will have to keep an eye on this in coming weeks as volume increases.
    -Endurance did seem to be up. Hit some solid numbers on some assistance lifts, supplmentary exercise work, and conditioning. Interested to see if this keeps improving over the course of the log.
    -I felt "puffy" at the start of the week, but look leaner towards the end. No idea why I felt puffy, but will keep an eye on body comp as this continues. Calories will be bumping up a bit next week due to increased training volume.

    Here is my recovery graph for the week. The red shows some indications of that increased DOMS, but the other recovery markers all look great, especially the week after a competition. Will compare future weeks with this and May's whole month read out with all of April's readout at the end of the log:
    <img src="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachment.php?attachment****10 0489"/>
    What on earth...

  20. Dude, LOVE THE GRAPHS! How objective is that? (not knocking, just asking for clarification)
    Recoverbro

  21. Quote Originally Posted by taman6886 View Post
    Dude, LOVE THE GRAPHS! How objective is that? (not knocking, just asking for clarification)
    Yes this is what I meant by what on earth lol

  22. Quote Originally Posted by taman6886 View Post
    Dude, LOVE THE GRAPHS! How objective is that? (not knocking, just asking for clarification)
    Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    Yes this is what I meant by what on earth lol
    Check this out for more info: https://store.reactivetrainingsystem...ProductCode=84

    I do know that this is the third version and a ton of testing has gone into each (each version is a continued upgrade based on more data).

    From my own personal experience using it over the past year it has done a good job of giving me feedback on hitting the gym and making the right adjustments. I am interested to see if there is any noticeable feedback in the recovery trends over the month. I know when I use Abyss UP and Sensoril that I see an overall increase in recovery in comparison to when I don't, for example.
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com

  23. Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    Check this out for more info: https://store.reactivetrainingsystem...ProductCode=84 I do know that this is the third version and a ton of testing has gone into each (each version is a continued upgrade based on more data). From my own personal experience using it over the past year it has done a good job of giving me feedback on hitting the gym and making the right adjustments. I am interested to see if there is any noticeable feedback in the recovery trends over the month. I know when I use Abyss UP and Sensoril that I see an overall increase in recovery in comparison to when I don't, for example.
    I listen to the Performance Podcast (Wil Fleming and Robert Dos Remedios), and they were talking to Alwyn Cosgrove about monitoring heart rate as means to track recovery. I think it is an awesome way for those who train 4 or more days a week to get an indication to scale back workouts or ramp them up.
    EvoMuse

  24. Quote Originally Posted by domore View Post
    I listen to the Performance Podcast (Wil Fleming and Robert Dos Remedios), and they were talking to Alwyn Cosgrove about monitoring heart rate as means to track recovery. I think it is an awesome way for those who train 4 or more days a week to get an indication to scale back workouts or ramp them up.
    Ya it's good stuff. I know Mike played around with HRV a bit when he was first working things out trying to find the best way to track recovery.

    So I weighed in today same as competition weight but I look much leaner right now. Hmmmmm....
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com

  25. Was out of town for these two days so you guys are lucky because the weights are in lbs.



    Week 2 Day 1- May 5:


    Squat w/Belt Work up to x4 @9 1 Down Set
    Pin Press Bench (Chest Level) Work up to x4 @9 1 Down Set

    TRAC called for extra 2 sets of volume.

    Squats w/Belt:
    Warm Up- Bar x 10, 135lbs x 5, 225lbs x 4, 295lbs x 4
    335lbs x 4 @7
    355lbs x 4 @7.5
    375lbs x 4 @9
    Drop
    355lbs x 4 x 3 @7, 7.5, 8

    Today's lesson is focus on each current set. Everything was feeling awesome so I didn't focus as hard as necessary and got a bit out of position on rep 4 at 375lbs. Made it much harder than it needed to be. Oh well there is always next week. Squats felt great.

    Pin Press (Chest Level)*:
    Warm Up: Bar x 10, 95lbs x 10, 135lbs x 5, 165lbs x 4
    185lbs x 4 @7
    195lbs x 4 @8
    205lbs x 4 @9
    Drop
    195lbs x 4 x 3 @8, 8.5, 9

    *Was out of town and the crossfit I lifted at didn't have a rack so I did my pin presses by resting the plates on boxes. Got a perfect set up, but it still felt different than my usual pin presses.

    I did feel very tired all day Monday. Just felt drained.



    Week 2 Day 2- May 6:


    Deadlift w/Belt Work up to x4 @9 1 Down Set
    Bench Touch and Go Work up to x2 @9 1 Down Set
    303 Tempo Squat Work up to x 7 @9 1 Down Set

    TRAC wanted 2 extra sets again and I had very high DOMS so it asked for some recovery work.

    Deadlift w/Belt:
    Warm Up- 135lbs x 5 x 2, 225lbs x 5, 275lbs x 4, 315lbs x 4
    345lbs x 4 @7
    375lbs x 4 @8
    405lbs x 4 @8.5
    Drop
    375lbs x 4 x 3 @7.5, 8.5, 9
    Grip Work
    295lbs x 20s x 3

    Forgot the grip work on the work sets leading up (6s hold after last rep), but did get them on the drop sets and for the 20s holds at the end (this was brutal).

    Top set video and you can go to my page and watch my grip work if you want to see how that goes (just don't laugh at the faces I make lol)


    Bench Touch and Go:
    Warm Up: Bar x 10, 95lbs x 10, 135lbs x 5, 165lbs x 2, 195lbs x 2
    210lbs x 2 @7
    220lbs x 2 @8
    230lbs x 2 @9
    Drop
    220lbs x 2 x 3 @8, 8.5, 9

    303 Tempo Squats
    Bar x 10, 135lbs x 7, 185lbs x 7
    215lbs x 7 @7
    230lbs x 7 @8
    245lbs x 7 @9
    Drop
    235lbs x 7 @9
    225lbs x 7 x 2 @8, 9

    These are the most humbling and demolishing exercise ever. They feel easy then rep 5 hits and everything starts to burn and that 3s on the way up feels like eternity.

    Reps were a little faster than I'd like, but it was super hard anyways:


    Other than DOMS being insane right now I feel really good. Strength feels back to right around where it was pre-contest.

    MyoSynergy Notes:
    -As I said DOMS is really high. The quick increase in volume is the cause, but even so it does seem more than usual at this volume. Will watch to see how I adjust to continual increased volume.
    -Weight staying constant despite what appears to be some fat loss.
    -Vascularity is up, I had some crazy ones in the calves and legs this week.
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 61
    Last Post: 09-10-2007, 10:39 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-17-2007, 08:32 PM
Log in
Log in