MyoSynergy Log

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't spend nearly as much time over here as I once did, but I'll be logging MyoSynergy. I just got it yesterday and given it was an off day, I just took 4 caps in the evening (per Matt's instructions; dosing 8 caps on my workout days to ensure I get the full amount necessary). I'll be popping 8 caps with my pre-workout meal this afternoon and hitting a HIT chest session after work.

I'm in my final week of an 8 week cycle (anavar, trenavar, transdermal DHEA and a low dose of transdermal 11-OXO along with some other goodies for fat burning). For those who have been around long enough to know me, you know I've had my share of battles with medical stuff over the past few years and starting back this past June, things finally started to swing back in my favor. This cycle has been the best experience I've ever had and as of this morning, I'm sitting at 229.2 lbs; the lowest I've been since 2011 (and carrying more lean mass than I probably was back then, too).

I'll go into some more details later as well as update what my current supplementation and workout schedule looks like, but I wanted to get this up before I forgot to post it and fell behind lol.

As you have questions feel free to fire away.

bdybldnaam

Awards
Subbed.

Really curious to see MyoSynergy's potential.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In. Curious to see how this compares to Follidrone.

ms_mac

ms_mac

Awards
In! Starting mine on Sunday. Can't wait.:)

jjobe6

jjobe6

Awards
  • Established
In.

I'll be trying this out too, when my order comes in.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In out of curiosity

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In because......well obviously this log needs it some T3 lovin'

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Too early to report anything.

Had my HIT chest session last night. My workout routine follows weeks A, B and C in the format of A, B, A, C, repeat. So the A weeks are heavy (Max-OT) and B and C (in no order) are HIT and HVT sessions (intensity and volume). So those really only get hit once a month.

Last time I hit my HIT chest session, I weighed literally 20 pounds heavier than I did last night (closer to 21, actually). Anyway, I kept all of my weight, reps, and sets the same. I could've pushed for gains, but I cared more about not losing any quality on form or RoM. So I'm very happy to maintain that much on a 20 lb. body weight drop.

I do a 4x12 on a few different lifts (5 for chest) and there are 60 seconds rest between sets and 120 seconds rest (or as long as it takes to set up the next station when changing lifts; that really only tends to go longer when it's something like loading up a ton of plates on the bar for shrugs on delts/traps day).

My proudest accomplishment out of all of that was going 215x12 on all 4 sets of flat bench because of the hip imbalance I've dealt with that led to a shoulder/upper back imbalance and an uneven base for my pressing movements. It took my weight WAY down a few years ago and took a long time to get it back up (e.g. I was pressing over 300 lbs for reps like 4 years ago on flat bench and had to go back down to 25's on each side and work back up; actually had to start on the Smith machine, to get my form back in order). So not all that impressive of numbers, but given where I came back from, they are to me.

The plan was HIT back, tonight, but I may do it tomorrow, instead. Either way (today or tomorrow), I'll have an off day built in with a basketball day Sunday afternoon after church. Was planning on the off day tomorrow, but have had some shortness of breath this morning; nothing awful, but just noticeable, so I may lift tomorrow if I don't feel better by this afternoon.

That's about all there is to report. Woke up at 229.2 lbs again this morning.

domore

Awards
Why wouldn't you be pumped if your twenty pounds lighter, and still hitting the same numbers?! That's awesome!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why wouldn't you be pumped if your twenty pounds lighter, and still hitting the same numbers?! That's awesome!
Oh no, I'm thrilled to maintain strength this well while being so much lighter/leaner. It's been a few days since I've been on here/read what I'd posted, but I imagine it may have sounded that way just in terms that I wasn't attributing anything to MyoSynergy 2 days into things lol.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Okay, so Friday I did not feel well. Wasn't sick per se, but had some shortness of breath and other things that may have come from dosing my DNP slightly higher (though it's not anywhere near as high as I've used, so I'm a bit skeptical of that as the sole cause, at least) or it may have been a really subconscious sneaking up of a mild anxiety attack. I've only had 2 in my life (both were miserable experiences) and both were directly related to finishing up my thesis for my master's because I just felt so overwhelmed. Anyway, this was nothing at all like that, but I do have a lot going on and my wife and I are both looking to relocate and I think it may have been my looking at a few positions that would have put me right in the heart of DC to give her more opportunity. I am not a city person at all and didn't enjoy DC when I was up around there with her, either. Don't get me wrong, it's an experience and I appreciate all of the history and such, but it's not somewhere I'd want to live and a level of traffic/population I'd want to deal with on a daily basis. I honestly think that was it. But the point of all that was simply to say that I took my off day a day early on Friday instead of Saturday because I didn't even eat anything until about 5 PM. So I lifted my HIT back session on Saturday instead.

Had a good workout, kept all my numbers the same as before (again, despite being 20 pounds lighter from the last time I did it). The only exception being on 2 of the FreeMotion machines that were up on the track and it was only because there were no plates around up there and the stacks jumped 20 pounds each, so I didn't hassle with going to find a 10 and squeezing it in there/wasting time. So on 2 of those, my numbers went down by 10 pounds, though I could have lifted more. However, I made sure to work at a little bit of a slower tempo on the actual lifts (still the same abbreviated rest periods) and really held the contractions at the bottom.

Played 2+ hours of basketball yesterday and actually managed to weigh in when I got home after that down to 228.0, which is the lowest I've seen in years.

I'll hit my Max-OT arms session tonight (with legs on Tuesday and delts/traps on Wednesday). That will be the final day of my cycle (60 days) and on Wednesday night, I'll be flying out east for a job interview and to make a weekend getaway out of it with my wife.

I'll update on what my PCT protocol is as the time comes and I may get some light work in at one of the hotels if I feel so compelled, but honestly, I intend to take Thursday-Sunday off because it gives me WAY less to pack and take with and gives me more time to focus on my wife.

Vascularity is even still continuing to slowly improve as the skin in my forearms seems to be getting tighter/thinner and I'm seeing even more (subtly, at this point) veins than I had before. This has probably been my favorite part of the cycle, because even when I was 205 back in college and had a 6 pack, I never had this. So that leads me to believe that I've added some good quality muscle.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hit my heavy arm session last night and it went well; stayed the same on most numbers with a few very minor drops solely to ensure I was contracting as hard as I could at the end of each rep. Still able to keep it at 200 lbs on my low incline bench skull crushers using the EZ bar + 2 45's on each side for 3 sets of 6. And hitting 160 lbs for 3x6 on my barbell curls. And was able to keep my DB hammer curls at the 130's and only found myself struggling on my final rep of the last set, which impressed me.

As for the weight this morning (233.2), likely just ate too much yesterday. My pre-workout meal was the biggest I've had in a while and for dinner I allowed myself half of a store-bought roast beef sub and a little thing of like 3/4 of a pound of general tso's chicken from the deli. So between some more cals than usual and replenished glycogen stores after a day of hard basketball and no lifting, I'm not worried about this. Obviously I'll be more careful about how many cals I take in today, though lol.

Plan is to hit legs tonight and then delts/traps tomorrow to finish up, but I may combine it into a super workout tomorrow to allow myself the evening to get all of my packing and pre-trip stuff taken care of because I know after hitting legs hard, I'll come home and not want to do any of the things that I need to. Still undecided, but leaning toward combining both tomorrow.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Took yesterday off to get all of my packing/prep done for my upcoming trip.

Will hit my heavy legs and delts/traps sessions in about an hour or so before I head out. Doubt I'll have time to update once I finish before I leave, but will hopefully weigh in quickly tomorrow.

Today is the last day of the cycle and PCT will begin tomorrow. No training Thursday-Sunday.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
PCT

Day 5

229.8 lbs

Okay, so first of all, I had my final workout on cycle on Wednesday of last week and I crammed delts, traps and legs all into a small window of time for my Max-OT session. I didn't get to do nearly as much as I wanted to (since I had to fly out fairly early), but I still got a workout in. Dropped only by about 20 lbs. on my Hammer Strength Overhead presses (got up to 340x6, I believe). Still was hitting the 110's for DB side laterals (down from the 120's on a couple sets). Stayed the same on my solo reverse cable flys for rear delts (felt real strong on those) and then still went just as heavy (think I was at 505, IIRC) for my barbell shrugs. As for legs, I only managed to get in my hack squats, but worked more sets and got up to 500x3 on my final set (leg press was taken and I couldn't afford to wait). And then I hit some heavy calves, too. It sucked because I really wanted to do more, but I already ran over the time I allotted by a bit, so something was better than nothing. And next week when I'm ready for Max-OT again, they'll get a full evening's worth of work.

Thursday marked Day 1 of PCT and from then until today, I have not been in the gym. I was gone for the weekend for a job interview and spending a weekend getaway with my wife. I'll hit my first workout of PCT (Max-OT chest), this evening.

I have to say, I was very impressed with how I looked Thursday-Saturday. I stayed incredibly lean and dry and the vascularity is still just as high as its been. It's incredible. I'm finally starting to see the whole loop of the lat coming down into the obliques for that oval shape on the side (I still have some lower back fat that's keeping it from being as crisp as I ultimately want, but still, major progress from where I was). I still looked fine on Sunday and today, but being out of the gym and without the glycogen stores (and not getting to eat nearly as much as I wanted/needed yesterday), in addition to allowing myself some extra room on what I ate Friday/Saturday just had me looking not as crisp. Still have abdominal definition and not bad by any means, but I was just overly impressed the days before. So I'll be really interested to see what this week/weekend bring as I hit the gym hard and dial the diet back in (back to baking tilapia! lol).

For PCT, this is what I've got lined up supplement wise:

- Clomid (100mg the first 4 days, 50mg now and will likely stop after week 1, for sure by week 2 as I have mild existing gyno and enough other items to bring HPTA function back up since I'm still feeling great anyway)
- Letro
- Test Infusion
- Methyl EAA
- Test Stack #17 (just finishing off the rest of the bottle I had used on the back end of the cycle to help atrophy)
- Anabeta (OG)
- MyoSynergy (really hoping to see this shine through PCT)
- Alpha Burn
- Vanillean
- DCP v1
- Raspberry Ketones
- Abliderate AMMO

And then I have my other typical staples, but those are the only unique items right now (that I can think of off the top of my head). I ceased GW for the month when I stopped my cycle; I'm still on the low dose of DNP and intend to until otherwise noted and I just wanted to add some of these other fat burners in to make up the difference of losing the GW (plus I have them all anyway).

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
PCT

Day 6

229.8 lbs.

Clocked in at the same weight this morning and that's after a heavy chest session and eating a lot more than the previous day, so I'm very happy with that. Leads me to believe I replenished some glycogen stores and didn't spill over into any (real) fat gain.

Workout was as follows:

Barbell bench press: 305x6 (x3)*
Hammer Strength Incline Bench Press: 360x6/370x6/380x5
Hammer Strength Decline Bench Press: 340x6 (x3)
Free Motion Cable Crossovers: 145x6 (x3) / 80x12 --(decreasing by 10)--> 20x12**
DB Flys: 40's x 12 (x2) / 35's x 12 / 30's x 12 / 25's x 12***

* Last time (~2.5 weeks ago) I did this workout, I got 315x5 on my last set, but it was with a spotter on the last 2 reps. This week I had a spotter standing by, but he never touched the bar once. The sets were relatively easy; not simple, but no insane struggles. I plan to push for 315 again next time (and the last time I did this I was also on cycle, so I'm very pleased with the results).

** I added the drop sets at the end (7 additional sets to my normal 3 heavy) to go for hypertrophy. There was no more than 5 seconds rest between these sets; just changing the pin in the stack and pushing through.

*** Last time, I only got 2 sets in and felt a slight tweak in my neck/trap, so I shut it down. But normally, I start with 40's x 12 and work up by 5's to 60's or 65's x 12. I went the other direction today; drop sets again, in order to push for hypertrophy at the end. By the end, my wrists were actually feeling more stress than my chest was, so that's why I stopped at the 25's.

Other than what was specifically noted, all lifts were the same as 2.5 weeks ago (last time). So same reps, no weight decreases and clocking in at roughly 3 pounds lighter (and off cycle lol) this time.

I'll be going for my Max-OT back session this afternoon and looking forward to/dreading my deadlifts lol. I love them, but it's definitely when I have to be fully in the zone. Then Wednesday will be my off day and I'll transition into my High Volume (sets of 25) week starting Thursday. Also took another 50mg clomid this morning and plan to stop there and just continue with my OTC products for the rest of the route due to my slight gyno from all the previous weight gain and wanting to keep that from flaring up by provoking it with the SERM. If needed, I can always add it back in, but I feel great and have plenty of other things working on increasing LH and FSH.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
x2 Subbed

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glad to have the rest of you following along!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
PCT

Day 7

229.6 lbs

Hit my heavy back session last night and it went very well for the most part:

Underhand grip lat pulldowns: 275x6 (x3)
Seated rows (wide/neutral grip): 315x6 (x3)*
Deadlifts: 335x6/335x5/335x6**

Numbers on my first 2 lifts were the same and deads were an increase of 20 on 1 set and 10 on the other 2.

*I don't know if they recalibrated the cable or what (new ownership just took over recently and they've been fixing the place up),but on top of the entire stack, I had to add another 55 lbs. So I used another pin to stick a 25 plate on there and then the little 5 lb. rubber slivers that I stacked on top of the stack for the additional 30 lbs. But it felt almost like something was pulling/rubbing; it was just really stiff. I checked to make sure nothing was catching and I didn't see anything, so I just powered through it, but I may have to switch to something else if it stays like that, because it didn't feel good at all.

**I'm not sure if I just went too heavy after starting back over or what, but my lower back feels ever so slightly tender today right on the spine, just above the waistline. It's not awful at all and I was very careful with my form and pulling slow, so I'll just have to see how it progresses.

Now this was interesting, my DOMS from chest were non-existent yesterday morning. Sometime around noon they showed up and RAPIDLY got more intense throughout the day. It's crazy. I've never felt it set in that noticeably quickly before. And today it's even more so. So I'll monitor that and see if back follows suit.

Weight is maintaining, but I'm just feeling really soft around the midsection right now. Need to really dial the diet back in so I can feel better about that. It's not bad by any means, but not my typical strict efforts. On the bright side, the scale doesn't seem to be showing anything negative.

Also this is day 1 without the clomid. We'll see how this treats the minor gyno flare-up moving forward and I may even add in a bit of forma for a while to help out.

Today is a much needed off day; haven't needed one like this in a long time (felt SO exhausted after deads last night).

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
PCT

Day 8

231.8 lbs

Pretty sure weight was mostly influenced by falling asleep in my recliner at like 11 and waking up at 4 AM and then taking all my nightly pre-bed supps then, rather than the typical 11:30 or so. Felt horrible when I woke up. Was very warm (could have been from dosing the DNP closer to when I got up than normal or taking all 8 caps of MyoSynergy right along with it since yesterday was an off day). Either way, there was that, some heartburn (not sure if supp related or from food, but it was odd as I can count the number of times I've ever had heartburn on one hand). And I also had stomach cramping. Of course that all sorted itself out after I'd already weighed in and got dressed lol.

So the point is, I'm not worried about the weight spike.

What I have noticed, though, is I am definitely off cycle now.

I've ran 2 cycles in the past (one this summer with DNP purely to cut, and it worked, but I was also so miserable/hot that I barely ate anything, including enough protein). The other cycle was a few years prior. While both had awesome strength gains, I never reaped the visual benefits because my body was too fat/messed up.

This time was different.

I haven't been this lean in probably 5 years and even though I'm 20 pounds heavier than I was then, I may actually even be leaner. I've never in my life had the vascularity I have now. I looked dialed in and chiseled on this cycle from day 1, but especially near the end after I'd dropped from 250 to 230. That crispness is gone. It stuck around for a few days after at the start of PCT, but it's slowly diminished. No fat gain or anything crazy, but I don't have the benefits of that anymore. That of course has brought on mental issues in regards to looking at myself differently, not feeling as dominant, etc. I feel like my vascularity has gone done, too, but in all honesty if it has, it's minimal. I just don't have that really hard, dense muscle popping underneath the veins right now. Again, still in great shape, but just missing that "on" feeling that I actually had for the first time in my life. I can now truly understand why everyone wants to do their next cycle. September can't come soon enough for me.

So yesterday was my off day, the DOMS in my back followed suit as my chest did and rapidly increased throughout the day. Chest feels slightly better today, but still very sore and back is the equivalent of chest yesterday. So I think the MyoSynergy is definitely doing something here. Today I'm going to take my full dose with my actual pre-workout instead of pre-workout meal; see if I notice anything have it closer to 30 minutes before session vs. 1.5 hours (and also on an empty stomach).

I also started dosing forma last night. I'm not sure if it's just the "off" feeling from lack of anabolics now or if E2 really did manage to climb up a tad on me (wouldn't think so with the low dose of letro), but seems like there could be some water retention and stuff so we'll see if the forma plays a role in any of that.

I'm back to my high volume week, so it'll be lower weight for sets of 25. Tonight is arms. After that, it's cleaning up and heading up to a buddy's place who is hosting a draft party, so that should be fun.

That's all I have to report on now that I can think of, but definitely some stuff happening. I think a good arm pump should take my mind off being in PCT and not on cycle.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
PCT

Day 12

232.4 lbs

Hit my high volume session for arms on Thursday. Have to say, I made some minor adjustments that made a major impact and I've never had a workout quite like that before in my life.

With my training style, my Max-OT weeks are for gaining/maintaining strength and my volume and intensity weeks are focused on cardiovascular/endurance for the most part. However, with my ego, I can tend to focus more on gaining weight on the lifts rather than the contraction. Now don't misunderstand, I'm not flailing weight around; I'm still getting a very good lift in, but not as good as it could have been if I dropped the weight a tad and just REALLY squeezed it out. Well, I pushed ego aside this time and tried it.

What I ended up with were some slightly lower weights on lifts, but an absolutely insane pump. I don't know that I've ever had so much of a pump in my life (even on the cycle). The vascularity wasn't quite as high as it was on cycle, but the pump in my triceps and especially the biceps was just ridiculous. Even days after it was there, but for those couple hours at the gym, it was more than I've ever experienced.

So, I've now refreshed myself on the importance of those contractions and will be lowering weight as needed to ensure I get that accomplished in my volume and intensity weeks.

With some things coming up this weekend and then the SEVERE DOMS (lol) that came after arm day for the next 2 days on a very intense level and even yesterday, but at least slightly diminished, I pushed lifting back to yesterday. With it being Mother's Day and my family (wife out east for her job and my parents in IL) not being with me, basketball was also cancelled at the church. So I hit church in the morning, went home and ate and then spent 3 and a half hours at the gym combining my legs, delts and traps HVT workouts. Longest I've been in the gym for quite a while. I went til there was nothing else to give (finished up on hack squats only able to press a plate on each side lol).

So far so good on the DOMS, but we'll see as today progresses because in the past that's been the trend; very quick onset of DOMS the following day within a matter of hours.

I've also switched over to my full serving of MyoSynergy with my pre-workout drink and that seems to be working well (split 4 caps AM and pre-bed on off days).

My weight has only climbed no more than 4 lbs since coming off my lowest point of cycle, but I'm definitely feeling like I'm holding more water and losing some vascularity. Don't get me wrong, it's still better than it was, but it's a bit diminished. I'm really trying hard to just make it through this month of PCT so I can get back on GW and then add in some MK-2866, as well.

Off day today and then high volume chest session tomorrow.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
PCT

Day 14

Weight is still holding pretty steady; fluctuating a tad and going up a bit just because I've been a little bit looser around dinner time -- I'll dial that back in. Feeling good and still noticing the lack of hardness vascularity at all times I had on cycle, but it's definitely still there come gym time. Had a trainer snap a progress pic of me with some DBs yesterday just so I'd have sometime to measure it against in the future (and to know that I got that lean at one point in my life lol). I'm actually really self conscious and also not a fan of people who hang around snapping pictures in the gym (unless they're professionals/it's for their career or whatever). So I just had her snap it really quick and that was that; no scene and no me flexing or any nonsense.

But it was pretty cool to see a picture of it because you know you see yourself at your best when you're at the gym and I don't have any pictures of that. There's a guy at our gym who runs a small page/business who does professional photography and training and I may ask him if I can get a few at some point on a day/time when the place is empty to see what he can bring out with the lighting and a good lens. We'll see.

Anyway, I hit high volume chest last night and was impressed that my numbers stayed pretty well on point compared to some of my other volume workouts since really focusing on contraction. I Kept my bench press at the same for 2 sets and only dropped by 15 lbs on the other 2 sets (I'm also down ~10 lbs. and off cycle from the last time I did this workout). My incline DB presses only went down by 5 lbs. and the contraction/tempo was greatly improved. DB flys were down 5 lbs. on just the final set, and then my cable flys (pushing downward/forward for emphasis on lower chest) dropped by about 20 lbs. on 3 sets, but those are hard because front delts and biceps really want to take over and dropping the weight allowed the chest to stay as the primary focus.

All in all I was very pleased.

Tonight I'll hit my high volume back session.

Noteworthy is the fact that I have been ravenous lately. I'm hungry in the mornings, now (which I've been following IF for quite a while and not eating til about Noon, which is also planned partially to avoid eating near my thyroid med dosing in the morning), and hungry after working out. I'm never hungry after lifting. In fact, workouts CRUSH my appetite and I have to force myself to eat normally. So this is a very evident change. Additionally, the DOMS seem to be more pronounced as well (we'll see if chest follows suit today) and when the start, they increase rapidly vs. the normal slow onset over the course of an entire day or more. I can feel it in my chest just now, so we'll see if it's killing me in a few hours like my other muscle groups have been. Strength is maintaining well all things considered (being off cycle and running minimal supplements that could improve/impact strength gain right now aside from MyoSynergy and ArA pre-workouts). Vascularity and muscle fullness are incredible during my workouts right now. Definitely feeling a bit flatter outside of the gym, but that's just a return to normal after 2 months of being on cycle.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In for the gains. Potential supplement of the year right here.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been on it long enough to confidently say I love it. Definite increase in muscle hardness and fullness during workouts. It's very noticeable to me now after being off cycle for 2 weeks.

I've been using ArA continuously preworkout at 1g for a few months now and that's the only other thing that would be really playing a role, but these observations were not there pre-cycle when I was just using ArA.

Beyond that I'm using some fat burning products but only things that could possibly influence strength would be Test Infusion, Methyl EAA and Forma, but I've used all before and never experienced this. So I feel like it's obvious.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
PCT

Day 16

Yesterday was an off day and the day prior was my last day of high volume week, being back.

I kept with my trend of slightly lowering weight to really bang out slow contractions like I've never done before and this one didn't disappoint. I led off with solo lat pulldowns on the Free Motion machine (started these at the recommendation of a trainer a couple years back to help with the imbalance in my shoulders/lats stemming from the hip imbalance). These allow me to pull down wide and also not cheat with one side (pulling from a ring/handle attachment at the width of a lat pull down, but just one side at a time). I did 8 sets of 25 and then a dropset of about 6 sets raning from 20-25 reps each. The fullness/hardness I experienced only 4 or 5 sets in was insane. My lats felt incredibly dense and wide already.

From there, I jumped over to another Free Motion machine that I use for cable flys and set it up at arm level and actually stood parallel to do what at least I term lat pull-ins. I’ve always found a few of these do a nice job of just really putting the emphasis on the inner part of the lats one at a time.

Then I went with solo seated rows (on a dual pulley machine just for them), but this time I went diagonally with them and lowered the weight to the point that it was all back and not arm or delt doing the pulling. I still didn’t feel fatigued, so I hit one of the row machines and did a pretty long series of sets/reps on that til I couldn’t do any more and then wrapped up with just some long, slow lower back extensions on the machine.

It was a great workout and I was incredibly impressed with how I felt and looked coming out of there. It was as good as an on cycle workout, particularly from how I looked afterward.

Today will be the start of another Max-OT week and tonight will be arms. So embracing my newly found focus on contraction over everything will be a bit of a battle tonight. Typically, this is a workout where my full goal is moving mass. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not flailing stuff around without working the group, but in AST’s writeup of the program, they specifically mentioned that it’s acceptable to allow a little bit of rocking/easing up on form so that it’s not 100% strict and thus allowing you to move more total weight as the goal here is more strength based. However, as a bodybuilder who shares that goal but has a far more important goal of mass and aesthetics, I’ll be facing an internal struggle over just how much leniency is too much. I’ve always dealt with that, but I fear it’ll be even worse tonight. We’ll see.

So things have been going pretty well. I’m absolutely ravenous and can’t get enough food, which has never been an issue for me, so this is weird and can be a bit difficult to deal with at times. Oddly enough, at one point when I ran DNP at even moderate doses at first (and especially at high doses), it just killed my appetite (along with my will to do anything aside from sit in front of a fan in the AC with nothing but a pair of shorts on).

And on that note, I’ve been on a continuous low dose of DNP for quite some time now. For those that don’t know my full background, the cliffs version is that I went from a cut-up 205 to 300 lbs over the course of about 3 years regardless of everything I tried/continued to do via nutrition and training. During that time, I even entertained the hCG diet and protocol for a few weeks and managed to start gaining a pound a day (no exaggeration) the last few days I stayed on it while only eating the 500 kcal/day and even continuing to lift (and PR’ing on deads 2 weeks in). I used a BodyMedia Fit armband to calculate that my body said it was burning 3,000 calories on rest days, around 3,800-4,000 on lifting days and nearly 5,000 on days I played flag football – while obviously eating nowhere near that amount. I went to double digit doctors, including specialists, and tested/attempted to fix the obvious culprits (thyroid, testosterone, cortisol, glucose/insulin, etc.) and even the obscure (HGH deficiency, pituitary adenoma, CT scans to check for adrenal tumors, etc.). The bottom line was that nothing worked. I felt helpless and I also felt like an idiot because my body was seemingly defying science and despite all my efforts in the gym, the kitchen, and even in the library (beginning to pursue medical literature on a nightly basis and starting to work toward a Master’s in Nutrition in order to understand everything as much as I could).

So, after looking at all those fixes, all that wasted time, and those nearly 100 extra pounds, I finally caved and decided to try DNP. I’d heard about it and researched it at the onset of all of that, but I told myself I wanted to solve the problem and find the root cause before just throwing things at it. I wanted to KNOW. Plus, I understood the potential dangers of it and wanted to avoid any unnecessary risks. But I finally had ran out of energy; ran out of trying to fight to know. Did I still want to? Sure. But I also was getting married and wanted to be able to look at myself in the mirror again; to not be ashamed to go out in public; to want to do anything other than not leave the house. It not only changed the size of my waist and my clothes, but my entire personality. I was no longer who I used to be.

Thus began my journey with DNP at 300 pounds in June (terrible timing, I know) of 2013. I had the bulk powder and I weighed it and capped it on my own. I started at only 50mg. I slowly worked up to 100mg. Then slowly up to 200mg, where I stuck with it for the bulk of the time. After several months, I worked up to around 400-450mg every other day and I never bothered with going higher than that. Could/can I? I’m 99% sure of it. But why risk that? So from June to October, I managed to drop 60 pounds. I still wasn’t anywhere near what I used to be, but I sure wasn’t 300 pounds anymore. I got to wear a tux that wasn’t custom fitted for my wedding the next month (down to a size 48 from a 58; though it was all in my shoulders, back and chest even then and not at the stomach).

So I don’t have the answer as to what the problem was. All I know is that after I got to a comfortable weight (not where I wanted to be, but a weight I wasn’t depressed at), I stopped the DNP. I wanted to see if I could make more progress without it; or at the very least, not gain any more weight. I couldn’t. I slowly added another 18 or so pounds over a couple months’ time. So back on the (low dose of) DNP once again. All I can assume is mitochondrial/genetic issues that have to do with energy imbalance or perhaps an abundance of ATP. That’s a very big speculation, but it would make sense based on HOW the DNP works and the fact that I PR’ed on deadlifts eating only 500kcal/day nearly 2 weeks in and my body somehow was managing to gain weight, in addition to the fact that I’ve always had relative ease with gaining strength without any supplements whatsoever (albeit not the same gains in musculature).

And believe it or not, that’s the cliffs version. The full version would take a novel to tell; and that’s no exaggeration.

The reason I bring this up is because I want it to be known that I’m on DNP, but I’ve also been on it (almost indefinitely) for 11 months. I know how my body responds to it and I know what it does. One thing it definitely doesn’t do is increase strength. That’s a large reason I ran the cycles I did (last summer and just recently) – to maintain the muscle mass I have while trying to lose the fat that had accumulated over such a long period of time and to not feel so weak that I couldn’t maintain any of my strength in the gym. DNP makes you feel flat. Obviously anavar was going to remedy that, but it seems that now MyoSynergy is doing the exact same thing. This is very hard to describe and it honestly makes me so intrigued to wonder “what-if” back to last Summer’s cycle.

DNP also makes you feel hot (shocker, right?). Well, I run it at such a low dose that I may be a bit warmer 24/7 (I naturally feel warmer than most anyway), but it’s not the level of “OMG NIGHT SWEATS!” – I know, because I’ve dosed to that level before. It was effective, but words couldn’t describe the level of miserable. So over this past week, I’ve noticed something new. It could be completely unrelated, but I feel it’s worth mentioning. I’ve experienced what I can only seem to describe as hot flashes. It’s insane. It’s not time-dependent to dosing anything; it has happened at all hours of the day. It’s most noticeable in the office because I’m wearing more clothes than I am at home lol. But a few times, I’ve been sitting there completely comfortable and all of a sudden – BOOM – sweat on my forehead, feeling hot all over and noticing sweat along/under my chest, too. The first time it happened it kind of freaked me out. It doesn’t shock me that much anymore, but I still notice it. It happened a lot last night as I was sitting in the recliner watching TV. It was 60 degrees and beautiful here yesterday, so I came home from work (hooray for my off day), changed into athletic shorts and a t-shirt hoody, opened all the windows and settled into my recliner to catch up on TV shows and under a blanket. At least 10 times throughout the evening I felt myself go from hot to cooler – ditching the blanket, putting it back on, ditching it again and turning the fan on me lightly, blanket back on, then over to ditch the hoody, etc. I’ll have to keep an eye on this because I do in fact have Hashimoto’s and even though supplementing with thyroid hormones has never had any impact on me in the past 4 years, I’ll certainly look at it as the potential reason if it persists.

But I’ve heard some others mention feeling a warmth accompany the MyoSynergy (particularly with overnight dosing). So I’ll continue to monitor this.

That’s all I can think of for now. Gonna eat my preworkout meal in a bit and then hit a good heavy arm session this afternoon. And heavy legs tomorrow! Yeah, buddy!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
PCT

Day 17 (Legs Max-OT)

234.6 lbs

PCT

Day 18 (Basketball)

234.4 lbs

PCT

Day 19 (OFF)

232.0 lbs

Okay, so I'm going to put everything into one post rather than breaking it down day by day, but I'll try to keep it all in chronological order.

Friday, I hit a heavy arm session. I dropped weight a little bit (not much) on a few lifts to really make sure I still hit the contractions, but the goal here is strength without giving up form. So hitting a max of 6 reps on a lift (however heavy it may be) does not provide the same type of hypertrophy that repping out sets of 25 does (obviously). I went down a bit more on olympic bar curls, but not a whole lot -- and let me say, it's nice to be able to throw 45's on either side plus another 10 or a 5 and slowly bang them out with feeling my shoulders draw back for help. On my hammer curls I went down to 120's instead of 130's, but I'll take that (get that brachial looking nice and thick). I actually finished up on those by moving down on weights for a drop set from like 95's to 60's or something like that on real slow sets of 6-8 to squeeze them out with perfect form. Finished biceps off with the Flex Fitness curl machine and dropped weight a good amount on that because I'd noticed my form had become less than optimal in the past (easily told by feeling a pull in my upper pec).

Moved on to triceps and still kept my tri bar pushdowns at the same weight, which pleased me and then did a drop set on those, too. Then moved onto skull crushers with the EZ bar and my bench at the lowest incline setting (about 150-160 degrees instead of 180) and dropped from 200 to 180 for my sets from last time (finished up with just 110 for some really slow reps). And then tried something new for the last lift; went with seated overhand DB tri extensions instead of doing them solo -- remembered why I hate them. I tossed a 120 up with no problem, but the grip and hitting the back of my head while still keeping the pressure on my triceps was just a mess. So banged out a few reps there and then moved on to my forearm work after a long dropset of solo overhead DB tri extensions all the way down to like 30's.

For forearms, I just bounced back and forth between flexion on one of the high pulleys by grabbing the ball over the hook and doing sets of like 25 with each arm and then over to a barbell to do reverse wrist curls behind the back for as many reps as I could get with 35's or 45's on each side to start. Then I basically went back/forth over and over and started doing drop sets and dropping reps as needed until there was no weight left and I couldn't move my forearms.

Then went ahead for good measure and did drop sets on cable rope tri pushdowns and cable ring solo curls from the low pulley until I couldn't do the lowest setting possible. Now for my Max-OT weeks, that's not what I'm supposed to do at all; it's supposed to be very minimal reps with maximum overall weight for growth and strength. Well, I got greedy.

This is what I noticed on Saturday. Woke up with no noticeable DOMS at all. Finally around 1 PM (lifted the day before from 4:30-7:00 PM) noticed the initial, subtle onset. By 2 PM it was awful. By 3 PM it was in full swing and my triceps were just indescribably sore (biceps, too, but tris much more so). So that is why I coin the term for MyoSynergy as inducing ROMS (Rapid Onset Muscle Soreness) because when it hits, it comes on strong; there's no easing into it. I made sure to watch the clock to track the progress of it on this one.

Went ahead and hit my heavy leg session later that afternoon and went with:

Leg Press
Hack Squats
Seated Leg Curls
Leg Extensions
Seated Calf Raises
Standing Calf Raises
Seated Calf Extensions

and followed up with some step-back lunges on the Smith machine to stretch out at the end, then did a slow bike for a mile to get a little more and then an extended stretching session on the mats (stuff I honestly haven't done since I played baseball). I'm normally terrible about stretching afterward, but with the ROMS being what they've been and basketball the day ahead, I wanted to be diligent. All my lifts felt great except leg presses. I only worked up to I think 720x6 whereas last time I got 830x6 and finished up by trying to hit 880 and only got 2 or 3. So not happy about that, but my hack squats still felt great and strong, so I'll take it.

I'm not sure if it was from my last HVT back day or unrelated, but I'd noticed a soreness in the middle of my back and after some thinking, it seems as though it's almost more like a nerve, but running along my spine from about just below my traps to just above my lower back. It's not something I notice often, but if I turn the wrong way or move in just a certain fashion, I can feel it. And when I do, it's very unpleasant. I actually just now felt it moving the mouse (drawing my shoulder slowly backward toward my body).

So that led to me icing my back (knew it wasn't going to help the actual problem, but figured it might help the way it felt a bit) for a while Sunday before I went to go play ball. Now I haven't had a chance to play in 3 weeks, so I was expecting to be pretty run down, but I managed to have enough energy to still want to keep going after our 2 hours were up and had to leave for volleyball to set up. I was beating guys 60 pounds and/or 6-8 years younger than me down the court on fast breaks, outjumping younger guys, taller guys; and this was all following leg day. So I was thrilled with that.

I took my standard pre-basketball supplements:

- 2 scoops Condense
- Citrulline Malate
- 25mg Ephedrine

and then CardioTryx ~45-60 minutes before playing

No Gatorade at all; only water. Really happy about it.

Today is an off day because of all the stuff we have at work (and evening obligations), so I'll hit my delts/traps day tomorrow.

I've been dosing MyoSynergy at half upon rising and half before bed on my off days and basketball days and all with my pre-workout drink on lifting days; not planning on changing that at all.

And I have been nothing short of ravenous NON-STOP. I'm easily eating more and actually not gaining much weight and the last few days have dropped it a bit. I really need to make the effort this week to clean it up and try to have the extra cals come from more veggies and stuff to see what difference that makes, but I've been pleased to eat as much as I want and still not gain much weight at all.

But one thing I can say that I've now observed: at the stage my body is at now, every pound makes a visible difference. I was only 228 at my lowest this go'round, but I looked MUCH more crisp and defined across the abs and lower chest and obliques than I do right now at only 4 pounds heavier. So that is inspiration to dial it back in because if that makes a negative impact with such a small swing this way, it suggests it should make a very positive impact with only a minimal swing the other direction. I'm thinking 220 lbs might be exactly where I want to hang. We'll see.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
agreed...220 seems like your sweet spot.

considering myosynergy, what could i expect?

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
agreed...220 seems like your sweet spot.

considering myosynergy, what could i expect?
Most users report increase in DOMS well above what they are accustomed to, a leaning effect while maintaining or seeing slight increases in body weight and profuse sweating under exertion. I have seen steady increases in strength week in and week out, but am not running Myosynergy solo but rather am stacking it with MK2866.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tons of updates coming in the next day or 2. I've been back visiting my parents and barely even been on my ipad. But more of the same to report (all good things).

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Most users report increase in DOMS well above what they are accustomed to, a leaning effect while maintaining or seeing slight increases in body weight and profuse sweating under exertion. I have seen steady increases in strength week in and week out, but am not running Myosynergy solo but rather am stacking it with MK2866.
thank you, very complete-appreciated!!!

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thank you, very complete-appreciated!!!
You are most welcome. I also neglected to mention I myself as well as others have noted an overall hardening effect also.