Mountainman and Follidrone: Oh-Myostatin!

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey Everyone,

brundel gave me a chance to try Black Lion Research's Follidrone. When he let me know it was on it's way I kept checking my mailbox everyday, waiting for it to show. Thank you very much to brundel for this opportunity. He also threw in some Tongkat/Boron, and I've never been one to argue with sweet bonuses. :wiggle:

Current Stats:

6' 1"
200 lbs., although last week I was 202, and the week before I was 204. Not sure where this weight loss is coming from, I eat everything in sight on training days, and that's almost everyday.
~12 - 13% BF

BB Bench
255 1RM
190 10 RM

Squat
295 3RM - I'm a home gymer so I NEVER have a spotter
225 10RM

OHP
155 1RM
115 10RM

Deadleft
415 1RM
Don't know my 10 RM yet, but I will be testing that tonight

It is also indoor tournament season for volleyball, and I'm trying to get my vertical back to close as possible as it was in college (32"). I'll be testing that to see what kind of athletic improvements I may see during this run.

My current training split:
Chest / Lats
Quads / Calves
Shoulders / Traps
Hams / Calves

Off days are peppered in where I feel necessary, but I have gone 3 weeks without a day off using this split recently.

Additional supps:
Mega Krill Oil (I tend to find it a little more effective than fish oil)
CreXcel Creatine (Part of PWO)
Kre-Alkalyn (Post WO)
Dymatize Elite XT Vanilla
BCAA's (both pre and post WO)
Multi 2x/day
Calcium/Magnesium (PWO)
Preworkouts are Formutech Volatile on upper body days, and VPS N.O. Shotgun (OG) on leg days

Diet has been pretty spot on lately. Protein has always been high, 250 to 300 gr. per day, more if I can swing it. Been trying to keep carbs a little lower, due to my wife commenting on my midsection a little while ago. I still keep them up on WO days though, around 300 to 400 gr. I typically don't log my food intake, but I do track it on my phone with my macro tracking app. It's made a big difference on how much I truly eat now.

I am a home gymer as I said before, but I have a pretty solid setup. 450 lbs. in Oly weights including bar, and 100 lbs. in standard weights. Sometimes I have to mix my Oly plates in with the standard plates to get my DB's heavy enough, and it ain't pretty, but it works. I'll post a pic of my gym when I can. I'll also try to get some before pics up too.

Thank you for joining me and hope this is a helpful log for everyone.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My gym

ForumRunner_20140408_101856.png

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Before. This is from this past weekend.

ForumRunner_20140408_101945.png

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
In on this, good initial details here thank you

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice gym!
Thanks! It's been about years so far to put together what I have. My next big purchase is hopefully a cable system.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol, deal.

So, you could do this in your home gym, and this is something I was thinking about lately. More ring work. I found recently that it really can be humbling and great for overall fitness to do bodyweight work with rings. You know how it feels to pound out weights like we do and barely be able to do a muscle up the first time? haha. That really got me interested in rounding out things to strengthen the areas I normally wouldn't.

Anyway, just seeing your home gym made me envious and I could see some going in there.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol, deal.

So, you could do this in your home gym, and this is something I was thinking about lately. More ring work. I found recently that it really can be humbling and great for overall fitness to do bodyweight work with rings. You know how it feels to pound out weights like we do and barely be able to do a muscle up the first time? haha. That really got me interested in rounding out things to strengthen the areas I normally wouldn't.

Anyway, just seeing your home gym made me envious and I could see some going in there.
I've been doing TRX stuff mixed into some of my workouts. It's sad when you can only muster 6 good Flys, and you're shaking through every one.

Littleguy0321

Littleguy0321

Awards
Always thought TRX stuff could be done on cables, but I guess not

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Always thought TRX stuff could be done on cables, but I guess not
It is much different. Just give it a shot and you'll see how much more difficult it is. I work out with guys that put up insane numbers and they fall apart if you take them out of their element.

Sorry, did not mean to start to derail this thread.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sorry, did not mean to start to derail this thread.
No need to apoligize. I'm all about using threads to share. It's not just for me. I love learning and helping others learn so have at it.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In and watching you like a hawk!

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Subbed.
Nice home gym bro. Id never leave home if I had one ;)

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Subbed!! Curious to see how this works for your vertical jump.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed.
Nice home gym bro. Id never leave home if I had one ;)
Thanks. It will never be complete in my eyes though. I always want to add. I was going to turn a smith machine into a leg press but it was going to be too much work and didn't have enough raw materials for the conversion. I just ended up giving it to my mom.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Yaaaaaaaay!
Not to inflate your ego or anything but that is an epic home gym set up bro! Im kinda jelly!
I hope this works out well if it does I can see this stacking amazing with some ARA

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not to inflate your ego or anything but that is an epic home gym set up bro! Im kinda jelly!
I hope this works out well if it does I can see this stacking amazing with some ARA
Thanks Crew, you should see Kenpoengineer's though. His is AWESOME!

And if this stuff is as good as I think it is you can bet your sweet petute I'll be running a stack with ArA.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lower body speed and strength night tonight. DLs, power cleans, and going to try power snatch from hang for first time. We'll see how that goes, hopefully won't hurt myself. Home for dinner in a few, put the kids to bed, then out to the gym.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good luck. In all my years, I have never felt comfortable with the snatch.
I'm a little concerned about comfort as well. My power clean form is solid, but getting the weight over head has me a little nervous, but I've tried overhead squats a few times and they've been hot and cold for me.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I stick with cleans, high pulls, and OHP. I get all I need from those without the snatch.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Trying to go for overall power. I've read up on some differences in the O lifts and the snatch seems to have the properties in looking for, especially to get my vertical back up.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
**** man, I think they are great and would recommend them to anyone. I just am not very good at them and haven't taken the time to get better.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Props to anyone who does olympic lifts. I suck hard at those.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks Crew, you should see Kenpoengineer's though. His is AWESOME! And if this stuff is as good as I think it is you can bet your sweet petute I'll be running a stack with ArA.
Thanks so much MM! It took years of saving and buying one piece at a time. It's a gym and dojo in one:

View attachment 99321

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lower Power

Using tonight to go for strength and power, so reps are low (except testing DL 10 rep max) and rest is timed at 2 mins.

Warm ups on elliptical and reps with 135, 5 at a time before jumping up the weight.

Deadlift
185 x 8
225 x 8
285 x 7 (10 rep attempt)
265 x 10 (max)
275 x 8 (10 rep attempt)
225 x 10

I attempted the power snatch from hang with just the bar to get the feel for the movement, but even at just 45 pounds and only a couple of reps my elbow told me that was a movement I want going to be doing. I've been dealing with tendonitis on my right elbow that had slowly been getting better, but some movements aggravate it. Sooooo....moving on.

Power Clean Triples
135 x 3
155 x 3
175 x 3 (fail)
155 x 3
135 x 3

On my 175 attempt I could get the bar all the way up to clear for the hold so I turned that set into high pulls from the floor.

DB Jump Squats / SLDLs
25s x 8 / 185 x 6
25s x 8 / 185 x 5
25s x 8 / 185 x 4

I made sure to touch the DBs to the floor before jumping, trying to maximize fiber recruitment.

Cable Leg Curls / Machine Leg Press
*20* x 10 (each leg) x *120* x 30
*20* x 10 (each leg) x *140* x 20

My machines have an "weight amplifying" pulley system, so the stack technically feels heavier than it really is. There used to be a chart that had the table with the conversions on it but I lost that years ago and rather than write the adjusted weights on the plates I just didn't do anything. Way to be proactive eh?

Overall a pretty good workout, and with temperatures coming up it's SOOOOO nice not having to use the heaters so I don't freeze to my benches and bars. Strength is about where I was on my last power day so I can't wait to see where I'm at next time around.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bring on the synthesis!

ForumRunner_20140409_214726.png

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol thats alot of meat bro. I eat 2lbs a day and that looks like alot to me.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's just under 8 lbs. With all the other different protein sources I have that'll probably last me just under 2 weeks.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's just under 8 lbs. With all the other different protein sources I have that'll probably last me just under 2 weeks.
That sounds more reasonable lol.
I was thinking man...I hope this guys bathroom is as good as his home gym.....cause hes gonna need it!

Like handles on the side for traction, overhead vent fans and a cooling system ;)

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That sounds about right. I was thinking it was about a lb a container. I have been trying to eat less ground beef, but I love it.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Last night was traps and delts, but my traps were still a bit sore from the power work I did the night before. So it just became a delts night.

Started with BB OHP to see where I was from a strength stand point. It was my 2nd day with Follidrone so I wasn't really expecting to anything yet.

BB OHP
65 x 15
95 x 12
115 x 10
95 x 10
95 x 9

Wide Grip BB Upright Rows
65 x 15
75 x 12
75 x 11
75 x 10
65 x 12

I went with around 60 sec. rest periods. I did notice my endurance for added sets was up. Normally 3 - 4 sets good, but I really felt I could get another full set on each exercise up to this point, and I did.

Smith Machine OHP
75 x 10
75 x 9
75 x 8

Drop Set Lateral Raises
20s x 6, 10s x 6
20s x 5, 10s x 6
20s x 5, 10s x 5
20s x 5, 10s x 5

My form started to break down a bit at the end of the last 2 sets, but I focused very hard on slow eccentrics. I also only rested 45 sec. between sets.

Wide Grip OHP to Narrow Grip OHP
65 x 8, 5
65 x 8, 5
65 x 8, 5

I just couldn't seem to get enough work so I kept going.

Lateral Raises to Front Raises to Lateral Raises
10s x 4, 4, 4
10s x 4, 4, 3
10s x 4, 4, 3

Overall I this is the most volume I've ever done for delts. I just couldn't seem to get enough to get exhausted. I probably would have done more if it wasn't so late. Follidrone kicking in? Maybe. Pratice tonight and I'm interested to see about my endurance during drills.