booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
A special thanks to snagencyV2.0 and the rest of the Finaflex freaks for the chance to try out their high stim pre workout Stimul8 in the new tropical storm flavor. I will be starting my workouts tomorrow with this but may even try a 1/2scoop when I get home later and go for some HIIT hill sprints... Who am I kidding this is definitely gonna happen.

products : STIMUL8

I'm currently in the process of changing up my routine so I will be working out everyday for awhile while I settle in and really define what I want to do next and how to get there.

Diet is a CBL style (just finished the 10 day prep phase on sunday) so my meals look like this:
Wake (5a) - 1/2 BCAA
Fasted LISS Cardio
8:30a - Coffee/fish oil/cla
10:30a - 1/2 BCAA
12p - Meal 1: Protein and Fat only
2:15p - preworkout
2:45-3:45/4p - Gym
4:30p - PWO shake and some carbs
6p - Protein and high carbs
8:30/9p - Protein and moderate carbs

Upon finishing the tub I will post up a final review with the following criteria (I'll comment throughout the log but save the #'s for the final):
1) This product was easy to mix and I enjoyed the taste...
2) This product was a great source of clean energy/good mood...
3) This product helped me power through my training sessions...
4) This product enhanced my mental focus...
5) This product had great thermogenic effects...
6) I really enjoyed this product and would recommend it to friends and family...

Rating Scale: 1 - 5 (5 being highest)

Welcome aboard and feel free to make any suggestions, comments, or anyhting else that pops into your head here!

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
First! Weeee!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So I couldnt wait for a workout day to give this a shot so I took 1/2sc before my hiit session. The plan was to just jog up the road then do 5 sets of 30sec hill sprints and 1min walking back down.

Initial thoughts:
Mix/taste- 8oz of water was perfect for this dose. A nice light tropical flavor. It was a nice change from the standard fruit punch. No sediment to be found after about 5-10good shakes. I'll have to see if anything settles on a day when I drink it slower.
Energy- about 10min after taking I was starting to doubt if there was gonna be an epic stimulation as promised but just as I had this thought the ba tingles began and within 5 min a RUSH of energy. I was all pumped to go for my run and I hate cardio.
Focus- as I started my run I realized I was going to have to count out my seconds and it's a damn good thing that I was totally in the zone. It was just my breathing and the pavement throughout the run.

So once I got out on the road I actually ran a sprint on the way to the hill, then ran 6 sets on the hill, followed by 1 more on the way home... I'd say I had some serious energy.

And all of this was after not having eaten between 12p and 6p when I ran (took stimul8 about 5:45p). It's 8:45p here now and I've just finished a monster meal of spaghetti squash, Brussels sprouts, chicken, turkey, oatmeal, and sweet potato chips. Still feeling a bit more lively then normal as usually about not I start to get tired from the day.

Plan is to take a full scoop tomorrow for leg day ;). Should be a doozy

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds about right.

Don't limit the rest periods too much on leg day. If so...

In for vomiting.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Subbed. I'm new to CBL as well AND just ordered my first tub of Stimul8.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Careful with the full scoop!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Leg day was the one day I'd back down from 3/4 to 1/2 because I'd come so close to wanting to vomit. I think I was doing GVT at the time...

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Leg day was the one day I'd back down from 3/4 to 1/2 because I'd come so close to wanting to vomit. I think I was doing GVT at the time...
Typically only get this while doing stiff legged deadlifts

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Leg day:
Squat 5x5
SLDL 4x6-8
Leg extension 3x15-20
Standing calf raise 3x15
Lying hamstring curl fst-7

Took 1 scoop about 15min before the gym. Definitely hadn't quite hit me until after I had started. I have to say I was a bit disappointed I never got that "slap you in the face" energy blast I expected from a full scoop. Energy was much smoother and less intense. Thermo effect was far more prevalent at 1 scoop and I was stripping off layers after set 2. Energy was never really crazy but I was focused and "excited". Overall it was a great workout but I would have like a bit of a bigger kick.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds like you had some great effects to me. It isn't meant to trip you out though.. Just give you strong, smooth energy with an equally great level of thermo.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Leg day:
Squat 5x5
SLDL 4x6-8
Leg extension 3x15-20
Standing calf raise 3x15
Lying hamstring curl fst-7

Took 1 scoop about 15min before the gym. Definitely hadn't quite hit me until after I had started. I have to say I was a bit disappointed I never got that "slap you in the face" energy blast I expected from a full scoop. Energy was much smoother and less intense. Thermo effect was far more prevalent at 1 scoop and I was stripping off layers after set 2. Energy was never really crazy but I was focused and "excited". Overall it was a great workout but I would have like a bit of a bigger kick.
Let's clarify a bit.

Stimul8 isn't going to hit like 1,3 did. That type of cracked out can't stop shaking stim effect isn't what the intent of the product is supposed to be.

STRONG constant drive and focus with an extremely long hang time and unparalleled thermogenic effects. That's what Stimul8 brings to the table.

Now you COULD tweak the dosage a bit as more is not always best. Try backing the dose down a tad bit and make sure it's well removed from any peri workout nutrition. Also....shake the tub. Can't stress this enough.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Sounds like you had some great effects to me. It isn't meant to trip you out though.. Just give you strong, smooth energy with an equally great level of thermo.
Let's clarify a bit.

Stimul8 isn't going to hit like 1,3 did. That type of cracked out can't stop shaking stim effect isn't what the intent of the product is supposed to be.

STRONG constant drive and focus with an extremely long hang time and unparalleled thermogenic effects. That's what Stimul8 brings to the table.

Now you COULD tweak the dosage a bit as more is not always best. Try backing the dose down a tad bit and make sure it's well removed from any peri workout nutrition. Also....shake the tub. Can't stress this enough.
Ya I was definitely mistaken in thinking it was going to be crazy energy. When I think stimulants, I think crazy energy that hits you in the face and wakes you up like crazy. Don't get me wrong, the energy and focus was fantastic, just different then what I expected.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ya I was definitely mistaken in thinking it was going to be crazy energy. When I think stimulants, I think crazy energy that hits you in the face and wakes you up like crazy. Don't get me wrong, the energy and focus was fantastic, just different then what I expected.
If you are still wanting more....try a bit of a heaping scoop. That's where I stay BUT,I can rock 800mg caffeine no problem pre workout.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Now that's some caffeine!
I did two scoops of MM and two scoops of Condense for a loooong time. I've regulated my tolerance since then though lol.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
I tried 1 MM 1 condense on a leg day. Got a raging headache puked and then passed put asleep an hour after my lift.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
If you are still wanting more....try a bit of a heaping scoop. That's where I stay BUT,I can rock 800mg caffeine no problem pre workout.
Ya I accidentally had 625mg a couple weekends ago, fasted, upon waking. Didn't feel any bad effects either ha. I actually think it was past the point of diminishing returns for me.

I seem to do well around 350mg. More or less does very little.

Took 3/4 scoop today and really enjoyed it. I took my scoop earlier so there was more kick in time before my lift and this was the key. Was feeling warm and excited on my way to the gym and some light tingles. Push day today and I was really feeling good so I added some extra sets at the end after my fst-7 set. Really good endurance today.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Ya I accidentally had 625mg a couple weekends ago, fasted, upon waking. Didn't feel any bad effects either ha. I actually think it was past the point of diminishing returns for me.

I seem to do well around 350mg. More or less does very little.

Took 3/4 scoop today and really enjoyed it. I took my scoop earlier so there was more kick in time before my lift and this was the key. Was feeling warm and excited on my way to the gym and some light tingles. Push day today and I was really feeling good so I added some extra sets at the end after my fst-7 set. Really good endurance today.
Gotta love adding a little fst 7 at the end !! I monte is a huge Fst fan

So about how soon b4 your lift are you dosing bud?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Gotta love adding a little fst 7 at the end !! I monte is a huge Fst fan So about how soon b4 your lift are you dosing bud?
First two days was 15-20min, today was 30min and this worked out much better as the energy, tingle and focus started at about 15min but were really kicking by 30. The buildup takes a bit and comes on slower so it helped to space a bit more.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
First two days was 15-20min, today was 30min and this worked out much better as the energy, tingle and focus started at about 15min but were really kicking by 30. The buildup takes a bit and comes on slower so it helped to space a bit more.
Thank you bud. It's a bit different for everyone. Glad you got it figured out.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Tried out 3/4 scoop today for chest focused push day. Took it 30min pre and this was exactly my sweet spot. I actually felt like I had a better reaction, faster energy and focus, and stronger tingles at 3/4 then I did at a full scoop.

Workout went great, was sweating just a couple sets in on a workout that normally takes a good while to get me sweating.

Endurance was also spectacular as I once again added another set of exercises (extra skull crushers) and still finished early so I went and did 3 rounds of airdyne sprints.

I'd have to say that 3/4sc is the best for me as I think it hit harder then a full scoop... All the better for me.

I gave my coworker a couple scoops to try out which should be interesting as he's pretty stim sensitive. He usually takes a cap of b4 and dumps half out before taking it as his preworkout and he says it totally cracks him out. I told him to take max 1/2 sc at a time and let me know what he thinks on Monday. Should be funny cuz I can almost guarantee he says it's insane.

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
3/4 scoop is my sweet spot as well. You just probably fuked your coworker up! He isn't gonna know what hit him, nice!

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
3/4 of a scoop seems to be the sweet spot for most guys.. Really makes the tub last a long time!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
To test my theory of 3/4sc being perfect I put today out there as a monster leg day. Took my normal workout and basically doubled it in every fashion possible. And did it all in about 20min longer then the whole workout normally takes.

I was absolutely flying through everything, never feeling tired or winded. Just sore ha.

One thing I haven't notice is any kind of increased pump. Definitely not an effect stimul8 gives. Might try adding some pump products one day to get real crazy

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Stimul8's focus is on producing that intense / clean energy, mental drive and thermo properties that are going to aid you in adding strength, boosting endurance and shredding body fat.

Combined with Max Pump - you will have the best one two punch on the market.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Stimul8's focus is on producing that intense / clean energy, mental drive and thermo properties that are going to aid you in adding strength, boosting endurance and shredding body fat.

Combined with Max Pump - you will have the best one two punch on the market.
Yep this.

Nothing in Stimul8 that will help produce a pump.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Went in today with bad intentions for back. Ended up making it even longer then expect as I was jus in a horrible mood and the heat in my house was broken so why come home to a cold ass house when I could just stay at the gym for two hours?

Took 3/4sc before the gym, and then took a caffeinated bcaa to sip after the first hour and I was just unstoppable. I can easily say this has become my new favorite pre as the energy, while subtle, is quite powerful and long lasting.

After my two hour session I went home and had to hand pump over 100gal of water out of my heating oil tank (so basically did more rows for 50min ha) and was still feeling good enough to cook and head over to a buddies place for some fun and to watch hockey. Just an amazing day overall.

wicked442

wicked442

Board Sponsor
Awards
Awesome you powered through and it ended cool! This stuff is great!