NorCal QUAKE !

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
Ok. Here's my log of the new pre-workout Quake from Ironflex Supplements.

Stats:
Age - 42
Height - 6'5"
Weight - 265lbs
6 years lifting. Currently coming off a long winter bulk.
3 day rotating training split. Back & Biceps. Chest & Triceps. -DAY OFF- Legs & Shoulders. -DAY OFF- Repeat.

Today is a Back & Biceps day. Just took my first dose of Quake 5 minutes ago. Have to say it mixed VERY well .... much better than most on the market. No clumps, no chalky residue left behind in the shaker cup. Taste was great. Not overly strong like many out there and no bitter chemical taste. Tastes like a mild flavored Koolaid.

Can't wait to feel the Quake!! Will post again after the workout.

Thanks IRONFLEX !!! ;)

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
I found you!! Nice start .. I'll link it up for u tyga tyga can you link this I'm on my cell till tomorrow

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I found you!! Nice start .. I'll link it up for u tyga tyga can you link this I'm on my cell till tomorrow
Wish I could, but I'm on my cell as well!

Edit* 6'2" that's a whole lotta human dude lol

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
Awesome workout!
Did not get a slap in the face type of stim rush from Quake ... However I did feel it start to take hold about 20 minutes after drinking it down. Got minor beta alanine tingles that went away after the first couple of sets. What I felt was a steady flow of energy from the first rep all the way through the last. Actually felt like I could just keep on going but after 90 minutes of tossing around iron I felt I did enough. There was no peak or crash from this PWO .... another nice effect.
TASTE 10/10 - Mild koolaid flavor. No chemical taste .... no nasty aftertaste.
MIXABILITY 10/10 - One of the easiest to mix PWO products I have ever used. Went into solution very quickly and left no valuable product stuck to the sides of the shaker cup after drinking.
ENERGY 8/10 - At this point its getting an 8 because I did not feel the face splitting rush that I have come to expect from a PWO. This being said it did provide strong, steady energy throughout my entire workout and I did not have any crash which is more common from the more heavy stim products out there. So its a give and take sorta thing ... no 2x4 to the head energy rush but no crash .... and long long lasting useful energy.
FOCUS 10/10 - This is where this product seems to really shine in my book. I had razor sharp focus from start to finish. This helped to facilitate some of the best mind-muscle connection I have ever achieved. I am a huge proponent of developing the mind-muscle connection in order to isolate every muscle fiber and work them to their peak contraction on every rep .... Quake made it feel like I was one with each muscle I was targeting and it seemed to take much less effort to concentrate on the process. The focus was so intense that nothing could divert my attention from the iron ...
STRENGTH/ENDURANCE 10/10 - I hit the iron hard. What felt heavy normally seemed easy and that had me adding weight quicker than usual. I was able to squeeze out a few extra reps on just about every set regardless of the weight on the bar. I was also able to shorten my rest periods somewhat .... didn't even plan that one. I just noticed I was ready to hit another set sooner than I usually am. I did more total sets in this workout than I generally do and didn't really feel like I did more ..... It seemed like I just couldn't tire myself out ..... and as I already said, I felt like I could keep going and going and going so Quake hit the mark for sure when it comes to energy increase and endurance. Two important factors in this iron game .... do more work - get more results.
PUMP 9/10 - I usually don't expect too much of a pump from my back workouts but tonight was different. I could feel the blood engorging my lats to the point that I felt like I had an extra 20 lbs of meat on each side. Felt awesome. The biceps pump was amazing as well. When I was finished it felt like my skin was gonna split and I couldn't scratch the back of my neck for the life of me. I think I am gonna really like this effect as I keep using this PWO.

So .... amazing first Quake workout. Impressed with the product and looking forward to the next workout .... leg day.

1. Db Bent Rows
3x15 50lb
2. Deadlifts
1x10 225lb
1x10 235lb
1x10 245lb
2x8 265lb
2x8 285lb
3. Meadows Rows
3x12 Bar+75lb
2x8 Bar+85lb
4. BB Bent Rows
3x10 165lb
2x8 185lb
5. BB Shrugs
2x15 185lbs
2x10 205lbs
1x6 265lbs
6. Standing Db Bicep Curls (30 sec rest between sets) (lighter weight)
3x15 30lb
7. Seated Db Bicep Curls (slow tempo 4,2,6) 4 sec up, 2 sec peak squeeze, 6 sec down
3x8 45lb
1x8 45lb / 1x6 30lb (Drop Set)
8. Db Expo Curls ... something that I named myself Exponential growth (expo) Not sure if I came up with this technique but I find it is a great finisher for biceps and provides an amazing pump. Done with lighter Db's and standing rather than sitting. Done in alternating fashion...right left right left etc... 1 rep then 2 reps then 3 reps ...etc until you reach your predetermined top number, and then you reverse and work back down to 1 rep. That's a full set. As the reps increase the minor rest period by the nonworking arm increases slightly .... sort of a modified rest-pause approach. Feel the burn!

2 sets of 'Expo Curls' to 5 with 30lb Db's

That's it! Felt like I could keep going but experience said 90 min was enough .... now that its been a few hours and I am sitting here typing this I am starting to feel it .... Damn that was a good workout. Hell of a Quake here in the NorCal !

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
Wow nice initial thoughts!!! I've gotten in about 8 workouts with Quake and it's really shining.. I tried one heaping scope last night and the energy was awesome. Your a bid guy may want to give it a try :)

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Love when I see detailed reviews/initial reviews. Really helps others reading determine if this product is for them.

Those expo curls look like some serious work. Have you noticed extra growth in the biceps since implementing them in your routine?

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
Love when I see detailed reviews/initial reviews. Really helps others reading determine if this product is for them.

Those expo curls look like some serious work. Have you noticed extra growth in the biceps since implementing them in your routine?
The expo curls have been a great addition to my routine that's for sure. Huge pump delivering nutrient rich blood to every muscle fiber. Yes, I have noticed an increase in biceps growth since implementing them .... my bi's get a lot of attention during my back workout so previously I was not really focusing on them as much .... adding expo curls sparked some nice growth that I needed to balance things out. If you ever feel like you just haven't hit your bi's hard enough I guarantee one set of expo curls will cap off a bicep workout nicely. The feeling is awesome.

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
Leg day today! can't wait for another run with Quake.
Arms are still hurtin from last workout ... back feels great.
Gonna hit the gym around 7pm and hit legs and shoulders with some serious volume.

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
A little late start this evening .... looks like its gonna be an 8pm workout rather than 7 .... like it really matters what time.
Just took my dose of Quake. Because I'm a large mammal (6'5" 265lb) I opted to try the 'heaping scoop' as bcazo suggested .... pretty much worked out to be a scoop and a half .... Gonna see how this works. :196:

Later ...

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
A little late start this evening .... looks like its gonna be an 8pm workout rather than 7 .... like it really matters what time. Just took my dose of Quake. Because I'm a large mammal (6'5" 265lb) I opted to try the 'heaping scoop' as bcazo suggested .... pretty much worked out to be a scoop and a half .... Gonna see how this works. :196: Later ...
He had so much energy that he is still crushing weights!! Lol

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
He had so much energy that he is still crushing weights!! Lol
LOL I did have a hell of a lot more energy with the higher dose of Quake .... put in a good 90 min workout. Just got back to the laptop.

Had to switch things up a bit tonight .... worked out in my home/garage gym. I have not yet set it up fully. I used to have the total package home dungeon complete with cage and all the bells and whistles .... but a divorce 2 yrs ago made it go bye bye. Been trying to get it all setup again now that I am in a better place .... just takes time and money. I am able to do just about everything with what I have at this point except heavy squats .... no cage or squat rack so I generally do leg day at the commercial gym where I have access to a squat cage and leg press. Today was a little different because I was unable to leave the house but I got in a great workout nonetheless.

First off .... I noticed a much more intense energy rush from Quake this go around (1 1/2 scoops). Had endurance for days .... Pump was amazing, Focus was razor sharp. Lovin this stuff!! Had to cut myself off at the 90 min mark again feeling like I could just keep going and going and going.

1. Goblet Sumo Squat
4x15 80lb Db
2. Goblet Squat
4x12 80lb Db
3. Calve Extension
4x12 205 lb
2x10 255 lb
2x8 265 lb
4. Romanian Deadlift
3x12 185 lb
2x8 225 lb
5. Quad Extension (super-set with Seated Db Shoulder Press)
1x20 95lb
5x15 120lb
6. Seated Db Shoulder Press (super-set with Quad Ext)
3x12 50lb Db
2x10 65lb Db
1x20 35lb Db (massive burn set for serious pump)
7. BB Clean/Press (not sure if I have the name correct....basically a wide grip upright row into a shoulder press)
3x12 75lb
2x10 85lb
1x8 95lb
8. Leaning Delt Lateral Raise (one arm at a time, standing with other arm holding bench support placing body at about a 65-70deg angle)
2x10 35 lb Db
2x8 40 lb Db
9. Seated Bent Over Lat Raise
3x10 30lb Db

Quad and Calf pump was amazing ... not really used to such a pump in those areas. Quads are hurting from so many heavy leg extensions ....
Quake definitely blunts the lactic acid buildup and speeds up recovery between sets allowing you to lift more and put in much more volume than without it. Again....more work = more growth. Shoulders feel awesome .... major pump. Feel like a got a bowling ball on each side.

10/10 all around for Quake tonight! Gonna rest up and eat like an animal tomorrow and then hit Chest & Triceps on Friday.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Finally I can get to this log on my phone. I'm subbed now!

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
Finally I can get to this log on my phone. I'm subbed now!
Right on! Hey wasn't there a third guy who was supposed to be logging Quake with us?

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have you tried to incline the bench (50-60 degree) and lay on your side and do db laterals like that? I do them both ways, laying on an inclined bench and leaning.

Nice volume and workout bud

wicked442

wicked442

Board Sponsor
Awards
What is an expo curl?
Edit: nevermind i read your descipt.

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
Have you tried to incline the bench (50-60 degree) and lay on your side and do db laterals like that? I do them both ways, laying on an inclined bench and leaning.

Nice volume and workout bud
I sometimes do the laterals on a incline bench as you mentioned. Just been hooked on the leaning method lately.
Feelin it today. Quads are sore and shoulders a sore .... a great feeling that only us Brothers and Sisters in Iron can understand.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I sometimes do the laterals on a incline bench as you mentioned. Just been hooked on the leaning method lately. Feelin it today. Quads are sore and shoulders a sore .... a great feeling that only us Brothers and Sisters in Iron can understand.
Quad and rhomboid soreness is the worst feeling ever lol

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
Ok ... Hit it HARD this evening with another "Heaping Scoop" of Quake ;)
Energy was off the charts tonight and endurance was incredible. Focus was even more razor sharp than before .... getting the feeling that there is a cumulative effect to Quake that builds up as you continue to use it. Workouts just get better and better. Lovin this stuff. Started to feel the thermogenic effect tonight as well.

Today was Chest & Triceps .... 90 min workout and again left feeling like I had enough in the tank for another hour or two. However, the DOMS I am feeling from the last workout has me realizing that Quake truly allows you to push past previous volume and intensity barriers so you get more out of every workout than ever before .... you may not feel it while you are under the iron but you WILL feel it afterwards. Again ..... Lovin this stuff !!!

1. Incline Db Bench Press
3x15 60lb
1x10 75lb
2. BB Bench Press (Flat)
2x12 165lb
2x10 185lb
1x8 205lb
1x6 225lb
3. Db Pull-Over (30 sec rest btwn sets)
3x12 85lb
4. Db Flys
1x20 30lb
2x12 45lb
1x10 50lb
5. Bench Dips
3x15 BW
2x8 BW + 45lb plate
6. Close Grip Bench
2x12 155lb
7. Db Overhead Tri Extension (30 sec rest btwn sets)
3x15 85lb
8. BB Skullcrushers
2x15 75lb
1x10 85lb
1x8 95lb

Gonna feel this one for sure tomorrow. Felt F'n awesome tonight. Quake is the real deal ... :thumbsup:

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Do you find it difficult to sleep taking a preworkout later in the day? I am always hesitant.

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
Do you find it difficult to sleep taking a preworkout later in the day? I am always hesitant.
I generally don't go to bed until about 2am so it hasn't been a problem. I have had sleeping issues with a few of the more heavy stim PWO's out there though. So far so good with Quake ... Partly because of the high volume workouts I'm getting from it though I'm sure. About 2 hours after the workout it hits me ... feel like I got hit by a truck. I'm sure if I took my dose of Quake and then didn't hit the iron I'd be awake all night.

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
I generally don't go to bed until about 2am so it hasn't been a problem. I have had sleeping issues with a few of the more heavy stim PWO's out there though. So far so good with Quake ... Partly because of the high volume workouts I'm getting from it though I'm sure. About 2 hours after the workout it hits me ... feel like I got hit by a truck. I'm sure if I took my dose of Quake and then didn't hit the iron I'd be awake all night.
I lift and 9PM and go to sleep as soon as I get home and have never had an issue with Quake keeping me up...

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
How's Quake treating you ???
Quake has been treating me great! I love the stuff. Will definitely be buying a few tubs of this once this ones done.
Unfortunately I have to take a few days off from the heavy lifting .... I had a minor accident over the weekend.....cut my middle finger on my right hand and had to get 9 stitches. I can still workout legs but I'm gonna have to modify the rest of my routine since I really cannot grip much with my right hand at the moment. Stitches come out next week so it won't be all that long but it is frustrating as hell. Did a leg workout yesterday minus the romanian deadlifts so I will post those stats in a bit. Any tips from everyone on how to get a good back and chest workout in my situation would be greatly appreciated. I am gonna attempt a lighter weight chest routine tonight using only dumbbells since its a pushing move and I think I can hold on to the Db well enough .... middle finger is wrapped up and in a splint to keep it from bending.

Just a minor setback and only for a week or so. :(

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
Quake has been treating me great! I love the stuff. Will definitely be buying a few tubs of this once this ones done.
Unfortunately I have to take a few days off from the heavy lifting .... I had a minor accident over the weekend.....cut my middle finger on my right hand and had to get 9 stitches. I can still workout legs but I'm gonna have to modify the rest of my routine since I really cannot grip much with my right hand at the moment. Stitches come out next week so it won't be all that long but it is frustrating as hell. Did a leg workout yesterday minus the romanian deadlifts so I will post those stats in a bit. Any tips from everyone on how to get a good back and chest workout in my situation would be greatly appreciated. I am gonna attempt a lighter weight chest routine tonight using only dumbbells since its a pushing move and I think I can hold on to the Db well enough .... middle finger is wrapped up and in a splint to keep it from bending.

Just a minor setback and only for a week or so. :(
Sorry to hear about the finger hope no one got hurt... Sounds to me like a good time to focus on legs.. :)

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to hear about the finger hope no one got hurt... Sounds to me like a good time to focus on legs.. :)
Nobody got hurt except me. Freak accident .... I was unloading some supplies from my truck for a project at our house and pulling on a rope attached to a tarp .... pulled hard and the rope broke free and my hand smacked the side mirror on my truck .... broke the mirror and sliced my finger.

Yep ... time to focus on legs !!! Also time to work on a slight imbalance in my triceps....the left one being smaller than the right. Since its my right hand that is messed up I can do some extra tri work on the lagging left one. Again .... Its only till tue or wed of next week but you know how time off feels when you're on a roll .... feels like forever when you wanna be doing heavy deadlifts.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nobody got hurt except me. Freak accident .... I was unloading some supplies from my truck for a project at our house and pulling on a rope attached to a tarp .... pulled hard and the rope broke free and my hand smacked the side mirror on my truck .... broke the mirror and sliced my finger. Yep ... time to focus on legs !!! Also time to work on a slight imbalance in my triceps....the left one being smaller than the right. Since its my right hand that is messed up I can do some extra tri work on the lagging left one. Again .... Its only till tue or wed of next week but you know how time off feels when you're on a roll .... feels like forever when you wanna be doing heavy deadlifts.
That is a freak accident! Hope you have a speedy recovery!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In. :)

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
Ok.... Here is what I've managed to get done with the injury. Nothings gonna keep me from getting a workout in one way or another. Like I mentioned earlier I have to modify my routine for the next week or so and that means no barbell work and no real heavy pulling work ... which sucks because I love heavy deadlifts. Is what it is .... setbacks are inevitable in this iron game, its all about how you adjust to it and keep on keeping on.

I'm finding that the "heaping scoop" of Quake is the right dose for a large mammal like myself. Loving the motivation this is giving me especially in my current situation. Thermo effects are evident at this point ... sweating a lot more during and for a short time after workouts now. Focus is still razor sharp. Energy and intensity is awesome. The lactic acid blunting effect of Quake is even more helpful on the lighter weight / high rep sets I am doing during my modified routine. Pump is still awesome.

Working out at home for the duration of my injury.....

4/7/2014 LEG ROUTINE

1. Db Sumo Goblet Squats
3x15 80lb
2x20 65lb
2. Db Goblet Squat
3x12 80lb
2x20 65lb
1x27 65lb ..... went as far as my will and Quake would take me on this one.....
3. Db Calve Extensions (one leg at time)
4x15 80lb
2x20 70lb
4. Quad Extensions
2x20 95lb
4x15 120lb
2x8 145lb

Unfortunately that's about all I could do with the wounded hand and the equipment I have. Can't F'n wait until I get the use of my right hand back again ....

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
Hey a crappie workout is better than no workout!! I agree with the heaping scoop for bigger guys, I'm 225 and I'm right on the boarder of needing a level scoop and heaping one.. I've tried both and if I'm really dragging butt then its a heaping scoop, otherwise 1 level scoop is just fine :)

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
4/9/2014

Modified Chest, Shoulders & Back routine with some left arm bi and tri work to correct minor imbalance (injury to right hand)

Quake is awesome ! If you haven't tried it yet then get off your *ss and give it a try!!!

1. Incline Db Bench Press

3x15 65lb
2x10 75lb
2x8 80lb
2. Seated Shoulder Press (had to go light here as it was very hard to stabilize the Db in the bandaged right hand)
4x20 30lb
1x8 45lb
3. Bench Dips
4x20 BW
2x15 BW + 45lb plate
4. Landmine Rows (only way I could figure out how to do back work and not tear out my stitches) Barbell tucked into a corner....
4x15 Bar + 95lb
2x10 Bar + 115lb
5. Db Concentration Curls (left arm only)
3x10 45lb
3x12 30lb (30 sec rest btwn sets on this one)
6. Db Overhead Tri Ext (left arm only)
2x20 30lb
1x15 30lb
7. Db Lateral Raises (again ... had to go light because very hard to hold Db in right hand for this movement)
1x5 30lb (ouch! that hurt the finger ...stitches still intact and no blood )
3x20 15lb

Awesome workout considering ...... I know that Quake is a huge factor in the motivation to work through this injury. I'm sure my Dr. would have some harsh words to say about it all but he just doesn't understand .... I gotta lift something ... can't sit on my ass for too long without going crazy.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Looks like you'll bee squatting three times a week until that heals up :)

I stick with what I call a half heaping scoop. Directions to follow;

1) scoop out a mountain in the scooper
2) give the scoop a swift shake
3) pour what's left in the scoop and the little mound on top into shaker cup

You have now just consumed a half heaping scoop. You're welcome

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
Hey a crappie workout is better than no workout!! I agree with the heaping scoop for bigger guys, I'm 225 and I'm right on the boarder of needing a level scoop and heaping one.. I've tried both and if I'm really dragging butt then its a heaping scoop, otherwise 1 level scoop is just fine :)
Amen ! Doc told me to just relax for 2 weeks and not lift .... HELL NO ! Lifting something is better than lifting nothing thats for damned sure.
And yep ... heaping scoop is the trick for me. Works very nicely ;)

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
Looks like you'll bee squatting three times a week until that heals up :)

I stick with what I call a half heaping scoop. Directions to follow;

1) scoop out a mountain in the scooper
2) give the scoop a swift shake
3) pour what's left in the scoop and the little mound on top into shaker cup

You have now just consumed a half heaping scoop. You're welcome

Yeah, my quads are gonna get more attention than usual for a little while. After last night I doubt I will hit chest with the heavy Db's until this is healed ... may have pushed it a little far on that one .... finger hurts like hell today. Damn I can't wait to hit the barbell again .... its been years since I've gone this long without deadlifts.... Stitches come out on Wednesday next week then a few days of getting the mobility back and then I can hit it hard again ... so in roughly a week I will be back! All in all as far as setbacks go this has been a minor one ...

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm here!

What's this about freak accidents, cut fingers and not really being able to use the right hand?!?! That sounds very familiar for some reason! Glad yours wasn't too bad!

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
I like it! Can't keep a good man down! Your injury sounds much worse than mine. My stitches come out Wednesday so I will be back in action soon. I will try your method though so I can try and get some more back work in before then ... tomorrow evening I'm gonna just do a full body workout and get do whatever I am capable of. I am seriously missing deadlifts though ... may sound crazy to those not in the iron game but I can't wait to hit some heavy deads again.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
That’s some innovative stuff right there I like it!

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
How's the finger feeling??
Its ok. Gonna get the stitches out tonight! Have had the splint off for the past 24 hours .... finger is stiff as hell so its gonna take some time to bend it with full range of motion again. Looking forward to a better workout this evening though. I've been told to hold off on the heavy deadlifts for another couple of days so it looks like the back and bi's workout will have to wait till Wednesday. Not like I'm trying to contribute to International Chest Day ....but I'm gonna do chest and tri's today .... Legs need a break

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
Did another 'injured' workout on Saturday. Looking forward to this being the last one and being able to get back to some real training again. Again, I credit Quake with helping me keep motivated to hit it as hard as possible while injured. The focus and endurance together help create massive motivation to just keep pushing.
Still on the 'heaping scoop' protocol. And the thermo effects are fully engaged at this point .... sweating like crazy during each workout. Lovin it!

4/12/2014
Did a modified full body workout .... minus back because pulling was still very difficult if not impossible with the bandaged right hand. Another home gym workout.

1. Sumo Goblet Squat
3x15 80lb
2. Goblet Squat
3x12 80lb
3. Db Calve extensions (super-set with Goblet Squats) one leg at a time
2x20 80lb
1x15 80lb
4. Quad extensions (super-set with Seated Db Shoulder Press)
3x15 130lb
3x12 140lb
5. Seated Db Shoulder Press
3x20 30lb
3x12 40lb
6. Bench Dips (super-set with Db concentration curls)
4x20 BW
7. Db Concentration Curls
2x15 30lb
2x8 45lb
8. Db Incline Bench Press
1x20 50lb
1x12 65lb
2x8 80lb
9. Lateral Raises
2x12 30lb

Finger/hand is feeling better. Stitches come out soon!!!! Still felt like I could keep going .... Quake is the sh*t!!!. Awesome PWO!

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
Ok .... not so great news :( Stitches came out last night but..... only about half of the incision healed ... the other half had some skin dieback into the stitch area so it wasn't held closed as effectively as it could've been. So .... no new stitches but its bandaged and in a splint again for a while longer and I am gonna have a nasty scar. Frankly I don't give a sh*t about the scar, I just want full range of motion back so I can get back to heavy lifting .... I really really miss heavy deadlifts.

Despite all this I wrapped it up extra tight and took my heaping scoop of Quake about 10 min ago. Gonna go hit it as hard as possible right now. No legs today...they need a day off since they've been getting more attention than usual. Gonna do chest, shoulders and attempt some BB Bent Rows to hit my back for the first time in 10 days. Looks like another week before I can do deads again :(

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Did another 'injured' workout on Saturday. Looking forward to this being the last one and being able to get back to some real training again. Again, I credit Quake with helping me keep motivated to hit it as hard as possible while injured. The focus and endurance together help create massive motivation to just keep pushing.
Still on the 'heaping scoop' protocol. And the thermo effects are fully engaged at this point .... sweating like crazy during each workout. Lovin it!

4/12/2014
Did a modified full body workout .... minus back because pulling was still very difficult if not impossible with the bandaged right hand. Another home gym workout.

1. Sumo Goblet Squat
3x15 80lb
2. Goblet Squat
3x12 80lb
3. Db Calve extensions (super-set with Goblet Squats) one leg at a time
2x20 80lb
1x15 80lb
4. Quad extensions (super-set with Seated Db Shoulder Press)
3x15 130lb
3x12 140lb
5. Seated Db Shoulder Press
3x20 30lb
3x12 40lb
6. Bench Dips (super-set with Db concentration curls)
4x20 BW
7. Db Concentration Curls
2x15 30lb
2x8 45lb
8. Db Incline Bench Press
1x20 50lb
1x12 65lb
2x8 80lb
9. Lateral Raises
2x12 30lb

Finger/hand is feeling better. Stitches come out soon!!!! Still felt like I could keep going .... Quake is the sh*t!!!. Awesome PWO!
Awesome job!

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
Awesome job!
Thanks good lookin ! It was lighter weight than normal but unfortunately with the injury that's the best I can do. I really miss doing deadlifts and can't wait to get back to them. I normally hit 285 - 325 for 8-12 reps on deads .... my back is suffering the most during my downtime

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
Ok its about that time gonna go toss around some iron .... feeling the Quake take hold ;) Back in a couple hours

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok its about that time gonna go toss around some iron .... feeling the Quake take hold ;) Back in a couple hours
You're a late lifter... Quake doesn't inhibit your sleep?