R-E-M-ing it with Formutech

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Formutech was nice enough to send me a 10 day trial of REM-8.0, their nighttime recovery/sleep aid supplement. I am 5'11'' 184 lbs. We were told to start out with half a serving the first couple times. You are supposed to take the supplement on an empty stomach 30 minutes before hitting the sack. So here we go!

First night, I had 2/3 cups fat free cottage cheese at 8:30. Then I took half serving REM at 10:15 - melon flavor is delicious. Since I mixed a full packet with 8 oz water, I only drank 4 oz, so I couldn't tell if it mixed all of the way. Long story short, I learned at 10:30 that the following day was going to be hectic and that I was going to have to lift early in the morning. So I laid down at 10:35. Unfortunately I had some anxiety about the next day and needing to wake up early. Combine that with thinking about if REM would put me to sleep = not a good night of sleep. I don't think I fully fell asleep until midnight. I woke up twice during the night and then woke up on my own just after 6. So I don't think I got anymore than 6.5 hours sleep. Oddly enough I wasn't really tired when I woke up. I think my anxiety got me going. Even more surprising is I had a really good lift at 7 after a solid does of PWO. Luckily, I wasn't tired the rest of the day. It did get pretty tired at 9:00pm.

thebiz909

thebiz909

Awards
Formutech was nice enough to send me a 10 day trial of REM-8.0, their nighttime recovery/sleep aid supplement. I am 5'11'' 184 lbs. We were told to start out with half a serving the first couple times. You are supposed to take the supplement on an empty stomach 30 minutes before hitting the sack. So here we go!

First night, I had 2/3 cups fat free cottage cheese at 8:30. Then I took half serving REM at 10:15 - melon flavor is delicious. Since I mixed a full packet with 8 oz water, I only drank 4 oz, so I couldn't tell if it mixed all of the way. Long story short, I learned at 10:30 that the following day was going to be hectic and that I was going to have to lift early in the morning. So I laid down at 10:35. Unfortunately I had some anxiety about the next day and needing to wake up early. Combine that with thinking about if REM would put me to sleep = not a good night of sleep. I don't think I fully fell asleep until midnight. I woke up twice during the night and then woke up on my own just after 6. So I don't think I got anymore than 6.5 hours sleep. Oddly enough I wasn't really tired when I woke up. I think my anxiety got me going. Even more surprising is I had a really good lift at 7 after a solid does of PWO. Luckily, I wasn't tired the rest of the day. It did get pretty tired at 9:00pm.
the part where u didnt fall asleep cos of anxiety ur first night totally happened to me.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I forgot to mention in my first post that I normally don't have problems falling asleep. Most nights I get 7-8.5 hours of sleep. And I almost always wake up twice a night to pee. I don't know if peeing is prompting my waking or I just never get into deep sleep. I do have very vivid dreams that last 3 hours of sleeping.

So last night, I took another half serving on an empty stomach at 9:45. It mixes fine. Hopefully REM 8.0 isn't effected by sitting in water for 24 hours. I did nod off for about 5 minutes around 10:05 watching TV but I do that a lot if I stay up and watch TV. I ended heading to bed around 10:40. I was probably asleep within 5-10 minutes. I didn't noticed being anymore drowsy than usual. I did wake up once at 4, pissed and quickly fell back asleep. I woke up for good on my own at 6:40 ready for the day. I didn't noticed any different dreaming. And I still had plenty of DOMS from yesterday's chest/shoulder workout. So I wasn't tired at all which I was a little surprised for getting a little less than 8 hours of sleep. I took 1 Controlled Labs Red Acid Reborn pill, a little Taurine, and an extra 80 mg caffeine before my morning run - 3.75 miles while pushing my daughter in running stroller. I had more than enough energy for it and the rest of the day. I even ended up going for a 75 min 17 mile bike ride in the afternoon (I do a few triathlons in the summer).

I will be taking a full serving tonight.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
10:10pm full serving REM-8.0 on empty stomach. Mixed it in 6 oz water, last sip was a little grainy. A little residue was left in shaker, extra splash of water did the trick. I was already tired but I did seem to get a little more tired after 10 min. 10:40 headed to bed. Asleep in 5-10 min. I woke up at 2 and 5:45. I woke up at 6:45 and thought I might go back to sleep but my 2 year old woke up at 7:10 so I was up for good. I ended up getting about 8 hours of sleep. I probably could have slept a little more. I was a little tired throughout the morning but I probably would have been fine if I hadn't waited until 12:30 to have my first dose of caffeine, lifted at 1. Even though I woke up twice, I did seem to sleep a little more soundly. I still have some DOMS from my chest/shoulder workout two days ago. Legs were a little sore today from my long bike ride yesterday - hadn't ridden that far for a long time.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Nice evaluations thus far.......thank you for taking time to log this....

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Great night's sleep last night! I took 1 serving at 9:45 with 5 oz water. I was already pretty tired and had dosed off a little watching TV. So I pretty much fell right asleep once I got to bed at 10:20 - within 5 minutes after I cleared my head. I did wake up and pissed at 1:45. Then I woke up feeling very refreshed. To my surprise, it was already 6:11, 7 minutes before my alarm was to go off. So I got a little less than 8 hours of sleep. I did have to piss pretty bad - NOTE, the last thing I do right before bed is piss. I downed my Red Acid Reborn, extra 80 mg caffeine, taurine, BCAAs, and 50 min later I was killing my 1 hr fasted cardio session. At work right now and feeling great.

Normally if I exercise first thing in the morning, I start waking up at 4 and get sh!%%y sleep for the rest of the morning. I tend to get anxious about the workout thinking about getting everything done before work, plus I look forward to taking my daily dose of caffeine :) So this was unusual that I experienced this sleep quality.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Great night's sleep last night! I took 1 serving at 9:45 with 5 oz water. I was already pretty tired and had dosed off a little watching TV. So I pretty much fell right asleep once I got to bed at 10:20 - within 5 minutes after I cleared my head. I did wake up and pissed at 1:45. Then I woke up feeling very refreshed. To my surprise, it was already 6:11, 7 minutes before my alarm was to go off. So I got a little less than 8 hours of sleep. I did have to piss pretty bad - NOTE, the last thing I do right before bed is piss. I downed my Red Acid Reborn, extra 80 mg caffeine, taurine, BCAAs, and 50 min later I was killing my 1 hr fasted cardio session. At work right now and feeling great.

Normally if I exercise first thing in the morning, I start waking up at 4 and get sh!%%y sleep for the rest of the morning. I tend to get anxious about the workout thinking about getting everything done before work, plus I look forward to taking my daily dose of caffeine :) So this was unusual that I experienced this sleep quality.
I have definitely been put in a deep sleep that when I wake and look at the clock and it say 6:30..I am like holy sh%t.....wow night flew by but again feel great!

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Pretty good sleep last night. 9:35 full serving in 5 oz water. I went to bed at 10:15 and was asleep within 10 minutes. My wife woke me up at around 12 I think coming to bed. I went right back to sleep. Then I didn't wake up until 5. Pissed and went back to sleep until 6:10. I was feeling rested then but didn't have to get up so I was able to fall back asleep until 7. I had a wicked vivid dream about the meatloaf I'm making tonight for dinner :) I still didn't have to get up so I laid in bed for another 45 minutes (I work from home a lot). I may have fallen back asleep for a few minutes. So I got plenty of sleep last night even though I woke up a few times - probably around 8.5 hours. I do feel really rested and ready for the day!

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I had some deep sleep last night just not enough of it. 1 serving REM at 10:00, asleep by 10:35. Wife woke my up again at 12:30, went right back to sleep - it's her spring break and she's been staying up painting. Woke up at 2:45, pissed, right back to sleep. Woke up up at 5:45, pissed, alarm was set to go off at 6:20 so I couldn't go back to sleep thinking about my fasted cardio and getting to work on time. I definitely should have gone back to sleep but I just got up. I ended up getting just over 7 hours of sleep. I should have had a second dose of caffeine after lunch but I wanted to make sure I was tired tonight. What I should have done was just do my cardio at lunch. I'm going to skip tonight with the REM. I don't think I need it tonight, really tired and didn't lift today.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Pretty good sleep last night. 10:00 full serving REM with 4 oz water. 10:40 laid down. It took a little while to fall asleep, had a some things running through my mind for some reason. I probably fell asleep between 11 and 11:10. Woke up at 2 and 5 both to piss. Then up at 6 and finally 7:10 for good. Sleep was definitely more restful compared to the previous night were I didn't take any REM. Felt great all day.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Sounds like this is doing the trick for you...glad to hear this...

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Decent sleep last night. 10:30 full serving. I was asleep soon after going to bed at 11. I woke up at 2:45 and 6, pissed both times. I think I woke myself up at 7:10 during a vivid dream. In my dream, I was about to take Jack3d at 5:00 pm which meant I wouldn't have been able to get to sleep, lol. I felt very rested upon waking, laid in bed until 7:40 before finally getting up. Since I got 8 hours of sleep, I was surprised that I dosed off for a little bit watching TV at 2:00 this afternoon, hadn't had my big jolt of caffeine for the day yet.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
BTW, no REM tonight. I had a late dinner probably eating for 90 minutes straight at a family birthday party. So I probably won't have an empty stomach until tomorrow morning :) Plus I'm already pretty d@mn tired.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
BTW, no REM tonight. I had a late dinner probably eating for 90 minutes straight at a family birthday party. So I probably won't have an empty stomach until tomorrow morning :) Plus I'm already pretty d@mn tired.
Sounds like the good ole Tryptophan/over eating coma.....

Have a great Sunday!

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Another above average sleep last night. Full serving at 9:15. Time got away from me a little while folding laundry late. I didn't lay down until 10:10, probably asleep within 15-20 minutes. Woke up at 2:45 and 6, pissed both times. Woke up for good at 7:00, so I got a good 8 hours of sleep. Caffeine jolt at 10:30am for a long lunch cardio session. I've felt really good all day.

While taking REM, I haven't noticed that "knocked out" feeling where I have to go to bed after taking it. But I do experience a deeper sleep. And I normally have a better sense of well being the following day. Most nights I'm still waking up twice. I'm going to try to really limit my fluid intake after 5pm for the last few nights of taking this.

No REM tonight. I've just done cardio the past two days, so need extensive recovery needed tonight. I'll save a serving for another night.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oddly enough, I had the best worst sleep ever last night if that makes sense. After a full serving at 9:45pm, I laid down at 10:15. I have no idea when I actually fell asleep. My wife was up cleaning for a while, in-laws are in town today. If I wasn't asleep by 11:30, she definitely woke me up then when she came to bed. Then I woke up at 2:50. After that I woke up every hour until 5:50. I pissed a couple times in there. I think it was a bad combination of anxiety over my morning workout, thinking about my wife being pissed because she was still cleaning, and being a little too warm under the covers. Anyways, upon waking I took a CL Red Acid Reborn pill, 100 mg caffeine, 1.5 g beta-alanine, BCAAs and it was like I got plenty of sleep. I had a great 1 hr fasted cardio session. I felt great until just before lunch, had a little crash. Lunch pepped me back up. So I got somewhere between 5-7 hours of sh!%%y sleep but had a good morning. Going for no more caffeine the rest of the day after my morning jolt. I just have 1 packet left which I'll save for tomorrow night since I didn't lift today.

vanbeast73

vanbeast73

Awards
Oddly enough, I had the best worst sleep ever last night if that makes sense. After a full serving at 9:45pm, I laid down at 10:15. I have no idea when I actually fell asleep. My wife was up cleaning for a while, in-laws are in town today. If I wasn't asleep by 11:30, she definitely woke me up then when she came to bed. Then I woke up at 2:50. After that I woke up every hour until 5:50. I pissed a couple times in there. I think it was a bad combination of anxiety over my morning workout, thinking about my wife being pissed because she was still cleaning, and being a little too warm under the covers. Anyways, upon waking I took a CL Red Acid Reborn pill, 100 mg caffeine, 1.5 g beta-alanine, BCAAs and it was like I got plenty of sleep. I had a great 1 hr fasted cardio session. I felt great until just before lunch, had a little crash. Lunch pepped me back up. So I got somewhere between 5-7 hours of sh!%%y sleep but had a good morning. Going for no more caffeine the rest of the day after my morning jolt. I just have 1 packet left which I'll save for tomorrow night since I didn't lift today.
I know what you mean man you have to be ready for the sleep and get to it once REM hits you and if you do that sleep is amazing! good choice on waiting I treat REM like a lil gift from the sand man himself

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Do you mean worst because of the wifey situation?

Sometimes the best sleep is when you don't remember when you fell alseep.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Do you mean worst because of the wifey situation?

Sometimes the best sleep is when you don't remember when you fell alseep.
Worst because I got up a bunch of times. Best worst because I had a good cardio session and good morning.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Gotcha...I was only joshing about the wifey (just in case she is reading this) :nervous:

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Anything I post, I assume my wife is gonna read it, she is super-snoopy and she knows it. :)

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Last night was one of the better night's sleep I got on REM. Serving at 9:25. REM did make me feel a little more tired than normal this time. Bed at 10:00, asleep within 10 minutes. I woke up 2 and 5:50, pissed both times. I would have been good to go at this point but didn't have to get up. I woke up myself at 6:30 and 7 during very vivid, frustrating dreams. Laid in bed for a 10 minutes, hunger was too much so I got up. Very restful sleep. My wife told me she got out of bed at 3:00am, that didn't even wake me up. Very alert this morning with no caffeine yet. It's going to be a great workout at lunch!

Final review which I will post in product reviews - I experienced deeper sleep while on REM 8.0 when I wasn't anxious about anything prior going to bed. My sense of well being was much better the days after a deeper sleep, definitely more alert and refreshed. I was a little disappointed that I still woke up to piss normally twice a night, but I was able to go right back to sleep every time. I did try to limit my fluid intake later in the day. REM 8.0 is very tasty. You could drink it with 10 oz of water and the taste would still be strong. There were always some particles that I couldn't get to mix. REM 8.0 did sometimes make me more tired prior to bed, this probably was related to if I had any anxiety at the time. However, I never felt "knocked out" from REM 8.0. I did not notice any enhanced muscle recovery. I was still plenty sore the next day following hard workouts. I never felt groggy the next morning. I never used more than 1 serving a day. So REM 8.0 - yummy and great for deep sleep!

Thanks Formutech!!