sleeping like a baby with REM 8.0

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
whats up everyone, im ready to start this log off right. first off i would like to give a big thanks to cheftepesh1 and formutech nutrition for giving me the opportunity to do a mini 10 day log over their sleep aid product REM 8.0. the profile on this thing looks great. i have been sleeping like crap lately. just moved in with the girlfriend and im not yet use to sleeping with someone else every single night. im use to being able to spread out over the bed and take up the whole thing, not anymore. im limited to one little spot :(
REM-8.0_SuppFacts_1_1024x1024.jpg

tried my first packet last night. i took it about an hour before bed, i will have to play with the timing of this supp,b ut i can say it did put me in a state of relaxation and calmness. made me feel a little drowsy/sleepy prior to going to bed which is great. i slept pretty decent last night. i woke up about an hour earlier than i usually do for some reason. we will see how this treats me the rest of the time.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
alright so my second night of REM 8.0 went very well. took it around an hour before i went to bed, put me in a relaxing/calm state. made me feel good. crawled into bed and i was out withing 10-15min. i also slept awesome. i got up once to go pee but it was at 7 a.m. when usually i get up at about 2a.m.-5a.m. i was debating on just staying up afte ri got up but i decided to go back to bed and i slept all the way till 10 a.m. :eek: felt amazing today, good energy all day and still feeling good.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
late but in!

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
late but in!
well welcome swanks. didnt take it last night, i will take it for a day or 2 then take a break so i can judge the effectiveness and cause the phenibut

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
whats up everyone, im ready to start this log off right. first off i would like to give a big thanks to cheftepesh1 and formutech nutrition for giving me the opportunity to do a mini 10 day log over their sleep aid product REM 8.0. the profile on this thing looks great. i have been sleeping like crap lately. just moved in with the girlfriend and im not yet use to sleeping with someone else every single night. im use to being able to spread out over the bed and take up the whole thing, not anymore. im limited to one little spot :(
View attachment 98485
tried my first packet last night. i took it about an hour before bed, i will have to play with the timing of this supp,b ut i can say it did put me in a state of relaxation and calmness. made me feel a little drowsy/sleepy prior to going to bed which is great. i slept pretty decent last night. i woke up about an hour earlier than i usually do for some reason. we will see how this treats me the rest of the time.
Cheftepesh....what I am chopped liver? :toofunny:

In for the ride

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
well welcome swanks. didnt take it last night, i will take it for a day or 2 then take a break so i can judge the effectiveness and cause the phenibut
I hear ya. I'll only take it 3-4 days in a row max. Just in case

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Just bustin chops..hopefully REM treats you well..

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
Just bustin chops..hopefully REM treats you well..
alright so i didnt take my REM last night and i COULD tell the difference. the first 2 nights i took it, it put me in a relaxed calming mood and once i got to bed within 10-15min i was out. last night i laid and bed and laid there for a good 20min and still wasn't tired. im not sure how long before i fell asleep but i woke up about an hour later and then about 5 hours after that. i did fall back asleep for a bit but i could tell the sleep quality was sub-par

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
alright so i didnt take my REM last night and i COULD tell the difference. the first 2 nights i took it, it put me in a relaxed calming mood and once i got to bed within 10-15min i was out. last night i laid and bed and laid there for a good 20min and still wasn't tired. im not sure how long before i fell asleep but i woke up about an hour later and then about 5 hours after that. i did fall back asleep for a bit but i could tell the sleep quality was sub-par
I hear you man. i've found I don't always need REM, but a few things I've noticed that help me predict when a good time to take it is:

1) had a heavy max day esp deadlifts i will tend to have trouble falling asleep and staying that way (CNS fatigue)
2) poor sleep nights typically come in twos or threes, so if you have one, use REM the following two evenings
3) any caffeine later in the day or a lot of unexpected stress

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
I hear you man. i've found I don't always need REM, but a few things I've noticed that help me predict when a good time to take it is:

1) had a heavy max day esp deadlifts i will tend to have trouble falling asleep and staying that way (CNS fatigue)
2) poor sleep nights typically come in twos or threes, so if you have one, use REM the following two evenings
3) any caffeine later in the day or a lot of unexpected stress
yesterday i did have a heavy deadlift session. could be why. i always figured it helped you sleep cause it burns you out so much

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yesterday i did have a heavy deadlift session. could be why. i always figured it helped you sleep cause it burns you out so much
I've found the closer I get to 1RM the harder it is to sleep that night. If I rep out sets of 5 or 8 no problem, triples I might have a little trouble, singles and maxing and it'll be a really long night most times

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
I've found the closer I get to 1RM the harder it is to sleep that night. If I rep out sets of 5 or 8 no problem, triples I might have a little trouble, singles and maxing and it'll be a really long night most times
usually always pull a single on my deads. got 385 sumo which im pretty proud of. pulled 415 conventional

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
usually always pull a single on my deads. got 385 sumo which im pretty proud of. pulled 415 conventional
Nice pulls bro! Its best to only max once a month or so IMO. You can really get your CNS burned out especially as your lifts get heavier. I cycle singles, fives, fours, threes then back to singles. I calculate the weight I want to hit at those rep ranges based on a small increase in 1RM using an app I have.

For instance right now I'm pulling 485 (just started dling with shoes on so my strength dropped, I'm working it back up. So this week I'll shoot for 5x435 (puts 1RM at 489), next week I'll shoot for 4x450 (puts 1RM at 491), the following week I'll go for 3x470 (puts 1RM at 498) then the following week I'll try to max at 500.

You'll typically get better progression that way and save your CNS a lot of abuse

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
Nice pulls bro! Its best to only max once a month or so IMO. You can really get your CNS burned out especially as your lifts get heavier. I cycle singles, fives, fours, threes then back to singles. I calculate the weight I want to hit at those rep ranges based on a small increase in 1RM using an app I have.

For instance right now I'm pulling 485 (just started dling with shoes on so my strength dropped, I'm working it back up. So this week I'll shoot for 5x435 (puts 1RM at 489), next week I'll shoot for 4x450 (puts 1RM at 491), the following week I'll go for 3x470 (puts 1RM at 498) then the following week I'll try to max at 500.

You'll typically get better progression that way and save your CNS a lot of abuse
i always feel that doing 5 reps of deadlifts always stresses me out more than pulling singles. i love pulling singles. feels alot better to me. i do do 3-5 reps. pick a weight i can do 3, then next time i try to get for, then 5, then add 10 pounds and rebuild

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i always feel that doing 5 reps of deadlifts always stresses me out more than pulling singles. i love pulling singles. feels alot better to me. i do do 3-5 reps. pick a weight i can do 3, then next time i try to get for, then 5, then add 10 pounds and rebuild
Diff'rent strokes!! Lol

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
Diff'rent strokes!! Lol
took it again last night, i can actually kind of feel this stuff kick in. for me right about the 1hr mark i feel it. if you have an empty stomach you probably want to take it closer to bed. right about 11 oclock i was sitting on the couch ready to pass out so i went to bed. layed there for not even 5 min and was out like a light. didnt wake up until about 7a.m. went pee, and crawled back in bed.
it took me a little but to fall back asleep because it was already light out but i finally did and slept until 10a.m.! :eek: i hate waking up that late. but the sleep is sooo good

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
took it again last night, i can actually kind of feel this stuff kick in. for me right about the 1hr mark i feel it. if you have an empty stomach you probably want to take it closer to bed. right about 11 oclock i was sitting on the couch ready to pass out so i went to bed. layed there for not even 5 min and was out like a light. didnt wake up until about 7a.m. went pee, and crawled back in bed.
it took me a little but to fall back asleep because it was already light out but i finally did and slept until 10a.m.! :eek: i hate waking up that late. but the sleep is sooo good
oh my god, 11 hours of sleep?? That's what I get in 2 days!! lmao! That must feel awesome

Swolljaboi

Awards
I honestly feel better around 7 hours. If I hit 8 or more I start feeling draggy and yawn throughout the day.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
oh my god, 11 hours of sleep?? That's what I get in 2 days!! lmao! That must feel awesome
it was closer to about 10. i guess i didnt get in bed until about midnight, but ya i dont like sleeping that long, usually makes me tired all day

digitalducki

digitalducki

Awards
  • Established
I got a sample of this from a rep and damn it put me down like horse tranqs. I want to buy a bottle just haven't got around to it. I think a half serving would be plenty and draw out the length of the bottle lasting

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I got a sample of this from a rep and damn it put me down like horse tranqs. I want to buy a bottle just haven't got around to it. I think a half serving would be plenty and draw out the length of the bottle lasting
That rep would be me!

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
That is awesome! What do you think of the flavor?
to be honest i just open the packet and knock it back, have never mixed it with anything. lol

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
to be honest i just open the packet and knock it back, have never mixed it with anything. lol
Yeah its a small serving size prob easy to do that

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
i didnt take my REM last night since i dont really have anything important to do today to get up for. it sucked, i was not tired at all. i laid in my bed from 11:30 until after midnight literally wide awake. somehow i finally dosed off but i woke back up 2 other times and was not tired. its was weird. gonna be using it again for the next 2-3 days.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
fuuuuuuuuuuuu
i dont know what happened last night, took my REM bout an hour before bed. its like it didnt even hit me. i had my normal routine of sitting down and watching tv for about an hour to unwind before i go to bed. i was feeling kinda sleepy, got off the phone with my gf and i wasnt tired at all. i felt wide awake. finally feel asleep about 1oclock, woke up 20min later and didnt fall back asleep until about 2:30. then woke up at 8.am. to go pee.
i didnt think i was gonna fall back asleep but thankfully i did until 9:30.i felt tired as fawk when i woke up. i just wanted to go back to sleep, but i got up and now im feeling pretty good actually. not really tired. ready to hit the gym

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
fuuuuuuuuuuuu
i dont know what happened last night, took my REM bout an hour before bed. its like it didnt even hit me. i had my normal routine of sitting down and watching tv for about an hour to unwind before i go to bed. i was feeling kinda sleepy, got off the phone with my gf and i wasnt tired at all. i felt wide awake. finally feel asleep about 1oclock, woke up 20min later and didnt fall back asleep until about 2:30. then woke up at 8.am. to go pee.
i didnt think i was gonna fall back asleep but thankfully i did until 9:30.i felt tired as fawk when i woke up. i just wanted to go back to sleep, but i got up and now im feeling pretty good actually. not really tired. ready to hit the gym
It happens to me that if i'm not in bed ready to sleep when REM hits me I'll end up having trouble like this. That's why you should take it right when you're ready to lay down and turn out the lights!

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
It happens to me that if i'm not in bed ready to sleep when REM hits me I'll end up having trouble like this. That's why you should take it right when you're ready to lay down and turn out the lights!
its been working so far. just a weird night i guess. i will see how it goes for the last few packets

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
sorry for no update over the weekend. crazy busy weekend. i wasnt even home so i didnt have a chance to take REM. took it last night and once again put me in a nice relaxed state and i seriously had some awesome sleep. i woke up once to go pee and fell right back to sleep. i have 2 packets left i believe. gonna finish this out strong. gonna miss it.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
sorry for no update over the weekend. crazy busy weekend. i wasnt even home so i didnt have a chance to take REM. took it last night and once again put me in a nice relaxed state and i seriously had some awesome sleep. i woke up once to go pee and fell right back to sleep. i have 2 packets left i believe. gonna finish this out strong. gonna miss it.
it's all good man! shouldn't take it every night anyway :)

vanbeast73

vanbeast73

Awards
I know what you mean man I feel like im missing out on all the good sleep when I don't take it and it saddens me then I take it another day and im as happy as can be and sleeping like a baby! :hail: R.E.M!!!

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
last night i slept great once again, didnt get up one time all night which is very rare. i almost always have to go pee, i slept all through the night and had awesome energy all day. i will be posting a final review on this the next time i post. gonna miss the zzzzzzzzzzzzz

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
last night i slept great once again, didnt get up one time all night which is very rare. i almost always have to go pee, i slept all through the night and had awesome energy all day. i will be posting a final review on this the next time i post. gonna miss the zzzzzzzzzzzzz
It is hit or miss but I too generally get up once, maybe twice a night to use the bathroom but with REM 9 out of 10 times I don't awake...which I love!

Glad this did you well.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It is hit or miss but I too generally get up once, maybe twice a night to use the bathroom but with REM 9 out of 10 times I don't awake...which I love!

Glad this did you well.
Omggggggg I can't wait for my tub to get here Monday. I've been sleeping like garbage

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
They've got a great price on it at NP
ill check that out, they always have good deals.

okay so final review and thoughts. the main thing i noticed from REM is that once taken it doesn't put you down, or make you fall asleep but puts you in a feel good/relaxed state which is awesome and i think everyone would prefer.
i did notice that for some reason those two days i just COULDNT fall asleep, i wasn't tired at all, but i dont know if it was from the REM or not. it might of just been a fluke thing.
compared to other hgh/sleep supps i have tried (which are many) i would have to put this right up there with the best ones. i dont like giving number rating since i dont think that is a good indicator when someone tries to get information about it because, what are they comparing it to? i have had many products that people give 4 and 5 to that i would give an 8 or 9 and vise versa.
so in the end i just would like to say thanks again for letting me log this, i love the formutech team. this is a great sleep aid product and i would recommend it. i hope we can do this again soon.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ill check that out, they always have good deals.

okay so final review and thoughts. the main thing i noticed from REM is that once taken it doesn't put you down, or make you fall asleep but puts you in a feel good/relaxed state which is awesome and i think everyone would prefer.
i did notice that for some reason those two days i just COULDNT fall asleep, i wasn't tired at all, but i dont know if it was from the REM or not. it might of just been a fluke thing.
compared to other hgh/sleep supps i have tried (which are many) i would have to put this right up there with the best ones. i dont like giving number rating since i dont think that is a good indicator when someone tries to get information about it because, what are they comparing it to? i have had many products that people give 4 and 5 to that i would give an 8 or 9 and vise versa.
so in the end i just would like to say thanks again for letting me log this, i love the formutech team. this is a great sleep aid product and i would recommend it. i hope we can do this again soon.
Thanks for running a good log and trying it out for us! I'm happy you liked it and it worked out well. If you have a sec, could you just copy/paste your review up on here: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/product-review/223724-rem-8-0-a.html

Thanks man!