REM 8.0 by Formutech Nutrition Sleepytime Log

Swolljaboi

Awards
Got my package today. I will be taking a half packet tonight and will post results in the morning unless it works so well that I sleep all day in which case I will post results in mid afternoon. I weigh 203 lbs as of this morning and I'm currently on a cut. I'm eating low carb diet at a 500 cal deficit. I'm also running an EC stack right now which I'm enjoying quite well.

Swolljaboi

Awards
Day 1

I dosed about 9:30pm last night and went to bed at 10. Took half a packet as per instructions although accurately measuring half the packet proved difficult so I just eyed it. Tonight was a bit odd because my wife worked which left me taking care of the kids, one of which is a 6 month old baby who just got 4 vaccinations yesterday afternoon. She was not in a good way. I had no trouble falling asleep once I got the baby settled down. I may have felt the REM kick in a bit as I did feel a sense of relaxation come over me. I woke up a couple of times throughout the night, once when my wife came home, and a couple of times to soothe the baby back to sleep. Both times I had no trouble falling back into what felt like a deep and satisfying sleep. I did feel a bit drowsy when I woke up this morning around 6:30 am but the foggy feeling left quickly once I got up and moved around. Overall I would say I felt very rested, although very sore as I had a pretty hardcore leg day yesterday morning. I'm going to do another half dose tonight to finish off the packet and then tomorrow night I will begin dosing a full packet. I'm looking forward to Monday morning as that is when I begin my normal work week and am usually limited to 6-6.5 hours of sleep and am hoping that the REM will help that to be a more satisfying amount of rest.

Swolljaboi

Awards
Day 2

Dosed half a packet around 10:30pm. I had a couple of drinks with my wife while we watched a movie last night so I was already a bit drowsy. I slept like a rock last night and woke up feeling like a million bucks. I expected to at least have a headache or something but I feel great and well rested. So far I'm a fan of this product. Tonight I will dose a full packet for the first time.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
subbed!!

How long do you usually sleep for, or rather, how much time do you allow for sleep in your schedule?

Swolljaboi

Awards
I plan for 7 hours. It usually ends up being 6 to 6.5 except for weekends I get 8ish.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I plan for 7 hours. It usually ends up being 6 to 6.5 except for weekends I get 8ish.
oh man. I'm so jealous!! lol, I only get 5-6 max with my schedule.

Swolljaboi

Awards
Day 3

Dosed last night around 9 pm and went to bed at 930. Fell asleep super quick and slept like a rock. I did wake up once to use the bathroom and looking back it almost felt like I was in a dream. This morning I woke up feeling refreshed and hit the gym. I had a terrible workout. I felt dizzy and nauseous and couldn't lift the same amount as last week. I skipped cardio and came home. When I took my creatine with OJ I immediately ran to the bathroom and vomited what seemed like a gallon of liquid. Had a slight headache after that but drank a protein shake and I've felt fine the rest of the day. I can't say that the REM had anything to do with this experience and I have no idea what caused me to feel this way. Hoping for a better day tomorrow.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 3

Dosed last night around 9 pm and went to bed at 930. Fell asleep super quick and slept like a rock. I did wake up once to use the bathroom and looking back it almost felt like I was in a dream. This morning I woke up feeling refreshed and hit the gym. I had a terrible workout. I felt dizzy and nauseous and couldn't lift the same amount as last week. I skipped cardio and came home. When I took my creatine with OJ I immediately ran to the bathroom and vomited what seemed like a gallon of liquid. Had a slight headache after that but drank a protein shake and I've felt fine the rest of the day. I can't say that the REM had anything to do with this experience and I have no idea what caused me to feel this way. Hoping for a better day tomorrow.
woah, no bueno man! I'm sure REM wouldn't cause you any effects that long after taking it though. Hope you feel better!

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Day 3

Bro - hope it isn't the wonderful flu bug that is taking the US by rampage......Just took it's toal on my household...

Swolljaboi

Awards
Day 4

Definitely not the flu. Dosed last night at 930 fell asleep around 945ish. Woke up this morning a tad drowsy but a splash of water woke me right up. Hit the gym hard and had a great workout. I think I might have gotten sick yesterday cause I took my last dose of xgels and I had 2 extra so I took 8 instead of 6. It may have been too harsh on my stomach. I am enjoying the REM very much. My sleep feels very deep and fulfilling and my energy level throughout the day feels good even on 6 hours of sleep.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 4

Definitely not the flu. Dosed last night at 930 fell asleep around 945ish. Woke up this morning a tad drowsy but a splash of water woke me right up. Hit the gym hard and had a great workout. I think I might have gotten sick yesterday cause I took my last dose of xgels and I had 2 extra so I took 8 instead of 6. It may have been too harsh on my stomach. I am enjoying the REM very much. My sleep feels very deep and fulfilling and my energy level throughout the day feels good even on 6 hours of sleep.
Glad you're feeling better today man!

Swolljaboi

Awards
Thanks. Update: whenever I got home my wife informed me that I was sweating and talking in my sleep last night. It was cold last night so to be sweating makes me wonder if I am experiencing higher than normal metabolism while sleeping. I also am not normally a sleep talker so I must have been having a vivid dream in a deep sleep.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I can personally attest to colorful and vibrant dreams when I am on any type of ZMA formula....

Hopefully you weren't taking about anther woman.:shhh:

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can personally attest to colorful and vibrant dreams when I am on any type of ZMA formula....

Hopefully you weren't taking about anther woman.:shhh:
Not me, I never dream. Except when I took chantix, that shiz was crazy

Swolljaboi

Awards
Sorry I didn't update yesterday it has been a hectic week.

Day 5

Dosed usual time. Slept very well. Had a good workout and good energy all day.

Day 6
Dosed at 9 and went to bed around 915. I fell asleep fast and hard and slept all night. My wife said I was sweating so bad she couldn't even lay next to me. I don't remember sweating that much but I will take her word for it. Killed back day this morning.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sorry I didn't update yesterday it has been a hectic week.

Day 5

Dosed usual time. Slept very well. Had a good workout and good energy all day.

Day 6
Dosed at 9 and went to bed around 915. I fell asleep fast and hard and slept all night. My wife said I was sweating so bad she couldn't even lay next to me. I don't remember sweating that much but I will take her word for it. Killed back day this morning.
Sounds like its doing the trick!

Swolljaboi

Awards
Day 7

Went to bed at 9 dosed around 830. I sweat all night again. Honestly not sure if the REM is causing it or not. I'm also on ECA stack right now, but my last dose is at 230 pm, so I don't know what exactly is causing the sweating. I've been sleeping like a baby though. The stuff also tastes great I look forward to taking it. Had a great leg day this morning. I am exhausted and cannot wait for a good night of sleep.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 7

Went to bed at 9 dosed around 830. I sweat all night again. Honestly not sure if the REM is causing it or not. I'm also on ECA stack right now, but my last dose is at 230 pm, so I don't know what exactly is causing the sweating. I've been sleeping like a baby though. The stuff also tastes great I look forward to taking it. Had a great leg day this morning. I am exhausted and cannot wait for a good night of sleep.
I've never heard of rem doing that but everyone is different so Idk.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Have to agree with swanky.....there are some days I wake up tighter but never heard of sweating....interesting

Swolljaboi

Awards
I just finished my last night of REM and I have to say it is definitely one of the best, if not the best, sleep and recovery aids I've used. The sweating also subsided when i came off my ECA stack this weekend so it was the culprit, not the REM. I will post a full review in the appropriate forum soon. Thanks for the opportunity to do this as it was my first supp log and a great experience!

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just finished my last night of REM and I have to say it is definitely one of the best, if not the best, sleep and recovery aids I've used. The sweating also subsided when i came off my ECA stack this weekend so it was the culprit, not the REM. I will post a full review in the appropriate forum soon. Thanks for the opportunity to do this as it was my first supp log and a great experience!
awesome to hear, man, glad you liked it so much! I've never run ECA so I have no clue as to the effects of it but night sweats suck ass no matter what causes them!

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Excellent and glad you were able to find the culprit of your night sweats.

Keep your eyes on Formutech as we have new products and new flavors on the Horizon.