Chaos and Pain Meets Kenpo!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sponsored Chaos and Pain Ferox PreWorkout Log.

A month ago I tried a sample of Chaos and Pain's PWO called Ferox. I was impressed but wanted to use a whole tub to be sure. I'm excited and my thanks goes out to Pyrobat for allowing me the opportunity to log this PWO.

View attachment 98085

View attachment 98086

Ferox is for the stim lover. Looking at the profile it must have every stimulant known in it. Researching these I warn you that you don't want to dose more than a scoop!

Let's see how this older lifter's body responds. In honesty I'm currently running a cycle of IML Osta RX and have eight days remaining. I figured this wouldn't interfere with logging a PWO.

Other supplements I'll be taking: Glucosamine, Multivitamin and Fish Oil. Nothing else.

As of now here are my stats:
Height 5'6". Weight 167 lbs Age 53

Max Lifts Starting (Actual off cycle)
Machine Bench: 255 lbs
Machine Squat: 275 BB
Deadlift: 355
Machine Shoulder Press: 115

Workouts: All my workouts are on a daily basis in my garage gym. They are generally 1 to 1.5 hours long and utilize combinations of an Ironmaster machine and free-weights:

View attachment 98087

I train using a 7 day split and use a HR monitor to time when my HR returns to a point that I can begin the next set.

Feel free to post anything you'd like to motivate or make me do my best. If my weights for any lift seem "off" it might be due to incorrect form. Don't flame me (PM me instead) as I'm still learning. Welcome to my log!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Final Rating on Chaos and Pain's PWO called Cannibal Ferox. Truly I am a stimulant lover that has tried over 20 PWOs. I enjoy a good (well enormous) amount of energy for early morning workouts and want that "eat iron" feeling! Here are my thoughts on Ferox:

Mixability: 10/10 It only took a few swirls to mix. No foaming or undissolved particles.

Taste: 7/10
Flavor reminded me of grain alcohol and lemon heads. I never let taste hold me back from anything so this wasn't an issue for me.

Effectiveness: 9/10
No highly stimed out feeling just smooth and clean energy. Works in about 15 mins and hang time is about 4 hours. After about a week of use I experienced an "analgesic" like effect in which joint pain went away and I was able to put more sets/reps up.

Sides
None. No crash or GI issues at all.

Cost
The directions said to use a rounded scoop. I used 3/4 scoop and was quite happy. This allows for one tub lasting over 60 days making it very cost effective.

Recommendation
I would definitely recommend Ferox as a stim PWO to my lifting friends. In fact, I purchased a tub of the watermelon flavored Ferox so I'm set for 3 months or so!

Thanks Pyrobatt and Chaos and Pain!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Weight 168.4 Goal: 180 lbs

Started this with Squat Day! I received the Luminous Lemon Ice flavor.

Directions say to mix a heaping scoop (6.7g by label). I took a level scoop weighed it at 4g and mixed it in 8 oz water. It mixed with a few swirls.

The taste is like drinking grain alcohol with lemon head candy dissolved in it. The sample I tried was the Watermelon Warmachine flavor and it was similar. Next will try 6 oz water.

This stuff hit hard and fast! 15 mins and I'm not cussing the squats anymore!

Daily Quote: I'm never afraid of a man that has practiced a thousand different punches or kicks. I fear the man that has practiced one punch or kick a thousand times!

View attachment 98088

Squat Day
Smith Machine Squat 309.17
Set 1 : 165x10
Set 2 : 205x5
Set 3 : 225x5
Set 4 : 245x5
Set 5 : 265x5
Set 6 : 275x3
Set 7 : 225x5
Set 8 : 225x5
Set 9 : 225x5
Set 10 : 225x5
|
Notes
Usually I'm wiped after 5 sets! Whew! I can eat steel right now! Good lifting all!

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Get it brother! I'm in on this!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Welcome to my log brothers! It's great to have you watching!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In for weight-moving... with form!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
Awesome home gym setup! Reminds me of what I had before Divorce laid waste to much of my material possessions .... working on building it all back up again now that the dust has settled and I am in a new and much healthier place. (been 3years since I had to let the home dungeon go)

Looking forward to your log ..... I am very curious about the long term effectiveness of Cannibal Ferox. Many PWO's on the market today seem to work ok for a few rounds but quickly loose their effectiveness......Perhaps my metabolism adapts quicker to stims than others

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hi TKC. Thanks for joining in. This home gym was created after recovering from divorce! I'm in a much better place as well with a wife that is healthy and supports my health endeavors.

Curious about Ferox longterm as well. Will do my best to report effectiveness.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
did someone say stims? in for dem der stims!!!:eek:uttahere:

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
did someone say stims? in for dem der stims!!!:eek:uttahere:
Now it's a party. Welcome brother. Ferox at a level scoop kept me cranking today.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Now it's a party. Welcome brother. Ferox at a level scoop kept me cranking today.
that's what i like to hear!!!

good/strong stims are becoming rare, supp companies are going for mainstream...not good for us hardcore stimmers, lol.

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
that's what i like to hear!!!

good/strong stims are becoming rare, supp companies are going for mainstream...not good for us hardcore stimmers, lol.
AMEN Brother! Half the so-called stim PWO's out there nowadays can't even compete with my daily coffee intake. Nothing about me is mainstream ..... certainly not my desire for hardcore "real" stims in my PWO. Hope to hear good things about Ferox in this regard.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No lifting today. I must have weakened the lower back muscles with yesterday's extra long squat session. This morning I swung my legs out over the edge of the bed and tweaked a lower back muscle! I'm walking around like a freakin old man! Heat and Ibuprofen is my friend!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
No lifting today. I must have weakened the lower back muscles with yesterday's extra long squat session. This morning I swung my legs out over the edge of the bed and tweaked a lower back muscle! I'm walking around like a freakin old man! Heat and Ibuprofen is my friend!
rotate ice pack/heat pad....

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ice packs, heat and ibuprofen did the trick. Back is back about 85%.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Weight 167/180

After nursing the lower back yesterday I'm back to walking straight again. Another level scoop of Ferox in 6 oz water. This tasted better but it's still like drinking grain alcohol and lemon heads candy. I'm not saying this is a bad thing. If it works well I don't care about taste.

Ferox has the ability to kill muscle pain or soreness. I barely felt the back muscles while lifting. Because of this I purposely held back today from my Ten Sets of Fun workout:

Smith Machine Bench Bodyweight for Reps 15 Set 1 : 15 Laps/Reps
Set 2 : 15 Laps/Reps
Set 3 : 14 Laps/Reps
Set 4 : 13 Laps/Reps
Set 5 : 13 Laps/Reps
Set 6 : 14 Laps/Reps
Set 7 : 12 Laps/Reps
Set 8 : 12 Laps/Reps
Set 9 : 10 Laps/Reps
Set 10 : 12 Laps/Reps
|
Notes
That's 130 compared to 119 the last workout. I might drop Ferox back to 3/4 scoop next time. Good lifting all my brothers in iron!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Weight 167/180

After nursing the lower back yesterday I'm back to walking straight again. Another level scoop of Ferox in 6 oz water. This tasted better but it's still like drinking grain alcohol and lemon heads candy. I'm not saying this is a bad thing. If it works well I don't care about taste.

Ferox has the ability to kill muscle pain or soreness. I barely felt the back muscles while lifting. Because of this I purposely held back today from my Ten Sets of Fun workout:

Smith Machine Bench Bodyweight for Reps 15 Set 1 : 15 Laps/Reps
Set 2 : 15 Laps/Reps
Set 3 : 14 Laps/Reps
Set 4 : 13 Laps/Reps
Set 5 : 13 Laps/Reps
Set 6 : 14 Laps/Reps
Set 7 : 12 Laps/Reps
Set 8 : 12 Laps/Reps
Set 9 : 10 Laps/Reps
Set 10 : 12 Laps/Reps
|
Notes
That's 130 compared to 119 the last workout. I might drop Ferox back to 3/4 scoop next time. Good lifting all my brothers in iron!
dude....you are selling me on ferox, really that good, huh?

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Weight 168/180

I don't have Blood pressure issues but I do monitor BP when trying out PWOs. Ferox does not affect BP at all.

Winter took a toll today on my workout. I'm so very sick of 11 degree weather! Argh! Felt unmotivated and drained!

Ten Sets of Fun

Smith Machine Close Grip Bench Press 206.67 Set 1 : 155x10 PR for this routine not max.
Set 2 : 155x10
Set 3 : 155x10
Set 4 : 155x10
Set 5 : 155x10
Set 6 : 155x10
Set 7 : 155x10
Set 8 : 155x10
Set 9 : 155x10
Set 10 : 155x10
|
Notes
Good lifting all.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Weight 168/180

I don't have Blood pressure issues but I do monitor BP when trying out PWOs. Ferox does not affect BP at all.

Winter took a toll today on my workout. I'm so very sick of 11 degree weather! Argh! Felt unmotivated and drained!

Ten Sets of Fun

Smith Machine Close Grip Bench Press 206.67 Set 1 : 155x10 PR for this routine not max.
Set 2 : 155x10
Set 3 : 155x10
Set 4 : 155x10
Set 5 : 155x10
Set 6 : 155x10
Set 7 : 155x10
Set 8 : 155x10
Set 9 : 155x10
Set 10 : 155x10
|
Notes
Good lifting all.
that is some great info...i would have thought that a strong stim would raise bp by quite a bit.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Weight 165.4/180

Reduced Ferox dose to 3/4 scoop (3 g measured) and this is my sweet spot. The label says use a heaping scoop (6.7 g) and a level scoop is 4 g. Holy Mackeral! This tub (200 g) is going to last a long time (over 60 days)! Winning!

DQ: The iron doesn't care what you think or what you need. It only moves when acted upon!

Dropping sugars from diet really drops the weight quickly! Lost about 3 lbs water in a day.

Ferox fired me up again. The arms are smoked:

Ab Vacuums 10
Set 1 : 10 Laps/Reps
Set 2 : 10 Laps/Reps
Set 3 : 10 Laps/Reps
|
Barbell Drag Curl 145.67
Set 1 : 115x8 PR for reps
Set 2 : 115x8
Set 3 : 115x8
|
Dumbbell Cross Body Hammer Curl 76
Set 1 : 60x8 PR for reps
Set 2 : 60x8
Set 3 : 60x8
|
Dumbbell Zottman Curl 57
Set 1 : 45x8
Set 2 : 45x6 Dropped reps here
Set 3 : 45x6
|
EZ Bar Curl 93.33
Set 1 : 70x10 Very slow and strict form
Set 2 : 70x10
Set 3 : 70x10
Set 4 : 70x10
Set 5 : 70x10
Set 6 : 70x10
Set 7 : 70x10
Set 8 : 70x10
Set 9 : 70x10
Set 10 : 70x10
|
Notes
Good lifting all!

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
You tore those bi's up! Awesome job on the PR's! That tub is very economical for you, I'm very interested in this one!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You tore those bi's up! Awesome job on the PR's! That tub is very economical for you, I'm very interested in this one!
Thanks Pete! I can feel them now and it's only been a few hours! Lol. This Ferox is like powdered energy. You have to be careful not to let it push your joints into damage zone though.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thanks Pete! I can feel them now and it's only been a few hours! Lol. This Ferox is like powdered energy. You have to be careful not to let it push your joints into damage zone though.
booohaaaah...or as slick leonard would say BOOM BABY

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
booohaaaah...or as slick leonard would say BOOM BABY
I thought that was the wrestler Ric Savage that says this! BOOM BABY!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Weight 165.8/180

Another 3/4 scoop Ferox in 6 oz water - Boom Baby! Added 4 more sets of inclines.

DQ: What happened to grit? The schools destroyed it by forcing conformance.

Smith Machine Incline Bench Press 239.17
Set 1 : 145x10 1 notch from flat
Set 2 : 165x10
Set 3 : 185x8
Set 4 : 205x5
Set 5 : 145x10 2 notches up
Set 6 : 165x10
Set 7 : 185x6
Set 8 : 205x4
Set 9 : 125x10 3 notches up
Set 10 : 145x10
Set 11 : 165x5
Set 12 : 165x6
Set 13 : 125x10 45 degrees here
Set 14 : 125x10
Set 15 : 125x8
Set 16 : 125x9
|
Ab Vacuums 10
|
Notes
Added BCAA drink back into diet. Good lifting all!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Those are some badass sets of inclines!
Thanks Pete. I've been changing things up in my routine to incorporate more volume. Changing the angle of the bench is something I stole from Reggie.

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Thanks Pete. I've been changing things up in my routine to incorporate more volume. Changing the angle of the bench is something I stole from Reggie.
I did that as well:) I like how you do 3-4 sets per level.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
now you need to add declines....my christmas present from family 4 years ago was a bench with decline/incline settings...love it!!!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
now you need to add declines....my christmas present from family 4 years ago was a bench with decline/incline settings...love it!!!
Agree, adding in declines and DB close grip presses to hit the chesticles at some different angles.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Weight 168.8/180

Ferox definitely has an "anesthetic" like effect. Normally the decline crunches kill my abs and this time all I felt was the muscles not wanting to contract on the last reps. Boom Baby!!

DQ: Should of, could of and would of are not words you want to say on your death bed!

Ab Vacuums 10
|
Decline Crunch 29
Set 1 : 29 Laps/Reps
Set 2 : 25 Laps/Reps
Set 3 : 20 Laps/Reps
Set 4 : 15 Laps/Reps
Set 5 : 16 Laps/Reps
Set 6 : 20 Laps/Reps
Set 7 : 20 Laps/Reps
Set 8 : 20 Laps/Reps
Set 9 : 15 Laps/Reps
Set 10 : 20 Laps/Reps
|
Barbell Ab Rollout on Knees 20
Set 1 : 20 Laps/Reps
Set 2 : 20 Laps/Reps
Set 3 : 20 Laps/Reps
Set 4 : 20 Laps/Reps
Set 5 : 20 Laps/Reps
|
Cable Kneeling Pulldown 88.67
Set 1 : 65x10
Set 2 : 65x10
Set 3 : 70x8
Set 4 : 65x10
Set 5 : 65x10
|
Notes
It's still cold! Mother Nature, give us a break ready!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
props...my abs are sore from just reading that workout.

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Damn! I was intrigued before but now I'm really wanting to try this out!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Damn! I was intrigued before but now I'm really wanting to try this out!
hehehe...i got some samples in mail today. 1 ferox/1 genius/1 swole. going to see what this ferox is all about tomorrow!!!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
pete8407

pete8407

Awards
hehehe...i got some samples in mail today. 1 ferox/1 genius/1 swole. going to see what this ferox is all about tomorrow!!!
Hell ya! I would love to see some more reviews. Do you have a log going?