iForce Brown Sugar Maple Oatmeal Cookie HNNGGG Log

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just got my Brown Sugar Maple Oatmeal Cookie Protean today. Shout out to iForce for picking me to review, this stuff looks amazing.

Smell: Best smelling protein I have ever had by far. So brown sugar-maple-y. Jesus.
Mixability: Mixed with some almond milk (ran out after half a cup) and water. There were a few small chunks right after I mixed it, but after a few minutes they dissolved and it was very smooth (couldn't resist taking a sip right after mixing).
Taste: I think it's the best protein I have ever had. Not too thick or sweet which is just how I like it. There weren't any overpowering flavors and everything seemed to balance nicely.
I currently have Cellucor PB Marshmellow, Cinnamon bun, Phase8 PB, Smartpowders Vanilla, SAN Chocolate Graham Cracker, and some strawberry (forgot what brand). I like to have a lot of options since I rely on protein a lot since I am only home (awake) about an hour a day with school and want convenience. Needless to say, this stuff is delicious. Kind of tastes like Cellucor Cinnamon bun but more maple-y and not as intense/sweet which I like better. My shake was kind of thin but I used too much water and only one scoop. Will experiment with more protein and less water/milk next time.
Proats: Oh lawd, this was perfect. Brown Sugar and oatmeal is a classic, so imagine brown sugar protein and oats. Easily the best proats I have ever had.

I am gonna try to bake something this weekend. Came home early from school just to try this protein (usually am at school from 8 am - 10 pm). Won't have time to try anything fancy until Saturday. Will probably try a quick protein microwave cake before bed.

In for suggestions on what to bake this weekend.

This flavor is not up yet but here is a link to nutra: iForce Nutrition Protean (4 lb): Discount Protean Supplements

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just got my Brown Sugar Maple Oatmeal Cookie Protean today. Shout out to iForce for picking me to review, this stuff looks amazing.

Smell: Best smelling protein I have ever had by far. So brown sugar-maple-y. Jesus.
Mixability: Mixed with some almond milk (ran out after half a cup) and water. There were a few small chunks right after I mixed it, but after a few minutes they dissolved and it was very smooth (couldn't resist taking a sip right after mixing).
Taste: I think it's the best protein I have ever had. Not too thick or sweet which is just how I like it. There weren't any overpowering flavors and everything seemed to balance nicely.
I currently have Cellucor PB Marshmellow, Cinnamon bun, Phase8 PB, Smartpowders Vanilla, SAN Chocolate Graham Cracker, and some strawberry (forgot what brand). I like to have a lot of options since I rely on protein a lot since I am only home (awake) about an hour a day with school and want convenience. Needless to say, this stuff is delicious. Kind of tastes like Cellucor Cinnamon bun but more maple-y and not as intense/sweet which I like better. My shake was kind of thin but I used too much water and only one scoop. Will experiment with more protein and less water/milk next time.
Proats: Oh lawd, this was perfect. Brown Sugar and oatmeal is a classic, so imagine brown sugar protein and oats. Easily the best proats I have ever had.

I am gonna try to bake something this weekend. Came home early from school just to try this protein (usually am at school from 8 am - 10 pm). Won't have time to try anything fancy until Saturday. Will probably try a quick protein microwave cake before bed.

In for suggestions on what to bake this weekend.

This flavor is not up yet but here is a link to nutra: iForce Nutrition Protean (4 lb): Discount Protean Supplements
damn bird... tell us how you really feel!?!? :dance:

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
damn bird... tell us how you really feel!?!? :dance:
The real test is how my gf likes it. She refuses to drink anything besides Cellucor Cinnamon bun :facepalm:

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome man.. im in!

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So I am trying to keep all my creations pretty plain so I can judge the flavor. I could throw in all kinds of stuff to my concoctions but that would defeat the purpose of the log- to report on this new amazing flavor.

Simple Protein cake
75g instant pancake mix
42g almond flour
2 scoops iForce Brown Sugar Protein
2 tbsp pb (on top)
18g chocolate pb2 (on top)

I like to keep my cakes in the bowl as it is easier to eat, but doens't look as good for pics. Oh well.

This was amazing. Not gonna add any pb next time so I can get the full brown sugar maple flavor. The brown sugar maple flavor goes great with almond flour. So freaking good.

Next up, I made some protien ball things. I wasn't planning on making anything during the week but saw this quick recipe on vitacost and had a spare 15 minutes so made it.

http://blog.vitacost.com/cooking-recipe/mint-chocolate-protein-balls.html?csrc=pinterest:JazzyThingsMintyChocolateBalls

Changed it up a bit through

4 scoops iForce protein
42g almond flour
2 tbsp pb
1 serving chocolate chips
almond milk to hold together

Better than most protein bars I have had, and probably 1/4-1/2 the cost. Really easy to make too, took me 5 minutes. Packed some in my lunch today.

Gonna be making this stuff this weekend. As I said before, I am trying to keep it simple to bring out the brown sugar maple flavor. Any other suggestions are appreciated too.

http://proteinpow.com/2014/02/coffee-whey-protein-bars-perfect-pre-workout.html
http://proteinpow.com/2012/10/cinnamon-and-peanut-butter-protein.html

Might make some protein bread if I have time also.

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
I'm definitely try those Protean balls!

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Epic fail this weekend with baking. Brought all the ingredients I needed to my fiances house then my parents came over to help her with engagment party stuff and ****ed my whole day up. Saturday is my only free day for the week so I have to do all my fun/leisure stuff that day.

Just got engaged 2 weeks ago so my life is a whirl wind right now. Going to bake the things I listed above hopefully Wednesday or maybe Friday depending on my school workload this week.

Still using the protein with all my oats and loving it though.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Congrats on the engagement!
Thanks man. I thought my job was over when I asked her but I thought wrong. Now she is giving me all these jobs to do :facepalm:

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Hey, wanted to tell you, I started my Xgels run today. Very excited! I've actually been pumped all day!

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey, wanted to tell you, I started my Xgels run today. Very excited! I've actually been pumped all day!
Awesome. Is it your first time running ArA?

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Awesome. Is it your first time running ArA?
Yes it is. I've done a lot of reading on the forum for this run. I'm running 6 gels a day pre w/o, 6 days a week for 50 workouts, which is 3 bottles. I'm also taking LCLT, agmatine and glycerol mono with the gels. There's some other supps I'm taking but those were the ones a read about being great to take with the gels.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok here we go. Did some baking last week but just got around to posting it

First I made these:

http://proteinpow.com/2014/01/dark-chocolate-filled-orange-coconut-whey-protein-cake.html

I made them in a muffin tin though.

Added some PB as the cookies I made were too dry and dind't want to mess those up too.

So freaking good. Definitely can taste the maple. The maple flavor seems to coem through anything you mix with it which is nice because protein flavors can sometimes get lost if you mix in too many other flavors. Next time I think I will try it with coconut oil instead of PB to try to bring out the maple flavor even more while keeping the muffin moist.

Made these first:

http://proteinpow.com/2012/10/cinnamon-and-peanut-butter-protein.html

I replaced most of the different flours with ground oats and whole oats as I was trying to go with the whole oatmeal theme. It must have messed something up because they were pretty bad. First bad thing I have baked from Proteinpow, but it was probably my fault since I changed up the recipe. They were really rubbery because of the eggs. Besides the rubbery part, they did taste good though. The only flavoring I used was the protein so you could really taste it. Next time I will either try her recipe to the T or add some coconut oil or PB to it to make it more moist.

Overall, I am very pleased with this protein powder. Great for baking/proats. Actually, best protein I have ever used to baking/proats. For a straight protein shake, the flavor was a little strong for my taste but that can be easily remedied by diluting your shakes more than I did.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAMN.. those look legit bro!

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
waiting for the next update!!

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Protein pancakes

This used to be one of my post workout staples before I started law school. Finished some work a little early on Thursday so decided to make them again. Used some instant pacake mix, little bit of oats for texture, and brown sugar protein. So good. Didn't even have to use syrup because the brown sugar and maple flavors definitely came through.

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Those pancakes look great!!! So you just is a pancake mix and add the powder to it? Also just to let you know, I'm lovin my Xgels run!!

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pancakes look legit.. but i see a burnt one :p

Mike

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Protein pancakes

This used to be one of my post workout staples before I started law school. Finished some work a little early on Thursday so decided to make them again. Used some instant pacake mix, little bit of oats for texture, and brown sugar protein. So good. Didn't even have to use syrup because the brown sugar and maple flavors definitely came through.
those look soo good, it's awesome that you didn't even need syrup with the flavoring of brown sugar and maple from the protean

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
can you even imagine a pancake samich using those?? my gawdman/10

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
[size=+3]Final Protean Review[/size]Thanks for iForce for letting me try this protein. I loved it. Ran into law school finals in the middle of this log which screwed me so sorry for not getting more recipes up. Hopefully at least someone searching for a protein finds this review helpful though!Macros: 9/10 - 25g protein, 6g carbs, 2g fat. Love the high protein content. Tired of companies coming out with 20g protein/scoop. Would give it a 10/10 but the carb content is a little high but I don't mind, but someone dieting might. I think you need a little more carbs to make that delicious flavor though.Mixability: 9/10 - Mixes kinda strange as first. Not chucks, just doesn't fully mix. But if you let it sit for a minute its perfect.Taste: 10/10 - This stuff is freaking delicious. It tastes extractly like brown sugar maple and is very strong. The smell is extremely strong as well. I love brown sugar so this was probably the best protein I have ever had besides choco pb which I love as well.Baking: Best protein for baking I have ever used by far. What can you bake that that tastes like brown sugar and maple and isn't delicious?! Nothing.Overall: 9/10 - Great protein. Gave it a 9/10 for being priced a little on the higher side (but not higher than other premium proteins) and the higher than normal carb content. I really want to buy the red velvet Protean flavor if I can find it. Anyone know if it's still at retailers?Again, thanks to iForce for letting me try this protein. It did not disappoint.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
[SIZE=+3]Final Protean Review[/SIZE]

Thanks for iForce for letting me try this protein. I loved it. Ran into law school finals in the middle of this log which screwed me so sorry for not getting more recipes up. Hopefully at least someone searching for a protein finds this review helpful though!

Macros: 9/10 - 25g protein, 6g carbs, 2g fat. Love the high protein content. Tired of companies coming out with 20g protein/scoop. Would give it a 10/10 but the carb content is a little high but I don't mind, but someone dieting might. I think you need a little more carbs to make that delicious flavor though.
Mixability: 9/10 - Mixes kinda strange as first. Not chucks, just doesn't fully mix. But if you let it sit for a minute its perfect.
Taste: 10/10 - This stuff is freaking delicious. It tastes extractly like brown sugar maple and is very strong. The smell is extremely strong as well. I love brown sugar so this was probably the best protein I have ever had besides choco pb which I love as well.
Baking: Best protein for baking I have ever used by far. What can you bake that that tastes like brown sugar and maple and isn't delicious?! Nothing.
Overall: 9/10 - Great protein. Gave it a 9/10 for being priced a little on the higher side (but not higher than other premium proteins) and the higher than normal carb content. I really want to buy the red velvet Protean flavor if I can find it. Anyone know if it's still at retailers?

Again, thanks to iForce for letting me try this protein. It did not disappoint.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I srsly doubt you will find any red velvet at this point... awesome review brother. hope all is well with your finals and such!

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the review Warbird....i agree the smell is out of this world, sort of makes my mouth water when I open the tub