Mountainman's "Kitchen Sink"

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last
  1. Mountainman's "Kitchen Sink"

Hey Kids,
    I'm going to be running an unsponsered log with a sh!t ton of stuff during my PCT, it may work, it may not. All I know is I had the cash lying around during NP's New Year's sale, saw things I couldn't pass up and went TOWN. I'm just doing this for fun, so if anyone catches onto this thread please keep that in mind. If you have anything negative to say about this stack or what I'm doing for splits, exercises, grips, rep schemes, whatever, you don't have to follow. I DO however love constructive criticism, so if you have any of that I'm all for it. This is an unsponsered log BTW.

Here's my list of products:
    Clomid
    X-Factor Advanced
    ALCAR
    GMS
    Forskolin 95
    Tropinol XP
    MAN PR-XT
    EGCG
    Burn 24
    Slin Sane
    Bulk DAA
    Revolution Black
    DIM
    Joint Fixx
    Chondroit Sulf /Glucosamine Sulf / MSM
    Cissus

As well as a multi, mega krill oil, beta-sitosterol.

The list is based in studies, research, anecdotal evidence, and just plain personal curiosity, but I don't know if all of it has ever been tried together. At least I can't find anywhere that it has. Could be very synergystic, could comepletely back fire, who knows.

I have several PWO's handy, Volatile being one of them which I like a lot, and a home made pre that I put together that tastes absolutely horrid but is effective as hell.

Currently 205 lbs. at what I would estimate at 13 - 14% BF. I'm attempting to use this run as a recomp running 2 a days on upper body days with weights in the morning and cardio at night. I may swap it at some point since I've only been following that for just over a week. My lifting split is based on antagonistic muscle groups and is as follows:

Chest / Traps
    Quads / Calves
    Delts / Lats
    Hams / Calves

Rest days are interspersed but I've gone for 3 weeks straight on that split without rest days. Since tournament season in right around the corner for volleyball there will be some leg days that will be built solely around explosive work and plyo metrics. And none of those retarded cross sh!t box jumps, real box depth jumps that actually produce results.

My diet has been semi clean, especially with my wife being out of town for military training, averaging 300 grams protein and 400 - 500 grams carbs. I just downloaded a macro tracking app to help me keep better track since I'm planning on trying to cut some BF.

I am still dealing with some tendonitis in my elbow, and patellar tendonitis that I've had since college and will never go away unfortunately, but I've been able to work around it. So once tournament season is over I'll be able to focus strictly on leg strength and size.

Thanks for following along, and don't be afraid have a little fun with this one with me.

2. In first bishes! Kill it MM! Keep those gains !
    May I suggest using this app to track your bloodwork tests:
    myBloodTracker for IPhone and IPad
    https://appsto.re/us/vvMndb.i
    •   

3. Yesterday was supposed to be chest and traps but I walked around with my kids for a good while at the mall doing some shopping and I had my son in his back that whole time. My traps were sore as sh!t so I would not be training those, so as an adjustment I went with chest and some rare arm work. I took my XFA + ALCAR + GMS and the PR-XT with EGCG about an hour ahead of time, then the Volatile 30 mins. prior, and headed out to the garage.

DB Flat Bench / Rope Hammer Curls w/ Hand Twist
    75s x 8 / *50* x 10
    90s x 6 / *50* x 10
    70s x 10 / *50* x 10
    70s x 10 / *50* x 8

For those anyone wondering about the * with the weights, my cable systems have "weight multiplying" pulley ratios, so supposedly the weights are heavier than what is on the stacks. I don't know what the multiplied weights actually equal so I use the * to show what the stack says.

Pec Deck / OH Rope Tri Extensions / Incline Bench Curls w/ extra slow eccentric
    *30* x 12 / 25s x 12
    *30* x 12 / 25s x 12
    *30* x 12 / 25s x 12

Since I was outside at night and my kids were in bed I had the monitor with me. My daughter started crying pretty loudly so I had to run in and see what the issue was. After consoling her and getting her nack to sleep I decided to stay inside and do push variations super set with concentrations curls. I kep rest periods short and tried to get some HIIT training out of it at the same time.

This morning I went out to do sprints on the treadmill and the treadmill pooped the bed on me. Just died as soon as I hit the speed up button. So I had to switch to the wife's elliptical, which only worked for about 2 minutes before I decided I couldn't get the HIIT intensity I need. I switched to shuttle runs which got me to the level I needed for HIIT and managed to get about 15 mins. total before I had to head back in to get ready for work.

4. Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    In first bishes! Kill it MM! Keep those gains !
    Thanks KP! Happy to see you on here.

I'll keeping and then some!

5. In fo sho
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by skinnybones View Post
    In fo sho
    Awesome, thanks Bones!

You hit that 200# mark yet?

7. You know I'm in this man!

8. Quote Originally Posted by pete8407 View Post
    You know I'm in this man!
    Thanks Pete. This was your idea after all.

9. Nice stack, bro! Hope you keep all of your gains!

10. Quote Originally Posted by mountainman33 View Post
    Awesome, thanks Bones!

You hit that 200# mark yet?
    Ahh . Not yet , hopefully by next Monday, that would be sweet!

BTW that's one crazy stack brother. Can't wait to see how it treats you.

11. Quote Originally Posted by mountainman33 View Post
    Thanks Pete. This was your idea after all.
    You have a sick list of supps! I just thought it would be fun to log them!

12. We'll see what happens. It's a lot to take during the day. The real b!cth is taking the GMS. It doesn't dissolve for beans because its a triglyceride fat, almost gagged and puked taking it last night. Anyone have any suggestions?

13. In for the next time cash is lying around...
    “Care for the flock that God has entrusted to you. Watch over it willingly, not grudgingly—not for what you will get out of it, but because you are eager to serve God. ... lead them by your own good example.” 1 Peter‬ 5:2-3‬

14. Quote Originally Posted by mountainman33 View Post
    We'll see what happens. It's a lot to take during the day. The real b!cth is taking the GMS. It doesn't dissolve for beans because its a triglyceride fat, almost gagged and puked taking it last night. Anyone have any suggestions?
    When I took it before I would just dump it down my throat and chase it with my preworkout

15. Quote Originally Posted by pete8407 View Post
    When I took it before I would just dump it down my throat and chase it with my preworkout
    I'll try that tonight.
    Strong Supplement Shop
    - Board Rep -
    Check out our deals at strongsupplementshop.com

16. shoot & chase it with something flavored.

Oh yeah....in
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

17. Time to play some catch up.

Monday night I did a plyo workout with depth jumps and jumps squats mixed in with hamstring curls. Got in a good workout and was out of breath most of the time which is good, and was going to go to bed right after my shake but my wife called from California so of course I had to talk to her for a while. Didn't get to bed till late so doing HIIT Tuesday morning was out of the question. I did get in a killer lat and delt workout last night though:

Alternating Grip Pull Ups / DB OHP
    PU x 5, CH x 5 / 30s x 15
    CU x 5, PH x 4 / 30s x 15
    PU x 5, CH x 3 / 30s x 15
    CU x 5, PH x 3 / 30s x 15

The last 3 reps for both the OHP and chin/pull ups were mega cheats but I focused very hard on a slow negative during the cheat reps and my muscles, both lats and delts, burned like crazy during those negatives.

Meadow Rows / Drop Set Lateral Raises
    70 x 6L, 6R, 4L, 4R / 30s x 5, 10s x 10
    70 x 6R, 6L, 4R, 4L / 30s x 5, 10s x 10
    70 x 8L, 8R / 30s x 5, 10s x 10

Again, some cheating at the end, but major focus on the negatives.

Smith Machine High Pulls / Skier Pull Downs
    75 x 12 / *50* x 12
    75 x 12 / *50* x 12
    75 x 10 / *50* x 10

I finished out with a major burn out cycle, using isolation of tris and bis first in order to really try and get my major muscles to take over as much work as possible during the compounds.

OH Rope Tricep Exts. / Smith Machine OHP / EZ Bar Curls / Bent Over Underhand Row
    *50* x 10 / 85 x 10 / 60 x 10 / 135 x 8

I'm already sore today. Good stuff.

Big thank you to Hyde for his suggestion on taking GMS. That has been the best way so far. Still nasty though. And there is a SH!T LOAD of pills I take throughout the day. They're almost like meals there's so many. But it must all be working because one of the guys at work asked if I was on anything because I looked bigger all of a sudden. I do have to admit I feel like I'm pumped all the time. But my fuse has gotten VERY short. While on Max-Bulk I was generally calm and even had that sense of well being a lot of the time. Now I get really angry over the tiniest things. I'm keeping my cool when my kids are around but it's difficult sometimes, especially in the car. So many stupid drivers here in Vermont. Not testing my strength just yet, want to give it a few weeks then I'll give the big lifts a go and see where I'm at.

18. And that Macro Calculator I downloaded on my phone, once you work out the quirks ad get used to it, is pretty good. I tried out 4 or 5 and kept uninstalling, then when I came across this one it was easy from the start and so many options as far as goals. I recommend it because I really thought I had my nutrition in hand, but as it turns out I was all over the map on macros and calories. It takes no time at all to punch in my food and see my totals throughout the day. It's called Cals & Macros by DesignByVH if anyone is interested.

19. Nice workout. I'm stealing the pull up/chin up sets. I use Cals and Macros as well. I like the graphic trends that show the calories, macros and weights. You can see how all over the place your nutrition is. I just wish they had USA units and food database.
    May I suggest using this app to track your bloodwork tests:
    myBloodTracker for IPhone and IPad
    https://appsto.re/us/vvMndb.i

20. Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    Nice workout. I'm stealing the pull up/chin up sets. I use Cals and Macros as well. I like the graphic trends that show the calories, macros and weights. You can see how all over the place your nutrition is. I just wish they had USA units and food database.
    Food data base would be great. I scanned every bit of food in my house and not one friggin thing came up. Why have the scan option?

Swapping the pull ups and chin ups during sets is awesome. Helps you really feel and exhaust your lats. Love it!
    Strong Supplement Shop
    - Board Rep -

21. Yeah all the pills can get overwhelming; it can be more intense than the cycle. I literally base some choices on supps on how many caps/serving & consider how many x/day I have to dose - either last cycle or I believe it was the one before, there was a point where I hit 42 capsules/pills/tabs a day. Not counting bulk powders & such. That's friggin' dedication lol.

I try to keep it under half that though. Fish oil makes it tough if you get the cheap stuff; if you use high quality stuff like CL's Oximega 4 caps is equal to almost 11 cheapos, like you get at walmart & such. Nothing wrong with the wally's, but that's a lot of extra caps to swallow.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

22. Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    Yeah all the pills can get overwhelming; it can be more intense than the cycle. I literally base some choices on supps on how many caps/serving & consider how many x/day I have to dose - either last cycle or I believe it was the one before, there was a point where I hit 42 capsules/pills/tabs a day. Not counting bulk powders & such. That's friggin' dedication lol.

I try to keep it under half that though. Fish oil makes it tough if you get the cheap stuff; if you use high quality stuff like CL's Oximega 4 caps is equal to almost 11 cheapos, like you get at walmart & such. Nothing wrong with the wally's, but that's a lot of extra caps to swallow.
    Im starting to think along those lines now as well. The pill quantity is getting to be a little too much to keep track of on a busy day. My stomach is getting upset more often as well. Starting to like the powders more.

MM those are some sick work outs all ready. You most def kicked it up a notch. Nice job dude, cant wait for the turn out. Say good bye to the fat.

23. Thanks bonesy. I'm trying to keep pushing as much as I did when on the MB. I really want to take advantage of the increased synthesis, and I read about people getting a leaning effect from ArA so I want the most out of that as well. These 2 a days are hard if I can't get at least 6 hours of sleep though. I did 20 mins. of HIIT this morning and just hammered out a leg workout that almost made me puke. I can't wait to see the payoff either.

24. Just spent almost 2 hours shoveling.

Name:  ForumRunner_20140313_153553.png
Views: 102
Size:  482.5 KB

No need to workout tonight, that's for sure. Should had dosed my ArA before hand.
    Strong Supplement Shop
    - Board Rep -

25. Quote Originally Posted by mountainman33 View Post
    Just spent almost 2 hours shoveling.

Name:  ForumRunner_20140313_153553.png
Views: 102
Size:  482.5 KB

No need to workout tonight, that's for sure. Should had dosed my ArA before hand.
    Pretty

from down here in Florida.
    “Care for the flock that God has entrusted to you. Watch over it willingly, not grudgingly—not for what you will get out of it, but because you are eager to serve God. ... lead them by your own good example.” 1 Peter‬ 5:2-3‬
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. My Kitchen Sink Stack... Log it?
    By Soccer00 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-23-2008, 12:11 AM
  2. Everything but the kitchen sink log
    By DreamWeaver in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-17-2007, 11:40 AM
  3. Rate my stack v.kitchen sink?
    By abomber in forum Supplements