THIS IS SPA.. err THIS IS BROWN SUGAR MAPLE OATMEAL COOKIE

KingLeonidas9

KingLeonidas9

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
HUGE thank you goes out to VaughnTrue and Iforce for sending me this HUGE tub of their new flavor of protean!

Was using this 10lb chocolate protein for the past 2 months and quite frankly i'm sick to my stomach of it already! Couldn't take it anymore and here came Vaughn offering Brown Sugar Maple Oatmeal Cookie flavor for people to try and I was one of the lucky bastards to get this! I will be putting up a review along with recipe and probably pictures every time I make something new with this so be on the look out!

KingLeonidas9

KingLeonidas9

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Made the basic Proats with this. I'm not really a fan of oatmeal itself. After a while it gets boring and nasty but the scoop of Brown Sugar Maple Oatmeal cookie after the oatmeal was done and mixed in... nom nom nom! I just might start having this pre workout everyday from now on!

Crap. The picture I took didn't save.. I'll obviously make this again tomorrow and made sure it saves after I take it!

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Made the basic Proats with this. I'm not really a fan of oatmeal itself. After a while it gets boring and nasty but the scoop of Brown Sugar Maple Oatmeal cookie after the oatmeal was done and mixed in... nom nom nom! I just might start having this pre workout everyday from now on! Crap. The picture I took didn't save.. I'll obviously make this again tomorrow and made sure it saves after I take it!
Agree! The proats was delicious!

KingLeonidas9

KingLeonidas9

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agree! The proats was delicious!
Yes it is and I did it again.. I ate it this morning before legs and only after I was done that I remembered that I needed to take a picture LOL. I did bake an amazing cake with it... Will post the pictures in a minute.

KingLeonidas9

KingLeonidas9

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

All the ingredients for this cake. Used to the protean for the cake alone. For the icing on top i used another whey chocolate flavored.

After mixing most of the ingredients

After 40 mins of trying to get my oven to turn on, kicking the stove, cursing at the old stove and kicking the water gallons box on the floor I looked at the other side of the kitchen and saw the little oven under the microwave so I fired that up so it would be warm before I put it in and took a bit longer than I wanted to get the cake itself done but made it.

Waited for the cake to cool down, got it out and cut it in half. Started prepping the coconut mix for the middle.

Coconut mix done and added to cake, put the other half on top and started mixing together the icing for it.

KingLeonidas9

KingLeonidas9

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Only used about half a scoop of chocolate whey along with the sugar and fat free chocolate pudding for the topping.

First time ever trying this. Came out really good BUT I could had used more than just 2 stevia packets.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Only used about half a scoop of chocolate whey along with the sugar and fat free chocolate pudding for the topping.

First time ever trying this. Came out really good BUT I could had used more than just 2 stevia packets.

HOLY CRAP!

KingLeonidas9

KingLeonidas9

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks everyone. It was probably the hardest I ever baked but came out great at the end!

Will be eating it through the week and on the weekend I'll do a carrot cake with the oatmeal cookie protean topping. Should be tasty!

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
that looks epic....!!!!!!!!!!!!
Next year, I suggest we have an I-Force Christmas Party and hire some of these guys baking crazy foods with our powders to be the dessert chefs.. We can pay them off with hemavol and stuff

:D

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Thanks everyone. It was probably the hardest I ever baked but came out great at the end! Will be eating it through the week and on the weekend I'll do a carrot cake with the oatmeal cookie protean topping. Should be tasty!
A carrot cake now! Damn you have a talent! I'm doing easy sh!t and you need a 30 min info commercial for yours:)

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Next year, I suggest we have an I-Force Christmas Party and hire some of these guys baking crazy foods with our powders to be the dessert chefs.. We can pay them off with hemavol and stuff :D
The new hemavol flavor, I thinks it's blueberry pomegranate sounds amazing!

KingLeonidas9

KingLeonidas9

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Next year, I suggest we have an I-Force Christmas Party and hire some of these guys baking crazy foods with our powders to be the dessert chefs.. We can pay them off with hemavol and stuff

:D
haha you know i still have not yet tried hemavol. I got that Conquer and Hemavol deal last summer but than a buddy was mine was staying at the house and was talking about how much he loved hemavol, this and that, this and more of that. So I was like OK OK I got the hint you can have it. Bastard didn't even open it so I could have a try before he left and took it with him lol.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hmmm, look who stopped by.....

Looking pretty good in here!

KingLeonidas9

KingLeonidas9

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Was playing around in the kitchen today and came up with this tasty shake.

Oatmeal
2 scoops of Brown Cookie
5 frozen strawberries
3 brazil nuts

Threw them all together and mixed in the blender with water. So f'n good!

I got some coconut water today. I enjoy a protein shake every once in a while with coconut water. Anyone ever try?

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Was playing around in the kitchen today and came up with this tasty shake. Oatmeal 2 scoops of Brown Cookie 5 frozen strawberries 3 brazil nuts Threw them all together and mixed in the blender with water. So f'n good! I got some coconut water today. I enjoy a protein shake every once in a while with coconut water. Anyone ever try?
No, never tried it. I see it at the grocery store but never have bought it. Maybe I'll give it a try. That's damn nice of you to give a full tub of hemavol to your buddy!

KingLeonidas9

KingLeonidas9

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No, never tried it. I see it at the grocery store but never have bought it. Maybe I'll give it a try. That's damn nice of you to give a full tub of hemavol to your buddy!
I've tried with a few proteins in the past and some are better than others, I used to drink the coconut water with protein all the time after playing soccer. Will try it with the Oatmeal Cookie protean in an hour when I get back home from gym.

He was the guy that when I first started going to the gym asked if I wanted to start working out with him. Learned a lot from him and he gave me my first tub of creatine and mass gainer. He would pick me up at home as well for us to go to the gym. Kinda like his protege you could say. I felt like I owed him after all he thought me.

KingLeonidas9

KingLeonidas9

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm having hard time catching my proats on camera lol. I'm sorry but if you guys have never smelled this as its in the microwave than you won't know what i'm talking about.. I get it out and start eating and always forget about the picture. I mixed a few things in my proats today.

Oats
1 scoop of Brown Sugar Maple Oatmeal Cookie
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp raw honey
cinnamon
lil bit of salt

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!? =D

BEST

PROATS

EVER!

Last edited:
pete8407

pete8407

Awards
How are you adding apple to the protean? Real fruit or the flavored packets of oats?

KingLeonidas9

KingLeonidas9

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How are you adding apple to the protean? Real fruit or the flavored packets of oats?
LOL that was my bad. I was actually eating an apple while I was typing this with one hand. Have you ever done that? Like you think of something on your head or you are talking to someone and you end up typing something else? No apple on the oatmeal, that was suppose to say maple. lol

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Haha, yes I've done that:) I was actually thinking that apple would be a nice addition. Idea!

KingLeonidas9

KingLeonidas9

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha, yes I've done that:) I was actually thinking that apple would be a nice addition. Idea!
Oh snap! I got both them apple quick oats and real apple. Will have to try both now! haha going to do it tomorrow and than saturday again! lol Thanks for the idea that you came up from reading my mistake haha.

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Oh snap! I got both them apple quick oats and real apple. Will have to try both now! haha going to do it tomorrow and than saturday again! lol Thanks for the idea that you came up from reading my mistake haha.
I think I'm going to have to try the apple as well!

KingLeonidas9

KingLeonidas9

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Got a picture before devouring it. Lil bit of cinnamon on top. Sooo sooooooo good!

Also a recipe for a shake. Perfect post workout. Its absolutely delicious!
Skim milk
Cold water
3 ice cubes
5 frozen strawberries
1 banana
1 spoon of grated coconut
handful of granola
1 scoop of Brown Sugar Maple Protean.

I didn't measure the milk or water exactly, it was eye balling it but it was half of each, like 5 or 6oz of each. You could always substitute the granola for oatmeal. I always switch every once in a while between the two. It will be VERY creamy!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good log going in here! That cake looked delicious.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Got a picture before devouring it. Lil bit of cinnamon on top. Sooo sooooooo good!

Also a recipe for a shake. Perfect post workout. Its absolutely delicious!
Skim milk
Cold water
3 ice cubes
5 frozen strawberries
1 banana
1 spoon of grated coconut
handful of granola
1 scoop of Brown Sugar Maple Protean.

I didn't measure the milk or water exactly, it was eye balling it but it was half of each, like 5 or 6oz of each. You could always substitute the granola for oatmeal. I always switch every once in a while between the two. It will be VERY creamy!
Looks damn good!

Mike

KingLeonidas9

KingLeonidas9

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Guys I apologize big time! I FIIIIIIIIIIINALLY got a job and its crazy hours. I leave the house at 6am and get back home at 7pm, hit the gym and i'm dead. Been having my protean only in water and milk post workout and in the am when i wake up with oatmeal. But this weekend I will make a cheesecake and cookies. I saw cookies today at work and i started craving them really bad so i'm made some with Protean tomorrow along with the cheesecake and i'll post the pictures. I'll share the cookies recipe but not the cheesecake =D that is kind of my thing that i'm good at lol don't want to share that secret.

KingLeonidas9

KingLeonidas9

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I made cookies yesterday. A buuuuuunch of them! Recipe is not really friendly for people on a diet though. I tried my best to keep it clean but the further you stay away from original ingredients the less tasty it is. Anyways here is the batch.

And the recipe goes like this:
1 cup butter
3/4 cup dextrose corn sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
chocolate chips this i just go as much as i want.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
They look really good though.

KingLeonidas9

KingLeonidas9

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Right now I got the cheesecake in the oven.

In an hour I'll take it out of the oven, let it cool a bit before putting in the fridge for 4 hours. It's going to suuuuuuuuuuuck waiting because god damn the whole kitchen smells so damn good!

KingLeonidas9

KingLeonidas9

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
They look really good though.
Oh they came out amazing. If i didn't put the brown sugar it wouldn't have been as tasty. I ate everything last night and today LOL.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lol. You ate them all?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Letting it cool a but before I stick it in the fridge for a few hours. Don't know why it cracked up like that but don't matter.. Smells good so that's a good sign!
Were all of the ingredients not at room temperature before mixing?
Did you thoroughly beat/soften the cream cheese?

Most common mistakes made that cause cracking; or simply it was overcooked

Looks good though!

KingLeonidas9

KingLeonidas9

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Were all of the ingredients not at room temperature before mixing?
Did you thoroughly beat/soften the cream cheese?

Most common mistakes made that cause cracking; or simply it was overcooked

Looks good though!
It took me longer to soften the cream cheese. Longer than the other times I've made it. It bothered me a but I think it might be the cream cheese.. It's the first time I didn't use fat free cream cheese.

Here Is the finished protean cheesecake. I put a piece in tupperware to eat tomorrow at work and had a big piece for myself now. It's delicious!

Attachments

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Yea, that looks really good! I could tear one of those cookies up like right now!

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It took me longer to soften the cream cheese. Longer than the other times I've made it. It bothered me a but I think it might be the cream cheese.. It's the first time I didn't use fat free cream cheese.

Here Is the finished protean cheesecake. I put a piece in tupperware to eat tomorrow at work and had a big piece for myself now. It's delicious!
How many scoops of protean is in that??

KingLeonidas9

KingLeonidas9

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How many scoops of protean is in that??
2 scoops. It was suppose to be 1 and a half but I'm used to doing 2 scoops for shakes I just realized it after I dropped it in lol. Oh well more protein per serving =D

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
2 scoops. It was suppose to be 1 and a half but I'm used to doing 2 scoops for shakes I just realized it after I dropped it in lol. Oh well more protein per serving =D

That is perfect.. I always use two scoops!!!

Mike

KingLeonidas9

KingLeonidas9

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That is perfect.. I always use two scoops!!!

Mike
Well dang share your recipe!

Sorry I been gone for a few days. Been with my unit for awhile, just got home, completely drained but I made some brownies =D.

Made them so i could eat them at work but I already ate 4 pieces LOL. Smelled too good, I couldn't resist.

I got some almond milk today so I'll be trying that out tomorrow morning before I head out to work.

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Damn! What's the recipe for dem brownies?!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looks really good KL!

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn, those brownies look so legit.. recipe! pallease

KingLeonidas9

KingLeonidas9

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sorry guys been super busy. But work slowed down hard on friday and they let me go =/.

The recipe for the brownies was stolen from Protein Pow where I get a lot of my ideas, her recipes are all really good and healthy.

This is the original recipe. But I played around with it and used less of the ingredients. Originally that recipe makes about 20 pieces. mine was just a few.
85g whey
92g unsweetened dark chocolate (i used cocoa)
240g egg whites/egg substitute
80g cooking splenda
1 tablespoon baking powder
60g reduced calorie butter
120g walden farms zero calorie chocolate syrup (I didn't use this either)
228g zero fat cream cheese

Directions:
1. Heat your oven to 350 degrees. Set cream cheese out for 20-30 minutes to soften and mix all the ingredients in large bowl using a hand mixer until your batter is nice and smooth.
2. Then, pour batter into baking tray (spray first). Bake at 350 degrees F (176 degrees C) for 20 minutes. Allow them to cool and BAAAAAAAAAM!

Macros per Serving (out of 20):

59.4kcals
1.78g carbs
7.2g protein

LOOK AT THOSE MACROS!!!