Bringing It with Performax Fitmax

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Performax Labs was generous enough to send me a free 40 serving bottle of Fitmax which I will be reviewing in this log. My goal during this log will be to maintain/slightly increase strength while cutting and getting ready for an April 12th triathlon.

Right now I weight 185 and would like to get down to the 178-180 range a week out from my race. I'm currently at 9-11% bodyfat, not sure how accurate my scale is. Other stats - 5'11'', 32 years old, been lifting seriously since college, 1-4 triathlons a year for the past 6 years. Best bodybuilding stat - 225x on bench for 22 reps.

Fitmax says that it is for all athletes so you'll get a good review from an amateur muscular triathlete. I plan on taking Fitmax during weight lifting workouts 3x a week plus another 1-2x a week for cardio sessions. I will be doing a minimal of 6 intense cardio sessions (swimming/biking/running) a week most of the time blocking them with my weights.

And I need to mention I'm coming off of a 2 week break from stimulants. So this stuff should hit me pretty good. Before, I would normally not take more than 300mg of caffeine over the course of a day. I would say I'm middle of the road when it comes to being stim-tolerant

I will run this log for 4 weeks as I want to make sure I lose any excess water from the creatine that is in Fitmax before my race. First serving will be taken on Monday. Hope you enjoy my log.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed! Looking forward to it, what race are you doing?

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Miami University Student Foundation Sprint Triathlon in Oxford, OH. Its pretty short - 400m swim, 20k bike, 5k run, bust it out in about 1 hr 10 min. Its gotta warm the f up first though!

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Miami University Student Foundation Sprint Triathlon in Oxford, OH. Its pretty short - 400m swim, 20k bike, 5k run, bust it out in about 1 hr 10 min. Its gotta warm the f up first though!
I'm in Iowa, I definitely understand the cold! Sounds like a good race too

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So an early start to this log. Found out today my buddy can't do the triathlon with me so I'm going to forgo this year the biking in 40 degree weather while wet. The past two years I couldn't feel my feet on the run - no thanks. So weights are going to take precedence during this log, cardio will follow some of my workouts. I'm going to do a 3 day split, lifting 4-5 days a week. My goal is similar, but just only lose a few pounds. So my 2 weeks of no stims was up today, and I said hell lets start bringing it now. It was just eggs/chicken/veggies for breakfast and lunch. I had 1 slightly rounded scoop 2 hrs after my lunch and 20 min preworkout, felt it in 5-10 minutes and it felt GOOOOOOD! I also added 1 gram beta-alanine. I'm not sure if the focus was from Fitmax or from just getting amped to lift with stims again but I was locked in from the get-go! It was one of those workouts that you dream about. Plenty of energy the whole 1 hr 10 min workout. Endurance was awesome. I sipped 1 scoop Xtend + 1 g beta-alanine intra-workout. Here's what I did today. I only rested 1-2 minutes between sets and kept sets between 10-20 reps unless otherwise stated.

Back/Legs/Abs-
4x reverse grip bb rows - 185 lbs
4x strength band straight arm pulldowns
SS 1 min mountain climbers - all out, rest 5 sec to catch breath
3x single arm DB wide grip bent over rows - 40 lbs
1 burn out set - 25 lbs
4x bosu balance trainer DB squats on flat side - 50 lbs
4x romanian deadlifts - 185 lbs
3x 4 way DB lunges (front, 45 degree angle, side, reverse), 5 rounds each leg - 25 lbs
4x single leg balance DB calf raises - 10 lbs
SS hip thrusts - no rest
3x side plank with raise

The sweat came on early in the workout. I didn't really feel hungry during the workout despite eating very few carbs earlier in the day, maybe just a little during deads. I felt minimal fatigue after the workout, very euphoric. To be honest, I'm not much of a "pump" guy. So I don't really feel good or bad pumps. Sometimes I will notice if my biceps feel fuller faster, that's about it. One again, hell of a workout, thoroughly enjoyed the Fitmax experience today. 7 hrs later, I still feel alert and will probably be going to bed a little later than normal. I was minimally jittery a few hours later.

Last note, this was done at my home gym, no squat rack, no leg press, so I do the best I can with my legs.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Six hours post workout and can already feel back and legs getting sore, definitely can happen with legs, rarely happens with back for me..... bringing it!

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice start man! Sorry to hear about the triathalon but there will be more!

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I forgot to mention yesterday - taste - wonderfully sweet, no complaints - mixability - small amount of residue left over, nothing that another splash of water wouldn't soak up....I normally don't care about taste or mixability unless they are REALLY bad.

So I could not fall asleep for anything last night. I took Fitmax at 2:30 in the afternoon and I didn't fall asleep until 2:30 this morning I think and that was after a shot of rum at 2:00am, lol. Laid in bed for a total of 3 hours, couldn't clear my mind and relax. I guess that's what happens when you take two weeks off of stims. I ended up getting a little over 5 hours of sleep I think. I don't necessarily feel tired today, just little out of it. Back is really sore today, but I've had my legs be more sore - definitely need to up the weight on my lunges and probably reduce rest time on squats (my DBs only go up to 50 and I don't really want to put a bar on my back being on the bosu trainer.)

I went ahead and lifted at lunch anyways. So I had breakfast at 8:30, 1 rounded scoop of Fitmax at 10:45, 25 g protein shake and small apple at 11:10, and started lifting at 11:35. I was plenty alert and energetic for the workout, got a good urge to lift. I never felt like I wanted to stop. I still brought it 110% but it was one of those workouts where I just didn't have that King Kong feeling inside. Here's how the workout went, same rep/rest scheme as yesterday:

Chest/Shoulders
4x feet in air bench press 180 lbs, definitely increasing weight next time
1 Burnout set 135 lbs
3x single arm strength band chest fly, minimal rest
4x incline DB press with twist at top 50 lbs - never done them with twist, harder than I thought they would be
SS body weight jump squats 1 min
Finisher - 3 position push-ups
4x Arnold Press 35 lbs
4x BB shrugs 225 lbs
3x Bring to front side raises 25 lbs
SS Reverse fly 20 lbs
Finisher - stand on head shoulder press with feet on bench

Worked up another good sweat. The squat jumps were killing me! I was a little disappointed with my Arnolds weight but I haven't combined shoulders with chest in forever. I was definitely ready to stop at the end of my workout - 1 hr 5 min. Even though I got just 5 hours of sleep I would rate this a slightly above average lift with Fitmax. Never got the euphoric feeling like yesterday.

Definitely feeling a little jittery right now with lack of sleep and Fitmax in me, not really tired. I'm hoping I can sleep tonight. Tomorrow is going to be either an off day or fasted HIIT cardio in the morning, no Fitmax.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the update man! Are you pretty stim sensitive? Fitmax is on the lower end stim wise compared to alot of the more powerful PWO's out there so surprised to hear it affected your sleep.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks for the update man! Are you pretty stim sensitive? Fitmax is on the lower end stim wise compared to alot of the more powerful PWO's out there so surprised to hear it affected your sleep.
I'm fairly sensitive to stims. I almost always don't take any after lunch. I've had several different PWOs that are loaded with stims (ex. 300mg caffeine) and after taking, am definitely set for the rest of the day. I've never actually had a whole container of a fat burner product, but from samples, it seems some of those ingredients can make me jittery (ex. yohimbe, felt on edge a lot from my Jack3d Advanced container, recently sampled Molecular Nutrition Accelerant and was really jittery).

I don't see myself needing more than a heaping scoop of Fitmax any time soon. We'll stay with a rounded scoop for now. It doesn't feel over-powerful while I'm working out, it just doesn't really wear off for me.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Gotcha, one scoop should do ya just fine then!

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I need to mention that I am noticing a subtle appetite suppression. The past two workouts have definitely been balls to the wall. Normally I'm losing my mind with hunger the rest of the day. I'm not finding this the case with Fitmax and am enjoying this effect.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I slept pretty good last night although my wife woke me up thinking she heard something, couldn't fall back asleep, so I only got 7 hours of sleep which is a helluva lot better than 5. It took me about the normal time to fall asleep.

My shoulders are pretty sore in a place that they aren't usually - right at the base of the lateral head. I don't normally do the arms bent, bring to front variation of side raises.

Hammies are still really sore from the romanian deadlifts on Sunday. I don't normally do this variation either.

A Fitmax sponsored arm workout tomorrow!

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looking forward to it!

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Something to note - I took a 200mg caffeine pill before my HIIT stationary bike session this morning, and course the workout experience was different compared to Fitmax but I'm noticing different effects hours after the workout. There is definitely something in Fitmax that keeps more alert/excited (the best words I could come up with) hours later. I still feel non-tired and ready to go from the caffeine but there is a little some more with Fitmax.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes sir, one of the best parts of Fitmax is the focus/well being that you get from it. Love it!

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I normally like to lift at lunch but work is getting in the way of that today. So I woke up at 4:30 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep thinking about taking my Fitmax :) This actually happens a lot if I have a morning workout - I get too f-ing excited to workout and take an energy supplement. I ended up taking a round scoop of Fitmax at 5:50, 30 g protein shake and mandarin orange at 6:10, started lifting at 6:35. Today was Bi/Tri/Abs day. It started out awesome but eventually ran myself into the ground with how much I was bringing it today, not to mention I only got 6 hours of sleep. The workout somehow lasted 1 hr 25 min. This was the first time I did this workout, wasn't intending it to go this long. Here it is, same rep/rest scheme as before unless otherwise stated.

4x Barbell curl 120 lb (6-8 rep range)
4x DB pinwheel curl 40 lb 1-2 sets, 35 lb 3-4 sets, love the squeeze I get at the peak of my bi from this
10x Strength band concentration curls, 10 sec rest between arms - going for a killer pump here
Finisher - Standing DB curls Burnout down the rack - 40s, 30s, 20s
4x Close-grip bench 155 lb
4x Seated overhead EZ curl bar tricep press 80 lbs
SS 1 min mountain climbers
3x Strength band single arm reverse grip tricep pressdown, 10 sec rest between arms
Finisher - Burnout bench dips
3x Ab wheel
SS reverse crunch
3x Strength band wood shop, 10 sec rest between sides

I think it ran a little long since it was my first time with this workout, thinking about weight selection, and setting everything up. But I'm tired just replaying all in my head. I never got hungry during the workout, but I knew I better get a post-workout shake down soon or it was going to be trouble. There was no crash at the end of the workout, but I definitely felt drained from the duration and intensity. I can already tell I'm gonna be pretty sore. I know I would have been worthless the whole last half of this workout if I hadn't taken Fitmax. All-in-all it was a great workout, with 8 hours of sleep it would have been awesome I'm sure. I haven't been stuffing my face with food today, 40 g post-workout protein shake w/ 8oz skim milk, 3 eggs/fat free cheese/veggies for breakfast, tuna can/light mayo/cucumbers for morning snack. So I'd say the appetite suppression is there. Fitmax is definitely keeping me alert and productive today post-workout. Next Fitmax day will be back to back/legs on Friday or Saturday depending on recovery, more HIIT cardio in between.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the thorough update! I was the same way with morning workouts. If I woke up an hour early to pee or something I could never get back to sleep, lol.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Arms crazy sore, to be expected. And like clock work, my abs are sore after going back to using the ab wheel.

No Fitmax today - 45 minute fasted stationary bike HIIT - 10 minute warm-up, 25 min of 1:30 on, 1:30 off, 10 minute cool down.
No Fitmax tomorrow either, I need to hit the pool, gotta retain my stroke.
A Fitmax Back/legs workout for sure on Saturday.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just joined a new gym since we moved and it's got a big pool. Will definitely be hitting that up, haven't had a chance to forever!

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
A day late posting this, life got in the way....

*note same exercises and generally same rep ranges as before

Decent size breakfast at 7:15, 1 scoop Fitmax at 9:15. Started lifted back/legs/abs at 9:45. I got 8 hours of sleep so I was feeling really good for this workout. Fitmax helped me kill it! I added in power cleans at the start since I haven't done back and legs on the same day in a while. Plus I haven't done power cleans in forever. I used 165 lbs. I felt like was moving in slow motion compared to how I see other people doing it. I stayed in the 6-8 rep range. My whole upper body puffed up really quick from doing these. As a result of starting out with power cleans, I had to go down in weight in reverse grip BB rows - 170 lbs. I was able to decrease my rest time for bosu squats - around 45 seconds. After squats because of the intensity, I thought the rest of the workout was going to suck but to my surprise, I felt really strong on Romanian deadlifts, quickly upping the weight to 200 lbs. Next were lunges and upped to 30 lbs DBs. My forearms were toast after the first set and had to use wrist straps so I could fully concentrate on working my legs. During my first superset of hip thrusts, I noticed a general good feeling come over me and that I still had great energy to finish strong. Workout ended up be 1 hr 15 min. Fitmax helped me stay alert and energetic the rest of the day. I was pretty much on my feet all day painting my house and taking daughter to park. Great day with Fitmax!

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice big update, and nice work sir!

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Week 2 of Fitmax is off to a great start! I killed my chest/shoulder workout today. It was 100% better from last week, mostly because I got a lot more sleep this time around. Here's how the day went. 9:00 Breakfast - big egg sandwich w/ brussel sprouts , 10:30 30 g protein blend shake, 12:15 heaping scooping Fitmax, 12:45 lifted - same workout. I did 190 lbs 21x for feet in air bench, wasn't expecting to get it that much. I felt really strong on shrugs today even after doing power cleans yesterday, def going up in weight next time. I must have really picked up the pace this workout because it was just under an hour. If it was a weekday I might have added some HIIT cardio at the end because I still had plenty of energy. But it's the weekend and I'm a family man. Right now 1.5 hour after the workout, I'm blown away with how much energy I still have. I was even tad bit jittery right after the workout. I think if my workout is only going to last an hour I need take Fitmax a little earlier or do a little more warm-up. Normally my warm-up is 5 minutes consisting of jumping jacks, running in place, and a set or two of high rep/really low weight hitting that day's muscles......The rest of the day is going to be great! On to folding laundry. HIIT cardio tomorrow, Fitmax Arms/Abs on Tuesday.

*Note - my quads are no where close to being as sore as they could be with bosu squats. This exercise really makes them burn but my reps are really high 17-21. I may have to look into replacing that exercise and just do those when I'm doing more serious triathlon training.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Feels good when you can get in a great workout and it's under an hour! Nice to see you're getting such good clean energy from fitmax.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Absolutely killed my workout today. Here's how the day went. 8:15 3 egg/ham/cheese/veggie omelet, 10:15 30g protein blend shake, 11:45 heaping scoop of Fitmax, 12:00 started rockin out to my White Zombie Pandora station, 12:15 started bi/tri/abs. I had a great mindset going into the workout today. I got almost 8 hours of sleep so that helped. Sometimes when I start my workout I have negative thoughts until I really get going but I had a fire under my ass from the get-go, my inner King Kong was definitely out today. I went up in weight or reps virtually every set. I did take out 1 set of pinwheel curls because I thought that was a little excessive. Assessing my workout halfway through, I thought I had virtually no fatigue and that was with picking up the pace from last time. On my supersets of mountain climbers, I found myself attacking them instead of just surviving them. And my ab supersets turned into giant sets with oblique crunches added. I finished the workout in just under 1 hr 15 min, quite a bit quicker from last time. There was no hunger during the workout and I just started drinking my post-workout shake at 1:45 - still feeling the appetite suppression, probably won't need to eat a real meal until 3:00. I'm pretty amazed at just how strong 1 heaping Fitmax scoop is. There is no crash and I can tell I'm going to have a productive rest of the day. VERY alert right now. In terms of that "good" feeling, today's workout *****ed my first workout on Fitmax. Next Fitmax day will either be Thursday or Friday, back/legs are recovering pretty good so it might be Thursday.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Killer back/leg/abs workout this morning with Fitmax. Intensity from the start probably could have been a little better if I would have done this lift at my normal lunch time but life got in the way. After about 15 min into it, I was really feeling good. So here's how it went: 6:20 heaping scoop fitmax, 6:40 30g whey shake + mandarin orange, 7:00 got after it. Fitmax effects were VERY prevalent today taking first thing in morning fasted, hit me within 5-10 min, it got me more than ready to workout this morning. I tried to go up a little in weight with power cleans but that wasn't a good idea. While trying to hit my desired rep range of 6 on first set with 170 lbs, I almost fell forward trying to heave up the last rep. So I went back down to 165 for remaining sets. I must have some extremely week forearms because they fatigue very fast compared to the rest of the muscles used in this movement. For being a ***** on power cleans, I found my inner hulk on the next exercise - reverse grip BB rows and really brought, went up a little in weight, and attacked it like an animal. I ended up swapping my bosu squats for zercher squats and holy cow, I wasn't expecting those to be so intense. I only used 135 lbs. Since you are holding the bar in your arms, you body gets no rest during the whole set. This caused me to feel a little more fatigued on romanian deads but still brought it. After those two intense exercises, I had to regroup for lunges and thank goodness Outkast - B.O.B. came on. That song and my second wind from Fitmax helped finish my workout strong. I felt that "good" feeling come over me while supersetting with hip thrusts. Workout lasted almost 1 hr 20 min. I may have to cut out a set some where. Zercher squats caused my rest times to increase between this exercise and deads. Zero crash afterwards. 30g protein blend/12 oz skim milk post workout shake. I will just be eating my first solid meal here soon at 9:45. Gonna be a great Friday.

Also note. I was extremely thirsty lifting first thing this morning. Between Fitmax and Preworkout protein shake I had a good 20-25 oz of water before the workout. I drank 45-50 oz of water with 1 scoop Xtend intra.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea dude, taken fasted it really kicks in quick! Before our baby I was a morning fasted lifter and always dug that aspect. Great way to start the day! Nice update and work

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
FYI, I've developed a little ulna pain, nothing major yet. Right one just hurts to the touch. I don't normally do heavy straight bars curls in the 6-8 rep range. I found the below post. Looks like I need to clamp down on my form. If it gets serious, then lighter weight or EZ curl bar.

now a lot of people get tht forearm pain. your form might be a contributing factor because the pathof least resistance involved flaring your elbows out while curling, which puts a huge straight on the ulna bone and into your forarm/wrist. have you tried keeping your elbows in front of your body, and squeezing them towards one another to prevent them from flaring out during the lift?

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Another kicka$$ lift today - chest/shoulders. Here's how it went. 8:00 breakfast - 2 egg/ham/fat free cheese/veggie omelet, 10:10 heaping scoop Fitmax, 10:20 20g whey shake, 10:55 started lifting. Yesterday I had a wonderful pizza cheat meal to replenish my glycogen stores so I didn't need much before my workout today. Knowing that I had that meal in me and 8 hours of sleep, the workout started and ended great. I was pleased with 200 lbs 19x feet in air bench. My jump squat supersets were definitely more difficult today with zercher squats yesterday. I noticed my traps a little sore from power cleans yesterdays while shrugs today. I may have to rearrange my non-lifting days. The workout was on pace to be under an hour again, I was feeling good so I added a 4th set of side raises/reverse flyes at the end, workout lasted right at an hour. Same great Fitmax experience this workout. No crash. For workouts lasting an hour or less, I think I like taking fitmax 40-60 minutes preworkout. For my workouts that last 1 hr 15 min+, I definitely think it helps to take 20-30 preworkout so it helps more towards the end. Great energy the rest of the day. Fitmax bi/tri/abs on Monday.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Gotta love a pizza cheat meal, my favorite! Glad fitmax is still hitting you with that good clean energy

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Great bi/tri/abs workout today. I got over 8 hours of sleep so there was no lack of motivation/intensity for this workout. Here's how it went. 8:00 Breakfast - 2 eggs/turkey bacon/ham/fat free chesse/1 whole wheat slice bread + brussel sprouts, 10:15 30g whey shake + mandarin orange, 11:35 1 1/4 scoops Fitmax, 12:05 hit the weights. Decreased weight a little for BB curls and concentrated on form, ulna sore afterwards so I'll probably just go to EZ curl bar curls next time. I forgot that I only did 3 sets of pinwheel curls last time and did 4 today - aint no thang! 10 x 10 concentration curls were given me a great squeeze today. Halfway through I was still plenty focused to kill some close-grip bench. Added 10lbs, so I got 175 18x first set, happy about that. Lots of energy left for my 4x EZ curl bar tri press SS mountain climbers. I ended up keeping oblique crunches for abs in a giant set, here to stay. 2nd set of abs it really hit me that I was bringing it, refocused and finished strong. Workout length - 1 hr 16 min. Good euphoric feeling at the end. No crash. Love my Fitmax!

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good workout man! Gotta love the lack of crash and that good feeling you get after a fitmax workout :)

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I also want to say that recovery between sets with Fitmax is great. I can superset a lift with 1 min HIIT cardio and be ready to go again in 10 sec-1.5 minutes depending on how demanding the lift is. Note that I'm always sipping on Xtend intra-workout.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good DOMS with my arms and abs today, ab wheel is still killin 'em!

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Must be Doms week, chest is sore as hell today!

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Definitely brought it today for back/legs/abs. 7:30 30 g whey shake + banana, 9:00 1 1/4 scoop Fitmax, 9:30 attacked the weights. I didn't go up in weight on power cleans but was able to get an extra rep on a couple sets. Happy I'm starting to see a little progress there. I tried to cut down rest time some on zercher squats and romanian deadlifts. These two exercises back to back are killer. I was laying on the ground after each set. Even though I was gasping for air and sweating like crazy, Fitmax allowed me to keep up my intensity throughout these sets and the remainder of the workout. My single-leg balance calf raises SS hip thrusts seemed like a piece of cake at the end of the workout after killing it on squats/deads. The whole 1 hr 15 min was pretty insane. No crash afterwards. And I haven't been stuffing my face since the workout thanks to the appetite suppression. I did indulge post-workout @ 11:00 with 30 g whey + 10 oz skim milk AND 2 homemade chocolate chip bars - think brownies only they were cookies. I'm pretty sure I deserved it after that lift. Solid meal at 12:15 - lots more protein and veggies......Thanks Fitmax!

Also note, I moved up today's workout one day so I can take a rest day (cardio day) between chest/shoulders. Legs had recovered from last workout so it was all good. So chest/shoulders on Friday.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
FYI, still got that euphoric feeling 4.5 hours after taking Fitmax!

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Love it! And today is my off day and after reading your workout I am now jealous, lol. Hate off days.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Amazingly I had a pretty sick workout - check/shoulders. Lift happened and I got 6 maybe 6.5 hours of sleep. So I took a tad bit more Fitmax at 6:25 - 1 1/3 scoops. 6:45 30 g whey shake + mandarin orange. 7:05 started killing it. I don't know what it was but normally on a day like this the first exercise sucks - not today. Felt really strong during feet-in-air bench, went up in weight again. I think the extra day between back/legs/abs helped a lot. My supersets of jump squats were hard instead of insanely hard. I felt good on my arnolds but the results weren't their for some reason. I'd hammer out the first half of the set, then really fatigue towards the end - stayed the same in weight and reps. But my workout really shined in shrugs, went up in weight and dominated. I added a burn out on the last set shrug set. Then in last exercise, side raises SS reverse fly, I was daring the clock to change to the next minute so I could start another set - how messed up is that. Workout last 1 hr. All of the same good stuff with Fitmax that I've mentioned before. BOOM!

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What can I say, another ridiculous lift today. I had a lot of pent up energy/frustration with my wife having strep throat and having to watch the 2 yr old all weekend. Here's how it went. 8:00 huge omelet. 11:00 smoothie - 30 g whey, 8 oz skim milk, banana. 12:35 1 /3 scoops Fitmax. 1:05 brought it. Went with EZ curl bar curls instead of straight bar and went higher reps since ulna bones were still sore. My arms blew up pretty quick. First exercise was so intense that my first set of pin wheel curls suffered a little, sets 2-4 were fine though. Korn - Freak On a Leash came on during 10 x 10 strength band concentration curls and the workout was taken to a new level. I went up in weight or reps on virtually every set. Halfway through the lift, I still had insane energy which lasted the WHOLE 80 min workout. Arms felt like wet noodles after workout but there was no crash. Great euphoric feeling today. This was probably the second best experience with Fitmax, second only to my first workout with it. BOOM!

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good workout man! Gotta love it when a good song comes on and pushes you even harder!

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Great back/legs/abs workout today. 8:30 big 2 egg/fat free cheese/ham/turkey bacon sandwich + brussels sprouts. 10:50 30 g whey shake + small apple. 12:20 1 1/3 scoops Fitmax. 12:50 brought it. I was dialed in from the start of the workout, got 8.5 hours of sleep and was ready see some increases with power cleans. I went up in weight to 170. I got it 6,5,6,6 times. Yeah, I accidentally did 4 sets, that's how focused I was on this exercise. I figured out that I have to do these sets relatively fast so my forearms don't tire out. I went up a little in weight, more reps and tried decreasing rest time on zercher squats - I was gasping for air after each set. I ended up changing the order of my leg exercises and boy did that help with Romanian deadlifts. I inserted standing single leg balance calf raises between zercher squats and deads. Holycow, I was able to up 20 lbs and get more reps for my deads. With the increase in weight, I noticed my forearms really starting to fatigue on the last set and that was with wrist straps - man I'm a wus. I was really starting to feel it towards the end with my lunges - I paired my superset hip thrusts with lunges instead of calf raises. I was pretty beat at the end of the workout - it lasted 85 minutes! I was definitely ready for a big cookie bar and shake. All in all, great workout. No way in he!! I could have done all of this without Fitmax. Still no crash afterwards, feeling great! I'm still noticing some appetite suppression as well.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice update man! Working your butt off in here.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Great chest/shoulder lift today. 8:30 smoothie - 25 g whey, 8 oz skim milk, banana. 9:45 1 1/3 scoops Fitmax. 10:15 brought it. I was really able to speed through this workout today. I noticed recovery times were pretty short. Strength increases were apparent on every exercise. My focus did fade a little towards the end, two nights ago I didn't get as much sleep as I needed, not sure if it was from that or just needing some more food in me. My hamstrings were definitely still sore from leg day so my SS body weight jump squats were burning like crazy. I really noticed the appetite suppression this afternoon for some reason. All-in-all great workout that lasted just under an hour.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Glad your still enjoying it and your able to keep your dose relatively low which is good!

Thanks for the detailed reviews, keep it up!

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Great bi/tri/ab workout today. 12:45 protein smoothie - 30 g whey, 8 oz milk, banana. 2:10 1 1/3 scoops Fitmax. 2:40 brought it. Great endurance and recovery times during my workout. I went back to 3 sets of pinwheel curls today, mostly because I changed up my order a little and did them after my 10x10 concentration curls. Biceps were really tired for pinwheel curls. I really felt like I dominated close grip bench once again. There just never seems to be a let down from Fitmax during a workout, love it. Sometimes I would seem to be limping towards the finish line while doing abs at the end of my workouts. This has never been the case with Fitmax. Today's workout lasted 75 minutes.

I do feel like my dieting is starting to take a toll on me. I notice a definite decrease in libido and my energy levels seem down a bit without caffeine in me. Next week, I'll probably up my calories and carbs while decreasing intensity of lifts - still go until failure but longer rest times, probably less sets with no HIIT supersets. A little recovery is due I think after a balls to the wall 4 weeks.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea man, cuts can be tough! I know I'll walk around like a sad panda all day when I'm hungry

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Solid back/legs/abs workout today. 7:30 breakfast - 3 eggs/2 slices fat free cheese/ 1/2 cup uncooked oats. 9:40 smoothie - 30 g whey, 8 oz milk, banana. 11:05 1 1/3 scoops Fitmax. 11:35 brought it. I went up another 5 pounds in power cleans today - 175 lbs, still got it 3x6, pleased with that progress. Like I said in previous post, this workout was going to be less intense. It's a good thing too because I only got 7 hours of sleep, couldn't fall back asleep after 6 this morning:( But the second half of my workout really shined. With less performed back work and increased rest times, I saw huge gains in zercher squats and romanian deadlifts. With increased rest times, the workout still lasted 80 minutes. By the end of it I was ready for my post-workout shake! Nothing new to report on Fitmax effects, still loving it.

It's been a month now taking Fitmax. I think this is going to be my last week on it, 2 more workouts. I'm going to start a formal triathlon training plan soon and I don't want to be taking creatine anymore. Plus I don't want to take a thermogenic for any extended time. It has been a great ride with Fitmax. Maybe I'll bump it up to 1.5 scoops for the last arm workout on Saturday :)